OtakuBoards

Chaos Eaters: The Outbreak Begins [M-LVS]

bogger3k

Dante followed James from the shadows and stopped as James stood before the elevator. He thought to himself 'What are you up to?' He watched James enter the elevator and the doors sld shut. "Good thing I had cameras tracking you" He hit a button on his watch and three people came down. One held two machine guns and one had two long katannas. The third carried a large bazooka looking device. "You ready?" The three of them nodded as Dante hit the button and waited for the elevator. "Come on. Hurry up. if he is dead by the time I get down there then I will have to kill him all over again"

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James rose in the elevator. As he moved higher and higher the voices of the eaters became clearer and clearer. Finally he reached the parking lot and stepped out. He walked down the long aisle til he reached the section labled 'section black' . There was a large steel panle door blocking the area off. At the base of the door there were four key slots. James pulled free a key ring with nine keys on it, each one uniquely colored. James pulled from the ring a black key, a red key, a blue key, and a green key. He placed he each key in the order he removed them from left to right in the slots to the door. Once he turned the last key, there was a loud cland as the tumblers in the door slide out. The door creaked open and inside were six different types of motorcycle and three different kinds of armored transport vehicle. Above the inside of the garage read 'Experimantal Vehicals: Use with caution'. James fore went this warning and hoped on top of a strem red motorcycle with the words 'Ignorrance is bliss' painted in black across the side of the bike. On the panle on the steering wheel were a group of nine different buttons each labled differently. James reached down and turned the engine on. The engine roared with all the fury of an erupting volcano, then came back down to light roll as the engine heated up. James placed his hand on the throttle and revved the engine a few times and sped off into the dark night ahead of him.

As he came back to the highway he looked back to the base as the garage door closed behind him and he let out one more sigh. He then turned his head back to face the city on the horizon. Even from here he could feel and see the dark presense becoming more powerful with every second that passed. He could here the voices calling out to him. He began to look around and noticed that they were already closing in on him from all sides. He knew this was his chance to lead them to the source in the city and lead them away from any other innocent people. James revved the engine one final time "This is it." He said to himself as he speed off into the black light on the horizon.

Dante knew where he was going, the voices in his head told him. He constantly pushed the button. "Hurry up" A lond crash was heard. 'Ididn't do it"

One of the guys with him shook his head. "Let's just take the staris"

Dante nodded. 'Good idea" When they reached the top he folloed James' trail and found the panel. "He best not of take it" He looked inside "Okay it is still there" He ran his hand over the sleek snow camo Hybusa and noticed the only other motorcycle that could match it was gone. "Well he took the other good one" The three guys hopped into an armored truck. "You get help I am going to try and catch him. He may fell alone but he isn't the only one" He tore off down teh street finding it hard to follow him and haveing to stop everynow and then to check and make sure he was going the right way. "I'll never catch up this way"

James could feel the cold wind against his face as he drew nearer to the city. His senses began to fail him as they were over come with darkness. He could hear wind whistleing behind him. He turned his head to see he was being followed by another large bird like eater. It called to him "You are chosen. Come to me and grant me your strength." James smirked "How about I grant you this." as he trew shuriken tipped in gunpowder to the eatter. there was a large blast that nearly rattled him from his bike, but he managed to maintain control. He looked back and smiled as the creature lie headless in the road. He put his attention forward to see a blockade being set. James sneared "They've already acted." He pulled up only to be greeted by Kain "Hello James. Shouldn't you be at head quarters awaiting judgement." Kain said smirkly. James just smiled back "Well, I've never been good with official orders." They exchanged looks until Kain broke the silence "Go back. We'll deal with the mess you made." James glared at him with all the fury of a monster. he reached out and grabbed Kain by his neck, the surrounding troops contested on as what to do about two agents fighting. James finally broke the tension "You take these rookies, and you take your blockade you get the FUCK back to the base, this isn't your business." James released his grip as Kain fell to the ground, barely consious from lack of air. Kain rose back to his feet and turned and started to continue as planned. James reached and grabbed his shoulder "If these men die, your problems will have only just begun. Judgement from the council will be the least of your concerns." James released his grip and began to bypass the blockade, none of the rookie soilders had the guts to stand up to a ranking agent, rogue or not. James wheeled the bike past the blockade and hopped back on and stormed toward the source of the problem.

