OtakuBoards

Chaos Eaters: The Outbreak Begins [M-LVS]

bogger3k

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Garet walked through the abandoned wearhous, his bow drawn with an arrow nocked in the string. He walk in the dark halls, treeding carfully as to make to much noise. He could hear the slight sound of creatuers walking and roaming around, their claws scraping against the hard wood floors. He could also hear faint screeches and screams, he knew that was a bad sign, about 10 minutes into his walking he figured James had already left.

He swiftly turned around and saw an Eater, standing at the end of the hall looking straight at him. Drool dripped slowly from it's mouth, it's teeth exposed to Garet. Each one razor shapr and could easily take off his arm, Garet and the Eater had a stare down. He held his bow up and pulled the arrow by the tail, and took aim wiht one eye.
[B]
"I need to kill it before he warns the others."[/B] To late. The monster screamed a horrible cry, reverberating through the rooms and halls of the wearhouse.
[B]
"Shit!"[/B] Garet released and the arrow his the Eater square in the head, killing it instantly. He suddenly heard sreeches behind him and turned to see a group of Eaters coming straight for him. Garet turned back and bolted down the hall, trying to out run the monsters, they were gaining speed and shortining the distance between him and their fangs.

As he ran he pulled out three hours and nooked them, he turned to face them and shot them off, hitting three of out the five that were chasing him. He dropped his bow and drew his knives.
[I]
Just a little closer.[/I] Garet said to himself, the Eaters were right on top of him as he heard a familair voice scream his name. He slashed down the two Eaters and looked around cautiously.
[B]
"Where is that coming from?"[/B] He covered his knives and picked up his bow, an arrow in the string.
[B]
"I'm running out of arrorws."[/B] He said to himself, he made his way back down stairs. Running into more trouble along the way, ten Eaters chased him this time, he was sprinting away from them. Keeping a good distance between them, but he was starting to slow down and he was breathing hard, he didn't know how much longer he could keep running.

He ended up having to throw the arrow in his bow and throwing his bow! He didn't like having to do that, but he knew that it could always be re-made. He was he threw another arrow hitting one in the leg causing it to stumble forcing three or four Eaters to fall with it. Garet saw it and smiled slightly.
[I]
Ok only 6 more.[/I] He kept running, after a moment one of the Eaters had sudden increase in speed and lunged for him. Tackling Garet to the floor, they tumbled as they fought in a mess of blood and flesh. They hit a wall sharply and both lie on the ground motionless, the other Eaters stood their looking at the bodys.

A moment later Garet stood up with a thick stream of blood flowing down his left arm and a small trail of blood from the side of his head slowly dirrping down his face and to the floor. The Eaters growled and saw he was crippled, they moved in slowly, Garet was breathing harshly and had one knife in his right hand.
[B]
"This might be the end for you."[/B] Garet said softly to himself, he had his head down with a smile on his face.

[B]"At least I'll take some of you with me."[/B] He suddenly heard soemthing fly through the air and hit two Eaters causing them to collapse, the others looked to see what it was. Garet looked as well, he saw James. He sighed and smiled bigger.
[B]
"Good timing, though I would be dead."[/B] Garet said as he made his way over to James, he smiled back.
[B]
"Not today."[/B] The eaters slowly made their aproach when James and Garet sprinted out the door, the Eaters paused for a moment, but shortly they chased after them. Garet and James had to hope on to James Harley, Garet couldn't drive do to his arm and his wozzyness.
[B]
"Let's move."[/B] Garet said as he tried to stay awake. James hit the throttle and his Harley reved, he peeled out and they were off the Eaters watching them drive off into the dark. They howled in the night and the whole wearhouse came alive with the creatuers, sporuting from windows and abandonded rooms, slowly crawling out of there home.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dante's head buzzed. He had heard the call for help form the eater and had delayed it form getting to most of the eaters there. He heard their screams which meant Garet and James had gotten away. He saw Katrina. "Let's get you to your new house and get you some fresh clothes" She folkowed him out to the garage and Dante opened the door to a black 68 Corvette with white racing stripes, a large spoiler on the back and large tires as well as other modifcations. "I prefer cars over motorcycles. You go faster" He closed her door and climbed in. He started it up and turned on the radio. The bass caused the garage to vibrate and several of the other car's windows to shatter. "That is the reason why I have plexiglass" He pressed on the gas, the car's exhaust making a deep roar and peeled out into the street. He raced along the streets at Katrina called out directions. He slid around corner after corner until he got to where she lived. "Here you go" He opened her door and leaned against the car as she walked to the front door.

