OtakuBoards

Chaos Eaters: The Outbreak Begins [M-LVS]

bogger3k

James and Kean made there way to the debriefing room, when James looked down a side hall and saw Katrina acting very flusterd. James seperated from Kean and walked over to her " So you going to the debriefing room" "Of course. I'm not getting left out, so let's go." he headed back toward where he was when they passed his room " Wait, let's go in here quick okay." She gave him an akward glance
" Okay I guess, But no funny business."

They walked in to his very plain, very bare room. Having only the essentials such as bed, table T.V., Phone and a closet. James walked to the closet opened it up and pulled out a round disk shaped object wraped in an old cloth. " Since you insist on fighting I want to give you something you can fight with." he unwraped the disk slowly, taking great care. The cloth came off to reveal a shield roughly 1.5 feet in diameter with sarrated edges. " This belonged to my grandfather, he was among the first of the agents who speacilized in hunting and killing Chaos eaters. I think you should use it for the time being." She looked at it and said " How to I fight with this strapped to my forearm." James reached under it and pulled a lever free " Grip this switch here and the shiel will launch up to 15 feet, turn the handle here first so you can get it to rotate. It really is quite deadly." She looked at it again and looked back at James " Thanks" " It's just my way of saying sorry for being so harsh on you earlier. Let's go." "Okay" She smiled a little then returned to normal. they both turned, left and made there way to the debriefing room.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Garet stepped into the bathroom and set the hot water, he pulled off what he was wearing and set his knives down on the sink. He hopepd in and cleaned himself off of all the dirt and sweat of his hard day, his anger was welling up inside of him, at one point it got to bad that he punched a wall cracking some of the tile in the shower. He cleaned himself off and dried off, he walked over to his room and clothed with fresh clean clothes. As soon as he tied on his shoes a knock came at his door, he stood up and answered opening it slowly, he saw it was Darren. Darren reached his hand out and Garet shook it.

[B]"Good to see you Garet Jax."[/B]

[B]"Back to you Darren."[/B] Garet smiled, but it faded after a moment. Theys topped shaking hands and Darren spoke again.

[B]"I hear Kain's been up to trouble. He got you put off duty for Dante's Death."[/B]

[B]"Yeah, that bastered just loves to push my buttons. Next time I go on an Eater hunt, make him my partner. And hopefully he'll get bitten by a Eater and i'll get to kill him."[/B] Darren laughed a little and it faded, Darren had a big smile on his face. Garet looked at him odd.

[B]"Ok Darren, what is it that your smiling about?"[/B] Darren just couldn't hold it in.

[B]"Well, I hope your ready for active duty."[/B] He held his arm out and Garets jaw dropped. He could believe what he was seeing, he jumped with excitment and grabbed the person and ran to the breifing room. He told the man to wait outside, and hold on just a minute. He stepped into the room and looked to make sure that everyone was their, only two people missing were Jory and Kyle but this couldn't wait. Garet had a huge smile on his face, one that no one could ignore. James was the first to ask.
[B]
"Garet, why are you smiling so big. Your off duty."[/B]
[B]
"Not anymore, when you see this. Come in."[/B] As Garet said that a man stepped in and everyone's jaw dropped. They could not believe it was who they thought it was. It was Dante. James stood up and walked to Dante, he stared at him, he poked him a couple times to make sure he was really there. He looked Dante over.

[B]"How is this possible?" [/B]
[B]
"I can explain."[/B] Darren came walking in. He stood next to Dante with his hand on his shoulder.

[B]"He is a product of a technology that we have just recently mastered. We took DNA from Dante's brain, so we could get his personality and feeling and memories. And we cloned him. He is the same old Dante, just a litlte more enhanced since he still has some Eater DNA in his system."[/B] Dante smiled.
[B]
"It's good to be back." [/B]Everyone jumped up from their seats and hugged him, so happy that he was now back with them and the same old person. Garet thought that Kyle and Jory should hurry up before Dante decides to go find them. But right at that time he didn't care, he was just happy to see that he was alive and well. Garet would sleep well to night.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Tenjo walked away from the others and went back to the place where he had gotten the bullets before and sighed more this time since he took more then he had last time and put them back into his pockets away from an easy sight able area.

"Ah how troublesome, being ordered around and all of that good old junk. Ah o well there?s nothing about it that I can do now at least Bah! And besides what?s the worse that can even happen around here anyways?"

He decided against his previous thoughts and decided to go and see what all of the commotion were all about but on his way he got sidetracked by two odd looking things that were just lying on the ground. He went over there to pick them up or to at least see what they were and went over to pick them up.

"Hello, hello. What is it that we have here? Hmm...by the looks of it these should be able to fit on my gun o well"

He had accidentally bushed some button on the side of the gun causing a blade to quickly snap out at him. He barley moved in time to dodge the blade as it ripped across his cheek sending some of his blood onto the near by wall. He quickly moved his hand over to his cheek and felt the blood slowly start to drip onto his hands.