James wrapped around a tight corner slowly building speed. He was getting close to the source of the problem. He could feel the eyes for the eatters peering at him from the shadows as he sped down the empty streets. He had to hurry he knew that was only a matter of time before Kain decided to move. He finally was close to the school, maybe three blocks away. IT was at this moment he noticed that he was surrounded. He slammed on the brakes, knowing he couldn't just plow throgh them without getting shreded by the loose claws. He stepped off his bike and looked around him. He could hear the growls and the dragging claws, but they seemed hesitant to move. Finally one of them came in to the light, a smaller one but still it was very bold. Though this feeling was undeserved as James lunged forward and decapatated the pathetic beast. When this happend he felt there joint presense move back all at once. James was begining to feel confident that he could make it through them alone. Then one of them stepped forward again, this time it was much larger. It stood at least seven feet tall and had six inch claws and fangs, It's limbs were long and slender, but still larger then Jameses. The large eatter stepped forward still seeming hesitant. Seeing this james decided it would be best to move fast and exploit his hesitation. Jamees charged closing the gap between them with remarkable speed, James made hopped off his feet to throw his whole wait into the strike and he swung vicously. HE missed the vitals, but managed to injure it's left arm in the passing. For being so big it was very quick, but James knew he was quicker. he made a charge again and as he saw the eatter lead to left again james diverted his body and side stepped an put himself right in the eatters path. As it jutted to the left James slamed his blades into the bottom of the beasts head and out the top. James felt proud for bringing down on his own. He pulled his blades free and the beast fell to the ground. AS it fell James noticed that the eatters right arm didn't, he looked down to see the eatter had put two inches of it's claws into James stomach. The adrenaline must of blinded him from the pain, which was now all to clear. He wasn't worried about being infected since he was ammune due to his mark. He was worried that he was losing to much blood and he couldn't make it stop. The eatter must of clipped a vain, it had only been about 40 seconds but James was aready starting to feel cold and his vision was starting to fade. He could feel the other eatters moving in, they could tell he was badly hurt. James wasn't sure what to do, he could probably still kill them all but then he'd never survive, all that exercise would only increase his unceasing blood loss. James changed stances looking around himself waiting for one of the eatters to attack "Alright, what do I do know? huh, oh well. Guess I just drag you to hell before I go." James readeied his blades and prepared to fight "I don't run from slime."

Dante saw a wall of eaters in front of him but they had their backs turned. "Gotcha" He plowed through them and skid to a stop next to James. "Hey look, Kain came to help us" He set Kain on the ground and drew his guns. "Back up is on the way, special forces"

James shook his head. "If we last that long"

Dante smiled. "Sure we will, he brought out his two uzi and holstered his pistols. "Watch" He held both arms out. "Duck"

James ducked Dante spun around sparying the special bullets into the eater crowd, bodies creating loud thuds as they hit the ground

James looked ahead and saw the eatters falling one after another. He felt his body getting colder and his vision started to blur. He was begining to realize that Dante had a good shoot, but without help he wasn't. He tried to get back to his feet and found he couldn't muster the balance, the bleeding still hadn't stopped, though it was slowing. He didin't have time to stay, he needed help now. James couldn't bring himself to speak, he could feel the color drain from his face. He managed to roll over and look to Dante who then noticed the blood covering the front of James.

Katrina must have half dozed off for a bit, cause she strangely, opened her eyes as a few people she didn?t know talked as they walked by. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]"Hey, what do you think of those two higher ranking guys who ran off a little while ago?" "Oh, um?James and Dante?" "Yea, them. They ran off toward the center of the invaded area." "Really? Isn?t that where Agent Kain?s blockade is up?"[/I] [/COLOR] The rest of the conversation was lost as they passed out of earshot. Katrina shook the sleep from herself, running out the door before anyone could notice. The idiots, even she knew they were going to just get themselves killed without some sort of plan in the works.

It didn't cross her mind to try and drive as practically ran the way back toward the city. She had never been gladder for those years of doing cross-country. It took her a while, but she finally made it to the blockade, only to see a bunch of rookies just standing around and muttering between themselves like they had no idea what to do about anything, or where they were even. She walked the last yard of distance, her eyes set in a firm glare. A couple of them shifted wait while looking at her, before one stepped forward. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Sorry miss, but it's far to dangerous to go beyond this point."[/COLOR]

She glanced around, and saw no Kain. She knew him by sight. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"You have three higher ranking agents about to freaken [I]die[/I], and all you retards can do is stand around like damn idiots?!"

