Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Sephiroth

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh, that looks pretty cool. Sephiroth looks really bad***.

I hope they're not gonna use actual actors.

Personally I would prefer CG actors, since they would have more mobility, and range during the action.
Also they could look like the actual game character, not some japanese guy in a funny wig.:D

I guess this is the result of the FF7 rumor I posted before. A few days ago, some Japanese sites were saying it wasn't what people expected. Well I'm sure a movie isn't what people expected, let alone wanted.

All the images are CG on every image I've seen. So I don't know why you would get the impression that they'd use real actors. I suppose it could be one of those "interactive" DVD movies though... Like Space Ace or Dragon's Lair.

Square's goal of turning the FF series into movies is now complete. They also managed to turn Cloud into Angsty Tidus and Sephiroth into a woman.

Better image. Sorry about the size.

[url]http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~nanko/images/6787.jpg[/url]

[color=#707875]Spirits Within wasn't horrible...but it wasn't great. I think people were expecting too much though. Hironobu Sakaguchi is a [b]game[/b] director, not a movie director. Shame, that.

Anyway...while this news made me want to cry and cry and cry when I first heard it (lol), I'm starting to warm to the idea.

Obviously, I would have LOVED a FFVII 2 video game. My god how I would have loved it. lol

I want it so much that I'd buy shares in Square Enix just to have it.

Ahem.

Anyway...a movie isn't as good as a game might be, but at least it's [i]something[/i]. I really enjoyed FFVII's story...and a full length movie that produces an expansion to that story, while simultaneously being utterly gorgeous is a good thing in my book.

At first I didn't like Cloud's more gritty look...but it suits. It's realistic, as opposed to chibified. And his hair looks awesome. Seph also looks pretty nasty, based on that small picture.

In any case, I'll definitely buy it when it comes out. It's not a game...but it might still be a lot of fun to watch.[/color]

[color=crimson]I'm usually not for movies based on games, but this one looks pretty cool. I like Cloud's hair.

Though it's kind of wierd since it's going to be 2 years after the game. :eek: I was under the impression that [spoiler]they all died(except for Red, of course) in the end.[/spoiler] FF7 had an open ending though, so I guess anything's possible.

What I'm wondering is if they'll release it in the states..[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xai [/i]
[B][color=crimson]Though it's kind of wierd since it's going to be 2 years after the game. :eek: I was under the impression that [spoiler]they all died(except for Red, of course) in the end.[/spoiler] FF7 had an open ending though, so I guess anything's possible.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Um... why do you think [spoiler]they all died at the end? We clearly see them escape the northern cave on the highwind. We then see Meteor be stopped by the lifestream. So, its a good bet they all lived.
That part about Red XIII happens about 300 hundred years after the game.[/spoiler]

Just thought I'd let ya know.
:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]Um... why do you think [spoiler]they all died at the end? We clearly see them escape the northern cave on the highwind. We then see Meteor be stopped by the lifestream. So, its a good bet they all lived.
That part about Red XIII happens about 300 hundred years after the game.[/spoiler]

Just thought I'd let ya know.
:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, that's just the way I saw it then, lol. I just remembered this line from Bugenhagen near the waterfall scene on disk 2: [spoiler]Bugenhagen: It is up to the planet to decide. What is best for the planet. What is bad for the planet. All that is bad will disappear. That is all. Ho Ho Hoooo. I wonder which we humans are?[/spoiler]

I just gathered clues from earlier in the game, and that was the impression I got from the ending movie.(the one before the end credits)

I guess I was wrong though, with a sequel coming and all. *shrugs*:sweat: I'm not trying to argue.

(Sorry if this is off topic)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]Guy's please, not this argument again, lol, FF7's ending has been argued to death here on OB, one more argument and I might bang my head against the wall repeatedly! [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Only might? I [i]have.[/i] :cross:

But yes, if you want to debate about FFVII's ending, there's other threads to post in, such as the plotholes/theories thread, or you can use PMs. This thread is for talking about the FFVII movie, not the FFVII game.

I have to say, this really caught me off guard. I never expected Square to do another movie, let alone an FFVII one. Still, it looks cool. Though of course, The Spirits Within also looked cool, but like James said, it wasn't all that great. They had better do a good job on this, though. It has a lot to live up to.