"What in the world are these...are they some kind of gun attachment? Well whatever it is, it's sure sharp for one. I guess ill take it since I found it on the floor they can?t even get mad at me if I do take it"

He clipped the attachments to the underside of the barrel of his gun and headed off back to the meeting area and slowly walked into the door to find them all cheering and celebrating. He did not really care who it was or why they were cheering, he just layed back against the wall waiting for them to finish.[/COLOR]

Dante frowned as everyone crowded around him. "You can stop that now"

Garet smiled. "Yep same Dante"

Dante smiled as he pulled off his left glove. "But I have a hand agian" and my arm is back to normal at least color wise"

Darren walked over to a panel and pushed a button as Dante's trenchcoat and his arsenl popped out.

Dante walked over and put his trechcoat on and put his guns away. "Alright I'm ready to kill some more of those bastards. Good thing now is that I can't turn due to my body being imnune to it"

Katrina stood in one corner of the room, just staring off into space. She was mainly going over James' instrutions in her head for a moment so that she wouldn't forget. When Dante walked in, she didn't run over and hug him like everyone else seemed to do. Mearly glanced at him, figuring he'd need all of the oxygen he could get at the moment. She sighed, saying [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Nice to see you again."[/COLOR]

Katrina wasn't even going to ask about what happened to his hand. She figured she didn't quite want to know at the moment. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Glad you're immune, but just a wild guess, don't go being really reckless."[/COLOR] It was a comment worth a small grin, even if for a moment to show she was joking around even though you wouldn't tell by her voice.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"So, are we waiting for that other guy and the girl...Jory was her name?" [/COLOR] Katrina asked, reciving a few small nods. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Alright. Wake me up when they get here." [/COLOR] She closed her eyes, head down as she leaned against the wall casually without loosing balence.

James sat in the corner of the room, shaking nervously. the whole thing was a little much for him. He was about to drop his bombshell and he gets hit with one himself " This is just nuts." He said in a mild tone. Now all that was left was for Jory and Kyle to arrive, but judging from his conversation with Kyle earlier, he had no intention of hurring the two of them. They needed there time.

After about 45 miutes they finally joined them in the debriefing room. James lightly jabs Katrina " Wake up there here." "Huh, oh sure.". Now was the moment of truth. " I know you all want to know why I called you all here, well it involves an incident almost 4 years ago and Kean, Darren, and Myself. I think that you deserve the right to know the truth."

" In a small town in New York state, you've probably never heard of, called Koshack me, Kean, and Darren lived together. We were all friends and had one thing in common our grandparents were among the original agents who hunted eaters. So as you can guess we had equipment lying around in our attics. One day, Darren and I were rumaging around in the attic where we discoverd a book, The book of Hell. We immediately called Kean over to show him what we had found. We were entranced by this book, It was black with a red trim and Gold print letters and symbols. Inside it contained incantations for summonings that offerd great power and endless rewards. Greed began to consume me, simply being in it's presence of such a dark force made me fell an impulse to steal and kill. Finally I sucame, and I told the others we should bury it, so that night we took it out to the forest and did just that, but the next morning I returned to dig it up. I opened it and started to flip through the pages and finally I found the " Redeption spell" , it promised strength, power, and influence. I couldn't help myself, I drew the marks and chanted the incantations, but I failed. I learned that I needed a sacrifice, I choose my family. In the dead of night I attacked them with a kitchen knife diabling, but not killing them. I set them in the mark, stared the incantations and watched the crimson red light rise from there open wounds. There was a flash and red smoke sitting in the center of the room, it seemed so great, until they started to come through. I no longer felt this joy, but now fear like I had never known. I ran from my home, running to the friends I betrayed because I had killed my family. They were enraged and appauld to what I had done in the name of power. But still they helped me and took me in anyway. I opened the portal for the Chaos eaters. We attempted to close it and failed, We lacked the skill neccesary to close what i had opened. That's when they showed up, The Agents. they came in great force lead by another person some of us are familiar with, Kain. he was leading the command and was sent to "liberate" the town from Eater control. We thught he would help us, he was only interested in moving up and out of "this hick little town". He gave the order for total extermination. He sent out the sweeper team, a team that destroys everything in site so that they are left with nowhere to hide. But for all the help they promised they still failed to seal the portal completely, they just managed to transmode it. it simply closed and moved to someplace else slowly in silence. This problem we've enconterd is the same as then, we believe the portal is here and in full swing." James went silent as the eyes in the room all glared at him.

" I still bare my punishment, which one day will give me the eternity in darkness I so deserve." James dropped his trench coaat and took his shirt off and turned around to reveal a scar that appeared in the form of a glyph, with the part in the center turning black " This is the power I recieved, it is the power of chaos magic and it allows me to destroy caos eaters with ease. However the more I use it the more the darkness spreads through it, once it becomes complete I will become something more horrible than a chaos eater." " What." asked Jory kindly. " I don't know, but some time it whispers to me, leting me know how evil it is and how evil I am." The others stared with mixed feelings of fear, anger, disgust, and sorrow.