"But our orders were to-"[/COLOR] He was cut of by a punch to the jaw by Katrina, sending him off balance and falling on the pavement. Everyone took a respective step back.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Screw your damn orders! Are any of you even [I]armed[/I]?" [/COLOR] she asked. They nodded confusidly through the stares. Katrina wasn't letting up.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Even if Kain wasn't dragged off we'd-" [/COLOR] one started to mutter. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Exactly! I should thank whoever dragged off your apparent boss. And don't give me any sweeper team crap either. You want lives saved? You get your behinds in there and help out!" [/COLOR] Katrina looked at all of them, daring them to say something. They glanced between each other nervously.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Fine,"[/COLOR] she stated walking past, stopping just beyond the blockade. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"You're a civilian!" [/COLOR] one of them called.[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] "You can't even defend yourself and you might as well be committing suicide!"

"And are you all going to let me just walk right into the war zone?" [/COLOR] Katrina taunted. One of them moved to stop her, but got his foot stopped on, followed by a knee to the gut. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Anybody else? Or are you all going to stand around like the cowards you are?" [/COLOR] She got no responce, but could tell she was getting to them. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Look. I'm not asking you all to run in and save the day, but we need to get them out of there. At least do it for that damn Kain so he can continue to feed orders to your robotic minds if not for the others."[/COLOR]

The rookie whose jaw she punched walked over and stood next to her, turning around to address the rest of the 'team'. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Looks like the little lady 'aint giving us a choice." [/COLOR] It worked. They sort of started to think for themselves, a few opting to stay at the blockade just incase. Katrina on the other hand, stupidly went with the others to find Dante, James, and Kain.

Jory puled a \nothe shirt over her head as Kyle wathced in their room, his smile was everpresent when he was around her and she loved that fact but she knew it wasn't going to be there long. She turned around and looked at Kyle, his eyes blinked as she stood there in a tight leather outfit, her blade on her side and another few weapons on her belt, including a whip and two pistols. She pulled on a jacket and then put vials of liquid in the slots on the inside of the jacket.
"Lets go, Dante and James have already left, we need to catch up."
She pulled out a set of keys and jingled them, his eyes blinked again and she smiled. In a few minutes he was holdign her tightly around the middle as they raced down the road on her motorcycle.
"What is this thing!?"
"My customized bike, you like it!"
"Not particuarly no."
She laughed and frowned as she heard the sound of gun fire, Dante. She pulled up to find james on the ground and Dante fireing into the crowd of eatters. She stopped and reached into the jacket pulling out a vial and threw it into the eatters. She smiled as a large explosion bloomed out amoung them scattering them. She set the kickstand and walked slowly through the burning eatters to stand beside Dante.
"Miss me?"
"What the hell are you doing? Where did you get the stuff?"
"I'm not a high ranking hunter for nothing Dante."
she looked at him and smiled unsheathing her blade and waiting as Kyle got at her side.
"Now we wait for the others...we can't let them get to the base level of this building. We do, we're doomed."
They nodded and like her waited for the others to arrive and the impending battle that was ahead of them as the eatters reassembled, cackleing and ready to attack.

Dante ran up to James and began to drag him off to the back, so he wouldn't sustain further injury. James was low on blood and barely consious. All he could tell was that Jory and Kyle had finally arrived. He was Fading fast and as he did he began to hear things. Echos, he could hear the other eatters trying to talk to him. They tried to talk him into coming to them so they might take his power, though they had no negotiation skills. Then he saw the shadow standing in the back staring at hm on the ground. It was far away, but he knew it was looking at him. It was right there, the creature was right there, all his answers were right there. He tried to get the others attention, but they couldn't see it. It was so close he could almost reach it. Without a word it cocked it's head toward the school and disappeared in the flames. James was driven by a new force, he had to get his answers from the creature, no matter what.

Dante felt James struggling to get up as three armored dars came up. "Hey, hold on a second, lets gget some more blood into you then you can kill them." He set him in the back of one of the armored cars as elite agents poured out of fthe back of them. When they were done with James, Dante climbed in the back. "Hey make sure that you hold this spot." The armored car and one other filled with more agents took off towards the school, cutting down any eaters will the multiple turrents. "I gotta get me one of these things"

James laid helpless in the back of the AT, totally drained of all strength. The medic officers stuck needles into his skin pumping him with blood. He was still endowed with the vision of the creature urging him on to the school. His answers were so close, how could he just be sitting here. If the others got there first they might be killed. We still don't know what it is so we don't know what it can do. He laid there on his back lost in the swirling sounds of howls, medical equipment, guns, engines, and the screams he heard in his head from the fallen eatters. And beneath it all the soft voice of the creature calling to him. He couldn't take it anymore. Finally he felt his strength returning to him. He was filling with blood and could finally see clearly and move again. He began to climb up to his feet as the medics urged him to not move. He couldn't be detoured anymore, he was going to get the bottom of things and end it once and for all.

