OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! <PG>

Sandy

[size=1]Crash was walking back down the lightly forested slopes of the mountain [turns out that the eastern approach was much gentler than the northern one], when something hit him in the back of the head. He fell forward, catching himself on his elbows. He quickly rolled over, pokeball in hand, but there was nothing to be seen. Rubbing the sore spot on his head, Crash began to scout around for whatever it might have been that attacked him. He snuck behind trees, and was as stealthy as possible yet he saw nothing.

He shrugged in disappointment, and continued walking down the mountain. Around the same spot where he had been accosted by some invisible opponent, he stubbed his toe on a pinecone. With a howl of rage he bent down and picked it up, preparing to hurl it into the nearest fire, or cliff, or pool of acid. None were forthcoming, but that was all hypothetical, because at that moment it growled. Crash dropped it in shock and took a step backwards. It rolled towards him and growled once more, seeming to glare at him with little spaces which if you looked just right appeared to be... eyes. Wait, they were! All of a sudden, it was as if it came into focus, and Crash found himself staring at a small pokemon which looked entirely similar to a pinecone. It growled once more, and a shower of woodchips were flung outwards. Crash wrapped himself into a ball, wincing as the occasional woodchip hit him, or stuck into his flesh. With much groaning and uncertainty he uncurled, looking around for the evil pokemon which had attacked him. There it was lying just in front of him, not paying any attention.

Crash reached out with his pokeball and tapped it on the pokemon. A flash of red, and it had disappeared.

"Congratulations. You Have Just Captured A Pineco. This pokemon hangs and waits for flying insect prey to come near. It does not move about much on its own." came the stoic announcement from Crash's pokedex.

Sighing, Crash ruefully rubbed the back of his head "Not move much my arse" he muttered.[/size]

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#503F86]Just as soon as Samus had saved her, she'd left and continued up the mountain. Krystal had felt a little rebuffed by her sudden self-dismissal, but when you needed to catch as many Pokémon as possible she admitted it would be best to separate into as many teams as possible. She could at least have said goodbye, though.

She was getting a little frustrated with this challenge now. Every time she'd come across a Pokemon, a signal on her Pokédex told her it was 'already in the database', suggesting that someone else had already caught it.

Zigzagoon, on the other hand, was thoroughly enjoying himself. It zig-zagged everywhere, barked, yelped, sniffed, ran away and did various other things which all seemed part and parcel of Pokémon life. She still hadn't found Fox yet, either.

She occupied herself in the meantime by kicking a stone in front of her, her only indication of direction being the raccoon Pokémon's tail ahead of her.

"He wouldn't have been voted out, would he?" she mumbled to herself.

"Zig!"

She snapped back to reality and suddenly noticed her surroundings- everything was incredibly dark, and the air felt cold and humid.

"Must've wandered into a cave," she said uninterestedly, listening to her soft voice echo down the tunnel. She looked around as her eyes adjusted to the dark- the floor was uneven and covered in stalagmites, water dripping down rocky points jutting from the ceiling. She felt Zigzagoon pressing against her shin, seemingly ill-at-ease in the cave.

He whined again, and Krystal noticed he was looking deeper into the tunnel, from which a faint glow was emenating. She readied a Pokéball just in case, and scooped Zigzagoon into her arms.

The nearer she walked to the source of the light, the brighter it became until it looked like daylight was flooding the tunnel. The tunnel opened out into a massive, sprawling cavern, in the centre of which sat a brilliantly glowing Pokémon. If she looked between her fingers, shielding her eyes from most of the blinding light, she could make out a strange, indescribably-shaped creature of yellow and black, the orb on its tail (the source of the light) idly swinging from right to left and back again. It seemed quite contented, and didn't even notice Krystal drawing closer.

Suddenly, Zigzagoon decided now would be a good time to be curious and wriggled free of Krystal's grasp, bolting ahead towards the luminous Pokémon. There was a tense pause as the raccoon studied the creature; the two exchanged short utterances of Poké-language before the thing turned and looked to Krystal with a mixed expression of surprise and excitement.

It stood up and waddled over. Krystal crouched to make herself as non-threatening as possible and smiled, still holding her Pokéball poised to capture.

The Pokémon sidled up to her, tilted its head and sniffed her padded waistcoat.

"Ampharos!" it squeaked.

"Hee, cute!" Krystal gently ran her hand over the Ampharos' head, to which it closed its eyes and smiled. Gently, she then pressed the Pokéball against its chest and Ampharos zipped inside, sending the cavern into instant, unpenetrable darkness.

'[i]Ding[/i]'. "Ampharos. Light Pokémon. Ampharos gives off so much light that it can even be seen from space. People in the old days used the light of this Pokémon to send signals back and forth with others far away."

She looked around, hopelessly blinded by the sudden darkness.

"Well, we could use some of that light now. Out you come."[/COLOR]

[color=#333333]The waves brushed against the sides of Lapras' body as they drifted further and furhter into the sea. The sea current was soothing as it lapped against the ends of Mario's feet. It was about an hour before Mario had gotten bored of riding the sea Pokemon. He patted her neck.

"I need to-a catch some Pokemon.." he said, realizing it had been a long time since he had caught one, not including Lapras.

Lapras slowed to a stop and looked back at Mario with those glimmering eyes she had. She plucked at her Pokeball and was sucked inside, leaving Mario floating in the water.

"This isn't-a what I meant!" he yelped. He thought about all the Pokemon he had captured so far and couldn't think of one that would help him out of his current situation.

Suddenly, something large and slimy wrapped around his leg and pulled him underwater. He plunged deeper and deeper until the top of the water was so far away that it was nearly impossible to get back to the top without having to take another breathe.

That's when he realized that he was being pulled down by a Pokemon. It would explain the three huge sapphire eyes glaring right at him. They must have been at least a foot or two wide. The slimy arm threw Mario into the air and caught him with.. another arm? How many arms did this thing have? He had seen at least another three in the ocean below.

Was this thing juggling him? At least his pack was shut tight. As he was once again tossed into the air and this time pulled a Pokeball off of his belt. He threw it down into the water and anxiously awaited his Pokemon to come to his rescue.

Not 10-15 seconds after, Articuno came flying out of the water and grappled Mario with its claws flying him away from the tentacles reach. Articuno whipped an ice beam at the large octupsu that had risen out of the water and it was instantly frozen. Mario took this moment to his advantage and whipped an empty Pokeball at the frozen squid.

