OtakuBoards

Favorite Game to Play

Guest BluesAngel

Guest BluesAngel
Hey guys..

What is your favorite game and why?

Is it because of the amazing graphics? or the great battle sequences? or maybe because of the story line with romance, tragedy, or good against evil.

Maybe it's your favorite game just because you love everthing about it!

I'm just wondering because, well :animesigh , my game collection isn't very large and I'm looking for some great games that others love.. :catgirl:

Thanks! :wigout:

Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando

yes, Ive played Up Your Arsenal, and it is a great game, but GC is much better.

You see, Going Commando is aa perfect mix of action and platforming. It has awesome weapons, each which you can upgrade with training, and sweet new armors you can buy. The coolest thing about GC is that each weapon is diferent enough from the last that you have variety, but no weapon is so great from the others that you don't use them all. In UYA, there are 5 weapon evolutions, but each of them just slightly upgrades your gun, while in GC then evolving your gun means completely changing it. The game is tough, and sometimes frustrating, but you get used to it.

You can see my full review on GameFAQs.com

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Lets see...R-Type Final. A staple in shooter history is I say so my self. I've been playing the R-Types since I've been born, they are a must-have for any gamers collection and R-Type Final happens to be one of the greatest R-Types.
Its played out in 2-D fashion but with lush, fully detailed 3-D graphics. The weapon effects look great and every ship is detailed to perfection...There are 101 in all to unlock. Yes, 101 ships to unlock and play with so you know your gaming experience won't get dull very fast. Much like the previous R-Types you have the Force at your disposal, an indestructable satellite, that you can attach and detach from your ship to fit the situation. The game is just an all around good shooter to play, and it happens to be one of my favorites.

Zabuza, gamer for life.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkred]Generally, I enjoy playing platform games, because of their simplicity and continuity. I find that the genre tends to be underrated in some circumstances, as they usually lose out to other games such as RPGs. In particular however, my all time platformer is Super Mario World.

I enjoy playing it because it seriously emphasises on the pick up and play factor, which is something I usually look for in games. But, more than anything, I love the way in which the game is laid out overall; it's simple and very straightforward, as opposed to the likes of Sonic, which I find extremely complex for a simple minded platformer. I mean, with Mario, I can play for hours on end, breezing through each level at my own pace, which is a very fast one mind you, but in Sonic, I sometimes feel that what I'm trying to achieve in a certain level is something of a chore, and I generally get frustrated at the game rather than enjoy it.

You see, Sonic lacks the kind of edge that I find so great in Mario, because with Mario there's a sense of achievement to be attained, though in Sonic I see it as a "complete the levels thrown at you" kind of game. I love scanning over the map area I've completed in Super Mario World, and all the secret locations I've uncovered, but that's a feat that's absent in the early Sonic games.

Heh, it's amazing how I've managed to convert this post into a brief comparison between Mario and Sonic. D'oh.[/color] :animeswea

Suprisingly, my favorite games are ones that have come and gone, such as those on the SNES. My favorite games are Legend of the Mystical Ninja, which we all know is Goemon, but it was such an awesome game, not to mention pretty hard:( After that is Plok, where you attack fleas and other monsters with your velcro body parts. Now that's just cool. I won't even start mentioning the awesome RPGs that were on the SNES.

Bestthing is, thanks to emulators, I can play these games even though my system broke down a few years ago. And I have all the original cartriges, so its nice and legal.

I'm in the same situation as J2Assassin, my SNES stopped ticking so I turned it into a tissue dispenser (and my PS into an ashtray). I shouldn't have to mention the games I like because they're the same games everyone else likes on that system.

Some games that no one talks about (or probably remembers) are Journey to Sillius, a side-scrolling shooter/platformer for the NES. I also like MagMax a lot, it was the first shooter I ever played, for NES; it's cool because there's a psuedo-3-D world above ground and you can dive underground for a true side-scrolling shooter.

As for newer games, Soul Calibur II is amazing, as well as Tekken 5, which I've still only played in arcades. I play Dance Dance Revolution to stay in shape (and then have a nice steaming bowl of Ramen noodles...). I've also become addicted in some Atlus games, like Disgaea, Phantom Brave, Shin Megami Tensei, and even older ones like Tail Concerto and Rhapsody. The Rathcet and Clank games are cool, I'm waiting for Up Your Arsenal to become a Greatest Hit before I buy it, because just spent a lot of money on some new guitar equipment. Hope I helped!

