OtakuBoards

Love Me, Mr. Death [M-LVS]

demonchild781

[size=1]Talyn didn't much enjoy the task of carrying the body of Richard, along with his severed head, through this dark castle, but he knew that he had to. It was his last duty to his friend to allow him the proper last rights, and he had partially got him into that situation, so he had a duty to his friend.

Sin was a few steps ahead of Talyn, rounding corners so quickly Talyn could only ever see a brief glimpse of his back, but then he turned into a long, empty corridor, and as Talyn rounded the corner into the corridor, it was empty.

[b]"Sin?" [/b]he shouted, [b]"Sin? Where are you?"[/b] Suddenly, something impacted with the back of his head, and he was sent flying to the ground. Richard's body fell away from him, and his head rolled onto the hard stone of the floor.

Talyn jumped to his feet as a sword blade crashed down onto the ground where he had been lying a moment ago. The weapon was wielded by a crazed-looking Noals.

[b]"I may have lost Thayne and Richard, but I will break a Wakanda tonight!" [/b]she screamed, swinging the sword wildly at Talyn's head. He ducked, but she kept coming, lost in a haze of fury, the bloodlust that Talyn knew all too well now overpowering her normal senses.

Talyn ducked again, and dodged into another room, avoiding the wild swings of the crazed vampiress. He looked around him. Perfect. He was in the armoury. He felt behind him, and grabbed a long wooden shaft. It was a spear with an ornate blade on the end. Not his favourite weapon but it would have to do. He swung it round, thrusting the blade towards Noals. It pierced through her arm, but she kept coming, apparently oblivious to the pain. Talyn withdrew the spear and threw it to the ground, grabbing another weapon from the racks. A sword. More like it. He swung it and caught Noals on the temple, sending her spinning to the ground in a spray of blood.

Talyn grabbed a sheath from the rack and slung the weapon onto his back, running from the armoury in case Noals woke up. He ran around, trying to find Sin, but to no avail.

However, in one of the many corridors, he ran into someone...

(OOC: Tag, whoever wants it)
[/size]

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]Thayne had been to weak to keep awake as he was taken from the torture room. Sonn after, however, was put down on the ground and he heard foot steps going back the way they came. He had been unconcious for quite a while, and all he knew was that Sin had been holding him, and he had obviously putten his down now. He stood up and straightened out, suprised at the amount of strength he had. It suddenly clicked in his mind.

[B]"The serum Talyn gave me. It's returning my strength. He's a suprisingly good actor, had us all fooled. Where is he now? I'd best catch up with the others."[/B] He raced down the hallway at an amazing speed, and turned into another one. Before long he realized he had no idea how to get out of the labyrinth. He looked over the walls for a window or a door or something leading out. Nothing.

[B]"Shit! Where are the others? Are they sa--?"[/B] He stopped short as he heard swift footsteps coming his way. He looked around quickly for a weapon, and grabbed a straight blade off the wall, preparing to fight. He smiled to himself when he saw who it was. Talyn. He didn't lower his weapon, however. It wasn't so much that he didn't trust Talyn, it was just that he had attacked him thinking he was his enemy. He was ashamed of himself. Talyn ran up to Thayne.

[B]"You allright, Thayne? Where's Sin? Weren't you with him?"[/B] Thayne opened his mouth to answer but a scream came from behind Talyn. Talyn spun on his heel and growled at the assailant. It was Noals. Blood was flowing down her face, and her eyes were alive with anger. Her hands were gripped around the blade she was holding.

[B]"You...you bastard! You dirty Wakanda filth! Look at what you've done! I'll tear you limb from limb! I will break you!"[/B] Talyn readied himself to fight when Thayne put his hand on his shoulder. The look in his eyes was a similiar one to Noals. But his was of vengence. He swung the blade effortlessly in his hand and walked forward, speaking calmly.

[B]"So, Vampire whore...How does it feel? How does it feel to know that you're losing to Wakanda filth? Talyn here's already proven the the Wakanda soul is quite powerful and can even best the bloodlust of a Vampire."[/B] Thayne stopped in front of Noals and smiled. She lashed out against him with the blade in her hand. Thayne blocked and evaded her strikes. He smiled.

[B]"Look at you! You can't even hit me! What kind of superior race are you?"[/B] She roared with anger and stabbed at his chest. Thayne dodged to the left and stabbed her in her stomach. He drove his blade in deep, then leaned back and kicked her off of his blade. He stood over her menacingly, raised up his blade over his head, and brought it down. Noals squinted in anticipation for the blow. All she recieved was a sharp kick to the jaw. Thayne sheathed his blade and looked at Talyn.

[B]"Let's go. We need to rejoin the others, find Katima and Tegan, then get the hell out of the hell hole."[/B] He turned back to face Noals.

[B]"I won't kill you. You're not worth it. But we can't have you following us, no can we? Knocking you out won't be enough, so what?"[/B] Thayne hit her over the head fiercely with the blade sheath. [I]Knocking you out is a start, though.[/I] Talyn coughed and pointed down the corridor next to him.

[B]"I might have a solution for our problem. Follow me."[/B] Thayne lifted Noals body over his shoulder and followed Talyn. When they arrived at their destination, Thayne laughed. He threw Noals body down a flight of stairs and straight into the dungeon. He set up a flane barrier which he and Talyn imbued with light energy. Talyn turned to leave, but Thayne grabbed his shoulder.

[B]"I'm sorry. I should have known you'd never betray us. I'm really---"[/B] Talyn raised his hands to silence Thayne.

[B]"No worries, friend. I'm sorry that I had to assualt you, Jade and Richard, but let us put that behind us. Let us also make haste. We will do no good to the others down here."[/B]

[CENTER][B]+++++[/B][/CENTER]

[B]OOC:[/B] Hope that's alright, Wraith.[/SIZE]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Riley struggled to keep up with Ena's fast pace. It made her realize how well her partner had trained her. [B]"C'mon! We've got to keep moving!" [/B] She yelled at him. [B]"If we don't, we die!"[/B]
[B]"I'm sorry Miss Ena, it's just that, you're so...fast."[/B] Riley sighed.
[B]"Well, keep moving. Unless you want me to carry you."[/B] Ena beckoned him.
[B]"Miss Ena, I feel...weak."[/B] Riley shook his head.
[B]"Well, let me carry you then."[/B] Ena grabbed his hand and slipped him onto her back, carrying him through the long corridors of the first floor.

------------------

[B]"Ena!"[/B] A gruff voice beckoned the youngster.
[B]"Sorry!"[/B] She flinched out of fear.
[B]"Ena, you have to be quick. A vampire isn't going to be courteous and slow down for you. They want your blood."[/B]
[B]"I know. You've told me this many times."[/B]
[B]"Well the reason I say it, is because I'm not always going to be there to save your neck."[/B]

These were the words of Richard.

-----------------

[B]"Ena! We've found you!"[/B] A familiar voice called out to her and she turned toward the echoes. Thus emerged Thayne and Talyn.
[B]"Ah!"[/B] Ena smiled. [B]"Good. I was starting to get worried."[/B] She let the young one off her back and he slumped against the wall.

At that moment, a look of pure guilt and horror crossed Talyn's face. [B]"What's wrong?"[/B] She looked at him, puzzled.
Thayne stepped aside to show Ena what Talyn had been dragging all that while.

Richard's headless body.

