OtakuBoards

Love Me, Mr. Death [M-LVS]

demonchild781

[size=1]"Oh, fantastic," said Talyn exasperatedly, "Now almost everyone knows, and I was trying to make it so that only Katima knew. Now there's here, Tegan, Sin and now you. This is going to make it so much harder."

"Make what so much harder?" she asked timidly.

"One of you is going to have to kill me," he whispered, slumping against the side of the helicopter, "If I was to turn, then there's no telling the damage it could do. If I turned and joined Malik, then I would be a very real threat to this team, and I can't allow that to happen."

"Who have you asked to do it?"

"Well, first I asked Katima, but then when I talked to Tegan, he said that I shouldn't entrust this completely with her, so when Sin told me he knew, I asked him to do it, and he seems more able to than Katima."

"Well, you can't blame Katima for not being able to kill one of her best friends. I wouldn't be able to if you asked me, so please don't." She walked up, leaving Talyn slumped against the helicopter. He stood up slowly, and followed the rest of the group as they walked their way through Madrid. He caught up to them, and they walked through the streets, looking like an odd bunch as they took up most of the breadth of the narrow cobbled street...
[/size]

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jade had spent the helicopter ride listening to her music and watching the others. [I]She had been tempted to go over and sit with Tegan, but Thayne and Sin didn?t need more fuel to tease her with. She had missed Tegan very much, and wanted badly to talk with him. She wanted to hear what he?d been doing, where he?d gone, but that would have to wait. [/I]

She felt someone nudge her shoulder. Thayne plopped down next to her as the helicopter made it?s decent.

[B]?I?ll give you a cookie if you stop looking at, talking to or thinking about Tegan for the rest of the day? [/B] he said, smirking at her.

She turned and looked at him, returning the smile. She took off her headphones and grabbed her bag from the overhead rack.

[B]?Darlin?, you should know me better than that.? [/B] He cocked his eyebrow at her. [B]?you?d ?ave better luck with a coldie,?[/B] she said, stepping over him and walking off the copter, knowing he was watching her go and laughing to himself.

She stepped onto the mat and looked around. Jade had been here only once before, with one of her flat mates. [I]This was one of the largest vampire gathering grounds in the world. It seemed to pull them, for whatever reason. She had yet to figure that out, but that one summer she had spent here she had killed more vamps than in one year in the US.[/I]

Jade checked her knives and loaded her gun with the proper ammo. [I]If she didn?t use silver or gold she?d loose an advantage over the enemy, and she knew she?d need every advantage she had. [/I]

[B]?Jade!?[/B]

She turned and saw Tegan approaching her

[B]?You know, I?ve been offered a whole cookie not to talk to you.?[/B]

Tegn feigned shock [B]?And you turned it down? Wow, I would have taken the cookie.?[/B]

[B]?Yes well, I upped the bet actually. If he finds me somethin? amber in a longneck, you may be outta luck.?[/B]

Tegan laughed and shook his head at her [B]?You are something else you know that Jade??[/B]

[B]?I try?[/B]

The rest of the plane emptied and they began to walk. Tegan was silent as he walked beside her, lost in thought. [I]In fact, a more serious air seemed to fill them all as they moved closer to rescuing Kalei...[/I]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER]Aside from the heated anger from his sister...everyone in the group seemed to have a warming welcome to his return. Jade was a loyal companion...and a good friend. She seemed desperate to talk to him...regardless of the little gossip that was flooding around the group...

He clutched a note in his hand that he had written once they got off the helicopter...it was short...but right to the point. Turning to Jade...he finally initiated a conversation with her...he was tired of thinking so much...
[B]
"It's been so long since I've actually been in a city ya know..."[/B] said Tegan as they all made their way down the street.
[B]
"Really...after two years...where the hell have you been then hun?"[/B] responded Jade as she was instantly hooked towards the conversation. [I]Did he like read my mind or something...?[/I]

[B]"Yea...I wandered through quite a few small towns all through Asia, and up and down the pacfic coast..."[/B] [I]I don't think I should tell her some of the things that I was doing...[/I]
[B]
"What about the last year of this little quest of yours?"[/B] she giggled...trying to lighten the conversation, making fun of this little trip that he made.

[B]"Well...once I crossed into Jerusalem and Africa...I decided to live alone...training and meditating in the wilderness and desert."[/B]

[B]"Are you serious..."[/B] she turned her body and hit his shoulder with her right fist...[B]"you're such a fool...why the blazes would ya do that for?"[/B]

[B]"To get away...to settle down for a little while...Asians talk quite a lot ya know."[/B]

They both laughed at his comment...they certainly did in those days. Always welcoming outsiders...their curiosity and learning ability was astounding.

[B]"You wouldn't believe the things that I saw Jade...the world is such a beautiful place...so full of life...even when evil and good fight with one another...as within ourselves...their still is a balance that seems to be always reached."[/B]

[B]"You've changed Tegan..."[/B] she said bluntly. Tegan held his head down and smiled; quickly bringing it back up...

[B]"In a sense...yes...I have Jade...hopefully for the good?"[/B] as he turned his sight directly upon her.

Jade shy'd away from his gaze for a moment...trying to gain her composure. Without showing anything though...she returned his look and replied...[B]"yes yes Tegan...of course its been for the good."[/B]

[B]"Tegan..."[/B] Jade said calmy....[B]"why did you leave us...?"[/B]

[B]"A question to be answered for another time Jade....another time...and place..."[/B]

[B]"So..."[/B] as Tegan turned his attention back upon the streets. It was really dark now...entering fully into the night. [B]"what have you been up too these past two years?"[/B]
[B]
"Well...I'd hate to surprise you, but I actually tried some schooling."[/B]

[B]"Oh my Jade...that's incredible...what did you study?"[/B] Tegan was quite pleased by this. He had been a friend of Jades for a long time...and seeing her succeed in life...moving away from this life as a Wakanda was encouraging.

[B]"I was training to be a cop actually..."[/B] Tegan chuckled to himself and responded...

[B]"I should have known..."[/B] still laughing at the realization and foolishness of his question...[B]"so how'd you do?"[/B]

[B]"I left..."[/B] Jade answered with a sense of shame...

[B]"How come...?"[/B] with a little dissapointment underneathe his voice...
[B]
"Because of the attacks that were within our cities in Australia. Being a Wakanda and hunting these vampires and going to school wasn't ment to be...so I left the force and continue towards my destiny as a Wakanda..."[/B]

They both went silent as the group finally stopped at one of the bars in the town...was a good place to get some information or directions for where they wanted to go...and they all needed to eat...

Everyone waiting outside to get into the bar when Tegan put a hand on Jades shoulder...[B]"I'm glad that you got my message...and that you're here with us Jade. But...when this is all over...you should go back to your schooling..."[/B]

Jade wanted to say something...but the words just wouldn't come out...

[B]"Be right back..."[/B] as he moved his way through the crowd towards Talyn...leaving her a little lost for words at his shocking...but random remark...

Finally able to stand beside him...Tegan nodded at Richard and Sin in respect and friendship and hung his head over Talyn's shoulder.

Pulling the note out of his pocket...he pressed it firmly on Talyn's chest until he grabbed it with his own hand.

[B]"read this..."[/B] Tegan whispered into his ear and made his way towards Jade once again...he caught Katima looking at him once again who was standing beside Richard and smiled...awaiting the time for when she would finally talk to him.[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[RIGHT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
[SIZE=1]OOC: Fallen...the note is going to be sent to you through PM...feel free to include it in your post...if not that's cool too.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/RIGHT]

As Kabira's body was strewn across the beauteous stallions back, her soul was elsewhere. Eyes opened as can be, she saw nothing of the passing fields lit only by moonlight.

[I]I must see him one more time. [/I]

Kabira knew she was near deaths door each passing moment. As her transporter overcame yet again another hill, Kabira began to remember moments from her past. The setting came together like a puzzle. First the bed formed, with four tall posts supporting the luxurious canopy draped above the satin sheets. Slowly, a rug came into play, along with a fireplace. Later a window entered the seen giving view to snowfield plains and a breath taking view of a nearby wood. Kabira overlooked the scene with an omnipotent view.

"Hey, what are you doing over there?"

Kabira saw herself draped in a large robe. It was obviously a man's by the massive size. Kabira paused the memory in her mind, and viewed herself. For that moment, she was happy. She saw a smile upon her face, and warmth within her heart never seen before. She appeared so innocent hidden among the scarlet red cloth strewn over her elegantly fragile looking body. With a deep sigh, Kabira continued her dream.