He jumped out of the AT and ran after the others still hearing the heavy gunfire from the large turrents on the moblie attack units. He gave chase on foot, hoping to catch the slow moving vehicles as they moved through the croawd of eatters. As he moved he found stragelers, eatters who escaped the hail of gunfire. James stopped to destroy each one of them as he moved through the carnage. He came up on the carrier, he could see it in the distance. He ran with all his strength to catch up with the carrier which was now gaining speed. He couldn't allow them to get there first. As he ran, starting to fall behind he felt a chill. He looked around for the source of this dark energy that made him shake almost uncontrollably. It was more than obvious what this was, but where was it? He couldn't see it but he knew the creature was there. He turned looking in every direction, then he finally turned and saw a dark alley and a silhouette. The figure slowly moved forward and began to speak "I've waited for this moment for such a long time. Soon your friends will meet there end and you and I will be together as we should be." The voice said in it's soothing tone, as if trying to lead James into weakness. The figure drew ever closer "See how happy we can be together." James couldn't bring himself to stop smiling, this was so calming and ...... something else. The figure drew closer to the light, moving so lightly the foot steps couln't be heard. Finally the creature started to come into the light. James leaned in antiscipation of the event, what are you?

Dante saw the main school doors. 'Ram them." The truck built up speed and rammed through them into the main hall which was barely big enough, smashing a group of eaters. Special agents piled out the back, tearing through the eaters easily, then brought out mobile gattling guns and began rolling through the school halls tearing at anything that moved. Dante climbed out and watcht eh carnage. He saw one eater come up behing an agent but shot it in the head before it could kill him. He then turned to a hall that was dark except for the flickering laghts iin the middle. "That's where" He slowly began to walk down the hall, his pistols at his side. rorts came over the earphone saying that the eaters were being fought back, then took it off and threw it one the ground. "One less distraction" He lit a cigeratte and continued then stopped when he came to the main square, which was the common meeting place of the kids. one light flickered then went out. Dante smiled and brought out his uzi's again and opend fire. The light from the muzzle showing eaters being tore by bullets. After a couple seconds Dante stopped and the lights came one revealing dead eaters all around him. He turned down the next hall and brought out his pistols, shooting each eater in the head he saw. He stopped and saw a human looking eater at the end of the hall. it resmebled him and had a long blade about the size of his sword for an arm. The voice in his head laughed. "Now we can see which clone is better, the eater clone or the human clone." Dante nodded and took off his trenchcoat and brought out his sword. "Let's dance"

Out of the shadow stepped something he hadn't expected "Your..... your not suppose to be here." The figure before him wasn't a monster, but a slender young woman, she had light brown hair and pale white skin. Her eyes were as blue as the sea. She wore a silk black dress and walked so lightly it couldn't be heard. As she drew closer it was as if the world around him silent around him. James could feel his body grow cold again. She walked up to him abd wraped her arms around his waist "Soon they will all be dead and then you and I will be one." James didn't know how to react to this. He expected a monster and was presented with anything but. He tried to move but he simply fell to his knees before her. She had him entranced in her whiles "I have sent the clones of your friends to meet them. Soon they will be purged from this world by there own evil." She reached down and began to stroke the mark on his back. As she did James could feel the mark shudder, it was as if it was crying for her. James was over come with the same emotion. He was filled with a strange kind of fear he had never experienced. He neeeded help and he tried to call out to someone, but he couldn't find the words. He could feel his reasoning draining from his body, gradually his mind was lost to the darkness. She simply smiled at him "Yes, that's it. You are finally accepting it." James was filled with a terror beyond explanation. 'Someone, anyone please come heere quick or else something horrble is going to happen' james though this over and over again as if hoping someone would hear his thoughts. Then there was a flash of light....