Ena gasped, her hand rushed to her mouth.
[B]"Ena..."[/B] Talyn tried to speak, but found no words of comfort.
She turned from her comrades and stared into the dark abyss of the corridor. [B]"How and when did this happen?"[/B] She asked in a firm voice.
[B]"Just earlier."[/B] Thayne sighed. [B]"I don't know exactly how."[/B]
Riley looked up at her in sadness. [B]"Miss Ena..."[/B]

Her fists clenched tight. Her teeth practically grinded, trying to supress the sounds of whimpering. [B]"I don't think that I'm the one that will take this the hardest."[/B]
[B]"What are you talking about? He was your partner."[/B] Thayne spoke in objection.
[B]"Because he loved Katima!"[/B] She turned to face him, angry tears falling. [B]"He loved her..."[/B]
[B]"What are you talking about?"[/B]
[B]"There were times when we were alone overnight, waiting for orders. I could hear him speaking in his sleep. There were very little words he murmured, but the clearest of them was Katima's name."[/B] Ena sighed. [B]"I don't know if Katima knows the extent of his love for her, but indeed he did. He never once admitted it, but to me, it was obvious."[/B]

She put her hand on the wall and slumped to the floor.[B] "He never knew how I felt."[/B] She whispered.
Talyn walked forth, knelt down and put a hand on her shoulder. [B]"Ena, I'm so sorry."[/B]
She grabbed his hand, and lifted it off. [B]"I loved him like a brother. He was the only family that I had left..."[/B]

A few minutes passed and Ena quickly made a decision. [B]"Let's go, we can't stay here. Someone will find us."[/B] She helped Riley to his feet and picked him up. [B]"We'll go find the others."[/B]

[B]'Richard, you were right. You aren't here anymore...Goddamn you. I was hoping that you'd be here at least a little longer. It's not fair. But I have to go on. I can't cry because that was always weakness in your eyes. And I don't want to disappoint you anymore.

I only wish that you could've had your happiness. That's my only regret.

You've made me too tough for my own good...'[/B][/CENTER]

--------------

OOC: I hope that was okay. I figured that we couldn't stand around mourning all night. Can't make Ena seem like a crybaby now, can I?[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Sin was walking through the halls alone now, he had dropped Thayne off awhile back. Sin's anger was starting to get to him and he knew he shouldn't let Thayne be around when that happens. Sin made his way through the hall as he came across two vampires, both with cocky smiles on their face, staring down Sin. Sin's face dark and filled with anger, he made his way to the two vampires as they charged him.

Sin drew his sword lightning fast and cut one vampire down, he sheathed it as the other ducked passed Sin. He snatched the vampire by the throat and stabbed his hand into it's chest, he then sent a surge of dark energy through his hand into the vampires body. The vampire screamed as the energy burned through his body from the inside out. Sin turned the way he was going and continued.
[B]
"I need to find more."[/B] Sin said to himself as he was turning the corner to see more vampires running through halls to find the Wakanda that escaped. Sin charged this group and knocked them all over. He stood in the middel of the fallen vampires and clenched his fists, the energy engulfed his whole body and he sent it out as a wave.

The vampires catching sort of a black fire, Sin turned another corner looking for more as the other ones screamed with agony. He wasn't taking pleasuer in this as he usually did, he was killing for vengence. All the memories of past pains and loses were all coming back up, fueling his rage and anger. His anger seemed to fuel his new dark energy, it coursed through his veins like it was his own blood. All thoughts off his mission had faded from his mind, he was out for blood now. Vampire blood.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

OOC: Sorry about not posting. It's impossible to get on here at home. And how goes Angelus's comp DC?

[color=#CC0099][size=1]Katima whirled around at the commotion of the door being opened. Malik strode through the now open doorway, looking around quickly for the two who were sitting on the floor. He strode over, a smile on his face. Katima looked to Tegan, who looked back at her with concern.

[color=red]" Isn't this lovely? The brother and sister seemed to have made up,"[/color] Malik said softly, still smiling. Katima whirled around the best she could so that she could face the vampire Lord.

" What do you want?" she hissed. Tegan softly grabbed her on the arm, warning her not to push the vampire's temper.
Malik gave them both a sweet smile. " It seems your friends have escaped from the dungeon. And that one of your precious comrades seemed to have changed sides, or so am I told."

The last sentence hit Katima in the stomach like a lump of lead. [i]No... Talyn.... already?! I'm... I'm supposed to be there to stop him.... to... live up to the promise I made him.... I must....[/i]

Warm tears started to well in her eyes. She couldn't believe Talyn turned so fast. Tegan was as shocked as Katima, however, he kept his composure. He looked up at the vampire Lord.

" So, Talyn is here?" Tegan asked.
" Indeed he is," Malik replied. " He's aiding in the recapture of your comades."
Tegan grit his teeth. Katima shook her head, not believing what she had just heard.
" No.... Talyn.... would never....." she whispered.

Malik bent down to her height, taking her chin in his elegant hand. " I assure he would. He is doing what a vampire should do - fight Wakanda. Now, Katima... I think you should accompany me to a different room to your brother here. For your... safety."

He took her gently by the arm. Katima didn't fight back - she was too dazed from the news she had just received. Malik smiled. This was how he wanted her to be. He didn't want her to struggle, that would come later. Behind him, Malik could hear Tegan struggle to his feet. The vampire Lord turned towards the Wakanda with a smile on his face.

" Don't worry. I won't do much to her. I am a gentleman after all. As long as she consents, there is no reason to get angry, is there?"

Malik walked off chuckling, going through a pair of doors towards a very secure room inside the citadel of th vampires. He didn't want to take any chances, nor did he want to be interrupted. Katima walked on, with a little of Malik's encouragement, to where he was leading her.

They came to a room with gigantic wooden doors. The doors were extremely thick. Only a vampire would be able to move them. Malik pushed them open with ease as he led a dazed Katima into the pitch-black room. He shut the doors behind himself, letting no light into the room at all, still having a grasp upon Katima's arm.

Katima felt nothing but the warm touch of Malik's hand upon her arm. She could smell him too - a kind of salty blood smell mixed with a soft pungent scent of lily. It was total darkness, so she could not see a thing - she could only smell, touch, hear and taste.

A sudden warm, moist feeling slid up her neck. She shivered, a soft sigh escaping her lips. Malik had licked all the way up the side of her neck to her ear. He nibbled the earlobe softly before whispering in her ear.

" In this total darkness... Katima.... what should we do?"[/color][/size]

OOC: NO ONE is allowed to interrupt them. NO ONE!!

[size=1]Talyn turned away from the group and raised his nose to the air. He had smelt something. It was her.

[b]"You go on ahead. I have a little unfinished business to deal with," [/b]he said, running down the corridor. The others could not protest, as he had gone too far down the corridor to stop him.

[b]"Talyn!" [/b]shouted Thayne, and Talyn turned to see him, [b]"Go kick her ass for all of us!"[/b] Talyn smiled, and turned back, dodging around a corner.

[i]Noals...

[/i]She had become a severe annoyance, and now Talyn had to deal with her once and for all, or she would end up being the ruin of all of them. He felt the weight of the sword on his back, and it felt like it should have always been there. He felt much more comfortable with it slung over his shoulder.

He followed the scent of the vampiress that he had been so obsessed with the last few days, and it took him around a corner. She must have broken free of Thayne's flame barrier, and he wasn't too surprised. She was clearly a very strong being.

There she was, at the end of the corridor. The corridor itself was wreathed in flames, and she was guarded by a group of seven strong vampires. Her eyes were blazing with fury. She looked partially insane, her hair messed up and her clothes torn and ragged, burnt from the fire.

[b]"Talyn!" [/b]she snarled, [b]"It is the end for you! If my vampires do not kill you, then I will!"

"Very well," [/b]he replied, drawing his sword, and closing his eyes to calm himself. He heard the sound of the first vampire's footsteps coming towards him, followed by another two sets of steps.

He moved, and the first two vampires fell, their heads removed with a single slice. The third leapt at Talyn, who twirled and rammed the sword up through his ribs, straight into the heart.

The next wave came, the final four vampires, who were better than the first three. One of them managed to land a blow on Talyn's face, sending him to the floor, and the rest began to kick him brutally, breaking bones with their kicks, until Talyn drew the sword again and rammed it into a leg. One of the vampires leapt away, screaming and clutching his leg, and Talyn took this opportunity to leap to his feet, throwing the vampires off.

[b]"Kill him! For god's sake kill him!" [/b]screamed Noals, spittle flying from her mouth.

One of the vampires managed to rip Talyn's sword from his hands, and ended up pointing the weapon at Talyn's throat. He smiled, and clapped his hands on the vampire's temples. He grunted and fell backwards, the sword flying into the air. Talyn caught it and swung it into another vampire, killing him.

