OtakuBoards

lie

mornigndew

Guest Voodookanaka
I hate to lie, if a person would be offended by something then its best not to say anything at all rather than lie, otherwise u create a false looking mirror so to speak.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I try my best not to lie. . but it is a bad habbit that I have picked up. I wish I could stop, but you know. . it is not really something that is easy to stop. :D

I do my best not to lie on a regular basis, and find that the main times I lie is when I am talking with friends and try to make them feel better . . wierd, I know. But if a friend says something that is pretty interesting, I tend to overplay it a bit, and say stuff like:

Wow, I never thought about that. That is a really good point~

*shrug* May seem silly to others, but I think it makes them feel pretty good, even though I may have just said it or even already knew it. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]No matter what you do... lieing is part of our daily life...

We lie to make others feel better..

If we told the truth all the time.... the world would be a depressed place...

Think about how many times you lie to people you love to make them feel better...

I veiw lieing as a interesting part of human nature....

Even if the bible says that lieing is bad... i think it helps our social society...[/color]

[color=blue] what do you think about this statement "Words don't cost money, choose the right words to make each other happy" [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]I hate to lie, if a person would be offended by something then its best not to say anything at all rather than lie, otherwise u create a false looking mirror so to speak. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue]
[color=blue] You can only hide a certain things only. If you want to go to the party, and you know your parent wont let you. You told them that you're going to the mall, and they let you. You go to the mall, after that, you go to the party. It's still lying, even you don't tell [/color]

Hmm... so pretty much depends on what the lie is about. It it might end up hurting someone or yourself, then the truth is best. But if it might make someone feel good about themselfs or cheer them up, it's most likely okay. But you have to be careful, there's a fine line between the two.;)

Guest Voodookanaka
Its not really lying though, lying is saying something that isnt true, thats just tactically avoiding the truth, which in my opinion isnt the same. sides that situation wouldnt happen to me, id pretty much do what nelson does on simpsons 'im going away for a week cya!'

It depends on the lie itself, if it's used for selfish reasons, then no that's not right, or if you blame something on someone else if you really were the cause/involved in the situation. (I'm not sayin' this happens to all of us.)
But if you need o help someone or make them feel better, I think it's ok to lie, as long as you don't go too far ahead with it.

To be human is to flaw.

A lie could and probably is considered a flaw. Everyone lies, thus I don't think it's wrong to lie that much. I mean, one lie isn't gonna hurt.... sometimes alot of lies won't hurt... just be sure to choose the best situation to lie, cause sometimes, they will hurt.... and you'll regret it forever.

[SIZE=1]Heehee... me lie alot, not bad lies, stupid lies that people know I am lying...

Small lies like, if someones drawing is REAL bad I say, that's real good, but you might wanna do something there and here and blah blah I go on...

Bad lies are... umm, dunno... can't think of any bad lies... I never told a bad lie... just small lies...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Hehe, the only time I lie is to get me and/or someone else out of trouble :D I'm pretty good at doing that considering I've never been caught up in it. All you have to do is make it logical enough that someone can believe that it is true. Fairly simple, though hard to do on the spot :p

But other than that I am a very honest person, if someone asks me what they think of their physical appearance, and it's obvious that they are "on the heavy side" I'll say it to their face or keep my mouth shut, either one. People think I'm mean, but hey, they want the truth? THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! :D Hehe..[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Hehe, the only time I lie is to get me and/or someone else out of trouble :D I'm pretty good at doing that considering I've never been caught up in it. All you have to do is make it logical enough that someone can believe that it is true. Fairly simple, though hard to do on the spot :p

But other than that I am a very honest person, if someone asks me what they think of their physical appearance, and it's obvious that they are "on the heavy side" I'll say it to their face or keep my mouth shut, either one. People think I'm mean, but hey, they want the truth? THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! :D Hehe..[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

As Beast from X-Men says "A lie that is half the truth and half the lie is the blackest of all lies".
But, isn't lying just another way of keeping something that you want secret secret? As long as people believe your "Made-up" story, it's cool. You can lie to teachers about homeworks, parents about grades, on a test (After it by changing answers).
But the worst of all lies are ones involving emotions, especially when they are half lies.
I lie sometimes, as mentioned in the quote, to get me out of trouble. Then, there are things you don't even tell people...

Hmm,... well, I do lie, I'm not perfect. It's a flaw I work towards eventually eliminating (heh, I'll be better for the effort anyway). I don't like it, I always get that naggin conscience. The only time I'll consciously lie is..... well, I don't really know. It's not like I have a memo of when to lie/when not to. I'm usually straight-forward and honest. I really can't even remember any big fibs; if I've done anything it's small white lies, like to protect someone's feelings, but even at that, if what I think would be offending to someone (that's super-sensitive) I'd just say something positive, and when my thoughts get to the negative part, I'd just shut my trap. Now, if it would be for their benefit, I'll tell the truth, like if someone just really dressed in the dark that morning or something, and they ask my opinion of how they look..... I'd tell them what I think, to save them from any possible embarrassment.

well, i used to lie to my parents all the time & they thought i was an angel. then they found out how my brothers & i really were. they were a lot happier before, believe me.

the most common lie i tell is usually some sort of response to being hit on. i'll say i have a boyfriend or something. i don't like hurting people's feelings, & rejection SUCKS.

To me, it depends who I'd be lying to, because there are some people that I know that I would never lie to no matter what. Others, I'd lie to without a split-second's thought to it.

Still, a lie is a lie no matter how things might turn out in the end, or how much better the person you're lying to might feel. They'll find out eventually, and the longer it takes, the worse they'll feel about it when they do know.

Also, I've lied so much to my parents and friends before (mainly about my depression) that lies don't even register as big or small, white or not. They're all the same to me.

And yes, as Chris said "to be human is to flaw"
humans are not flawless creatures, they do make mistakes from time to time (some more than others). But the people that learn from their mistakes and apologize to the people they've done wrong to will be the truly prosperous ones.

(jeez, here I am thinking religion is a crock, and yet I preach stuff like I'm a minister..... orooooo @_@x)