It was sucked right inside and Articuno swooped down and picked up the now full Pokeball with its beak. Mario swung onto Articunos back and held on tightly, taking the Pokeball from Articuno and placing it on his belt.

"Congratulations!" said his Pokedex. "You have captured Tentacruel. New Entry! Tentacruel, the jellyfish Pokemon. The tentacles on Tentacruel are normally kept short. On hunts, they are extended to ensnare and immobilze prey."

Mario happily put away his Pokedex and rode Articuno back to the beach where he had been before.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Shadow ran at full pelt up a mountain, expecting to find some sort of rock Pokemon somewhere. But he was mistaken.

As soon as he reached the top of the mountain, he looked down and found a gaping pit full of boiling lava. A volcano. And what's more, an active one.

He smiled and laughed slightly. Just what he needed. He looked on as another dog-like Pokemon emerged from the fire. It backflipped and landed on the other side of the crater to Shadow.

[b]"You're mine, Flareon," [/b]he said, recognising the Pokemon from his research using his Pokedex. He drew a Pokeball and hurled it at the Pokemon. It missed, tumbling down the side of the volcano.

[b]"Dammit!" [/b]shouted Shadow, running around the other side of the volcano and down the side to grab his Pokeball before he lost it. When he turned around, the little dog sat there, wagging it's tail expectantly.

[b]"You are so mine," [/b]he said, repeating his statement from a few moments ago. He hurled the Pokeball at it, and the dog jumped over the ball, letting it smack into the floor.

Shadow rolled and grabbed the ball once again, turning round to face the Pokemon, who opened it's mouth, and a great gout of flame erupted from it. Shadow ducked out of the way, but the fireball still caught him on the arm. He hit the ground, clutching his hand, and as the little Pokemon padded up to him, he turned and smacked the Pokeball straight down on it's nose, capturing it.

[b]Congratulations. You have captured a Flareon.

[/b]Shadow clutched his wounded hand, and his thoughts fell to all the Pokemon he had captured. Which one could help him?

Of course! Blissey!

He retrieved the Pokeball that contained the healing Pokemon, and opened it. The Blissey waddled up to him and sang something into his ear. He felt a cooling sensation running through his hand, and then he called Blissey back into the ball.

He looked down the side of the volcano, and saw a crystal-blue lake, with various Pokemon swimming around in the water. He guessed that was where he could find the next Pokemon on his list.

He ran down the side of the mountain, hoping that no-one had already caught a Vaporeon...

----------

OOC: Claim Vaporeon
[/size]

[color=#333333]Only eight Pokeballs left. Mario had come a long way since he had left his teammates at the beginning of the challenge. From climbing a huge mountain, to being sucked underwater, he was exhausted. Articunos flight was very comfortable.

When Mario thought he had spotted land far ahead, he knew he was right because a bug Pokemon zipped right by him. Maybe he could catch this one to make up lost time. He tugged on Articuno and forced her to swing back around behind the red bug to catch up to it.

It zipped left and right realizing that it was being hunted down. This Pokemon was only about 3'11'' tall with a wingspand about the same length as its long tail. It came to a sudden stop and flew straight down a couple feet causing Articuno to fly right past it.

"Smart.. Let's-a see if you can-a avoid this!" yelled Mario. He jumped off Articuno to see if he could grab onto the Pokemon's tail. He almost had it but missed and fell down towards the ground. Hmm.. it seemed with all this chasing they had made it back to land.

He landed softly on Articunos back and they swooped back up without a thought. Mario gently patted Articuno and they rose above the bug once again. Mario had a different plan this time. So he jumped off the large bird and instead of trying to grab the Pokemon as he passed it, he threw a Pokeball to where it wasn't. And, to his luck, it hit it when the Pokemon zipped to avoid Mario.

The bug was sucked inside and Mario caught it just before he landed back on Articunos back.

"Congratulations! You have captured a Yanma!" Mario groaned at his Pokedex's voice and listened intently as he got off Articuno when they landed on the beach. "New Entry! Yanma is capable of seeing 360 degrees without having to move its eyes. It is a great flier that is adept to making sudden stops and turning midair. This Pokemon uses its flying ability to quickly chase down prey."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503F86]Ampharos' light was proving very useful in the underground caverns. Krystal wondered whether it might be scaring off the underground-dwelling Pokémon that lived there, but it was fun exploring the caves anyway. She could understand why Lara found it so enthralling. The shapes of the caverns' ceilings, the patterns on the rocks formed by water and erosion, the-

[i]Sploosh[/i].

-hidden pools of water.

Krystal pulled herself onto the rocky cave floor and sputtered the water she'd swallowed onto the ground, Ampharos and Zigzagoon watching with concern. She waved a hand in front of them to signal it was okay, still coughing violently. Once the all the water was ejected she rolled onto her back and sighed, her chest and throat sore. She really wasn't herself right now; she was glad nobody else on her team was here to see it. It wasn't even dark, for Krazoa's sake. Closing her eyes, she ran her fingers through her hair and sighed deeply.

"Damn it. I need to get my act together or I won't survive the rest of the challenges. She was dreading what would happen when the teams got split up again- would she be up against Lara? Samus? She'd have no chance then.

She felt a tug on her leg.

"Yes, I know... the more I lie here feeling sorry for myself the less I get done. I'll get up."

She hauled herself into a sitting position and opened her eyes to be met with a Pokémon she'd never seen before. It stared at her with big, friendly eyes, hovering about a foot off the ground with gently beating red wings. It whined quietly, looking at her very intensely.

"Hello there," Krystal couldn't help but smile at it.

It seemed to smile back; it performed a tiny backflip, then returned to just in front of her, still watching her.

"You're very cute, you know," Krystal cooed, holding a hand out to it. It held out its claw in return, studying Krystal's every move.

"Would you mind helping me?" she asked, sensing that the creature probably knew more about her than she did about it. The creature nodded, then nuzzled into her pocket, knocking a Pokéball onto the ground. With no further prompting from Krystal, it nudged the metal orb with its nose and disappeared inside it. Following suit, Zigzagoon decided that he'd had enough of walking around and whined to be put back into his Pokéball too.

