OtakuBoards

Times that you've rooted for the "bad guy"?

Bloodseeker

When have you found yourself rooting on the bad guys or antagonists in anime or videogames?

[b]Ryoga (Ranma):[/b] As cool as Ranma is, I always found myself cheering on Ryoga whenever those two fought. I dunno, there's just something about the guy that makes him cooler than Ranma...

[b]Ayane (DOA):[/b] Maybe not a full fledged antagonist, but Itagaki obviously intended for players to be on Kasumi's side in that rivalry. But how could I side with Kasumi on this one, when Ayane's 100 times cooler?! Kasumi's cute, but Ayane's got an awesome atitude! Intentionally pissing Helena off before their fight in DOA2, stating just about everyone's sentiments on Jann Lee, and seriously looking down on fighters after she's beaten them! Not to mention that she just looks cool.

[b]Random Sailor Moon bad guy (during fights vs. Chibiusa):[/b] You can't truthfully tell me that you weren't hoping for a swerve at some point or another where a random Youkai would finally manage to stick its claws in Chibiusa's back and kill her for good! Disgusting little red-eyed hellspawn! Go back to the depths of Hell where to belong!

[b]Yura (Inuyasha):[/b] Easily my favorite short-lived villain! She's the best example that I can think of a seductive villainess. Of course, I knew in the back of mind that this was just a fight to showcase Inuyasha's and Kagome's skills...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some villians who I've rooted for in anime would include:

Kougaji from Saiyuki- He's willing to do whatever it takes to appease his goals, even though he has a huge Oedipal complex, he was even willing to lose his emotions to realize his ideals. That's just cool.

Shoudou Akebane- a.k.a. Dr. Jackel from GetBackers- A guy who takes on a job not for the money but for how much "fun" he can get from it is sooooo cold, that sends shivers down me and my friends spines.l Plus Bloody Sword looks awesome:)

That's all I can think of at the moment......

[font=Times][b]Pantyhose Taro (Ranma 1/2):[/b] I just think he's overall cooler than Ranma and his buddies. Besides I wanted him to get a name change too.

[b]Sesshoumaru (InuYasha):[/b] Just because he's far more awesome than InuYasha.

[b]Scar (FullMetal Alchemist):[/b] No particular reason I just think he's cool.[/font]

Guest Stealth_Knight
Trigun - In some parts, I wanted Knives and Legato to win. In a sense they kind of did. I don't really want to spoil anything but for the peope who saw the whole series, causing Vash eternal pain and suffering was accomplished.

I've also wanted the villains wo win in some videogames like in Skies of Arcadia - Galcian and Ramirez. And Tales of Symphonia - Yggdrasial (can't really spell his name)

Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha, pure badass (Inuyasha whines too much, I'm gonna get a huge backlash from the fangirls for saying that).
Chloe from Noir, dunno if she can be called an antagonist, but she tries to kill them so it's done in my books.

[size=1][color=slategray]Any time when a villan was getting a good chance to kill Kagome on InuYasha. Oh god, I can't stand that girl.
When Akito was "bad" in Kodocha and when he and Sana were in a fight at the beginning of the series. C'mon, he's the hot tough guy while she is the happy-go-lucky peace kind of girl. But, I still love Sana anyway. Ahaha.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Blue]I don't root for bad guys really. I'm mostly for the hero, or the anti-hero. Well, in Gundam, I liked Char. I rooted for both Amruo and Char when they'd fight. Except at the end, when Char was telling Amuro his veiws on Newtypes. Also, in Gundam Wing, I liked Traize sort of. He was a very nice person, but I had mixed feelings on how how he thinks man grows and prospers through war and battle. But genral, I'm for the hero, heroain, or anti-hero.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

I have rooted for the bad guys all my life. I prefer Sheshomaru or Sephiroth but any cool looking villian will do for me. I would join Freeza or Cel even if it ment my oun death just to see the bad guys win. Do not judge a book by it cover or by its name.

There aren't many bad guys that I actually "root for" but there aren't many good guys I root for either. I always want Hajime Saito from Rurouni Kenshin to win his fights. That dude was awesome. "Aku Soku Zan".

If we can talk about non-anime shows, I pick Teen Titans, when the random guy gets a hold of Robin's red X suit, I was rooting for him.

[SIZE=1][COLOR="#CC3366"][b]I guess I'm evil because I root for the bad guys all the time. They are the best characters. I wanted Shessomaru to kill off Inu yasha once and for all, and for Yui or Nakago to finish off Miaka. She's just too darn happy all the time for her own good. During the end of the series though, she got a bit better. I also wish Kikyo would just kill Kagome once and for all, I agree for she is very annoying.