3 left...
[/size]

Jade continued up the stairs, ignoring the screams of pain that chased after her. Soon she could hear nothing but her own breathing. The first door she tried was bared and locked. She considered that this could be where Tegan was? [I]no, continue on?[/I]

---------------

[COLOR=DimGray][B]?Jade, this is ridiculous, why are we out here anyway??[/B]

She turned and ground out a cigarette with her heal. [B]?Because the bartender tipped me off.?[/B]

Tegan sighed and leaned back against the alley wall.[B] ?So, how long are you planning to wait??[/B]

[B]?As long as it takes?[/B]

[B]?Right.? [/B] He sat there and looked at her for awhile

[B]?What??[/B]

[B]?Nothing. Your eyes are, glowing.?[/B] He stood and walked over to her, brushing a hand down her face [B]?They?re so bright, like emeralds.?[/B]

She smiled and pulled back from him, leaning against the wall [B]?I?ve neva seen an emerald, so I wouldn?t know?[/B]

[B]?Jade??

?Wha??

?Move.? [/B] Tegan grabbed her arm and threw her to the ground as three vampires came up from behind some garbage bins directly behind where she had been standing. Tegan drew his guns and fired until they were all dust?[/COLOR]

---------------

There it was, a set of large oak doors. [I]Locked.[/I] She pulled her guns and kicked the latch while pulling at the grains. The doors splintered open.

Tegan was pacing across the floor, he looked up sharply as she entered

[B]?Jade!?[/B] He ran to her and picked her off the floor hugging her. [B]?you?re ok?[/B]

[B]?Well yeah, though I might be missin some ribs if ya don?t let me down? [/B]

Tegan set her down and brushed a braid out of her face [B]?Come on, we have to hurry, they?ve taken Katima.?[/B]

[B]?Tegan I?? [/B] he turned and looked at her. She considered the look in his eyes. [I]She didn?t want to do this, all she wanted was to get the hell out of there. But that look. It was his sister after all? [/I] [B]?OK, lets go?[/B]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Noals allowed a smirk cross her face as she took the crippled vampire and tore his head from his body. "I will not talerate weakness," she hissed as she threw the corpse to the ground. Her attention then was drawn back to the wakanda traitor and the other two vampires.

Despite Noals wishes, she knew that these two vampires were no match for the wakanda, or whatever he was now. His succulent scent rose into the corridor and filled the vampiress with lust. She licked her lips, dragging her tongue carefully over her enlongated canines.

After watching Talyn slay yet another vampire, Noals stepped forward, shouting: "enough of this game, wakanda. I want to taste your flesh and watching this underlings attempt to kill you is driving me mad."

The last remaining vampire slowly slithered away as Noals stalked forward, paying little mind to the fact that her clothing was in much need of repairing or that her hair had been distrubed by the struggle to escape her temporary prision.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/CENTER]

Kalei could hear the roar of commition raising all around her, clouding her mind as she tried to find Malik, for he was sure to have Tegan and Katima in custody. No matter how much she tried to wash the thought from her mind, she couldn't help but dread what the vampire lord had down to them.

Kalei grabbed the edge of the wall as she rounded the corner and started up the flight of stairs. When she reached the landing before the next flight of stairs she came face to face with a vampire, the one that had held her captive not long ago.

" Phineas," Kalei chuckled lightly.

"Hello wakanda bitch," the vampire smoldered a burning glare as he stepped down off the last step.

"Where's Malik?"

"As if I would tell you that, Kalei. You might have the lord's desired eye, but you do not have mine."

"How I wish that was so," Kalei slid her left foot back as she gathered light energy between her hands. "But I have no time to waste on you." Kalei lowered her head and whispered a chant before throwing the small mass of energy into the air. It hit the ceiling and burst into brillant light, giving Kalei enough time to sneak past the vampire and up the last flight of stairs.

Kalei raced down the hallway, the uncontrollable urge to vomitt creeping more violently up her throat as she turned into a slightly larger area, a lobby perhaps. And on the other side of the lobby was a stranger with a very familiar face.

"Tegan!" Kalei cried out as she rushed across the lobby and embraced the young wakanda. "Oh my precious Tegan!"[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER]Tegan embraced her long lost mentor just as he had for Katima...warm and compassionate, it was so good to see her. However his mind was on other things...Jade wanted to get out of there...he could sense the feeling that she had for him, and it was devine to feel such a thing. And she was right...they had to get out of there...

Suddenly Tegan began to weep...not uncontrolably...but it was obvious that tears began to form in his eyelids, as if he were in pain...struggling with something inside him. Kalei backed away slightly to take a look at him...he had grown up...and was much stronger. It delighted her to see him again, but something bothered her.

Pushing himself a slight distance away from Kalei, Tegan leaned from side to side in what seemed to be a daze and suddenly fell to his knees and hands, pucking blood out across the entire floor. Jade came over to him quickly after and wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

[B]"Tegan!"[/B] she cried out in concern...[B]"what's wrong?"[/B]

[B]"I can...feel...what he's doing..."[/B] he replied as the blood subsided, only in mucus onto the stone floor.

[B]"Katima..."[/B] Kalei instintively replied as she looked across the lobby at an adjacent room. [B]"She's in there...with Malik!"[/B]

Once again Tegan pucked blood, his eyes were now blood-shot, turning almost completely red...

[B]"We need to get out of here Kalei...he's dying!"[/B] yelled Jade, feeling more determined than ever to get the hell out of this castle.

[B]"...Kalei..."[/B] Tegan muttered as she knelt down to him, her hands on his cheeks, holding his gaze upon hers. "...you must...help...h.....her....before..." this time a sudden shiver jolted through his body...causing him to tense up greatly....

Then Kalei felt it...the same feeling that happened two years ago when he left...but this time it was different...more...controlled...

Without a second thought Kalei kissed Tegan on the forehead and ran to the door where Katima was being held.

Jade carefully brought Tegan to his feet and held him. [B]"It's now my turn to save you." [/B]She held him tight...praying that he would be ok.

[B]"Thank you.....Jade..."[/B] he struggled to say...but did it clearly enough for her to understand.

[B]"What's happening to...?"[/B] but Jade stopped herself...this had happened before...back in Australia...back when...

Before she could say anything...Tegan spoke clearly as ever...[B]"if we dont get out of here...it'll be too late..."[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][RIGHT]
OOC: Astdis, you have a choice whether to get out of the castle...or wait and see what happens to Tegan. If you choose to wait, PM me with questions...and I'll tell you what's going on. [/RIGHT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]The vampiress stalked forward through the flames, her eyes now almost glowing with hatred. Her clothes were badly ripped, her skin was scorched, her hair was flyaway, and her eyes held the look of madness.

[b]"How I have longed for this moment, Wakanda, ever since I first lay eyes on you. You have plagued my every thought," [/b]she snarled, [b]"And you know, while you are here, your precious friend Katima is alone with Master Malik. And that can only mean one thing."

"Shut up!" [/b]shouted Talyn, readying his sword, [b]"Katima is going to be fine! Kalei and the others are here now!"

"Do you really think that one pathetic Wakanda will be able to stop Master Malik? He is the single most powerful vampire on the face of the planet! Not even the full force of your Wakanda could stop him!"

"Kalei is no ordinary Wakanda. Your Malik may be the most powerful vampire, but he is no match for Kalei. She can do things you can't even imagine."

"Well, enough about them. Now it is time for us to fight, and Wakanda, I will kill you. No matter how long we fight, you will perish."

"Perhaps. But not until I have destroyed you, vampire, and stopped you from killing any more of my friends. Now come, fight me."

[/b]The vampiress leapt, her fangs flashing, and landed, both her feet planted directly onto Talyn's chest, sending him crashing backwards through a door.

[b]"Now let's make this interesting," [/b]said Noals, grabbing Talyn and throwing him upwards through a window. He crashed through it, and the vampiress leapt after him, smashing him down onto the roof of the castle.

Talyn leapt to his feet, slightly bruised and cut from the broken glass, but still pretty much unharmed.

[b]"The sun is rising, Wakanda. Let's see who can last the longest out here before we burn," [/b]she snarled, and Talyn looked to the horizon. The sun was rising very quickly. They had twenty minutes, tops, before the sun had risen completely...
[/size]

[B]?Tegan? Oh bloody hell?? [/B] [I]not again[/I]. She had seen this before, just before he left? [I]before he ran[/I].

