OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! <PG>

Sandy

[size=1]Fumbling around in the grass again, Shadow tripped over something that looked like an overgrown plant. He got to his feet and looked at it, and, seeing that it wasn't an overgrown plant, and in fact it was a Pokemon, he drew a Pokeball and his Pokedex from his belt.

[b]Bayleef. A grass Pokemon, the evolved form of Chikorita. The "necklace" of Bayleef produces a burning scent to stun its opponent. For some reason, this fragrance makes people want to fight.

[/b]Shadow sniffed the air around him. There was a kind of spicy scent hanging in the air. He breathed it in, as it was quite pleasant. He smiled, but then something clicked over in his brain. He looked down at the little plant-Pokemon, and for some reason, he wanted to beat the living hell out of it.

He lunged at it, but it dodged quickly out of the way.

[b]"Quick little thing, aren't you?" [/b]he snarled, drawing his gun. He fired three times at the little thing, but it dodged every shot. He lashed out with a foot and kicked it in the body, sending it crashing to the ground.

Suddenly, the spicy scent faded, and Shadow looked down. Why had he just beaten that little thing? Why didn't he just capture it? He was so stupid.

He picked a Pokeball from his belt and knelt down next to the Bayleef. He touched it lightly with the ball, and it was captured.

[b]Congratulations. You have captured a Bayleef.

"Isn't there any way I can turn that thing off?" [/b]he said, getting annoyed at the mechanical voice.
[/size]

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna sat on the lush green grass beside a river, she leaned over the path of water and scooped some up in her cupped hands, she gasped as she splashed it onto her face, cooling her down and washing away the sweat that left her skin sticky. She repeated it a few more times before she got up and wiped her face on her arm bands to dry it.

Yuna wondered if there were any pokemon in the area, she saw a red flash beneath the surface but it disappeared as soon as fast as it had appeared. She walked up and down the river, looking for the red flash. She turned and started walking away from the river when she heard a splash as something broke the surface.

Yuna pulled out one of her pokeballs to be ready and whirled around, seeing a fish that looked like a red carp flounder out of the water and flap in the air, twisting and turning before it hit the bank, flapping weakly.

[B]"Ma-magikarp-karp."[/B] it gasped.

Yuna ran up close to it and tried to pick it up but it was slippery and kept moving. She wanted to save the creature, afraid it, like normal fish, would die if it stayed out of water for a long period of time. She then looked at the pokeball held in her hand, she tapped it against his scales and the ball opened, allowing the red light entrance. There was a 'ping' from the ball, confirming her capture, and the echoing 'ping' from her pokedex.
[B]
"Magikarp, the water pokemon. In the distant past, it was somewhat stronger than the horribly weak descendants that exist today. Famous for being very unreliable, it can be found swimming in seas, lakes, rivers and shallow puddles. It may jump high on rare occasions, but never more than seven feet. For no reason, it jumps and splashes about, making it easy for predators like Pidgeotto to catch it in mid-jump. This weak and pathetic pokemon gets easily pushed along rivers when there are strong currents."[/B] the machine chimed.

Yuna sweatdropped and glanced sideways at the pokeball, on all accounts it sounded like a pathetic pokemon to have, and it definitely looked that way earlier when it was floundering weakly on the bank. She shrugged, a pokemon was a pokemon, and it still counted. Yuna tapped the button, shrinking the ball down before she tucked it into her backpack with the other ball that held a captured pokemon.

Yuna walked away from the river, looking for another area, or maybe even another section of the river.[/COLOR]

[color=#503f86]The dry, golden grasses of the svaannah area had all but disappeared now, and almost seamlessly Krystal found herself on sloped, hilly terrain covered in pine trees. With two Pokemon now under her belt, she was feeling confident about the next numbers she could capture.

The trees were surprisingly still- she couldn't feel any wind at all. There were noises, though. Cries of strange creatures calling out their names, the occasional yell of another Survivor... there had to be something worthwhile nearby.

She froze as she noticed a lump of colour in a clearing up ahead. It was mostly white, with zig-zagging streaks of red fur running down its back and belly. She hoped it was asleep.

Not wanting to take any chances, Krystal took out a [color=#503f86]Pokéball[/color] and lobbed it as hard and fast as she could at the soporific monster. The [color=#503f86]ball[/color] landed just by its head; its ears twitched in its sleep as it subconsciously felt its presence.

With furtive movements Krystal began moving towards it to try and retrieve her [color=#503f86]Pokéball, and hopefully catch the creature.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"Pitcher, I aint," she muttered brushing past a low pine branch.[/color]

[color=#503f86]The creature's quiet snores grew more noticeable as she crept closer. It was quite sweet for a sleeping lump of fur. Quietly, she reached round and picked up the wayward Pokéball, ready todrop it onto the unsuspecting monster.[/color]

[color=#503f86][i]'Ding'[/i]. "Zangoose. Cat Ferret Pokémon. Zangoose usually-"[/color]

[color=#503f86]The creature yawned, prising open its eyes. Quick as a flash, krystal flicked the ball at it, hitting it squarely between the eyes before it even knew what was happening. It dissolved inside the Pokéball which closed with a satusfying 'click'.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"...but when angered, gets up on its hind legs and extends its claws. This Pokémon shares a bitter rivalry with Seaviper that dates back over generations."[/color]

[color=#503f86]Krystal shrugged. "Better not catch a Seaviper, then."[/color][/color]

[Color=DarkSlateGrey]Ada could only smile. Anything was better than a graveyard and the field she was currently standing in only improved her mood. The wind on her back made her sigh as she held a Contest Ball in her hand.

