OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! <PG>

Sandy

[FONT=Century Gothic]The two teams were once again summoned to the CPU by Mog the Moogle, the ever-so-cute host of the game.

"You are kupolly welcome, survivors, to your sixth challenge. This contest will require precision, keen observation and most of all, activity."

"The name of the game is, kupo, the all-too-familiar [SIZE=3][B]Gotta Catch 'Em All[/B][/SIZE]!"

"Soon, both teams will be teleported to the Pokémon Safari."
[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/place-safari.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

"And here comes the rules for the game:"
[INDENT]1. I have released to the Safari [B]one[/B] of every imaginable Pokémon - yes, kupo, even the legendary ones. Remember, there isn't two of a kind.
2. Once you get there, both teams will scatter around the area in search of those Pokémons.
3. Both teams are given [B]one hundred[/B] custom-made [B]Survivor Pokéballs[/B], which enables catching Pokémon [B]without[/B] hurting it first, kupo.
4. The tricky part is that you can only catch [B]one[/B] Pokémon on your turn, and the balls will run out eventually. (Also, keep in mind that you can't hunt a Pokémon that somebody else has already caught.)
5. In the end, kupo, the team with [B]more captured Pokémons[/B] is the winner - no matter how easy or hard they were to catch.
6. If [B]both[/B] teams manage to get one hundred critters before the time runs out, [B]one[/B] final decisive[B] Pokéball will appear[/B] somewhere to the Safari, and whoever finds it and catches a Pokémon with it will be the winner.[/INDENT]

"The mission is simple, kupo, but it will require lots of work to beat your opposing team."

"Survivors ready, kupopo? Then [I]Game On[/I], already!"[/FONT]

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]The Iron Fists looked at each other with bewilderment written all over their faces, as a pale blue glow surrounded them and faded, leaving them standing on the outskirts of a town.

They were meant to get some creatures into these Pokeballs? The creatures must be tiny, unless the balls were really big. But how were they meant to roll around a hundred of these Pokeballs if they [i]were[/i] big?

The group has just dissolved into loud questioning when a short, dumpy man with a receding hairline approached them. Glancing down at a piece of paper in his hand, he read out sceptically "Are you the [b]Iron Fists[/b]?"

A chorus of "Yeah's" and "I suppose so's" and other such vague terms came forth from the slightly confused men.

"Well come with me then, you haven't got forever" the little old man muttered, and turning on his heel quickly walked back into the town, approaching a large whitewashed building with a steel dome at the top.

Once the five remaining members of the team were lined up in his office, the old man sat himself on the edge of his desk and launched a tirade of bizarre terms at the team.

CJ yawned "Yo, ol' man can't we just git on wit dis? You're boring me already, and I just wanna git out there and kick some vermin ass!"

The professor's face went curiously flat, and a large sweatdrop rolled down his face. Then, with a grumpy sigh he jumped off the desk and went over to a cabinet on the wall. He pulled out five pocket-sized items somewhat like a PDA and handed one to each of the team members. He also withdrew five black and silver jackets.

"These contain twenty pokeballs each, with room for ten more so you can distribute them how you please. I'd tell you how to use them but Mister Know-It-All," here he glared at CJ "obviously knows this anyway "Good luck to you etcetera etcetera, now get out of my office I need to do some research"

And with that he herded them outside and shut and bolted his door.

A dusty sign behind the glass read "Professor Hawthorn: Pokemon Researcher"

The team gathered around a table set in the middle of a park. They pulled out their pokeballs to examine them. There was a small white button on front of the ball. The bottom half of the ball was white and the top half was silvery grey, with a black logo of a fist set inside. But they appeared to do nothing. Crash threw one up and down in the air, catching it behind his back and on his nose, amusing his companions with party tricks. Suddenly he dropped it, and leaning back on the flat bench he bent over backwards to grab the ball. His fingers close around the ball, but as he opened his eyes he found himself face to face with a gigantic monster. He screamed and held the Pokeball out in front of him, as a sacrifice. A loud electronic type "Zzzssrcght" type sound was heard, and when Crash peeked through his fingers the monster was gone.

A rumbling buzz emanated from his pocket. He pulled out the Pokedex, and it flipped open. A monotone male robot voice greeted him with the line "Congratulations. You Have Just Captured A [u][url=http://www.pojo.com/pokedex/Kanto/013.htm]Weedle[/url][/u]. This low level pokemon is often found in forests, eating leaves. It has a sharp stinger on its head that injects poison."

Everyone around him congratulated Crash on his first capture.

And then Shadow posed the question "So, what, do we all split up and try and find these things or work together? Remember that we're not allowed to catch the same ones. Or rather, that they won't count twice, and I won't have any of you guys foolishly capturing the same ones I do..."[/size]

[b][size=1]"But then again, that little mouse-thing said there was only one of each type. So I guess we would be safe splitting up and going separate ways. What do you guys think?" [/size][/b][size=1]said Shadow.

[b]"I t'ink dis challenge is damn foo', bu' we gotta splid up anywayz, I ain' hangin' wit' dis roden' no more!" [/b]said CJ, gesturing towards Shadow.

[b]"Did you understand any of that?" [/b]asked Crash, [b]"Coz I sure as hell didn't. Anyway, we gotta split up and find these little critters, otherwise another one of us is gonna be deleted. I say we move out. All for that idea?" [/b]the rest of the group all raised their hands, [b]"Alright. Let's go."

[/b]Shadow moved into what was apparently called "The Safari Zone," treading carefully, on the look-out for these little "Pokemon." He rounded a corner covered by a large bush, and heard something rustling in the bushes. He looked around carefully, and saw what looked like a dog sniffing around in the bushes.

[b]"Come here, there's a good boy," [/b]he said, stroking the dog's back. It removed it's head from the bush, and looked at Shadow, who continued stroking it's back. It then opened it's mouth, and a stream of fire issued forth, just missing Shadow, but burning his eyebrows off.

[b]"That's it!" [/b]he said, enraged, [b]"You're not getting away now!" [/b]He took one of the twenty pokeballs he had been given and hurled it at the dog. It struck it on the bag, and immediately the dog turned into red light and was sucked into the small metal ball. Shadow picked it up and looked at it, impressed.