James wheeled into the garage as a black corrvette raced past them. He helpd Garet off his bike and took a close look at his arm. " That could get infected." Garet looked at him a little concerned. James simply looked up " Don't worry, I can draw out the infection. Just hold still for a moment." James rolled up his sleeve and began to chant incohieriently. the wound began to release a black smoke and the blood on his arm drew back into the wound as it began to seal itself. Garet looked at him amazed " How did you do that?" James looked at the ground " That thing on my back can draw infection out of people. Part of my punishment." Garet looked at him for a moment and looked at the ground to " I'm sorry man." James looked up " For what? You did nothing wrong, it's just my problem. If I can use it to help, even a little bit, then maybe I can repent." James stood up and went baack to his Harley. " Where you going?" Garet said curiously " Did you see that corrvette? There heading toward trouble. You've lost to much blood to help. Don't worry I'll get them and be back before sunrise." James mounted his bike and hesitated " The real fight is just about to begin. Or so he tells me." Garet looking puzzled " Who's..." It was to late James fired up the the engine and peeled out and roared away after the corrvette.

Katrina walked up the brick steps to her house, and pulled out her keys. The house key was on a small key ring, one of a pewter dragon wrapped around a crescent shape. One hand on the doorknob, she turned halfway to look back at Dante. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?You can come in you know,?[/COLOR] she said.

Once inside, she threw her keys on the nearby counter, walking across the bright living room to the hallway. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Alright. I?m going to go upstairs and take a [I]real[/I] shower?? [/COLOR] lifting her wrist and glancing at an imaginary watch she said, [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Give me 15 minutes, tops.? [/COLOR] Dante gave her a disbelieving look. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?I?m serious,?[/COLOR] She called back from the staircase.

True to her word, Katrina was back downstairs dressed in black jeans, and a dark blue t-shirt that had a grey brush print of a crescent moon shape. Her hair was tied back in the red ribbon, and her contacts were now silver. ?I told you,? she grinned. She couldn?t help it. She liked Dante. Her gaze was caught by something outside the window, and her expression changed drastically. Dante saw, and glanced at the window behind him; the thing was gone. ?What?? He asked.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Nothing, it was nothing,? [/COLOR] Katrina said with a small, strained smile. That?s when she spotted James pulling up to the curb. He was looking a little tense. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Uh oh, think we?re in trouble??[/COLOR] she asked pointing.

Dante drew both guns and walked up the stairs and kicked the door to Katrina's room in. An eater was slimbing through the window. Dante smiled and held up oone of his pistols. "Gotcha" The eater looked up at him and stopped as Dante put a bullet through its head. The eater hit the ground dead. One less voice in his head out of millions. Dante walked downstairs and went to the front door and opened it. "Get whatever you need and lets go." Katrina went out the door and got into his car. Dante walked over to James. "I can handle myself and how can you tell what they are doing and everything. I don't see an infected thing on you anywhere" Dante revealed his arm which was black with red lines here and there.

James turned his back to Dante and hiked up his shirt revealing the black tatoo on his back " This is tatoo allows me to hear, sense, and even communicate with eaters. It also allows me to find non-eaters, though I can't hear them like I hear the eaters." Dante looked at him for a second " Fine, whatever." James put his shirt back down and looked back at Dante.

As they all headed back to there vehicles and prepared to leave James picked up a strange disturbance. He turned to Dante " Did you feel that?" Dante turned his head slowly " Yeah, I did.". Katrina came running downstairs with a small bag with clothes prepared to leave. James and Dante remained still, trying to find the source of the disturbance which was getting stronger. James looked at Dante " It's coming." Dante without turning " I know." Katrina stared on " What's coming? What are you talking about?" James and Dante gave no response to her irratation.

James turned one last time to Dante " This is why I came. Not because I thought you couldn't defend yourself, but because no one could defend themselves alone out here for long." katrina looking at James angrily " Hey, I'm here to you know." He paid her no mind. Suddenly a large eater appeared from around the building, but it wasn't the eater that caused James concern it was the figure standing on it's shoulder. It was unmistakable, that's why we couldn't hear it's thoughts it had none. It was just a puppet being lead by the creature. James looking very worried " We are in deep shit man."

Dante smiled as he opened the car door for Katrina. "I don't belive you. as far as I know you could be an eater too." He closed the door and went around to the other side. "Have fun with your pal cause I really don't fell like fighting right now" He peeled out in reveres then burned his tires as he took off down the road. "You can try to kill me someother time" He slide around the corner.

Katrina stared at him. "You are just going to leave him?"

