OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! <PG>

Sandy

[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]The group stopped to see what they could do about Yuna's injured hand. None of Xiaoyu's Pokemon were much help, so she went wandering off up the volcanic crags. Maybe getting higher up, she'd be able to spot more Pokemon.

About fifty feet up there was a shallow bowl-shaped indentation in the rock, perfect to sit in and survey the scene. The sun was still low in the sky, casting a long, pale yellow reflection on the surface of the sea.

Xiaoyu shaded her eyes, squinting to try and look at the sun. There was a speck in the middle of it; a yellow, firey speck actually glowing [i]brighter [/i]than the sun...

The speck swerved out of the sun's disc, revealing itself as a magnificent yellow bird with molten flames that cascaded from its feathers with every wingbeat.

It was heading straight for Xiaoyu's perch. It suddenly occurred to her that the indentation in the rock looked uncomfortably like a nest.

[b]"Uh oh," [/b]she squeaked, as the bird banked steeply into a spiralling dive, spearing straight downwards at the invader of its nest. She sprang up and somersaulted backwards out of the nest, landing awkwardly on the rough rock and pelting into a half-run, half-fall down the crag, pulled down by gravity with no way of stopping that didn't involve falling face-first into the sharp rock. She could feel her back getting hot as the roaring wingbeats grew closer.

Ada and Yuna came back into view. Yuna was in her White Mage outfit, obviously having decided to heal herself that way rather than by Pokemon power.

[b]"Hee~eelp!" [/b][i]eep[/i]ed Xiaoyu as she dived to the ground, skidding along in the dust. There was a roaring sound overhead as she buried her face in the ground.

[b]"Quick, capture it!" [/b]It was Ada's voice. Xiaoyu rolled over, to see the firebird looking pathetically at its soggy, flameless wings; looked behind her to see Yuna's Poliwag, still dripping and looking very pleased with itself.

Xiaoyu pulled out a Pokeball and threw it at the bedraggled bird, which disappeared with good grace, presumably knowing it could dry off in there.

[b]You have captured a Moltres...

"I need to spend less time on the floor," [/b]mused Xiaoyu.
[/font][/color]

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna smiled and returned Poliwag to his ball, she had been sitting with Poliwag spraying a continuous jet of cold water to soothe her burn. She healed herself with White Mage and changed back. Then they had heard Xiaoyu's cry for help and rushed up in the direction she had gone. Yuna swiped Poliwag up off the ground and ran, Ada behind her with Pretty.

[B]"Water gun!"[/B] she had called to Poliwag.

The spray drenched the flaming bird allowing the other girl to catch it swiftly. The three of them walked back down to the horses and decided to give them a rest. Yuna thanked them and sucked them into their balls, putting the three pokeballs into her backpack.

They walked along the rest of the trail, talking but looking around for signs of other pokemon in the area. Yuna jumped when she saw another camel like pokemon walk into their path. She looked at it carefully, it was less dopey looking than Numel, had two humps that resembled volcanoes, was shaggier, and was red and had blue rings on it's side.

The camel looked at them angrily and charged at them at a fast pace, it's humps started to tremble and shake violently until they started to overflow with hot magma. The girls screamed and scrambled out of the way, it turned around again and snorted.

[B]"Transform!"[/B] Yuna yelled as it charged right toward her.

Ditto sprung from her shoulder and glowed brightly, suddenly it was an identical twin and was blocking it's path, using force against each other to keep the other at bay. The original's humps started to spew magma at a stronger rate, it dripped down it's back and hit the ground, beginning to create a pool of molten magma around them. Ditto pushed, and the stress set in, suddenly he started releasing magma too.

The camel made an aggrivated sound and reared back, bringing his front hooves down heavily, making a large crack. It continued to do so until an abyss had formed with Ditto standing on one side with the girls, and the original on the other. It pulled it's head back and released a strong stream of flames toward them, Ditto copied it, fighting back as much as he could. Yuna pulled out Poliwag again and started a strong hydro pump before telling Ditto to back down.

Ditto changed back from exhaustion and the heat, and Poliwag's hydro pump was getting weak because it was being turned into steam quickly by the steam and the heat surrounding them.

[B]"Azurill, water gun!"[/B] Ada called.

The blue, baby mouse-like pokemon bounced up beside Poliwag on it's tail and let out a strong stream. Poliwag gained courage and put more power, the two attacks started to push against the flames.

Yuna pulled out another pokeball and prayed that it would come through. She released the pokemon inside, and a confused Psyduck walked up beside the other two water spurting creatures.

[B]"Come on Psyduck! Hydro Pump!"[/B] Yuna yelled at it.

It held it's hands to it's head and released a pretty strong jet of water, which met with the other two attacks, hitting the camel as it got tired from sustaining one continuous stream. It was knocked backwards, and it's coat was soaking wet but began to dry rapidly.

Yuna threw her pokeball across the abyss and smacked it across the head.

[B]"Camerupt has a volcano inside its body. Magma of 18,000 degrees F courses through its body. Occasionally, the humps on this pokemon's back erupt, spewing the superheated magma."[/B]

She returned her three pokemon. Psyduck and Poliwag, both of whom pulled through for her, and the exhausted Ditto for a well deserved rest. Yuna released Zubat and got it to fetch the pokeball for her. She put away Zubat and the newly captured Camerupt with the others and smiled at Ada, thanking her for the assistance.

The three of the continued up the way, guessing they were nearing the top since it was burning up, and even the area in front of them was wavering from the heat.[/COLOR]

[Color=Red]Ada could feel her clothes finally were dry after standing around this volcano. Even the mud seemed to have melted away. Ada was happy and disturbed at the same time. If it really was this hot up here, then staying up here may be dangerous. Ada considering calling out Lugia, but decided against it as she noticed something moving between the rocks behind them.

"There's something following us." Ada whispered to the others.

"What.." Xiayou started.

"Don't turn around. Make it think it still has the advantage. I'm going to count to three and throw a ball." Ada whispered, slowly reaching into her pack.

"One."

"Two."

"Three!" Ada shouted throwing the ball and smacking the thing upside the head.

The ball glowed and opened again showing a majestic dog. It turned around and shot off, causing Ada to turn to Yuna. "Rapidash, now, please?"

"Yuna quickly tossed the Pokeball and Ada mounted Rapidash. "Thanks in advance, now can you overtake the dog that went that way?"

Rapidash nodded and took off, leaving flames in her tracks. Ada could only gasp as the volcano side quickly zoomed by. She almost lost her focus as the dog took a turn and headed back up the mountain. Rapidash's turn almost threw Ada off, but she quickly regained her balance as they were off again.

"Try to get along side of it!" Ada shouted into the wind.