"Just viewing the land. Its so serine outside, don?t you think? It's amazing how something so cold can warm the heart so much."

Pausing again, Kabira found a handsome young man sitting on a bench with a warm cup of tea in front of him. He sat with only a sheet draped over his legs. He's shoulders we're broad, showing the man had a strong side to him, yet his skin was so soft looking, as if it were that of newborns. She stared long at the man, taking every inch of his body into account. Sudden warmth came over Kabira. Her heart introduced a small amount of adrenaline into her system, sending a shock throughout her whole body.

[I]You have no clue how true your words ring in these ears. [/I]

The memory continued.

"I know. It's as if the beauty overpowers the sadness held deep within."

The robbed Kabira stepped over towards the young man, draping herself across him, running her hands down his hardened chest. With a passionate kiss, the young girl placed her head upon the man's shoulder.

"One day, you and I will rule over our people. I know that we can bring power to our vampiric brethren."

"I know, Malik, but don't you think that is a little too much. I mean, can't we just stay out here. I mean, it's mostly night out of the whole year. We can watch the Northern Lights. The wakanda will never find us. Life can be peaceful out here, just with you and me."

A tear dropped from the motionless rider. As it hit the ground, a sudden rain began to pound the field that lay between Kabira and her final destination. The solid dirt began to thicken into a mud that slowed her procession even further.

The scene within her mind soon changed to dark once again. Kabira could not comprehend what had happened. Was this her feelings torturing her as they do, or was it a deeper connection that was somehow keeping her alive?

Soon, the mustang had made it to the villa. The rain was pouring down faster and faster by the minute. Kabira regained consciousness as her steed reached the house. Stumbling to the door, Kabira knocked twice. A minute later, Malik opened the door.

"How can something so cold warm the heart so much?"

As the final word removed reached Malik's ear, Kabira collapsed into him. With quick reflexes, Malik caught her.

Screams tore throughout the house. Rumors spread like wildfire.

"IT WAS WAKANDA!"

"The human's know!"

"REBELLION IN THE RANKS."

"GUARDS!!! Now, posted at each door. I want a scout sent out now. Alec, keep things together. I need a doctor now, upstairs, in my quarters!"

Malik leapt up the stairs into his room and slammed the door behind him. He laid Kabira upon the ransacked bed.

As the noise increased downstairs, everyone soon became silent as a loud deafening yell was let out. The vampires became silent at the sound of Malik's remorse.

O.O.C. Well, I thought that was descent. Anywho, Angelus, I'll talk to you about what i was thinking next. I hope I didn?t portray him too badly. Thanks again everyone for your efforts. Sorry about the lack of mine.

[I]Jade wondered what it was he was hiding from her, but she wouldn?t pry. He?d tell her when he wanted her to know, and that was fine. Tegan was looking ahead, probably to see if his sister was far ahead of them. Then she heard it. Footsteps, from the other direction. Some were landing around them, moving silently. It was an ambush.[/I]

[B]?Tegan, duck!?[/B]

Tegan moved as a vampire came up behind him and connected with Jade?s fist. He stumbled backwards and drew a gun, firing at Tegan. Jade focused on the bullets, spinning them back at the vamp. Tegan continued to dodge and landed next to another vamp who slammed him into a near by building. Tegan kicked him off but made no further move to attack.

Jade?s attention was quickly drawn back to her fight. Her vamp had dodged the bullets and was charging her. She took a stance and pulled the crossbow firing into the vamp until he dusted in front of her. While she had been focused on that attack however, another vampire landed behind her and grabbed her arms causing her to drop her bow. He bent her head to the side and made a move toward her neck...

Jade glared ahead. Two knives rose from her belt and turned on the vamp that held her, stabbing him until he loosened his grip. She fell to the ground. Looking up she saw Tegan through her braids. [I]He seemed to be fairing well as he fought but?. Something was odd, out of place. [/I]

The vamp came around with a kick that knocked her from her knees, causing her to roll away on the sidewalk. She pushed herself back up and shook it off. Standing she fired three rounds into the vamp from her gun. He stumbled, but didn?t dust. He kept coming; she round housed kicked and connected with the vampire?s chest. He fell backwards with enough force he landed on her crossbow, dusting as the bow pierced him through the heart.

She quickly retrieved her bow. Jade saw the rest of the Wakanda fighting hard at their own battles, dusting some, falling before others. They had been separated from Katima and Sin in the fighting?Thayne was behind them somewhere... then she saw what was different about Tegan?s fighting style. [I] He was defending. He wasn?t attacking, he was self-protecting only. He had had opportunities to kill some of the vamps and was purposely avoiding doing so? and he didn?t seem at all happy about it. She shivered sharply as she felt his rage rising?[/I]

[B]?Tegan, what the hel?? [/B] She was cut off by a sharp blow to the back of her head that brought her to her knees. [I]She thought she saw Tegan make a move toward her. She tried to shake it off. She felt a warm liquid run down her neck. She saw a blinding light and then, the world went black?[/I]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][RIGHT]OOC: Justice...please be careful with how much 'control' you take over the group, I think you've left with very little for everyone else to go off of. And please re-read Astdis in regard to my character and hers...kinda was a whole point to her post. Things in mine may be a little different from your own.
[/RIGHT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER][B][I]....Jade[/I][/B]

Tegan had only a glimpse of Jades body falling to the ground before the vampires converged on her body and carried her away. Thayne too fell to the overwelming assault as he fell unconscious as well.

Richard, Talyn, Katima, Fyoura, Priest and Sin were nowhere to be seen either. There was still fighting going on down the road and within the other streets, but Tegan did not know who was alive, captured or dead...

He was getting tired...absorbing the dark energies from within Talyn's body before and healing Jade only a few moments ago was starting to tire him greatly. He could feel the rage spreading through him again...it took everything that he had to keep it subsided. Demi wasn't even an option at this point...he didn't want to risk its implications either...

Finally...after cutting the limbs and stabbing at the vampires around him, they all stopped their attack and slowly surrounded him in a circle. He realized that he wasn't going to last much longer...but had to fight to the end.

With a quick attack from the enemy...the vampires all lunged themselves at Tegan who stood perfectly still[I]...binding light....[/I]

Once a vampire striked him, a yellow veil appeared around his body...and with a quick flash from that point on his body, the vampire was blast right back into the pack of vampires...

Tegan couldn't move...but the vampires continued to attack the shield to no success, continuously being deflected away from this light energy.

He was growing faint though...feeling the power of the shield fading. With all that he had...for a brief moment the veil came down and Tegan used the remaining energy to form within his clinched fists as he raised them above his head...

[B]"Solar Flare!"[/B] he cried out as a weak blast of light erupted from his hands...blinding everything that was in the area, literally burning out the eyes of all the vampires due to their sensitivity. Their skin was burning as well...but not killing them.

Using the wind as an aid...Tegan knelt down to the ground on one knee...letting the air around him rush underneathe him...and with a massive gust of wind, Tegan lept into the sky above and landed on a nearby rooftop.

Landing on his feet while creating crater on the roofs concrete flooring...Tegan began to run as hard as he could...crying out the one person he hoped was still alive and not captured...

[B]"KATIMA!!!"[/B]

But before long...Tegan ran out of breathe and collapsed face and chest first into the concrete in his running motion. His red eyes pulsed with a red glow as he grinded his teeth and dragged himself forward. It was foolish and madness of course...but logic and reason escaped him as he sensed vampires coming closer to him...

Finally letting the rage within him subside before it was unleashed...his red eyes calmed once again and fell into a deep sleep...feeling nothing at all...[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#CC0099][size=1]Katima knew this was too good to be true.

As soon as they had entered Madrid's airspace, she knew something was up. And what is was... was vampires.

They swooped on the group like a hunting bird would do on their prey. Her [i]Dark Flame Chain[/i] was immediately out and swirling around like mad. The night aided the vampires, disappearing in and out of the darkness to dodge various attacks. Katima growled as their antics started to infuriate her. They were playing with her, mocking her, just pawding their prey enought o make it squeal. She could see it in their eyes - the happiness of their overwhelming odds.

" Well well well... if it isn't Katima...." one strutted forward saying. " She's with Kalei's bunch isn't she?"
" You shouldn't take about that woman.... that woman that Lord Malik is interested in," another one said, hissing in disgust at the mention of Kalei's name.

" Don't you dare insult her in front of me you bastards..." Katima growled, her [i]Chain[/i] held tightly in her hands. She had had enough. This was the last straw. A dark flamed ring sprang up around her. The vampires just back at the sudden surprise of the appearance of these flames. " You guys are just asking for it."

