OtakuBoards

Love Me, Mr. Death [M-LVS]

demonchild781

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial Narrow]Kalei land a hand firmly onto the lab table to steady herself, her heart pounding in her head almost destroying any form of consintraction she might have had. So much anger, pain, realization and sadness filled her as the unmistakable sense of vampire blood washed over her remaining senses.

"LADY KALEI!" the shrill and sharp shriek of Riley echoed through the vacant lab as his young frame slammed into a table.

Kalei pulled herself together the best she could and stumbled towards him, clutching her arm firmly. She made her way around a few stray tables and next to Riley who was soon upon her, helping her to stand. She tried to wave him away, but was unsuccessful.

"Ena has--." Riley began.

"I know," Kalei's voice was barely a whisper.

"And Sin--."

Kalei smiled and forced herself to stand up straight, dragging her hand away. Blood had seeped through the band-aid she had placed upon it. In the hand on the same arm, clutched between her fingers were three viles of crimson red liquid.

"Kalei..." Riley's face contorted with pain and confusion as Kalei stumbled towards the door.

"We have to help them," Kalei seemed to be pulling herself together as she wobbled down the hall way, Riley right on her heels.

[I]Oh my children, my precious daughter and son. How I've failed you both. How I've failed all of you, my team. I wished to protect you all from such harm, but I led you right into their trap. Again and again. Oh how I've failed you all.[/I]

Kalei was now running full speed down the hallways and up stairs until she finally found them. Thayne, Talyn, Sin and Ena.

"Kalei!" Thayne shouted which brought Talyn and even Ena to glance over at her. Kalei rushed up to the bottom of the stairs and stared up at Ena, her blood red eyes craving blood.

"I have something for you, Ena. I know how you suffer, the loss of Richard took from you what little love you thought you had. Everything you thought you knew slipping into oblivion as my own son showed his ugly face and drove you to madness." Kalei took the first step cautiously. "Ena, please. I may have failed you as your leader, but I promise to never fail you as a friend."

Kalei took the vile that was held in one hand and tossed it up towards Ena. The rapidly changing wakanda snatched it from the air without crushing the fragile glass and opened her hand to stare at it.

"Drink it."[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]OOC: The vile is of Kalei's blood with a special serum that helps counter-act the lust. Sin...there's one for your character as well.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Sin looked past Ena to Kalei, he watched as the vial filled with the crimson liquid left her hand and landed in Ena's. Ena still had the aura of a blood lustful vampiress, it was a excellent sight for Sin. But also his biggest disappointment, it meant that his only option to walk in the sun once more, was to take the serum. He growled to himself.
[B]
"Handing out vials of your blood Kalei? I figuered you would be dead by now by the blood loss. You are far stronger then I gave you credit for."[/B] Kalei looked up the stairs at him.
[B]
"You have no idea Sin. Ena, please drink it."[/B] Sin could see the blood lust was starting to take serious control. Ena would most likely reject the vial, attack Kalei, and possibly die before reaching her. Sin was not prepared to let his plan go to hell already, he would do what was needed.