[b]"Not bad," [/b]he said, and took off in search of more of the little things.

[b]Congratulations, [/b]his "Pokedex" said in a mechanical voice, [b]You have captured a [url="http://www.dltk-kids.com/pokemon/adoptions/growlithe-p.html"]Growlithe[/url].[/b]
[/size]

[SIZE=1]Kuja thought that splitting up was indeed the best idea, so he waved goodbye to his team and set off on his way, hoping that he didn't come across anything too disgusting. It was because of this fact that he decided to track down the desert-like zone in this odd little place.

He always felt so at home in the sand, he missed his castle.

[B]"Homesick..."[/B] Kuja sighed sadly as he trudged along on his way. He kicked a little stone out of his way and sighed, scanning around for any sign of life. Then he saw it.

A small tunnel like structure was coming towards him under the sand. Kuja blinked and squinted slightly, fumbling in his hip bag for a Pokeball.

Then the tunnel stopped only a feet few ahead and Kuja stepped back, a little less than certain of the intent of...whatever it was.

A soft growling was heard form beneath the sand and before Kuja could jump back; a round light brown ball had burst from the sand-tunnel. Kua's Pokedex stirred into life, unfortunately, the only thing Kuja could catch through the pounding of blood in his ears was 'Sandslash.'

[B]"...[COLOR=Red]Sandslash[/COLOR]?"[/B] Kuja eyed the Pokemon's large front claws, [B]"I...see"[/B]

The Pokemon lunged forward and Kuja yelped, tossing the Pokeball at the monsters head in an attempt to ward it off. As his eyes were closed he heard the suck and blip of the Pokeball as the Sandslash disappeared in a flash of red light.

Kuja cracked an eye open and grinned.

[B]"I won~"[/B][/SIZE]

[size=1]The Iron Fists had walked together to the entrance of the Safari Zone, and suddenly disbanded, each heading off in a different direction to try and catch as many of the little critters as possible.

"After all" Crash muttered under his breath as he walked through a leafy forest glade "you need to catch 'em all. Or whatever little phrase Mog used".

Crash was keeping a sharp eye out for any pokemon when he heard a fierce buzzing up ahead. He emerged out of the forest only to see a giant waspy looking creature darting at a large rat. The wasp looked like the scariest thing, so Crash threw a pokeball at it. It bounced off the creature's carapace and fell to the ground. For an instant Crash was disappointed, but he started feeling sorry for himself in a whole new way when the giant wasp flew at him, chittering madly and stabbing wildy with it's giant stingers. Crash took to his heels, fleeing back into the forest. But no matter how he ducked, dodged and weaved, leaping over fallen trunks and ducking under ground-level branches, the wasp thing kept pursuing him. After perhaps five minutes of chasing the wasp thing gave up, and went back the way it had come. Crash found himself with his back against a tree, breathing heavily.

All of a sudden he heard a quiet humming noise beside his ear. Turning warily he saw a beady eye gaze at him. Leaping away from the tree he realised that the tree was staring at him.

No, wait. The thing with the eyes was separate from the tree, a kind of cocoon thing. Crash pulled out a pokeball, and thrust it outwards at the creature. Another weird electronic slurping noise later, and it had disappeared. Crash pulled out his Pokedex and pointed it at the ball.

"Congratulations. You Have Just Captured A Metapod. This cocoon form of Caterpie has no attacks, and it's only defence against predators is to harden it's shell. Eventually it will evolve into a Butterfree"

Crash grinned to himself. Two down! He knew that he must be winning. The Iron Fists would not loose again!

He set off back towards the field where the wasp thing had been. He needed to pick up that pokeball he had dropped.

Ten minutes later he emerged from the treeline. Glancing cautiously around him, he scurried forward and picked up the pokeball lying in the dirt, before making his way through the waist-high grass to a river he could see on the other side of the field.[/size]

[SIZE=1][B]"Safari?"[/B]

Lara looked about their new surroundings in bewilderment. Unlike traditional parks this one seemed to incorporate all manner of habitats in which these 'Pokemon' could survive.

Hefting one of the balls that had been handed out to each team at the beginning of the challenge Lara gave it a confused look. She failed to see how such a small contraption could catch anything, unless of course these beasts that they were to find were tiny in proportion.

[B]"Best get moving then." [/B] She muttered. Turning to the rest of her team she gave them a wave. "I think it would be best if we all split up for this one."

The rest of the Heroines nodded, this did seem to be the most logical solution.

Yuna grinned [B]"Good hunting!"[/B]

Lara smiled and headed out into the park, her backpack a comfortable and reasurring weight on her shoulders. Despite not need to hurt any of these creatures Lara still had her pistols strapped securely at her hips. There was no telling what she could run into out here.

As if to prove her point she suddenly heard a small groaning sound coming from the tall grass through which she was currently wading. Stopping stock still Lara strained to hear the sound again and was rewarded by yet another groan coming this time from just in front of her.

Peering down Lara pushed the grass aside and was met with one of the strangest creatures she had seen in a long time. It appeared to be a small tortoise like creature with a plant bulb sitting squarely on its back in place of a shell.

[B]"Bulba-Bulbasaur!"[/B] The creature gave out an excited cry, though it sounded more like a breathy moan. Crouching down on her haunches Lara held a Pokeball before her, pointing it at what was obviously a Pokemon. Nothing happened. Shaking it slightly Lara tried again. Still nothing happened. The bulbasaur cocked its head and gave her a quizzical look, as if to say [I]some kind of trainer you are[/I]. Scowling at the creature Lara held the ball out again.

[B]"A little help?"[/B] Not expecting anything from the creature Lara was a little taken aback when the Bulbasaur lumbered forward and headbutted the small button in the centre of the ball. Instantly the ball flew open and a red light engulfed the pokemon vapourising it and returning it to the inside of the ball. Shutting it with a click Lara inspected the ball with a curious gaze.
[B]
"Well I'll be damned." [/B] [/SIZE]

[font=Trebuchet MS][color=Purple]Xiaoyu was confused. She'd been woken up, whisked to the CPU, Mog had said a lot of things that whistled over her head while she yawned and now she was standing in a field of waist-high grass, a knapsack over her shoulder full of ... ball things, with little idea of what she was supposed to be doing.