Katima leapt out of the flames, swinging her [i]Dark Flame Chain[/i] around wildly but precisely, now equipped with two scythe ends. Performing stunts that Olypmic gymnastics would be proud of, Katima started cutting down the ranks of the vampires.

But for every one she cut down, two more appeared.

This was out of hand. Since when had vampires become this organised, to know when, where and how many of their enemy was appearing. Katima didn't like this. She had become separated from the others the instant of the attack - something that was not advisable against these numbers. She remembered about Richard's and Talyn's condition, hoping to God that they were ok.

Then a yell shattered the night air.

" KATIMA!"

All the vampires stopped their attacks. Katima's head whirled around in the direction of the yell and recognised it's owner immediately.

" TEGAN!" she yelled, forgetting about her hate and anger towards her twin, and more importantly, the vampires that surrounded her. She tried to make an escape but they jumped on her the minute she let her guard down. Her body was heavily punished by the vampies, each wanting to either punch, kick or torture her.

One final punch to her head and the world started to spin and darkness clouded her vision.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Sin could see the others being over taken by the vampire hordes from a distance, the massive amount of the night crawlers swarming his commrades and taking them away. Possibly feeding upon them, Sin hoped that was not true, he turned away from the direction i twas happening and started walking, he was quicking his pace. Soon he was at a light jog, trying to escape the images of the vampire army storming the street for the Wakanda. After a moment Talyn grabbed Sin's should and pulled him back.
[B]
"Sin, stop!"[/B] Sin turned quickly and growled in Talyns face, bareing his fangs at him. Talyn held his ground and spoke to Sin again.

[B]"You need to slow down, we can't keep the same pace you do."

"We'll thats your problem isn't it. We need to find Kalei and we need to move fast so we can find her and help the others."

"How could we help them? We would be over whelmed by the sheer numbers, we would need a plan."[/B] Sin hissed lightly, Talyn was gonna his back when he caught himself, Sin grabbed his face and moved his lips to see the fangs starting to grow larger. Sin grabbed Talyn and walked forward whispering in his ear.
[B]
"I see you fangs already growing, so you have some vampire abilitys. You can see in the night by now, so you and I are going to watch the darkness for any vampires who know were out here. Swivle slowly each time, check every three seconds. And never let your guard down, you cover the back I'll take the front. Got it?"[/B] Talyn nodded and Sin released him, Talyn fell back and was in the back of the group, Sin stayed ahead. He needed to be alone right now, he was trying to deal with what they all had to do.

Kalei had called out to them, to them he was not certain but none the less they were called and they were forced to leave the rest of them. Sin wanted to just find Kalei and go back for the rest, but Talyn was right, they would be over taken by the same force. Sin rolled his neck, getting the kinks out, he looked into the dark, checking constantly for any sign of anything out of place.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Alec rushed himself up to a small table and leapt atop of it.

"Everyone, calm down. No one here should think anything of the wakanda having a preemptive attack. We secretly sent some people out to posts. The each have means of communicating to us. If there was any sign of the wakanda we would have been contacted by now. So, since we haven't, we need you all to stay calm."

The vampires mumbled to each other about the issue. Worrisome rumors spread like wildfire, while the few optimistic vampires in the crowd relaxed and took their seats.

"BUT, WHAT ABOUT KABIRA?"

Everyone silenced themselves to stare at the young vampire. He appeared to be the age of 25, and was dressed as one of the servant boys.

[I]Probably a vampire?s guilty pleasure. They never do finish them off.[/I]

"Step aside; let me see the one with the opinion stand strong among the ranks of his brethren."

The crowd split as if it were rehearsed many times before. Vampires left and right started the gossip up again focusing now on the boy instead of their leader. The boy appeared nervous by the sweat on his forehead and the increased heartbeat. The whole crowd could sense his quickened pulse, yet another ability to the vampire kingdom.

"Young lad, have you ever fought a wakanda? I highly doubt you have, due to the new bite marks on your neck. You're vampire, that is a sure thing, but you're knew to this whole entourage my dear friend. If I were you, I would watch my tongue before I spoke."

"Yes, sir."

The mumbles soon dissipated as the footsteps leading up to Malik's room echoed throughout the house.

[CENTER]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/CENTER]

"Step aside, sir. No offense, but you need to leave this to the professionals, sir. Thank you, sir."

Four military doctors surrounded the beaten corpse of the petite vampire. She lay lifeless and nearly blue from head to toe. With no sign of breathe, Malik turned away and bit his lip. As Malik pondered, the doctors chattered to themselves trying to get a general idea of Kabira's status and damage.

"She was obviously in a fight, a big one, too much for her to handle. Sir, what should we do, sir?"

"We might be vampires, but some of us just stretch it to the max. Regeneration is fine, she'll be able to heal most of the wounds herself, but we're going to have to aid her in the process. I'm going to need those stab wounds on her arms to be doused in alcohol to clear out all infection and then gauzed up on both sides. Her body will take care of the rest there."

"SIR, WE'VE GOT INTERNAL BLEEDING IN HER ABDOMEN."

"Check for bullet fragments, those look like close range bullet entry. She's pretty built, they're probably stuck in some of her muscle tissue. I don't see any exit wounds, so i'm counting six entry wounds, and another slash. I want those slugs out and then I want you to patch that up too. I'll take care of her ankle. Seems it's broken. We'll just pop it back into place and she'll heal nicely."

[CENTER]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/CENTER]

As the doctors worked on her physical state, Kabira was piecing together her mental stability. Slowly, her mind led her back to another scene. This time, she was in the green wooded forests of Germany, inside a castle. The castle was ancient and built from stone from what seemed to be the dawn of time. The worn slabs that formed the wall added a majestic tone to the palace in which Kabira called home at that time.

Kabira's past self was dressed in a white clothe dress. The beauty of the dress came in the simplicity. With a total of three layers of fabric, and wrinkles abound, the dress fit the time of the house.

Sprinting through the halls, Kabira ran on the walls till she got to Malik?s room. As she neared the door, she returned to gravity's world and settled on the floor. As she crept towards the door silently, words crept to her ears.

"Kalei, how have you been?"

Kabira's mind started churning trying to find a source of the name.

"Oh, well you know how I've been. It's been how long since you were here in America. Look, I'm sorry to hear about what happened, I didn't want my people to chase yours out of the country. It places such strong pressures on our relationship."

Kabira's eyes swelled with tears as her mouth dropped at the sound. She couldn't believe that Malik had found someone else, and all the while been hiding it. Her thoughts were non-stop of all of the memories. She questioned the credibility of his every word, and every motion.

"Hold on, I hear something, sounds faint, possibly a heart beat."

"Well, I'll just go back no, It took a lot out of me to send my clone this far. I'll see you later my love."

A kiss connected the two bodies and then Kalei's voice from the castle.

"Who is there?"

Kabira launched herself over the railing and landed on the stones in the foyer in front of the door leading outside. She pulled open the giant doors with ease and swung herself over the balcony outside falling into the forests below. As she fell through the shrubbery, her tears quenched the leaves thirst for liquid. Landing on her chest, the ground shook.

[I]What will I do? [/I]

O.O.C. Boys, and girls, I return yet again with another post. Thanx again for everyone's effort. I LIKE YOU ALL ALOT!

[color=#AE38294][size=1]Richard was left alone. Isolated by the Vampires, cut off from everyone. He grit his teeth tightly shut, hand resting on the rough, linen wrapped hilt of his sword. He'd go out with a bang if he had to go out at all. They were plucked into the darkness, shades behind the veil of darkness. Carefully, he scanned around, his eyes squinted to the point of almost shut. There. A gleam indicated an eye, and a sharp tooth ready to pierce a hole in his neck.

[i]And if the sun comes out, will it tear the skin right off our bones?[/i]

Richard was still tensed. He was ready to spring into action, possibly jump into the air and away. Three came at him. Instinctively, he gripped tighter on the handle, and pivoted as he drew. Richard was not untrained in the art of blade fighting. A slight grin traced his features in the dull midnight air. The stolen blood of the Vampires leaked down onto his hands. He twisted, wanting these bastards of the night to feel his anger. His anger at himself for not saying anything to anyone, his anger at his inability to forgive humanity. His anger at everything wrong.

[b]"I'm Mister-fucking-Brightside..."[/b] Richard muttered, twisting once more before kicking the vampire off of his blade. It was stabbed into the tree. He made short work of the other two, letting the cherry red liquid coat the jagged blade. Three more jumped on him, and he roared as a tooth grazed his neck. He was in a frenzy now, as he jabbed both of his elbows backwards, knocking them off. Hand flying to his neck, Richard growled as he felt the blood that was his own. He hoped to god it wouldn't change him.