Jory flew through the wall following the explosion and blinked as she saw James kneeling infront of a woman as if he were her sevant.
"James?"
He shuddered and the woman laughed.
"You are to late. He has accepted his fate, as shoulfd you."
She snapped her fingers and Jory blinked as a duplicate of her jumped up from the floor, it hissed and drew a transmutateing blade just as Jory's.
"This is freaky...but creative."
"It is all of you anger and hatred for the world."
Jory blanched and swallowed hard.
"Not good."
Jory had alot of built up anger...more then her fair share. She pulled out her pistols and aimed at the clone.
"I have a bad feeling about this."
Her eyes went black as the figures went red...blood lust consumed Jory as the heat of the fight began to seep into her body. It was thrilling and frightening at the same time...she loved it. All the hatred and anger seemed to teem around her and the clone till it chocked the air. A red and purple haze filled the room as they faced off. Jory was known in the head quarters as a blade dancer...she was going to show why. She fired twice and then pulled out her blde making it two, the blades transmutated into smaller blades as they circled and lashed the distance became shorter. The baldes conected and it was as if they were moving to a song unheard by all around but them, a haunting and frightenng melody that made the hair on the back of one's neck stand on end. Kyle watched as they moved faster and faster around each other...till a break presented itself to Jory. She lashed out catching the clone in the stomach and smiled as the sound of blade sinking into flesh rang out as loud as a gun shot. Jory looked down as the clone cackled and dislogded the blade from her side, Jory stumbled back and looked at Kyle, regret filled her eyes, she would hae loved to know what a family would have been like...She heard the movement of feet and looked up as the clone rushed forward and felt a heat radiate through her...it was unlike anything she had ever felt...it was the will to live...it burned like an inferno...spurred her to look at Kyle again and just as the clone brought it's blades down she blocked and took her blade into a sowrd form and sliced it's head off. It fell with a wisp of black smoke and mist as she fell to the floor, blood seeping form her side wound. It burned and bled heavily. She looked at the woman and smirked smugly.
"Let-Him-Go."
Jory was going pale and her breathing getting labored but she stood alone with no help, pround and straight. James shuddered again as she touched him.
"Your stronger then we thought."
"I have something to live for now..."
she glanced at Kyle and then back to her.
"He's a member of this little family we've all made together...we're all each other has and I won't let you take that from me, him or anyone else!"
"A family, what a ridiculous concept. He doesn't need or want that filthy family you claim to have."
"Why not let him decide, or are you afraid he's choose us over you?"
James shuddered yet again and Jory heard him struggle under her torment. she smiled crulely.
"He has already chosen."
"Then I'll make another chioce. I challange you for his life."
she saw James' eyes widen and laughed lightly. Kyle took her arm and looked at her as his clon appered as well.
"Thats not wise..."
"yes it is. I have something to live for...not only you, but hope for a future family..."
Kyle's eyes were the ones that rounded as she cupped his cheek.
"When this is all over, we can leave the precinct and go somewhere and live a happy life...with each other...and the others can do same...Kyle, I won't die, I'm not afriad anymore..."
He ran a hand through her hair and nodded.
"Becareful love..."
"You too, you stay alive, my heart..."
The endearment sounded strange on her lips but she knew he was jsut that, her heart, as were the rest of the team, she had grown to love them all as a family. She turned on the lady and sighed, this was her greastes test...one she had to pass. Not just for he but for the team...for Kyle...and to free James. She was more then willing.

James could see Jory standing in front of him, but he wasn't able to move. He couldn't even speak, every touch made him shudder. James sat in a sense of failure, she was going to put herself in danger for him. The woman set her hands on the mark on his back and began sinking nails into his skin. James found his strength to scream, it felt like his body was melting, everything from his skin to his bones to his organs. He couldn't move and he couldn't make it stop. He could feel something in his mouth, his teeth were growing, changing. Jory stepped forward "Stop it. Leave him alone you crazy bitch." James felt so helpless and worthless, he had to have stand up for him, when this was his problem to deal with. He felt her hand on his shoulder, then he felt a surge of energy flood his entire body. He felt his body move and was suddenly far up in the sky, engulfed in a black crucifix. He looked down as the two of them began to talk to each other again, but he couldn't make out what they were saying. He hung high in the air and suddenly was over come with same pain he had known when her nails pierced his skin. It was like the crucifix was choking him. He couldn't move and slowly he began to feel his mind slipping from him again. He could hear a dark echoing voice in his head again. Something was wrong, his distrato was beginging to manifest itself into his physical being.

