OtakuBoards

Rank prejudice

kakkarot ssj4

I hate it when i see people calling newbies names and that
they dont know anything. yes some of them dont know anything, but u dont have to discriminate against them.

im a newbie but ive been on otaku for a year n a half. i dont have all tha time that some of you have to get posts and go up in ranks. so please give newbies a chance.

[COLOR=red] Not trying to discriminate...but I'm a newbie also but I don't jump into convo's that I know I can't back up w/ facts...that's the diff...

If you speak on something and you know youre wrong...youre gonna get busted...if you know it to be true...speak it..but if not...pls shut up!!!!!![/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]Erm...uh huh...I really don't know where this thread is going. Nonetheless, I say that you guys shouldn't worry about that stuff...anyone who bases their opinion on someone becaue of their postal rank (is that even a, uh, phrase?) is silly. I mean, as long as you guys post coherantly and follow the rules (regardless of post count), then you'll always be respected by [i]me[/i]...and I'm sure others would agree :D[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kakkarot ssj4 [/i]
[B]I hate it when i see people calling newbies names and that
they dont know anything. yes some of them dont know anything, but u dont have to discriminate against them.

im a newbie but ive been on otaku for a year n a half. i dont have all tha time that some of you have to get posts and go up in ranks. so please give newbies a chance. [/B][/QUOTE]
I don't do that, because I once was a newbie.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]sadly im still not a member :( oh well i guess having mod makes up for it ;)... anyway... anyone that jenna respects i respect since she is a pretty good judge of characters... thou master of beans still boggles my mind...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]anyone that jenna respects i respect since she is a pretty good judge of characters... thou master of beans still boggles my mind...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Hey, lay off my Kishy-poo...I didn't expect him to be so...loud...here :p. Actually...I have no idea why he stopped posting...ran out of time I guess...

Or wait...maybe it was too many adventures tapping on my window at [b]4 in the morning.[/b] Yeah, that's probably it...[/color]

People must earn respect from me, regardless of newbie or not. If your first post as a newbie is "hey im super kewl like me or ur gay" then well, I'm gonna lose all respect that you might have had right then and there.

I was a newbie once, I had to earn the respect i have now... sure, some people don't respect me, but thats their problem... You must earn respect... thats how i see it...

However, no respect still isn't an excuse for making rude comments toward anyone. So yeah.

[color=crimson]I respect everyone... no matter their rank

I respect mods/gods and admins..

Especially since Gods/ admins can... del... and ban me...

** looks around cautiously **

Dont wanna get banned... o___o;;;....

But newbies are people too.... they just havent posted a bunch of stuff... *shrugs*[/color]

Like Chris, I was a newbie too. Way back at the original Gundam Forum ^_^x

I've never been a newbie since, and I've earned a lot of respect. I treat new people like they wish to be treated, or based on how they act when I first meet them.

Although, I like having the rank of "newbie" but that's because I'm crazy now. I want negative posts!

heh, i was at the old gundam forums.. ^^;; [size=1]only in the hentai forum part.. but thats not the point.. [/size]

I first became active at AP.. then i'v practically been a drifter.. going from message board to messageboard.. calling one my home until i decide to leave or i'v worn my welcome.. but i believe that this may be my last stop.. hopefully atleast.. :)

i'm glad to have friends like stormy and chris ^__^ :) i hope that within time i can meet everyone :p

I believe that post count doesn't matter. This is a discussion forum, the key word being [b]discussion[/b]. I understand that to some, post count is important and, I respect their opinion and, frankly, its not my business what they wish to do with their time here. I just know that if taken too far, they will get their just rewards if you understand my meaning...

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]I believe that post count doesn't matter. This is a discussion forum, the key word being [b]discussion[/b]. I understand that to some, post count is important and, I respect their opinion and, frankly, its not my business what they wish to do with their time here. I just know that if taken too far, they will get their just rewards if you understand my meaning...

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. Post counts don't really matter unless you're desparate to reach a goal. Other than that, it's just something that doesn't cut in as much. Besides, the only thing rewarded is a custom avatar. No more, no less.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]there was a time, in v2, when everyone seemed to hate newbies, but thats gone past us now, everyone is ok with them, as long as they don't do anything stupid, like spam.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Reason why??
I think they assume that they were gonna spam. Hey, I was hated back then. I dunno why. But look at us today. There's actually peace between the newbs and other members.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]lol i didnt seem to be hated that much in v2... i ended up staying out of GD for a while thou that may be why no one hated me as much... thou i did piss people off in the zelda forum proving them wrong... but then that is typical me :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]

btw, master o beans is sick of the boards right now, but he'll be back someday. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Heh, do you speak with Beans regularly? I haven't even spoken with him lately...save the day after the window-tapping incident...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B][COLOR=blue]That seems like a good thing...but I ask why....Why were newbies hated in v2???? (just curious!!)[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
Because, we were all morons. The older members and newbies alike. A small percentage of newbies acted like jackasses and got away with it and thus, all newbies were hated...

-Justin