Rapidash's legs began to stretch even more as they began to trek upwards. Ada saw the dog again and readied herself and the ball. To Ada, it seemed like Rapidash had sped up even more as they overtook the dog and Ada made the catch.

"All right! Nice job Rapidash!" Ada said, patting the horse, who had slowed down.

Rapidash neighed and rubbed her head against Ada. Ada smiled and asked, "You mind walking us back to the group? Do you even know where the group is?"

Rapidash neighed again and started slowly towards the top of the volcano. During the catch, Ada checked her Pokedex, which had this to say.

"Arcanine, the Legendary POKEMON. This POKEMON is very beautiful and proud. It's valued in China. It has a pretty mane."

"I hate you." Ada muttered.[/color]

[FONT=Century Gothic]A loud horn indicated the end of the challenge. The survivor candidates gathered to the gate of the Pokémon Safari, where they were teleported back to the CPU.

"Here again, kupo!" Mog greeted them. "Do sit down, everybody. This was a demanding challenge, and a long one too, kupo. Both teams worked hard..."

Mog gave a disapproving glance at Carl Johnson, who rubbed his eyes after the long nap he took at the Safari.

"...Well, some of you harder than others, but I'm afraid the lack of one member in the Iron Fists' team affected much as well. Let's see the final scores, kupo!"

[COLOR=Gold]Heroines of the Golden Lotus: [B]70/100[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Gray]Heroes of the Iron Fists: [B]56/100[/B][/COLOR]

"As it seems, the Heroines managed to capture 14 more creatures than the Heroes in the given time, and are thus the winners of the [B]Gotta Catch 'Em All[/B]! Congrats, kupo!"

The women cheered in their accustomed way, and gave cocky gestures at the Heroes before they departed.

Mog turned to the devastated male contestants.

"Beaten by the girls again, kupo? Well, you know what this means: one of you five will get deleted from this game soon. Heroes of the Iron Fists, it's time for another Team Council. Without further kuponess, let's vote."[/FONT]

[COLOR=#503F86]Upon arriving back at the Lotus Temple the team of Heroines burst into fits of raucus cheering and relieved laughter with the advent of their latest victory. Almost at once everyone was excitedly comparing stories, Pokemon and bruises with each other, their tales becoming both more passionate and more tired as they went. It had been an incredibly straining challenge for everyone, and as elated as they were, the feeling of succumbing to tiredness was growing increasingly strong.

Krystal was the first to break off, something else occupying her mind.

"Well, I'm off to bed. Sleep well, guys!" she said almost too cheerfully; she couldn't escape a knowing glance from Lara as she turned to leave and almost let herself be stopped by it.

The voices behind her died out as she plodded back to her bedroom through the atmospherically-lit stone corridors of the temple. Her shoulders began drooping further with each step; several times she had to check herself to make sure she stood properly.

When she reached her bed she completely collapsed, letting out a pained and dejected sigh as she landed.

So he had been voted out.

She crawled up to her pillow and clutched it tightly, staring blankly at the flickering torch on the wall. The only indication of the consequences of being voted out was when Pac-Man disappeared- well, dissolved -out of the CPU. Would he ba back on the Great Fox? Did he know she was here?

She rolled onto her back and sat up, wiping her eyes.

"Can't do this," she mumbled. "Fox'd think I'm stupid if I cried now. Just need some rest."

She lay back down and threw the bedsheets over her. It felt so soft and warm...[/COLOR]

[FONT=Century Gothic]After all the five Heroes of the Iron Fists had voted, Mog went to see the result like usual.

"Hmm, I see, kupo... The next person deleted from the OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On is..."

[CENTER][B]Carl Johnson[/B]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/delete-Carl.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

The black thug stood up, flailing his arms.

"Aw man, I knew I shouldna taken that nap!"

Then his arms began to disperse into tiny particles.

"Eeh, what the &%#! is happening to me?! Stop that, it tickles!"

CJ's voice echoed in the vast space of the CPU even after the last part of him had faded away.

"Ten contestants remain, kupo. I think you Heroes should get back to the Temple and rethink your strategy if you're going to beat the girls. See you in the next kupocious challenge!"

Silently Mario, Kuja, Shadow and Crash made their way to the teleporter, each of them very aware that they now had two members less than the other team.
[/FONT]

[color=#333333]Crash was the first to talk amongst the Heroes when they got back to their home away from home.

"This is unbelievable. Two in a row?!" he waved arms in the air, let out a big sigh and plopped himself down on the steps where Kuja was already sitting. Mario trotted over and stood near them. He joined in.

"Hey-a, at least you have won challenges!" he said. It was true, Mario and Kuja were the only players in the entire game that had not yet won a challenge. Mario hoped that all of that would change in the up coming event. Shadow skidded over aswell and sat down on the grass in front of the steps.

"I don't think we should dwell on the past." he noted. Crash nodded but Mario wouldn't take it.

"Is it-a us? Do we-a just suck?" Mario stomped his foot on the ground, frustrated. He didn't think any of the other guys thought the Heroines were neccesarily [i]better[/i], but they still managed to win two challenges in a row.

Mario had also lost every other challenge on his old team. Could this mean that he was just cursed with bad luck, or maybe he was just a bad Video Game Survivor. He doubted that.

Kuja stood up and clenched his fist. "I may not be very tough, but I know I won't take losing again for an instant. We have to work our hardest in this next challenge even if it means dropping dead on the floor!" He put his hand out for the others to put theirs on and motioned to them. "What do you say?"

Shadow reached over. "I don't know about the dying part, but yeah. Sounds good." He put his hand on Kuja's. Crash and Mario followed the trend and they threw their hands up into the air.

Shadow rolled his eyes. "That was so lame.."[/COLOR]

[FONT=Century Gothic]The Heroes had barely time to recover from the loss of yet another member, when the teleporter summoned them back to the CPU.

The Heroines, on the other hand, came to face the new challenge filled with confidence and arrogance.

At the CPU, Mog greeted them hovering in front of the familiar holographic screen.

"Welcome everybody, kupo! Now is the time for your seventh challenge, which I call [B][SIZE=3]Maniac Mansion Murder Mystery[/SIZE][/B]."

The contestants looked at each other quite baffled.

"This is where you're heading, kupo", Mog said and a picture appeared to the screen behind him.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/place-mansion.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

"Something awful has happened at the Maniac Mansion. The owner's son's hamster has been found brutally murdered! Poor thing, kupo..."

"But now its up to you to solve the murder mystery. The team who does that within the given time is obviously the winner, kupo! But before you go, let's see the suspects."