Dante and his eater clone clashed over and over again, the force of their blows echoing throughout the school. They down the halls and up the stairs. Dante cut down any eaters that got to close as he tried to find an opening, but they were to evenly matched. "You really are a clone of me"

The Eater laughed. "A better one" Charged Dante forcing him back then smiled when he fell over a peice of a desk. "Die" He brought his sword arm up for a finishing blow.

Dante grabbed a handful of dirt and flung it into his eyes the cut him in half on his way up. "Just like you said, die" He turned seeing a huge stampede of eaters coming at him. "Oh great" He got into a ready stance then charged

James hung high in the air still caught in the black crucifix. He felt sick to his stomach, this voice kept telling him all the things he didn't want to hear. He could see Kyle fighting his clone and Jory still speaking to the woman. James fell deeper into darkness, he felt so worthless, he was right there and he couldn't do one goddamn thing to help. They were all going to suffer for him. In that moment he could see all of them fighting and suffering for his actions. He could see Dante fighting for his life against an impossible number of eaters, Katrina running to stand by there side and fight, Jory standing against James' enemy for him, Kyle fighting an enemy created by the darkness he set loose. They were going to pay for his mistake, and why couldn't help, because he was worthless. He was the worst thing to happen them. Jory called him family and he was the reason she had to fight such a dangerous enemy. James began to feel physically ill from all these thoughts, til he vomitted on the roof of a building below. He could feel his airways costricting, he was choking. He couldn't think of anything else, except for all the horrible things he had done that his friends had to pay for. They were all had left and now they were being taken from him. James began to fall into insanity, he trembled and laughed as tears ran from his eyes. He didn't know what to do, he felt so hopeless. He started see even more horrible images as his distrato tried to take control. He saw Dante getting butcherd by the eatters, he saw that eatter clone carring Kyles head, He saw Katrina and Jory being raped and killed by those monsters. He could barely breath, not from the crucifix, but from pure fear. He didn't want to see this and the more he saw it the more he belived it. he started screaming out "No.....NOO.....NOOOOO....NOOOOOOO!!!! Please stop! Don't do that, I'm begging you!!! Don't kill them, there my family." he said, as if he could be heard. He wasn't sure but he prayed someone could hear him. He felt his darkness screaming inside him, trying to come free through the hopelessness he felt. James hung there and couldn't stop the tears as he continued to see his friends dieing at the hands of the eatters and that beast of a woman.

Dante suryed the eaters he had killed, they littered the floor and there was blood everywhere. He turned and looked out the window and saw James in the sky. "Fear is taking him" He heard him cry out telling them to stop killing his freinds. "Trying to make him think we are dying" He began to think to himself. 'fear, if you afraid then it can harm you, but if you conquer it then fear can do nothing' He tunred and saw a eater coming around the corner. "Conquer fear. Then fear can't harm you" He saw the eater charge him. "Conquer fear" He put his sword down as the eater lunged. "Conquer fear" He pushed everything out of his mind. "No fear" The eater passed right through him and slid into the wall. It turned around and faced him confused. Dante turned around and smiled at it as it lunged aty him again. He held out his arm and jammed it into his mouth as it bite dopwn on it then let go, his arm still fine. He grabbed it with one arm and flung it out the window as he jumped down and headed over to James eaters constantly circleing and lunging through him. "Hey James, look I am fine I have conquered fear" Another eater jumped right through him. He grabbed it and through it across the school yard.

James could see Dante on the ground below trying to scream to him. He could just hear him saying something about fear as a group of eatters began to jump around him. James was half dead and in a daze, he began speaking to himself "Why.... Why am I trying. Were going to die..... and they're going to die because of me. I failed them, I let them get involved." James could feel a cold wind in his chest and if felt as if it was squeezing his heart. Jmaes couldn't feel anything but loss. It was already over to him, he was converting to the other side. He could feel that dark soul coursing through his body. He could hear the whispers and see there thoughts, he could see the others getting butcherd and he saw it over and over again "Stop it...... I said sotp it!!!" He began to say growing in a louder and louder tone. He felt a rage fill him, like the flames of hell rising to meet him. He started to try and pull against the crucifix holding him in the air. As he watched Jory and Kyle fight for there lives. He tried harder and harder as he watched longer and longer "That's enough..... leave my friends alone!!!" He screamed as the dark energy around him flared and waverd. He began screaming wildly, like he had gone insane. He was wriggling around, trying to get loose and get attention. That demon bitch was going to take his soul and his will, not without a fight you stupid bitch. He reached deep within himself looking for the strength to pull free. All he had was his darkness, how do you use darkness to destroy darkness. This was his only problem, he needed a way to get free and he was running short on time.