And Cloud's hair does look good, but the big spike in the front doesn't look big enough to me. In the official art from the game, it looks a lot bigger. Though really, I'm not sure if I'd like it more if the spike were bigger. That might look a little funny, heh.[/color]

I have been waiting for more of FF7's story I will definitely buy this. I don't really mind it being a movie I actually enjoyed Spirit's Within even thought it didn't really follow a FF game. In this day and age if it was up to the planet to get rid of the bad and keep the good over half of humanity would be wiped out that is my opinion.

[color=#707875]If TSW had followed a specific game in the series....maybe I'd hav enjoyed it more.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see where Square Enix goes with the FFVII story. It's one of my favourite games largely due to non-game elements...atmosphere, music, story, etc.

And as you can see, I've already made an avatar of the "new" Cloud. ~_^ He was too dark though...so I adjusted it a bit. And I've got a snazzy pink Cloud banner in my random image thing...wee. Maybe there's such thing as liking FFVII too much. X_X[/color]

Wow... How unsuspected...

I honestly didn't know anything about a coming FF7 [i]movie[/i], so I can't help of being a bit sceptical in this matter. But if this indeed coming - and this isn't just one of those bad jokes I've seen online - I must say I'm totally excited.

Just wondering how original this good vs. evil position will be...?

These first few shots are awestrucking, especially Cloud. With a touch of Tidus in him he really is gorgeous sight! And what villain could be as astonishing as Sephy?

Let's just see where this is going...

I am definitely gonna see this movie. I love Final Fantasy, and this is like sooooooooooo coooooool. I'm going to research into this. It's just amazing. It's actually not surprising though when you think about it. I mean, in Japan they do this kind of thing kind of often. But Final Fantasy 7!? WOW!

Hmm.... I'm simultaneously elated, shocked, and deeply worried. This movie would be SO easy to screw up, no matter how great the visuals are.

Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite game of all time.... if Advent Children didn't live up to its standard of quality, I'd be incredibly disappointed. I heard that Advent Children will only be an hour long, which is rather a rather short length of time for FFVII's long and twisty plot.

I really, really hope that it doesn't turn out like X (the movie).....

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]If TSW had followed a specific game in the series....maybe I'd hav enjoyed it more.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, but even if they stuck to the FF story format, such as having an actual bad guy, it could have been better.

Anyways, this is exciting news and I do plan on seeing it whenever it comes out, and since it seems as if it will be at least slightly based on the FF7 storyline it is off to a goos start. Plus, seing that Sephiroth will be in it that already means that there's a bad guy so it has to do better than TSW.

Do any of you know of any other urls for information and/or pictures for Advent Children. I would really like to know more.

As for speculation. I think that it will be computer generated. For one thing, Square-Enix quite possibly has the best computer graphics artists in the world. Not to mention the fact that they not only made The Spirits Wihin, but they also made one of the stories for The Animatrix (all cg as well). Also, the screens I have seen all appear to be computer generated.

As for the story. I think that it will either take place shortly after Meteor and Holy, and everyone will still be alive. Although it was said the planet would decide what would stay and what would cease to exist, I think that the only thing Holy did was destroy meteor. That is the only thing it appeared to do, and also the remnants of Midgar were there 500 years afterword. Midgar was the site of 8 of the 12 reactors. To say only those things which are good for the planet would remain would mean that Midgar itself would cease to exist. I'm sure the planet could have destroyed it, but it chose not to because of the people inside. Because it would not destroy Midgar because of the people, why would those who fought to save the planet not be alive?

Anyways, I am just babbling endlessly. Please post any URLs with information.

Yes, it's computer generated. I don't understand why a few people in this thread have even questioned that. These aren't concept art pieces. It's not live action. It's not traditionally animated. These shots are from the actual movie and they are computer rendered. I don't think they're all [i]that[/i] realistic, but maybe it's just me lol.

For whatever reason, there isn't anything really leaking out. I do have footage of the trailer, but it's a bad angle and taped with a crappy camcorder. Take what you get though.

I'm hosting it, so avoid all that download accelerator crap and don't give my link off to random non-OB people.

[url]http://www.slownerveaction.org/interweb/ff7ac.avi[/url]

(It's uploading now -- so if it doesn't start, wait a few minutes).

TGS 2003 is past heh.

There's a full trailer from Ruliweb, unfortunately all the links I've found for it around are all dead.

edit -- Here [url]http://www.anime-domain.de/ff7ac01.mpg[/url]

That link works, but it is very slow to start. I recommend using something like Flash Get to get it going.