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-hamster.gif[/IMG] This is the poor [B]hamster[/B] that lost it's life in such a kuporrible way. RIP.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-ed.gif[/IMG] This is the owner of the hamster, [B]Weird Ed Edison[/B], son of Dr. Edison and a militant psychopath.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-fred.gif[/IMG] This is [B]Dr. Fred Edison[/B], owner of the Maniac Mansion and your resident mad scientist.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-edna.gif[/IMG] This is Dr. Edison's Wife, [B]Nurse Edna Edison[/B], whose treatments aren't as helpful as they are deadly.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-dave.gif[/IMG] This is [B]Dave Miller[/B], an average guy who came to the Mansion with a bunch of friends in search of his kidnapped girlfriend.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-sandy.gif[/IMG] This is [B]Sandy Pantz[/B], the aforementioned girlfriend who has been kidnapped by Dr. Edison for unknown experiments.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-razor.gif[/IMG] This is [B]Razor[/B], the brash lead singer of a punk band and one of Dave's companions.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-bernard.gif[/IMG] This is [B]Bernard Bernoulli[/B], the geekiest geek in the neighborhood, also a friend of Dave's. He's excellent at fixing stuff.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-syd.gif[/IMG] This is [B]Syd[/B], another musician in Dave's gang. He's more of a wannabe than a pro, though.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-wendy.gif[/IMG] This is another of Dave's friends called [B]Wendy[/B]. She's a nosey journalist for the school paper.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-michael.gif[/IMG] This is [B]Michael[/B], who also works for the school paper, but unlike Wendy he is a photographer.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-jeff.gif[/IMG] Last member of Dave's bunch of rag-tag friends is [B]Jeff Woodie[/B]. He's just a dopey surfer, so he's not a suitable suspect for the murder... isn't he?

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-ted.gif[/IMG] This is [B]Dead Cousin Ted[/B], one of the Edisons. But... he's dead, kupo! Could've done it, though.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-gt.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-pt.gif[/IMG] These are the [B]Green Tentacle[/B] and the [B]Purple Tentacle[/B], residents of the Maniac Mansion. One of them's utterly evil, but I can't remember which one, kupo...

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/ManiacMansion/mansion-chuck.gif[/IMG] Last and least, this is [B]Chuck the Plant[/B]. 'Nuff said, kupo.

"So, which suspect did it? Who commited the heinous murder of a beloved pet? It's up to you to figure out, Survivors. The teleporters will take you to the mansion."

"Teams, kupo? [I]Game On[/I]!"
[/FONT]

[color=#333333]The heroes were the first to enter the strange mansion. Crash opened the door and stepped inside, with the rest following behind. Except Mario. Kuja looked back at the plumber who was now twiddling his thumbs and staring at the ground.

"What's the matter, Mario? We have a challenge to get to!" said Kuja. Concerned, Crash walked over and patted Mario's shoulder.

"You scared?" he asked bluntly. Mario slowly nodded shyly and looked at his anxious team.

"I-a have bad experience with mansions. The-a last time I-a wandered into-a one, my-a brother Luigi had to come-a get me." Mario told them. Shadow sighed and picked up Mario, throwing him into the haunted house. He clapped his hands together and walked inside.

"Problem solved." he stated. The rest of the heroes walked back inside and shut the door behind them. Mario, still a bit frightened, stood up straight and walked behind Kuja.

"So, where to first?" asked Kuja from the front of the line. Crash shrugged and Shadow answered with 'Dunno'.

Mario pointed to a door that was to their left, and noted that it was the brightest room they could see. Although the lights kept flashing. The team agreed to go there and slowly creaked open the door that had been left ajar.

Mario's eyes widened and one of the Heroes screamed, most likely Kuja, for inside the laboratory was [b]Dr. Fred Edison[/b], operating on [b]Sandy Pantz[/b]. The Doctor was very surprised by the Heroes visit and grinned innocently, it was him who had screamed.

He threw a large white blanket over Sandy and put some tools away. "Does it kill you to knock first?!" he yelled. He pulled out several chairs and a bench for the Heroes and himself to sit on.

"That teddy bear told me I would be getting some investigators. I s'pose that's you guys. Go ahead, sit down." Mario took note that when he said 'down' he pronounced it 'doon'. The heroes took their seats, not sure how the interview would go with the crazy scientist.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Crash looked warily at the crazy scientist. Crash wouldn't trust anything he had to say, that's for sure. I mean, the guy was practically blue! A sure sign of untrustiworthiness. Or something.

Shadow had taken the lead questioner position.

"Buddy, give it up, we know that you did it. There is no use lying to us, we have witnesses, videotapes, confessions! You're in a helluva position, because soon you'll be locked up scumbag. There is no going back from what you've done. [i]We know that you killed that hamster![/i]"

The scientists just sat there, his mouth open wide with surprise. 'This is it!' thought Crash, 'we've got him already!'.

"I have no idea what on Earth you're talking about m'boy" said the scientist, looking entirely dumbfounded "I haven't even seen that hamster for weeks. Sure, he always usd to sneak in here and disrupt my experiements, but I never wanted to kill him! Well, not for long anyway. I generally got over it quickly. I never actually [i]did[/i] anything about it. I'm a scientist, not a murderer!"

Here he paused, and turned on his chair, pulling a sheet over something in a box.

"Err, was that an arm in there?" Kuja asked, looking slightly green around the gills.

"Eh, what did you say? No harm in your hair, couldn't agree more." said the mad scientist, his eyes looking slightly desperate.

Suddenly Shadow, who had been standing very quietly since the scientist had refuted his accusations, said "Leave him alone fella's. He is innocent." He then pointed accusingly at the table with the sheet draped over it "It was this girl! I know it! We have evidence, witnesses, confessions!" he yelled.

From under the sheet came a muffled sob.[/size]

[size=1]Of course, at this point Shadow was so desperate to win a challenge that he was practically accusing everyone and everything in sight.

[b]"We know you did it, girl!" [/b]he shouted, ignoring the sobs from underneath the sheet. He ripped it off and yelled some more, something about slapping the girl until her hair fell out.

[b]"Stop accusing her," [/b]said the Dr Edison, [b]"She's just my lab experiment. I need to find out how quickly hair grows back once pulled out by the roots."

"Why do you need to find that out?" [/b]asked Crash, vaguely disgusted by the scientist, who merely shrugged.

[b]"It seemed like the sensible thing to do. What?" [/b]he questioned, seeing that most of the team were giving him rather odd looks, [b]"Hello? Mad scientist? Does crazy not factor into the equation?"

[/b]Shadow shrugged and turned back to the girl on the table, who, fortunately, hadn't had her hair ripped out yet.

[b]"Tell us everything you know! Where were you on the night of the murder?" [/b]Shadow yelled, spouting every detective-movie cliche he could find in his average-sized brain.

[b]"I was here," [/b]replied the girl between gasping sobs, [b]"I was right here on this table. That nice scientist man was using me to test which chocoloate tasted the best, and now you come with your bloody yelling and...and...and scared me!"