[CENTER]Things had gone wrong with the cops, they believed Tegan had murdered someone and he was locked up. Jade had had her hands full trying to convince them the guy he?d offed was a vampire. That?s when it happened. He had shown up on her doorstep in the middle of the night, she knew now that he had been on the edge, but then she hadn?t had a clue.
When it happened last time, he ran, leaving a note in her unconscious hand that read [I]"[B]One day I'll show you what an emerald looks like[/B]."[/I][/CENTER]

This was the side of him that was different from other Wakanda; that made his eyes glow red and she suspected made him pause before killing vampires, [I]why he always had to have a reason.[/I]

Tegan pulled away from her and turned his back. [I]He obviously didn?t want her to deal with this. Well, that was too bad, he wasn?t running from her this time.[/I]

[B]?Hey, you gala, turn back around.?[/B]

Tegan turned and looked at her questioning. [I]Ok, so she was getting a little narky. She didn?t care. If he was trying to protect her, it was too damn late.[/I] She walked over to him and put a hand ruffly through his messy red hair, holding his head so his eyes met hers [B]?We?re getting out of here. Now.?[/B]

Tegan looked at her for a moment, and then nodded. He placed a hand on her shoulder and they started down the hall. About half way, a vampire turned from a side room and ran right into them. [I]He was obviously headed for the fighting behind them[/I]. Jade quickly pulled a knife but Tegan stopped her.

He grabbed the vampire by the throat and lifted him up. Jade couldn?t see what was going on. She went to move around Tegan, but when she could see, he dropped the vamp?s limp body to the ground. [I]Dead. No, not dead, empty[/I].

Tegan closed his eyes and shivered. The cuts on his arms healed. He turned to Jade and almost floated to her. [I]No limp, no weakness that had been there before when she found him[/I]. He brushed the stray braids out of her face gently with his hand and leaned in as if to kiss her. He stopped, inches from her lips. He pulled back slightly and smiled at her.

[B]?Come on Sheila, let?s go.?[/B]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Sin walked through the halls looking for something to kill, after his last batch the vampires seemed to disappear cowering out of Sin's path. He face still dark, blood splattered on his clothes, face and hands. He didn't care, his anger was still controlling him and it wasn't subsiding. The dark energy he was producing wasn't relaxing him anymore either, it seemed to fuel his anger.

And the stronger his anger got the stronger the dark energy seemed to get. Sin took little notice to this, he just wanted to find something to kill. He crossed an intersection to three other hallways, he stood in the middle and looked over each, trying to decide which way to turn. He saw Jade and Tegan standing infront of one of the hallways, Jade smiled at Sin. Sin's face still dark and serious.
[B]
"Sin, it's bloody good to see you."[/B] Jade took one step towards him and the dark energy flared around him, as if a defensive measuer. She stepped back when she saw this and the energy dropped away.
[B]
"Sin, whats the matter with you."[/B] He stared at her with his blood red eyes, seeing her heart pump a little faster because of her worry towards him, he could also see Tegans heart beating at a regular rate. Not effected by Sin's reaction to Jades approach, Tegan stepped towards Sin and the energy flared once more around Sin. Tegan kept his steady pace, Sin unmoving and staring down Tegan. Tegan stopped a good two feet away. Sin turned to another hallway and started to walk away from them, Tegan spoke to Sin.
[B]
"Kalei is facing Malik, you need to see what happens."[/B] Sin turned his head to look at Tegan form the corner of his eye.
[B]
"No I don't. She will kill him. There will be no point for me to be there."[/B] Sin took another step when Tegan spoke again.
[B]
"Malik knows the vampire that made you what you are."[/B] Sin stopped and lifted his head he did a full turn and faced Tegan.
[B]
"Which way?"[/B] Tegan point behind them, Sin instantly moved that direction. He stopped when he was side by side with Tegan.
[B]
"Make sure Katima comes out alive."[/B]
[B]
"I will."[/B] Sin walked down the hall way took the room where he was told Malik would be.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]priest looked up holding her cross bow in her right hand, the two had run into a bit of trouble after getting there and it was obvious by the scratches and dirt that stained priest's black shirt brown. One of her sleeves ripped to streads.

Ashley huffed some and looked back at priest, her eyes showing a bit of fear mixed with anger. blood ran down her arm and dripped on to the floor. Priest turned towards her."you'll be fine." Ashley jerked her head up and looked at Priest a bit angry. "the gash isn't that bad..." They were on the second floor and had been there for a short while now.

"I need to wrap up my arm.." Ashley looked back at her, Priest stared at her blankly before turning around. She ran her hand through her hair and sighed looking ahead of her."make sure you don't wrap to tight." priest could barely hear her response that sounded some what like okay.

Ashley walked towards the door they came out of pacing while wrapping her arm. Priest turned around and looked at her for a second before turning back to the hall ahead of them. Priest had paced down the hall with a death grip on her cross bow for a while now, yet it still seemed oddly quiet. Ashley leaned against the wall by the door that lead to the stair way. Hearing a few feet hurry up the stairs but, not taking any notice, she finished wrapping her arm.

Priest made her way down the hall way again gripping her bow still. Slowing her pace once she got near the end of the hallway, she turned around and looked back down the hall, her grip loosening on the weapon in her hand. Priest looked at the door across from her and then looked down the hallway again, a cracking sound caught her attention before the loud slam of the door breaking off the hinges echoed through the hall. she tightened her grip on the cross bow

Not having time to even curse, Priest tried to move back watching the door hit the wall. Ashley looked up. [/SIZE]

ooc- sorry for the lack of posting, been on punishment for a bit.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Kalei could feel her heart being torn in two. She desperately wanted to help Jade with Tegan, but she knew that some one had to rescue Katima from Malik, and there was no one way she was putting one of the team in her place. For now she'd have to gritt her teeth and bare with her decision.

She slowly made her way across the lobby, Malik's scent filling the air as she stopped just a few inches from the door. Katima's energy was pulsing, but it wasn't from fighting. No it was more of a loathing then the adrenaline rush one might feel during a battle. It was suttle, but powerful nonetheless.

Kalei reached for the door and grasped the door handle. It wasn't a knob but the one that you had to push down on your thumb. It was locked, which was to be expected. Kalei placed the palm of her hand over the key hole and whispered a soft chant. A sudden click notified the Wakanda that the door had been unlocked. Taking a deep breath, Kalei pushed the door open.

[CENTER]~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Talyn swirled around and landed a blow to Noals back, some where towards the middle. The sharp blade dug deep into her flesh and nearly knocked her off her feet. Stumbling forward, the vampiress quickly regained her footing and did a half back-flip to avoid yet another attack from the wakanda.

"You're a greater warrior then I had expected, but that makes no difference to me. I will taste your blood and I will spill that of your precious friends," Noals snarled as she threw two punches and landed a kick to Talyn's lower leg. He buckled under the force, but caught Noals next punch, the vampire was slowing down and the sun was rising fast.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/CENTER]

The door swung open and Kalei took in the sight of Malik bent over Katima. She was penned up against a wall, a bloody mess with Malik holding her up with one hand on her shoulder. His other hand was intwined in her hair and neck, tipping her head back slightly as he bent forward in a position to kiss her.

"KATIMA!" Kalei shouted and the pink haired Wakanda suddenly snapped awake.

"DARK FLAME!" shouted Katima, throwing her hands into Malik.

A low grunt let lose as the vampire lord soared across the room, into random furniture, and finally crashing into the wall. The small clatter of still falling debri was the only thing to be heard as Kalei rushed forward to catch Katima before she dropped.

"Oh, Katima, my dear precious Katima," Kalei stroked the thick pink hair of the girl lovingly as tears streamed down her face.

"Where's Tegan?" Katima asked.

"Jade is with him. They are leaving the building as we speak. Can you stand, walk?"

"Yeah," Kalei helped her to her feet and started towards the door.

"You honestly think that attack was going to kill me, my dear." The deep masculine voice of Malik swept through the room.

