OtakuBoards

a survey

july

this is for a project that i'm doing that is due tomorrow. the project is about gun control and i'd like your participation in this survey is no admin/god objects. i'll ask a few questions, but i need your age and sex too. spanx in advance...

1. do you understand the issue of gun control in the united states?

2. do you think that there should be more laws to prevent minors from obtaining and/or using weapons?

3. do you think that guns should be outlawed all together?

4. if there were no guns in this world, do you think that it would be more peaceful?

5. what do you think we should have:

a. stronger laws that require you to have a permit to buy and a lincense to use guns, only if you are of age, (18)

b. no change

c. more caution when it come to storing guns so that minors cannot get a hold of them

or

d. **make up your own**

i don't know if those questions are good enough but i'm going to average out everything so as few or as much of you can answer if you like... thank you, very much.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by july [/i]
[B]this is for a project that i'm doing that is due tomorrow. the project is about gun control and i'd like your participation in this survey is no admin/god objects. i'll ask a few questions, but i need your age and sex too. spanx in advance...

[color=purple][size=1] not really [/color][/size]

2. do you think that there should be more laws to prevent minors from obtaining and/or using weapons?
[color=purple][size=1]yes[/color][/size]
[color=purple][size=1]no[/color][/size]
4. if there were no guns in this world, do you think that it would be more peaceful?
[color=purple][size=1]Not really, there were war before gun was invented [/color][/size]

a. stronger laws that require you to have a permit to buy and a lincense to use guns, only if you are of age, (18)

i don't know if those questions are good enough but i'm going to average out everything so as few or as much of you can answer if you like... thank you, very much. [/B][/QUOTE]

This is fine I believe :)

Anyway I'm 18, and male (a gay male if that means anything lol, Democrat also.)

[b]1. do you understand the issue of gun control in the united states?[/b]

Yes I do understand it compeltely... well as much as I can understand it.

[b]2. do you think that there should be more laws to prevent minors from obtaining and/or using weapons?[/b]

More laws? I don't think you can get anymore laws, I think they need to be enforced with harsher punishment. I do believe NO child, untill the age of 18. They are not responcible enough.

[b]3. do you think that guns should be outlawed all together?[/b]

No. I believe all automatic weapons should be outlawed to the public. Which they technically are, but people can easily make them automatic

[b]4. if there were no guns in this world, do you think that it would be more peaceful?[/b]

No. It may be even worse. The world is not peacefull because stupid people disagree too much.

[b]5. what do you think we should have:[/b]

a. stronger laws that require you to have a permit to buy and a lincense to use guns, only if you are of age, (18) Yeah thats pretty much it lol.

[B]this is for a project that i'm doing that is due tomorrow. the project is about gun control and i'd like your participation in this survey is no admin/god objects. i'll ask a few questions, but i need your age and sex too. spanx in advance...

[color=red]Yup[/color]

[Yes because they always get shot in teh process even though its fully aremd[/color]

[color=red]Not really because some people have licsenses for guns[/color]
]
[color=red]I highly doubt it. Because where there is man, there is war[/color]

[color=red]Forget 18[/color]

b. no change

c. more caution when it come to storing guns so that minors cannot get a hold of them
[color=red]My choice[/color]

or

d. **make up your own**

i don't know if those questions are good enough but i'm going to average out everything so as few or as much of you can answer if you like... thank you, very much. [/B][/QUOTE]

And I'm a 16 year old male

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Lets see. . I am 20, and Male[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Yup. . understand pretty well. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I think the laws are fine. . just the parents are not taking enough responsibility for this, and kids are getting smarter and more curious, causing them to get into a lot of trouble, and FAST now-a-days.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Nope . . guns are not the problem, stupid people are. Take the guns away from innocent people, and you have that many more victims. Criminals will always be able to get guns. . so I don't see people having guns as THAT much of a problem.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

4. if there were no guns in this world, do you think that it would be more peaceful?[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Not really. . unless some omnipitant force came down and said fighting was evil, and everyone listened to him/her/it . . LOL[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]This is my second choice to option C.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I think this has to be my choice. . [/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm 18, male, and I don't really care for the government. Call me... Undecided in my stance.

Yes. I did a project on it a few years ago

hell yes

not necessarily. just the semi/automatic ones

only to a certain point. there'd be no gunfights anywhere, but there's still plenty of weaponry to be found all over the place.

b. no change

or

d. **make up your own**

there's ways to get around A, no change would be stupid not to try, no matter how many precations you take there's still ways around them. So I chose D. There just needs to be stronger penalties/concequences for people that break the gun laws.