"Is this true, Dr Edison?" [/b]the hedgehog-turned-detective asked, [b]"Was this girl here on the night of the murder?"

"Yes, she was, and I have a photgraph of her here reading yesterday's newspaper to prove it," [/b]replied Edison, holding out a conveniently placed photograph.

[b]"You have a picture of her? Coincidence? I think not!" [/b]said Shadow, looking into the distance. Crash looked from him back to the others and shrugged, leading them out of the laboratory. Shadow looked around and noticed that no-one was looking at him, then slumped out of the room.
[/size]

[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Seeing as they'd lost the last two challenges, Mog had allowed the Iron Fists to enter the Maniac Mansion first. There was enraged shouting issuing from a side room as Xiaoyu poked her head around the massive front door.

[b]"Umm ... let's not get under their feet, 'kay?" [/b]she suggested, not wanting to feel any wrath off Shadow. [b]"This place is spooky..."

[/b]The rest of the Golden Lotuses filed into the grand entrance hall. Doors lined both walls, and a magnificent, if crumbly-looking, curved staircase led up to the first floor.

[b]"Pick a door, any door," [/b]commented Lara dryly.

[b]"Well, that one looks like a good place to start," [/b]said Ada, pointing to a door on the right side of the hall. It was cordoned off with black-and-yellow striped police tape. [b]"Scene of the crime, anyone?"

[/b]As the Lotuses ducked one by one under the flimsy barrier, Xiaoyu caught something out of the corner of her eye. Something green and slimy, slithering and disappearing into an air vent. She yelped.

[b]"What is it?" [/b]asked Samus, pausing in mid-duck.

[b]"Something icky!" [/b]Xiaoyu exclaimed, unhelpfully. [b]"It went in the vent!"

"A clue?" [/b]suggested Yuna.

[b]"One thing at a time, ladies," [/b]Ada advised. [b]"This is definitely our hamster's last known whereabouts..."

[/b]The door led to the kitchen. The black-and-white marble flagstones and oak worktops were offset by shiny white modern appliances; a fridge-freezer, a dishwasher, a microwave, its door swinging eerily open and shut ... and a white china plate, covered in breadcrumbs and bloodstains...

[b]"Eeeeewwwwww!" [/b]shrieked Xiaoyu, summing up in a sound what all the Heroines were feeling.

[b]"Keep it down, you're putting me off my breakfast," [/b]said a nasal voice. Ada and Samus both levelled their guns at the kitchen table, where a pallid blue figure in camouflage fatigues sat eating Wheatos with a combat knife.

[b]"What are you doing here?" [/b]demanded Samus, her arm-cannon whining. [b]"This is a murder scene!"

"Well I didn't kill it," [/b]he replied irritably around a mouthful of cereal. [b]"I'm Ed Edison, it was MY hamster, why would I kill it?"

[/b]Hesitantly, Samus and Ada lowered their weapons. The knife looked dangerous, but Weird Ed didn't seem at all threatening. Probably not a suspect - but as the hamster's owner, a valuable person to question.

[b]"When did you last see -" [/b]Ada began, holstering her pistol, but Weird Ed cut her off.

[b]"Although," [/b]he continued, ignoring the fact that Ada had even spoken, [b]"it DID live in my room, so it saw all the blueprints for Project Utter Devastation - and that kid, Miller! The Miller kid, with his WEIRD friends! Couldn't let it tell them my plans, oh no no no ..."

[/b]Xiaoyu walked up to Ed and rapped her knuckles against his forehead. The sound was hollow, and he just kept on saying [b]"no no no"[/b] over and over again. One of his eyes was rolling from side to side.

As one, the Heroines looked at each other and shrugged.[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]Lara groaned inwardly as she watched the obviously unhinged young man at the kitchen table. Hamster deaths aside, it was clear that this gentleman had some major mental issues. Walking carefully around the seated form of Ed, Lara moved closer to the bloodstained plate. Peering intently at the crumbs and the spatters of blood Lara frowned and turned back to her colleuges.

[B]"I think its safe to assume how our victim exited this world." [/B] Lara spoke softly but surely, indicating the plate and the slowly swinging door of the microwave. A small collective shudder ran through the group.

[B]"But who would eat a hamster! Thats just disgusting!" [/B] Xiaoyu's high voice becoming impossibly higher as she voiced her abhorrence. Suddenly Ed, who had stilled from his rocking at the table, jumped up grasping the bloodstained plate with both hands.

[B]"My beloved hamster!" [/B] he shrieked, a mad glint shining in his wide eyes. Hugging what remained of his pet close to his chest Ed began to mutter darkly. [B]"We can rebuild him, stronger, faster, more hamstery...we have the technology...oh yes."[/B] Grinning like the mad man he was, the youth tore out of the kitchen, ripping through the police tape as he went. Several of the Golden Lotuses dove out his path, unable to retrieve the evidence without losing body parts.

[B]"Well there goes the evidence." [/B] Ada muttered, watching the retreating figure of Ed Edison as he shot off towards his fathers lab.

[B]"Not all of it,"[/B] Krystal's quiet voice piped up from her position next to the microwave. [B]"Look at this." [/B] The Heroines gathered round the fox, looking closely at what she had discovered. A small piece of purple skin, mingled with bloody crumbs had attatched itself to the counter. Grinning Lara hugged Krystal tightly around the shoulders.

[B]"Great job! I bet this is more than what the boys have got." [/B] The purple skin on the counter gave a small twitch. Lara simply stared and took a small step back.[B] "And on that note...lets get out of this room."[/B]

Its safe to say such an opinion was held by the silent majority.[/SIZE]

[b][size=1]"Why did you do it, plant?" [/size][/b][size=1]Shadow yelled, pointing accusingly at a pot plant, [b]"Why did you kill the hamster?"

"Shadow," [/b]said Crash witheringly, [b]"That's a pot plant. It's less likely to have done it than that carpet you were accusing five minutes ago."

"Oh. Right," [/b]said the hedgehog, [b]"Well, have you managed to get any information?"

"Well, Kuja was listening in on the girls when they were in the kitchen," [/b]replied Crash, [b]"And he heard that the hamster was put in the microwave. And some creepy kid wanted to put him back together."

"Ok, so we have a lead, even if we didn't get it entirely fairly," [/b]said Shadow, with a shrug, [b]"We need to find someone else to accuse...I mean question."

"Well, how about him?" [/b]asked Crash, pointing to a nerdy looking kid who was wondering around the lower floor. Shadow ran over to him and smacked him to the floor, smashing his calculator.

[b]"Where were you on the night of the murder?" [/b]he shouted, [b]"Where were you!" [/b]He began to slap the nerd viciously round the face, until he cried out, between gasping sobs:

[b]"I was fixing the microwave! Something had happened to it, and it was broken! I was asked to fix it!"