[B]What Happened In The Closet[/B]

Kyle pulled out a couple of stools from a corner and set them down for him and Jory to sit on. When they were seated there wasn't too much space between them. Maybe a bit shorter than a foot of air seperated their faces from the other. He was sure that he looked very nervious and scared. He was shaking a bit and didn't even want to look into her eyes.

"Kyle..." She spoke up after a couple of minute. "Please Kyle tell me what you brought me in here to tell me. If it's that important I need to know."

He took another moment just so he could draw in a deep breath and let it out. "Alright." he choked down another breath before starting. "A while ago you were in an accident and it caused you to lose a part of your memory."

Jory looked a little shocked at this. "Are you kidding me?"

"No Jory. I'm telling you the entire truth. I wouldn't lie to you. Anyways...well what you mainly forgot was about the year before the incident. For that past year you had been working with a partner on very difficult missions. That partner was me."

"Oh..." She looked really sad all of the sudden. "So that's why you've been so..."

"Jory it's not that I was just your partner. Jory after we worked together for a while be became deeply involved with one another. We were even intimate."

"Oh my god."

"Jory I'm sorry, but when you lost all memory of me I was hurt so badly. I fell in love with you and you with me, but that was all lost when your memory went. I never told you up until now because I thought you would be happier not knowing. I still love you Jory, nothing is going to change that. I just wish you would remember because without you my life hasn't been worth living. I've tried and it hasn't been there." Tears roll down his cheeks as he lets go of all of the pain that has built up since the accident.

James hung his head low and slowly exited the room, no one said a word as he left.
Shortly following were Darren and Kean. "Hey, wait up man. That was hard for you, but you knew it would be." Daren said " Yeah, I knew, but it dosen't make me feel better. those are still hard memories. I just wish I could forget it all." Darren and Kean set there hands on James' back and Kean said " Don't worry, we were there for you then and were here for you now." James began to tremble " Thanks. I don't deserve friends like you two." James began to cry again and Kean and Darren stood by him.

James brought himself back to composure " Now that that's done, we need to decide on how we plan to handle this." Darren stepped forward " We could use the book again." James snapped to attention " No. Never again will I rely on it's power." Kean shimming in " Then what can we do to asure the problem will be solved and stay solved?" James suddenly appearing very determined " I'll use it." Darren looked up with shock " You can't what will happen if you turn into.... whatever this thing will be." James becoming somber " Then you two do whats right. If I turn then I want you two to kill me and quickly." Darren and Kean seeming somber as well " Alright, If you turn we'll be there to kill you" Kean said. " Thank you my friends. I don't know what I'd do without you two. I don't deserve such friends." They all smiled at one another and left the hall.

" I'll make the announcment for our departure. We leave in the morning so try to sleep well tonight." Said Kean as he left down the other hall. "Yeah, I think I'll turn. Are you going to be okay?" James looked up " Yeah I'll be fine. see'ya in the morning." "Okay" Then Kean left in the same direction as Darren. james was now all alone again and was feeling more cut off then ever. " I guess they'll hate me now, And they have every right to." He said to himself as he enterd his room and sat on his bed in the darkness.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Garet listened to what James was saying and the more he heard the angrier he grew. His anger was welling up inside of him, his anger wasn't at what James had done. He had a hard time understanding but he was more angry at what Kain had done to promote his dumbass. At the end of James speech he let everyone soak in the news they had just heard of, the Book of Hell and the Eaters being released in mass quanitys and Kains sweeper team. As soon as he hit that thought Garet slammed his fists on the tables and stormed out of the room as Kain was about to enter. Kain had an angry look on his face at the sight of Garet being in the mission briefing since he was off duty, Garet was walking down the hall trying to deal with what had been told to him. Garet was at his peak of anger and frustration when Kain grabbed his shoulder.

[B]"What were you doing in that briefing! You are off duty! You will be restrained to your quarters. Your going to...." [/B]Kain was about to finish his sentence when Garet brought his leg up and kicked Kain in the throat, Kain grabbed his throat and tried to breath. He was gasping for air, he looked back at Garet, still trying to get air. Then Garet round house kicked Kain in the face sending him to the ground and Kain slid across the floor, still trying to get air. He walked over to the Kain and stomped his foot in his chest, Kain groaned and took a deep harsh breath. Garet drew one of his knives and held it with the blade facing down, at that moment James, Kyle, Jory, and everyone else came out and saw Garet standing over Kain with his knife.

[B]"Garet stop!"[/B] James yelled at him. Garet looked at them and they all saw a look of man who was dead inside, a face that showed nothing but hatred and anger. He almost looked like the Grim Reaper, coming to take the soul on his next victim. Garet looked back at Kain, Kain had seen the knife and closed his eyes tight, Garet yelled and plunged his knife down as he faintly heard people screaming at him. Kain opened his eyes and looked to the side with just his eyes, he saw his reflection in Garets knife. Garet withdrew the knife and stood up straight his face grew dark, he looked down at Kain.