The team had split up by group decision - another conversation Xiaoyu had yawned through. So now she was on her own in a field, and everyone had kept mentioning monsters. At least it was daylight this time.

Examining one of the ... pokeballs? ... she found it to be white and gold, with a stencilled golden lotus on the white half. There was a button on it. Apprehensively, she pressed it with her thumb. The ball started humming, and grew a little warmer, but nothing else seemed to happen. She kept her thumb pressed down, in case it was some sort of charge-up thing.

There was a rustling in the long grass. Looking up, Xiaoyu could see the grass parting in a line towards her. Something shorter than waist height was advancing ... she smelled burning and saw smoke rising along the line. She settled into a martial arts stance, ready to attack whatever appeared.

The grass before her moved to reveal an orange dragon no taller than her knee. The smoke came from the grass behind it, as the crackling orange flame on the end of its tail set the dry vegetation on fire.

They stared at each other for a second, until the thing opened its mouth. Xiaoyu could see the red glow of fire creeping up its throat. She squealed and lashed out, kicking it high into the air. It flailed helpessly as it arced over her head. Hoping the thing in her hand was a grenade or something, she spun and lobbed it straight forward.

The ball intersected with the dragon in mid-flight; there was a flash of red light; and the ball dropped quietly into the grass.

Xiaoyu was very confused.

A tinny voice from her knapsack said, [b]"Congratulations, you have captured a Charmander!"

[/b]Rummaging amonst the balls, she found something small, grey and rectangular, similar to a pocket PC. Picking up the ball absently, she started browsing through it, hoping to find out what she was meant to be doing.
[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1]Kuja had wandered through the desert by now and had, after capturing his first ever Pokemon, not encountered any more of the beasts. For this he was somewhat grateful, but they had a game to win, damnit!

He crossed through a gap between hedges into what looked to be a water zone. The area was beautiful, with long lakes and small streams, even a couple of mini waterfalls cascading down into one central lake. Kuja walked to the waters edge and looked into the crystal clear water, admiring his reflection.

He flicked his hair and smiled, closing his eyes when he did so. When he opened them again, he screamed.

[B]"Gyarahhh!"[/B] the hideous beast that had just emerged from the water roared, knocking Kuja back against a patch of grass. He stared, terrified, at the water dragon that had just appeared in front of him and tried to scoot backwards, as far away from the creature as possible.

As the monster eyed him up, swaying a little as it's long neck stuck out of the water, Kuja whipped out his Pokedex.

[B]"[COLOR=Red]Gyarados[/COLOR], a water Pokemon,"[/B] it blurted out in that mechanical voice, [B]"When Magikarp evolves into Gyarados, its brain cells undergo a structural transformation. It is said that this transformation is to blame for this Pokemon's wildly violent nature."[/B]

[B]"Wildly violent nature...?"[/B] Kuja gulped and stared up at the Gyarados, utterly terrified. The Pokemon stared back, but Kuja was the first to move. As the Gyarados went in for the kill, Kuja flicked out a Pokeball from his hip bag and his target quickly disappeared in a flash of light.

Kuja grinned; it was all in the wrist.[/SIZE]

[color=#333333]Mario wondered around the Pokemon Safari, not exactly sure what he was looking for. Although he [i]had[/i] dealt with Pokemon before when he was making his battle games, Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee, it wasn't quite enough experience to go out and [i]capture[/i] some Pokemon!

There was a rustle in a bush nearby and Mario quickly glanced to his right. He followed the shaking of the grass with his eyes. This thing was fast. Mario calmly stepped towards it as the figure stopped.

"Here-a here.. don't-a fret little one." Mario said, putting out his hand.

The figure emerged from the tall green revealing itself. Mario pointed his Pokedex at it and clicked the large white button.

"[B]Doduo[/B], the Twin-Bird Pokemon. Although the Doduo seems to have two heads, the two head's brains are identical. Scientific studies show that on rare occasions, there will be examples o f this Pokemon possessing different sets of brains." stated the Pokedex in a rather monotone voice.

Mario quickly snatched up one of his Pokeballs and readied himself for the worst. He through it at the Bird creature and watched as the Pokeball bounced off one of it's heads and in mid-air, stopped, opened up and sucked it inside with a red laser.

The slightly frightened hero inched towards the Pokeball, as it was still rumbling a bit, and waited for the rumbling to stop before he picked it up.

He latched it onto he belt and let out a sigh of relief.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Crash came out of the waist-high grass of the field, which ended at a low hedge. There was a small grassy strip, and then a deep, tranquil river, which looked really refreshing and cool, especially after being chased by that wasp thing.

Crash jumped over the hedge and made his way over to the edge of the river. He bent down and cupped his hands, taking in a long draught of the crisp, cool, water. As he reached down for another one, he could swear that he saw an eye in the water, looking at him. Not again! First the tree, and now the [i]river[/i]?

Unfortunately the eye was followed by a big white fist, which collided with Crash's jaw with all the force of a steam-train. Crash flew high threw the air, and back into the field, landing heavily on his back. Scrambling to his feet he looked over the hedge at the creature making it's way out of the river. It was about his height, and looked like a giant blue toad, mainly. Except it had no warts, and had muscly arms and legs, like a real person. It had a big white belly with an almost hypnotic black swirl on it. Which got closer and closer and Crash just stood as it got closer and closer it looked like it was swirling and pulling him in and getting closer and closer and closer and....

Crash snapped back to attention in time to dodge a gigantic fist which swept through the air mere inches in front of his face.

"POLIWRATH!" the creature bellowed in his face, as Crash whipped out a Pokeball, and stuck it in front of him. The Poliwrath, if that's what it was called, registered a faint look of surprise as it was surrounded by a red glow, before it was slurped into the ball.

From the confines of his jacket the Pokedex rumbled, before announcing loudly "Congratulations. You Have Just Captured A Poliwrath. This evolved form of Poliwhirl is an excellent swimmer and fighter. It is better than any human swimmer and can cross the Orange Ocean just by kicking, according to rumour."

