OtakuBoards

Top three games you want in 2005

Rachael

The Top three games I want to be playing is:

1) Kingdom Hearts 2 (no suprises there :animesmil )
2) Soul Calibur 3
3)Drakengard 2

Kingdom hearts 2 speaks for itself as to why I want it. As for soul calibur 3 I can not wait to try out the new characters they have installed for us and to customise your own character makes it all the better!! The first drakengard was definitly a let down. Not one ending was happy! and the repeative backround orchestra and boring battle scenes made it all that much depressing. However there is a glimmer of hope that the second one won't be as bad. The graphics look good, there are more characters to play with, and the story looks better ( though I have to admit I just heard the trailers in japenese and it sounded like jibberish to me :p )

Now that I have said my bit what are your most aticipated games and why?

[font=trebuchet ms]Here we go...

[b]Soul Calibur III[/b]

Soul Calibur II has owned both my soul and my wallet for a few years now. I play this game "professionally." I NEED SCIII, I pre-ordered it and I'm getting it at midnight when it comes out. I really can't wait. The new characters look interesting and original, depsite what fan-reviews say.

[b]Kingdom Hearts II[/b]

I won't be buying this game immediately, I don't have the money. However, I really can't wait for this game either, considering that I still play KH1 off and on.

[b]Legend of Zelda: The Twighlight Princess[/b]

I want to get this game just to spite my friend who loves Zelda, but has Werewolf-O-Phobia. Seriously, he can't even stand his dog howling. This game looks amazing so far, and I've loved the prievious ones, although Wind Waker was a step in the wrong direction for me.[/font]

Hmm. This isn't too difficult for me... there's actually more stuff on handhelds that I want, but I'll just think consoles that I own now. 360 has some cool stuff, but I doubt I'll even get the thing this year lol.

1.) Digital Devil Saga 2: This game apparently contains a good 90% of the story and improved everything. I enjoyed the original despite its issues and cliff-hanger ending, and this seems to whip its *** in every conceivable way.

2.) Dragon Quest VIII - We're [I]finally[/I] getting this one. It seems like the first game in the series that might actually win people over. Great graphics and (apparently) some pretty strong and fun characters never hurt.

It's being spruced up for the US release with voice overs, an improved menu system and more modern sound effects. Here's hoping.

3.) The Legend of Zelda - I think Wind Waker looked amazing and I am not looking forward to this one because of the image change, but instead the fact that it seems to be trying new things for the series. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I honestly have no idea what people enjoyed so much about the original KH (I'm a big Disney fan, but this was a horrible utilzation of the franchises), but to each their own. KH2 admittedly looks far more interesting.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 :[/B] I'm a DDR freak, so yes I'm excited. I'm anxious to see what songs it will include, and what new challenges there will be. I've been through each song on DDR Extreme, so I'm hoping for something new. If it has more songs that are on the arcade version, I'll be VERY happy. Dance Dance rocks my world <3.

[B]Legend of Zelda: The Twighlight Princess :[/B] The first nintendo game I every purchased was Zelda, and it was love at first play. I've played each game in the series a dozen times and I absolutely love them. The atmoshpere, the charaters, the puzzles, the amazing fantasy world I have falled in love with; I can't get enough of it. I really could go hours on end talking about my love for the Zelda series, but I'll try not to. I can't wait! Nuff said

Umm... These are the only two I can think of at the moment. I'm sure another one will come to me soon, so I'll edit it in when I think of one.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082][b]The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess[/b]
This one needs no explanation, but I have to say, I really can't wait to see how they're changing the combat. I've heard it's supposed to balance out the slower paced combat in OOT/MM with the mad hack-n-slash frenzy of TWW, which sounds great to me. OOT's fighting can actually be decently complex if you don't just blindly mash the B button or spam Spin Attacks to get through fights, and the fast pace of TWW's combat was lots of fun, so putting them together for a deeper, fast paced combat system would be great.

[b]Mario Kart DS[/b]
I can't wait to get my DS online and school you all in this game. I've loved every entry in the Mario Kart series, and this is looking like it could be the best one yet. It's supposed to have more tracks than any other game in the series, with classic tracks from the previous games being included (the ones from the 2D games being recreated in 3D), which I think will be awesome. Here's hoping for an all Rainbow Road cup, with each game's version of the track.

[b]Tales of Symphonia[/b]
Yes, I know this was released last year. I [i]will[/i] buy it before the end of 2005. ... If I can ever stop playing Guild Wars long enough to go up to GameStop and get it. >_>;[/color]

1. .hack//G.U.:Now I've looked on a few sites and they say it will be coming out this year. I don't believe that, but if they say it, I'll put it down.