Dante nodded. "Something always bothered me about him. I think he is just trying to get us all killed. Communicate with eaters and sense noneaters my ass." He lit a cigarette and handed the pack to Katrina. "There is no way a tattoo can do that" He rubbed his arm. "I don't see why having this is so special, having voices inside my head never leaveing me alone" He slid around another turn and pulled into the garage. "Alright looks like we are back, sorry about all that. But I know how to make it up to you"

James watched them leave "thank god there safe now." The creature laughed again "You think this made a difference. they'll still die, but first for your impudence you shall be punished." Eater made another go for James who rolled under it's arm. The eater doulbled it's arm back and tried again this time grazing James. The creature looked down with a smile " You should have let things go and you wouldn't have to suffer, but I guess this couldn't be helped. You need to learn that I am your only ally." As the creature screamed this at him the eater jumped forward and tried to smash James flat against the concrete. This was much to the creature amusement " You told him noone could survive this place alone, yet here you are trying and failing. And why are you failing? Because you refuse to use your power. Fine I'll just smash it out of you." the eater made another move for James. Finally James snapped. The air grew black, then a light then nothing.

When James awoke the eater layed on the ground both cut and heavily burned. However the creature was now gone. James could here the eaters thoughts again. It was still hateful, angry, and willing to fight even on the cusp of death. James drew his blades and scalped the crippled beast. It fell dead. Then the voice again, James searched franticly for it, but soon realized thatt really their anymore " You see how easy it was when you used it. Just give me a little longer, then you will be ready." It faded into silence. james still filled with anger walked over to his bike and got back on. James peeled out and looked at the road ahead " Time to head back. We are still in some shit." James revved once and sped away.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?I think if James really wanted us dead?that wouldn?t have gone as it did.? [/COLOR] Katrina lit a cigarette herself; mentally laughing at how one day she?ll be an old lady with emphysema if cancer won?t kill her first. She handed the pack back to Dante.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?I?d believe it. That is, some of it at least. When you factor in that he?s the start of all this, it could tilt either way.? [/COLOR] She shrugged, grabbing her pack and stepping out of the car. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Well, you?re still alive, right? Wait, if you can hear the voices...maybe they could hear you too?? [/COLOR] She asked curiously. It was a random question, yes. Katrina?s stomach chose that exact moment to remind her that she hadn?t eaten anything since before school. If the world were animated, she would have had one of those little sweatdrops on the back of her head. She quickly changed the subject. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Sorry for what??[/COLOR] She sure as hell didn?t feel like there was anything about that situation to apologize about.

James pulled into the warehouse filled with doubt. 'Am I doing the right thing or am I really hurting them by being here' this thought played through his head over and over again. He shock his head and walke on to the elevator and decended to the lower level. When he reached the bottom he found Kean, Darren, and Garet waiting for him. Darren walked up to him " So are you trying to die or are you to stupid to turn your back on a fight where the odds are stacked against you?" James didn't know how to respond to that so he said nothing. Kean stepped forward " Just curious, if you were willing to beg for our help then why don't you ever use it by listening to us?" James started to feel like he was being scolded by his parents and just simply didn't reply. Finally Garet come forward " So I'm to injured to help and coming would be stupid, but fighting a three story eater by yourself makes perfect sense." they all walked up to him then Darren said " this is for your own good." then they each slammed him once in the stomach. Garet looked at him "Start asking for help." James layed on the ground for a minute, not from the punches but from the ribs he broke in the fight earlier. James stook back up and left quickly, just below a running pace.

He went right to the showers. He started to cough up blood for a minute, then suddenly stopped. He wiped the floor clean and left the shower quickly. he passed Katrina in the hall way, she turned to try to talk to him " Hey, how are you feeling?" James didn't answer he just walked straight into his room and locked the door behind him.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Garet was lieing in the garage, blood stained his jeans and shirt. He stood up and started walking towards the elevator, he hit the button and let his arm drop to his side, the button had a finger print of blood on it. He looked at it, seeing his life pass his very eyes.

An odd place to have a life revelation, but he had cheated death enough times for it to finally kick in. He saw his childhood, the happiness and the joy, the hours of playing and nonsense. He saw his school years, elementary school, middle school and high school.

He remembred how normal it was and how much he had regreted it, at those times he hated his normal life, he wanted excitment and adventure. A year later after high school he got it. He snapped back into reality as he heard the ding on the elevator, he stepped in and pushed the button down.

[B]"I think I'm going crazy."[/B] Garet said to himself, a slight smile across his face. While he was in the elevator it jerk quickly, Garet stumbling and getting back up.
[B]
"What the hell was that?"[/B] Garet said as he looked around the elevator, a second later it dropped one floor and halted. Again Garet lost balance. Stumbling and standing up straight again.
[B]
"Ok this is ridiculas."[/B] Garet poped open the hatch at the roof of the elevator only to see a dark figuer stand next to the wire, gripping it tightly. A hallow smile across the dark faced figuer.