Crash grinned. Three down![/size]

[color=#333333]After the terrifying encounter with the two-headed ostrich Pokemon, Mario had encountered no other monsters for a while. He managed to make his way out of the grassy plains he had been in and found himself at the bottom of a large mountain.

All around the mountain was a large spiraling path that Mario decided he would hike up to see if he could find some Pokemon.

The short man found the start of the path and started his long trek up the rocky hill. He couldn't even see the top of it so he was sure that if he got there he'd be able to spot tons of Pokemon.

As he shimmied past a very narrow part, he started to hear loud rumbling noises. He ran towards the noise and came to a sudden halt as he saw what was causing all the commotion.

Just about 10 feet infront of him were tons of rocks rolling down a cliffy area of the mountain. But they were making more than just rumbling noises. Everyonce in a while a loud "Golem~!" or "Grav-a-lerr!" would be let loose into the air.

Mario whipped out his Pokedex and quickly pressed the white button.

"Geodude, a rock-type Pokemon. When Geodude sleeps deeply, it buries itself halfway into the ground. It will not awake even if hikers step on it unwittingly. In the morning, [b]this Pokemon rolls downhill[/b] in search of food." said the Pokedex in it's usual robotic voice.

It then continued with its speech. "Golem, a rock-type Pokemon. Golem is [b]known for rolling down mountains[/b]." Mario clicked the white button again to skip the rest of his speech as he had already read ahead of it on the screen. "Graveler, a rock-type Pokemon. Rocks are Graveler's favourite food. This Pokemon will climb a mountain, from base to summit, crunchingly feasting on rocks all the way. [b]Upon reaching the peak, it rolls down to the bottom.[/b]"

Mario flipped his Pokedex close and snatched out a Pokeball from his belt. One of the pokemon had stopped and charged towards him. He chucked the sphere at the it and hoped it actually hit.

He saw a flash of red light and watched as the Pokeball almost magically floated back to his hand.

"Congratulations! You have captured a [i]Graveler[/i]." said a low-toned voice mumbled by Mario's pack.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Slightly more confident after her first capture Lara continued to make her way through the grasslands she now traversed. The tall grass brushed her knees, making it rather difficult to see any possible pokemon that might be hiding on the ground. Birds randomly flew overhead and strange animal noises could be heard echoing across the feilds.

[I]I wonder if all the animals here are Pokemon[/I] Lara wondered as she gazed curiously about her. Thinking that she might have better luck at finding something if she headed towards a more enclosed environment Lara picked up the pace and headed in the direction of a wooded outcrop not too far from her position.

[I]All manner of beasts live in trees[/I] was the reasoning behind this decision.

Ducking under a low hanging branch as she entered the wood Lara braced herself against the trunk of a tree as she peered through the leafy terrain. The leaves on the low branches waved slightly in the breeze blinking at her in the dim light.

Blinking?

Lara took a double take and moved closer to one of the leaves that was apparently staring at her with half lidded eyes.

[B]"What in the world." [/B] Upon closer inspection the thing appeared to be some sort of insect, or possibly a cacoon that closely resembled a withered leaf. Shrugging Lara reached into her pack and removed another ball. The red light shone again and the pokemon disappeared.

[B]"Easy money."[/B]

A small rumble from her backpack attracted her attention. Looking inside she retrieved a small device, portraying an image of the pokemon she had just captured.

[B]YOU HAVE CAPTURED A KAKUNA![/B]

Flicking backwards on the device she saw that she also had an alert for the previous pokemon, or 'Bulbasaur' that she had captured. Shrugging lightly and nodding in appreciation Lara replaced the item back in her bag and set off once again deeper into the woodland.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna tossed one of the pokeballs into the air, it was an interesting thing, but she didn't yet know how to use it to capture the creatures known as pokemon. She split up from the rest of the Heroines and started searching for something. Along with the pokeballs she had gotten a red, flat object with buttons on the inside of the cover and a small camera like thing at one end. She looked at the backpack she was given, it was resting comfortably on her back, slung over her right shoulder, it was full of more of the balls and the computer type thing. Yuna put the ball away and kept walking.

Yuna looked out into the distance, this safari place was huge with many different areas where different pokemon could be captured. She set out toward a distant volcano, hoping to find something good.

She crossed many different areas, seeing a few creatures but she wasn't sure if others would have caught them since they were closer. Yuna decided to ignore them for now and continued on to the areas in the back.

She got to the base of the volcano, the temperature had gone up slightly and she climbed up the path, it progressively got hotter until the sweat was pouring down her face. She was near the top, but she didn't want to go higher because the heat was getting too much.

Yuna looked around for a trace of any creature but there was nothing. She wiped away sweat and started to head back down, unsuccessful. As rounded around a side she was caught by surprise by two of pure white horses with manes of flame, one had a horn sticking out of it's foreheads, they were galloping furiously at a fast speed. Yuna flattened herself against the wall so she wouldn't be pounded into the ground. She realised they were pokemon and were getting away fast. She still didn't know how to work the ball but they were moving away. Yuna pulled one out of her pack and ditched it as hard as she could toward the pair, hoping it would do something. The ball came in contact with the flank of the smaller horse without a horn and it turned into a red light before it was sucked into the ball.

Yuna was surprised and walked forward, picking up the ball after it shook for a while and released a 'ping'. There was another 'ping' and it came from her pack. She pulled out the computer and opened it, the screen was lit with a picture of the creature she had just caught.

[B]"Ponyta, the fire pokemon. Its hooves are 10 times harder than diamonds. It can trample anything completely flat in little time. Capable of jumping incredibly high. Its hooves and sturdy legs absorb the impact of a hard landing."[/B] the machine said electronically.

Yuna grinned and hefted the ball, ignoring the sweat getting into her eyes, she'd captured her first pokemon. She examined it and pressed the little button on the front, she was surprised when it shrunk down, she held it up to eye level, it was much smaller and took up less room, so she returned it to the pack, easily distinguishable amongst the empty ones which she decided to keep large.

