Lady Macaiodh Posted November 22, 2001 Posted November 22, 2001 i was watching the south park movie last night & i heard something i never noticed before. during the "kyle's mom's a [you-know-what]" song, cartman sings: "then on sunday, just to be different, she's a super-king [I]kamehameha[/I] biotch!" i LMAO when i heard that! i had to rewind it like four times! dbz has truly reached the masses...
Shy Posted November 22, 2001 Posted November 22, 2001 [SIZE=1]When i read this topic i started laughing uncontrollably, because I was lsitening to the south park album in the backround and that song was on! (I swear, isn't that freaky?) South Park has quite a few anime references besides that and the chimpokomon episode. There is a web site about them, lets see if i can find the link...[/SIZE]
NorykoAngelcry Posted November 22, 2001 Posted November 22, 2001 [COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]I had a picture where someone dressed the South Park characters as DBZ figures. . I think Cartman was Krillen. . but I could be off. Whenever I bring up the Kamehameha topic in the movie, I usually get shrugged off and ignored, LOL. . but nice to be around some people that notice these things too =P Hmmm. . thinking back. . when it comes on, I usually blurt out "Dragon Ball Z rules!!" . . . maybe, just maybe that is why they get so upset? LOL P.S. my comp has some idiotic virus that just goes and ruins my pics. Well. . that picture was one of them =/ I will try to look around and see if I can find it again. Sorry~ [/SIZE][/COLOR]
SephirothNIN Posted November 22, 2001 Posted November 22, 2001 Ah.....sorry to break it to you guys but "King Kamehameha" refers to some Hawaiin king guy, not to DBZ =\. They did seem to love chimpokomon tho.
Sephiroth Posted November 22, 2001 Posted November 22, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i] [B]Ah.....sorry to break it to you guys but "King Kamehameha" refers to some Hawaiin king guy, not to DBZ =\. They did seem to love chimpokomon tho. [/B][/QUOTE] aye, he speaks the truth, king kamehameha was an old hawaiian king many years ago....
PiroMunkie Posted November 22, 2001 Posted November 22, 2001 [SIZE=1]Well, even though that is true and I do know that, you never really know. They could have gotten the kamehameha from DBZ and knew of its background also and so they decided to use it since it would reach obth levels of watchers. The people who know the hawaiian background and those who watch dbz, lol :D The world may never know[/SIZE]
Break Posted November 22, 2001 Posted November 22, 2001 [SIZE=1]lol.... Maybe he's NOT a dbz fan, but has a trace of Hawaiian blood... I dunno... I didn't know who/what/where King Kamehameha was until today... *stores the memory* ...[/SIZE]
Guest Pikeon Posted November 22, 2001 Posted November 22, 2001 Chimpokomon!!! WHat is the Evil Dar kForce???? THE UNited States Od America Cartman: Ahh were neevr gonan get to play our Acuma game sphere
NorykoAngelcry Posted November 22, 2001 Posted November 22, 2001 [COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]Lies I say. . all lies. . remember at the end where he starts to shock Sadam Hussien? . . that was not electricity. . it was Ki Blasts. . SEE?!?! LOL. . my bro (who watches EVERY South Park episode told me that the other day after I told him about this thread *sigh* but I argued the point none-the-less, and ended up in a stalemate, because I took off from his place, and headed back home. ROFL!! Take that~[/SIZE][/COLOR]
SSJMihoshi Posted November 23, 2001 Posted November 23, 2001 lol!!! i gotta watch south park more often! you know, i moved to cali from colorado, and there's actually a South Park, CO. but u probably knew that. Broncos Rule! Raiders Drool! Current scores: Broncos--26 Cowboys--17 4th 4:48 I should put that in my siggi...
Flash Posted November 23, 2001 Posted November 23, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i] [B][COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]Lies I say. . all lies. . remember at the end where he starts to shock Sadam Hussien? . . that was not electricity. . it was Ki Blasts. . SEE?!?! [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] Yeah, I think when Cartman was swearing and Firing those bolts of lighting it was a parody of DBZ... As for the Kamehameha thing, well, I dunno...
kileone_s_n Posted November 23, 2001 Posted November 23, 2001 king kamehameha is an actual hawaiian king like a few hundred years ago, and is well known,the only reason kamehameha is refered to dragonball is because its a move in it, well thats all
Lady Macaiodh Posted November 23, 2001 Author Posted November 23, 2001 yeah, but i don't think practically anyone would've bothered to find out who king kamehameha was if not for dbz. i mean, come on, how did all of you hear about him? & i guarantee that the writers of south park are not naturally well-versed in hawaiian culture.
Break Posted November 23, 2001 Posted November 23, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i] [B]yeah, but i don't think practically anyone would've bothered to find out who king kamehameha was if not for dbz. i mean, come on, how did all of you hear about him? & i guarantee that the writers of south park are not naturally well-versed in hawaiian culture. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I didn't know who the hell he was... And the writers of southpark are pretty stupid... they just have a reeeaaally funny sense of humor.[/SIZE]
coolkam007 Posted November 24, 2001 Posted November 24, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i] [B] [SIZE=1] And the writers of southpark are pretty stupid... SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] i dont think so, .. their jokes are too well thought out..
Guest Pikeon Posted November 24, 2001 Posted November 24, 2001 I lvoe all their comedy SP writes esp. the one that they did on the new one where hty kill Osama Bin laden and stuff Sorry if its illegal to do it here but go here for Sp stuff!! [URL=http://www.kennyskrib.com]Kenny's Krib[/URL]
Hinata Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i] [B]i was watching the south park movie last night & i heard something i never noticed before. during the "kyle's mom's a [you-know-what]" song, cartman sings: "then on sunday, just to be different, she's a super-king [I]kamehameha[/I] biotch!" i LMAO when i heard that! i had to rewind it like four times! dbz has truly reached the masses... [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=darkred]When did this air.... I can't believe I missed that....:laugh: :laugh: [/COLOR]
shibatku Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 Everyone is getting into DBZ, not everyone but you know what I mean. Heck I would have liked to see that ep with that DBZ reversion song on southpark.
Lady Macaiodh Posted November 28, 2001 Author Posted November 28, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i] [B][COLOR=darkred]When did this air.... I can't believe I missed that....:laugh: :laugh: [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] it never aired, it was the movie that came out in the theater. & for everybody who hasn't seen the south park movie, [I]go see it!![/I] immediately! it is seriously one of the funniest things i've ever seen in my entire life. even the artsy-fartsy movie critic in the "dispatch" gave it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars.
Hinata Posted November 28, 2001 Posted November 28, 2001 [COLOR=orange] Which part was that.... I don't remember that happening[/COLOR]
DBZM_Brolly Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 People, maybe cartman does have some thing to do with DBZ..... CHECK THIS PIC OUT!
BondFanatic Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 This is funny. (I quote this exactly from the Guinness World Records 2001 book.) [B]Most Swearing in an Animated Movie[/B] [I]South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut[/I] (USA, 1999), which lasts for 81 minutes, contains 399 swear words and 128 offensive gestures.
Pressure Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 Quote From LM: "DBZ has truly reached the masses." I knew that when my Furby suddenly said "Ka-mea-hea-me-hea" it was scurrrrrrrrry o.O;;;
Syk3 Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 Just as I thought. When i first read the opening post, i knew it was king kamehameha, but at the same time knew that someone must hav gotten there b4 me.
Posthumous Posted November 29, 2001 Posted November 29, 2001 i remember that!it was soooooooo phunny!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now