OtakuBoards

what is your biggest vanity?

Lady Macaiodh

what i mean is, what aspects of yourself are you most proud of to the point of vanity? it can be physical, mental, a skill, whatever. i'm very curious about this subject, b/c many people have low self-esteems & i think if they recognized what's good about themselves they would feel better.

here's mine: my hair. i'm very obsessed w/ it & i get pissed off when females dye their hair red & try to pass themselves off as redheads. it's also the rarest hair-color in the world.

& i have a ton of mental vanities, but they're too numerous to list here. :naughty: :demon: :naughty:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]i'm very curious about this subject, b/c many people have low self-esteems & i think if they recognized what's good about themselves they would feel better.
[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=deeppink]Great idea LM :)

My self esteem isn't too low (it can be at times) but one thing I'm vain about it probably my body...isn't that sad? It's kind of embarassing that I'd be so stuck up about having a nice body, but...yeah...(but when it comes to hair...I HATE mine..!!! But I like my eyes ;))

As for brain power, I think that my ability to take photos, or rather actually recognize what could make a great picture, and be able to carry that out in the form of a photograph. That's a skill that I am extremely proud (well, and humble) about :D[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]Biggest vanity eh?

Hmm...my biggest vanity is probably my body (even though I don't think I'm particularly attractive, I like my body).

But I think that at the same time, I can be a really self conscious person. I never ever leave the house without being very well dressed...and I'm not sure why that is. I don't even really consciously think about it.

I mean, most people are happy to wear a tracksuit or whatever to their local mall on a Sunday...but not me lol. I think it also ties in to the fact that I tend to buy very expensive clothes. But once again...I have no idea why.

For some reason I just hate the idea of being badly dressed in public. I think it might come from my parents...they're very much like that. They hate going out [i]anywhere[/i] without being very well dressed. *shrug*, I guess it's a habit.

Other than that, I don't really know. There is nothing that I'm really consciously think about or anything...[/color][/size]

Hmm.... My two biggest physical vanities are my eyes and my hair. My eyes are a dark green w/ a little brown and a little blue. And I like my hair because it always curls just right. But, I think the only reason why I think this is b/c other people have told me that they like these aspects of myself. Kind of like, well, if these people think that this is good, then I guess I should, too. My body needs work.:p :cool: I've been out of shape for a good six months :drunk: but that won't last for long now that football season is FINALLY over!! yay, I get my life back! :D

Mentally, I think my biggest vanity is my self-esteem and my will-power, and my coming-and-going intellectuality. I guess this come from being sXe (straight edge). After saying 'no' to things you don't like and sticking up for yourself, you come to accept and like yourself as who you really are. I guess that's where a lot of my self-esteem comes from. Now, my self-esteem has its low days like everyone else, TRUST ME, but I can usually recover after the blows I'm dealt.

Hey Lady Macaiodh! To be honest, I'm vain bout everything, even my height! I'm 6'3'' and I'm only 16! I'm also very vain bout my looks, my body and my bed! Yep! My bed! It's an adjustamatic, you know the ones with remote controls that move up and down at the push of a button!:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaioshin [/i]
[B]Yep! My bed! It's an adjustamatic, you know the ones with remote controls that move up and down at the push of a button!:D [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Like the ones at the hospital?[/FONT] :cross: :confused:

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]My Biggest Vanuty is my hair. It isn't even that great, I just can't stand to see it messed up. When somebody tells me that my hair is messed up I completely freakout.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

know how ya feel, im like" whoa, the the hairs off limits, NO TOUCHY!" i always have to check it in a mirror....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]My Biggest Vanuty is my hair. It isn't even that great, I just can't stand to see it messed up. When somebody tells me that my hair is messed up I completely freakout.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]My hair is long, thick, and very hard to manage. I'll chop it all off someday and give it to Locks for Life.[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]My hair is long, thick, and very hard to manage. I'll chop it all off someday and give it to Locks for Life.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]But then you will be bald Cera! LoL, that would be so funny. he he he ;)[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]My hair is long, thick, and very hard to manage. I'll chop it all off someday and give it to Locks for Life.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=purple][size=1]Chop your hair:bawl: that's terrible. [/color][/size]

My eyes... OMG my eyes!! Everyone says they are gorgeous(sp)!!! they turn up at the ends like a cat's do. My eyelashes are stunning and my eyes in general are what ppl usually notice about me.

I also like my hair. OMG if my hair feels even REMOTELY greasy... i hope my white a.ss in the shower immedetaly!!!!! It's naturally the color of honey... so... I'm happy with it

I can sing and act really well. BISHOP MY *** MR.BECK!!!!! :flaming: ooo um... woops

Oh, and my drawing ability... Ask Krillen.... he'll tell ya'

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Hmmm. . . I have to agree with many of you that I am VERY vain about my hair. . I spend more time alone on my hair then anything else. I have a good length on my hair, and like to style it, only problem is that my hair doesn't cooperate with me, LOL. . so I have to spend 30 minutes or longer just to set it up right. The really sad thing is that I usually wear a hat EVERYWHERE I go, totally nullifying the fact that I just styled it. >_<

Another thing I am vain about is my apperance. I love to dress up before I go out, and if I don't look good enough for my own self, I won't go out at all. Really pathetic like that, especially beacuse I am not in that great of shape. . I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I suppose I cover up what I don't like with something that I dolike.

Mental vanity. . hmmm. . . Video Gaming. . . I am obsessed with being the best at every game, and making my friends KNOW that I am. I love to talk a ton of trash, but luckily I have been doing better with keeping my comments to myself. I talk to myself in my mind (LOL) and will tell myself to tone it down, or I will even congratulate myself on a job well done, if no one else does.

Another thing I am really vain about is my organizational skills. I usually plan events with my friends, and make sure to get ahold of everyone the night of, or several nights ahead. Our hang outs, as a result, usually have many more people, making it fun for everyone, since there is always something to do, and someone to talk to. . LOL. Normally, the majority of my friends would just sit at home doing nothing if I didn't call them up and invite them out. I suppose I am pretty vain about that too.

I will post more if I can think of any, but that is the biggest things right now. . I have a TON of insecurities as well, but not sure if this is the post to put them. . LOL~[/SIZE][/COLOR]