Yuna couldn't take the heat in the area and continued down the volcano, deciding she might come back up if she had time later.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Crash continued strolling down the river bank, keeping one eye on the silent waters, and the other on the seemingly deserted field. He knew that animals would often come to a riverbank to drink, and this way he could keep track of anything coming from the field, or water, though he probably wouldn't be able to get anything that came out of the forest on the other side of the water... he needed to find a ford of some sort.

Up ahead Crash saw a small ferret creature scuttle out of the hedge. It glanced cautiously about, raising itself up on it's tail, seemingly scouting for enemies. It saw Crash and froze, it's little nose twitching. It's body tensed, as if for flight, when suddenly a gigantic blue creature, all claws and teeth and roaring, erupted from the placid waters of the river. The ferret turned and ran back into the field, the predator in close pursuit. It tore right through the hedge, thrashing wildy as it chased down it's prey. Crash pulled two pokeballs out, one in each hand, and set off at a sprint. With neither creature focusing on him it should be relatively easy to catch them both! He followed the path of bent stalks into the field, running as fast as he could manage. Up ahead, out of sight, he heard a squealing sound. Rounding a turn in the 'path' that the chase had created, he found a massive blue crocodile sniffing around a small hole in the ground, out of which issued a flurry of terrified squealing.

The creature turned and glared at him with a feral gleam in it's eye. It leapt perhaps three metres forward, and Crash threw the Pokeball at it, hoping against hope that it would work.

It did. Crash picked up the small ball, and proudly put it in his jacket along with his other trophies. Once again the small electronic voice came forth, but all Crash heard was "Feraligator", or something along those lines, the rest of the information being drowned out by the squealing emanating from the hole. Crash got down on his hands and knees to try and see what was in the hole, but a burst of sand kicked straight into his eyes dissuaded him from that approach.

"You little bastard" he muttered as he pawed sand out of his sore eye "I'm gonna catch you now!"[/size]

[color=#333333]Mario carefully crossed the rampaged path after all the boulder-pokemon had finished crossing. He went on with his hike until he remember something about the Pokemon he had used in Super Smash Brothers. When you threw the Pokeball and it hit something, the Pokemon would come out and -if it trusted you- would do what you wanted it to.

He randomly selected one of the two filled Pokeballs he had and tossed it onto the ground. The ball floated into the air in recoil and opened up. A red light shone out of it and Graveler looked around confused.

Mario calmy started talking to it. "Hello-a.. Can-a.. I ride you up this-a mountain?" he asked.

Graveler let out a roar and turned his back to Mario, sticking his bottom set of arms out as steps for Mario to hope on with.

The plumber slowly stepped onto the boulder-like creature and lay down on it belly-down. Graveler started jogging up the trail at a nice pace. Mario was making good time on his Pokemon.

After a short while of jogging, the Graveler slowed and than eventually stopped. Mario slid of his back and Graveler pointed to a rocky wall beside them. He curled into a ball and rolled right through it. Cautiously, Mario stepped inside what looked like a cave and returned Graveler to his Pokeball.

[i]Mew.[/i]

"Ah-wa?!" Mario yelped at the shocking noise. He looked all around but everything was pitch black.

"Who's-a there?" he asked. There was no reply for a tiny bit until a bright light shone infront of him knocking him back.

When Mario looked at it he saw a pink cat-like Pokemon encased in a see-through bubble, floating... staring at him. It titlted it's head to the side.

[i]Mew?[/i]

The 'Mew' seemed to be talking to Mario telepathically. He inched towards it, slowly pulling out a Pokeball. He rolled it towards the Pokemon and it floated down to the ball. Tapping the button on the sphere with it's nose, Mew was isntantly sucked into the Pokeball.

Mario's Pokedex chimed in. "Congratulations. You have captured a [B]Mew[/B]. This Pokemon is said to possess genetic composition of all Pokemon. It is capable of making itself invisible at will, so it entirely avoids notice even if it approaches people."[/color]

[size=1]Crash pulled a light handkerchief out of a pocket in the jacket. Who knew what it was doing there.... but it would work fine for what he had in mind. He tied the black handkerchief around his eyes, and readying a Pokeball in one hand wormed his way down into the hole. The ferret kicked two loads of sand at him, but realising that was doing no good any more, it retreated further into it's burrow. Crash emerged into the main chamber, which was somewhat larger than the tunnel, but cramped nonetheless. Plus, he was effectively blind due to the handkerchief over his eyes. Grasping with his free hand he felt something soft and furry, which promptly bit him. Crash swore, but quickly flicked the Pokeball in the direction of where he supposed the creature was. A red light pierced through the blindfold, but the Pokeball made it's slurping noise and the ferret was caught. The Pokedex in his jacket pocket rumbled, and awkwardly reaching his arm beside him Crash managed to prise it out of his pocket. He wiggled around so that he could hold it in front of his face, and flicked open the cover. Immediately a bluey-white light came off the small screen, and as Crash took off his blindfold the Pokedex solemnly announced "Congratulations. You Have Just Captured A Sentret. A very cautious Pokémon, it raises itself up using its tail to get a better view of its surroundings. If sighting enemies it will cry loudly to warn it's kind."

Crash made to turn around on his belly in the claustrophobic confines of the burrow, but when one of his feet went straight through the floor, he cried out in fear. This was unexpected. He explored the hole with his foot, and found that it was perfectly round, and appeared to be ringed with stone. He wiggled backwards towards the new hole, and dropping down through it, landed lightly on a cold stone floor.

He held the Pokedex up for a lightsource, and his jaw dropped.

What [i]was[/i] this place?

OOC: Claim Unown for next post[/size]

[color=#333333]After capturing the mysterious Mew, Mario had taken a rest to sit down and have a small snack.

He set his pack down on the floor and pulled out the only lunch he had packed. It was a sandwhich.. and it was almost a day old since he had made it in the morning. Mario stuck his hand inside his bag and pulled out the three occupied pokeballs. He tossed them onto the ground infront of him and watched as the three captured Pokemon emerged in a bright red light.

Doduo looked around curiously and almost instantly started arguing with it's other head. They furiously pecked at eachother as the Graveler beside them watched and rolled onto his back laughing.

Mew just floated there. Staring. It was creepy.

Mario finished his sandwhich and stuffed his wrapper inside his pack. He returned his Pokemon one by one until only Mew was left.