Kalei turned towards him, pushing Katima towards the door as she prepared to fight the man that haunted her dreams. No...not the man, the creature that had made her whole life something she never wanted it to be, but yet, help make it bearable all at the same time.

Malik rushed forward and before Kalei could shove Katima out of the way, the vampire lord had the girl by the throat and against the wall. Kalei swirled around and was about to attack him, but he swatted her aside.

"How does she taste, Kalei? Is she as sweet as you?" Malik said above Katima's roaring protest and kicking.

Kalei rushed to her feet and reached a hand out as Malik through his mouth around Katima's neck.

"SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER!"

The room fell deafly silent.

"Katima and her twin brother Tegan, they're your children." Kalei said softly, fighting back the urge to fall to the floor.

Malik turned around sharply and glared at Kalei. "How is that possible? I've not given myself fully to any woman except..." Malik's sentence trailed off, allowing Katima to fall to the floor with a thud. He slowly walked towards Kalei and grabbed a hold of the Wakanda leader's shoulders. "You...gave birth to my children?"

Kalei stared into the blood red eyes of the man she had loved beyond life and nodded, "seven months after you left to fight the wakanda."

[CENTER]OOC: Hope that spices things up a bit. Um...Solar Princess is no longer with us. So Sinistra or madnessofthecat, if you two want to have a battle envolving her character, please do so and then kill off her character please. Thanks[/CENTER][/FONT]

[size=1]Noals delt a barrage of bone-breaking blows to the Wakanda, pummeling him to the ground. He was bruised and battered, and he was on the verge of giving up and dying. He looked to the horizon as he was smashed to the floor by a particularly vicious punch.

The sun was almost fully risen by now. Talyn was reminded of the first time he had properly appreciated a sunrise, back in that field with Kalei. He knew that if he died, then he would want to die under a sunset.

So he looked up to the almost feral vampiress, and let his sword drop to the floor. He smiled at her, and said:

[b]"Looking at the sun, I'd say we've got around two minutes before the sun rises completely. So either you can stay here, beating me to death, and fry as soon as the sun reaches its peak, or you can run, hiding from the sun, but leaving me to an unknown fate. I could sit here and die now, or I could run and be free. It's your choice. Do you make sure I am dead, or run away and hope?"

"I will not kill you now, Wakanda. But I will wait. I will watch you burn under the sun's rays, even if I have to burn also. It will be a pleasure to have the last thing I see as you perishing," [/b]she replied, leaving off him for a moment, watching as the sun peeked over the horizon, risen fully.

Talyn got to his feet, and faced Noals. She began to moan in pain as the sun scorched her flesh, and she looked at Talyn, who was apparently unaffected. She looked confused as her skin began to flake away and crumble into ash.

[b]"Why?" [/b]she cried, her voice distorted by the lack of some major organs needed to speak, [b]"Why aren't you burning?"

"At a guess, I'd say it is the reason you hate me so much. I am not a pure vampire. I was turned only a few hours ago. My Wakanda side is still strong enough to resist, and the fact that I took a triple dose of the Sin's anti-vampire serum under an hour ago means that my Wakanda side has enough strength to resist the sun. I would also assume that I have some natural resistance because of my area of expertise as a Wakanda, the power of light."

"You were leading me on this whole time?" [/b]she snarled, her body barely recognisable now.

[b]"Oh, no. I had only made a few educated guesses. It was entirely possible that I would end up dying as well. But I was prepared to take that risk."

"You would die just to stop me?" [/b]her body was crumbling away now, and she fell to the floor.

[b]"Yes. That's just the kind of person I am."

[/b]Noals crawled towards Talyn, and reached out a crumbling hand of ash, and he kicked it away, shattering it into millions of pieces. She raised what was left of her head and screamed, before the sun burnt her body away entirely.

Talyn watched this, but then he fell to the floor, overwhelmed by his injuries. His nose was broken, several of his ribs were broken, he probably had extensive internal bleeding, one of his legs felt like it was broken. He lay on the rooftop, waiting to see if someone could find him, a small pool of blood gathering around his mouth...
[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][CENTER]As Sin made his way past Jade and Tegan, Tegan stared obsessively at Sin...admiring his increase in power...
[I]
ah......what a delight...so full....so....out of control......[/I] Tegan licked the top and bottom of his lips when Jade suddenly pulled at his arm to bring his attention towards her.

[B]"Why did you call me Sheila?"[/B] questioned Jade as Tegan finally got his thoughts of hunger onto her. It had been a long time since she had been called by that name.
[B]
"It's not important right now Jade"[/B] brushing yet again another strand of hair from her face...softly gliding the back of hand against her cheek. [B]"we need to leave....now.''[/B]

Tegan wanted to run after Sin...and then ultimately to his sister and Kalei...but he and Jade needed to get out of there...he didn't want anyone to see him like this...Sin had already seen enough.

Without question Jade agreed and took his hand and both of them sprinted through the dark hallways of the castle...trying to find their way to an exit.

Suddenly a batch of vampires appeared in front of both of them. Immidiately Tegan's eyes lite up with delight as he began to levitate himself once again in his arousal. Noticing this, Jade grabbed him and lunged into a neighboring room and locked the door.

Tegan napped out of his sudden trance at the sight of the vampires and began to help Jade block the door. The two of them had been in so many situations like this before...it brought back some good memories between the two of them.

After finding every piece of furniture that they could find to block the door, Tegan turned around to witness through the window the rising of the sun. Walking up to it, Tegan punched through with his bare hands, shattering the glass into a million pieces. The opening was quite large, and Tegan motioned for her to stand beside her.

Hearing the smashind and pounding noises against their blockage, Jade could hear the voices of a dozen or so vampires trying to get in. She walked up beside Tegan only to be swept into his arms just as fast.

She smiled up at him and wrapped her arms around his neck. As the vampires began to break through...Tegan squated slightly...gathering all the strength in his legs and propelled himself into the air.

Using the power of the wind, Tegan was able to get enough height and speed to clear the walls of the castle below and land safely in a medow close to the castle ground.

Tegan let Jade from his hold as she looked at the distance they had just traveled[I]...amazing...[/I]

But something was wrong, she turned around to see Tegan breathing heavily, almost weezing[I]...his body was craving more...[/I]

The sun was minutes away from rising...

[B]"Tegan...are you alright...?"[/B] Jade questioned, taking a few steps towards him.

[B]"I'm fine...however..."[/B] suddenly he stretched both his arms outward from his body, and began to flew his fingers. He wasn't stretching....but seemed to be trying to grasp a hold upon some invisible object.
[B]
"Did...you find the rest of them...?"[/B] questioned Tegan has he had a breif moment of difficulty talking obviously under some kind of strain.

[B]"I found some of them...but why?"[/B] Jade quickly responded, as she looked curiously at Tegan for what he was doing.

A pulse of energy burst from Tegan's being, almost pushing Jade to the ground as Tegan slowly began to pull his arms across his chest, his hands gripping themselves tightly. Slight bolts of purple shot from his fists...intensifying with each burst.

[B]"Because...things are going to get a lot more difficult."[/B]

With that statement Jade turned towards the castle and stared in fear......something in the shades of purple and black began to form above the castle...growing bigger and bigger as Tegans hands came closer together.

Turning back to the castle, the phenomina began to take the form of what looked like a black hole...sucking in little piece of stone, slowly intensifying in power.

[B]"Tegan!"[/B] she cried out...turning back to him...[B]"your sister...Kalei....the rest of them are still in there!" [/B]

[B]"Then I suggest....that they start to hurry up."[/B][/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Ena continued through the labyrinth of corridors. While it might have been sunrise outside, Malik's castle proved to be the darkest of all things. A personal reflection of himself.

Carrying Riley was no easy task, but Ena knew that she had to find the others. She told Thayne she would do so if he stayed with Richard's body.

----------------

"Kalei, do you mind if I ask you something?" Ena approached her leader.

"Of course not Ena. What is it?"

"Well, I wanted to know about Riley-"

"Oh. I see. Well Ena, I must confess that Riley is different. He has a sensitivity..."

"What do you mean?"

"Riley goes very weak and can even pass out when his body senses massive amounts of energy." Kalei said. "However, I figured that you would be able to handle him as an apprentice. I know that you're strong enough to keep an eye on him, I trust you Ena."