'[i]Ding[/i]'. The Pokédex lit up. "Latias. Eon Pokémon. Latias is highly sensitive to the emotions of people. If it detects any hostility, this Pokémon ruffles the feathers all over its body and cries shrilly to intimidate the foe."

Krystal smiled, put the Pokéballs into whichever pockets she could find room in, and continued into the cave.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Shadow hurtled towards the lake at full pelt, leaping over any branches, plant roots, bushes and small animals he happened to run past. He got down to the lake within a matter seconds, and wasn't even out of breath.

He looked around, and, realising that he wasn't going to find what he was looking for by standing around, decided to take a more hands-on approach.

He leapt high into the air, flipped over and plummeted head-first into the deep water. He swam around, looking for a Vaporeon.

Finally, he saw one. A dog-like Pokemon with the tail of a fish. Shimmering blue scales covered its body. It was a thing of beauty.

Shadow whipped out a Pokeball and swam towards the Vaporeon, Pokeball outstretched. He moved quickly, so fast the Vaporeon barely had time to react. But it did. It dodged out of the way before Shadow could make contact.

So he turned and tried again. This time he got lucky, and slammed the Pokeball into the Vaporeon. It was captured instantly, and Shadow finally surfaced, taking in great lungfuls of air.

He dragged himself out onto the shore, and spat out a mouthful of water weeds. He slipped the Pokeball onto his belt and looked at his now slightly-damp Pokedex.

[b]Con...grA..tulATIons...yOu havvvvvv captureddddd a VVVAAPoreon... [/b]it buzzed. Shadow gave a sheepish grin and dried the thing out on a leaf.

He looked north to a system of caves. He knew that the Jolteon lived within cave networks, so that was his next stop, although the sun was setting, so soon he wouldn't be able to capture an Espeon...
[/size]

[COLOR=#503F86]"You know, this isn't too bad," Krystal mused to nobody in particular as she and Ampharos continued wandering through the networks of caves and tunnels. Ampharos' light was being sustained at a much lower level now- it wasn't blinding, and hopefully not distracting to other [color=#503f86]Pokémon she needed to catch.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Suddenly, Ampharos' light disappeared, plunging the tunnel into darkness.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"Ampharos?" Krystal called, reaching tentatively out for it, unable to see anything. "Ampharos, what happened? Are you all right?"[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]There was no reply. [/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"Damn it!" she hissed, reaching for her Staff. Pulling the shortened stave from her belt, a massive object impacted into her stomach, sending her reeling through the darkness. She felt herself knocking against walls and stalagmites as she flew, but came to an abrupt halt when she slammed into a stone wall.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]She couldn't feel anything. Her head was spinning, she couldn't breathe, and her ears rang. Groaning incoherently, she flailed an arm out to try and bring herself upright. She could feel a liquid dripping down her arm when she moved it and a shooting pain ran down her right side.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"Wh... help," was all she could manage to say.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]One of the Pokéballs burst open.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86][i]What happened?[/i][/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"[i]I don't... know. Something hit...[/i]"[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Mewtwo stared into the darkness and raised an arm.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86][i]You! Savage Pokémon! What do you want?[/i][/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Krystal was vaguely aware of something approaching the two of them in the dark tunnel. It was moving at speed, aggressively.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86][i]Your sister?[/i][/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"[i]I don't kn... know which P... Pokémon it is. Let her out.[/i]"[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86][i]No! You have captured the Pokémon by rights and you shall have this one too. I will subdue it for you.[/i][/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"[i]No... wait...[/i]"[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Another Pokéball burst open- this time Latias materialised in the darkness and flew between Mewtwo and the dark assailant. She could hear high-pitched animal sounds being thrown back and forth; she could only imagine what was going on.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Trying to move her arm was a mistake. An electric jolt of pain enveloped her arm, causing her to yelp in agony. She gritted her teeth and slowly, painstakingly shifted her legs underneath her and tried to raise herself into a sitting position. A nuzzle from her side, and a gentle touch from in front of her helped pull her upright. She swayed quite feverishly, her hands and arms shaking. For some reason, the only thing she could think about was whether she needed to wash her T-shirt when she got back.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]She felt one of the Pokémon nuzzling her, whining softly- Latias. From behind it came another, deeper whine. It sounded very apologetic.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"You're the sister..." she mumbled, half-smiling. She was definitely in shock now. "Ah, I'm sorry."[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]The second Pokémon moved through and began nuzzling her as well.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"Wait, wait," Krystal would have tried moving them away physically, but she still couldn't lift her arms. "Where's Ampharos?"[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]The second Pokémon zoomed away, then arrived back seconds later, carrying a rather dazed-looking Ampharos. In the light, Krystal could see her injuries much more clearly. [/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]She was covered in bruises, scrapes and cuts, and her clothes were pretty well-battered. Thankfully nothing seemed to be broken, but she anticipated she'd be feeling a lot of muscular damage for a while afterwards. Her back hurt too, and it felt something had been dislodged somewhere.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]She could also see the second Pokémon. It was almost exactly the same as Latias, although its main colouring was blue rather than red, and it was slightly bigger. Latias whined at it, and it nudged Krystal's hand with its muzzle, indicating her pocket. She gently reached for a Pokéball and held it out questioningly.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"You... want to come along too?"[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]The second Latias nodded apologetically.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"You could have asked, you know," she sighed, letting her head fall back and hit the cave wall behind her. The Pokémon whined again, then pressed the ball with its nose. It zipped away into the ball, as did Mewtwo, satisfied that the creature was feeling significantly repentant.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]'[i]Ding[/i]'. "Latios. Eon Pokémon. Latios will only open its heart to a trainer with a compassionate spirit. This Pokémon can fly faster than a jet plane by folding its forelegs to minimize air resistance."[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"That explains the strength of the impact, then."[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]The Pokéball burst open again and Latios appeared, facing away from her. She tilted her head, then saw Latias signal for her to climb on. With both Pokémon's help she sat on Latios. And with Ampharos being carried by Latias, the party slowly continued down the tunnel and hopefully towards an exit.[/COLOR][/color]

[b][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Kingler, water Pokemon, [/font][/color][/b][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]announced the Pokedex from Xiaoyu's bag. It had noticed the proximity of the Pokemon before Xiaoyu herself had. [/font][b][font=Trebuchet MS]Its oversized claw is very powerful, but when it's not in battle, the claw just gets in the way.