"Maybe-a I will leave you out." Mario thought aloud. Mew tilted it's head at him again. [i]Mew?[/i] it said. It then started waving it's dinky little arms from left to right in unison humming something. Mew's fingertips suddenly started glowing and everything around Mario flashed a bright white light and when the light was gone, he was somewhere else.

He quickly surveyed his surroundings. He stood up and concluded he was in the middle of mist. He couldn't see his hands in front of him. Quickly, Mario returned Mew to it's Pokeball and got on his hands and knees feeling around for his pack.

Eventually he found it and strapped it to his back. The short italian silently marched forward, not sure what he was looking for and where he was going. Finally he bumped right into a wall.

"Ow-a.." he said as he rubbed his forehead. Then he heard a low grumble.

"Torkoal." the wall said.

The wall said?

Mario suddenly realized it was a Pokemon and he went to grab his Pokedex. "[B]Torkoal[/B], the fire Pokemon. Torkoal generat energy by burning coal. It grows weaker as the fire dies down. When it is preparing for battle, this Pokemon burns more coal generating a stream of mist in it's general area."

Mario grabbed an empty Pokeball from his belt and smashed the 'wall' with it. Suddenly, a faint red light flashed and he heard a 'ping' come from his Pokeball.

"Contratulations! You've captured a Torkoal." said the mechanical voice Mario was now familiar with.

As Mario was just putting the Pokeball back into his pack, he noticed that the mist had disappeared and he realized finally where he was.

Not only was it the top of the mountain, it was also very snowy, cold, and the nesting ground of a blue bird Pokemon.[/color]

[size=1]Crash was in an underground temple of some sort. The passageway he was in had a low ceiling, and up in one corner was the hole Crash had fallen through. The walls however were covered with mysterious heiroglyphs and strange signs. The light emanating from the Pokedex's screen wasn't strong enough to reach, but what it did illuminate was amazing. Crash walked forward carefully, keeping an eye out for any scary ancient temple pokemon things. The passageway was dead-straight, and the walls were decorated with the murals and glyphs, but so far Crash had only passed one branching passageway, and a short way down there it was blocked by a rockfall.

But just as he began to weary of ever finding his way out of the temple, a bright flickering light shone from up ahead. Tucking his Pokedex away in his jacket pocket, he emerged into a large circular room. Flaming torches covered the walls at regular intervals, but the room was empty, save for the mysterious signs and a raised pedestal in the center. There was no other way out of the room save the passageway he had come from. As Crash turned to head back the way he had come in disappointment, a low humming diffused throughout the room. Turning back to face the room, Crash watched in awe as a liquid blue light spread through the symbols on the wall, filling them and spreading over the walls. As the light ran through the small channels and pathways embedded in the rock, a faint symbol appeared floating above the pedestal. It grew stronger and more real, as the light spread across the symbols carved in the wall.

As the last glyph was filled, a bright white light illuminated the chamber, and floating above the pedestal was something that looked like a physical representation of the last glyph. It had an eye, and as it seemed to pierce his very soul, the humming began again, and faintly tantalising spectres of symbols appeared above each of the heirglyphs on the wall. Crash, his hand shaking, withdrew a pokeball from his pocket, and then in his best baseball impression, ditched it at the mysterious pokemon on the pedestal. A flash of red light consumed the creature, and then it all went dark, the blue light on the walls disappearing in an instant. Pulling out his vibraitng Pokedex, Crash flipped the screen open to see by.

"Congratulations" it announced "You Have Just Captured An Unown. These mysterious and rare pokemon look like hieroglyphs on ancient tablets. It is said that the two are somehow related."

Crash tucked his latest find in a pocket in his jacket, and turned on his heel, back towards the entrance he'd found to the temple. Time to go and catch some more![/size]

Splitting off from the rest of her team, Samus chose a path headed towards a small mountain not too far away. The Safari Zone seemed extremely vast; it wasn't long at all before even a wide range sweep of her radar failed to pick up any of her teammates.

She trudged through a field of waist high grass on her way to the rocky slopes and decided it might be wise to flip over to her thermal visor. There had to be something hiding down in all this grass. . . . [i]Ah ha,[/i] she thought as a bright red splotch came into view. Moving as silently as possible through the grass, Samus flipped over to her scan visor to see what it was she had found. She was surprised, however, when all she found were two small mushrooms poking up from the ground.

Morphology: #46 Paras
A bug/grass type Pokémon, Paras are host to a pair of mushrooms growing out of their backs. They burrow to feed off tree roots, the mushrooms absorbing a majority of the nutrients.
Frowning, Samus scanned the mushrooms anyway. She was expecting something a little more animal-like, but then-- She smiled as the scan data came up on her visor. But then, she wouldn't be fooled so easily. Tossing one of her Pokéballs at the mushrooms, she watched as the small bug was sucked right out of the ground.

[i]Looks like downloading all the information from that Pokédex thing they had back at the office payed off,[/i] Samus thought as she continued walking.

[COLOR=#503F86]Krystal swiftly moved through the long grasses of the Safari zone, scouting around her for any signs of movement. So far, she wasn't being very successful. She's blundered into what looked ike the biggest, most easy-to-hide-creatures-in savannah in existence, with only a few far away landmarks for reference.

Still, maybe she could sneak a chance to meet up with Fox. She hadn't had a chance to see him at the CPU since she'd been dragged out of bed so suddenly.

A sudden movement to her left alerted her; she snapped round to face the source of the grass's disturbance and found herself staring into two iridescent purple eyes, their intent gaze barely disguising a look of malice and disdain.

[i]"What do you want?[/i] a voice called, apparently from behind her.

[i]"Oh, you're telepathic too."[/i] Krystal 'said' to the creature, who jumped in surprise. It slowly began circling round her, studying her from ear tips to toe. She watched its purple form hover silently above the ground, its tail swishing forwards to psychically separate the grass in front of it.

[i]What kind of Pokemon are you?[/i]

[i]"I am not a Pokemon. I'm, er..."[/i]

She couldn't tell him/it she was going to capture him and confine him to a space not much bigger then her fist for the purposes of some weird challenge. But she didn't imagine this would willingly jump into her Survivor Pokéball, and fighting it could prove difficult.