The win blew and caused the grass to bend. Everything was peaceful. Ada sighed and wished she could enjoy it longer. A rustle in the grass caused Ada to turn around. There, a small fluff ball with a microphone was trying to sneak up on her.

?So, what?s your name?? Ada asked, not knowing how smart these ?Pokemon? were.

?Jiggly,Jiggly, Jigglypuff.? It responded, smiling at Ada.

[I]?Aww, how cute!?[/I] Ada thought as she tossed the ball towards the thing.

The ball softly tapped the puffball on the head and it disappeared in a red beam. The ball fell to the ground rolled twice. The red light in the middle faded and a weird voice in Ada?s backpack chirped, ?Jigglypuff, the Balloon Pokemon, when this Pokemon?s eye light up, be aware it?s about to sing and anyone that hears this song will fall into a deep sleep.?

?Wow, good thing you didn?t sing.? Ada said to the ball as she stuck it in her backpack.

She began to walk, but an idea came upon her. Ada grabbed some cotton-like substance that was growing and split it in half. She then released Jigglypuff.

?How about you an I work together?? Ada said, smiling.

?Jiggly, Jiggly, Puff, Jigglypuff!? It said, smiling at Ada.

[I]?Teamwork?s the way to go.?[/I] Ada thought.[/color]

[COLOR=#503F86]Krystal hadn't wandered far before she came across another lump of fur sitting in the forest. Although there were several major differences:

Firstly, she hadn't seen it, she'd fallen over it.

Secondly, this creature was brown and beige, fluffy, noisy and most definitely NOT asleep.

It also wanted to play.

Krystal chucked her [color=#503f86]Pokéball[/color]l at it for the third time; the creature nimbly bounced around its path and chased after it, rolling around in the ferns, kicking it from foot to foot and barking with excitement.

She felt like crying.

"How can you not have activated it yet?" she moaned as the raccoon-dog skidded to her feet and dropped the [color=#503f86]slobber-covered Pokéball on the ground. She grimaced and flicked some of the excess dribble from it; the 'mon watching it intently with tongue and ears twitching in anticipation. She half-wondered if the other Pokémon would help her out, but so far she'd captured a sleeping lump, a genetic experiment with no compassion and a psychopathic mantis-lizard. And people collected these things?[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]She gave the monster a look of exasperation, then straightened herself.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"Sit," she commanded, pointing at the ground behind it.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]She couldn't tell, but it looked like it grinned at her.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"Sit!" she barked, this time more authoritatively. A little startled (but still looking very excited), it sat down, still staring at the ball. Its tail flopped briskly from one side to the other.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]She knelt down to face it. "I don't care how cute you are, but I need you to just [i]get inside this Pokéball[/i]. Alright?"[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]It tilted its head. For a brief moment its tongue receeded.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"Zigzagoon!" it barked.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"Oh, stuff it." Krystal pressed the slobber-coated Pokéball against the creature's chest and it disappeared in a flash of red light.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86][i]'Ding'[/i]. "Zigzagoon. Tiny Raccoon Pokémon. Zigzagoon restlessly wanders everywhere at all times. This Pokémon does so because it is very curious. It becomes interested in everything it happens to see."[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"I'd never have gue-"[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Suddenly, the Pokéball burst open and Zigzagoon appeared in front of her, giving her a quizzical look before walking leisurely deeper into the forest.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"He-hey! I caught you, right?" she called after it.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]The Zigzagoon grinned again, nodded, then began a meandering zig-zagging path not more than a few feet away from where Krystal was walking, snuffling its nose along the ground and barking if it saw anything of interest... which turned out to be pretty much everything.[/COLOR][/color]

[Color=DarkBlue]Jigglypuff was turning out to be a very social little thing. Ada was slowly beginning to understand the puffball and she seemed to smiling the entire time. It seemed like Jigglypuff wanted to see the world outside of the Safari Zone, but could never actually leave the place.

Any other time, Ada would have thought herself crazy for even thinking about understanding what she was saying, but after all that she had done so far, it was just a pro of the contest. She seemed to meet new people every new challenge. Whether it be suicidal mini-furry things, or spoiled princesses, Ada could always expect something new.

?So, Jigglypuff, you have a name besides Jigglypuff?? Ada asked.

Jigglypuff shook her head and responded, ?Jiggly, Puff!?

Ada noticed Jigglypuff pointing at her, so she figured she was going to have to name her. ?So I have to name you??

?Jigglypuff! Jiggly Jiggly!? She cried, smiling.

?Hmm, how about?Puffy?? Ada asked, rubbing her chin.

?Jiggly, puffpuff.? Jigglypuff said, her eyes seeming sad.

?No? Hmm, I?ve got it! Pretty!? Ada said yelled out, causing a flock of Pidgey to fly away from the area they were nesting.

Pretty cried out happily too and smiled brightly. Ada grabbed Pretty up in her arms and hugged her. For a second, the thought, [I]?What am I doing??[/I] entered Ada?s mind, but Pretty?s soft body kicked those thoughts away.

Neither one of the pair noticed a cloud settle itself upon Ada?s head and it wasn?t until they started walking again that Pretty noticed it. She called out and Ada looked up, causing the cloud to flap. Ada gasped and pulled out another Safari Ball.

She tossed it upwards and Pretty smiled as it hit the target, engulfing it in the red laser beam. The ball fell into Ada?s hands as the red light went out. The same voice from earlier chirped out, ?Swablu, Cotton Bird Pokemon, this Pokemon is not afraid of people and is known to land on people?s head in an effort to become headgear. It is also known to have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.?

Ada did not know what to make of the last line, but she and Pretty shared a smile together none the less. ?Hey, two down, a whole lot more to go.?