Jory felt fnage grow in her mouth as her anger rose, the woman looked at her shocked as she laughed.
"They dont say I have alot of built up anger for nothing...Lets dance."
"You dance? I am surprised. You have no idea what your into little girl. He is the key that will open the gate way to hell and I will not let him go. His death means our life."
"His death means your as well."
Jory lunged and caught the lady around the middle. She sank her teeth into the woman's shoulder and smiled as she screamed out.
"What are you?"
Jory jumped back smiling.
"I was rebuilt after the crash, I remember now...they implanted eatter parts into me, it was the only way to save me. they regenergate quickly...but after I did they infused the eatter with human to slow the regenerative process and made me what I am now."
"And that is?"
"Dangerous."
Jory jumped up again and back down, her blades flashing as the woman fought her, swivleinghere and there dodgeing her blades with no weapon. Jory saw the eatter out of the corner of her eye and growled as it landed on her arm and transformed into a sword. Jory smiled.
"Abou time...lets hae some fun. I die you can keep James. You die...you ket him go."
"Deal. Dance."
Jory's blades transmutadted on their own as she charged into a close distance, the sound of their weapons and the ripping of cloth as the lady used her nails to gouge wounds into Jory's flesh was heard as the others fought as well. the woman sent her arm infront of Jory's face trying to blind her and Jory bit down hard breaking the bone. the hate she felt for the woman making the eatter DNA surface more then usual. Her eyes began to turn black as she looked at her. She felt the anger rise and laughed wickedly. This anger was her weapon...the eatters began to whimper in fear and began to bow towards Jory...The others shivered as the area turned cold and icy, fog raised form their breath as Jory's anger and hate poured out of her very being.
"All of this...this is what I am now...what I had become. The eatters made me this way, destroying that bus and then making me what I am now...all the anger I felt over the years, the frustration of memories that were only a light touch away and i could never have them....the anger at the world for creating such creatures with their anger and fear...I despise every one of you beasts!"
"And yet you yourself are one."
"I'm not like you. I know how to love as well."
she caught a glimpse of Kyle and Katrian, Dante as he yelled at James trying to bring him back.
"These people...these are the people I love and I will protect them to my last breath!"
she ran forward and Katrian screamed as the long blade of the woman's sword was heard going therough her middle...but they knew that Jory had won, the paleness of the woman's face, the look of shcok as blood ran form her mouth...Jory coughed and laughed...her transmuted blade sticking out afoot from the woman's back. They fell together as the halls iced over, their blood seeping onto the floor.

James could feel the digging in his back, it was like something trying to claw free. James screamed as the cries of anger came from his mark. He pulled at all ends trying to pull free of the crucifix, time was almost up soon the gates of hell would open. He began shaking and trembling, he used all the muscles in his body to break the binding. He could hear the others fighting, they were doing this for him. He started to scream out, he needed to let the others know he was with them "I will not surrender. I am not a weak creature to be controlled by this psycho bitch. I..... will .... Break.... FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" The darkness began to strech around him, it warped and morphed. He could feel himself shredding to pieces as he pulled, his skin burned and his muscles felt like they were melting. He reached forward and the black space that engulfed him ripped open. He was out of the dark space and he was falling to the earth. It was as if the world around him stopped, he could see Jory spear the dark woman, he could see Dante slaying the eatters with ease, he saw Katrina leading the rookies into combat to fight off the threat, And he saw Kyle fighting back his dark clone. They were all fighting so hard, trying to solve the problem that was his fault. In this instant all he could hear was what Jory had said before, she called him family. He hadn't had this in so long, his last family he killed, but this was his chance to make it up, he would save this family. He landed on his stomach as he hit the ground. He layed there for a moment then set his hand to the side of him and lifted himself from the ground. He was on all fours and he coughed up a little blood. He rose to his knees and looked around and saw the burning and destruction left by the eatters as they continued to run through the streets. He climbed back up to his feet and propped himself up on some near by debris. It was as if the world had gone silent, all he could hear was his own breath and heart beat. He slide his feet against the ground as he used the wall of debris to keep himself up. He stumbled along looking around his, slowly panning side to side, he was searching for something. He walked at a slow half dead pace, as he moved an eatter stopped and started to charge him. It ran with a bloodlust in it's eyes, it leaped for him and as it reached arms length away, James rose his arm and the beast was gone in a flash. His eyes were tainted with a swirl of darkness and blood, he was lost in the deep resolve to end the madness. His friends were suffering and others would suffer if he didn't end it now. He walked out of the dark alley way in which he was, out into the blazing red streets as the buildings around him toppled over. James looked out into the fire with placid eyes "This is where I will find you. This is where I will find the end of me."

