OtakuBoards

Times that you've rooted for the "bad guy"?

Bloodseeker

[QUOTE]YES! Finally someone that agrees with me about Kagome/Kikyo. Everyone always tells me, "Oh, Kikyo is such a biatch, she's trying to steal InuYasha from Kagome and blah blah..." Okay, 1.) Kikyo had InuYasha first, so technically, Kagome is trying to steal InuYasha from Kikyo. 2.) Kikyo, may I remind you people, is the original, and nothing gets better than that.[/QUOTE]
like people are saying, i wanted kikyo to "win" instead of kagome. i'm mostly neutral, not much bad or good guys i root for. but,
Yami Marik- from yugioh, i dont watch it anymore, but he was way cooler than yami (never really liked yami) and yami marik just seemed like he would actually kill yami, and that didnt happen...
pegasus- i wanted him to win, i really liked his motive: save his wife, but it disapionted me to find out he really wasn't that bad
scar- from FMA, i think he was very awesome, his whole motive for killing the alchemists, kinda made me think they deserved to die... hmm....
And i think that is it. :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Ranma 1/2[/b] - I have to agree with an earlier poster as Ryoga is easier to feel for than Ranma. Other than the fact I can relate to his misery when it comes to love interest, I'm also just about as bad when it comes to directions and locations. My friends instantly said "hey its you in an anime. I think he has a better conception of navigation than you have.". Hence-forth I've always considered myself to be an "Eternally lost boy".

[b]Sesshomaru[/b] - I just didn't like Inyuyasha because he complains so much. In my eyes he had no redeeming qualities as he just constantly puts down his friends and just about everyone else around him he can lash out at. I've noticed that I have been able to sit through episodes that consist of Sesshomaru beating up Inyuyasha. [spoiler]Especially the episode when Inyuyasha went beserker and Sesshomaru beat him up easily.[/spoiler]

[b]Zechs Merquise[/b] - Zechs Merquise/Miliardo Peacecraft was definitely the coolest character in Gundam Wing. Especially when he got Epyon as his MS. I stopped watching the series halfway through until I saw the commercial showcasing Epyon. "OMG! Dat dudes got a giant chain for a weapon!" was what came out of my mouth at that instant. I was rooting for Milliardo during the final fight with Hero(sp?). I was dissapointed that [spoiler]he lost in the final fight when he had Epyon, as he was holding his own agianst Hero when he was in a Leo and in Tallgeese which weren't as good stat-wise as Epyon.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]Also, though not anime, I almost always rooted for ZIM to enslave all humans. Then again, Dib's pretty bad himself. In fact, this post makes no sense! Everyone on ZIM is evil!

Except for GIR. He rocks.[/QUOTE]
AGREE'D

Gir is just awsm, and random ^.^

lets see...
The Andy guy from Cowboy Bebop in the "Cowboy Funk" episode, he's not really a villian, more like just a dumb fool, but he was exactly like Spike, can you say comedic relief? Oh and in that same episode, you felt bad for the teddy bomber dude XD

• 4 weeks later...
Guest star~wolf
[QUOTE=Pumpkin][SIZE=1][COLOR="#CC3366"][b]I guess I'm evil because I root for the bad guys all the time. They are the best characters. I wanted Shessomaru to kill off Inu yasha once and for all, and for Yui or Nakago to finish off Miaka. She's just too darn happy all the time for her own good. Keep trying villans, keep trying.
[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hmm, I've always liked [U]Sesshomaru[/U] better than [U][B]Inuyasha[/B][/U], although I don't think Sesshomaru is a "bad guy". He just wants the Tetsusaiga. And I also think that their fights are just sibling rivalry. :animeswea

In [U][B]Fushigi Yuugi[/B][/U], I've always supported [U]Amiboshi[/U] and [U]Suboshi[/U]. Technically, Amiboshi isn't a bad guy, but since they're the enemy, they had to be killed. Why does every nice bad guy has to die? Like Amiboshi, and [U]Nicol Amarfi[/U] from [B]Gundam SEED[/B]. Isn't it ironic?

I have notice this happens alot.

Ranma 1/2: ryouga (because you just feel soooo sorry for him)....it helps that I want to take him home with me.

Inuyasha: sessy...because he is cool, bad ***...and it also helps that I want to take him home with me.

fullmetal alchemist: envy....because of his badassness....and *ahem* I...want to take him home too

I guess :animeswea I the idea that they are hot villians makes it easier to root for them sometimes.