[B]"A sweeper team Kain? You called the sweeper team! For your own selfish reasons none the less, just to promote yourself. I'll kill you another time, when they're not watching."[/B] He gestuered with his head towards the others standing at the end of the hall. He stood up and walked down the hall, the others rushed over to Kain and lifted him up, he may have been a jackass but he had just been dealt a horrible beating. James lifted him up and Kain tore away from him, he straightened himself out and gave them a nasty snarl. James sighed.
[B]
"Are you gonna report this to the administration as well?"[/B] Kain huffed.

[B]"No, this I will handle myself. He needs to be taught some respect for his supiriors, and i'll be the one to show him."[/B] There was suddenly a small laugh from the crowd, Kain looked into the group.

[B]"Who was that?"[/B] Kain siad extreamlly irritated, Dante then stepped up. Kain was surprised and shocked.

[B]"Your going to show him respect? You just got the crap kicked out of you by him, and you plan on trying to beat him down? Ha, I can see why you would like to handle this yourself. Can't send a letter to administration about how you got your ass beat down by Garet now can you?"[/B]

[B]"You can't be here. You're dead! You're what sealed the deal of having Garet decommisioned." [/B]Dante smiled and chuckled a little bit.

[B]"Well, I am very much alive. So I guess he won't be leaving anytime soon. I'll make sure James gets on that letter to them." [/B]Dante kept smiled and walked back to the briefing room. Kain was still shocked and extremely irritaed and mad, all he could do was stomp off another hall.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

James, now sitting quietly in his room, reched under his bed and pulled out a photo album and began to flick through the pages. He went slowly through each page. Finally he stopped not on a phooto, but a hand drawn picture. The picture was of an elegant cross wrapped in an olive branch. " Hey mom, hey dad." James said looking at the picture. He slowly looked at the bottom which read ' In loving memory of my dearly departed parents, so I never forget'. James sat and began to cry again. He turned the light off and sat in the darkness, tring still to understand why he ever took that book. 'If I hadn't I wouldn't be agent, my family would be alive, I would still be back in my boring old town at my boring school with the friends I don't deserve' James thought has he continued to cry in the darkness. He laid his head down and prayed that he would never wake up.

That night he had a dream, more like a nightmare. He saw his burning town, heard the screams of his family and saw the black figure that had buried itself in side him on that day. He jumped from his bed drenched in sweat and tears. he got up from his bed and decided to go take a shower in the bathroom down the hall. As he left he noticed some one else up and he didn't know who it was. He ran up the hall as they rounded the corner, he ran faster. As he rounded the corner he found noone. He stood bewilderd, then he heard the sounds. Chomping, grinding, something digging through meat and bone. he asumed that they had been found he stated running from room to room finding nothing, through each hall without even a drop of blood. "What is this? What's wrong with me?! James screamed in the hall.

Finally someone came and found him. It was Katrina appearing alittle irratated. " What are you doing?" She yelled at him, then she noticed he was sweating " Hey what's wrong with you? Are you alright?" She asked now more concerned. James gave no response, he could still he the sounds. then he realized it wa in his own head. Something inside him, that thing. " Why, why did it have to be me, why did it have to find me? I killed my own family for it and all I got I don't want." James said trembling as the others began to arrive. They all stood behind him staring withut a word.

Katrina just stood there staring at James, irritated. Randomly finding out that everything was?well HIS fault, sort of puts a damper on things, no matter how you icing the cake. Especially being woken up in the middle of the night. Well, she assumed it was still night.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?You?re in your own personal hell. That?s why it talks to you,? [/COLOR] she said. Her voice wasn?t kind or anything, just indifferent. Katrina was going to just shut away as much as it took to keep her anger in check and not kick the shit out of some one. As greatly tempting as that was.

Taking a deep breath, she continued. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?It found you, because it must have known you?d crack. Oh, you got what you wanted alright, but now you?re paying for it.? [/COLOR] She pointed a finger at him briefly. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?You run; it laughs. You despair; it grows stronger. You fight it; it fights back. You let it loose; it uses you as its material body. But most of all, you give in; It wins.? [/COLOR]

That was her piece on the matter. Everyone else could make comments at their leisure, not that she really cared to open the floor and make this an all night discussion. She couldn?t say that she knew how he must feel, or anything sympathetic like that. She didn?t. It was fine with her if everyone called her cold and mean, and James got mad at her. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"My question is?are you going to give up and succumb a second time to this?Thing."[/COLOR]

James came to his feet " I will never succumb and I will carry my punishment with all my strength." he turned and looked at everyone as they all stared at him. His face once again turned cold and expressionless jas he walked past them all. " See you in the morning." He said as he headed into the shower.