[/font][/b][font=Trebuchet MS]She spun on her heel to try and spot the creature, but her foot sunk into the sand of the beach, she lost balance and fell flat on her face.

There was a massive crab-claw poised inches from her nose. The thing on the end of it looked ready to overbalance at any second, but that made it none the less menacing.

[b]"Kinglerrrr," [/b]the crab growled.

Whimpering a little, Xiaoyu scrambled in her pack for a Pokeball. As she pulled one out and threw it, the Kingler struck. Her aim was thrown off and the Pokeball went wide; she only just managed to awkwardly roll out of the way of the giant, heavy crushing claw.

There was a flash of red light.

[b]"What?" [/b]Xiaoyu wondered. [b]"I missed..."

[/b]There was a burst of yellow light that forced Xiaoyu to roll over and clamp her eyes shut. When the view from behind her scrunched-up eyelids went from red to black, she opened them and rolled back.

The Kingler was still poised, its claw raised for a crushing blow. But it was blackened and smoking, its beady eyes wide with shock. As she watched in puzzlement, it keeled over and flopped into the sand.

[b]"Pi - ka - CHU!"

[/b]Of course, Xiaoyu realised as she turned her head to take in the immensely satisfied visage of Pikachu, the electric mouse. In her panic, she'd chucked the ball with Pikachu in, and he'd still been fully charged and ready to explode from the lightning storm.

[b]"You can stay out," [/b]she told Pikachu, tickling his chin as she sucked Kingler into an empty ball. [b]"You're cute AND useful!"[/b]
[/font][/color]

[size=1]Shadow felt and electric tingle run through his body as he entered this particular cave. He knew that he was on the right track when he saw a tuft of soft orange fur hanging from a piece of rock that was jutting out.

Excellent, he thought to himself, and crept through the passage. He stopped for a moment, and felt his hair. It had all stuck up more than before, and was tingling with electricity. The energy was massive here.

He crept into a large underground cave, and saw something he couldn't believe. A single Raichu was lighting up the whole cavern with electric lights. It was sat on a rock opposite Shadow, with a metal helmet on. It was being drained of all it's electricity.

He walked slowly up to the Raichu. It looked sick, pale and quite possibly near death. There was a plaque nailed to the wall next to it, which read:

[/size] [center][b][size=1]Please do not remove Raichu from the helmet. His electric energy is enough to power the lighting system in these caves free of charge, so you, the tourists, can spend more time in here.[/size]

[size=1]Thank you,[/size]

[size=1]Safari Zone Manager[/size][/b]
[/center]
[size=1]
[b]"Scumbag,"[/b] growled Shadow, and he unhooked Raichu from the helmet. The lights went out, so Shadow had to grab the torch from his belt to light up the cavern.

He released Blissey from her Pokeball again, and she waddled over to the injured Raichu, and hummed gently to it. It seemed to spring back to life, and Shadow called Blissey back into her Pokeball. He then tapped Raichu lightly with a new Ball and captured him.
[b]
Congratulations. You have captured a Raichu.[/b]

[b]"Thanks for telling me. It's not a Jolteon but it will have to do,"[/b] mumbled Shadow. He followed his torchlight out of the cave, and into the broad daylight. The change in lighting was a shock, but the sun was going down so it would be dark soon.

[b]"Oh, crap,"[/b] said Shadow, [b]"It's almost dark. The Espeon won't be out soon. I have to find one right now!"[/b]

As if in reply to this statement, there was a soft mewing, and Shadow looked down to see a cat-like Pokemon rubbing itself against his leg.

[b]"Hello there,"[/b] he said, a grin lighting up his face, [b]"Espeon, if I'm not much mistaken!"[/b]

He grabbed a Pokeball and dropped it down towards the Espeon, but no sooner had the Pokeball left his hand had the Espeon run away.

[b]"I'll get you, you little..."[/b] muttered Shadow, and he ran after the Espeon...

------[/size]

[SIZE=1]Making her way back down the side of the volcano Lara once again paused to gaze at the treasure she had found during her previous ascent. This time there was no guardian for her to capture so she easily dropped down onto the ledge, crouching in front of the pile. Inspecting the coins and such Lara discovered something else even more interesting. During the chaos of her last visit it seemed that Lara had failed to notice the large cave entrance slightly to the left of the treasure hoard. Moving closer Lara inspected the mouth with cautioun.

[I]This better not lead to the top of this volcano[/I] Lara thought wryly. It would be just like her to discover and easier route to her destination [I]after[/I] said destination had been reached the hard way. Another thing Lara failed to notice was the small shadow creeping its way along the cliff face beside where Lara stood. Prehaps she might have heard the scraping of its claws agaisnt the rock or the sly hiss of its breathing. As it was Lara was suitably shocked when a tremendous shriek tore the air not meters from where she stood. Whirling to face what ever foe had presented itself Lara was immediately met with a face full of teeth, claws and leathery wings.

The creature latched on to Lara's face, sending her stumbling backwards in the cave. Flailing, trying to find any purchace and to remove the thing firmly attatched to her face Lara was unable to stop herself from stumbling. Suddenly met with a steep decline she tumbled backwards, rolling down the rocky passageway. The end of the passageway, rather than ending her swift trip, opened up into a rather large hole in the cave floor, into which Lara promptly fell along with the bat-like creature.

Lara met the ground with a sudden, painful thud. All the air was driven from her lungs and Lara gasped as she dazedly tried to suck in air through the thing on her face. Her pack had come off in the tumble and was now lying beside her. Lara scrambledfor a pokeball only to once again have the contents fly in all directions. falling to her knees she felt a sharp pain at the base of her neck. This was followed by an intense heat and Lara hissed as it started to spread down to the rest of her body. Grabbing at the pokemon on her face she triedly desperately to remove it, but was unable to budge its vice like grip.

Her limbs felt like lead and Lara fell back against the cave wall, unable to remain standing. As a hazy cloud started to encroach her senses an intense flash of red light spread across her vision. When it faded the creature had vanished.

[B]"Hey Lara, I guess this is yours."[/B] The small voice sounded very distant and Lara groggily turned her head to find its owner.

[B]"Kr-stal?"[/B] Lara slurred slightly, falling heavily on her side. The last thing she saw before blissful unconciousness enveloped her was the soft features of her friend peering down at her, the concern evident on her face.