[B]"You aren't needed to do anything, you are trash, you should die."[/B] The dark figuers voice filled with evil and darkness, it loosened his grip and the elevator jerked.
[B]
"What the fuck are you doing?"[/B] Garet yelled, he didn't care the figuer looked unfamiliar or that he shouldn't have even been on the top of the elevator. Garet jumped on top with a knife in his hand.
[B]
"What the fuck are you doing here." [/B]The dark figuer continued to smile, hold on to the elevator.

[B]"You are useless in our plans, you should have died in the wearhouse. But he persistes in keeping you trash alive."[/B] Garet knew what he was talking about, James. James had come for him in the wearhouse, he would of died if he hadn't of come. Garet was now standing half and arms length away with a knife in his hand.
[B]
"If you let go of that wire, we both die."[/B] The figuer touched Garets shirt with four fingers and bured right through it, its nails touching Garets flesh. A sick hiss of flesh burning and blistering came from under his shirt, Garet tried to withdraw but could not move. The figuer moving it's face close to Garets.

[B]"Stay out of the war little one."[/B] It removed its fingers from Garets chest, its face still remained up close to his.

[B]"You have been warned."[/B] The wicked voice reverberated off the elevator shaft, the creatuer released and the elevator dropped. Garet screamed on the way down, the creatuer laughing as he fell to his death.

Garet shot up as he was sitting up on his medical room bed, he looked around and patted himself down to make sure he was still alive. Garet looked around and saw a nurse walking around, he called her over.

[B]"Nurse, how did I survive the drop in the elevator?"[/B] The nurse looked awkwardly at him.
[B]
"Drop in the elevator? The elevator didn't drop, we found you passed out on the floor. You were lieing in your own blood, we did find odd wounds on your chest but we patched those up."[/B] Garet looked down and saw a huged wrap around his chest, he tore it off and saw four indents in his skin, black marks were around the wound. Like it had been burned with a clawed tipped poker, Garet touched them. He looked back at the nurse.
[B]
"Thank you that will be all."[/B] The nurse nodded and walked away. Garet went back to the indents, he rubbed one finger around the slwoly.

[I]This is impossible, there is no way that creatuer was real.[/I] Garet said to himself as he went over his new scars[/SIZE].[/COLOR]

James sat quietly in his room, he could hear the creature talking to im but was to tired to act on it. It was as if something was sapping his strenght, he barely had enough energy to breath. " My, you silly little boy. Your friends are quiet resilliant aren't they. I tried to warn that one you pulled from the warehouse, but I don't think he'll back down. Which means I'll have to kill him.' James used all his strength to try to move, but he could barely move the tips of his fingers. The creature simply laughed "Your so determined, I must say I admire that. You fight though you know you can't win. Don't worry, soon it will begin and you won't have to worry about your sad little friends anymore." The voice laughed and slowly faded.

Once it was gone it was as if a great pressure had been lifted from his chest. James could breath clearly again and he could move. James sat in fear and amazment not knowing when the creature might make it's move. Suddenly a knock on his door " Hey James. It's me Garet. I need to ask you something, can I come in? James looked to the door trying to regain his composure "Sure come on in." the door opens and Garet enters with an inquisitive look on his face "Hey, I wanted to ask if you had experience anything weird in the last hour?" James curiously "How so?" Garet continued " I had a weird dream. You were involved. It wanted to kill me and it said you should have let me die in the warehouse like you were suppose to." James grew nervous 'Had the creature made it's first move on someone else' he thought " What did it look like?" Garet went on " I didn't actually see it's face, just a silihouette and an unfamiliar voice." James knew now that the creature was becoming bolder to directly assault another person. James continued to play it cool "I think your just having a rough time and these nightmares are just a result of your injuries and stress. Don't worry about it." Garet "Okay" He gave James a strange look as he left. maybe he could tell James was leading him on, hopefully he didn't know much. James sat there for a moment and finally laid down and went to sleep, hoping the morning would be better.

James saw a light, an emty space eith no life. An empty void where all life failed to exist. Then there was a laugh. He was surrounded by this voice " Welcome to your dream. This is the world that could be. Do you like it?" It was the creature, there was no question. But this voice was different, it was comforting. So familar, like someone holding on to him. His worries drained away into the void " Don't you enjoy this? We could live in this solace forever. True uphoria is here. I'll help you make this world. Soon we will be here forever." The voice said in a reasuring and loving tone. James heart was filled with unexplainable joy. James looked into the light of the void "Who are you? Why do i feel this way here?" A light chuckle filled the void, still very comforting " All will be known soon. First I have business, but soon we'll be together." James listened as it faded away. This was not the voice of evil this, made no sense. James rose from his bed in a slow motion as he came back to consiousness. He almost felt like he was in pain, he wanted that uphoria to return to him. What did this mean? " am I really trying to destroy the world" He said in the darkness. James didn't get anymore sleep that night.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?Yea, I?m coming,?[/COLOR] Katrina said nonchalantly. She walked up to Dante, a look on her face as if she really was going to hit him. Just before she would have punched him she stopped, instead walking passed him and leading the way out of the garage. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]?No, I?m not going to hit you,?[/COLOR] she called back without turning around. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"I?m in the mood for a walk. You can come with if you want.? [/COLOR] Without waiting for an answer, Katrina walked away succumbing to her own bit of wanderlust.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Garet had left James room and made his way to his, he sat himself on his bed, the lights off and a knife twirling between his fingers. Thinking of the creatuer, the burns on his chest. He still thought it was impossible that this creatuer was not real, or that it could even sneak into the compund without anything knowing.