2. MOH:European assault: I've played all the MOH games and can't wait to save up so I can buy this one.

3. Coded arms: Game for the PSP that I still haven't bought but that I really want!

~Jake~

Guest ma1achic0nstant
I think Final Fantasy XII is a big contendor for most anticipated game. If it is coming out 2005 is not probable though.

So I guess my anticipation lies with Kingdom Hearts 2. Great trailer have you all seen it yet?

1.[B]Shadow of the colossus[/B]- A puzzle game by the makers of Ico that looks to be one of if not the most innovative games of the year. You basically ride throughout some world looking for collosus' on your horse. They are giant stone monsters from ancient times, and killing each one is a puzzle. You have to kill all 18 to bring a loved one back to life.

2.[B] Kingdom Hearts 2[/B]- Easily the best action RPG ever, great exploration, story, and combat. Oh and simple and clean, lol.

3 Their are no more, this year is the year of the extremely cliched games. Soul Calibur 3 looks like it is going to be exactly like the 2nd one, and the rest of the games are either cheap cop-offs of GTA or just terrible games.

[quote name='ma1achic0nstant']I think Final Fantasy XII is a big contendor for most anticipated game. If it is coming out 2005 is not probable though.[/quote]

It's not even coming out in Japan till around mid-2006. It's definitely not hitting the US or anywhere else before then.

[B]1. Kingdom Hearts 2:[/B] I want to play this soooooo badly!!! My poor Riku :animecry: I want to see the Mulan world ^^ I hope they get better voice actors this time around *shudders at the thought of Lance Bass*

[B]2. FullMetal Alchemist 2:[/B] I wasn't too keen on the first game, but I'm a big FMA fan so I'll play whatever they bring out ^^ Plus I heard the second one has much more improvements.

[B]3.[/B] Nothing else... Not much has really grabbed my attention this year. I guess I could always go for Zelda ^^

1. DDR EXTREME 2. Speaks for itself. I love DDR and a new game will be great. I can't wait to see what songs it will have on it. So far, I don't know. A cover of "Oops I Did It Again" has already been announced, which I'm not thrilled about at all. I hope they have more technoey or rock stuff.

2. Digital Devil Saga 2 - I'm currently loving Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and the first DDS looked great, but this one is going to be better in every way from what I see. Hopefully I have enough money to get this.

3. Kingdom Hearts 2 - I don't know for sure if this game will even be coming out this year, but I'm excited. The first KH was pretty good, but this one looks even better.

[quote name='Generic NPC #3']I honestly have no idea what people enjoyed so much about the original KH [/quote]
I'd agree. Kingdom Hearts was outright boring.

I'm looking forward to:
1) Dragon Quest VII- Oh how I have waited for this one. I still like the original the most (I play through it a lot) but I have high hopes for this one. And, if all else fails, I can have the one thing everyone wants: their own Slime Controller!
[IMG]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:5nFlkimxyGoJ:www.moogle.net/games/images/slime-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:MLJHuqH_2F4J:www.satori.org/blog/archives/images/01.jpg[/IMG]

2) Animal Crossing DS- To play AC wherever I want is simply amazing. To play Animal Crossing sitting on my couch is a lot of fun, but being able to play with a dozen different people while I burn Pokemon cards in my friends backyard is awesome.

3) We Love Katamari- I was lucky enough to pick up a first-run copy of Katamari Damacy and I was blown away. Instead of investing in graphics, the designers worked where it matters most: Gameplay. Even the thought of a simple mission pack excites me.

[B]1. Kingdom Hearts 2[/B]- I loved KH 1, I loved KH: CoM and all the screens and rumors about KH 2 is killing me. I want to preorder it for crying out loud.

[B]2. Sly Cooper 3[/B]- This is [I]supposed[/I] to come out this year so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. I love this series, the first one was fun but the second one blew me away. Granted some missions got old (coughpickpocketingcough) but I really can't complain, it was too good. Plus I hear you get to play as Carmelita Fox this time.

[B]3. Toss up between Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Magna Carta[/B]- Now I say toss up for two reasons, one being that I don't know if Magna Carta is even coming out this year if at all. The other is I want both of them badly but I need a gamecube first anyway. So I put the amazing looking new Zelda just to be safe, though my chances are better with Magna Carta. I want them both equally but wow, Magna Carta has me interested. It might even be out now but I haven't heard of it yet then.