"Who asked you to fix the microwave, boy?" [/b]said Shadow, raising his hand again.

[b]"Razor! The girl in some punk band, a friend of Dave's!"

"Who's Razor? Who's Dave?" [/b]shouted Shadow, getting a little caught up in the moment.

[b]"We know who they are, Shadow," [/b]said Crash, [b]"Mog introduced them to us, remember?"

"Oh. Yeah, I remember," [/b]said Shadow, getting up off the kid, and helping him to his feet, [b]"Thanks, Bernard."

"No problem," [/b]stammered the nerd, straightening his glasses.

[b]"I guess-a we need to find-a this Razor-a, then," [/b]said Mario, bouncing off in the opposite direction. The rest of the ragtag group of detectives followed.
[/size]

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna gaped after Ed as he ran away with the remains of his half eaten, dead pet hamster. Her hands were always ready at her guns in case she needed them quickly, this challenge was extremely strange and creepy.

She got closer to the counter top and looked at the sometimes moving, purple skin, they backed out of the crime scene and looked about the hall. There was plenty of places where they could go, the mansion was huge.

They heard many different curious sounds, some of them that they didn't want to know about. Yuna pulled out her guns and felt the cool metal in her grip, she told herself it was to protect the others in case anything happened, it was more for her own peace of mind.

[B]"Let's try upstairs."[/B] Yuna suggested.

The other nodded, they started up the creaky staircase. She didn't know about the others but Yuna was trying to tread as carefully as possible, she was paranoid the stairs were going to collapse beneath her and drop her to depths unknown.

But as predicted, at the next step a large part of the old wood gave out and she fell through, rolling as she hit the ground to minimize the damage. Yuna got up and grabbed her guns from the floor, craning her neck upwards to look for the others.

She grinned at the rest of her team mates, they were crowded around the hole and were peering into the darkness for Yuna. She waved at them, she had no idea what part of the house it was, but the ground was concrete. She felt carefully at the walls, they were rough brick, and there was a window with iron bars. She was in a prison cell or dungeon. Yuna tugged on the bars, trying to free herself.

Yuna ran her hands along the bricks, there had to be a way out, or what kind of game was it. She touched the brick under one of the other windows and she noticed it felt different. Yuna put pressure against it and it moved in. The door sprung open with a slight creak. She let go and ran for the door on the other side but it slowly closed in a few moments. Yuna made a noise of frustration and pushed the brick again, this time she skid one of her guns and jammed the door.

She ran over and opened the door wider before picking up her gun and stepping through, but she still held the door so it didn't close shut. She saw something move and gulped, it was wriggling, and part of it moved into the light, it was purple.....like the skin on the counter...

[B]"Guys! I think you should get down here, now!"[/B] she called to them, levelling the gun in her right hand, ready to fire if it was needed.[/COLOR]

[color=#503f86]"This is the worst mansion I've ever been in," Krystal groaned, lowering herself into the hole Yuna had made. She landed deftly on the concrete ground, closely followed by Samus, Xiayou, Lara and Ada. They rushed to the door, weapons at the ready, as they faced the creature that stood ahead of them.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"Hello," it squelched. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"[/color]

[color=#503f86]Disbelief spread through the Heroines at the weird mass's politeness.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"We-we're conducting a murder investigation," Krystal stammered. "Can you help us with our enquiries?"[/color]

[color=#503f86]The purple mass made some rather disgusting noises in reply, then turned (or appeared to change shape) in the direction of the darkness beyond.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"Sir?" Lara called after it. There was a brief exchange of questioning looks, then the group burst ahead to surround the purple object, who spurted in alarm and twitched in jerky, panicked movements.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"Purple Tentacle, am I right?" Ada hissed, point her gun directly at its... tentacle.[/color]

[color=#503f86]Purple Tentacle tentacled rudely back at her. "What if I am? What is it to you? Who are you? Are you after my plant?"[/color]

[color=#503f86]"We're asking the questions, Tentacle!" Lara yelled in an effort to get the frenzied creature to shut up. It was clear who the bad cops and good cops were in the Heroines' team.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"Do you know anything about the death of Dr Edison's hamster?" Samus asked pressingly.[/color]

[color=#503f86]Purple shook his tentacle. "I don't know anything about his hamster. I don't get my food from the kitchen."[/color]

[color=#503f86]Krystal lunged upon his statement. "So you do eat hamsters, then?"[/color]

[color=#503f86]"What? No, I don't! I just know he kept it in the kitchen, that's all. He's always talking about it, stupid bloody idiot. He said it liked to watch him make dinner for and out of all the guests he brings home. I couldn't care less for that dead family up there, so why would I bother myself with killing his pet?"[/color]

[color=#503f86]"But if you hate them so vehemently," Yuna pitched in, "what would be the better crime to get back at him?"[/color]

[color=#503f86]Purple Tentacle writhed in agony at their piercing accusations. "Stop being so accusatory! I don't leave the dungeon, you can't prove I did and [i]I'm not letting you take my plant away from me![/i]"[/color]

[color=#503f86]With that, the creature (or bit of creature) burst through the gap between Krystal and Xiayou and disappeared into the dim darkness of the dungeon.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"Well, I think we've found our prime suspect," Ada mused, twirling her gun around her index finger.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"Should we follow him?" Krystal asked, attaching her Staff to her backpack.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"We-"[/color]

[color=#503f86]A crash came from behind them. They turned to see a tray full of teacups strewn across the floor, and a petrified-looking Green tentacle shivering in their wake.[/color]

[color=#503f86]"Oh-oh dear!" it mumbled.[/color]

[Color=DarkBlue]Ada was not sure if she was more annoyed by the zombie challenge, or if this one had topped the cake. So far, now, they had met a creepy and or crazy teenager and a talking tentacle.

Ada had seen alot through Raccoon City and Spain, but the thing standing in front of her took the cake. It was another tentacle, but green. It also seemed to be polite. Ada was not sure which was worse. It was then that Ada noticed the voice in her back pocket.

"The Green Tentacle, the better of the two tentacles. This tentacle is polite and likes making food. It also plays maid for Purple and Chuck when they..." The Pokedex chirped from Ada's back pocket.

"OH HELL NO!" Ada shouted, grabbing at the imaginary pocket.

"Oh yes." The Pokedex said smugly.

Ada could have killed the poor Tentacle standing there as he quietly mumbled, "C-cc-an I h-h-hhelp you all?"

"DID YOU KILL THE HAMPSTER?" Ada shouted at him, standing up, face to tentacle.

The rest of the team watched as the answer almost seemed whispered. Ada's voice seemed to hit the high mark as the Pokedex chirped again,

"The Green Tentacle, the nicer of the two tentacles. When under stress it sweat on its suction cups. It also likes to take things..."