When he talked to James, Garet didn't believe what James had said about it being a nightmare. Dreams were never that real, they never left marks on your body or spoke to you in such a horrible mannor.

[B]"I told you to stay out of the war trash." [/B]Garet heard a voice in the darkness of his room, he looked around and saw the shadow again, the same hallow smile and wicked voice.

[B]"You thing I'm going to leave this war because you haunt my dreams?"[/B] Garet stood up and faced the shadow.

[B]"Well your wrong, I won't leave."

"Then you shall die."[/B] It helds it hand out and Garet could feel his chest starting to cave in, he yelled with the pain. His head shot up as he noticed his dagger on the floor, he had fallen asleep while sitting on his bed. He took deep breaths trying to collect himself, when he breathed he could feel his lungs were sore and his chest felt like it was pressed down by a heavy weight, then removed.

Garet had had enough of this monster, he knew James knew something of the beast and he was going to find out. Garet walked out of his dark room and head to James, he knocked on the door, he heard rustling from inside then James opened the door.

[B]"Garet. Can I help you?"[/B] Garet looked him staright in the eyes.
[B]
"We need to talk, I know you know more about this creatuer then your willing to share. But it attacked me again in my sleep, I need to know what I can about this thing before I go back to sleep."[/B] James sighed and lowered his head, he lifted it back up with a kind smile on his face.

[B]"Alright come in."[/B] Garet stepped into James rom and seat himself down waiting for James explantion.[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

James was hard pressed on what to say to Garet, I mean he hardly knew anything. He cleared his head and began to explain " I'm not sure what it is, but it has been appearing to me alot in the last few hours. It talks to me and tells me it's my ally. I've never actually seen it's face, but I know the creature and how it's presense feels when it comes into focus. It says things like[I] soon we'll be together [/I] and [I]I am not your enemy[/I]. I don't know what it's plans are, but you are the first person that I'm aware of that it's attacked, though it has been boasting lots of threats. i'm afraid I don't know more than that. Not even what it's planning." James hesitated " The only other thing I know is that it's connected to my sin, and it wants my power." Garet gave him an uneasy look.

"So, it plans to kill us and convert you." Garet said being very direct. James simply stared on with a caom expression "That's about the size of it." Garet looked at James " So, what do we do?" James averted his eyes " Guess we can't do anything. That's why I didn't tell anyone. We don't know where it is, we don't even know what it is so we can't really do anything til it moves again." Garet becoming agitated "So we just sit back and wait til it trys to kill someone? That sucks" " Well what do you want to do about it? It's not like we can find it, the damn thing comes and goes so quickly." Garet looking hard pressed for an answer " Well, I can't think of anything, but this still sucks." James turning back to Garet " I hear that." James averted his eyes from Garet again " I guess all we can do is question the others and see if it's moved on anyone else." Garet turning in the direction of the door slightly " Yeah, I guess. I'll go question a few people and see if were the only exceptions" James " Okay. I'll be out soon." Garet leaves, but not before James noticed a strange look on his face as the door closed.

James sat in bed feeling a little guilty, he didn't even mention the dream he just had. How could he, he had barely coped with it. James looked to the ceiling " I guess I chould get started on the questioning." He said in the room still dimmly lit. He got up and headed for the door. As he stepped out he heard a voice again " Maybe this one will be next." then the voice went silent. James had to move something was about to happen, but where, to who? So many questions not enough time he didn't have much time.

Katrina walked through the halls empty-minded, refusing to let any sound come from her mouth. She stayed silent, not even watching where she was going. Walls passed by in a blur, and the floor couldn?t be seen behind the paper of a sketchbook. The pencil moved along in a complicated pattern, relentlessly mapping out its path while not a thought passed through Katrina?s mind. It was a miracle that the girl didn?t walk into anything or anyone.