But he had to think for a moment, he touched one of the burns on his face that was almost done healing. That setteled it, he walked down the steps slowly. In the manor a vampire would. He walked past Ena, hoping her eyes were on him now, the vampire that had turned her. He walked to Kalei, not acknowledging Thayne or Talyn. They had assumed a defensive position close to Kalei. He stopped in front of her.
[B]
"That serum you have. It will of course send be back into my humain state, which I regret but will take for the ability to walk in the light once more."[/B] Kalei had a smile on her face and held out her hand with two vials inside of it. Sin snatched one up.
[B]
"Good to know you are willing to give up your little plan to walk in the sun."[/B] Sin scoffed, he turned and looked up at Ena. He spoke to Kalei while looking at Ena.
[B]
"I'm not giving up anything. Just taking another route."[/B] He poped open the top, he opened his mouth and poured the liquid into his mouth. Not taking his eyes off Ena. He drank every drop. After he finished he threw the vial to the ground, smashing it to pieces. He turned his head to looked at Kalei.
[B]
"Returning to my Humain side should weaken my hold over Ena, and should bring her back to some level of Wakanda. You can try to get her to drink it then."[/B] He turned to Ena and pointed at her.
[B]
"Do what you must. Everything will come together in the end."[/B] Right then Sin grunted and his eyes snapped shut, he gripped his stomach and fell to his knees. He looked up at her one last time. His eyes keeping the blood red look but were now missing the predator of the night killing instinct, and were being replaced by the kind human feelings.
[B]
"Do what you have to." [/B]And with that said, Sin's body made the change into humainty. He stood up and shook his head. Looking to the three standing behind him. Then to Ena, wondering what was going on.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B]"I have something for you, Ena. I know how you suffer, the loss of Richard took from you what little love you thought you had. Everything you thought you knew slipping into oblivion as my own son showed his ugly face and drove you to madness."[/B] She paused and Talyn and Thayne looked at her strangely. While they knew something had happened, they didn't think that Richard had anything to do with any of this. [B]"Ena, please. I may have failed you as your leader, but I promise to never fail you as a friend."[/B]

[I]'Oh god...what have I done to us?'[/I] Ena wondered as her body allowed her to stare only at the vile.

[I][B]'You've done nothing. Get over it. These are not your friends! They have decieved you! They made you feel weak!'[/B][/I]

[I]'I've listened to your lies for too long...I want control of my body back...'[/I]

Ena watched as Sin drank the vile, hoping that she would follow his example. All eyes were on her, and on the outside, she still looked like the lust-filled vampiress that she now was. She looked down in her hand. The vial of Kalei's blood lay there, from what she had heard.

Blood.

[I]'Why don't you follow his example?'[/I] Ena would try to trick the vampiric side of herself into thinking that Kalei was just giving away her blood. [I]'It's blood, it's free. From the Wakanda leader...you think that you would just take it. It would be your first taste...'[/I]

It was then, at that exact fragment of a moment, Ena's vampirical side decided to let down her guard, and Ena was able to take control back. Quickly, she popped off the cap and threw it back. For a moment or two, the taste of blood was sweet, then as she finished it, it was bitter and made her want to throw up. But she knew that for her sake she had to keep it down.

Her knees grew weak, her eyes closed shut, and that voice disappeared. Ena fell on her right side onto the steps and shook her head. There were several pains, but that was nothing compared to the experience that she had overnight. A little more pain wouldn't matter. She knew that she deserved it anyway.

A rush of tears began to fall from her face, and she didn't move from that spot. She whimpered as she realized that she regained full control, she was crying out of pain and joy, but for the most part the former.

Now she would have to face her teammates. No matter what they would tell her, that betrayal she had attempted had practically killed her inside. It hurt her so much that she was weak. She had hoped that too much of the blame had not been put upon Sin. It really wasn't his fault.

And Tegan, she had no idea what she would do if she were to ever see him again. It was too much to bear. It wasn't his fault either, yet, she couldn't help but feel this certain feeling of fear and disgust with him.

[B]"Ena?"[/B] Talyn asked. [B]"Ena, are you okay?"[/B]

Ena simply looked at them. She could not speak and she could hardly move. She was so confused and frightened because of what had happened. She looked at Kalei, then to Talyn and Thayne, then to Sin. She couldn't take her eyes off of him...she had become so involved in something she never thought she would, and he was the one who had helped her to do so.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=red][size=1]Malik sat in a gold-guilded throne, leaning his pale chin on his hand, watching over his generals discussing the best ways to attack the Wakanda in a strategic fashion. They were moving pieces over a map of the world. The red pieces symbolised the vampiric forces - the blue, the Wakanda forces. It was like a game of chess - you had to think of each move very thoroughly before going through with it.