[i]"I need your help. Would you mind holding this for me?"[/i]

She extended her hand with a Survivor Ball carefully positioned so that the creature's physical contact with it would activate its... oh.

The Pokéball floated into the air and hovered just in front of Mewtwo's face. So he had telekenesis as well.

[i]"No, I mean... I need you to [/i]hold[i] it."[/i]

[i]Why?[/i]

She sighed. [i]"I'm taking part in this challenge where I need to capture as many Pokemon as I can, otherwise a member of my team, or I, will be thrown into some unknown fate. It's really nothing personal, and I know this is a lot to ask of you, but I just need you to get inside the ball. It's not... you won't be harmed, I promise. If you get hot or cramped or anything, I'm sure I could let you out again."[/i]

The creature stared at her blankly for a few seconds, then jabbed its finger against the ball. A white flash erupted from the ball and the creature de-materialised, vanishing inside the Survivor Ball. Krystal picked it up from the ground and smiled.

[i]"Thank you."[/i]

[i]My name is Mewtwo.[/i]

Krystal nodded, placing the Pokéball in one of her waistcoat pockets and looking into the distance for more Pokémon.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Stalking his way through the Safari Zone wasn't Shadow's idea of great fun. He was bored, seeing as he hadn't caught a single Pokemon since his early victory. He rounded a corner and bumped into someone.

[b]"Shadow?!" [/b]said a voice, [b]"Funny seeing you here!" [/b]He looked up and saw that he had just bumped into Lara. He smiled and backed away a few steps.

[b]"Hey, Lara, how's it going?" [/b]he asked, [b]"You caught many yet?"

"Now, Shadow, that would be telling. So how are the guys?"

"Pretty good. This new team's not as fun as the Adventurers, but I guess I can cope. How are the Heroines?"

"Very...girly," [/b]replied Lara with a devilish smile.

[b]"Well, I guess I'll catch you later, then," [/b]said Shadow, walking away. He wiped his forehead. That could have gotten awkward. He was about to turn and shout something to her, when something huge flew over his head. He ducked, and it only just missed him. He whipped out his Pokedex and pointed it at the Pokemon.

[b]Charizard, [/b]it said, [b]A dangerous, fire-breathing Pokemon that is the evolved form of Charmander. Be careful of its flaming tail and fiery breath.

[/b][i]Brilliant, [/i]thought Shadow, [i]So I miss out on dragons in the earlier round, so now I get to face one here.

[/i]He whipped out a Pokeball and hurled it at the dragon. It struck it on the head, and just before it disappeared into the ball, it unleashed a blast of fiery breath at Shadow. He leapt out of the way, and then went to pick up his Pokeball.

[b]Congratulations. You have captured a Charizard.

"Too bloody right I did," [/b]muttered Shadow, walking away...
[/size]

[size=1]Crash heard a strange sound as he passed the branching corridor of the Unown temple. Walking a ways down the corridor, he put his ear to a small gap in the rockfall. Beyond it, he could hear the sound of flowing water.

However, try as he might, Crash could not get the boulders blocking the passageway to move an inch. Or even a quarter of an inch.

Cash groaned in frustration. Surely he must be able to get out of the temple this way, rather than struggling back up through the underground burrow. And then he remembered the Pokemon that he had already caught... perhaps, somehow, he could use one of them to aid him in his escape.

He pulled out his Pokedex, and pointed it at each of six the pokeballs he had filled.

Unown, Sentret, Feraligator, Poliwrath, Metapod, Weedle. Which one was most likely to get him out of here? Crash settled on Feraligator. It was strong enough to shift the rockfall, and could probably swim well enough to aid Crash in getting out of the river and back onto dry land.

Crash was a hopeless swimmer. Give him flippers and a scuba tank and he was fine... but un-aided he would surely drown.

He picked up the ball containg Feraligator, but adrenaline coursed through his veins as he prepared to recapture the creature if it turned on him, as he somehow felt it would.

Crash depressed the button on the pokeball, and in the reverse of the capture process, a beam of red light emerged, and with it, Feraligator. The big reptilian glared at him, impatiently, but made no move to attack. In a low, quiet voice Crash asked it to break through the rockfall so that they could continue down the passageway. With an almost contempful ease, the pokemon swung it's massive tail, pushing the larger boulders out of the way, but disintegrating smaller ones. Crash gestured fo the Feraligator to move through the new opening first, and he followed it warily. The passageway continued for a short distance before ending in a large underground cave. Through it flowed an underground river, but it's entrance and exit was hidden from view, presumably through tunnels underwater. The reptilian Feraligator growled softly, and as if in response, a light blue glow emanated from a small grotto further along the cave. Crash walked softly towards the grotto, but stopped as a large blue dog-like creature emerged. It gazed at him intently, and then without further pause it leapt forward, diving elegantly into the river and out of sight, the blue glow fading with it. Crash leapt onto Feraligator's back, and cried "Follow that pokemon!"

With a fearsome roar, Feraligator leapt into the river, and with strong, powerful strokes shot down the underground tunnel after the speedy pokemon. No more than ten seconds had passed when the tunnel abruptly ended, and Feraligator flew onto a sandy shore in pursuit of the fleeing dog pokemon. Almost from nowhere a chill wind came up, causing the already soaking Crash to shiver, yet he held on tightly as his mount bounded into the forest, gnashing it's teeth and roaring fiercely.

What followed was one of the strangest rides of Crash's entire life. He had ridden polar bears through Arctic gorges, and gone back in time to ride a tiger along the Great Wall of China, yet he had never experienced anything like this. For perhaps half an hour he clung grimly to the back of Feraligator, seaching ahead for his elusive quarry, the only hint that they were on the right trial being a faintly familiar smell in the air, a smell of fresh breezes on a sunny afternoon.