A pale finger traced over long claws, smudging in shadows. Only a glint of sharp contrast was left. She felt the temperature drop as if walking into a butcher?s freezer. That was weird, because usually Katrina?s not affected much by general temperature, never bothering to dress for the weather or concerned by pouring rain. Mentally ignoring it all, she absently turned yet another corner. She flipped the page over, seamlessly moving onto another project. Katrina started sketching a picture of everybody standing together in a group. Kyle and Jory, Garet, James, Dante?now it was getting to her. She felt really cold. It was kind of suffocating, and she had trouble breathing normally.

[B]?It?s almost a waste to toy with you??[/B] It sounded like the weird voice or whatever it was came from behind. She spun around on her heel, but saw nobody. [I]?Don?t tell me I?m going crazy??[/I] she thought turning back around. [I] ?Wha-??[/I] No, it wasn?t her imagination. Now she definitely couldn?t breath?Katrina felt like she was frozen to the spot. The book fell out of her hand, the unfinished ?group portrait? hitting the floor with a quiet thud as the pencil rolled across the hallway.

A dark spot crept into the corners of her vision, as she slowly blacked out. She fell to her knees, then fell forward hitting her cheek on the floor tiles as red marks formed on the neck, contrasting greatly against her skin. Air could flow freely now that there wasn?t anything blocking it anymore.

Dante finished cleaning up the blood from Garet in the garage when the voices stopped. One voice spoke then.

"You have avoided me for long enough. Now die"

Dante turned and saw ten eaters sanding in the garage door. He began to laugh as the voice spoke again.

"Scared that you don't hava your guns to save you"

Dante grabbed the fender of the car parked next to his then ripped it off. "Bring it on" The smaller eater charged him and Dante swung the fender like a baseball bat sending the eater into through a wall. "Home run" He grabbd the top edge and straighting it into a crude blade. He stabbed the first two and punched the third. He finished off the rest with ease. "Now stay away from my friends and if you even lay one hand on Katrina I'll kill you"

"Too late, I or better he did" Dante turned around and found himself face to face with a large eater. "Shit" He was sent into the wall. He climbed back out and brushed himself off as the eater came at him. One of his hands clawed the paint on his car. "Alright now you,ve doen it" He charged the eater and began a barage of punches knocking it back slowly. He grabbed one of its hands and snapped it off then stuck it through its head. He kicked the body as it fell to the ground the fixed the paint and ran to Katrina's room.

James had to find out who was next. He stormed the halls, praying he wasn't too late. He rounded a corner and found Katrina laying on the ground " Katrina!! Katrina, come on talk to me." James screamed fearing the worse. She sat up " I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me." She said with her usual proess. James felt a great deal of relief to know she was alright, but the presense was gone. Where was it now, a new worry rushed over him. He looked at Katrina "Where is Dante?" Katrina stood up "He was headed for the garage." James turned and ran for the garage without paying any further attention to Katrina.

As he rounded the corner he bumped smack into Dante. " Owww. Watch where your going James." James once again feeling relieved "Your okay. That's good to know." Dante moved around him "I don't have time for this, Katrina might be in trouble." James turned to shout to him "She's fine, I already found her." Dante stopped with some look of relief, then he looked at James and gained a look of suspision " So how did you know to look for us?" James simply replied "I told you, I can hear them, they speak to me." Dante appearing irratated "That's a load of shit and you know it. I want the truth. How do you always know when their coming?" James now becoming upset "I told you, the tatoo on my back let's me hear them and speak to them." Dante growing in anger "then how do we know your not working for them?" James offended "Are you calling me a trader?" Dante looked back accusingly "Well if your not then why do they talk to you so much?" James looked to the ground "I don't know." Dante rising up " Or you don't want to say." James keep his eyes on the ground. James turned and walked away to Dantes dismay "Don't walk away from me damn it." He said as he pushed James to the floor.

Dante looked at James who slowly got back up. "Even though I don't trust you, I still won't draw a weapon on a fellow agent. But that doesn't mean I won't get the answer out of you another way" He brought up his fist as two large eater hands came out of the wall and pinned them.

James look at him. "Now do you believe me?"

Dante frowned. "Maybe" He and James both pulled out their swords slicing the hands off causing the eater to run away in pain. "Yes I believe you now" He sheathed his sowrd and continued to Katrina's room. "Sorry" He rounded the corner.

Jory looked at them and smiled.
"Sorry for letting you all down, we were busy."
Kyle stood next to her, he smiled as well.
"So what is going on? There seems to be much we have missed."
James and Dante looked at her and snorted in digust.
Kyle stepped forward as to hit one of them but Jory was there first. She slamed them both agaist the wall and held them there, her strength surprising them for the first time.
"Look, you have no idea what has been going on. You either accept that we screwed up and weren't here or you can do this n your own, either wy you need us."
She hled them there as Katrina lay on the flor unconsious waiting for their reply.