"I swear to God, when I find which pocket you're hiding in, I'm going to throw you into a pool full of mechanical sharks." Ada replied; poison leaking from her every word.

She then turned to the Tentacle, "So, did you kill the hamster or not?"

"NO! I didn't. The plant wants his food. Bye!" The tentacle exclaimed, slithering away quickly.

The group stood there, staring at Ada for a second.

"Ada, well, let's get out of the dungeon." Yuna said nervously.

"Yeah, we need to question some other people before we get a good idea, although I have an idea or two." Samus replied grimly.

"Let's go." Ada fumed.

Ada stomped off and the entire group behind her busted out laughing. They had never seen Ada like this bad, it was too funny not to laugh.

"Well, Sandy, we'd better stop what we're doing before they walk in on us." A male voice breathed.

"But Doctor, you need to finish your work!" The female voice replied.

"No, it?s too important to lose to the meddling detectives." The voice responded.

Ada, who had found the door while stomping, decided to open it at this time while the others were still lagging behind.

"HAHA! You killed the hamster, didn't you! And Sandy! You're sleeping with the doctor, aren't you?" Ada shouted, laughing maniacally.

The others ran up behind Ada and could only gasp at what they saw.[/color]

[b][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]"What?" [/font][/color][/b][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]demanded Dr Edison as he vacuumed more hamsters off Sandy's prostrate form. [b]"No, seriously, what are you all gawping at?"

"Where do I start?" [/b]wondered Ada helplessly.

[b]"Where'd all the hamsters come from?" [/b]asked Xiaoyu, still dumbfounded. It was the first question that came into her head.

[b]"Cloned them, of course," [/b]replied the mad scientist haughtily. [b]"For my experiment. I needed to find out how the body responds to continuous and sustained tickling, and obviously, the easiest way to do that is to cover the test subject in hamsters!"

[/b]One of his eyes was rolling from side to side as he turned off the vacuum cleaner, whose dust bag was squirming. It was clear to see that Weird Ed took after his old Dad in more than just skintone.

[b]"So ... he probably didn't kill the hamster, then," [/b]inferred Yuna slowly, ignoring the Doctor and talking to her fellow Heroines.

[b]"Unless he didn't want anyone else repeating his experiment!" [/b]Edison butted in, cackling.

[b]"Oh, now you're just confusing the issue," [/b]complained Krystal.

[b]"My brain hurts!" [/b]declared Xiaoyu, desperately trying to keep track of the many leads, clues and red herrings they'd turned up in the course of the investigation.

[b]"Well, Purple Tentacle mentioned a plant," [/b]mused Samus, [b]"so, since we're not getting anywhere here, maybe that's the best lead to follow - "

[/b]She was cut off by the door at the other end of the lab slamming open. People started to pour through; Xiaoyu couldn't remember most of their names from Mog's briefing, but she vaguely remembered lumping a lot of suspects together as "Dave's gang" and figured this must be it.

[b]"Halt!" [/b]yelled Yuna, Ada and Samus, all pointing weapons at the unruly bunch of teenagers.

[b]"Out of our way!" [/b]ordered the ringleader - Dave? - a boy in a blue jacket and a hat. [b]"We're going to lynch Purple Tentacle!"

"Why?" [/b]demanded Samus. The impassive armoured suit made it easy for her to play Bad Cop.

[b]"Wendy says -"

"I saw it eating the hamster!" [/b]declared Wendy. [b]"And Michael caught it on film!"

[/b]One of the group - he was carrying a camera on a cord around his neck - handed Xiaoyu a Polaroid photo. The Heroines gathered around. The shot was blurred, and contained a lot of purple, but it was fairly clear that -

[b]"Ick," [/b]observed Xiaoyu as the team withdrew from the photo in revulsion. [b]"I guess I've got to keep this as evidence..."

"So let us through and we'll lynch it!" [/b]reiterated Dave.

[b]"Don't listen to them!" [/b]shrieked Sandy suddenly, snapping upright off the operating table. [b]"Wendy's in league with the Illuminati! She's trying to pin the murder on the Catholics! And Syd's on crack, don't trust a word he says - "

"Time for your anaesthetic, dear," [/b]declared Dr Edison, producing a mallet. As she lead the way back to Purple's lair, holding the photo out between finger and thumb like a pongy sock, Xiaoyu was actually relieved to hear the dull [i]thwock [/i]sound.

[b]"You guys talk to the Tentacle," [/b]she insisted. [b]"My brain hurts and everything's icky - if I look at it I might be sick - " [/b]She paused as her foot touched something low down on the ground. [b]"Who left this plant here?"[/b]
[/font][/color]

[Color=DarkBlue]Ada started to take off with the others, but the thought of leaving Xiayou alone did not stomach well for her. That, and the possibility that the Purple Tentacle could want revenge for the incident earlier with the Green one.

Ada explained her concern to the others and turned around. She briskly walked back to Xiayou who had just found the plant. Ada walked up and Xiayou held it up smiling. "Look what I found to take back with us!"

"Ling, that's Chuck the Plant. He's one of the suspects." Ada responded flatly.

It was then the Pokedex decided to chime in, "Chuck the Plant, A Potted Plant. Chuck loves both tentacles and loves to exploit them. He's even gotten Purple into spiked high heels..."

Ada sat down and let out a sob. The Pokedex was just going to annoy her until she was deleted and she had no other option. Damn thing.

"Chuck, what happened to the hamster?" Ada asked, hoping she didn't look too stupid.

Chuck rustled twice and Ada nodded. "Interesting."

Chuck rustled for a minute and Ada's eyes become like saucers. "He did what? They were..."

The potted plant had spoken, so he jumped down and walked away....somehow. Ada didn't stop to think about it as she grabbed Ada and charged down the hall.

"GUYS! I think I have the evidence we need to find the killer!" She shouted.

The others turned around and Ada, out of breath, began, "The plant, Chuck, says that Purple's not our guy! He's not our guy! He was set up!"

"Taking the plant out of the question, who could have set him up?" Samus asked.

"Beats me." Lara said.

"Who knows." Krystal replied.

"Anyone could have done it." Ling replied.

"I hate this place more than the graveyard." Ada said flatly.[/color]

[color=#503f86]There was another crash and a tray full of teacups and sandwiches lay sprawled across the floor, hot tea steaming on the stony surface. The sandwiches steamed considerably less, although gave off a rather pungent smell.

"Like, whoa, man," Surfer suspect Jeff Woodie droned. "Green was like, totally holding that tray with no arms."

Everybody's suspicious eyes cast themselves over the trembling piece of green octopus, who quivered in terror.

"Oh n-no!" it stammered. "Ha-have you c-come for l-lunch?"