?Jigglypuff, Puff!? Pretty said, throwing her microphone up in the air and catching it.

?Hmm, wonder if we?ll see anyone else from the Iron Fist or Golden Lotus?? Ada asked looking into the horizon.[/color]

[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Reading through the Pokedex had given Xiaoyu a much better idea of what to do, but she'd had her head buried in it so much, looking at pictures of Pokemon, that she hadn't really been alert to her surroundings. She reckoned she'd probably walked straight past a fair few creatures.

The air seemed to be getting heavy, like there was a storm about to break. Little blue sparks played across the screen of the Pokedex. She stuffed it back in her bag so it wouldn't shock her.

The long grass ended abruptly, giving way to a low, moss-covered hill. Sitting on the hill's lower slope was a little yellow Pokemon, with adorable red cheeks and a tail that looked like a ...

... lightning bolt ...

From her pack, the Pokedex bleeped. She craned her head back to listen, not wanting to touch it in this atmosphere.

[b]Pikachu, electric Pokemon. [/b][/font][/color][font=Trebuchet MS][color=Purple][b]It raises its tail to check its surroundings. The tail is sometimes struck by lightning in this pose.[/b][/color][/font]
[b][font=Trebuchet MS][color=Purple]
[/color][/font][/b][font=Trebuchet MS][color=Purple]The sky was darkening and fat electrical sparks were flashing between the clouds. The Pikachu noticed her and sat up on its haunches, its tail raised like a lightning rod.

[/color][/font][font=Trebuchet MS][color=Purple][b]"No, be careful ... !" [/b]Xiaoyu yelled to the cute creature, dashing forward with a Pokeball at the ready. The clouds swirled above, energy gathering to strike the Pikachu, as Xiaoyu thumbed the button and pitched the ball overarm ...

The lightning and the ball struck simultaneously. The Pikachu's cheeks swelled up as the bolt charged it up through its tail, and then it glowed red and flashed into the ball.

Picking up the ball, Xiaoyu mused, [b]"better not get too close when I let you out..."[/b]
[/color][/font]

[color=#333333]Mario cautiously approached the large blue bird that seemed to not have noticed his presence. It lifted it's right wing and slowly started pecking at the inside, seemingly cleaning itself.

Mario stumbled and fell flat in the snowy surface. The bird quickly looked up and glared at Mario. Reaching for his Pokedex, Mario paniced and dropped it. He scrambled to pick it up. The bird was flying away.

"Articuno, the Legendary Bird Pokemon. Articuno is a legendary bird Pokemon that can control ice. The flapping of its wings chills the air. As a result, it is said that when this Pokemon flies, snow will fall." the now annoying device stated.

Mario felt a sudden chill and realized that Articuno was taking off. He dashed towards it in a hurry and managed to jump on it's back before it took off at an amazing speed.

"Articuno!" it yelled at him. It tried pecking him but all it did was hurt itself.

"I'm-a sorry, gentle bird. But I-a have to capture you." said Mario. He dipped his hand into his backpack and pulled out a Pokeball. Tapping it on the bird's back, there was a large flash of red and it was instantly sucked inside.

Mario quickly realized his mistake and started falling down, down, down towards what he couldn't see because it seemed to be night time there.

*[i]thump[/i]*

"Congraatula-tions. You have captUUURED an ARTICun...!"

Mario scrambled to his feet and looked around him. For the most part, it was dark but he could still make out some rocky cliffs. And he was definitely on grass.

He looked around for the Pokeball to make sure it was all in one piece. He found it not 5 feet away from where he landed and slipped in onto his belt. He than carefully took his Pokedex out of his pocket. It wasn't in [i]very[/i] bad condition. Just.. needed some time out.

He turned it off and sat down letting out a long drawn-out sigh.

"Mamma mia..."[/COLOR]

[size=1]Crash headed towards yet another forested area which bordered the field he had captured Suicune in. The trees here were much more spread out, and there was little to no ground cover. Indeed, there forest floor was bereft of bushes or saplings. There were a few straggly bushes, but they weren't looking too healthy. In fact, it definitely looked as though they'd been half-eaten, before the eater decided that they weren't really all that nice.

'At least the creature is probably a herbivore', Crash thought. Hoped. Whatever. Just then, a loud echoing roar echoed throughout the forest. Crash spun around, but couldn't see anything anywhere. There was nothing to see, unless it was hiding behind that small hill further in there, which was the only feature in this empty forest.

The roar came again, but Crash choked down his worries, and with a pokeball in each white-knuckled fist, he crept bravely towards the hill.

The roar came for a third time, and it was then that Crash realised that there was a pattern of sorts.... like it wasn't actually roaring so much as.... snoring?

It wasn't until Crash got closer to the hill, which was dim and difficult to make out in the darkness of the forest, that he realised it wasn't a hill. More of a.... pokemon. A big one, whose snores sent vibrations throughout the entire forest. Creeping around to it's front, Crash returned one of the pokeballs to his jacket, and flipped open his Pokedex.

"Snorlax: This pokemon is very lazy, just eating and sleeping. As its rotund bulk builds, it becomes steadily more slothful."

At the loud voice of the Pokedex, the Snorlax opened one massive eye.

"Snor... lax" it grunted with some difficulty, before rolling over the other way.

Crash fell to the ground, unbalanced by the shaking. Getting back to his feet, he walked up to the back of the sleeping pokemon, and held the ball against it. The red glow was slower to spread, but with another slurping noise, Crash was onto his eighth pokemon.

"Congratulations." intoned his pokedex, preparing to repeat the description it had given earlier.