James replied "Fine whatever. That dosen't change the situtation. The eaters are here we need to round the team up and prepare for a full force invasion." Dante nodded his head, as well Jory and Kyle agreed. James turned to walk away "I'll go find Garet, you guys take Katrina and head the north sector. It's surrounded by blessings and sutras so they can only come through the door and not the walls." They nodded back to him as he quickly ran down the hall in search of Garet. As he went through the hall he could feel the air becoming thicker, they were growing in number and prepareing to strike.

James searched aimlessly, not knowing where to start. That's when it started again, He heard the voice call out to him. Laughter filled his ears "This is the begining. Soon you will never have to worry about anything anymore. Once there gone it will be you and me, and we will control everything." James tried to ignore it and keep going. The voice remained persistent "Why do they mean so much to you? They only want to exploit you, as where I wish for your true happiness." James replied with a laugh of his own "I'm suppose to believe that a creature of evil like you thinkd of others? Now thats funny." The sinister voice became very stern for the first time "Regardless, soon the one you saved will be gone and then the change will start." the voice quickly faded. James began screaming to it "what have you done? Where is he?" No response came. James ran as fast a he could "I've go to hurry. Please hold on guys."

Dante knocked her hand away. "Heck yeah you screwed up" He saw James run off. "Must have done something to Garet" He turned and walked over to Katrina and waked her up. "Look" He pointed at Klye and Jory. "The two hoes are out of the room. You didn't leave any love stains now did you" He spat in disgust at their feet, then picked Katrina up and carried her over to his car and put her down next to the passenger door. He then leaned against it as he waited for James and looked away from Kyle and Jory and began to mutter under his breath. 'lucky she was a girl, still I should have bitch slapped her ass' He walked over to another car. "Hope this isn't yours" He brought his entire left arm down crushing in the hood.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Garet was sitting in the break room that he had recently wrecked. It was cleaned up and broken chairs were replaced, Garet was working on his fifth coffee, trying to stay up. He didn't dare close his eyes, the creatuer lurked in the darkness of his nightmares, waiting for another chance to get Garet.

He sipped his coffee and realized he was out, he stood up and made his way to the coffee machine, he stuck his cup under the nozzle and clicked the switch down. Hot liquid pouring into the styro-foam cup. He took his finger off the switch and withdrew his coffee, he sipped at it and sighed. He turned and saw James standing in the door way, Garet smiled.

[B]"Ahh, good to see you James. Want some coffee?"[/B] James smile was wicked looking, a look Garet had never seen on James face. Garet cocked his head a little and looked at him awkwardly.

[B]"Are you ok?"[/B] Garet asked curiously. James smiled wickedly again.

[B]"I'm just fine. But you wont be."[/B] Garets eyes sprang open and he dropped the coffee, he took a step back away from James.

[B]"Who are you?"[/B] Garet yelled at James. He smiled again, this time being hallow and it shifted into the featuerless monster he had seen before, on the elevator, in his room. Now in the brake room.

[B]"No, you can't be here. I'm awake, not asleep."[/B] The creatuer laughed sinisterly, he waved his hand and an image of Garet sleeping with the side of his face on the table, holding the cup in his hand. Garet rushed over to the image.
[B]
"Wake up! Wake up damn it!"[/B] Garet screamed at the image, pounding his fist on the table, trying to make as much noise as possible. The creatuer just watched and the sinister laugh grew into a full on bellow, it looked at Garet, its teeth showing sharpend fangs now.
[B]
"It will not work, you can scream, yell, pound and do whatever you want. You will not wake, you will lie there until someone comes and finds you. Or you die."[/B] The creatuer walked into the room, its hands behind its back.

[B]"Personally, I like the second idea. But you are not an easy one to kill, every attempt to kill you has failed and I am not sure why."[/B] The creatuer stopped, it still holding it's hands behind its back.
[B]
"So tell me. Why won't you die!"[/B] The creatuer lunged for Garet tackling him to the floor, Garet and the creatuer rolling around in the dream. The breakroom had disappeared and they were now rolling around in a black abyss, no ground, no ceiling, no walls. Just an endless down fall, Garet and the creatuer wrestling eachother into nothingness. Finally they hit ground, they were in a grassy field. The sun blocked out by an eclipse, Garet looked at it then swiviling around to see where the creatuer had gone.

Their was no sign of him, Garet was completely unarmed. He felt helpless, in his own mind he was defensless. He walked around looking for away out, he didn't notice his shadow was following him, even with the sun blocked out and only enough light showing to know where he was going. The shadow was behind him now, it broke off and the creatuer appeared. Walking soundlessly behind him, right up against Garet. The creatuers face right next to his ear.
[B]
"I'm going to enjoy killing you in your own dream."[/B] Garet swung his arm around and the creatuer dodged it, he kicked Garet in the stomach and he flew a yard and slid across the ground. Garet groned and grunted trying to stand, he stood straight up fist up when he saw James standing in the grass. His coat flaping in the gust of wind.