"Unfortunately not," Krystal hummed, pushing one of the teacups into an upright position on the floor with her foot. "We're conducting a murder investigation. Do you happen to know who killed Dr Edison's hamster?"

The Green tentacle twitched.

"I thought you'd say that," Ada sighed in exasperation, edging away from the tea (that was looking less and less like tea every second) slowly creeping across the floor towards her.

"I-I- don't really know what..."

[i]Rustle.[/i]

A clearing formed around Chuck the Plant, who had mysteriously managed to move himself three feet forwards.

"B-but Chucky..."

[i]Rustle. Rustle?[/i]

The Green Tentacle dissolved into a fit of wobbles, as if to signify breaking down in tears. "A-alright..." it sobbed. Wiping its tentacle with its tentacle, it straightened itself and addressed the group.

"I was down in the dungeon with Purple in our flat last night; we'd been watching some theatre earlier in the day and j-just wanted to unw-wind. At some point d-during the evening h-he started getting hungry, and ordered me to-"

"STOP RIGHT THERE!"

Purple Tentacle burst into the room, his tentacle shaking with rage.

"Green, what are you doing?"

"I-I-I-I-'m t-telling them the truth," Green muttered, clearly in deep distress.

[i]Rustle.[/i]

"You!" Purple seethed. "How could you do this to him, after all we've been through? You just want to get him out of thw way, don't you? Well, I won't have it!"

[i]Rustle![/i]

"Protect [i]me[/i]? I never should have listened to you in the first place, you vile palm!"

"P-Purple, stop it!"

The rest of the room was shocked into silence. Krystal glanced round at the other Heroines. Xiayou looked as if she was about to be sick, Ada was desperately trying not to collapse into fits of hysterical laughter, Samus' visor was fogging up, Lara's expression of shocked disbelief was frightening to behold and Yuna was desperately scribbling notes on her notepad.

Green Tentacle continued, his voice (and tentacle) trembling. "...this is what I want to do."

He straightened himself again and wrung his suction cups nervously. "Purple tends to g-get rather demanding w-when he's hungry, so I had to go to the kitchen and make him a sandwich. O-on the way I bumped into Chuck, who-"

[i]Rustle!![/i]

"SILENCE!"

[i]Rus...[/i]

Green's wobbles were becoming more uncontrollable. "W-we, er... talked for some time, before I r-realised we- I had to b-be in the kitchen. I moved as f-fast as I could to get there and took our special food cage out of the c-cupboard. J-just as I did so-"

Purple squidged forward. "[i]I[/i] came in."

He paused for a second for Ada to let out a burst of derisive laughter. The stress looked to be taking its toll on her. He cleared his throat and continued, tears rolling down Ada's cheeks. "I must admit that I was rather forceful towards Green for taking so long, and I caught sight of a leaf on one of his suction cups. naturally, I was incensed at this betrayal of lyalty, and we got into a bit of a scrap. Green being moderately stronger than I am, managed to rip off a piece of my tentacle. I threatened to kill him once I got back from Dr Edison's medicine cabinet if he didn't make the sandwich, and I left."

Green wobbled even more. "O-once h-he'd gone I was in a terrible st-st-state. I m-must have got the two cages confused, and before I kn-knew it-"

Dr. Edison leapt forwards. "YOU PUT MY HAMSTER INTO A SANDWICH!"

Green dissolved into a fit of wobbling sobs. "Y-yes!"

"And I ate it." Purple concluded, not sounding particularly remorseful.

Lara shook off her shocked expression and stepped forwards. "Surely you noticed it was alive, though? Most food items don't crawl around when you take them out of the packaging."

Green paused. "Well, it wasn't moving..."[/color]

[SIZE=1]The Heroes followed a wailing guitar noise through the maze of hallways, until they arrived at the door which, hopefully, lead to the source of the disturbance. Tearing strips of curtains from the windows in the hall, they wrapped them tightly around their ears, to avoid being deafened. Appropriately enough, the next few minutes didn't make much sense to the somewhat disoriented Fists.

Shadow kicked in the door, and the team raced into the room. After all, this was a murder investigation. In the center, surrounded by a veritable [i]wall[/i] of speakers, stood what was, to be painfully truthful, a rather.... rebellious looking girl. She had a sneer that appeared practiced from years of over-use, and an agressive stance that made the backwards thinking men somewhat offput.

Not that they were that backwards thinking. Just slightly.Their defeats at the [very pretty] hands of the Lotuses were a bit of a mystery, but I digress.

She paused mid-stroke, the flame-red guitar in her hands still roaring with power.

And indeed, it was roaring. It had a mouth, though the girl seemed not to notice.

"What the hell is that?" Shadow hollered at the girl, trying to be heard over the deafening [i]echoes[/i] in the room.

"Huh?"

"Did you kill the hamster? I know you did!"

"Hey, you must be the people here for something. Did you know that a hamster died?"

"Stop fooling around, we have evidence!"

"Yes, the hamster was killed in the kitchen. How did you know?"

"How did [i]you[/i] know?"

"My name's Razor, by the way. I can't hear what you're saying too well, let's go outside."

Putting down the snarling guitar, she walked out into the corridor, followed by the Iron Fists, who slowly untied the curtain strips from around their ears.

"How can you not be deaf from all that?" Crash muttered ruefullly. He was sure his ears were bleeding.

"Oh, mama-mia!" groaned Mario, pulling his cap over his ears, which were bright red "what a terrible noise-a!"

Shadow clicked his fingers in front of Razor's face to get her attention.

"I know you killed that hamster! Now, fess up!"

"Woah, back off spiky dude!" she said "Or I'll kill you." Here she meaningfully rubbed at one of the spiky bands around her wrist.

Kuja whispered to Mario "See, violent tendencies, I think this is it."

"Anyway, you're barking up the wrong tree, it sure as hell wasn't me who killed the hamster. I love hamsters. If you ask me, it is that Dead Cousin Ted thing.... it's gross, and dead. Which seems pretty suspicious to me. Maybe he wanted a ghost hamster to keep his dead butt company, who knows? Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a jam to practice."

With that she turned her back on the Heroes, and walked back into the guitar room. Several seconds later, there was a scream and a nasty crunching sound.

"How did she not noticed that freaky mouth on the guitar?" Crash mused, as the Heroes headed downstairs to the Edison Crypt, where all good dead people should stay. Hopefully.[/size]

[size=1]Shadow leapt down the last three steps to the Crypt. He wrenched the door open and ran to the single coffin which sat in there, leaning against the opposite wall. He ran up to it and kicked it. The dorr creaked open slowly, and a heavily-bandaged man stumbled out.

[b]"Hey, who woke me up?" [/b]he said, his voice a little hoarse, [b]"I had a good nap going there!"