I also wanted Kei-kun to go out with Mika from Marmalade Boy instead of Yuu. But thats just because he can play the piano and that's hot. What? I like a guy who's musically talented. But you can't always win. Keep trying villans, keep trying.
[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][SIZE=1][COLOR="#CC3366"][b]I also wanted Kei-kun to go out with Miaka from Marmalade Boy instead of Yuu. But thats just because he can play the piano and that's hot. What? I like a guy who's musically talented. But you can't always win. Keep trying villans, keep trying.
[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If we're going to start counting that sort of stuff, I've always rooted for Tina over Aoi in Ai Yori Aoshi. Another case of spunky vs. quiet and reserved, and I usually side with the spunky one. There were also points where I wanted Motoko to get Keitaro in Love Hina. (though I generally sided with Naru)

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][SIZE=1][COLOR="#CC3366"][b] I also wish Kikyo would just kill Kagome once and for all, I agree for she is very annoying.

I also wanted Kei-kun to go out with Miaka from Marmalade Boy instead of Yuu. But thats just because he can play the piano and that's hot. What? I like a guy who's musically talented. But you can't always win. Keep trying villans, keep trying.
[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]YES! Finally someone that agrees with me about Kagome/Kikyo. Everyone always tells me, "Oh, Kikyo is such a biatch, she's trying to steal InuYasha from Kagome and blah blah..." Okay, 1.) Kikyo had InuYasha first, so technically, Kagome is trying to steal InuYasha from Kikyo. 2.) Kikyo, may I remind you people, is the [I]original[/I], and nothing gets better than that.
And besides that, I just hate Kagome, and I love Kikyo. Quite simple, really. XD

And for the Marmalade Boy thing... actually, I always secretly wanted Miki and Ginta together. I don't know why, they always seemed the kind to end up. It's just the normal happy ending for the story... it'd be interesting if it was mixed up a bit. Besides, I don't think Arimi is good enough for Ginta. Ha. I don't like that girl either. >>

Okay, enough of my fan-girl ranting. Go back on with your discussion. ^.^;;[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Lix][size=1][color=slategray]YES! Finally someone that agrees with me about Kagome/Kikyo. Everyone always tells me, "Oh, Kikyo is such a biatch, she's trying to steal InuYasha from Kagome and blah blah..." Okay, 1.) Kikyo had InuYasha first, so technically, Kagome is trying to steal InuYasha from Kikyo. 2.) Kikyo, may I remind you people, is the [I]original[/I], and nothing gets better than that.
And besides that, I just hate Kagome, and I love Kikyo. Quite simple, really. XD

And for the Marmalade Boy thing... actually, I always secretly wanted Miki and Ginta together. I don't know why, they always seemed the kind to end up. It's just the normal happy ending for the story... it'd be interesting if it was mixed up a bit. Besides, I don't think Arimi is good enough for Ginta. Ha. I don't like that girl either. >>

Okay, enough of my fan-girl ranting. Go back on with your discussion. ^.^;;[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR="#CC3366"][b]OMG!! I forgot ALL about Ginta. Yeah! I really wanted her to choose Ginta, Yuu was..to put it pluntly. A jerk. I liked him later on, but they just seemed to go perfect with one another, plus Ginta is way cuter. Arimi is annoying. I didn't like Kei-kun and thought he was mean for what he did, but after watching it a second time, I learned to like him a lot.I also secretly wanted Miwa and Meiko to get together. Oh and Believe me, I'm like a rabid ginta fangirl.

The only time I really liked a main character was Tsukushi from Hana Yori Dango, now thats a girl that can kick some butt. Not Kagome. And yes your right, many people don't realize that Kikyo was there first, and she gave her life for him. I think that's a lot more the Kagome can say. Plus she's not as helpless.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/b]

[QUOTE=Lix][size=1][color=slategray]YES! Finally someone that agrees with me about Kagome/Kikyo. Everyone always tells me, "Oh, Kikyo is such a biatch, she's trying to steal InuYasha from Kagome and blah blah..." Okay, 1.) Kikyo had InuYasha first, so technically, Kagome is trying to steal InuYasha from Kikyo. 2.) Kikyo, may I remind you people, is the [I]original[/I], and nothing gets better than that.
And besides that, I just hate Kagome, and I love Kikyo. Quite simple, really. XD[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

They both suck. Inuyasha should ditch the luggage and windscar the dead b*tch and find himself someone cool. Maybe he could steal Sango away from Miroku? The two seem close enough...

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]Also, though not anime, I almost always rooted for ZIM to enslave all humans. Then again, Dib's pretty bad himself. In fact, this post makes no sense! Everyone on ZIM is evil!

Except for GIR. He rocks.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][size=1]JEBUS! I AGREE X10!

Gir is definately the awsomest mechanical alien in a puppy costume creature ever!

Zim: What did you do with the chip.
Gir: I threw it away.
Zim: What possessed you to do that?!
Gir: To make room for the Tuna silly...