[i]Turning, twisting gruesome lullabies...[/i]

He was driven insane at the prospect of dying, or not being able to live with Katima, Tegan, all of them. He bore the blade, throwing a Life Drain onto the silver metal. His eyes were large and firey against the backdrop of black. Roaring, he made the death march as he ran forward, hacking and swinging.

[i]Sugar, we're goin' down swinging[/i]

He killed many of them before something slammed into the back of his head. Spots of black crowded his vision, and he saw at least 3 fingers laying next to him, without a hand. Looking downward, 3 fingers were missing from his left hand. Richard screamed, crying even, and with one final blow to the head, he was knocked out.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=GREEN]As the vampire hord attacted, Fyoura noticed that they seemed organized. What more, she also noted that they seemed to be concentrating their attacks on some of their group more than others.

She rushed to aid some of the others, despite the fact she felt increadibly volnerable at the moment. This was mainly due to the lack of her element, water, in the area, both in liquid form and in the air. Fyoura would have to rely entirely on her physical strength.

Before she could be of any help though, one of the vampires converging on Jade broke off and charged her. His speed was incredible and before she knew it, he had her by the cuff of her shirt. Fyoura twisted her body and landed a well placed kick to the side of the vampire's face. He landed several feet away in a heap on the ground.

Fyoura regained her posture and examined her handy work for a moment. [I]I guess that last minute training session payed off,[/I] she thought. She had no time to contemplate her increase in strength however. Suddenly a second vampire, a bit stronger looking than the first, attacked, sending her flying through a nearby shrub.

Fyoura remained frozen on her back, expecting at any moment for her attacker to follow and finish her off, but after nearly a minute he still hadn't persewed her. It was then that she heard the voices of some of her compainions. [I]At least some of us are still alive,[/I] she thought grimmly as she followed the voices.

After a few minutes, she caught up to Priest and Ena. "Fyoura, you managed to get away too," greeted Priest.

"Yeah, but just barely. One of those bastards caught me off guard, but for some reason, he didn't finish me off. I guess I lucked out," Fyoura looked around. "Are we the only ones who managed to escape?"

"Well, we saw Sin move ahead rather quickly, but we had trouble keeping up so Talyn dashed ahead..." Ena was cut off.

"Talyn got away too?" Fyoura asked anxiously.

"Well, yeah. Like I said, he's up ahead talking with Sin."

Fyoura was silent for a moment as they began moving again. Their group of warriors against the vampires had been nearly cut in half, but they had to focus on their mission none the less; they had to find Kalei.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]A firm hand slid across Kalei's right cheek, instintly pulling her eyes shut to fully embrace the flesh that yearn for her. The hand's thumb ran delicately up to the height of her cheek bone as the four other fingers stretched towards her neck, brushing her ear lobe as they slid past it. Her heart began to race as the hand firmly drew her forward. She felt as if she was going to lose her balance when she felt the cold, firm stiffness of another's body. It braced her as the fingers jerked her to arch her head back as the faint smell of colon beckoned her to breath deeply, only to be stiffled by the passionate, and tender touch of lips and a probbing tongue.

Kalei let out a deep moan that was stopped and intesified when the hand's body slid his other hand around her waist and jerking her forward. She could feel every inch of the body against her, absorbing her warmth. One hand stayed firmly upon her cheek as the other wandered wildly across her shoulders, back and butt beckoning her to arch, slid, and jerk against the body before her.

The lips that so forcefully tore at her lips raced down her neck and chest, nippling softly on her collar bone and thick muscling of her shoulder. Kalei threw her head back, gasping as the hand that once held her cheek pulled its finger tips forcefully down her neck towards her almost bare breast. A smooth, delicate cheek rubbed against Kalei's as she felt the faint presence of lips next to her ear.

"May I, Kalei?" A soft, seductive voice moaned into her ear.

Kalei dug her nails into the back of the figure that held her, grasping firmly to the silk shirt that bunched into her hands.

"Oh, Kalei. How I've longed for you. Please..." the voice nearly cried.

Kalei backed away, pulling to the very limit of the hands length. She stared deep within the blood red eyes that stared at her so longingly. She searched his face as she slid her hands on either side of his face watching him close his eyes and melt into them.

"I don't know, I..." Kalei began but was silenced when the man's eyes flew back open.

"Kalei, my Love." The man brought one hand from her waist and slid it across her cheek again. "I would never harm you. I will love you fully without turning you. My love for you is because you are what you are. Never would I try to make you into something you're not." He whispered to her, pulling her forward as he bent down to kiss her forehead.

"I just...I've never...and..." Kalei stuttered, turning away from him.

He smiled brightly at her lack of words, swipping her off her feet and walking towards his massive canopy bed. He laid her upon the satin sheets, gently placing her head upon one of the massive feather pillows. He brushed her light brown hair from her eyes as he bent down to kiss her.

"Malik..." she placed her hands upon his chest to stop his advances.

"Yes, my Love." Malik hovered over her as he knelt onto the bed.

"I love you."

His eyes grew wide as surprise over came him. It slowly faded into a gorgeous smile with white fangs exposed as he uttered the words in return, "I love you too." As the last word left his lips he crawled onto the bed and kissed Kalei passionately, as she returned the embrace. The moment heated into an ever-lasting memory.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]*************************[/CENTER]

Kalei julted forward, her breath coming to her quickly. Her eyes took in the door hut she found herself in. A stiff wide slid through the broken boards of the shutters, but there was nothing there but her and the dust.

"Malik..." Kalei groaned as she sat back against the wall.

Suddenly the wakanda leader let out a terrible scream, surging forward once again, doubling over her legs. Pain surgered through her chest and abdomen as she tried to clear her mind. She dragged herself to her feet and stumbled towards the door, nearly falling through it as she stumbled outside. She fell to her knees and threw her head up to the sky, finding clouds swirling around her.

"KATIMA...TEGAN...!" Kalei screamed into the darkness, falling foward onto her hands. "My wakanda." She sobed softly as she mustered the strength to stand again.

"I ask from the Earth, a creature that could carry me to my dear and precious children." Kalei whispered into her hand, throwing the gribbed words into the night air. She waited only briefly before a soft whinny came from behind her.

"Hello my young friend," she whispered to the buckskin horse that stood before her. The graceful creature bent his head towards the dry grass before him, sniffing it gently as he brought it back up.

Kalei smiled softly as she slowly approached the young stallion. She reached out as the stallion brought his muzzle forward so she could touch him. His beautiful face was soft as she ran her hand up to his forehead, across his ears and down his neck. He stood perfectly still as she hoistered herself onto his back. He did not stir nor protest her mounting as she leaned forward to whisper into his ear.

"Please, will you bring me to the wakanda that search for me?"

The stallion threw his head up and down before juttling forward. Kalei sat up, holding firmly to his mane as they raced across the Spanish fields.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]OCC: Alright every one, finish up the battle with the vampires. Those that have been captured should find themselves in a dungeon of sorts. You can all see each other, but are in seperate cells. You cannot escape by using magic...that and you've just had your asses' kicked. Those that were not captured, will find themselves in a hospital in Madrid. Thank you.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=blue]"this is the real truth...everyone dies...its just a matter of time before you do...this life style you live, it just brings you closer to death..its just a matter of time"[/COLOR][I]
who told me that.....[/I]

priest squinted, the bright lights and white color of the hospital room seem to make it harder for her to see. The sounds of her gasping for breath seem to be foreign to her, as if it wasn't even the same life form. she rotated her shoulders back and a sharp pain seem to spread up her back. she cried and huffed again shortly after regaining her breath.

[I]what happened...[/I]

she said some thing that sounded only like a few murmurs and looked around the room squinting a bit. it all seeming like a bad horror movie to her at the moment. what happened, the last thing she remembered was them walking, searching for Kalei ...and anyone who was still alive and well. Who knew how the others were fairing.

she had a faint memory of being attacked again, but couldn't quite remember what had really happen ,her visions were burry and their for unreliable. she was still getting herself together when a doctor walked in the room stopping for a second at the door."oh your awake." priest looked up, her eyes tranced with red lines that seem to be attached to the red pupils that stared up at him,the wonders of contacts, he stared back at her."Well you and your friends were reported to be in a car accident."

"car accident?" she said and rubbed her neck feeling the burning all over her back still.