[B]"Lara..." [/B] [/SIZE]

[size=1]Shadow threw himself through bushes trying to grab the Espeon. Cuts lined his body, where he had leapt through thorn bushes. Blood was slowly trickling out of the wounds.

The Espeon ran, slower than Shadow, but far more gracefully, and with much greater agility as well. Shadow was clumsy in comparison, crashing through the bushes as he followed the Espeon.

[b]"Come on," [/b]he said, more to himself than anyone else, [b]"You can catch this thing." [/b]He drew three Pokeballs from his belt and hurled all three in a wide spread, just in front of the Espeon.

One of them caught it's mark, and the Espeon was captured.

[b]Congratulations. You have captured an Espeon.

[/b]Shadow picked up the rattling Pokeball and slotted it onto his belt, and then picked up the two empty ones as well, slotting them onto his belt as well.

He wiped his arms clean of blood, and took a bottle of water from his bag and sloshed it all over himself. He was hot, sweaty, exhausted and injured. He couldn't wait for this challenge to be over.

But now night was falling, and Umbreon called. He picked himself up, willing himself on with power that no man could challenge. He cracked the tendons in his neck, and whispered to himself:

[b]"Umbreon is mine..."[/b]
[/size]

[color=#333333]Mario tossed his newly captured Pokemon's Pokeball up and down into the air. He was pleased with this one, it was hard to capture so he was sure that it had to be one of the Legendaries Mog was talking about.

"Yanma.. the Legendary Bug-a Pokemon." he said to himself. He chuckled and walked on, latching the Pokeball back onto his belt.

[i]Grumble, grumble.[/i]

Mario sheepishly rubbed his stomach and quickly glanced around for something to eat.

Nadda.

He kept on trecking until finally in the distance he made out what looked to be a nice mansion. He ran towards it as fast as he could in hopes of there being food inside. When he made his way to the mansion, he realized it wasn't what he had thought it was.

Everything around the house was old and broken, it was pitch black out and only the full moon gave light. The Mansion itself was rusty and cracked everywhere. At every corner was a spiderweb and it was just all around spooky.

Regardless, Mario was hungry, so he went inside. When he stepped in, the door immediately slammed shut behind him, scaring the bejeebers out of him.

"Oh! Mamma mia.." he said. That's when he heard it.

"[i]OooooOOOoooo....[/i]"

It sounded like a fake ghost trying to scare a child.

"[i]OOooooooo...[/i]"

There it was again. Finally, a faint purple light appeared in front of Mario. He made it out as a floating ball.. with teeth. And eyes.

"Aaha! A ghost-a!" yelped Mario. Quickly he ran towards the door searching for the handle to get out. It wasn't there! He turned around, back against the door. The ghastly figure was coming closer and closer.

Then it hit him. It was a Pokemon! Scrambling for any courage he could find, Mario whipped out his Pokedex and pressed the button.

"Gastly, the gas Pokemon. Gastly is largely composed of gaseous matter. When exposed to a strong wind, the gaseous body quickly dwindles away. Groups of this Pokemon cluster under the eaves of houses to escape the ravages of wind."

Mario picked a Pokeball out of his pack. "Scare-a me why don't ya?!" he yelled just before he chucked the Pokeball at Gastly.

Instantly, Gastly was captured.[/COLOR]

[b][size=1]"Umbreon..." [/size][/b][size=1]said a voice from behind Shadow. The sun had set a few minutes ago, and now night was upon them. He had been searching for the Umbreon, hoping to find it sometime soon.

He whirled around at the sound of the voice, and saw nothing but a rustle in the bushes. He leapt into the bushes, effectively tackling whatever lay behind them.

[b]"Gotcha!" [/b]he shouted, wrestling with the writhing thing that he now had in his powerful grasp. It was odd, you wouldn't think that a little catlike Pokemon would feel so...human?

[b]"Get off me, ya freak," [/b]said a voice. Shadow got to his feet, and saw that he had, in fact, not tackled an Umbreon, but rather he had tackled Crash Bandicoot.

[b]"What the hell are you doing? Did you make the Umbreon noise?" [/b]said Shadow, getting ready for a fight. He would have rolled his sleeves up, if he had any.

[b]"Yeah," [/b]replied Crash with a shrug, [b]"I thought it would be funny. I've never seen you so bloody obssessed with something like you are with these Pokemon, Shadow."

"Well, maybe I've found something that I can concentrate on, rather than listening to your bloody whining all the time!" [/b]shouted Shadow in reply. He stormed past Crash, smacking him to the ground.

[b]"Bloody Bandicoot," [/b]he muttered, and then he tripped over something. He looked back and saw a little black cat. An Umbreon!

[b]"I'm a little bit lucky today," [/b]he said to himself, [b]"I wonder if it's just me or whether these Pokemon can sense something." [/b]He got out a Pokeball and captured the Umbreon. It went without much resistance.

[b]"Yes!" [/b]he said, punching the air, [b]"That's all the Eevee evolutions captured!"

Congratulations. You have captured an Umbreon.

"I know I have!" [/b]he walked off gleefully, a great smile covering his face. He walked straight into something huge and hard, much bigger than him. It didn't feel like wood, though, or fur, so it couldn't be a bear. It felt like a shell of some sort.

[b]"Blastoise..." [/b]boomed a loud, deep voice from above. Shadow looked up and saw a huge, turtle-lke thing with two massive water cannons protruding from its shell.

[b]"Ah..."
[/b][/size]

[COLOR=#503F86]Krystal steadied herself against the cave wall and looked to her [color=#503f86]Pokémon[/color].

"Latios, can you carry her?"

Latios nodded, but flashed Krystal a look of concern for her own body.

Krystal gestured to Latias, who floated closer to them. Ampharos pre-empted her decision by jumping onto the ground- being a [color=#503f86]Pokémon himself, he could recover from their attacks much more easily, so was fit to walk again[/color]. They'd have to move at a slower pace, but with both Lara and Krystal in poor physical condition that was probably not too bad an idea.

The fox took Lara under the arms and slid her onto Latios' back, ignoring the slicing pains in her lower spine. She leant back onto Latias and straddled her back, sitting tall and alert on her flying steed. The damage from the fall notwithstanding, it was just as well Lara fell where she did, otherwise there might have been no-one there to save her...