Sry that was a really old episode but I love that line.

In Naruto:

YES! THE ATSUIKI(spelling?) ARE FINALLY WINNING! Although it's a pitty Gaara had to be their demented experiment test dummy. He was cool.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

hey, uhh, cat girl, no caps next time. its like u yelling at everyone.

the bad guys, huh? Naraku from Inu yasha. he is just so much cooler, as most 'evil' ppl are.

Krad from DNAngel. same reason, but he and Dark are both cool >:)

i agree with the post earlier about Chloe. she was cool, but u couldnt tell about her.

Renji(i think that how u spell it) from Bleach. main reason is the sword, its so freakin awsom! him, and Jakotsu(i think) from Inu yasha. he got the snake bone sword, its much better than the tetsusaiga in my book.

also agree 300% about GIR!!!!

im gonna sing the doom song! doom doom doom doom doom(six months later) doom doom doom doom doom the end

Guest Firefly
Bad guys tend to be as cool as the protagonist or "good' guys i think...well, half the time anyway.
I've rooted for:

[b]Seto Kaiba[/b] - from YuGiOh...I'm over the series now, but yeah he's very cool.

[b]Sephiroth[/b] - FF7 - they should so remake FF7 so we can see more of Sephiroth!

[b]Ludwig[/b] - From Meine Liebe - Lui is so much cooler than the main character (Orphe). And he's the guy who puts everyone of Orphe's friends down and insults Orphe really bad. Lui is equal to Orphe in fencing, fighting; is probably more intelligent, the better debater; and of course, is the king of sarcasm, irony, dry humour and cynics (what more could I wish for??) And he isn't as "pretty boy" as Orphe, but quite good-looking.

[b]Greed[/b] - FMA ...Greed is very greedy as his name, but he is honest, frank and simple about his greediness. He has an attitude, which is kind of like "que sera sera and on the way get money, power, women and fame"...[spoiler]but he has his pride and refuses to work for the other "baddie" group (in the manga) so gets killed. Wah.[/spoiler] :animecry:

[b]Treize[/b] - Gundam Wing. Is he a "bad" guy? he's definetly not a "good" guy...acutally, his character is too complex and deep to be able to catergorize, however, Treize remains one of my favourite characters of all time... Loved him since I saw a glimpse of him of TV in 1997...I was too young to know what was going on in the episode, but when I watched the whole series last year, I just fell in love!! XD

[b]Darcia[/b] - Wolf's Rain...He's evil, I know. [spoiler]And in the last battle, i wanted Kiba to win, but at the same time I felt so sorryf or Darcia...he's the classic locksick husband of the dead wife who has sunk in to hell to try and revive his beloved...[/spoiler]

~~ yeah that's all I can think of right now!

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added spoiler tags. You can do this yourself by typing [[COLOR=red][b]*[/COLOR][/b]spoiler] and [[COLOR=red][b]*[/COLOR][/b]/spoiler], without the [COLOR=red][b]*[/COLOR][/b] symbols. Please be mindful of what you could be revealing to people who've not yet seen the series. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

I loved Kamui from X in the beginning killing coolly and never listening to any other :) only after he made his decision he became like any other hero.
I do love Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha, he is handsome, powerful, and seems not to care about anything apart from what he desires/wants.

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Yes Kikyo should just kill Kagome. I mean its obvious that InuYasha still likes her and he will always like Kikyo more than Kagome. The main reason I think that's true is because does Kikyo have the power to say a word and InuYasha crashes into the ground? I think not. Anyway to the times I root for the badies to win. That's quite often actually. I mean it gets soooo old with the same storyline, good guy loses(YAY!), good guy wins, good guy brags and wins some moe. That's how most storys go. I mean would it really ruin the world if the bad guy won? Come on people thnk about sure they would kill people but, hey what's the problem? Onto the villians I root for.
Kougaiji- He's the hottest demon in Saiyuki and plus he has VERY goo reasons for being bad. All he wants to do is get his mommy back. I mean he doesn't really support his dad's goals and loves his younger sister. I just want to jump in there and kill Sanzo(ole droppy eyes), Goyjo, and Hakkai(*dodges sporks thrown at her*). Goku can live because he's the second hottest male chacter on Saiyuki.
Homuru- I have a thing for bad guys with a good cause. He wants to create a new earth and destroy the heavens. What is soo bad about that I mean look how they treated poor little Nataku(LOVE HIM!!). He's eyes are also pretty dare cool.
Lirin- Okay so she's not really a bad guy but, neh she ROCKS!! He stupid plans to get Droppy Eyes to play with her. When she gets pets it's sooo funny.
Lirin- "You can be Spot, and your Fluffly, and you can be Porky"
Fluffy- I already have a name though.....
Spot- *to fluffly* "Be quite, she'll kill us."
Porky- "Porky....?"