"I woke you up, you dead freak!" [/b]shouted Shadow, grabbing hold of the dead guy by his bandages, [b]"Why did you kill the hamster? Tell me!"

"What, Ed's hamster?" [/b]he asked, [b]"Oh, well I heard him squeaking in my sleep a couple of days ago. That's the last I saw of him. He almost woke me up. You hear, that, hedgehog? [i]Almost[/i]!"

"So, you were angry with the hamster?" [/b]asked Shadow, loosening his grip a little.

[b]"I never had time. I was asleep the whole time the thing happened," [/b]replied the dead guy.

Shadow saw, out of the corner of his eye, a splatter of blood on the bandages that wrapped the dead guy up. He put his finger in it. It was still wet.

[b]"Tell me, do you have any flesh wounds on your person?" [/b]asked Shadow, suddenly jumping to an idea.

[b]"Well, none that could let blood out. I don't have any," [/b]he added, seeing Shadow's confused expression, [b]"I guess it must be someone else's."

"It could be...or it could be hamster blood! Tell me, Dead Cousin Ted, do you have a history of sleepwalking?" [/b]said Shadow.

[b]"Not that I know of," [/b]said Ted.

[b]"Oh yes you do!" [/b]shouted a voice, croaky as though withered with the ages, [b]"You sleepwalk all the time!"

[/b]The group turned around, and saw an old lady, dressed in the old-fashioned uniform of a nurse, tottering down the stairs.

[b]"I do?" [/b]asked Ted.

[b]"Of course you do. You're a mummy, isn't that what they do?" [/b]she croaked. She held out her hand to Shadow.

[b]"Edna Edison," [/b]she said, and Shadow shook her hand. It was wrinkly. Ew.

[b]"So it could have been you sleepwalking!" [/b]shouted Shadow triumphantly, [b]"All we have to do is find out if this blood that is on your bandages is hamster blood! To the laboratory!"

[/b]Shadow grabbed Cousin Ted and slung him over his shoulder, and marched back up the stairs. The rest of the group shrugged, and followed him, with Edna taking the rear.
[/size]

[color=#333333]As the group marched up the stairs to the laboratory, Mario slowly put together the pieces of this horiffic puzzle. Just nearing the laboratory, Mario had come to his conclusion. He thought he had figured it out. But he wanted to make sure, so while the fists handed a blood sample to the evil scientist and awaited the results, the plumber quickly thought up the answer to his one big problem.

"I have the results!" yelped the eager doctor. He rushed into the waiting room with a singular piece of paper. "The results say.. the blood belongs to none other than the Hamster!"

"How do you know?!" yelled Kuja. The doctor smirked and explained. "Why, the blood is the same colour, it must be the same person!"

The whole team sighed and Mario spoke up. "Allow-a to explain a bit-a better. I have come-a to a conclusion. A conclusion so terrifying-a that you will-a shriek at it's-a terrifying... ness." Mario trotted over to the mummy man and wiped some blood onto his own finger.

"This blood, in fact, does not-a belong to the Hamster. For it-a could not, the Hamster-a, as we heard, was killed in the-a microwave and therefore all of its blood-a would have been [I]contained[/I] in the microwave. Not splattering onto our dead-a friend.

"So, I am-a saying... this Hamster was-a not murdered!" everyone gasped and whispered to eachother, confused. "That's-a right. I-a noticed that when Shadow-a here pushed our nerdy friend-a onto the floor, that there were-a no addition or subtraction-a buttons on the calculator. Meaning it-a wasn't a calculator at-a all." When Mario had finished that sentence, Bernard had just wondered in. He cleared his throat and confessed.

"Mhm, that's right. It is a Remote Control for the micro.. wave..." he stopped and Mario continued.

"That's-a right! And Bernard, where-a did you find this controller?" asked Mario. Bernard spoke slowly, careful not to studder.

"Well, I found it when I was fixing the microwave of course. It was inside." Bernard seemed a bit confused. But Mario went on, anyways.

"Exactly-a! That is-a because the [i]hamster-a[/i] had-a [i]used[/i] it, to [i]kill himself[/i]!" Everyone in the room gasped once again and looked at eachother. The Iron Fists smiled and nodded at Mario, pleased with his accusation.

Crash concluded Mario's long speech with a short ending statement. "So, it's settled. The Hamster commited suicide."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503F86]"I can field that question." Dr Edison stepped forward again, so that he was almost out of the room now.

"I had given my hamster a new performance drug that would amplify his hamster qualities; unfortunately this proved to amplify not only those behaviours that made him a hamster, but also those behaviours that made him less hamster beforehand, making him the epitome of his ENTIRE SPECIES! When he slept, he slept POWERFULLY, and when he moved, he moved WITH THE QUALITY OF SEVEN HAMSTERS!"

Ada twitched. "So, you drugged him as part of an experiment, Green put him inside a sandwich which Purple then ate. The only one with real malicious intent to kill him was Purple, who, although perhaps not knowing it, did so by eating him."

Yuna tapped her pencil on her notepad. "So, I think it's safe to conclude that Purple is guilty of the actual murder, but he was assisted by both Dr Edison and Green as a result of unfortunate, accidental circumstances."

Krystal scratched her ears thoughtfully. "Doesn't that make it manslaughter instead?"

A grim silence collapsed over the room. Feeling very self-conscious, Krystal retracted her statement.

"Never mind."[/COLOR]

[FONT=Century Gothic]After both teams had brought their investigations to conclusion, they returned to the CPU to tell the results to Mog the Moogle.

"We are sure-a, that the hamster committed a suicide-a by using a remote control for the microwave!" Mario announced.

"Well, we followed the leads that indicate that the final act was done by the Purple Tentacle" Ada said.

"Kupopo, very interesting... Very different results you both had... But only the other team was correct, and they were... [COLOR=Gold]The Heroines of the Golden Lotus[/COLOR], winning for the third time in a row, kupo!"

"Mamma mia, this is like-a the Adventurers all over again-a!" Mario sighed, slapping his forehead.

"Well, [COLOR=Gray]Heroes of the Iron Fists[/COLOR], you know very well what this means for you, kupo. Once again somebody is getting deleted."

"Before we get anymore maniac around here, kupo, it's time to vote."

One by one, the Heroes - Mario, Shadow, Kuja and Crash - went to give their votes, and once they all had done so, Mog went to tally the result.

"Kupo, the ninth person deleted from the OtakuBoards Survivor is..."

[CENTER][B]Kuja[/B]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/delete-Kuja.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

"Oh noes! Is this the end of my fabulousness?!" Kuja howled as his form slowly dissipated. "Oh well, I just can't seem to ever win..."

"Now that's out of the way, kupo, you three can return to your lodge to wait for the last challenge as two teams. But remember, [I]Game On![/I]"
[/FONT]