He took his shirt off and froze for a moment. He turned to look at the tattoo in the mirror " I will destroy you and all your kind, even if I go with you." he whisperd to the mark on his back, as if communicating with the creature inside. He felt it burn as he said that " So, now your scared, or are mad?" he could hear someone outside the door. he coudn't quite make out who though, but at the time he didn't care who it was. He stepped under the shower head and turned on the water. He stood perfectly still with freezing cold water running down his face and chest. He stayed there locked in his own mind.

Dante looked at Katrina. "Have you tired smiling, I heard it is very good for the body" He saw the look on the her face and held up his hands. "I was just saying" He turned and headed out of the room. "You still look as cute when I last saw you" He lit a cigeratte and set the lighter on the table. "For letting me use yours back at the school" He walked out and into his room. He went over to the balcony and sat down thinking about Katrina. "Pretty sure once I got to know her, she's probably the sweetest thing. But she's fina as hell"

Jory was leaning on the rail trying to porcess waht Kyle had told her, she wasn't hurt or confused she understood, she had a feeling that she knew Kyle she didn't know from where, that was why they made a good team she geussed. But she was hurt her-self, he had been her lover at one point and she had forgotten him, no wounder he hadn't wanted to tell her. She came from her trance of thinking as Dante walked up to her.
"You see troubled Jory."
"No shit."
He chuckled and took a drag on hi ciggeratte, she sighed and took it from him and took a short drag her-self and gave it back.
"I quit a long time ago but I needed that."
"Nerves?"
"Kind of, I just learned that I had a past I knew nothing about....Dante, what would you do if you found out you had realtions with a person adn forgot them?"
"Well in my opoion you never really forget a person Jory, just that you knew them."
She looked at him and glaced at his guns.
"I had those modifyed by the way."
He looked at her.
"How so?"
"When you died I had them take it and curse them, then give them a holy barre;, the bullets will come out and exploded as soon as they hit the dark of the eatters, lethal to a falt."
"Thanks."
She sighed and nodded, she turned and headed away, she was going to go talk to Kyle.
"Hey Jory."
she looked back.
"Trust your insticts, and your heart."
He waved back as he left and she smiled and nodded. Not long after she knocked on Kyle's door, he opened it looking weak and troubled.
"Kyle, I think I need to talk...I knid of ran off on you back there but I needed time to think."
"You were eith Dante."
"What do you mean?"
"You smell like cigerttes."
"I was being counseled by the stubborn ass."
She pushed her way in seeing he wasn't going to invite her in on his own. She sat on his bed and lay back sighing, he shook his head, she was always open like that. Not careing what others thought.
"Jory-"
"Look I may not remember everything but I have these dreams of where I'm with a person, I never see his face but I'm happy, and I know it's you now...Dante told me that you never really forget a person, maybe how they look but not them entirely...I think he's right because I knew that I knew you, I was just never sure how. Now I know..."
she sat up and drew her knees to her, he recgonized this, she did it when she was nervous or scared, she had often come to him and drew up like this against his chest and had him comfort her.
"Jory, are you scared?"
"No, nervous...Nervous that you gave up...I want to remember...I want you to help me."
He sighed and sat down next to her putting his arms around her and holding her close. She relaxed a little and then all the way.
"It's not that easy."
"We have a little time while everyone gets geared and modified. I am myslef."
"I know but it really isn't that easy Jory..."
"Please. I want you to help me Kyle. I've felt so empty lately, ever since I met you I felt likt a piece of me was missing anf now I know why. It hurt when you told me I didn't remember you....becasue I knew you weren't lieing to me."
she buried her face in his chest and took in his scent sighing.
"Please?"

James emerged from the shower seeming refreshed. As he returned to his room the PA system came on " Attention all agents this is an urgent message. There has been a report of a Chaos eater related incident 5 miles north. All available agents are to report to the deployment station on the first floor. I repeat all Agents report to the first floor. James ran to his room to prepare. He put on a new shirt, his twin blades, hid trench coat, grabbed a dozen shuriken, and finally pulled out a long sword wraped in an old rag " haven't used you in a while" He murmmerd to himself. He took his things and ran straight toward the door and down the hall.

As he reached the first floor slowly but surely everyone else came shortly there after with Jory and Kyle last to come. Kean stepped forward " LISTEN UP!!! This is a high danger mission. Never before have the eaters acted so openly. We have to prepare for the worst. This may be the final attack. They are slowly inroute here. Clearly they haved figured us out." Dante sounded in " Maybe they had help." as he glanced at James. Noone else stepped up in his defence, though James expected no different. Kean continued " Whatever the case maybe, they are coming and we have to destroy them. This is not a voluntary mission, all registerd agents are required to particpate. Now, you will be transportd to the heart of the trouble via helicopter. Upon arrival, you will not only kill every eater you come across, you will also help all civilians you find and search out the source. If and when you find the source, instead of engaging contact HQ and prepare the area for our arrival, understood." Everyone "YES SIR" "Good, move out."