"Yes Kalei."

-----------------

"Ena!" A girl's voice called out. "Ena, is that you?"

"Fyuora?" Ena turned around and set Riley down, realizing that he had passed out.

"Oh thank god that we've found someone." She smiled as Jordan walked over to Riley, already seeming to know of his condition.

For those few seconds that everyone was silent, Ena heard footsteps. They weren't Wakanda. "Jordan, stay by Riley, don't leave him. Fyuora, get ready, we're in for a fight."

The two watched in anticipation as four vampires leaped our from the darkness. "Look boys, a pair of Wakanda whores." One jeered.

"Look Fyuora, a group of Vampire bitches." Ena mocked him.

"Silence girl! You shouldn't speak." One stepped foward.

"Why don't you come over here and make me?" She teased.

"A fiesty one." He smirked. "I like that. Your neck is the first I'll bite."

"Y'know, I'm kinda waiting for you to try." Ena retorted. "I'm pissed, and you're messing with the wrong bitch."

"Ooooh! I'm scared." The vampire taunted.

"Mother is gone, my partner is dead, and my apprentice is out cold. And it all your fault." Ena quivered with rage "I hate you! I hate you all!" Her entire body burst unleashed a mass of flames and she charged forth with Fyuora.

Ena could hardly control herself as she beat one vampire senseless, killing him as she snapped his neck.

[CENTER][I]'That was for Richard.'[/I][/CENTER]

The other two pounced on her and she struggled to fight them off. Fyuora seemed to be facing off the leader as she turned to see Ena's struggle in the corner of her eye. She turned around and went to assist Ena, but it was to no avail.

"Never turn your back on a vampire!" The leader pulled out a knife, and stabbed Fyuora in the back.

"No!" Ena yelled as she pushed one off and kicked the other, running to help Fyuora. She lunged at the leader and they fell to the ground, scrambling to get back to their feet. Ena thrusted her hand into his chest and flames incinerated him. The other two ran off to warn the others.

Fyuora fell to the ground, blood slipping from her lips. Jordan sat and watched as his master tried to keep herself strong, but was falling apart before his very eyes.

"Ena, I'm sorry...that I couldn't help...you." She panted, her breaths getting shorter by the second.

"No, I'm sorry that I couldn't save you in time." Ena tried to hold back her tears for the second time that night. "But you'll be alright. C'mon, I'll have Jordan carry Riley-"

"No Ena. Thank you, but that's okay. I'm not going to make it." Fyuora smiled weakly. "But I'll tell Richard that you miss him."

That was it for Ena, she just couldn't hold back the tears. "I'll miss you too, Fyuora."

With that said, her smile remained. "Jordan. You be good for...Ena. She's a good person...she'll watch out for you."

"Yes ma'am." Jordan, too, could hardly hold back tears.

"At least I'll get to be with [I]him[/I] now..." Fyuora sighed, and her breathing stopped.

Ena closed her friend's eyes and got up slowly. "Jordan, you're my responsibilty now. Stay with me and you'll be fine. She'll be watching from above now."

[I][CENTER]'Richard...please watch over me...'[/CENTER][/I]

The surge hit, and Ena knew something was going on. "C'mon. We've only got a little bit of time to get out of here!" She grabbed Riley and the three of them made their way towards the entrance of the fortress.

---------------

OOC: I'll be taking over Jordan if that's okay. Can't have him just disappear into thin air. If need be, PM and I'll change whatever needs to be changed.[/SIZE]

[color=#CC0099][size=1]Those words kept repeating in her head as she slumped to the floor.

[i]They're your children. They're your children. They're your children.[/i]

Katima's unfocused pink-red eyes looked up at Malik and Kalei. Malik gripped Kalei roughly by the shoulders, his red eyes piercing and unforgiving. He gave a quick glance to the girl who was slumped against the wall, seeing her in a different way now. That... was his own flesh and blood. His eyes came back to the woman he had made love to, to make what sat over against the wall.

At first, he didn't know what to say to Kalei. But his anger and wrath grew.

" How is this possible..... the Vampire Lord... and the Wakanda leader..... half-breeds..... two of them."

Kalei looked up at the Vampire Lord. " No matter how you think... they are still your children."

Malik growled. He roughly let go of Kalei and walked over to Katima who looked up at him, dazed and shocked. He crouched in front of her, taking her chin in his hand roughly. He inspected her before letting her go and turning to Kalei.

" You have to be mistaken. These two cannot be my children. They are weak. Especially the girl."

The fortress then rocked with an unnatural force. Kalei looked around, sensing this was Tegan's doing. She dashed forward to Katima, helping to her feet. Malik whirled around to find a huge chunk of the ceiling had fallen between him and the two Wakanda. He growled and punched the rock, it flying backwards and bl;asting to smithereens. When the dust had settled a bit, he found no trace of the two Wakanda.

" Kalei.... we'll be continuing this discussion some other time," the Vampire Lord growled.

[center]==========================[/center]

Kalei and Katima had made it out into the hall when they had run into Sin. Sin looked down at the two.

" What happened?" he asked gruffly, noticing Katima's distant persona.
" Never mind that," Kalei said urgently, " We have to get out of here. Now. It's about to collapse."
" Right," Sin said. He took Katima in his arms easily then he and Kalei started to sprint down the hall, urgently needing to find an exit.[/color][/size]

[size=1]Talyn rolled onto his front, blood still dribbling gently from his partially-open mouth. He could feel blood filling up his lungs, and there was probably a rib pierced through at least one of his lungs as well. He climbed slowly to his feet, wobbling slightly on his painfully-broken leg. He inched his way over to the side of the castle roof, and looked down. It was a long way to drop, and one he couldn't have managed even if he was at full health, let alone now.

And to make matters worse, somewhere over the other side of the castle, a massive gravitational energy surge had just appeared, and it was tearing the castle apart. He presumed that it was something to do with Tegan, as long as he was still alive

[i]As long as any of them are still alive, [/i]he thought, [i]Kalei is probably fine, but I'm not so sure about Tegan and Katima. They've been under a lot of stress these last few hours. I hope Ena and Fyoura are all right. Sin should be, he's always been able to look after himself. What about Thayne? He was pretty weak, even after that formula I gave him.

What would I do if any more of them died?

What would they do if I died?

I have to get off this roof...

[/i]He looked past the miniature black hole that had just opened above the castle towards the sun. It had always given him energy before, why shouldn't it now, just because of a change in DNA? He dropped to the floor and began to drag himself over by his hands to the other side of the castle. It was risky, moving that close to the black hole created (he presumed) by Tegan, but he had to get into the sun.

He slowly dragged himself out of the shadows and into the bright morning sunlight. The solar energy beamed down on him, and he drew strength from it. He absorbed the energy through his skin, and it coursed through him like blood in his veins.

Then something happened that had never happened before. His leg snapped back into place, and he felt the bones almost liquefy as they joined back together. The same happened to most of his ribs, and he felt the blood draining out of his lungs. He got shakily to his feet and walked over to the edge of the roof. He saw the rest of the Wakanda standing outside the castle, waiting for survivors. He was about to call to them when a voice shocked him.

[b]"Wakanda!" [/b]it hissed. Talyn turned. It was one of the other vampires he had come across during his time on their side. He looked angry, almost as angry as Noals had been when she had perished, only this one was armed, with a long, vicious-looking glaive, and flanked by a large group of other vampires, all equally armed, but making sure to stay in the shade.

[b]"Now, Noals might have been too proud to let anybody take you down, but I don't care about that. Any one of my men can take you out, I just want to see you die!" [/b]he said, leaping at the Wakanda, who only just drew his sword in time to parry the blow.

[b]"Now, if you run, we can go ahead and destroy your little friends, so there's not point. You have to fight us, and win, to save your friends. And the odds are not looking in your favour, my friend. you are one Wakanda against eight vampires, all of them top-class fighters. You are going to lose, friend," [/b]he said smugly, before ordering the rest of his men to charge.