Some time later, the two adventurers and their escorts had reached the cave's opening. By now the sun had dropped just below the horizon; a red glow hung over the mountsintops in the distance. Lara still hadn't woken up yet. Krystal kept watching her friend to make sure she was still breathing; her bruises looked pretty severe, and her face was covered in tiny lacerations. She wondered whether going back to the CPU would automatically heal them or if they'd have to try and seek an alternate recovery method.

Movement in the grass to their right alerted the [color=#503f86]Pokémon. Ampharos crept back; Latios and Latias slid Krystal and Lara from their backs in preparation, while Krystal readied a Pokéball to catch whatever creature was lurking.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]A red, yellow and orange feathered creature stood to its full height, rearing its head. Sparks of fire flew from its clawed wrists as it drew back, ready to launch into a fierce attack.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Suddenly, it vanished in a flash of red light. A Survivor Pokéball dropped to thr gorund in front of them. Puzzled, Latias and Latios looked back at Krystal.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"I'm not having another bloody fight."[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]In a gesture that looked like a mutual shrug, the two Pokémon dismissed the encounter. Latias hovered over to the ball, picked it up in its mouth and handed it back to Krystal, who gave a small, relieved sigh.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"I hope this challenge ends soon..."[/COLOR][/color]

[size=1]The huge turtle...thing...towered above Shadow, almost twice his own height. He smiled weakly as the huge...thing...looked down at him menacingly.

The two cannons turned to point at him. Now, water wouldn't kill him, but it would hurt. A lot. Something he wanted to avoid, ideally. So he ran around the...thing's...back and leapt onto it, grabbing on to one of the water cannons as they fired. A huge recoil shot through the cannon, almost shaking Shadow off.

But he managed to keep hanging on. Just. He was hanging on by one hand, and managed to draw a Pokeball with the other, slamming it against the cannon. The...thing...was captured, and Shadow smiled for a moment, before realising that nothing was keeping him above ground any more.

He hit the ground hard, a cloud of dust erupting around him. He lay back, clutching the Blastoise-Pokeball in his hand, and suddenly, a series of vines whipped up from the ground and lashed themselves around him. They began to crush the air out of him.

[b]"Venusaur..." [/b]croaked a low voice, and Shadow turned his head, breaking free of some of the vines, to see a great lizard with a massive flower on its back looking at him, vines stretching from its shoulders to wrap around Shadow.

[b]"Oh, you are so dead..." [/b]he exclaimed.
[/size]

[SIZE=1]Lara slowly awakened, and immediately wished that she hadn't. Pain laced every movement and her brain felt like it was made form cotton wool. Looking up with bleary eyes she found that, rather than being sprawled in a rocky cave, which was her last memory of conciousness, she was now surrounded by soft grass. Much more pleasant to lie on.

Attempting to sit up Lara attracted the attention of a large red and white pokemon who nudged her carefully, concerned noises accompanying its motions. Lara attempted to swat the creature away, but her weak actions proved to be futile. Laying back in the grass Lara squinted against the dying sun.

[B]"Kr-stl.." [/B] She mumbled softly, remembering the friend who had saved her. She saw the fox seated a few feet away, seemingly lost in her own tired world. Rolling over onto all fours Lara crawled slowly and painfully in Krystals direction. A small movement came from behind the fox and Lara squinted. Her fuzzy gaze saw only a swiftly moving pink blob creeping up behind the dozing fox.

[B]"Look out.." [/B] Lara tried to warn Krystal but her tired voice was not enough to wake the fox.

When asked later Lara would not be able to remember where she had gotten the pokeball, her pack still lying with the red and white dragon some several meters away. Hurling the pokeball it flew limply, only just conecting with the somewhat occupyed pokemon. The usual flash of red light accompanyed the disappearing pokemon and Lara huffed a small sigh before collapsing against the cool grass.

[B]CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE CAPTURED CHANSEY![/B] Lara's forgotten pokedex chattered from her bag, bringing her back from her revery.

[B]A gentle and kind-hearted pokemon that shares its nutritious eggs if it sees an injured pokemon[/B]

[B]"Oh.."[/B] Lara murmered [B]"thats...useful..."[/B] before once again losing conciousness.[/SIZE]

[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]The sand was cool around Xiaoyu's feet now that night had fallen. She yawned, remembering that she'd been yanked out of bed for this challenge, which had subsequently turned out to be one of the longest yet.

[b]"Pika~aa," [/b]yawned Pikachu from his perch on her shoulder. The static electricity crackling off him was making her hair stand on end, but she'd spent the whole day with bed hair anyway...

[b]"That's weird," [/b]she said, noticing a strange glow illuminating the sea's surface from below. She pointed her Pokedex at the light and moved it around until its sensors located the Pokemon.

[b]Lanturn, water/electric Pokemon. [/b][/font][b][font=Trebuchet MS]The light it emits is so bright that it can illuminate the sea's surface from a depth of over three miles.

"Great, it could be three miles down..." [/font][/b][font=Trebuchet MS]But soon after saying it, Xiaoyu realised the sea couldn't be all that deep this close to the shore. Leaving her shoes on the beach, she went paddling, returning Pikachu to his ball so he wouldn't accidentally electrify the water and fry her.

As she neared the centre of the pool of light she started having to shield her eyes, it was pure white and blinding. She tossed a Survivor Ball underarm towards the brightest part, and was rewarded with a change from white to red, and then a complete fade as the glowing fish was sucked up.

Not wanting to go diving, Xiaoyu took out Kingler's Pokeball and released him. [b]"Get Lanturn's Pokeball and bring it to the beach," [/b]she told the crab sternly, [b]"and no running off or I'll let Pikachu zap you again!"

[/b]The crab's eyes went wide and, satisfied her message had got through, she dropped him into the water, before returning to shore to wait for her new catch.
[/font][/color]

[Color=DarkBlue]The pair of women had been flying over the Zone for over an hour and Ada was getting bored. As the pair flew over the sea, Ada noticed a cove tucked away in the farthest corner. She pointed to it and the pair flew over and landed.

"What do you think is here?" Yuna asked, retuning Pidgeot to his ball.

"No idea, but something good's got to be here, no?" Ada replied, looking around.

She was right as a huge pink thing walked out into the sunlight, its tounge hanging in the sun.

"Licki!" It said, moving sitting itself down.

"I call it!" Ada said, calling Pretty out.

"Puff!" She said, readying her microphone.