James approached Kean speaking softly " Do you think this is it?" Kean looked at James " I'm afraid it might be." when suddenly Katrina and Tenjo came up and Katrina said " We'll be going to" Kean turned in shock " are you trying to bark orders at me..." James cut him off " It's Okay. Send them with me and Dante, we'll look after them." Kean still a little upset " Okay, but this is on you James if we end up with two dead civilians okay." "understood." James turned and took them to the helicopter. He turned to them one more time and said " [B]Here we go[/B]."

Katrina couldn?t sleep before, she didn?t know why. It wasn?t as if there were a million thoughts running through her head or butterflies in her stomach. Just?I don?t know. She was staring at the wall with a lit cigarette, having thanked Dante?s back before, not knowing if he had heard her or not. Who knows how long it was before the announcement came, and everyone was in a commotion again. She didn?t have to pack much.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?You know, this whole ?final battle? thing isn?t too cheery of a concept?? [/COLOR] Katrina said to James. He gave her a really stern look back. Apparently this wasn?t the time for it. So she sat in silence for a moment. Five miles wasn?t going to be a very long distance.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Sorry I sort of missed much of that speech before. If they are heading in one general direction, most likely the source is going to be at the back of the onslaught. However, I could be wrong. Going cold turkey over here. But if they?re fanning out, it should be at the central pivot point. ? [/COLOR] She wasn?t an expert or anything, and people probably already knew what she just said. Her eyes silently apologized for how bossy she must sound.

They were almost there and she had to make this quick, just in case. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Ok, I?m a complete newbie in this situation, and have a very high chance of not coming back. I just wanna say thanks for everything.? [/COLOR]

Ok, maybe that just made everything worse with the awkward silence. She quickly tilted her head down, arms resting on her legs and eyes staring at her feet. This was it. At least now she made it clear that it wasn?t no blind action. She was indeed aware of the life risks.

Dante noticed Katrina's expression as he chack his weapons. He had raided the armory and grabbed all kinds of new bullets but was thankful for the improvments that Jory made. After he was done he lit another cigeratte then sat next to Katrina and handed her one. He lit it for her after she took it. "Just stay by me and you will be safe, I promise" He brushed a strand of hair from her face. "So tell me a little about yuorself or any questions you might have?

OOC: I just got to ask to try to slow things down guys. Some of us have angles that are going to take more than one post to take care of and if you keep rushing ahead we will miss out on a lot of background and stuff. Anyways if that does continue the violaters WILL be killed off.

[B]Back in my room[/B]

So many things felt wrong about what she was asking of him. Of coarse it would never be easy. He would basically have to go through everything he had gome through with her again if he ever wanted it to feel like it did again without it being extremely hard. With everything the way it was that may not be possible. They could all die soon if the Chaos Eaters continue to grow in strength. "Jory I know you are yourself, but..."

"But what?" She looked at his face and saw all of the confusion and conflict in it.

"Jory are you certain that you want this? I need to make sure that you are. I rather you be comfortable then have to put you through anything that could hurt you."

"Kyle do whatever needs to be done. I need you to help me."

Kyle sighed a little and felt a wave of both gloom and hope fall over him. Gloom because of what he planned on doing. Hope because of what he wanted it to accomplish. He stood up and went over to his door. He slowly turned the lock and looked back to Jory. "This is your last chance."

"I'm not leaving."

"Alright." He came back over to the bed and sat back down next to her. He look at her and remembered again all of his past with her. He knew this was the same girl. He knew that he would still love her. So he just did it.

He pressed his lips to hers and hoped she wouldn't pull away.

Jory closed her eyes and let her body relaxe and felt her heart jump a beat. She leaned into him pressing her lips to his as well. She sighed and broke the kiss pressing her forehead to his, she chuckled lightly blushing.
"...wow...was it always that nice?"
She moved her hand to rest on his and moved her thumb over the top of his hand gently.
"I never asked you how this made you feel, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable...you don't have to do this Kyle..I never even considered how it would make you feel..."
She looked at him and put her face in his shoulder and sighed again.
"I want to remember, I do...because it hurts me to know that I was so close to you and forgot....Kyle...what exactly happened between you and me? And what exactly happned to make me forget?"
she looked at him and saw the look in his eyes and looked down.
"You don't have to tell me, you know that, if it's to hard for you...I understand."
She kissed his cheek and blushed as he turned his head and met his lips with her's, she felt her heart jump again and held back a smile, knowing that she would remember sooner or later...these feelings couldn't be so strong and be new...

"It is hard." Kyle said, "But you deserve to know." He smiled as he became more comfortable with the situation. The smile on her face and willingness to give in to the emotions made him feel like he was more in the presance of the girl that did remember him.

"As far as how this makes me feel. Well I feel confused really. Torn between what to do and what not to do. I just figure that whatever does happen will happen and that's that."

He felt her grip on his hand tighten a little and he squeezed a bit as a response.