"Oh, shut up" said Crash, stuffing it into the depths of his jacket pocket.[/size]

[SIZE=1]Lara stood motionless, her eyes never leaving the giant bear that stood before her. Its teeth were bared in a grizzly snarl and its snorted breath clouded the air before it.

Cocking the hammer on her pistol with a small click, Lara took a slow step back. Training the her weapon on the beast Lara reached into her backpack. Before she could grasp anything however, the bear lunged forward onto all four paws and charged towards her, its roar deafening to her ears. Lara squeezed the trigger, letting of two shots before she had to roll out of the way. The bullets missed their target and the bear skidded to a halt near a tree and started to turn around.

Cursing Lara wrenched the pack from her shoulders and dumped the contents on the ground. Balls scattered everywhere. Lara grasped at the closest item to hand, a flare. Clenching her teeth Lara's head flew up as she heard the sound of thundering paws as the bear charged again. Lighting the flare Lara got to her feet. The coloured fire of the flare gave the bear an almost demonic visage and it seemed undeterred by the mere flame.

Lara stood her ground as the animal bore down on her, gripping the flare and her pistol so hard her knuckles showed white. The bear reared up, ready to strike, its jaws open wide in a chilling roar. Lara bared her teeth in a feral smile.

[B]"Okay Paddy, lets see how you like this!"[/B] She leapt forwards, narrowling missing the swipe of the beasts claws to jam the flare into its dripping maw. Flailing in pain and surprise the bear batted Lara away with its massive paws, sending her sprawling to the ground. Reaching behind her blindly Lara almost laughed as her fingers closed around one of her discarded pokeballs. Lobbing the ball forward it connected with the bear's back, causing it to open and egulf the pokemon and capture it.

The bear vanished and the silence that followed was thundering, broken only by heavey panted breathing and two lowly uttered words.

[B]"Bloody...hell..."[/B] [/SIZE]

[size=1]Crash had just turned around to head back towards the field he had come from, when something moved in the corner of his eye. Turning around, he saw nothing in the depressingly silent forest. He shrugged it off as the playing of his imagination, but as he resumed his walk towards the field, he once again caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eye. Spinning with lightning speed and reflexes, he saw what appeared to be a green bug thing disappearing behind a tree.

Pokeball in hand, Crash crept silently towards the tree trunk. Jumping around the tree, he yelled triumphantly, and threw his pokeball at the pokemon which was frozen with fear...

Crash blinked dumbly as he realised he had just thrown his pokeball at a pinecone. Where the hell had the creature he had seen scuttling behind the tree gone? He bent over to grab his pokeball, but as he stood back up, he felt a soft breeze on the back of his neck. Turning around slowly, he came face to face with a horrible green and black monster head! Crash yelped, and the head disappeared into the branches of the tree, whizzing up like it was on a fishing line.

Crash's heart was hammering in his chest as he resolutely dug his fingers into the narrow cevices of the pine tree. With a strong leap he pushed upwards, and grabbed hold of the lowest branch on the tree, which was still a good five metres form the ground. Pulling himself up, he continued to leap higher and higher into the tree, his right hand never straying too far from the pocket of his jacket, where he had two or three balls ready for fast release.

Around halfway up the tree, Crash came upon the terrible 'monster head' he had seen on the ground. It was no monster, but the markings on the back of a small green spider creature. Small being a relative term, the creature being larger than Crash's foot, but certainly not as scary as Crash had feared. It scuttled warily closer, and Crash slowly reached into his pocket, withdrawing a pokeball. Without so much as daring to breathe he crouched slowly down, and extended his hand with the pokeball in it. As the creature came closer and closer, Crash dared a quiet breath.

The red glow covered the pokemon, and it was sucked into the ball.

"Congratulations" intoned his pokedex, "You Have Just Captured A Spinarak. This spider pokemon spins a web using fine, but durable, thread. It then waits patiently for prey to be trapped. It's evolved form is Ariados, a much larger and more aggressive pokemon."

Crash wiped his brow with the back of his hand. Thankfully he hadn't come across this Ariados thing!

His relieved grin disappeared as behind him a soft rustling was heard.

OOC: Claim Ariados for next post.[/size]

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna followed the river, hoping to find another section with more pokemon to catch. She wondered how the rest of her team and the other team was going. A pokeball was gripped in her right hand, ready to throw it at a pokemon if it appeared.

She came to a section where there was a single rock sitting in the middle of the flow, she watched it to see if anything would appear, and a yellowish duck pulled itself onto it from the back and sat on the rock, his hands to his head.

Yuna grinned moved up to the edge of the river. The duck cocked it's head to the side curiously watching her while still keeping it's hands on it's head.

[B]"Wanna come with me, Ducky?"[/B] Yuna asked, holding up the pokeball.

[B]"Psy-duck?"[/B]

It got up and splashed into the water, coming up onto the bank that Yuna was on. It got closer and looked at the ball before he tapped the button with his beak, getting sucked in.

[B]"Psyduck, the water pokemon. It has mystical powers but doesn't recall that it has used them. That is why it always looks puzzled."[/B]

Yuna sweatdropped again, her last two captures had been pathetic pokemon. She hoped her luck would change so she could get something better.

Yuna looked into the river to see if there were any more pokemon in the area, she was about to leave when she saw something blue shimmer below the surface. She put the ball with the Psyduck in it away and brought out another empty one. It had looked like a serpent of some kind.[/COLOR]

[B]OOC:[/B] Claim Dratini for next post.

[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Xiaoyu cartwheeled left, the wind from the bull-like Pokemon's charge rippling her silk dress. For such a large creature it seemed able to turn remarkably quickly, and she was having trouble avoiding its scarily pointy horns.