[I]you mean to tell me in a place so crowd with vampires they run the streets like vermin in a large city.... and we still have to act like their not there...[/I]

she stopped her thoughts getting brushed aside by others."where are the others." she looked up and stared at the doctor waiting for a response. she started to slowly gain her memory back, she remembered Ena, Fyoura, and herself had managed to find Talyn and sin after a while, but after that everything seem to fade back into a blur. She shook her head and frowned still waiting for a answer from the doctor.[/SIZE]

(ooc:hope this is okay if you guys want me to change anything let me know.)

[i][size=1]Vampires were all around them. Sin and Talyn couldn't have stopped them all, and soon they were overrun, vampires all smashing them to the ground, beating them, kicking them until they saw blood. Then, they fled, leaving the Wakanda lying all over the street.

Talyn may have been the last to fall unconscious, as he saw the blood becoming a lake in the middle of the street, his friends lying, maybe living, maybe dead, beside him. Then it all went black.

[/size][/i][size=1]Talyn opened his eyes to see a bright white, clinical-feeling neon light hanging above him. He blinked a few times, and the neon bar light came into focus. The ceiling was white, as where the walls. The bed he was lying on was hard, with no give at all in the mattress. He shifted his body slightly, and immediately regretted it. He had shooting pains all up his back, and his head felt like it was splitting. He chanced a movement of his head to look around, and he saw the others in similar beds on either side of him. They were in hospital.

Priest was already up, and talking to a doctor, but the others seemed to be lying in beds, apparently not awoken yet. Talyn sat up with a groan, and rubbed his aching head. A doctor immediately rushed over to him, but Talyn waved him away.

"Please sir, you have extensive external injuries. Let me examine you," pleaded the doctor.

"No," said Talyn, "The others are in more need of attention. Go and examine them." The doctor looked as though he was about to protest, but then gave up and wandered over to Fyoura's bed.

"Priest," said Talyn, "Can you remember anything of what happened?"

"Just about. I remember managing to find you, then being jumped by vampires. That's about it. Can you remember anything else?"

"About the same as you. Do you know who is here? Who are we missing?"

"Me, you, Sin, Fyoura and Ena are here. Which means that Thayne, Katima, Tegan and Richard must have been taken. We've been badly weakened by this. The vampires must have known we were coming to Madrid. It would have taken weeks to get this many vampires into place."

"Unless Malik's residence isn't as far away from here as we thought. And if it isn't, he must have been having some sort of gathering for the vampires. That's how the vampires got into place so quickly."

"There is another option," said Priest.

"Which is?"

"You're not going to like it," he said, "But think about it. Who told us to come to Madrid? Who hasn't been in our ranks for that long?"

"Are you suggesting that we may have a traitor in our ranks? And that traitor may be Tegan?"

"Just think. He arrives, tells us to go to Madrid, and we get attacked. And did you see Tegan fighting? He wasn't killing any vampires, just removing limbs and injuring them, but not killing them. It all adds up to be pretty suspicious if you ask me."

"Well, we can't think about that right now. We have to make sure everyone is alright, and then we need to try and find Katima and the others. That is our priority right now. We can't let conspiracy theories distract us. Understood?"

"Understood. We're going to need a leader, though. Who do you think it should be?"

"We'll have to vote on it when everyone wakes up. Now go and check on the others, see if they have any chance of waking up soon. If not, we'll have to leave them here."

Talyn turned away from Priest, walking over to the other beds, scratching his neck. The bite wounds were beginning to burn again. That meant that he could feel the hunger coming on any time soon, and if he couldn't do anything about it then this entire mission was doomed...
[/size]

[color=AF38294][size=1]Richard woke, with a stabbing pain in his left hand. He felt the tears well up, clouding his vision. The tears stung, cleaning out the dirt and blood, but they reminded him. He was still alive. Slowly, he decided to inspect his hand, then wherever he was. Bending his elbow, the mangled hand came into view. He lost his pinky, middle, and 4th finger. Bloody stumps were all that were left, sealed up with some sort of invisible bandage substance.

[i]...I....My hand...[/i] It seemed all numb to Richard, but he flexed his index finger, and rotated his thumb a little. Then, he sat up and realized that he was on the ground in an eight by eight cell. Dirt caked the walls, the ground, and colonies of bugs were in different places. Clearly, whoever this was, didn't have much respect for him. Clearly, because whoever captured him had not been kind enough to grab his fingers for immediate reattachment.

[b]"Talyn...Ena...Sin...Priest....Fyoura....Thayne....Tegan..."[/b] Richard couldn't say the last name. He was greifed, everyone was probably dead or dying by now. He failed them. His one job and he couldn't even do IT right. He yelled in anger, and kicked at the bars that held him in there. They wouldn't break open, no matter what he tried. Finally, he tried to grab the bars with his hands, and then remembered that he didn't have enough fingers.

[b]"I...fucking...failed. Why am I so damn angry all the time?! Now's understandable, but...maybe if I had tried to talk to them all, including Katima the most...they'd still be here. Maybe I was too much of an angsty bastard."[/b] Ricahrd grabbed one of the bars with his good hand, gave a sharp tug and heave, but nothing happened.

[b]"I might as well leave an eulogy or whatever they call it..."[/b] Luckily, they hadn't searched Richard's pockets. He pulled out a small recorder with up to 36 hour battery life, and 40 hours worth of memory. He began.

[b]"My name is Richard. I am a Wakanda, and a damn angsty one at that. For all of you that don't know what Wakanda are...we're people with special powers. Like yer X-Men, Spiderman, Superman, whatnot. Even though we try to live normal lives, we end up losing the ones we care for. Even if you think they don't care back, they do. So all that I want to say, in case anyone knows if Talyn, Ena, Sin, Priest, Fyoura, Thayne, Tegan, or....Katima, is...I love you guys."[/b] He clicked it off, and hid it into the shadows.

A ruffling in the cell next to him caught his attention. It was the sigh of the earth as someone stood up, and fell back over. It was a womanly sound, the "Ungh...." That he heard.

[b]"Who...who is it?"[/b] Richard asked, looking throught he bars. He saw pink hair...

[b]"Katima...?"[/b] Richard's voice caught in his throat. She was alright! Well...bleeding slightly, but alright. That ment everyone else was okay.

[b]"K-k-atima....did you hear what I had said on that recorder?"[/b] She looked up, and nodded. Ricahrd felt the quaint feel of queasiness rise in his stomach, spreading out through to his cheeks.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Sin eyes barely opened, his head thrashed around he was breathing hard trying to find out where he was. He growled and showed his fangs, images of the vampire horeds attack them, taking away or killing the people he knew. He remembered trying to kill off vampires using his sword, only to be over run and forced to run, a shameful deed in Sin's eyes.

He clenched his fists and tried to open his eyes wider, the bright light effecting his eyes, he finally got the open and shot up. Sitting up straight and looking around, he saw he was sitting in a hospital bed looking around he saw a doctor talking to Priest and Talyn. Sin realized he wasn't wearing his coat and the doctor that was talking to Priest and Talyn walked over to him.
[B]
"Sir, you need to lie down."[/B]

[B]"No, I don't need to lie down. I need my coat."[/B] Sin tried to stand up and the doctor pushed him back down.

[B]"We found your hemoglobin levels were low, thats dangerous, we are getting some blood from our banks right now."

"No, I have the cure in my pocket."

"We also found odd muscle structuer around your canines and we want to ask you why they are like that."

"Just shut up and get out of my way before you become my cure for my low levels."[/B] Sin pushed him out of the way and looked around frantically for his coat, he soon found it digging through the pockets he found a vial and went back to his bed. He set it down and looked at the doctor.

[B]"Bring me a syring."[/B] The doctor looked at him oddly.

[B]"I'm sorry sir but we can't just distribut syringes unless we know what is going into your body."[/B] Sin grabbed the man and lifted him off the ground.
[B]
"Bring me one now!"[/B] The man nodded his now, Sin set him down and he bolted out of the room. Sin sat no the bed and rubbed his head, Talyn and Priest walked over to him.

[B]"Sin are you alright?"[/B] Asked Priest.
[B]
"Just fine."[/B] Sin looked to Talyn and noticed he was scratching his neck and motioned him to come closer.
[B]
"It's kicking in isn't it?"[/B] Talyn nodded softly, the doctor then came rushing in with the syring and handed it to Sin. Sin snatched it and stuck the needle into the vile, he with drew the red liquid in the vile and pushed out the air in the needle. He looked to Talyn and Priest.