The Vampire Lord was watching his generals with a keen eye when he suddenly sensed a presence beside him, hidden in the darkness.
[b]" These things are trivial for you my dear,"[/b] Malik said to Katima as she stepped out of the shadows, drapped in a black cloak, her red-slit eyes glittering from under the hood.
[b]" You may think so, Father, but I do not agree,"[/b] Katima said back to him in a hiss.
Malik gave a small snigger to himself. [b]" As you wish my dear. Your knowledge of your ex-comrades may be beneficial for them."[/b]
Katima gave a wicked smile. [b]" No, I'd rather fight them all myself, with you of course, Father."[/b]
[b]" I'm glad you didn't leave me out of the equation my dear."[/b]

One of the generals came up to Malik and told him of their situation. The Vampire Lord stood and strode over to the board with the red and blue pieces on it, looking at each piece, calculating which would be the best strategy to play out. He gave out orders to attack the Wakanda forces in South America, North America, Asia and Australia. The generals scampered around, relaying the Lord's orders to the specific battalions. Katima watched this, sitting on the armrest of the gold-guilded throne.

[b]" You left Europe and Africa out,"[/b] she said as her father sat back down in the throne.
[b]" There is a reason,"[/b] Malik answered back, surprised that Katima hadn't figured out his plan yet.
[b]" I understand the reason for Europe. That is our territory - no doubt. But why did you leave out Africa?"[/b]
Malik smiled and said simply, [b]" Practice."[/b]

Katima's eyes glittered maliciously. [b]" Excellent."[/b][/color][/size]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial Narrow]Even though Kalei smiled externally, her soul was dying within. Every sharp breath that came to her lips drew more of her strength from her once firm body. Such pain, destruction and overwhelming sadness swept over her whole being. She was tired of fighting, tired of watching them die around her or give up hope. For how much longer would she be around to protect them, to help them when they called upon her.

Kalei faltered a bit and she could feel Riley place a reassuring hand on her shoulder. She reached up and placed her hand upon his.

"I hate to be the barrier of bad news, but we can't stay here much longer." Kalei glanced at Sin and then drew her attention to Talyn. "If you guys would help Ena down the stairs, I'm sure it will be a little while longer before she can stand up on her own. The transformation back and forth takes a bit of getting use to."

Kalei smiled as she watched Sin and Talyn race up the stairs to help Ena.

"We must find where Malik is hiding. I'm sure Tegan and Jade our a few steps ahead of us already." The group gathered around her as she released Riley to take his own position amongst the team. "I must warn you all, though. I beg you not to engage either the Vampire Lord or your former commrade, Katima..." one the group tried to protest but Kalei quickly snuffed their attempt. "Malik has firm control over his daughter now, and I would not wish any of you to be harmed or to harm her. This is a battle between family, and I refuse to watch any of you die for it."

Kalei shot a firm gaze towards Sin who sneered back. If anything, Sin was the one she feared would not listen to her order. Pain struck her for a moment before she turned her attention back to the others. "Well, we ready?"[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Ena pulled her arm out of Sin's grip without looking at him. He looked down at her, confused, but he dared not ask. Eventually she did the same with Talyn and sat back down on the top of the steps.

The dizziness was starting to wear off and she would hope the regain the strength to stand. Her body had been running on pure adrenaline and looked as if she had just come back from the fortress a couple days ago.

[I]'Back to square one...'[/I]

Having the chance to actually sit down and rest for even a moment seemed to help. With a long scratch to the face from Sin and others on her arms and shoulders from the corpse that she had been decieved to think as Richard, Ena looked rather beaten. Dried blood painted her once tanned skin with splotches of numerous bruises.

The bite on her neck had finally stopped on it's own, but the stream of blood had slithered down her neck and onto her tattered clothing. The gash from the dagger on her right arm was still bleeding, but she could feel nothing. Her whole body had gone numb.

It had looked like she had just gotten back from sparring with Richard to be honest.

[B]"If you don't mind Kalei, I'd like to dress my wounds and change clothes."[/B] Ena spoke, her voice hoarse. [B]"I don't want to keep anyone, so if you feel it's necessary, you can go on ahead and I'll find a way to catch up."[/B]

[B]"We'll wait for you, Ena."[/B] Kalei nodded softly. [B]"Just keep in mind to hurry. I wish for this to over as soon as possible."[/B]

[B]"Yes, ma'am."[/B] Ena lowered her head and grabbed the beechwood railing. Riley tried to help her as she stood, but she waved him away.[B] "I'll do it myself."[/B]

Riley seemed rather ashamed as he stepped back next to Sin. Each step was a slow one, but Ena eventually took back the simple ability of walking. She went to Father Alba to see if he could help her. Quickly and efficiently did he wrap and tend to each wound shortly after having the nurses clean her up.