"Lickitung!" It replied.

"Jiggly, Jiggly!" Pretty shot back, begining to sing.

Ada looked hopeful and readided her Survivour Ball. She never saw the tounge as it shot across the arena and licked Pretty from head to toe.She cried out and fell over, totally out of it.

"Pretty! Are you OK?" Ada called out as she ran over to her.

"Pu...ff" She responded.

"It'll be OK. You did good." Ada said, bringing her back in her ball.

"You're gonna get it now. Lugia, you're up." Ada said, signalling the huge bird.

Lugia flapped her wings and dropped in front of the Pokemon. It jumped back and tried to lick Lugia, but it only met a barrier. Lugia then opened her mouth and shot off a beam that hit right where the 'mon was standing.

Ada had never seen such wide eyes on a Pokemon before and she took advantage of the shock to toss her ball. It glowed and softened. The Pokedex chirped, as always.

"Lickitung, the Licking POKEMON. This POKEMON's tounge is its most important asset. It is used for just about everything."

[I]"Another one to torture later."[/I] Ada thought as she picked up the ball.

"Shall we go in and see where the Lickitung came from?" Yuna asked, looking into the dark.

"Sure, but let's have someone that glows go in first." Ada said, looking at Yuna.

"Jolteon, could you help us?" Yuna asked, letting the dog like 'mon out of its ball.

"Jolt! Jolteon!" It said shooting off towards the cave.

"Wait!" Ada and Yuna called out, running to keep up.[/color]

[size=1]Shadow struggled as the vines wrapped themselves tighter and tighter around him. They began to squeeze all the air out of him, and he felt his ribs threatening to snap under the pressure.

He managed to wriggle into such a position that his hand was free, so he reached down to his belt and pulled out his gun. He smacked the vines with it, fraying the plant material. He smacked it again and again, finally breaking through them. He flexed his arms and snapped the rest of the vines.

He then jumped to his feet, and hurled his Pokeball at the Venusaur. The Venusaur, not being the most agile Pokemon, didn't have time to move out of the way before the Ball hit it. It was captured immediately.

[b]Congratulations. You have captured a Venusaur.

"You have got to shut up!" [/b]he shouted at his Pokedex, slamming it down onto the ground. Pieces of plastic scattered around the ground.

[b]"Dear God I hope I don't have to pay for that!" [/b]he said, realising that what he had just done was quite stupid. Oh well, not much longer left of this challenge.

[b]"Aero...!" [/b]came a screeching cry from way above Shadow's head. He looked up to see some kind of pterodactyl swooping around him. He wished now that he had his Pokedex so he could see what it was.

It suddenly swooped down, massive serrated jaws going for Shadow's throat. He ducked at the right moment, slamming to the floor.

[b]"Oh, now it's on!"
[/b][/size]

[size=1]Crash brushed himself off, and smirked at the back of Shadow's head. He was now chasing off some Umbreon or something into the dark. The guy was fucking obsessed! At least it was another pokemon for the team though. Lara's earlier confidence had kind of worried Crash. But he was confident that individually, at least, he was winning. He'd captured heaps!

He set off in the opposite direction to Shadow. No use them hogging all the other guy's catches after all. He walked through the low scrub that dotted this part of the Safari Zone, but saw nothing to capture. He heard plenty, but couldn't see so well in the dark. Which was a bit of a problem. Maybe he had a pokemon which could help him.... remembering Suicune's ethereal blue glow, he pulled Suicune's pokeball out and released it. With a cry it burst forth, it's blue glow lighting up the surrounding land for an instant, before settling down. It turned to him questioningly.

"Can you get me out of this lousy spot, and to where I can find some actual pokemon? This place really shuts down at night, and I can barely see a thing. Any suggestions?"

With another cry, it prepared to leap forth, and once again Crash found himself racing through the plains on Suicune's back. It was the oddest experience, much like riding a rollercoaster in pitch black. He could see nothing any more than a few metres away, and that flashed by far too quickly to discern. Crash hoped that Suicune had a destination in mind.

Almost as if in response to this latest thought, Suicune came to a sharp halt. Crash stared around. The landscape was lit by a dim red glow, emerging from cracks in the ground. It appeared to be a barren, stunted landscape devoide of life.

"Good one" said Crash "there is S.F.A here."

Suicune just ignored him, and trotted forward a few paces, before letting out a loud howl. Crash saw motion at one of the cracks, and then, with a roar, a dark shape burst forth. It was on fire, and roared ferociously. It batted a large paw at Suicune, who contemptuously ducked underneath, before leaping to the side. Now the creature's back was half-turned away from Crash, and he began to slip silently towards it. Reaching into his jacket pocket, he withdrew a pokeball. He was sweating profusely from the temperature, and his grip on the ball was tenuous. He couldn't even get close enough to tap it on the pokemon, such was the heat generated by it's blazing fur. So, Crash did the next best thing. Calling forth all his experience at the Cortex Bowling League, he rolled the ball along the ground, and straight into the creature's foot. It turned, with a roar, which was cut off halfway through as it was absorbed into the pokeball.

"Congratulations" chirped Crash's pokedex "You Have Just Captured A Typhlosion. If this fire pokemon's rage peaks, it becomes so hot that anything that touches it will instantly go up in flames."

Crash grinned. Now, [i]this[/i] was another impressive addition to his collection. He began to do his signature victory dance, with Suicune watching amusedly, when a deafening roar echoed thrughout the barren valley. High on a hill, at a cave mouth, was a magnificent figure, silhouetted against harsh flames which rose from the cave behind it. With another roar it turned and ran through the flames, disappearing from sight.

It had looked like a large dog of some sort. "Friend of yours?" Crash asked Suicune, half-jokingly.

Suicune just looked back knowingly.

OOC: Claim Entei[/size]

[color=#333333]As soon as Mario finished listening to his Pokedex's speech on Gastly, he ran out of the Haunted Mansion scared half to death. When he reached outside he found himself in a graveyard. It was almost morning so he decided he would sit tight until the sun came up.

That was a bad idea. It wasn't even 5 minutes before his Pokedex broke the silence. "Duskull, the Requiem Pokemon. Duskull can pass through any wall no matter how thick it may be. Once this Pokemon chooses a target, it will doggedly pursue the intended victim until the break of dawn."

Shaking, Mario put his Pokedex away and slowly stood up.

