OtakuBoards

The Legend of Zelda: Realm of Darkness (sign-up)

Desbreko

As you can tell from the subject, this is a Zelda RPG. It's set in The Dark World, before and during the events of Zelda A Link To The Past (SNES).

If you don't know the story, just look at the first part of my sig. It explains pretty much everything you need to know about The Dark World.

Here's my character:

Name: Drake

Monster Type: Rat
(the kind of monster you transformed into when you entered The Dark World)

Backround:
Drake stumbled upon an entrance to The Dark World high atop Death Mountain while searching for treasure. He is an expert treasure hunter, but is now a thief, trying to servive in this ruthless world.
Although he is forced to servive by theivery, he still dreams of the old days when he would travel the land of Hyrule, searching for treasure. Someday he hopes to find a way out of The Dark World, and spends most of his time wandering the land.

Weapon: short sword/throwing knives
(no one gets the Master Sword)

Starting Location: Village Of Outcasts
(I've attached a map of The Dark World)

Name: Matt
Monster Type: dark dragon
Bio: Matt was a martial arts pro when he left Hyrule, he fough mainly for money, but was never a brutal person. While meditating one day he sensed a strange energy from the swamp to investigate. He was sucked into a portal that brought him to the dark world, where he now lives in isolation, coming out of his cave only for necessities.
Weapon: double bladed staff
Starting Location: Swamp Ruins

Name: Craig
Monster type: Sabre Tooth Tiger
Bio: He traveled to Dark World at a very young age. He knows his way around well, and has a good knowledge of the monsters. He has spent the majority of his life looking for a way out of Dark World, but has had no luck.

Starting weapon: Long Bow and 60 arrow quiver. Dagger

Starting location: Swamp ruins.

[color=royalblue]

Name:Akira

Monster type:A very large lizard.

Bio:One day, while travelling along, Akira stumbled upon the dreaded Dark World, where he was transformed into a very lage lizard like monster. He escaped, but sometimes returnes to plunder the riches in the Dark World.

Starting weapon:Short Sword, shield

Starting location: Death Mountain
[/color]

name: andry
monster type: hawk
bio:
A prominent swordsman in the light realm, andry practiced hard. While training in the mountains, a cliff broke and andry came to in the dark world, in the form of a hawk. He stills trains hard, but now accepts challenges for money in order to survive. Many have faced him but few have walked away the same.

starting location: death mountain
weapon: broad sword (most trusted friend)

name: Neep
monster type: gryphon lion (those thingies on bridge)
bio:
Neep (real name unknown) had started life as a healer. She was doing well until one day, when she was hunting for a rare herb that cures forgotten memories, she fell into a portal. Upon entering the Dark World, she hit a rock hard, and forgot all of her old memories. Rumors abound that this creature is not as fierce as she looks, and is seeking something--possibly her lost past? However, she rarely comes out, unless a fellow creature is in need of healing.

starting location: lowest cave in Death Mountain
weapon: herself (claws, stone stare, etc.)

Name: Li

Monster Type: Iksar

Backround: Blankly not remembering anything in his life, he lives by instinct alone. As he stumbled into the Dark World, he somehow harmed himself to make him forget anything. He only remembers 1 person, but who? He doesn't remember how he got to Dark World. Why? What his name was. People seemed to call him Li. Why? He doesn't know.

Weapon: Shogun Falchion

Starting Location: Middle Cave of Death Mountain (where he oddly found himself when he awoke)

Name:Sean
Race:Rat
Background: Sean was a thief in the lands of light. He had been for as long as he could remember...one day he got caught. The captors decided to do away with him and to throw him off a cliff...Someone how he was pulled into the Darklands during the fall. after that he does not remember much as he was wounded...now he makes a living as a thief in the city of outcast.

Weapon:2 Daggers

Starting Location: City of Outcast

Name: siren

Monster Type: can i be a dragon?

Backround: was taken by a man when she was 12 she survives by thivery and bargining

Weapon: falchion, three shurrikens(throwing stars) and two sai

Starting Location: Village Of Outcasts

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stormwing [/i]
[B]Monster Type: can i be a dragon?
[/B][/QUOTE]
If you want to be a dragon/lizard, will something like this work? (see attachment)

[QUOTE][i]Originally Posted By Majora's Mask[/i][B]
Bio:One day, while travelling along, Akira stumbled upon the dreaded Dark World, where he was transformed into a very lage lizard like monster. He escaped, but sometimes returnes to plunder the riches in the Dark World.[/B][/QUOTE]
Once you're in the Dark World you can't leave, unless you find the Magic Mirror which, unfortunatly, is in the Light World. And besides, Link will need it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally Posted By Dragon Warrior[/i][B]
Monster Type: Iksar[/B][/QUOTE]
What's that?

btw, you can either walk up-right on your hind legs, or you can walk on all four legs. And if you're a bird type monster you still have arms, but they have claws instead of fingers, and you have a beak.

[color=crimson]Name: Orion

Monster Type: Behemoth[sp](see attached)

Bio: A Explorer... stumbled upon the enterance of the dark world... and got transformed into this gruesome creature... he remembers his past...barely.... he searches for a way out in vain... a way to be... himself again...

Weapon: Horns, Claws, Teeth, Tail

Starting Location: Skull Woods...[/color]

Name: kizu

monster type: didn't (for some odd reason the ring his mother gave him stopped him from transforming)

Bio: It was a sunny day when Kizu and his sister Britty were racing to see who could get to the top of steep hill that they live on first. Kizu and his siter were side by side, and suddenly she push him of to the side. But she accedently pushed him. After she pushed him he started to roll down the hill, and into the near by woods. When he stoped rolling he was in dark world. As he got up he saw that the ring his mother gave him was glowing in a strange blue color. After he gets up he sees that he is in the middle of a large scarry woods.

Weapon: Samari Sword around his waist and a long bow on his back (he has the power to use the fire arrows, light arrrows, and ice arrrow).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]Ok, when does the RPG start and why the heck does every chara posted after mine also have memory loss?!? :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]
I was planning to start it on Friday, Dec. 30 (which just happens to be a full moon. I think it's fitting that it starts on a full moon since, according to the comic book, Link got sent to the Dark World when it was a full moon.)

Name: Forte

Monster Type: Super Lynx ( I dun have attachment )

Bio: An Explorer... Who searched for the dark world and when he found it, he couldnt turn back......

Weapon: Steel Arms and Legs

Starting Location: Skull Woods...

Hey forte, i winder if i will run into you while i am in Skull woods? this ought to be fun. but i hope it doesn't start for another day. i have no computer at home so i have to use the ones at school. so i hvae about 30 mins a day to post tops.

Name: Kool
Monster Type: um, wizard. (yes, i know. Girls would be witches or sorcerresses but "wizard" sounds better.)
Bio: came across the Dark World while running from some monsters that were chasing her. She ran through the portal and hasn't yet been able to get back.
Weapon: her magic, a sword, a bow, and some arrows.
Starting Location: um, wherever. (?:confused: )

• 1 month later...
[color=indigo]Hey everybody! I'm letting some more people join my RPG, so if you want to join, here's your chance! Just follow the directions in the first post in this thread.

As for choosing a location to start at, you can choose anywhere, but I would like to mention that the group of people that are already in the RPG are currently in the Swamp Ruins. If you want, you can start near there and join the group, or you can be on your own for a while, somewhere else in the world.[/color]