[b]"Uwaa~ah!" [/b]she wailed as it readied itself for a another charge, pawing the ground and whipping itself with its three tails. Her Pokedex kept bleeping stuff at her - she'd caught the words [b]furious [/b]and [b]violent, [/b]but everything else was drowned out by the thing's angry snorting. It was all she could do to avoid its charges; there was no question of capturing it unless she came up with some kind of distraction.

[b]"... ears!"

[/b]There was a familiar voice shouting at her, but the Pokemon's thudding hooves were muffling it.

[b]"... Xiaoyu! COVER YOUR EARS!"

[/b]Somehow Xiaoyu managed to execute a side tumble with her hands over her ears; the bull passed her by, but she landed awkwardly. She wouldn't be able to get up in time to avoid it again ...

She saw the bull Pokemon turn for another charge, but its movement was sluggish, and its tails seemed less enthusiastic in their whipping. As she watched, incredulous, its eyes rolled up into its head and it fell over, fast asleep.

Rolling over, she saw Ada cuddling a little pink ball with a microphone. The woman gestured for Xiaoyu to uncover her ears.

[b]"Quick, capture it before it wakes up!" [/b]Ada called. Xiaoyu did so, scrambling for a Pokeball and chucking it at the sleeping Pokemon before running over and vigorously glomping Ada.

[b]"Ada~aa! I was getting lonely," [/b]the small girl grinned.
[/font][/color]

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna knelt at the water's edge, looking into the depths of the river for a trace of the elusive blue serpent. Her eyes darted back and forth across the surface, she sighed and placed her hand into the cool water, waving it around lazily, just resting.

A head popped out and looked at her strangely. Yuna turned slowly to look at it and didn't make any movements to scare the creature. She picked her hand up out of the water and held it forward to pet it. The serpent moved forward and it's head connected with her palm. Yuna grinned, it looked so innocent and cute with it's big black eyes, large white nose, little white dot on it's forehead and white fins which framed it's face.

It wriggled and slipped out above the surface barely making a ripple, as it floated mystically in the air. Yuna leaned forward and tossed her pokeball gently, it bumped against it's body. The serpent let out a cry of some sort as it was absorbed into the pokeball.

Yuna's eyes widened as the ball fell into the river and was on the verge of being washed away. Perplexed she splashed in, following the current to chase after the ball.
[B]
"Dratini, the dragon pokemon. Long considered a mythical pokemon until recently when a small colony was found living underwater."[/B]

[B]"Not now!"[/B] Yuna yelled acting as if shouting at the pokedex would stop it filling her in on what she had caught.

Yuna saw the pokeball was stuck in a sunken area and bent down to pick it up. She was all wet now, but at least she had her pokeball. She pulled herself out of the water and made two dress sphere changes, one to Thief, and the second back to Gunner, which resulted in her being completely dry. She dried off the pokeball and shrank it down, tucking it away with the other two. Yuna decided to walk away from the river for now and went looking for other, special pokemon, and hopefully she'd find someone to accompany her because it was getting lonely. She also hoped to find a useful pokemon.[/COLOR]

[color=#333333]Mario sat down and twiddled his thumbs for a bit. He didn't like the dark, and although it was a full moon, it was still fairly black out. He was just about to leave when he heard a faint cry.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaah!" it said.

Mario quickly looked around and saw nothing. He started running towards the sound.

"Waa-hahah... waah..." the voice cried out again. It sounded like a little girl weeping after her lillipop was stolen.

"Hello-a? Is there-a anybody there?" Mario asked. Nobody answered... except for the frustrated stranger who was balling their eyes out. "Helloooo-a?"

"[size=3]Waaaaaah![/size]"

The sound was getting louder and louder until finally Mario saw what was making all the commotion. It was a short orange lizard with two spikes on it's back. Covering it's face was a large bone skull and in its right hand the Pokemon held a marrow club.

The Pokemon looked at Mario with wide tear-filled eyes. "Cubooone..." it screeched. The lizard ran up to Mario and hugged his leg, crying. Mario turned on his Pokedex and pointed it at the skull-faced creature.

"Cubone, the lonely Pokemon. Because it never removes its skull helmet, no one has ever seen this Pokemon's real face. Cubone pines for the mother it will never see again. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull the Pokemon wears are made by the tears it sheds."

Mario wiped a small tear that had formed in his eye from all the depressing thoughts and pulled out a Pokeball. He kneeled down and the Cubone looked up at him.

"Come-a here.. you'll be happier inside." he said as he tapped the sphere on Cubone's skull. Instantly, the Pokemon was sucked inside and the weeping could be heard no more.

"Congratulations! You have just captured a [B]Cubone[/B]."[/COLOR]

Samus' boots clinked against a rock in her path as she started up the slopes of the mountain's foothills. Glancing about, searching for anything of interest with her scan visor, she wondered what type of Pokémon would inhabit a rocky and barren environment. [i]Maybe I would've had better luck down in the forests,[/i] she thought. Pausing for a moment, she turned around and rested her foot on rock while looking back down at the green treetops.

Apparently out of nowhere, something spoke. "Dude!"

Startled, Samus looked around, searching for the voice.

"Geo! Dude, dude!"

Looking down, Samus discovered the rock her foot was on had inexplicably sprouted arms and was grasping her ankle. She pointed her arm cannon at it reflexively -- just before it pulled her forward, then heaved her backwards into the air. Wincing as her short flight concluded with her back hiting a boulder, Samus took aim at the rock. She could now see it also had eyes and a mouth, and looked to have an angry expression on its face. But it wasn't advancing.

