OtakuBoards

Xbox vs GameCube

Syk3

What new system is better?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What new system is better?

• Xbox
    • GameCube

Yes, the great diversity currently being discussed in almost every continent. Comman knowledge tells me that this topic has already been discussed, but I would like you to reply just this last time. My friend is doing a research paper on this topic, and he needs some internet credit. This is where you come in. Please help my friend; vote and explain.

NOTE: This will also apear in the Xbox section

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]at the moment... my store has sold 25 x-circles and had 3 returned cause the games were tooooooo jumpy... we have sold 32 gcn and had 3 indigo ones exchanged for jet ones ;) so u can look at those numbers which are typical threwout the targets in SA as well... well the percentage of returns on the system... we had one gcn returned for other reasons... out of the 150+ we sold... not bad ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I will have to go GC like every one else. I have played each of them and like each of them. But the GC stands above the other one in my mind. I played a fighting game for the xbox (why does kuja call it the x circle?) and a starwars one for GC. The starwars was way better, but they were both fun.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]I played a fighting game for the xbox (why does kuja call it the x circle?)[/B][/QUOTE]
I believe the expression "strait as a circle" could have something to do with it.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]blah calling that thing a box is wrong... it dont deserve to be the same general shape as the gameCUBE :) so i call it the circle... that and i think it is a shoe box w/ wires ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=purple][size=1]It's really depends on how people's view is and what they enjoy most from either console.

[color=blue]Nintendo Gamecube[/color] has great games,such as Luigi's Mansion,Star Wars Rogue Leader,etc. The controller is the best of all controllers from what I have held once you hold it you'll get comfortably into it (remember its just my thoughts).As the future comes more great games will be out.Nintendo is always full of surprises and excitement.:)

[color=green]X-Box[/color] Microsoft has joined into the console war.So far it got some great games itself that i would like to try such as Halo,Dead or Alive 3,Cel Damage,etc.Halo have gotten some really good reviews and has done good as a first person shooter.The controller seems pretty good to me just I don't really the layouts of the buttons but its still good.You could download musics and play a game with the music of your choice pretty neat if ya ask me.

But i think the real console war begins the next Holiday in the year 2002.:) [/size][/color]

I like the GameCube. Why? I can sum it up in three words:

Zelda, Metroid, Mario.

The reason I like Nintendo is because of it's exclusive games that I won't find on other systems. If those games were exclusive on the X-Box, I'd be asking for an X-Box for Christmas instead of a GameCube.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]Why would you say the real war begins 2002 holiday season? I thought I already began? Oh well, what ever you say chief. [/B][/QUOTE]
I heard that PS3 will be coming out. It could be what he is talking about....or maybe not...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]
I heard that PS3 will be coming out. It could be what he is talking about....or maybe not... [/B][/QUOTE]
I don't think the PS3 will be coming out next year, since the PS2 is only a little over a year old. Usually it's about 4-5 years between consoles.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kickphat [/i]
[B]I think GC is the best beause it is th easy to make games for [/B][/QUOTE]

what the hell gave you that idea?.. o_O have you ever made a game for GC?.. games are NEVER easy to make :p .. well.. that is.. if their good..

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]As for the rumor of the PS3 coming out next year, I can not say. I DID read an article (will try to post a link if I can find it) that stated that development/production on the PS3 was started early, since the X-Box internet capabilities has sort of rattled Sony a bit. . so they are going to try to improve it and send it out earlier. . not sure if it will be one year from now or two years. . that will have to be seen.

As for the GAMECUBE being easier to make games. . he is right and wrong at the same time ^_^ They are VERY easy to develop games for. The software, etc. that is employed with the GAMECUBE is very easy to make games for, and thus, games are going to have a shorter time span of development. Star Wars: Rogue Squadren 2 was made within a 9month period. They said that they new that they could do it because working on the GAMECUBE is such a breeze. And look at that game - it is one of the prettiest you have ever seen. ^_^

As for which system is the best? Well. . I am baised to be a Nintendo fan. . so anything I say will most likely not be taken very seriously. But I hope that GAMECUBE does really well, because Nintendo needs it now . . not like they would be like SEGA and dissapear =P *ducks* . . .ok, shutting up now.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]As for the rumor of the PS3 coming out next year, I can not say.
[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

You don't have to say. There is no PS3, and even if there is, it won't be released for another few years anyway...........

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GotenksSSJ343 [/i]
[B]GameCubes the best plus all the good games it has. [/B][/QUOTE]

yah thats really convincing.

i want to play doa3, halo,amped,tonyhawk 2x, madden 2002. just to name a few. i also was shocked at how amazing the graphics were. and the japanese version of the xbox controller is awesome. so i might buy an import of that too. i like thoose fat lil memory cards too. all the buttons are shiny :) it jus screams "press me"

[color=rainbow] Well, i'm not sure...I mean, Gamecube's cheaper, and it has really good well-known characters and was popular right off the start..However...Xbox has good graphics, and it can play DVD's, but it's like, $650.00 or so and people are not really sure if they can trust the Microsoft name...i'm not sure what I would like better, but i'm leaning towards Gamecube.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] Well, i'm not sure...I mean, Gamecube's cheaper, and it has really good well-known characters and was popular right off the start..However...Xbox has good graphics, and it can play DVD's, but it's like, $650.00 or so and people are not really sure if they can trust the Microsoft name...i'm not sure what I would like better, but i'm leaning towards Gamecube.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

well its cheaper yeah, so this christmas most parents will be choosing with there pockets.

but xbox is not 650 dollars. its 299. it can also burn 6 cds at a time i heard. although that not be completly true. i trust microsoft i mean, windows is like the best why not trust them. another good reason is xbox is the first of its kind you know like back in the 80s when peeps first started getting nintendos, some still play nintendo now and there hardcore godlike nintendo pros. so why not get an xbox and in 10 years later you can be a hardcore godlike xbox pro.

PS. Im not a fan boy.