Talyn couldn't fight them all off...
[/size]

[SIZE=1]Thayne had been escaping with everyone else when he realized that Talyn was nowhere to be found. Though Tegan's black hole was liable to such this whole building into a dark abyss, Thayne couldn't allow Talyn to suffer that fate. He seperated himself from the group swiftly, and felt for Talyn's energy.

It took him a while, but finally he tracked it. But it wasn't alone. A batallion of powerful vampires was there with him. And his aura was faint. Thayne quicked his pace and bolted up the flights of stairs to the top of the castle. He wasn't going to allow Talyn's life to end in this wretched castle.

He blasted out onto the roof just as the men charged Talyn. Thayne, with unbelieveable speed, unsheathed his blade, and sprung forwards. The vampires were powerful enough to resist most effect of the sun, but they weren't expecting an attack from behind. He jumped in front of Talyn and roared, mightily, send a wall of flames at them. He turned to Talyn.

[B]"Are you alright?"[/B] Talyn nodded and spun his blade in his hand, his eyes burning with a inner fire.

[B]"Better now. Let's take these guys before this building gets obliterated and we're doomed to the same fate."[/B] Thayne picked the four on the right, Tlayn the four on the left. They sprung at their rivals. Thayne's skill with a blade wa simpressive, but it alone wouldn't be neought ot take four highly skilled vampires. Magic would, however.

His blade collided with a steel shield that the closest vampire was holding. The vampire to the lance he was holding and stabbed at Thayne. Thayne pushed his energy outward in the form of light, and the creature was stunned, though only for a bit. Only just long enough for Thayne to lop his head off. A loud noice from behind cause Thayne to spin and duck, just barely avoiding the path of a massive battle axe.

Thayne took a step back, then was forced to jump again, as the piece of earth he was standing on was being sucked into the black hole. He looked around hastily. These guys were annoying, and it was quite possible that Thaye and Taly would sucke dinto that thing. But if they went to the others... They weren't strong enough to fend of the vamps.

He looked to Talyn, who, though doing well against the vampires, would undoubtedly take a while as well. Thayne jumped over a glaive strike and deflected an axe blow. He kicked the axe into the black hole, leaving the vampire defenseless. He shoved his foot into it chest, launching it to the edge of the roof. IT slid, stopped, stood back up, and came back for more. Thayne grolwed.

[B]"Nuisances. I'll rip you limb from limb."[/B] He swirled his sword in his hand, lighting it on fire and channeling light into the blade. He did a sweeping cut into the air, launching a wave of energy at them. He smirked to himself. [I]Time's ticking away...Will we make it?[/I]

[B][CENTER]+++++[/CENTER][/B]

[B]OOC: Wraith, if you want to end the battle now, go ahead and do so. I just didn't want to accidentally make it too short.[/B][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Kalei wrapted Katima's arm around her shoulders and practly hauled her daughter down the long flight of stairs. Neither Wakanda had spoken a word since the insidence with Malik only moments ago. All that was on Kalei's mind was getting out of the building as the roof was being sucked into oblvion, and a little something else.

[CENTER]****************[/CENTER]

[COLOR=SlateGray]Kalei groaned and held back the scream that crept up her throat. The unexplainable pain that engulfed every bone, muscle, tendon, and nerve from her diaphram down had grown past the point of simple sensation into a massive ball of mush.

"Push, Kalei," a nurse maid spoke into Kalei's ear, erging her to go on.

"Breathe," yet another nurse chimmed in.

"Just a little more," called another.

Kalei had had enough, her body was almost completely out of energy, and the shield around the temple room prevented the Wakanda leader from calling on the Earth for assistance.

"Push..." the first nurse said yet again, and suddenly there was a surge of motion with a great calm following just as quickly afterwards.

Kalei's face was streaked with tears and creased with the pain she had just endured. She threw herself backwards and was met by the back of a raised bed. Sweat covered most of her body and strains of hair stuck to her face. Her heart still raced and her breathing still irregular.

"Congradulations, Kalei," a soft bronze face of a young nurse appeared over Kalei. "You've had a beautiful boy...[I]and[/I] a beautiful girl." The nurse handed her the little boy first, his face so calm as he nuzzled close to Kalei's chest. Then the nurse handed her the little girl, her face contorted in misery as she wailed with discontent.

"The boy was born first." One of the other nurses' informed her as they helped Kalei place both infants up to each breast. At first the girl would not suckle, she just continued to cry, but once she heard her brother's content slurping she soon took the other.

"How I wish your father could see you," Kalei smiled as she thought of names.

"Kalei," the eldest nurse approached the bed side.

The new mother turned her head towards the older woman, such bliss and happiness filling the young Wakanda's eyes.

"Have you thought of what you might do with them? You know you cannot raise them as your own for Lord Malik will be sure to use them against you in this war." The old woman's face was firm, and bitter, despite how gently she had stated it.

Kalei lowered her head to watch her two beautiful childern pulling out the nurishment they needed from her body. The joy that had filled her was now gone, realization setting in as she tried to come up with a solution to her obvious problem.

Without warning, the little boy suddenly stopped suckling and slowly began to cry, until his wail was so loud that it had upset his sister and she, too, began to cry. No matter how hard she tried to calm them, Kalei couldn't. It wasn't until the Wakanda Leader began to tell them stories of their father, and the bliss of those memories filling Kalei's body did both infants calm themselves into sleep.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]****************[/CENTER]

Kalei stumbled out the door and, both her and Katima, fall face first into the grass. The sudden quake in the ground brought Kalei to roll over and watch as the roof ribbed from its foundation and towards the void above it. Kalei's hair swirled upwards, along with her clothing as she scrambled to her feet, clutching Katima's arm.

"Kalei!" came a familar voice.

The Wakanda leader brought her head up to see Ena rushing towards them. "Help Katima, I'm alright," Kalei shouted over the roar as she handed the almost limp Katima to Ena. "Where's Tegan?"

"Over there," Ena shouted back, pointing towards the small knole not far from where they were. A woman stood beside him, Kalei assumed it was Jade.

"Katima, stay with Ena and Priest," Kalei brushed some hair from Katima's face as she stared into the girl's vacant eyes. "I have to stop your brother."

Kalei didn't wait for an answer as she rushed towards Tegan. "TEGAN!" Kalei screamed, hoping her voice would be carried with the wind and a little magic. Jade turned her attention towards her as she rushed up to him. "Tegan, you have to stop!" Kalei said, her hand reaching for his shoulder. "Please..."[/FONT]

[color=#CC0099][size=1]Nothing....

That was all Katima could feel. Her total world was covered in darkness. All she felt was confusion, hurt and loneliness. Kalei and Malik's words ran through her head over and over again likea broken record player. The scene kept replaying like it was on repeat.

[i]They're your children..... they're your children....... they're your children.....[/i]

[b]No.... no..... that's not true....[/b] Katima thought. [b]It can't be.... it's not possible.... Malik.... a vampire... my father?[/b]

She could feel herself shake her head and the distant noises of what was happening around her buzzing in her ears. She could hear Kalei's voice the clearest. Something about Tegan.

[b]Tegan....[/b]

Memories of when they were children flashed in and out of her mind in quick succession. It [u]was[/u] possible. She remembered Kalei telling them about their eyes - how it was a family trait. Katima now understood. Tegan had maybe mastered his vampire side during his time away, but she.... she hadn't. That's why his eyes were permanently read. Or was it because he favoured his vampire side more?

[b]Tegan.... where are you.... I need you....[/b]

Katima shivered - not from the cold, but from the feeling of being totally and utterly alone. She could still hear Kalei's voice. She was pleading for Tegan to stop.... but what? What was she trying to stop?

All of the sudden, everything became clear. Her vision cleared. Katima could see what was happening, exactly what was happening. She could see Ena and Sin near her. Quickly looking around, she spotted Kalei trying to shake Tegan out of something.

Then, as if a huge hammer had hit the side of her head, Katima screamed. Kalei whirled around to look at her.

" Stop it!" Katima screamed. " STOP IT!"

Scrambling up to her feet, Katima ran over to Tegan and hugged him from behind, tears flowing out of her eyes. " ENOUGH TEGAN!! THAT'S ENOUGH! NO MORE.... please.... no more...."[/color][/size]

OOC: Will do Malik's part later.