I have to say Lord Dante is right. FFVII was by far one of the best games i ever played. It got me hooked on RPG's, and it was just a breakthrough back then. While i do enjoy shooters for stress relief, and action for cool kick butt moments, RPG's never let me down. They have great story lines, and cutscences you wouldnt bleieve. So, once more, GO FFVII

[color=#4B0082]Actually, downloading ROMs isn't legal even if you own the original cartridges, due to some laws regarding personal backup copies being different for video game ROMs. ... But that's another story.

My all time favorite game would be another Super NES classic, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The main reason is that it just never, ever gets old for me. Between the SNES and GBA versions, I've played through the game nine times, and each time has been as fun -- if not more fun, as in the case with my minimalist run -- as the last. It's one of those games that I can pick up anytime, anywhere, and have fun with.[/color]

Guest Kakashi-San
Hi Guys

my favourite Game is

[B]Resident Evil 4[/B] (One of the best game this Console Generation)

game has a really great Atmosphere every Minute you play this game and the great Graphics, the leveldesign and the charakters like The Village (with the great fire) or the Dungeon at the end of the Game, or Leon Ada or J. Krauser are highly detailed and this is for me a Masterpiece. The Story are not so good but the Action are AWESOME!!! :animeblus

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Me loves Fire Emblem, a whole lot. The one also called Rekka No Ken in Japan, which I believe is the seventh in the series. It's for Game Boy Advance, so there's not much to say about the graphics (which aren't bad at all), but the storylines and characters are just so amazing that I get sucked in for hours and hours. It's not easy, either. I get so attached to characters that when they get killed (and when they die, they don't come back, EVER) I restart the whole chapter. I'm not much of a tactician, though the game characters seem to think I am, but I really love this game and I DO recommend it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm going to have to say Project Snowblind. You get all these special powers like shielding and in the end you wind up with over 15 awesome weapons. You can drive tanks, cars, and these walking things called ogres that fire a group of cluster missiles. You can hack cameras, turrets, and all kinds of robots. My favorite part is a gun that fires out little balls that seek out and electrocute you're enemies. The online play is awesome and even though it's a single player game it's the best "teen" rated shooter for the PS2.

I own Ratchet and Clank: Up your arsenal and i think it's great, but for me it's too childish. Project Snowblind has a gritty edge-of-your-seat style to it i just love. It's a short storyline but it makes sense and it's fun to play over and over again. I beat it three times in two days and loved every minute of it.

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1][CENTER]I'm a big fan of Star Ocean Till The End of Time. I like the length of it---- very long. The battle system is soooo fun, and the characters are really nifty. It's fairly challenging to me, and I like how it easily becomes addictive.

I don't know very much about the game since I'm still on disk one of two, so yeah. But I do have an addiction, and it's hard to pull me away once I get started with it. Definately a game I'd suggest for Summer Break... or just people with [b]a lot[/b] o' time on their hands. :3 [/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Times]Super Smash Bros. Melee is my favorite game ever. I've been playing since it first came out in like 2001 or whenever, I can't remember now; but I still love playing it. Smash is the deepest and most complex fighter I've ever played, seeing as how you can't just use a few combos and expect your enemy to die; you have to keep them from returning to the stage to win (which is very difficult if your opponent's any good usually). So you have to have strategies and combos for any situation if you want to win against a good player. I'm not even going to get into things like edge guarding and advanced techniques though. That would take a while.

But basically the best thing about Smash is the community. There are tons of people who love this game all over, and there's always a tournament going on somewhere with all the best players traveling from across the country just to compete and hang out. It's really awesome, and I hope SSBR keeps Smash alive even longer and increases the fanbase. Online's gonna be crazy if they do this game right.[/font]

I am an obsessive Resident Evil fan. However, my collection is missing three, two of those three being ones that have priorly been mentioned.
My favourite game would probably be [B]Resident Evil 0[/B]. Mainly based on graphics, gameplay and pure esence of Resident Evil. However, I have grown weary of it, so it is not my most played game.
I have yet to play Resident Evil 4, but I am sure that would better 0 by far!

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I love to play Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, over and over again... :catgirl:

Its sooooo fun! I love the music and the fights, and how the puzzles are so... thought-provoking! And Link's outfit is cool too, a like how the hat flows with the wind.[/FONT][/COLOR]

The one game i can't life w/out is...DDR!! It's one of those im sure i'll be playing yrs from now. It takes my mind off all that's wrong w/ the world, and gives back my sense of peace...

I'm also just starting w/ FPS and so far Hitman's been kewl. Some war games too. But...my all time fave will always be the Zelda series.

Zone of The Enders,
Magnificant game, graphics are incredible(for around 2001) Been out awhile, but still managed to keep it's fan base, the story rocks but the game is short :animeswea .They produced a sequel to ZOE Named; "Zoe: the second Runner" The game leaves off from the last, though it does have 1 plot hole...Leo dumped Jehuty(Mecha) for anyone to find but why?
I still enjoy playing the game and it has a slightly anime based theme.I suggest you get it!!!