"So how we met. Well that's a story all in it's own, but I'll give you the short version. I was working solo for a while when I ran into a creature that I needed backup on. You were my backup. You came and together we destroyed the Eater. HQ was so impressed with our ability to work together they said they wanted to send us out together as a team. We would be one of a only a few. That's how we came to work together. We became friends really quickly. And as we worked together it just grew. Sometimes we would save each others butt. In the end we would always go out to eat afterwords. One time we both nearly got it from this massive creature and we were hurt very badly. I was worse than you. After you got better you came to visit me. We talked for a while and the conversations turned very serious. I think then we realized we liked each other because you just came down and kissed me. We kissed for the first time then. It was so wonderful. Everything just went from that. We eventually even... consented to each other."

"So we had sex."

"Yes. We were lovers. Then you were sent out on a single mission. The one time they do this and the bus that was taking you to the town is bombed. A lot of people died and I was so glad to hear that you weren't, but you sustained massive head trauma. When you came to they told me you had lost a lot of your memory. You didn't remember who I was and I was devistated. I asked to work alone from then on to keep from having to go through the pain and keep you from the pain."

"Oh..." She looked away.

"You look like you are a little overwhelmed." He brought a hand up to her face and turned her head back to face him. "Jory I know it's a lot, but I will help you. I promise I will." He leaned in and kissed her again. They fell back onto the bed and began to enjoy the experience more and more getting caught up in what they knew they once had.

Jory was alittle overwhelmed but she was smileing, she knew it was the truth, she remebered the accident, before that nothing, but she remembered the explosion. And she blinked as she remebered a name.
"Cursors...that was the resturant we always went to..."
He looked down at her and smiled, he nodded.
"Your right."
She smiled and yanked him down to lay beside her. She cuddled to him and kissed his neck lightly smileing as he sighed and squirmed alittle.
"Tickle?"
"In a way..."
She blushed and sat up on her elbow looking at him, her cheeks flushed and her top teeth worrieing her bottom lip. She leaned down and kissed him softly, it was slow and he could feel her nervousness behind it. He realized than that this was in a way new to her, since him she had been with no one else. She pulled back and blinked as she found understanding in his eyes.
"Kyle-"
"I know."
She nodded and lay down on her back looking at the ceiling and closed her eyes, she fel t his weight shift and opened her eyes to see him leaning over her smileing.
"What?"
"I know why your so nervous...your basicly a virgin."
She blinked and frowned slightly, a smile on her lips.
"Your crude."
He laughed lightly and bent down covering her mouth with his kissing her slowly, she let out a light moan and put one hand on his cheek.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Garet had gone back to his room and actully was able to try to sleep, he fell asleep and had a dreamless sleep. And it was peaceful, until he heard a knock on the door. He groaned and slowly got out of his bed, he found his clothes and put them on. Also taking his knives with him, just in case it was Kain. He opened his door and saw it was Darren and Garet relaxed he leaned up against the wall and looked at Darren.
[B]
"What do you want Darren?"[/B] Darren smiled and beckond him to follow, Garet stepped out and followed as he and Darren walked. They walked for a few moments in silence when Garet asked the question again.
[B]
"Again, what do you want?"[/B] Darren smiled.
[B]
"I've come to ask if you really meant what you said towards Kain."[/B] Garets face went dark.
[B]
"I meant every word."[/B]
[B]
"So you plan on killing him?"[/B]
[B]
"Yes, I do"[/B] Darren's face turned serious and he stopped in the hall and turned aroudn to face Garet.
[B]
"So, you plan on killing Kain. What will you do when you do?"[/B] Garet thought for a moment then just shrugged.

[B]"I guess I would have to retire."

"But where would you go Garet. You don't have anyone. Your family died years ago, you have never been involved with anyone since you took this job. You would totally be alone if you did."[/B] Garet just shrugged again.

[B]"I guess I would have to just roam around then."[/B] Darren shook his head.
[B]
"Garet, I only have one question for you. Why do you hate Kain so much? And I know it has nothing to do with him trying to decommisoning you."[/B] Garet sighed and started walking, Darren walking next to him not leaving until he got his answer.

[B]"Well?"

"Well, I hate him because of what he did when I worked with him. You remember how we worked well together, we were good partners. We were fast and efficient, we did everything in a few days."

"Yes, I know."

"Well, I hate him because of what he's willing to do to kill just one Eater. He was willing to give up an entire family just to catch one Eater."

"And who was the family Garet?" Breathed deeply, Garet looked down at the floor.

"It was mine."

"So that's why all your family is dead. Even your youngest sister shouldn't have died unless it was unnatural."[/B] Garet tightened his hands to the point where his knuckles turned white.