Morphology: #47 Geodude
Found in fields and mountains. Mistaking them for boulders, people often step or trip on them.
Keeping her arm cannon raised, Samus flipped over to her scan visor. . . . She read over the information, then smiled wryly behind her visor. [i]You don't say.[/i] She pulled out another Pokéball and threw it, the Geodude disappearing into the device in a flash of red light.

Samus grimaced and put a hand to her sore back as she bent down to retrieve the ball. Stowing it away with the one containing Paras, she made a mental note to not step on any more rocks as she continued on her way.

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna shifted her backpack into a more comfortable position, she was walking across a large grassy plain, she could see something moving in the distance but it was too far to throw a pokeball from where she was.

Yuna took a step and felt the ground was different, and it squeaked.

[B]"Di-tto."[/B] it muffled.

Yuna jumped backwards in surprise and looked down, she saw a pinky purplish puddle. She smiled and knelt beside it, prodding it gently. It jiggled a little like jelly before emitting the same sound.

She was shocked when the puddle rose up and took form, though not a solid form. It had parts that looked like arms and black dots and a black line for eyes and a mouth.

[B]"Di-tto!"[/B] it called as it started to glow.

Yuna stared at it to see what would happen, and soon she found out. It grew larger and slowly took a shape, when the light disappeared, Yuna's eyes widened. It looked just like her, exactly the same.

[B]"Di-tto!"[/B] it grinned as it pulled out her guns and fired a few shots.

Yuna quickly rolled to the side and got up under it, twisting the guns out of it's grip. She whipped a pokeball out and tapped it against her copied self. The fake Yuna looked sad and glowed as it returned to it's blob form before being sucked into the pokeball.

[B]"Ditto, the normal pokemon. When it spots an enemy, its body transfigures into a perfect copy of its opponent."[/B]

Yuna cheered, she had finally found a useful pokemon. She released Ditto into her arms and put him on her shoulder.

[B]"No transforming unless I tell you to."[/B] she told him.

[B]"Di-tto."[/B] he said with a nod.

Yuna walked on across the plain, heading toward where she had seen something moving. As she got closer, she could make out a dog-like form, it was small and grey, and rather cute looking.[/COLOR]

[B]OOC:[/B] Claim Poochyena for next post.

[color=#333333]Mario clapped his Pokedex shut and stuffed it in his front overall pocket. As he walked along, night quickly turned to day and everything was fresh and green. He spotted some berried and started nipping at them, tasted like strawberries and blueberries mixed into one hard fruit.

He went onto the next bush. It was an odd shape. It was a long curved beige coloured branch that stuck out of some other bushes with apple-sized green spheres on the end. He was about to rip one off when it wiggled... then stopped. He was about to touch it again when it shook for a second time!

"What-a the.." he said. This seemed to startle the bush and a creature shot up from it and faced Mario, the branch turned out to be its tail. The Pokemon was about 3'11" tall and was green and beige everywhere except it's arms... because it had none that were visible.

"Bra-lume~?" it said curiously, tilting its head inward towards Mario's face. Mario went to grab his Pokedex... but he couldn't. What was wrong? He couldn't move!

"Mamma--!" yelped the confused Mario. He was Paralyzed. The Breloom slowly started walking away from Mario. But it stopped about 4 feet away to nip at something that was sitting on the grassy ground. That's when Mario was finally able to move and he snatched a Pokeball from his backpack and threw it at the Shroomish looking Pokemon.

In no time at all, the Breloom was safe inside a Pokeball in Mario's palm.

"Congratulations!" chimed in Mario's Pokedex, right on que. "You have Captured a Breloom. New Entry! Breloom, the Mushroom Pokemon. The seeds ringing Breloom's tail are made of hardened toxic spores. It is horrible to eat the seeds, just taking a bite of this Pokemon's seed will cause your stomach to rumble. When encountering this Pokemon, there is a 10% chance of being Paralyzed."

So, he was paralyzed. That explained a lot, it must've happened when Breloom had shaken it's seeds at Mario and let off a spore that he swallowed.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Crash backed away, heading further out onto the branch as the large red spider advanced menacingly towards him. He was terribly conscious of the increased spring in the branch the further out he got, but had had no choice. What did he have that could save him now?

Experience, that's what. He quickly ripped a pine-cone from a branch hanging near his head, and threw it at the spider. It chittered, and leapt forward, to the spot where he had been mere moments before. But Crash had already dropped down, landing on the branch several metres underneath. He ran back towards the trunk, and continued to climb down the tree, only seconds ahead of the enraged Ariados.

Unfortunately, Crash slipped on loose bark, and with a shrill yelp of surprise he fell through the air, clawing for a handhold of any sort.

None came to hand.

He hit the ground, a fall of perhaps ten metres, and lay there unmoving. With a near silent rustle he heard the giant spider land in front of him, and approach. As he felt a soft touch on the backs of his legs he rolled over, and reached out with a pokeball on his fist. A red glow enveloped the Ariados, and it was sucked into the pokeball.

And as Crash went to stand up, he realised that the single 'soft touch' on the backs of his legs had been the Ariados tying him up with it's silk. He was almost completely covered up to his waist.

He lay back down on the ground.

"Help!?! Anyone?!?"[/size]

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna walked the rest of the distance and got closer to the dog-like pokemon. She 'aww-ed' at it because it was so cute. Suddenly it lunged forward trying to bite her. Yuna pulled away quickly and in the process dislodged Ditto from her shoulder. He hit the ground and looked at the Poochyena.

[B]"Transform!"[/B] she called to it, quickly scrambling to her feet.