[B]"This might get a little rough. So hold on."[/B]

Sin stuck the needle into his neck and injected the liquid, he pulled it out and dropped it on the ground. His eyes rolled into the back of his head and and he began to jerk around, Talyn and Priest instantly grabbed him and tried to relax him. They pushed him down and held him securly to the bed. Sin twitched and jerked for a few moments, then his eyes dialated and he relaxed. Sin sat up after a second or two and cracked his neck, Talyn looked at him with a hint of fear in his eyes. Sin leaned over and whispered in his ear.
[B]
"Yes, that is what is going to happen when you have some serum. It's nothing to take lightly, so be wise about when you use it and who is around."[/B] Talyn nodded his head and Sin sat back down and rubbed his head.

[B]"So what happened to us all?"

"Apperently we were in a "car accident". Other wise we don't remember. Do you remember anything?"[/B] Sin shook his head.

[B]"Just walking away from the fight and then a blank."[/B] Sin lied back down on the bed and sighed.

[B]"If you guys don't mind, I'll be going to sleep."[/B] Sin closed his eyes and attempted to fall back asleep when he heard a whisper.
[I][B]
"Find me...... Find me, Daywalker."[/B][/I] Sin's eyes opened again and he jumped off the bed, he looked around trying to find where the voice came from. He ran out of the room and ran down a hall, looking for where the voice was coming from, Talyn and Priest watched as he ran out the room.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=GREEN]The ambush has happened so quickly and with such force that they barely had time to react. The next thing Fyoura knew- darkness.

Fyoura heard voices but didn't open her eyes. The first was a voice in a spanish accent. [I]Dammit! Where am I?[/I] Then she heard the familiar voices of Priest, Sin and Talyn. She opened her eyes to find herself in a hospital recovery room. She turned her head to see Priest and Talyn holding Sin down to his bed as he injected himself with his serum. Fyoura turned her head away as Sin began to thrash about.

After a few minutes she heard Sin dash from the room. Fyoura sat up in her hospital bed, brushing a few strands of her long, sandy-brown hair behind her ear. "Oh, I give up!" The doctor treating them threw his arms up in exasperation as he left the room.

Talyn and Priest turned to see Fyoura sitting up in bed. "Fyoura, you're awake," Talyn said.

"Are you okay?" asked Priest.

"Well, I'm sore and generally, I feel like crap, but I'll live." Fyoura's gaze drifted around the room, "So where are the others? You don't think their..." she couldn't finish. She looked down at her lap.

After a moment Talyn spoke up. "We can only hope."[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]OOC: I apologize yet again for my absense due to a death in the family and sickness. So thanks for putting up with it while I got through the hard times.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Ena tossed and turned in her sterile bed as she clutched her stomach, remembering her events in the large ambush that took place.

One by one, a couple of her comrades were knocked out. She continued fighting, keeping a watchful eye on those that had succombed to unconsciousness. One vampire had been close to biting her.
"You're not as pretty as the other ones here. But I guess I'll wrap my fangs around your neck as a trophy." He hissed.
"Try it!" Ena yelled as she struggled to keep up with his speed by shooting blasts of flame in his direction. He popped up behind her and slashed her right arm, drawing blood. She growled as she lost eye contact with him. "Show yourself, you coward! See if you can do it again!"

For a few seconds, Ena stopped because the vampire had slipped away. She turned around to see the others fighting a ways away. And then a sharp pain, and the ground. In her last moments of being awake, she could hear a large scream.

-------------------

Ena shot up in bed in a cold sweat, alerting Talyn and the others as they all turned toward her. Ena was shaking as she panted slowly and heavily, her raven tresses in her face.
"Are you alright?" He asked.
She just turned to look at him. "...yeah." She sighed.
"You sure?"
"Yeah, I'm alright. Where are we?"
"In some hospital in Madrid."
"Where's Richard and the others?" She asked, looking around.
"They've been taken."
"Malik." Ena growled as she swung her legs to one side of the bed.

Attempting to stand, she felt the sharp pain in her arm and hissed. "Damn, I forgot about that. So what are we doing?"
"We were trying to think of a leader, we need to continue on our journey finding Kalei and the others."
"So, you're saying, that we're all that's left?"
"Yeah."
"Great. Let's do this then. I want everyone back."[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Sin walked quickly through the hospital, following the voice. Pushing people by as he made his way, the voice grew louder and louder the farther Sin walked.
[B]
"Closer Daywalker..... Closer."[/B] It called to him, Sin still had no idea what was calling him but couldn't help but obey the call. He walked faster and faster until he was jogging through the halls, looking around for this unknown voice.
[B]
"Almost their Daywalker...."[/B] The voice was louder now, almost like in reguler pitch. He stopped and looked around, he saw where the voice was coming from. The hospital inventory, where patients stuff was taken, labeled and thrown in. Sin walked into the storage room, disregarding the hospital personal telling him not to go any further. He walked in and looked around, the voice was clear now.

[B]"Your close, Very close....."[/B] Sin looked and saw his sword hung up on the wall, he grabbed it and looked it over.
[B]
"Finally Daywalker...... You have come at last...."[/B] Sin drew the blade ans stuck it in the ground, he found a stool near by and pulled it over,he sat down on it and looked at the blade.

[B]"You are alive. Aren't you?"

"Yes...."[/B] The voice whispered. Sin looked at it oddly.

[B]"How?"

"Energy resides within me......"

"What kind of energy?"

"Wakanda..... Vampire..... Human..... all of them....."[/B] Sin thought for a moment.

[B]"So your made up of the energy of Wakanda, Vampire and Human, correct?"

"Yes....."

"How many of each?"

"One.... Each had a trait..... Each was one I was looking for......"

"What was the trait in each one?"

"Wakanda..... Magic, Vampire..... Strength, Human..... Heart."[/B] Sin took a deep breath and thought for few seconds.

[B]"Ok, if those are the traits you conatin and are looking for. Why pick a half breed like me to carry you?"[/B] The sword didn't respond right away.

[B]"Because..... You have Vampire Strength..... And..... Human Heart."

"But I am missing the Wakanda magic, So I am not qualified to weild you."

"True..... You are missing Magic..... But thats what I am..... Wakanda Magic..... Magic completes the circle..... I am your last piece....."

"Last piece?"

"Yes...... You are incomplete without..... I am the last piece for the balance...... Your balance...."

"But...."[/B] Sin didnt get to finish as the sword interrupted.

[B]"No more questions..... tired from today.... tomorrow will answer....."

"On last question. What is your name?"

"Rashna...."[/B] Then the voice faded and spoke no more, Sin sat their a moment longer reviewing what the sword had said. He stood up and grabbed the sword, he took of his coat and strapped it to his back. Slipping his coat back on and sliding the sword back into its rightful place, he walked out of their inventory rooom. The nurses and doctor looking at him oddly, he walked back to the room where they were all placed, slowly making his way. Thinking over and over again what the sword said about balance. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[color=#CC0099][size=1]The world felt like it was spinning. In the background, Katima could hear someone talking to themselves. The voice.... sounded familiar. She opened her eyes, feeling thoroughly groggy. THe world was indeed spinning - spinning so fast that she felt sick.

The person's talking became more and more clear. It sounded as if they were talking to a recorder. She hear a little of it.

" ... So all that I want to say, in case any one knows if Talyn, Ena, Sin, Priest, Fyoura, Thayne, Tegan, or....Katima, is...I love you guys."

That voice.... she knew it was Richard's. She tried to stand up, but managed to fall back down. Her legs had been bruised so well that she couldn't stand very well, especially with manacles clamped to her wrists. She grunted as her rear hit the earth hard.

" K..K.. Katima!" she heard Richard say. " Did you hear what I had said on that recorder?"

She felt blood trickle down her forehead as the manacles cluttered together, making a lot of noise. She turned herself so she faced Richard's cell. It hadn't quite hit her that she was in a dungeon yet.

" Only the very last bit," she said. Looking around, she saw Tegan, Jade and Thayne on the opposite side of the dungeon. They looked like they were still out cold. Finally, the blur in her eyes cleared. She looked at Richard. He looked a little ruffled, and rather embarassed.

" Ahhh... my head hurts..." Katima sighed as she lent her forehead against the cold stone wall. She now understood where she was. In some dungeon of the vampires. Now she was farther from finding Kalei than ever.

" Richard.... do you think we'll survive this?"[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Thayne's eyes flickered open. He was lying on a hard concrete surface, and his head was throbbing. Warm blood was trickling down his face, and he could feel dried blood as well. He tried to move but his body was racked with pain and collapsed to the ground. The events of the battle flooded into his mind along with the pain.

[I]Ridiculously outnumbered, they had fled, but were cornered none-the-less. Luckily they had made it out of that situation, but Thayne had been split from his allies afterwards. The Vampire's followed him relentlessly, no matter how many he burned to a crisp. Finally he was in the thick dense of the forest when he could run no further, as he was surrounded on all sides. He had grimaced and launched his all out counterassault.

