Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Sephiroth

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not a game. It's a normal DVD. It should play in anything... even Xbox if you wanted.

X Play has it on there simply because it was at TGS and Square is involved. It is, afterall, still connected to FF7, which is probably the most popular RPG worldwide that I can think of.

The X Play direct feed version is online now. I'd post a link, but it's for bittorrent. I don't feel like showing people how to use it. If you want to figure that out, I'll send you the torrent file... or maybe the trailer itself. It's only 12 MBs.

You can hear the music now... it's some sort of opera piece. Very cool. There are also some character voices, in Japanese of course. Too bad I have no clue what they're saying.

The KH2 one is floating around now too... also direct feed.

File not found Sephy. :/ Anyway, as I said earlier, I too heard that it'll be an interactive DVD. My source comes from the Buzz in Sony's Gamer Advisory Panel and the stuff in there is usually pretty reliable from my experience. Nonetheless, whatever is it... I want to see this movie now.

[b][size=1]
I was just thinking.. maybe the person in the wheelchair is [spoiler]Aeris[/spoiler]? No-one seems to have come to that conclusion yet. I mean come on, you can't see any part of their body at all, so you can't really say that it's even a [spoiler]male[/spoiler], really. And it'd put a quirky twist to it, what with possibly [spoiler] both Seph and Aeris being alive[/spoiler]. [/b]

And yeah. [spoiler]You're bound to have her somewhere in the game -.- movie -.-[/spoiler]

*edits few stupid mistakes*[/size]

I would never have thought of that..... it's definitely an interesting idea, and I really hope to see Aeris somewhere in Advent Children (how could they NOT include her, if only through flashbacks?). But it's probably too early to judge who the person in the wheelchair is, or the identity of the guy who battles Cloud. Still, speculation is fun, no?

~Dagger~

I doubt it can be Aeris. This new guy fights Cloud and to say Aeris is on that wheel chair can't mix because she would have killed this guy herself if he hurt Cloud. I still think its Sephiroth or some kind of clone of him. *sigh* I have to find means to keep my mind off this movie as I know it'll burn my brain from thinking to much... ¬_¬

According to what the creators have said, the mystery man is some kind of relation to Sephiroth, whether it be brother, cousin, etc. is as yet unknown.

I have compiled a short synopsis of the story for those who wish to see

[SPOILER]2 years after the end of FF7, the human race is plagued by a deadly virus called the Star Cross Virus (or something along those lines), the virus destroys most of the human race (but makes no mention if Tifa, Barret, and co are affected as well, but the creators did say they will be in the game, we shall see) but strangely enough, Cloud is unaffected by the virus, why is this so? Where did the virus come from? Who is the mystery man Cloud is fighting? And what of the man in the wheelchair? (My bet would be that it is Sephiroth)[/SPOILER]

Where did you get that information Seph? I've not seen that anywhere. I've yet to hear them refer to that guy Cloud is fighting as anything but an "enemy".

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/news_6076646.html[/url]

Here's an interview. Makes it incredibly obvious to me that this is nothing more than a movie. It only runs at 60 minutes too lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Where did you get that information Seph? I've not seen that anywhere. I've yet to hear them refer to that guy Cloud is fighting as anything but an "enemy".

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/news_6076646.html[/url]

Here's an interview. Makes it incredibly obvious to me that this is nothing more than a movie. It only runs at 60 minutes too lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

In the link that I posted a few posts back, but unfortunately the site is down :(

[url]http://www.ffasylum.com/jesall/ff7ac01.mpg[/url]

looks great! i'm glad they stepped away from the anime looking characters and stepped it up like they did with FFX.

[size=1][color=CC0000]Merged it with the existing FFVII: Advent Children thread. In future do not make new threads on already existing topics, thanks. -[b]Break[/b][/size][/color]

[size=1][color=CC0000]Well, actually it's not a sequal as a game, but as a movie, if you read the rest of the topic, noodle.

Anyway, it looks totally awesome. The CG is very very life like, reminds me of the cutscenes in FFX, but the motions are even better. Can't wait for more info. ^__^[/size][/color]

Yeah, Advent Children's got me pretty psyched. I saw the preview on TechTV's X-Play, and my heart almost leapt outta my chest. It looks like Square Enix's come a long way from "Spirits Within" and "Final Flight of the Osiris" . Plus, they play the Sephiroth song during the fight scene. :D

:Wonders if Lance Bass will do Sephiroth's voice for the domestic release:

[i]Advent Children[/i] is good news for two reasons: It could potentially (and most certainly will) provide some clarification on exactly how the events of Final Fantasy VII unraveled. And, simply, it's concrete proof (as opposed to the rumors we've been hearing for years now) that Square is still interested in the property. Too many people have been clamoring for a follow-up or remake of Final Fantasy VII to be ignored though, so that's a bit obvious.

Final Fantasy VII was a mess of a game as far as translation goes. The characters, for the most part, were wonderful and the plot was driven home with a dark, industrial edge not easily forgotten. Unfortunately, everything became congested as the story progressed. Some of the storytelling and dialogue were so vague or poorly worded that some of the more important events left me scratching my head as they unfolded.