My favorite game to play is SSBM because it was my first game for my GC and i still play it today it's just such a good fighting game i could never get bored of it. There is also alot of things to do in the game so it's worth buying it[FONT=Palatino Linotype]undefined[/FONT][COLOR=Green]undefined[/COLOR]

Depends what you mean...well, as in, which system.

For ps2 I can recommend any of the Tenchu games, Way of The Samurai, Dynasty/Samurai Warriors, ZOE was a good one too...errr can't think of anymore. Oh yeah, Drakon (or something, forgot how to spell it), Orphen (although the graphicz were *****), Devil May Cry (any but the second one), Digital Devil Sega (personal fav.)...gargh can't think of any more. lol Thing is about ps2 is that they have a LOT of games but a lot of them stink! oh! Katamari Damacy!! XD

For Gamecube I highly recommend Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (There are so many misconceptions about this game and it annoys me, just because it's different doesn't mean it's not good or that it has bad graphics, and if the amount of water annoys you just try playing Suikoden 4 and you'll never b*tch about Zelda again) Mario Party, Tales of Symphonia, Harvest Moon....*brain stops functioning* Smash bros is a definite must play! Same with Mario Kart!

Generally for console games I high recommend any Legend of Zelda games, and 007 games.

As for comp. games I haven't played many...maybe I can recommend Myst. :P As for MMORPGS...well thatz a different story.

RO is RLLY awsome! But for the fullest experience play it on hacked servers - actually for any game that's p2p play on a hacked server for a better experience! LOL But seriously! RO on hacked is so l33t, there's so many servers to choose from and so many things that you could do. It's really a creative game and even though at times you may hate it (for the down time and other such annoyances) you'll always wanna go back!

Lineage2 is drool mania. They graphics KICK ARSE and the creativity in this game is AMAZING....as for finding hacked servers for this itz REALLY...and I mean REALLY hard. Not a lot are available and you need a really good computer to run this game...the thing is huge. Nonetheless though worthy of your time.

Guild Wars is the only game u rlly gotta play offical, plus itz not p2p - which is good. RLLY unique gameplay that makes not exactly an mmorpg..kinda gets frustrating though cuz you can't really play with your friends.

A lot of people like Maple Story, I was okay with it. Gunbound is also very popular right now.

Well I hope I helped at least a bit.

Mmm this is hard but my favorites are Lunar: Silver Star Story, Chrono Cross, Rhapsody A Musical Adventure and Star Ocean 2. I can sit around for hours playing those games.

For Lunar, it's the characters and the writing. Every conversation with random NPCs or your party members are a delight. Chrono Cross, I have no idea, everything just comes together for me on that game. Rhapsody was my first PS1 game, is that weird? But I love it, it's cute and it's a musical with puppets!! Lastly, Star Ocean 2 is just everything I want in an RPG so there you go.

1. Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut. Why? Cause Sonic the Hedgehog is awesome. I loved this game even more than the originals because of the Adventure aspect. In the others, you played the level by level form, but in Sonic Adventure, there was a level of exploration and broadness to the world instead of just action stages. Sonic the Hedgehog, the series in general, is one of my favorites. I'm a huge fan. I remember when I played Mario, back when I was a kid. After I got Sonic CD for PC, I just couldn't pick it up. The Sonic games are so superior as a platform. I find that Mario's levels get incredibly repetitive, especially old school Mario. Newer ones I find much more fun. But anyway, Sonic's speed, item collecting, bonus stages, other characters, and of course, Super Sonic, make this game and series one of my favorite.

2. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. I must warn you, I am in love with this game. Flame it and I will find you and cease your living on this world ;) . This game would have to fall into the category of "All Around Awesome". 3xA. Let's start with Music. The music is wonderful, dynamic, excellent. I just had to have the soundtrack. The tones perfectly match the levels, drawing you farther and farther into the world of Crystal Chronicles. Next is the graphics. These are shear beauty. Even in the levels, the world map, especially the opening FMV, they are rounded and unflawed. Polygons that haunt even other Gamecube games are just gone. The level designs are stunning! My favorite zone would have to be the Mushroom Forest. Riverbelle Path and later dungeons are just as inventive and fun. You'll find yourself journeying from bright, outside paths, to crawling in the depths of a Goblin City. Either way, this game will keep you hooked.

My favorite part would have to be the feel of the game. It's the quintessence of fantasy, chimerical adventure. This game is definetly one of my one and onlys, my very favorite. You know, rarely, sometimes, you'll see a game you were simply in love with from the sight of the very first commercial? This is that game for me.

~RtT