[size=1]Talyn, although he had planned to do this alone, was grateful to have Thayne by his side. The vampires kept coming, wave after wave of them bursting out onto the roof, no longer hampered by the sun due to Tegan's black hole. It had swelled, and now it had blocked the sun out.

Talyn turned and saw Thayne take a strike to the lower leg, knocking him to the floor. He turned and sliced the vampire who had hit him in two. But he was badly injured, Talyn could tell that. Blood was pouring out all over the roof. He was losing a lot of blood, but he was still fighting as hard as ever.

Talyn rushed over to him, fighting his way through hordes of vampires to get to his friend. He skidded to the floor, hacking his way through a group of vampires as he did, to reach Thayne.

[b]"Are you alright?" [/b]he asked.

[b]"I've just taken a sword to the leg, what do you think?" [/b]replied Thayne, under a certain amount of stress due to the current situation.

[b]"Ok, we need to get you off this roof!" [/b]he said, cutting down a vampire. He hauled his friend up, and dragged him to the edge of the roof.

[b]"Thayne," [/b]said Talyn, [b]"I don't think we're going to get out of this. But I think we can take as many of them down as we can. Are you in?"

"Always," [/b]replied Thayne, holding out his hand. Talyn shook it, and then turned to the vampires, drawing something from his pocket.

[b]"This is a dose of Sin's anti-vampire serum that has four times the recommended strength. That is enough to kill a full vampire, but to me it should hopefully restore enough of my Wakanda side to allow me to do something I've never tried before. But I'll need your help as well, Thayne," [/b]he said, loading the serum into a syringe gun and injecting it into his neck. He fell to the floor, and Thayne had to grab him to stop him falling off the roof. He spasmed wildly, and then stopped thrashing. He got to his feet, his fangs almost out of sight completely, and held out his hand.

[b]"I'm going to cut my hand now, and you will have to do the same," [/b]he said, drawing his sword across his palm. Thayne did the same with his sword, and then Talyn grabbed his hand. Energy passed from Thayne to Talyn, and the sun poked over the black hole of Tegan's creation, and Talyn felt the energy absorbed into his body. He smiled, and his eyes began to glow with the soft golden light of the sun.

[b]"You are all dead," [/b]he said to the vampires. He lifted a few inches off the ground, his body absorbing energy both from the sun and from Thayne's body. He felt the solar energy building up inside him, and then it reached its peak.

He stretched his hands out towards the vampires, and then it happened.

With a sudden surge, a beam of pure golden sunlight blasted from his outstretched hands, prisming outwards, beams of sunlight blasting over the swarm of vampires, turning each and every one of them to dust, and even carrying on afterwards. But, the light eventually drained away, being sucked into Tegan's black hole. He had always been a more powerful Wakanda than Talyn.

Talyn dropped to the floor, exhausted, and fell into a trance-like state, not dead or unconscious, just not in this world. Thayne lifted him up and limped over to the edge of the castle roof.

[b]"Kalei!" [/b]he called down, [b]"Help!"

[/b](OOC: Hope this is ok, Justice, PM me if there are any problems)
[/size]

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Kalei watched, her heart tearing apart, as Katima wrapped her arms around her twin. What could she do? How could she make this right again?

"Kalei....HELP!" The faint cry washed over Kalei's head like that of a warm shower spray. She brought her head up to see Thayne and Talyn on the edge of the roof that was slowly being sucked into the void. In mere moments, the two Wakandas would no longer be able to keep their feet planted on the cement bricks that made up the roof's surface, and would be sucked into oblivion.

Kalei looked back at Tegan, still lost in his trance, and both Jade and Katima unable to do much of anything for him. Kalei couldn't leave their sides, and even if she could, there was no way she would make it to the roof-top in time to save Thayne and Talyn.

Kalei turned suddenly to the Australlian woman that was obvious very close to her son. "Jade," Kalei called out.

"Aye," the woman replied, bringing her attention to the Leader she had never met before.

"I need your help."

"O....k." Jade slowly made her way over to Kalei, the older Wakanda placing a single hand on her shoulder and turning back towards the Spanish house.

"I need you as a pillar."

"For what?"

"This..." Kalei closed her eyes and focused on the roof top, picturing just how solid the floor would be, the rushing sound of crumbling building and it being sucked upwards. With a burst of energy, Kalei sent her clone onto the roof-top, reappearing just behind Talyn and Thayne.

"Kalei!" Thayne shouted above the roar as Kalei walked up to him, placing Talyn's other arm over her shoulders, and lifting his almost limp body to his feet.

"How are we getting out of here?""Thayne asked, looking off the roof-top. The drop would surely kill them if they were to jump.

"Do you trust me?" Kalei turned her head to look at the young wakanda.

"Yeah..."

"Then jump on three."

"Wait, what?!"

"One, two, three!" Kalei lept forward, dragging Talyn forward and causing Thayne to fall forward, whether he liked it or not.

But it wasn't a sudden rushing towards the ground like most falls were. It was slow, calming. It was the constant sucking from the void that allowed them to gracefully glide to the ground, landing squarely on their feet.

"I would have never of thought of that," Thayne said, looking over to Kalei.

"Can you," Kalei's image flickered out for a moment before she finished her sentence. "Can you carry him the rest of the way...I can send Jade to help?"

"Yes..." but before Kalei could hear the rest of his answer, she flashed back into her body and fell to the thick ground below.

"I'm fine," Kalei placed a hand up as Jade reached down to help her up. "Go help Thayne bring Talyn over here."[/FONT]

[B]?Tegan??[/B]Jade stood beside Tegan and watched as the dark circle formed and pulsed above the building. They were the first to get out, [I]what if the others didn?t make it in time? Wait, when did she start careing about the others, she never had before. She didn?t now. It was Tegan. His friends and comrades, his leader, his sister? they were all in there.[/I]

Kalei was the first of these to emerge, then others followed, Katima was hurt, but when she saw Tegan in his trace she flung herself on him and begged him to stop. He ignored her. Jade had seen this trance before, she knew that nothing would stop him now[I] except for himself[/I].

She looked up and saw Kalei approaching her. So this was the leader they had all been talking about.

[B]"Jade,"[/B] Kalei called out.

[B]"Aye," [/B] Jade stood and moved toward her, paused, looked back at Tegan, then back at Kalei.

[B]"I need your help."[/B]

[B]"O....k."[/B] Jade slowly made her way over to Kalei, who placed a single hand on her shoulder and turning back towards the Spanish house.

[B]"I need you as a pillar."[/B]

[B]"For what?" [/B] Jade didn?t want to leave Tegan?s side, but she knew there was little she could do now.

[B]"This..."[/B] Kalei closed her eyes. Jade could hear the crumbling of stone and Thayne, [I]was that Thayne on the roof? [/I]

Then it happened, Jade saw Thayne, Talyn and Kalei jump from the roof and in slow motion they made their way to the ground below.

The Kalei that stood beside her took in a sharp breath, then fell to the ground. Jade turned and started to help her up

[B]"I'm fine, go help Thayne bring Talyn over here." [/B] Jade straighten and glance for a second at Tegan, ran to where the boys had dropped.

[B]?Thayne? Thayne! Are you two alright?? [/B]

[B]?My legs busted up Jade, Talyn?s out cold, lost too much blood, here? [/B] Thayne tried to stand [B]?Help me pick him up.[/B].? he fell back on the ground with a groan.

[B]?Looks ta me like yer not going far either as is.?[/B] She placed a hand on the ground and pulled. A tree root emerged from the ground in front of Thayne and wrapped firmly around his wounded leg.

[B]?What the f??[/B]

[B]?I suggest ya hold still? [/B] Jade stood and pulling her gun, and shot at the root where it met the ground until it broke off. [B]?There. Come on, we got to get this one to Kalei?[/B]

Thayne pushed himself off the ground, and with his new splint was able to walk to Thayne and help Jade left him from the ground and together they carried him to Kalei and lay him next to her.

[B]?There ya are, and here?[/B] Jade reached in her jacket and produced a bottle of ointment [B]?This should help stop the bleeding. Made it myself? [/B] Then she turned and with quick stride went toward Tegan?