Giving her a new set of clothes was easy. And Ena returned to the others dressed in the traditional outfit she always had on missions. The black tanktop and black pants that she was so used to wearing. Somehow, Alba had managed to find her that outfit.

Ena returned looking ten times better than she had walking up those stairs, but she still would not speak or look at anyone. She was too afraid to do so. But now was not the time for her to be distraught. Now was the time for the final showdown. She kept Alba's words in her head, repeating them over and over.

[I][B][CENTER]"Fight until your last breath, child. They don't care about what happened in the past, they want you to help them secure the future. God will not forget what you have done or will do."[/CENTER][/B][/I]

----------

OOC: Hope everything's okay with you, DC.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[b][size=1]"I'm ready to go, Kalei," [/size][/b][size=1]replied Talyn, swinging his swords onto his back and buckling the sheaths on, [b]"Just say the word."

[/b]Talyn watched as Ena went slowly away from the group to dress her wounds, although he suspected she was heading to see Father Alba. He sighed. So many of the Wakanda were turning now, there were barely any pure-bloods left. Kalei, Thayne, Jade, and that seemed to be it. Sin, and even Katima and Tegan were half-breeds, and himself and Ena
were...well, he didn't even know what to call them. They weren't true Wakanda, and yet they had not reached the level that they could call themselves vampires either.

Times were changing. Perhaps Tegan had been right so long ago. Maybe Malik was right. Maybe the days of the Wakanda were coming to an end, not through war, but simply through evolution. It was said that every few millennia evolution takes a mighty leap, introducing something altogether new. Perhaps the world no longer had a place for the Wakanda.

[b]"Talyn," [/b]said Kalei comfortingly, placing a hand on his shoulder, [b]"I understand that you are anxious. We have all had fears realised recently. But now is not the time. I do not normally promote this, but please keep your feelings down to a minimum for this fight. Malik can sense when something is wrong, and he can play on those feelings. You cannot afford to show any weakness."

"I'm sorry, Kalei. I just...fear for the Wakanda. I feel that our...their days on this earth are numbered. They have no place anymore."

"That is just the vampire blood in you talking. You do not truly believe that the days of the Wakanda are coming to a close, do you?"

"You talk of my vampire blood, Kalei, and yet your own children carry vampire blood. They are more vampire than me, Kalei, and yet you do not criticise them for speaking their minds," [/b]replied Talyn, his temper rising.

[b]"Be calm, Talyn," [/b]she said soothingly, [b]"Do not let your anger take over at a time like this. You must agree that this is not the time!"

"Perhaps not. But I fear this to be my last battle."

"You are not going to die, Talyn," [/b]replied Kalei.

[b]"Oh, I do not fear that. I fear that by the time this battle is over, I will not have any fight left in me. My days with you are almost over, Kalei. But I will stay with you wherever you go, I owe you that much. But after this, you cannot ask me to fight any more! Those days are over! Promise me that once this is resolved, there will be no more fighting for me! Promise me, Kalei!"

"I...I can't promise you, Talyn...I never know when I could need you again..."

"Then let us pray that my life is taken this battle," [/b]replied Talyn coldly, turning away from Kalei, just in time to see Ena come carefully down the stairs, her clothes changed.

[b]"I think it is time for us to leave," [/b]said Kalei, wiping a tear from her eye. The group of Wakanda, and vampire, and half-breed followed her closely.

[i]My time is almost up...[/i]thought Talyn.

[i]Yes. You are not long for this world...[/i]came a soft reply that only he could hear...

---

OOC: I apologise for my absence, I just haven't been with the story for a while. Now I am caught up, I'm back on track.
[/size]