"Duskull.."

"Wa-wa-wa-wa!" yelped Mario. He almost dropped back to the ground if he hadn't grabbed onto the skull behind him... Uh oh. He turned his head around and looked at the Ghost pokemon floating behind him. It's eyes glowed a bright red in the dark and its face was hidden by the front of a skull. A skull which Mario was holding onto.

He let go and jolted back a few feet. "Wha-wha-what-a do you want...?"

The Duskull advanced on him and Mario bolted away within seconds. The Duskull was hot on his trail and didn't have to worry about jumping over tombstones. Finally Mario haulted and grabbed a Pokeball off of his belt. He chucked it into the air and Gastly appeared with a flash. Mario pointed at Duskull and whispered to the gasious Pokemon.

"Tell-a him to stop..."

Gastly nodded and floated towards Duskull. They started saying their names over and over and eventually Gastly returned himself to Mario's Pokeball. The Duskull approached Mario once again, but stopped a few feet away.

One of Mario's Pokeballs floated out of his back and whipped itself at Duskull, sucking it inside.

"Congratulations! You have captured Duskull!" said Mario's Pokedex. Mario opened his eyes and realized he was no longer in a graveyard. He was now back on the beach. Which it seems where he was the whole time because his footprints were still in the sand. It was all a big illusion.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Shadow leapt at a tree, grabbing on with both hands and shimmying up the tree. He ended up on the very top of the tree. It was a wide-leafed palm tree, so he was alright for balance. He saw the Aerodactyl swooping away from him.

[b]"Come on then," [/b]he snarled, and leapt from tree-top to tree-top, following the beast. A couple of times it swooped and tried to take him out, but he managed to dodge the swoops successfully.

He drew his gun, and fired a shot off in the general direction of the Aerodactyl. The beast fell, indicating the Shadow that he had scored a hit. He leapt down from the tree-tops and hit the ground with a large cloud of dust.

The Aerodactyl was lying on the floor, writhing around, with a large, fist-sized hole in one of it's wings. Shadow jogged over to it and called out Blissey.

She wandered over to the Aerodactyl and cooed gently in its ear. It calmed down, almost falling into a kind of trance. The blood around its wing clotted quickly, and the bleeding stopped.

Shadow dropped a Pokeball on the head of the Aerodactyl, and it was captured. He called Blissey back into her Pokeball.

There wasn't even the sound of the Pokedex any more to congratulate him on his new find, not since he had smashed the thing on the floor...
[/size]

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna and Ada chased after the yellow pokemon?s electric glow and the crackling sound it made because of the ions in it?s fur. Ditto was sitting happily on her shoulder, he enjoyed the adventure he was having with Yuna. Ada and Yuna talked quietly because they didn?t want to scare off any pokemon with their talking.

[B]"Jolt! Jolt!"[/B] they heard coming from further along where Jolteon had headed.

They glanced at each other and took off, winding through the path until they came to where it was sitting, beside a large inside lake. Yuna slowly put her hand in, it was cold and she could feel currents moving within. She pulled her hand out and thought about it.

[B]"I think this lake?s connected to the ocean. It?s constantly cold and there?s currents."[/B] Yuna alerted the other woman.

Ada stepped forward and placed her hand in too, testing it. Soon she extracted her hand and dried it off, agreeing with Yuna. Yuna looked into the depths, trying to see if there were any pokemon living within.

Suddenly a shadow appeared on the surface, and seconds later a creature popped half of itself out of the water, looking at her strangely. It hopped out finally and stood at the edge, it was blue and very much resembled a tadpole with big eyes, pink lips and an anti-clockwise swirl on it?s white belly, with two feet sticking out and a tadpole-like tail.

[B]"Wag, Poliwag!"[/B] it said, bouncing up and down happily.

Yuna smiled and pulled out a metal orb, holding it out.

[B]"Hey there, little guy. Wanna come with us?"[/B]

[B]"Wag! Wag! Poliwag!"[/B] with it?s tail it splashed some water onto Yuna and Ditto from the lake, laughing.

Yuna wiped her face and smiled as the pokemon headbutted the ball, getting sucked in with a cheeky expression on it?s face.

[B]"Poliwag, the water pokemon. It?s newly grown legs prevent it from running. It appears to prefer swimming than trying to stand."[/B] the pokedex chimed.

Yuna put the pokeball away and dried the pink blob off with a giggle.

[B]"Guess the next catch is yours."[/B] Yuna bowed and extended her arm to the side.

[B]"Jolt! Jolt!"[/B] the spiky yellow pokemon cried, pleased with it?s find of an inside lake with pokemon within. It was glad it could be of service in more than one way.[/COLOR]

[color=#333333]Mario sat down on a nearby rock, exhausted from all the running he had done. He took off his hat and whiped the sweat away from his forehead. All around him was sand and water, just behind him was the forest. But no Pokemon were to be seen anymore. He must've scared them all away.

Putting his bag around his back once again, he whipped on his hat and trotted into the forest in hope of finding more Pokemon. Eventually he could no longer see the beach or hear the ocean. He kept on trucking until finally, he [i]had[/i] to sit down because he was so tired.

While looking for a comfortable spot to rest his buttox, Mario found a small hole in the ground. Mario inched towards it curiously. Just than, a small furry head poked out and looked around. It glanced at Mario and quickly darted back into the hole.

Mario stomped his foot on the hole and within seconds it was now big enough for him to crawl through. Everything was dusty, but he could see his prey a few feet in front. It was nearly impossible to tell where it's long tail started and where it ended. Mario dived forward in the little tunnel and managed to grapple the tail.

"Ah hah!" he yelled with glee. Realizing his Pokeballs were still outside, he slowly made his way out of the tunnel by crawling backwards only using one arm. Finally he made it out with the Pokemon. Woah! This Pokemon was skinny and furry but it was [i]long[/i]. At least 5'11" in length.

Mario tossed an empty Pokeball at the smapering scoundrel and watched it get sucked inside. 'Ping'

"Congratulations! You have capture Furret. Furret's data was added to the Pokedex. Furret has a very slim build. When under attack, it can slickly squirm through narrow spaces and get away. In spite of its short limbs, this Pokemon is very nimble and fleet."

Mario belted his Pokeball and threw his pack over his shoulder once again, eagerly searching for more Pokemon.[/COLOR]