The woods eventually ended, and they were on a plain. Up ahead of them, none too far, was the dog pokemon they had been chasing. It's pace was slowing, but gave no indication aside from that that it was tired. Eventually, it came to a sudden stop, and turned, drawing itself up regally to confront it's pursuers. Feraligator came to a stop perhaps ten metres in front of it. Crash dismounted, and moved forward, pokeball in hand, way of any suden tricks or attacks. But the closer he got the harder he found it to move, as the wind which was battering his face increased in strength. He took a step backwards, and it abated. Kneeling down on one knee, he extended the pokeball in supplication.

"Please, I am on a quest and have been sent to capture you. If my team fails I do not know what will happen to us. Those who fail disappear, and we know no more of them. I beseech you to help me by allowing me to capture you. I do not believe it to be permanent in nature, and you will soon be free to once more run the plains of this land."

A gentle, yet warm, breeze blew in his face, and as Crash raied his head and opened his eyes he found himself mere inches from the stern visage of the pokemon. It stepped back, and as Crash extended his pokeball, disappeared in a flahs of red light.

From his jacket his pokedex once more rumbled, and congratulated him on yet another capture. "Congratulations. You Have Just Captured Suicune. This legendary pokemon is said to be the reincarnation of north winds, it can instantly purify filthy, murky water. It is one of the three legendary dog pokemon."

Crash, still damp, smiled softly to himself. A warm breeze blew from the north, and as he recalled Feraligator to it's ball, Crash felt contented, and more determined than ever.[/size]

[size=1]A voice came to Shadow. It didn't seem to come from any one place in particular, but it was resounding loudly in his head. He turned around and around, trying to find where it was coming from, but there was no sign of anything nearby.

He managed to pick something up in the voice. A single word, being repeated over and over again. He concentrated hard, trying to pick up the single word.

[i]Abra...

[/i]Abra? What the hell was that? He flipped open his Pokedex and jabbed at the keyboard, typing in the word "Abra." It beeped and flashed for a moment, and then said:

[b]Abra. A psychic Pokemon. Using its ability to read minds, it will identify impending danger and teleport to safety. Is often found hiding in grassland areas.

[/b]Grassland, eh? Then it must be somewhere nearby. Shadow took out another pokeball, and hunted around in the grass. Something brown and furry caught his eye, and with lightning-fast reactions, he hurled the pokeball at it. A flash of red light told him he had caught the Pokemon.

[b]Congratulations. You have captured an Abra.

[/b][i]You might be fast at teleporting, little friend, but nobody's faster than Shadow[/i], the hedgehog thought, picking up the pokeball triumphantly.
[/size]

[COLOR=#503F86]Krystal continued through the grasslands, the scenery around her slowly appearing to adapt to a different climate. It seemed odd that so many different types of plant could be so close to one another without any problems... but still, on Dinosaur Planet you were never more than five minutes away from either a tropical beach or polar ice caps.

As she rounded a tree, she caught a glimpse of something in the branches above her. A high-pitched hissing noise hit her ears. Readying a [color=#503f86]Pokéball, she jumped backwards and threw it into the tree. It hit something with a heavy metal clash and dropped to the ground again. Cautiously moving over to pick it up, she noticed the red light on it wasn't glowing. The bastard Pokemon had thrown it back![/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Just as she reached forwards, a huge blade swung inches away from her face and carved the ground in front of her. She rolled back, grabbing another Pokéball from her pocket.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"Scyth-er!" the large, half-lizard half-mantis creature hissed, bearing its teeth. Krystal chanced another lob at it, but its lightning-quick reflexes clashed it straight back into her hand, a nasty-looking scratch across its surface.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]"How can you be hitting this without it activating? You're just awkward!" she growled, preparing another throw. [/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Before she could act the Pokemon charged forwards, its blades outstretched; she just managed to duck to one side of it to avoid being sliced by its deadly forearms. As it swung round to charge again, she frantically took hold of her first Pokéball and threw both at the same time. The Pokemon hit one and missed the other, the tiny round cage hitting him in the chest in mid-flight. He burst into red light and dissolved into the ball, which skidded quietly to the dusty ground.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]She sighed with relief and put the (now contained) monster into her pocket. A quiet 'ding' noise sounded from her belt.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]'Scyther. Mantis Type. [/color]With ninja-like agility and speed, it can create the illusion that there is more than one.'

"Oh, okay then." What was Mewtwo's bio like?

'Mewtwo was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments. Even though the scientific power of humans created this Pokémon's body, they failed to endow Mewtwo with a compassionate heart.'

"Oh..."[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][I]I wish I could contact the guys some how[/I] Lara wondered as she trudged carefully through the dense woodland. It would be useful to see how they were faring, since she herself did not seem to be doing so well.

Stopping to rest against the trunk of a nearby tree, Lara sunk down onto her haunches. The forest was never ending it seemed. Prehaps it was not such a good idea for her to enter it afterall. Lara shrugged.

[I]Whats done is done I suppose, best find a way out of here[/I]

Lara was about to stand when she noticed a large brow ear peek out from behind the tree she was resting against. Frowning Lara peered round the side only to have whatever it was give a small 'meep' and skuttle round to the other side of the tree. Lara chuckled softly and decided to give chase, following the little creature round the tree. It was only small, but still quite spry and Lara found that keeping up with its nippy meanderings quite tiring.

[B]"Okay, thats it." [/B] Lara leapt forward to grasp the little creatures leg nad both came crashing to the ground in an undignified heap. Sitting up, Lara pulled the creture towards her to get a better look. What she discovered was a pokemon who looked remarkably like a little teddy bear. A small crescent marked its forehead and it looked up at her with big black eyes, all the while licking its small forepaw continuously. Seeing Lara eyeing his paw the bear stopped mid lick and held it out to her in a sort of offering. Lara chuckled and patted its head.

[B]"Sorry little guy but you have to come with me."[/B] Holding out another ball, Lara pressed the small button and the bear vanished in the red light. No sooner had Lara replaced the ball in her backpack, a huge, deafening roar ripped through forest, startling all the bird pokemon who dwelt in the treetops into flight.

Standing, Lara swiftly drew her a pistol from its holster, looking frantically in all directions. She didn't have to wait long. Out of the undergrowth a towering bear-like pokemon came charging straight towards her. Rearing up on its hind legs it gave her a meanacing stare.

Lara gulped[B] "Mother I presume?"[/B][/SIZE]