The pink blob glowed and changed his shape to become like the other dog. The original growled and Ditto had to continually evade his attacks, the powerful jaws trying to get a grip on any part of their bodies.

Ditto was keeping it occupied while Yuna prepared a pokeball. She was positioning herself to throw it went she was tackled heavily by the Poochyena. Yuna was winded and the pokeball flew out of her grip.

It was tackled in return by Ditto, Yuna rolled to her feet again and chased after the ball, picking it up solidly she hurled it at Poochyena, he turned and roared loudly in the ball's direction. Yuna was amazed when she saw the pokeball stop and roll backwards. She ran forward to pick up the ball again, there had to be a better way. Currently the two Poochyena were growling at each other.

Ditto lunged forward in attack, and the Poochyena dodged swiftly, turning and starting to run away. Yuna took the chance and pitched her ball at the retreating dog. It came in contact and the dog wimpered as it was sucked in.

[B]"Fetch."[/B] Yuna said, trying to catch her breath after being winded.

[B]"Poochyena, the dark pokemon. At first sight, Poochyena takes a bite at anything that moves. This pokemon chases after prey until the victim becomes exhausted. However, it may turn tail if the prey strickes back."[/B] Yuna glared at her bag where the voice came from.

Ditto ran off and returned with the ball in his mouth. She grinned and patted his head as he reverted to his jelly like state. Yuna rubbed the drool off the ball on the grass and tucked it away in it's shrunken form. Lifting Ditto onto her shoulder again, they set off, she gleefully rubbed her hands in anticipation at what else she would find.[/COLOR]

[color=#333333]Still overcoming the paralysis that had taken over Mario, he continued walking through the forest looking for any type of Pokemon to catch. It was when he had stopped to tie a loose shoelace that he caught a glimpse of something to his left. He decided to play oblivious and stood up to continue along the path in the grass.

There it was again. It was high up in the trees, and the only visible part of it was its eyes. They were small, black and beady, barely noticeable.

Mario just kept walking, trying avoid the Pokemon. Anything hiding [i]that[/i] high up in a tree with glaring eyes should [i]not[/i] be dealt with. Those were words to live by.

He continued along the path when he realized his mistake. He was continuing along the path! Any Pokemon with half a brain wouldn't reside near paths. So Mario cut into the woods and immediately found a Pokemon.

Its chest was long and slender and had the same texture and colour as the branches around it. Portuding from the creatures skinny body were two wiggly arms with grapes at the ends. It glanced at Mario and was quick to speak.

"Sudowudo!" it yelped. With no time to think it charged at Mario.

Mario was not expecting this and was taken down to the ground very fast. The pokemon, instead of beating him to pulp, it got up, brushed itself off and ran away. As fast as possible, Mario jumped to his feet and chased after it.

They darted through the forest, dodging low-hung tree branches, jumping fallen tree trunks. They passed a small clearing where a spider was webbing its prey. Finally Mario pulled out his Pokeball and aimed then ditched it at the branch-pokemon. It was sucked inside with a red light and a 'bleep!' and all was done.

He walked over and picked up the Pokeball, shrinking it then putting it into his pack.

"Congratulations!" said the familiar voice of his Pokedex. Mario started walking back to the spider so he could catch it if he was lucky. "You have captured a Sudowoodo!"

"That's-a nice.."

"New Entry! Sudowoodo camouflages itself as a tree to avoid being attacked by enemies. However, because the forelegs remain green throughout the year, the Pokemon is easily identified as a fake during the winter."

By the time the Pokedex finished talking, Mario had managed to get himself lost. He had no idea where he was and what he was doing. [/COLOR]

[Color=DarkSlateGrey]?Ling Xiayou, lonely? I would have never guessed.? Ada said, laughing.

Ling Xiayou just smiled and stuck her newest addition in her backpack. ?So who?s the puffball??

?This is Pretty. She?s a Jigglypuff and likes to sing, even though it puts everyone to sleep.? Ada said, hugging Pretty again.

?Aww, you?re cute.? Ling Xiayou exclaimed, causing Pretty?s eyes to light up.

?So, besides the giant bull thing, what other monsters do you have?? Ada asked, setting Pretty down.

?Uhm, Pikachu. It?s a little mouse that plays with electricity.? Ling Xiayou replied, pulling the ball out.

?Nice. I?ve got Pretty and this little bird thing that looks like a cloud and likes to be a hat.? Ada said.

?Well, I hope everyone else has caught more than us.? Ling Xiayou exclaimed, laughing.

?Yeah, me too. If we have to catch a hundred?? Ada started, interrupted by a rustling in the grass.

Pretty picked up on the rustling as well and she tottered towards the grass. Ada and Ling Xiayou nodded at one another and covered their ears as Pretty began her song. It only lasted a couple of seconds, but the sound of something going down caused Ada to toss a Safari Ball towards the sound.

The sound of a catch and keep brought about the chirping voice. ?Gardevior, the Embrace pokemon. This POKEMON can see the future, if any danger is noted to it?s trainer, it does everything in it?s power to protect its trainer from harm.?

?Wow, you didn?t even know which Pokemon it was and you caught it.? Ling Xiayou said, sounding amazed.

?Psh, with Pretty, it?s not a problem to catch any Pokemon.? Ada replied, smiling.

?Jiggly, puff, puff!? Pretty said, pointing towards the forest.

?It looks like Pretty says that there?s someone/something big in there. You want to join us, or shall we go in alone?? Ada asked.

Ling Xiayou looked at the forest, then Ada. She didn?t say anything for a second.