But it had been to no avail. He burned down a great many number of Vampires, but alone he was no match for the raging hordes. He was beaten fiercely, though not enough to kill him. He was conscious for most of his torture, until finally passing out into cold darkness. [/I]

His body was still hurting from the beating he had probably received four to five hours ago. He tried once more to pick himself up, and succeeded. He walked to the bars and heard voices. He recognized them as Katima and Richard.

[B]?Richard?do you think we?ll survive this??[/B] Katima?s voice sounded unstable, disconnected. Richard didn?t reply to her comment, so Thayne decided to pitch in. His voice was hoarse as he mustered the strength to speak.

[B]?We have to.?[/B] Katima and Richard both jumped with a start, then realized who was speaking. Richard instinctively spoke out to his friend.

[B]?You alright??[/B] Thayne smiled and nodded his head slightly, before coughing up blood. He wiped it from his moth and flicked it into the corner of his cell. He had been fine a second ago, but something had struck him in the stomach. He looked down at his feet. A rock. He saw two Vampire guards walk out from the dungeon laughing. Thayne growled and answered Richard.

[B]?Yah. Not in the best condition, but I?ll live. How are you two??[/B] Katima mumbled fine and Richard did so as well. They were all whipped, and Thayne could sense that Richard was a little uneasy. He didn?t know why though. He looked over to the other cells and saw that Jade and Tegan were unconscious still. He fell down to the ground and sat there. Tegan had only just gotten back and was already being submitted to this kind of torture.

No one would have thought this was going to happen. We were all just to delighted that Tegan was back. No hint during the day, not Tegan?s comment to Talyn or his conversation with Sin foreshadowed the ambush. Thayne stopped cold. [I]Wait?Sin? Talyn?[/I] Suddenly a thought dawned on him. He sprung to his feet, shook violently, then collapsed into a wall. He pulled himself to the front of his cell and addressed Richard and Katima.

[B]?What?do you think became of the others??[/B][/SIZE]

[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DarkRed]The battle was over, and the vampires emerged rather victoriously. They were pressing their luck however, how they had managed to strike at so many Wakanda at once and survive was beyond any of the vampire's reasonings. There were few who knew it would be futile to try to crawl back to the Villa while wounded with dawn approaching. Those that couldn't make it back vouched to lay low in any place they could sleep for the day that was near by and reasonably safe. There were also a few wounded so fataly that their vampiric comrades had no choice but to put them down.

Of the nightwalkers that survived, few carried random Wakanda back to the Villa, feeling lucky enough that most were unconscious. The rest, they left for dead in the wake of approaching sirens. Alec was one of the fortunate few to escape without anything more than a few open (and bleeding) wounds. He didn't find them serious enough to return empty handed and thus walked back to his master's home with a limp and lifeless Wakanda thrust over his shoulder. He had left the estate shortly after his breif confrontation with the fledgling vampire. There was a strong desire within him to shred his newest kin's limbs from his worthless torso, but he knew he was needed elsewhere, namely on the front line of battle.

The fight was nearly over as he arrived, and he had the pleasure of aiding in the torture of a firestarter. One who it seemed, singed a number of his allies. It was this Wakanda that he carried over his shoulder now. The man had put up quite a fight, and struck Alec with deep, painful wounds. As he recounted it, he turned slightly, the Wakanda's dangling hands softly hitting the small of his back as he stopped.

"I should very much like to leave you to rot right here." He grumbled, currious if the firestarter could hear him, "But I think you'll be of much more use to us alive at the Villa..."

He chuckled, his hand sneaking higher around the Wakanda's waist with which he balanced him by on his shoulder, sneaking fingers under his shirt and dragging sharp nails over tender skin. Yes, he'd show to be very usefull indeed.

After the prisoners had been taken back to the estate and locked in their respective cells down bellow, the wounded returned upstairs, looking for noureshment and a good place to rest. Dawn wasn't due for a few more hours and the guests were content with waiting for now. Alec had climbed the stairs, licking an open wound on his hand as he searched for Malik, deciding against all reason that he should report that there were prisoners, since the others were hesitant in approaching him.

----

Malik was carrying Kabira in his arms, taking her to their large stone coffin, where she would receive the rest she needed, where she should have been the night before...

She had been dressed in fresh white linen, her wounds taken care of for now. Malik imagined that she would need further attention later, when she was coherrant enough to describe her internal injuries. Unfortunately, Vampires were not the leading experts in medical health as they were rarely concerned with it. They could regenerate, yes. But if one were as ill or wounded as Kabira, they would merely kill them, to ease their suffering.

Malik wasn't about to let it happen to Kabira however, not at all.

He set her down easily within their coffin, sliding the heavy stone lid shut with little effort. He was severely sorry to see her in this state, and couldn't stand to look at her really. Not for the moment anyway.

He drifted into a different area of his quarters, one that looked like a parlor where one would entertain guests. He hardly took notice of Alec as he threw himself onto a nearby lounging chair and stared morosely at the floor.

"You had best have a good reason for entering my quarters without permission or warning Alec..." Malik grumbled without lifting his gaze. Alec wasn't put off by his warning as he continued to nurse his hand with his tongue and lips.

"I have a very good reason I daresay," He quirped happily, smiling at his master, "There are a few prisoners who are just dying to meet you, I came to inqure as to how many I should bring to your council."

Malik was silent for a moment, his eyes steady and calculating towards the floor,

"Two" He said, and spoke no further as he waved a dismissive hand towards the other Vampire. Alec gave a short, curt bow as he turned and exited Malik's living quarters. He was off to the dungeons now to bring back a pair of Wakanda who would meet his Master's wrath.

----

Alec had slipped into the dungeon, snapping his fingers at the two vampires on guard. He smirked at them, taking a quick sweep down the cells with his eyes. He spotted the Wakanda that he carried back, flashing him a deadly grin.

"You two can return upstairs," He said softly, "I can take things from here."

The two guards nodded, passing him to return to the others above. Alec gazed along the cells, regarding each Wakanda carefully. After a moment of silence he smirked and gave a propper bow.

"Good evening, my name is Alec," He looked up at all of them, "And I'll be taking two of you to my Master very shortly."[/COLOR][/FONT]
------------------------------

NOTE: Only Kairi and Reiku's characters will be sent to see Malik.

[I]?Jade... [/I]

[B]?Jade, are you alright?? [/B]

[B]?Yeah, I?m jus dandy.?[/B] Jade looked up and took Tegan?s hand. He pulled her to her feet and she brushed the dry clay dust off her cloths. The hot August sun burned down on them as they stood in the middle of the outback, the river to one side and some ruff tree coverage a little further on.

[B]?That was quite a hit you took, what was that??[/B]

[B]?The Aborigines call them the snakes of Bahloo.? [/B] She pulled her knife from the ground and sheathed it as she began to walk toward the trees. Tegan followed, glancing over his shoulder at the body of the supernatural snakes she had killed

[B] ?There?s more in this country to fight than the vampires. It?s more than just boomers and Bunyips ?ere ya know.? [/B] She said, turning and smiling at him. He shook his head.

[B]?You?re something else Jade, how have you handled this so long? Being the only one in this country??[/B]

Jade shrugged and looked over him at the sun and the caverns before she answered
[B]?I reckon I?m jus? a lucky Sheila. She?ll be right Tegan, no worries?[/B]

Tegan shook his head again and laughed. He didn?t pretend to understand her slang he just shrugged it off. They continued to walk into the trees. The sun was setting. They had to set up camp?

[I]??Jade??[/I]

She coughed violently, then spat out blood, licking the inside of her cheek. Her head swam in pain.

[B]?Jade?? [/B]

She peered around the cell and saw his outline a few feet from her. Tegan.

[B]?Are you alright??[/B] concern flooded his voice. She found that she was chained to the ground by her hands and feet,[I] the chains probably just long enough for her to stand a go a couple feet. No more than that. [/I] She sat up and leaned against the bars. Her voice was gravelly and ruff.

[B]?I reckon? I reckon I?m jus? a lucky Sheila... She?ll be right Tegan? no worries?[/B]

[FONT=Arial Narrow]"Ah, you're awake." The faint masculine voice rose Kalei's hoardly visible vision to focus upon the face above her.

The man was some where in his mid-thirties with a sharp angular face. His well darkened skin, thick black hair and matching eyes confirmed his origin. The small mustache that stretched across his upper lip was a horrible contrast to his face as his yellow teeth were exposed in a hearty smile.