Dante heard a sound and turned around. A side of on of the buildings had turned to two doors with demonic symbols all over them. "Ohh shit" The doors started to open as Dante ran up and grabbed on with each arm and tried to close them or at least keep them from opening more. He saw James coming over to help him. "I got this, go help the others" His right arm began flaking as the heat from the door revealed that his other arm was metal as well. "So much for that" His arms began to groan under the force. Suddenly a black bolt hit him in the chest sending him into a building.

James pushed against one fo the doors as they begna to open again and demons began walking out. "It is no use, they will kill us we try to close this door"

Dante came out of the building except he wasn't human. He was a eightfoot tall demon with spikes all over his body and long claws.

"What the?"

Dante walked inside the two doors as smaller demons ran around him. He grabbed the two inside handles and slowly began shutting the door. He saw James just staring at him.

"Your from hell"

"Yes, I was sent here to make sure that all of you didn't get in the way, but I had to act as your freind so I could gain your trust. Along the way, you showed me kindness and compasion, something I am not used to" Dante closed the doors another inch as Kain suddenly stood up. Dante held out hs hand as a large ball of energy formed and blasted Kain across the street. "He was another sent here, my second in command so be sure to kill him. Be careful since he is incradiably strong and dangerous, wait that's right you can take care of yourself. I am the leader of the Devil's army and one of the strongest demons there is. After I was saved by all of you, it felt weird so I had to return the favor. I came back here then when you made a clone I was sent back up again for a second chance. Blew that. But know I am going to save this planet even though I will die as soon as these doors shut" He pulled the doors three inches from closing. 'Tell them bye for me." He pulled the doors an inch from closing. "Tell Kat that I love her. Take care James maybe later on when you get down here and after my torture and if I am not dead then we can fight together again. Bye" Dante closed the doors shutsealing them again, until the next invasion. He heard a voice behind him.

"You failed me Dante, you betrayed me as well. For that you will suffer a thousand years and die"

"Bring it on" Hundreds of demons appeared in the fire and lunged at him. He began fighting off the overwhelming numbers until he was finally subdued and the thousand year torture began.

Outside
James sealed the outside of the door and it disappeared. "Time to finish off the others" Kain suddenly stood up in his demon form.

James watched as the doors sealed and Dante disappeared into the darkness. Dante was gone the instant the doors sealed, James acted quickly and called on the powers of his mark to seal the door. The door faded from sight and the darkness subsided. He fell to his knees, he had lost Dante, even if he was a demon he was still his friend. As he sat there in moarning for the loss of his friend he felt something rise behind him. He turned to see Kain was still very present at the scene. He chuckled "So, he left for hell and left you alone to fight me. Not a very nice guy to leave you to die." James kept his eyes low. James heard rapid foot beats coming at him, he quickly launched his blades forward and watched as the demonic Kain flew across the room. Kain stood back up "You can't touch me and you certainly shouldn't be able to hurt me, your breaking the rules." James kept his eyes low to the ground, never looking up to the monster before him. He could hear the monster charging him again. James jumped up pulled his blade up and drew a slit across a the face of the thundering beast which then fell and slide under the elevated James. HE heard the monster stummble back up to his feet "What's wrong with me? Who the hell is this guy? Why.... Why don't you die?" The beast violently charged in a blind fury. He swung for James rapidly with his vicous claws, eyes blazing "I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll killyou." he screamed swinging over and over again. James ducked, jumped right side step, left side step, right side step; and parry to the right. As he parried he drove his blades through the ribs and jumped back. Kain stummbled and sputterd up blood "You.... your a ..... Human..... you can't ....... beat... me ehhh!" he yelled as blood flushed out of his mouth. The monsters eyes glazed and he fell on the floor, James turned and walked away "This isn't over yet. I still have to meet her. And until we are final, it will never end." He said as he walked back to Katrina, He had a message for her.