[spoiler] To this day, I'm not even sure if the real Sephiorth was involved in Final Fantasy VII. And, when Cloud savagely beat Aeris, it was difficult to even care because of how poorly it was executed. I mean, that's something so powerful, so guttural, and it didn't even bother me. Other examples I could cite involve the clumsy dialogue following eventual death of Aeris or the narration explaining how Cloud came to deliver to Sephiroth, the black materia.[/spoiler]

After reading the interview, I'm sure that a sixty minute movie whose roots lie in visual demonstration can sate the appetites of Final Fantasy VII fans, I'm sure it'll be entertaining and provide a certain degree of closure/clarification.

And who knows, maybe this will still be a demonstration--a teaser setting up for an imminent sequel to Final Fantasy VII. I would be most happy with a remake because I think Square needs to fix its mistakes before moving on. Yet, when it comes to Final Fantasy VII, I'll be happy with what I can get.

As for my impressions of the trailer--it appears to me that the enemy Cloud is fighting is either Sephiroth or a clone of him. Putting the theme aside, the ending scene with the transition of his face to the Nibelheim(sp) scene blatantly give it away. Overall, it was nice. I could watch the bike scene fifty times and not become tired of it. I [i]love[/i] how they clash swords in time with the chorus. Can't get enough of it.

well I just watched X-play and they showed the trailer for it and the CG movie looks soo alsome. I can't wait till it comes over here, I'll prolly end up buying it off ebay when it comes out in japen though -.-' I also saw the trailer for Kingdom hearts 2 and sora looks so kool dressed in black! I think I saw Zell on there ohh I hope so!!! (FYI: i love Zell!!!):toothy: :blush:

[size=1][color=CC0000]How many times do I need to merge threads? You are blind. Can't you [i]see[/i] the topic on FFVII: AV? It's quite recent so you should have posted in that but.. nooo.. you have to be all n00b special.

-.-;;

*merges*[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]If people start any more Advent Children threads and they don't have anything original to say, just delete them. If they actually have some worthwhile comments or new info, go ahead and merge them, but if the person is just saying "It looks cool, I'm gonna buy it when it comes out," don't bother.[/color]

[size=1][color=CC0000]Got it Breko. ^^ -[b]Break[/b][/size][/color]

[color=#006699]Well, yeah this is pretty old now, I know. I'm not sure why I have yet to post in this thread, I've read through it several times. Not to mention I'm pretty exited, FFVII was my first and is my second favorite RPG.

Cloud looks [i]amazing[/i], but Sephiroth looks a little iffy. A bit to, female-ish for me. o_O But overall I'm rather exited about it. I mean, I'd be happy with [b]anything[/b] FFVII right about now, and a movie is better than it could be. We'll see how it turns out, hopefully it won't put FFVII to shame.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B][spoiler] To this day, I'm not even sure if the real Sephiorth was involved in Final Fantasy VII.[/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]In a word, no. At least not real in the human sense. According to [url=http://members.tripod.com/ff7story/2000yrs.html]this website[/url], which I found over the weekend while trying to make sense of FFVII's story line, Cloud does indeed "kill" Sephiroth after throwing him into the Lifestream at the bottom of the reactor. However, since Sephiroth had been infused with Jenova cells, part of him still lived. This is because Jenova was not originally part of the planet, so it could not fuse into the Lifestream. This is the version of Sephiroth you see throughout the game...a "Ghost Sephiroth," if you will, under 100% control by Jenova. This also explains how Sephiroth could suddenly fly and walk through walls lol.[/spoiler]

As for the movie itself...I can't say I'm really that interested. I mean, I loved the story of FFVII and all but the movie's looking a bit iffy to me right now. If I start hearing good things about it, I might check it out, though. But right now it's too early for me to get excited.

Guest pyro_snowy
I know this sounds really bad but cloud is starting to look tidus-efyed, and it's scarey... Cloud isnt a dumb blonde freak. Worrying here.

[quote]"A game sequel is a simple solution, but that might be too easy."

[size=1]--FFVII Producer Yoshinori Kitase[/size][/quote]

[size=1] Too easy? lol. This guy just makes me mad. A sequel, to me, is infinitely more replayable and better than some 60-minute blabbastic blabber.

Ah well.[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][size=1]...and better than some 60-minute blabbastic blabber.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

:rotflmao: [SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Okay, okay, that was [B]too[/B] funny!

Anyways, I'm sure [B]this[/B] Final Fantasy movie is something to look foward to, especially if it has Sephiroth in full-blown CG. Am [B]I[/B] looking forward to it? [B]Damn straight!![/B] :faint:

Even if it turns out "bad," it's not going to change VII. But seriously. This might be a good turning point; the staff for this movie is totally different, right?

But since I [B]am[/B] a fan of marathons, I'm extremely disappointed to discover this movie is only one hour long. ONE HOUR! Where's Tifa? Where's Yuffie? And more importantly, [B]where's BARRET?[/B] All I saw so far is Sephiroth and Cloud dukin' it out, or something along those lines.

Sounds boring. I'm just in it for the eye candy.[/COLOR][/SIZE]