[I]?I wonder what she?ll decide.?[/I] Ada though, watching the woman.[/color]

OOC: I call Raikou for next post. ;)

[SIZE=1][B]"Help!?! Anyone?!?"[/B]

Pocketing her latest acquisition, agreen reptile looking creature Lara looked up with a frown. She stood still and listened intently, hearing nothing but the light breeze through the leaves and the sounds of insects and birds. Shrugging Lara set off once more.

[B]"Please! Help me!"[/B]

The cry came again, even louder than the previous one and not so easy to ignore. Frowning Lara turned in the direction of the cry and started forward at a slow paced jog.

[B]"Hello!?!"[/B]

The cries were getting closer and as Lara ducked through the undergrowth of a particularly hefty bush she literally stumbled across a prone form lying tangled on the ground. Looking back Lara gave a sharp laugh as she recognised the unfortunate figure.

[B]"Crash?" [/B] The bandicoot didn't even attempt to surpress his relief at seeing his former team-mate.

[B]"Lara! This is great, help me out here would you?"[/B] Crouching down beside him Lara checked him out, a small smirk playing across her lips. It seemed that Crash had gotten himself into a little bother with some kind of spider and was thoroughly trapped in webbing.

[B]"Now why should I do that hmm? I mean, with you stuck here that's one less opponent I have to worry about."[/B] Crash laughed at her comment, but it soon died when he saw the semi-serious look on her face.

[B]"Aww come on Lara, you can't just leave me here."[/B] The pleading in Crash's eyes was almost too much to bare. [B]"Please, for old times sake?"[/B]

Sighing Lara retrieved an ingeniously concealed knife from [I]somewhere[/I] on her person and swiftly cut the bonds holding her former team-mate.
[B]
"There, but you owe me one." [/B][/SIZE]

[b][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]"'kay, I'm coming with you!" [/font][/color][/b][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Xiaoyu announced. [b]"If Pretty says it's big you might need help in there."

[/b]They set off towards the woods, Ada's Jigglypuff getting steadily more agitated as they progressed. The woods were fairly dark even close to the edge, the canopy interlacing and forming an effective sunblock. It was worryingly reminiscent of the last forest they'd been in; that time, they'd been attacked first by an ogre, then by killer elves.

[b]"I'm actually getting a bad feeling about this," [/b]Ada commented, shivering in the sudden cool provided by the shade.

Both women jumped as something kicked up a commotion in a nearby tree. Before Xiaoyu had even spotted it, her Pokedex piped up: [b]Pidgey, Flying Pokemon. Very docile.

[/b]The little brown bird was obviously as affected by whatever lurked in the woods as Pretty was. She kept fluttering noisily from branch to branch, head turning from side to side to search out danger. Xiaoyu took advantage of the Pokemon's distracted state to quickly and quietly shin up a tree, creep out on a sturdy branch and drop her white-and-gold Survivor Pokeball right on top of Pidgey's head.

She hopped off the branch, catching the ball as it fell and landing lightly on the ground next to Ada. But Ada was rigid, and Pretty's eyes had widened to almost the size of his whole head-body-thing.

[b]"Um, Ling Xiaoyu? Up that tree may have been safer..."

[/b]There was a low growl, and the air was full of sparks.
[/font][/color]

[COLOR=#503F86]"Zigzagoon!"

"What now?" Krystal sighed, watching the strange little raccoon creature dart off into the trees again. They were getting closer to the edge of the treeline; she could see a tall, rocky mountain stretching up into the sky in front of her. It wasn't somewhere she intended on being, and she hoped Zigzagoon would lose interest in being curious and jump back in its Pokéball.

As Zigzagoon rounded a tree, it leapt back with a startled yelp and looked to Krystal with distress. She quickened her pace and turned to see what it was looking at.

On a large rock, standing perfectly still, was a white Pokémon with a light grey, bat-wing shaped tail and a grey face, with severe red eyes staring straight at her. Slowly, Krystal produced her Pokédex.

'[i]Ding.[/i]' "Absol. Disaster Pokémon."

"What?!"

"Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the Disaster Pokémon."

"Oh, that's just what I need. A bloody-"

"ZIG!"

Krystal's ears pricked up. A low rumble, barely audible at first, started growing steadily. Bird Pokémon fluttered from the trees and various other animals started sprinting down the mountainside. Part of the mountain split and splintered above her, sending pieces of stone flying into the air and crashing into the trees.

Krystal lobbed the ball- the Absol didn't even flinch as the piece of orbed metal thumped into its side and spirited it inside. She flicked it into her pocket, grabbed Zigzagoon under her arm and ran. As she broke through the forest's edge and onto the mountain's barren, rocky side, a huge explosion rocked the ground, knocking her to the floor. Smoke billowed into the air from the top of the mountain and a shower of red sparks erupted from the summit. The mountain was a volcano.

Small lumps of lava began landing on the mountainside. She drew her Staff and held it above her head. A bright shield of light spread from its shaft, surrounding her and Zigzagoon. The flecks of lava hit the shield with a sharp 'clang', then bounced away. They were safe for the moment, but she couldn't move in this state. If another-

A loud whistling noise pierced the air- she looked round to see a massive rock hurtling towards her. As she closed her eyes and hoped the Staff's shield would hold, she felt a weird prickly energy wrap around her waist. Before she knew it she'd been yanked out of harms way and landed on hard ground with an even harder bump.

Rubbing her thigh, she looked up at her saviour. A glowing blue rope snaked back into a device on Samus' left wrist; the bounty huter extended a hand to the fox to help her up.

"You alright?"

Krystal blushed, embarrassed but incredibly grateful. "Yeah, I'm fine now. Thank you."[/COLOR]