Glad to be of some help

[i]Originally posted by july [/i]

[COLOR=darkblue]Hm...Yes I do...It has been a hot topic at my school for 2 years now....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]No, they should just inforce the ones they have now....More laws mean confusion...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkblue]No, that wouldn't solve the problem, it would just cause more violence...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]No, that wouldn't solve the problem, it would just cause more violence...[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]No, just because we have guns, doesn't mean we have violence. Humans, as stupid as we are, would find another weapon of their choice, and we would have the same problem, if not worse.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]a. stronger laws that require you to have a permit to buy and a lincense to use guns, only if you are of age, (18)[/COLOR]

i don't know if those questions are good enough but i'm going to average out everything so as few or as much of you can answer if you like... thank you, very much. [/B]

[COLOR=darkblue]I am a 13 year old male, in 8th grade...:D[/COLOR]

b. no change

or

d. **make up your own**

1: Yes
2:No, there are enough as it is.
3:Hell no, they are a necessary part of life. ie: Cops, and other law enforcement ppls.
4:Nope, wars were, as Lotus said, fought before guns were even a thought.
5: b, because we already have enough rules, we dont need any more to follow. Even though they get broken, we still dont need any more.

"spanx in advance..." he he he ;)

[B]Yes, I had to do a number of reports on it over the years[/B]

[B]Yes[/B]

[B]Np, that would violate the constitution and and give the government too much power.[/B]

[B]Yes, yes I do.[/B]

[B]I think that there shouldn't be any weapons or fighting in the world, but thats not going to happen[/B]

[B]
age 22/F

--yes. my parents are in the nra.

--nope. there are too many now &, anyway, practically any kid can get a gun if they try.

--no. if the govt. did that, the only ones w/ guns would be the criminals.

--nah. there has always been violence & war, since the dawn of time.

--this one. but i live in powhatan, where 6-year-olds get rifles for christmas, LOL. my best friend sarah's 7-year-old brother is actually the person who taught me how to shoot just about any weapon imaginable. & sarah got her gun licence at age ten.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]1. do you understand the issue of gun control in the united states?

[b]Yes I do, we went over it in my American Government class least week or so.[/b]

[b]Yes I do, I believe in order to own a firearm of any kind, the person should have a valid reason as to why he/she needs it. For example, if they hunt, then obviously they are going to need something to hunt with. Simply "for protection" though, I think shouldn't be allowed.[/b]

[b]No, as I said before, they should only be allowed for certain reasons.[/b]

[b]No, there would simply be a lower death rate probably, but people who hold up banks or gas station clerk people would just find another something or other to hold the person up with.[/b]

b. no change

or

[b]d. As I've said twice before, firearms should be allowed only for neccesary reasons.[/b]

[b]15/M[/b][/SIZE]

this is for a project that i'm doing that is due tomorrow. the project is about gun control and i'd like your participation in this survey is no admin/god objects. i'll ask a few questions, but i need your age and sex too. spanx in advance...
[B]16 Male (I live in Texas btw)[/B]

[B]yes, yes i do[/B]

[B]well... maybe. i think parents should be more active though. i mean, would you listen to the "state" or your mom?[/B]

[B]no way[/B]

[B]no. there were many savage wars before guns were even imagined of[/B]

b. no change

or

d. **make up your own**
[B]no change[/B]

i don't know if those questions are good enough but i'm going to average out everything so as few or as much of you can answer if you like... thank you, very much.[/QUOTE]

18, male I live in the UK

1- I live in the uk and i understand that you have an issue with gun control

2- I think you shouldnt need more laws to prevent minors getting weapons, but I know that even with the toughest laws, there will always be someone who gets away with breaking them.

3- Unfortunately not. Guns are useful safety measures. Psychos are killers.

4- If there were no guns there would only be something else, less dangerous maybe, but not necessarily more peacful.

5- d. Allowing people to get a permit at the age of 18 wont solve the problem. An 18 year old with a gun is as dangerous as a 2 year old or 13 year old with a gun. However much caution is used in storing guns, there is always the odd corrupt employee who can pass them on. Unfortunately the only solution is to find out who the madmen are before they do the damage, which is near impossible.

b. no change

or

d. **make up your own**

1.Yes I do
2.Yes it should
3.No how would some people protect themselves?
4.No,It would be different but there would still be items for war.
5.A

1.yes
2.no...It would be useless..just like the war on drugs and trying to shut down the blackmarket...waste of resources...
3.*shrugs*dosn't matter...their are other weapons....guns are just the strongest personal weapons we got right now...
4.no...man has killed himself since the dawn of time...guns are just our most efficent way right now...their are still other weapons...swords,spears,staffs,sticks,Fist...

5.none - no matter what you do people will always find a way to do what they want...you can try and stop them but "where their's a will, their's a way"

b. no change

or

d. **make up your own**

1.Yeah I dont think i want to get killed.

2.Cant answer this.

3.Maybe.

4.No(cuz police need them) because there would be more crimes

5.a