Kalei moaned as she sat up, extending a hand to the side of her head. It throbbed terribly, and she realized that it had been poorly bandaged. She made some more noises before taking a look around the small, crumbling building.

"Where..." Kalei started.

"Madrid," the man answered quickly, rushing from the battered woman's side to gather the small tray of food he had prepared. He placed the tray upon her lap and watched Kalei pick at it. "Do you remember anything?"

Kalei placed a small spoonful into her mouth as she tried to focus on the last thing she remembered. Her mind danced about the long grassy plains of Spain and then a massive city in the distance. The stallion that she rode upon had slowed its pace as she slid down around his withers and neck. They had made it just on the outskirts of the massive city when she fell to the coble streets below. From there it was fuzzy.

"Miss...do you remember your name at least?" The man beckoned for her attention again.

"Kalei." She said simply only then realizing that he had been speaking spanish this whole time and she had understood him as if he was speaking english. But she knew no other language except the small chants for Wakanda spells and english.

Kalei surged forward and felt her stomach knot. The sudden movement jarred her bowl of soup and cup of tea, and some of the contents spilled onto her lap. The hot liquid seeped through the small blanket, but Kalei could not feel its burning sensation. She was lost in the ache in her mind and soul.

"Miss...miss are you alright," the man said franticly as he removed the tray from her lap.

"I must go." She struggled to move herself from the bed he had placed her on. But he held her firmly to its mattress.

"You must eat first. You need strength." He stared deep within her eyes and she knew there was no way of getting away from this man.

[CENTER]*******************************[/CENTER]

Once Kalei had finished her small meal the man helped her outside and called her a taxi, giving the man enough money to send Kalei any where she wanted to go in the city. As the Wakanda sat in the back of the taxi, she could not imagine where to start looking. She didn't even know they were in Madrid. How was she going to find Katima and the others?

"Where is the nearest hospital?" Kalei asked suddenly.

"A few short blocks, Madrid's Universty Hospital," replied the taxi driver.

"Bring me there." She stared out the window as the massive buildings streamed past them.

[CENTER]*******************************[/CENTER]

"I'm sorry miss, but you can't go in there," a nurse said as Kalei stood in the hallway of the emergancy ward.

Kalei pad her no attention as she continued down the hallway, her thoughts lost in how terrible the others would be.

"Miss," a stern voice and hand brought Kalei to whirl around. A doctor, she assumed from his appearance, had taken hold of her. His face was stern and he held firmly to her arm.

"You don't understand, I must see them." Kalei protested, trying to pull away.

"Visiting hours are not promitted at this hour," the man said simply.

Kalei creased her face with anguish. How could this be? She must see them, she had to know.

"Kalei?" a soft voice echoed down the sterile white hall.

Kalei shot her head back down the hall to see Sin walking out of another room, a finely crafted sword in his hand. He was dressed in those ridiculous paper gowns with bandaging all about his body. Kalei's face lite up, yet frowned all at the same time as she pulled herself from the doctor and rushed towards him. She nearly jumped into the half vampire's arms as she embraced him tenderly.

"Where are the others?" Kalei said, fighting back her tears, and ignoring the pain that was tearing her insides apart.

Sin pointed towards a door and slowly made his way towards it. He opened the white door and allowed Kalei to enter first. Kalei nearly fell to her knees upon seeing them.

"There are only five of you," she whispered to herself.

[B][CENTER][COLOR=DarkGreen]OOC: Yay! Kalei has returned to those that were not captured![/COLOR][/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[size=1]"There are only five of you," the voice said. Talyn turned and saw a face he recognised instantly, one that he hadn't seen for a long time. His face lifted as he saw her.

"Kalei!" he said, jumping to his feet and striding across the room, embracing her warmly.

"Its good to see you again, Talyn," she said. She eyed the bandage on his neck nervously, but refrained from asking any awkward questions until later. She looked around and saw the rest of the team.

"Where is everyone else? Thayne, Richard, where are they? Have Tegan and Katima been taken too? What's happened?" she asked.

"We were coming to find you on Tegan's advice. We touched down in Madrid, and then we got jumped by vampires. We were taken by surprise. I think Katima at least managed to take a few of them down, but we were overpowered by them. They knocked us all unconscious, and when we woke up, we were here. The others were gone, presumably taken by Malik," he said. Then he led Kalei over into a corner.

"Kalei, we're not so sure we can trust Tegan. It's possible that he set this all up. He appeared out of nowhere, told us to come to Madrid to find you, and when we did, the vampires attacked us. Then, when we were fighting that vampires, Tegan wasn't killing any of them. He had the opportunity many times, but he only severed limbs. Some of us are doubting his motives."

"Talyn," she said, "Look at me. Look into my eyes, and tell me again that Tegan is a traitor. Tell me that our friend is with the vampires. You can't, can you? Tegan is not a traitor, Talyn, any more than you or I am."

Talyn nodded, and Kalei turned to address the others. She began speaking, Talyn knew that, but he couldn't hear a word she was saying. Then his vision became slightly blurred, and he felt himself sinking slowly to the floor. He began spasming, as he had done on the helicopter, his body wracked with violent convulsions. Foam began to gather at the corner of his mouth. By this time, Kalei and a couple more of the Wakanda had rushed over to him, as well as three doctors.

"Talyn!" Kalei shouted, "What's happening to him?"

Ena looked at her nervously.

"I don't know, but this happened on the helicopter on the way over here as well!"

"He's only got a few hours left," said a calm voice. Kalei turned around, and saw Sin leaning on the wall.

"What do you mean he's only got a few hours left?" she asked.

"Well, pretty much everyone else knows, so you might as well. Talyn got bitten, a while ago, when we were attacked by vampires in the airport when we were travelling to England. He's been going through the changes. He has the night-vision, the fangs are beginning to grow, his strength and speed should be increasing. He's only got a few hours left until he changes completely," said Sin.

"Talyn's been bitten?" said Ena and Priest almost simultaneously. Fyoura looked at her feet, and Sin walked away. Kalei turned back to Talyn. The doctors had injected something into him, which had calmed the spasms slightly, but he was still shaking, his eyes rolled back in their sockets.

"Talyn?" Kalei asked, lowering her head so it was in line with Talyn's, "Can you hear me?" Suddenly, his arm shot out, grabbing Kalei by the neck, his fingers tightening, his eyes still blank. He looked around at the other Wakanda, and snarled. Sin had darted forward, and applied pressure to a nerve in Talyn's hand, forcing him to release his hold on Kalei.

"What's happening?" she asked Sin.

"He's going through the first stages of change. His fangs should be fully grown by now, his night-vision developed fully. His muscles are growing, and as the brain needs all its energy to send hormones to the muscles, a lot of its other functions close down. It makes the individual seem more animalistic, more bestial. It should pass in a few minutes, but you may want to tie him down first. Things are going to get messy."

"Can you get him to a bed so we can tie him down, Sin? You're the strongest of all of us physically," Kalei said. Sin nodded, and leapt on Talyn, using his knowledge of his strength to good use. He grabbed Talyn and slammed him down onto his back on the bed. The other grabbed whatever they could to tie him down, belts, rope, anything they found lying around. Talyn began to go through more spasms, so violent they shook the bed around, threatening to pop the screws out of their holes. He howled and screamed, and after a few minutes, he stopped. He lay there, something strangely calm coming over him. His eyes rolled back to normal, and he blinked a few times.

"What happened? Why am I strapped to the bed?" he asked groggily.

"We'd better keep him there until he has changed fully," said Sin.

"I'm changing?" he asked, "But I asked someone to kill me when that started. Why are you saying that I should stay here until I am fully changed?"

"Tegan," said Sin, holding up a note that Tegan had slipped Talyn before they had been jumped. It must have fallen out of Talyn's pocket as he was changing.

Sin began to read:

"Talyn...

If it comes down to you turning to the darkness...I say this with all my heart. I will not allow anyone to kill you simply because you are a vampire...It all comes down to a simlpe choice really...you either get busy living...or you get busy dying. Already assuming that you will fall under Malik's control is foolish...for you still have a will...even if you have turned...trust me...I will not let you be killed...one way...or the other.

Tegan."

Talyn heard this, and tears began to stream down his face. Kalei walked over to him.

"I'm sorry this ever happened to you, Talyn. I'm sorry that you, my friend, have been turned. But I will stand by what Tegan says. I will not allow you to be killed by anyone simply because you are a vampire. Do you understand?" Talyn nodded, and whispered to her:

"I'm sorry I ever doubted Tegan, even for a second. I know now he only let the vampires live because he knew they could live. That they had feelings, that they weren't just emotionless monsters. I'm so sorry, Kalei..."
[/size]