[B]"Yes, he did it without my knowledge. I didn't learn of this attrosity until it was to late. He let my family be slaughtered by a Cahos Eater as he waited for an opportune moment to strike." [/B]Garet looked back at Darren with a little bit of tears in his eyes, he wipped them away quickly.
[B]
"So you see why I hate that bastered. So Darren, I am going to request that you do not get in my way when it comes down to me an Kain."[/B] Darren was about to reject the request but thought about it a little more. He then nodded.
[B]
"Good, now lets go see whats happenining since I kicked the crap out of Kain."[/B] Garet said with a smile, Darren laughed a little and they started to walk.[/SIZE][/COLOR]-

Dante overheard and started laughing as he came around the corner. "So this Kain person is the oppostie of me basiclly"

Garet nodded. "When it comes down to it. Yeah"

Dante sniffed and looked around then punched the wall with his left hand causing it to crumble.

Kain was standing on the other side in the break room getting some food. "What the hell? Dante, the administrators are going to here about this"

Dante grabbed Kain by the shirt and picked him off the ground then set him in front of Garet. He grabbed two chairs from the break room and set them against the wall. "Front row seats, care to join Darren?" He got a drink and a sandwich then sat down. "I haven't seen a good fight in a while."

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Garet cracked his neck and his knuckles as Kain just stared at him with a smug look on his face.
[B]
"Your going to fight me? Right here? In the break room?"[/B] Garet didn't say anything he just gave him a cold stare after he finished his knuckle cracking. He balled up his fist and stood in a ready position, Kain chuckled.

[B]
"Ha, your insane Garet. You could never beat me, I am in the more advance levels of fighting Garet Jax."[/B] Garet didn't say anything, he just stood there waiting for him to get his fists up. Kain sighed and set his food and drink down, he then looked over to Dante and Darren.
[B]
"You two will be the witnesses to this fight. You will also see who the best really is."[/B] He turned back to Garet when suddenly a fist came straight for his face, bashed him a good one. He stumbled backwards with his hand over his left cheek, Kains anger was now showing in his face. He attacked irrasonally, letting Garet avoid easily he just brought up an upper cut in his jaw sending Kain to the ground, before Kain even had a chance to get back up Garet brought his foot down on his chest. He removed it and moved back, waiting for Kain to stand back up, he staggered and swayed but Kain stood up straight. Kains left eye was now swelling up and his face looked plumper then it did before and red, Garet smiled a little, but it faded after a moment.

Kain was now in a better stance for fighting, Garet didn't really care, he was just doing fine wiht beating up Kain. Kain suddenly moved quicker then he expected and his knee was brought up into Garets stomach, forcing him to double over, he lost his breath for moment. Then he brought his elbow down on his back and Garet fell to the floor with great force, he was sprawled on the floor as Kain started kicking him in the side. Garet groaned with each hit, Dante and Darren had looks of worry on their faces, this fight was getting out of control quickly, then as it seemed Garet was going to get his ribs broken in. He grabbed Kains leg and yanked him down, Kain came tumbling down.

Garet stood up with Kains ankle in his hand, he dragged Kain across the floor and slid him into a wall, he then jumped on top o fKain and started to pumle him wiht his fists. Beating him in the face and torso, with cuts opening up on Kains face with each blow. His face was growing more swollen by the second, after about a minute of Garet furiously pounding in Kains face, he picked him up and smashed him against a wall.

He held him their with one hand and drew a knife in another, he stabbed the knife through Kains shoulder and Kain yelled with pain, Garet drew another on in the other hand and stabbed it through his other shoulder. Pinning Kain to the wall painfully and with blood now slowly running down the wall, Garet walked backwards with his face partly swollen and his hands, arms, and ribs were now sore and brusied, he pointed at Kain.

[B]"Have fun with that Kain."[/B] He said as he turned mid stride and then fell from the effort, Dante and Darren rushed over and picked him. He whisperd to Darren to take care of Kain, basically asking him to not leave him pinned on the wall with his knives through him. Darren understood and walked over to Kain. Dante started speaking to Garet.
[B]
"Let's go get you fixed up in the infirmary shall we?"[/B] Garet just nodded as he dropped down breathing deeply. Dante was carring Garet out the break room and to the infirmary, remembering the fight and how it was the best he had seen in awhile. He chuckled lightly as he and Garet slowly trugged to the infirmary.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Katrina sat in a folding chair, staring blankly at the wall on the other side of the room. She sighed, moving her chair closer to the wall and used it as leverage to lean the chair back so she was looking comfortably at the corner of the ceiling.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?So?bored.?[/COLOR]

Katrina leaned back just a little too far. Crash. Her head hit the floor as her upper back banged against the back of the fallen chair. Quickly maneuvering so she was sitting cross-legged on the floor, Katrina lightly rubbed the back of her head. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Ow,?[/COLOR] she said unenthusiastically. [I]'Maybe I?ll go for a walk?'[/I] So she did.

It wasn?t long until she stumbled upon Garet, Dean, Dante, and Kain. Interesting. She stood a few feet away in a corner leaning sideways against a wall to watch in silence as the confrontation with Kain progressed. [I]'That?s gonna be a pain?'[/I]she thought noticing the blood trailing on the wall from Kain?s wounds. As Dante passed her with Garet she said, [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Let me guess. Total scumbag?"[/COLOR]