I never really did like InuYasha his ears are cute in all and excuse but I think Kagome could be a little eviler instead of so dang innocent! So was it wrong for me to cheer for Hiten from the thunder brothers...man was her hot. Also I kind of hoped Kikyo would finally take InuYasha to hell with her. I going to cheer for Bankotsu tonight but I know he's probebly going to loose but man would I love to keep him! :animeshy: Oh and if Jakotsu was for real he'd be my best friend!

I cheered for Grim and Vicious form Cowboy beebop. I thought they both should live and have a better fight scene, even though Grim wasn't really all that bad but STILL!

In Sailormoon I cheered for Dimando(*** name) in the R series because even if he was obsessed with Usagi he was still cute. in my opinion I don't think they bad guys should've been that dumb.

Yuu Yuu Hakosho (sp) I cheered for Karasu to win agianst Kurama. I don't have another agianst Kurama but I just want Karasu to live. :animecry: I also cheered for Sniper (after Dark Tournament) to win agianst Yusuke!

Thats all I can think of for now.

Quen Con from Outlaw Star, because despite being put under the label of antagonist, he isn't out to harm anyone but simply gain as much knowledge as he can. And the fact that he creeps oout the main charactors, not an easy thing.

Scar from FMA, not that I agree to him trying to kill the elder Elric, but the first episode that he's introduced he [spoiler] puts the chimera out of its misery when he comes across it, not out of bloodlust but compassion.[/spoiler] since then, I have found it hard to hate him.

The Laughing Man, from Ghost in the Shell, and why not? Instead of using his abilities for personal gain, he chose to try and prove that [spoiler] micro-machines were not as efective agianst Cyberbrain Sclerosis as the serum that was rejected[/spoiler].

You'll notice that the antagonists I favor are the ones that are not neccesarily bad so much as get in the protagonists way. Esp. Scar

• 2 months later...
[COLOR=#656448][SIZE=1][quote name='Bloodseeker][b]Ayane (DOA):[/b'] Maybe not a full fledged antagonist, but Itagaki obviously intended for players to be on Kasumi's side in that rivalry. But how could I side with Kasumi on this one, when Ayane's 100 times cooler?! Kasumi's cute, but Ayane's got an awesome atitude! Intentionally pissing Helena off before their fight in DOA2, stating just about everyone's sentiments on Jann Lee, and seriously looking down on fighters after she's beaten them! Not to mention that she just looks cool.[/quote]Seconded for all the reasons above plus that awesome snowstorm scene with Kasumi in DOA2. The girl's got confidence in her abilities. Mmm hmm.

I've always felt a strange affinity towards [b]Wietoo[/b] of [i]Eden's Bowy[/i]. I hated this guy when I first saw him, always egging his sister on into killing Jorrne. ([COLOR=#EDEDED]Yes, yes! Kill him! Kill him so that Spike will become the true God Hunter!!! Ohohoho!!![/COLOR]) He seems like one of those selfish, stoic types one usually associates with unfeeling bishounen. But really, he's just keeping his feelings to himself and does care for other people, especially for his sister Hairra. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

I have ALWAYS rooted for the bad guys. I am just evil like that. Although I have ulterior motives for a few of them. Like Seshoumaru ( I would love to take Him home with me.) and a few others.I also just find it hard to support the whiny "good" guys. Inuyasha doesn't whine that much, but Sesshoumaru is just so much hotter than him. Although, I suppose I did root for Kurama when he fought Karasu. (Although I really liked Karasu too. I just like Kurama better) But when it comes down to it, bad guys vs good guys, when neither side has someone I like better than the other side, I always root for the bad dudes. He he... evil rocks!

Man, I've done that so many time's I've lost count...and not because any of them were hot. :animeswea I don't what is is, but sometimes the good guy justs make you want to go crazy or something, or just that the "bad guy" is cooler in general.

I've voted for Hiei in YYH when first meeting Yusuke (and all times after that but still...), Seshomaru always above Inuyasha (even though its not really a bad guy/ good guy thing), there was one of the pirates in One Piece also...I forget who it was though...basically just so that they would shut Loofy up. Happens like that in Zatch Bell too. Among Many other senarios I could list.