[quote name='Generic NPC #3']It's not even coming out in Japan till around mid-2006. It's definitely not hitting the US or anywhere else before then.[/quote]

Actually, the Japanese release date for Final Fantasy XII is 16th March, 2006. No American or European dates are announced yet, but Square-Enix has said that it'll come out in Europe by the end of the next year, so it won't be that late.

It's right before the release of PS3, too. ;)

On behalf of the subject in hand, I don't know if I'll even buy anymore games this year... Mainly because I don't have that much money to spend, and also because there isn't that many games I want in the European market.

Next year is a totally different thing, though. [B]FF XII[/B], [B]Shadow Hearts: From the New World[/B], [B]Dreamfall[/B], [B]Grandia 3[/B], [B]Soul Calibur 3[/B] (I'm pretty sure it won't come here until next year)... A whole plethora of great games! 8D

The next year after that (meaning 2007) I'm planning on buying [B]Xbox360[/B] to accompany my PS2 and GBA, because it seems to have a few very interesting RPGs I'd like to get my hands on, namely [B]Lost Odyssey[/B] and [B]eNCHANT arM[/B]. ;)

Just [b]Kingdom Hearts II[/b] for me. But I'm not much of a gamer to begin with--I only want to see how they handle the new Pirates of the Caribbean world (at least, the one screencap I saw of it looked pretty enticing). Captain Jack Sparrow, ahoy! :animesmil

~Dagger~

[quote name='Sage][B']Grandia 3[/B][/quote]

Yeah, this one actually looks pretty hot. I enjoyed the original Grandia despite SCEA's absolute butchering for the localization. The second one wasn't as entertaining overall, but it was still solid. I hope this one turns out. It certainly is pretty.

As for KH2, as long as they make the "worlds" more than three or four rooms, I guess it could be interesting. I hope they really are taking advantage of the locales this time around.

[COLOR=Navy][B]Perfect Dark Zero:[/B]

The prequel to one of the greatest N64 shooters ever created. Everything from gameplay to graphics has been "beefed up."
[B]
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion:[/B]

What would it be like living in a fantasy world? This is the answer and the Xbox 360 is the key.

[B]Call of Duty 2:[/B]

I've never seen war as realistic and as gruesome as this, definitely a must-buy.[/COLOR]

[color=darkred]As of yet, I still don't have a DS, but I'm hoping to get one before the end of the year, or at least to coincide with Animal Crossing DS. The only games that have got me interested in the system so far are Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart DS, and obviously Animal Crossing DS.

I want Super Mario 64 DS for obvious reasons; a great game that's been updated with loads of new features, and the fact that there are now 150 Power Stars to collect in total as opposed to the original 120 is good news.

Mario Kart DS is one of the games that I'll only be hyped up about if I did actually go online with my DS, because of the multi-player mayhem that usually comes with it. I'm the only person who plans on getting a DS any time soon around my area, so not having access to any of Mario Kart DS's multi-player capabilities would be a big let down for me.

As for Animal Crossing DS, I want it purely for the interaction element involved within. I love comparing my town with my friend's towns, and trading items and stuff, and providing I do go online, this interactivity will be stretched farther for me. Also, it's great that Animal Crossing is making its way to a handheld system. One of the main reasons why I didn't keep up with my town on the GameCube version was because I found it to be a chore all of a sudden, and I just couldn't keep up with it. So hopefully being handheld will turn all that around, seeing as I'll be able to play at more convinient times.[/color]

[QUOTE=Bombu][color=darkred]Mario Kart DS is one of the games that I'll only be hyped up about if I did actually go online with my DS, because of the multi-player mayhem that usually comes with it. I'm the only person who plans on getting a DS any time soon around my area, so not having access to any of Mario Kart DS's multi-player capabilities would be a big let down for me.

As for Animal Crossing DS, I want it purely for the interaction element involved within. I love comparing my town with my friend's towns, and trading items and stuff, and providing I do go online, this interactivity will be stretched farther for me. Also, it's great that Animal Crossing is making its way to a handheld system. One of the main reasons why I didn't keep up with my town on the GameCube version was because I found it to be a chore all of a sudden, and I just couldn't keep up with it. So hopefully being handheld will turn all that around, seeing as I'll be able to play at more convinient times.[/color][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would like to mention these two even if it goes over my three game limit. I already own Super Mario 64 DS, which is a great game aside from the control issues (even if you get good at it, I don't think it ever compares to having a true analog stick).

These games just really excite me. Nintendo has so many properties that just beg to go online. They've spent so much time considering the four people in one room dynamic that they've wound up with a lot of games just would work perfectly on the internet.

I'm really looking forward to playing some of these online, whether with some people on here or elsewhere.