[B]"James?"[/B] Garet said, half believing it was really him.

[B]"Why do you fight? What is the point? The creatuer will win in the end, he will kill you from the inside out. Just like he's doing to me."[/B] James circled Garet. Garet was shaking his head.

[B]"No, I won't quit. And neither would you."[/B] Garet turned to punch the shadow James in the face when he saw Katrina.
[B]
"Come on Garet, just give in. You are not needed for the battle, you can just give up and die."[/B] Garet grinded his teeth. He swung at the shadow Katrina, the thing disappeared altogether. Garet looked around quickly, the creatuer was stnding infront of him again. This time looking like Dante, Garet wasn't going to fall for it. He charged the shadow Dante, Dante held out his hand.

[B]"Wait! Garet listen to me. You need to take a brake, you need to relax in the cool grass. Just take a breather and take a seat."[/B] Garet looked down, he sighed. He looked back at Dante only to find it was now Jory. He tweacked his head.

[B]"How did you..."[/B] Jory stopped him from saying anything.
[B]
"Relax Garet. Lie in the grass, just give into the powers of the eaters. They will take you into a world you have never know before, a world where there is no suffering. Just happiness."[/B] Garet looked at the grass, he saw how wonderful it looked. But he resisted from lieing down, he looked to Jory. Only to see once agian the creatuer had changed into Kyle.
[B]
"Whats up man? Why don't you lay down in the grass? Everyones waiting for you."[/B] Kyle ran off behind him and Garet turned, he saw everyone enjoying a beer and laughing on a wooden table. They called to him, Garet took a step towards them. Longing for a chance to finally stop killing the Eaters and actually settle down in a nice town, not having to think about the danger that awaited him. He had a smile on his face, the sun was now showing brightly and the land looked gleeful. The creatuer stood behind him again, whispering into his ear again.
[B]
"Go to them and never fight again."[/B] The voice advice him to go on, Garet took another step. He suddenly heard a faint voice calling to him, calling his name. He turned and took a step towards it.
[B]
"No! Go to your friends. Ignore the voice, it is all behind you."[/B] Garet thought for a moment, the creatuer smiling. Thinking it had won, its teeth showing their full extent. Garet turned to the creatuer.
[B]
"I just figured something out."[/B] The creatuer looked at him questionable.
[B]
"This is a dream, my dream. And that means I can do anything, anything I want."[/B] The creatures smiled faded and it was replaced with a awkward look.

[B]"That means I can do this."[/B] Garet materalized a weapon in his hand and stabbed it through the creatuer. It screamed, gripping the blade of the weapon. Looking at the weapon now stuck through it. It pulled it out and threw it on the ground.

[B]"You think you can beat me that easily? In here I AM GOD!"[/B] The creatuer took its claws and jammed them back into the four indents it put in his chest earlier, burning them anew. Garet screamed, the creatuer smiling.
[B]
"You see, I am all powerful in the dream world."[/B] Garet gripped its arm with both of his hands and looked at the creatuer.
[B]
"But not in the physical world."[/B] He yanked out the creatuers hand and broke off its arm. It screamed, squeezing the nub.

[B]"You think this will be permanet? Like you pathetic mortals."[/B] Garet shook his head.
[B]
"No, but it will remind you who took off your arm in your domain."[/B] The creatuer reached for Garets shirt and pulled him close to its face, a snarl covering it.
[B]
"Who do you think you are human."[/B] Garet grabbed that arm and twisted it behind the monsters back.

[B]"I am Garet Jax, Agent of the ChaosWatch. You will learn that I am not an easy target. You will learn to fear me."[/B] The creatuer laughed.
[B]
"You sound like me, Garet."[/B] That was the first time the creatuer had used his name. Garet leaned over and talked into the creatuers ear.
[B]
"What is your name?"[/B] The monster grinned.

[B]"I will tell you, when your dieing."[/B] The creatuer spun around and reached for Garest throat. Garet vanished from the creatuers domain, it clenched its fist.

Garet eyes opened and he sat up, James standing next him.

[B]"Are you all right?"[/B] Garet looked around making sure it was for real, he sighed and suddenly felt he was holding something. He lifted his right hand and saw a black arm in his hand, he looked it over, he threw it on the table. James jumped back.
[B]
"What is that?"[/B] James said puzzled. Garet smiled and stood up.

[B]"Its a new beginning for one special Eater."[/B] Garet picked it up and walked out of the breakroom, James at his side. Both walking to the group that awaited them, Garet still holding the arm in his hand.[/SIZE][/COLOR]