[QUOTE=Midboss]Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha, pure badass (Inuyasha whines too much, I'm gonna get a huge backlash from the fangirls for saying that).
Chloe from Noir, dunno if she can be called an antagonist, but she tries to kill them so it's done in my books.[/QUOTE]

on FMA( fullmetal alchemist) i like lust and Envy

:D

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]For some reason or another. Deep down inside my body I have always wanted to see in atleast one anime, the main character lose beneath the evil one and the whole world or whatever comes crashing down. I mean if you seriously take a look at it whenever a main character is in trouble in an anime, and they leave it on a cliffhanger. You know in some almost impossible way they are going to come back out of a near death exporence and somehow temporaliy stop the bad guy until next time. Or he will just run away when the Hero gets to powerful for him to handle.

The only anime that I can think where in whatever way or another is in bleach in a way. Ever since [spoiler] Azien took whatever out of Rukia's body that caused all of these hollow-shinigami to appear all over the place.[/spoiler] So far it seemes as if the bad guys are winning but yet again somehow they are going to pull off some kind of feat to stop it all. :animesigh

I would personally want Orochimaru from Naruto to complete his goals. I dont know why but he is just my favorite evil character that I can think of right now :animestun His ambitions to become immortal and his forbiden things that he does...They are all just so cool...I want him to win.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'll admit that I have indeed sided with the side of evil on more than one occasion..one big example is with Knives and Legato from Trigun. Another example would be when I wanted the Dragon of the Earth to win on X/1999...but should they REALLY be considered as villians?? The only reason I've gone with them is because many shows tend to let the protagonist win every single battle!! It's unrealistic and extremely one-sided.

• 3 months later...
[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, a good most the time, I root for Sesshomaru over InuYasha. I mean, InuYasha's a bit too hotheaded for my liking...
I rooted for Faust-kun over Yoh-kun in the Shaman Fight prelims (though I already knew it was inevitable: I'd seen the dub on TV a couple summers prior.) Though Faust-kun isn't really a "bad guy", he was still the enemy at the time so I suppose that counts...
Does Kikyo-san count as an atagonist? 'Cause I keep rooting for her to win InuYasha. (Kagome is 3vil!)
There are a couple other times from various books, but I won't bring that up here. (Assuming, of course, that praying that a certain character will die is rooting for the "bad guys".) ((I randomly decided that I like the word "root". I never use it and I realize that it's a funny word! :animesmil )) (((How do ya think they got the name "root beer"??)))[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]I haven't seen Gundam Wing in ages, but I do remember my favorite character. Treize Kushrenada could probably be considered a "bad guy"...but he's easily the best character in the series. Though not on the side of the protagonists of the series, Treize is nothing short of a hero. He's a gentleman. A man of great passion. A man possesing a loyalty unfazed by death by those who follow him and his ideals. If he'd been the victor in battle, the Gundam Wing world would be a better place.

I'd have to think of another "bad guy" to my list, I'll stew my thoughts and edit my post later...ciao.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Considering that my favorite characters tend to lean more towards anti-heroes and foil characters, pretty much all the time.

I even favor characters who have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The most recent example of this would be Andrea from Gankutsuou, who, in a society corrupt to the core, is most likely THE most out-and-out evil person in the entire cast. (With the possible exception of Villefort and Danglars, and even then, those two aren't nearly as sadistic as Andrea.)

Yet, I can't help but love him, as sick and depraved as he is. And I like how, after episode 21, his past actions take on a whole new meaning, and at the same time, reveal just how far that man will go to achieve his goals. Great character, I think.[/SIZE]

With me, always. Unless they're an imbecile. I especially root for Sessomoru (know the name, just not the spelling) Inuyasha's older brother.

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody know a manga called "Death Note"? It's a cool manga where the main char named Yagami Raitou (Light) was the bad guy! And I root for him!!!

Another bad guy I root for would be Sephiroth from FF: VII and Zeno from Gash Bell.....

Why? Cause all of them are cool!!! And not only a stupid bad guy who'd be defeated by the main char so easily (not included Yagami).....

[SIZE=1][quote name='rAphaEl']Anybody know a manga called "Death Note"? It's a cool manga where the main char named Yagami Raitou (Light) was the bad guy! And I root for him!!![/quote]

In the case of Death Note, Light is technically the protagonist, even though he's more of an anti-hero. And even if he [I]was[/I] the antagonist, L isn't exactly the perfect role model either.[/SIZE]