OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! <PG>

Sandy

[size=1]Lara, Pacman and Crash stood, dumbfounded, as a whooping Fox flew through the air, destroying the flagpole, before landing on, and squishing, his mount.

Crash high-fived Fox.

"That was some aerial stunt there mate!" Crash hollered. On the ground behind Fox, Lara was holding her sides with laughter. The four of them then decided that they couldn't afford to wait for the others. They needed to find more mushrooms.

Moving through the green pipe ahead, they suddenly found themselves in a world which seemingly existed as a series of brick columns of varying widths and heights. It was like some kind of ancient ruin, as the bricks were encrusted with moss and straggly grass. But it didn't really remind Crash of the temple levels he was used to. Perhaps it was the brightness, he decided.

Crash partnered up with Fox, and progressed into the level in another direction to the others. As they leapt over gaps where the blue sky was their only carpet for miles down, the pressure began to show. It was worse than the interminable pits that Crash was used to, because if you looked down, you could actually see the ground.

Between the gaps in the clouds, that is. If you looked, the vertigo was so intense that... you couldn't stand it. Nonetheless, it gave the both of them great joy to punt the red turtles off the edge of the platforms.

It was a bandicoot eat turtle world after all.

As Crash and Fox cleaned off another platform, Fox espied a mushroom racing along a higher platform. As it was his call, Fox chased after it, and left Crash to continue working his way through the world. Crash leapt up to another platform, jumping and flipping onto and over two of the brown mushroomy things. The toothy ones.

As he scanned ahead from his vantage point, at the end of a moving platform he glimpsed what he thought was a box. And about damn time too! It was the first one he had seen since they came through the pipe.

Taking a running jump, he leapt for the platform. Landing with an *ahem* crash, he flipped forward and destroyed the box. Holding aloft his prize with all the passion of a boxer, he again, began to grow.

Turning around, he was about to proceed further on when he saw Shadow up ahead.

"I guess Krystal and Shadow did get through then."[/size]

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't take long for CJ to reach World 1-4. With his increased size, it was easy for him to leap from platform to platform. Inside the massive dank castle, he drucked and jumped over mysteriously frozen strands of fire. "Na how da hell dis shit happen. Musta been techno-bitch."

CJ could hear Ada's voice yelling from far away, "I HEARD THAT YOU PIG!"

"Shit," he mumbled to himself, praying for releif from another slap.

Soon, Carl reached a long wooden bridge over a vast lava pit. Once across it, he found a small brown axe oddly floating in the air. "Nice, dis shit looks ol as hell. Probly worth some surious green." CJ reached down to picked up the axe, but oddly enough it disappeared as soon as he touched it. Looking around to find were it might have gone, he noticed that the bridge too had colapsed into the lava. "Damn, I feel like Blackiana Jones," he joked to himself.

Continueing on, he passed by a small mushroom headed man, shouting something about a princess. Carl figured it was just some cracked out midget and continued on. Outside the castle, CJ found a world similar to the one his team had arrived in. Only this one was far more heavily populated with creatures. Walking mushrooms, flying turtles, and giant man eating plants as for as far as he could see. "Mutha *#$&@, whoeva made up dis place musta been cracked out de mind."

"Oh, I donno, I think it's kind of nice," came a familiarly computerized voice from behind him, "Especially after some of the places I've been too." CJ spun around as quickly as he could, pulling out his AK only to find himself pointing it at the chest of Samus. He could see she was chuckling inside her armored suit. "What are you gonna do with that?" she asked, "Scratch my paint job?"

CJ lowered the barrel of his gun, happy to see a familiar face, but still focused on the task at hand. "Yeah? You sould see Los Santos in da summa. Smog makes fo some #@*#in pretty ass sunsets an $#!^. But lets finish dis job first. I say clear a path through these lil #(@&as, den find dem damn shrooms." Samus nodded in respose, holding up her arm cannon. With a smile, CJ wiped out his chainsaw, it's engine reving to life. "Yeah, dis gonna be fun."

What followed afterwords is to gruseum for human beings to comprehend. So just sit back in your computer chain and put on some easy listening for a while. Than have someone hit you in the nuts with a 4 iron, then you will know the pain unleashed by Samus and CJ that day.

As the dust settled, little was left of the once vibrant world. In some spots, the very pixels of the clouds had been shattered, smashed into tiny bits of codeing on the ground. The world was almost completely barren, save for a few boxes left floating in the air. "Aite, ona des shits must have a shroom." With a quick smack from his massive hand, one of the boxes turned from brick to steel, and a red mushroom sproated from the top. CJ quickly grabbed the fungus and scarfed it down, growing another six feet into the air. "No dats what I'm talkin bout. Not even Shaq could stop my giant ass now." He joked as he and Samus continued through world 2.

[SIZE=1]Lara jogged briskly in order to catch up with Krystal and Shadow, who had somehow inexplicably gotten ahead of them. Slowing to a stop she waved at the female fox, flashing a grin as she noticed their equal height.

[B]"I see you've had some luck in the mushroom department then," [/B] Krystal smiled at Lara's returning enthusiasm and nodded brightly.

[B]"Yes, though I'm curious to know how you ended up behing Shadow and I?" [/B] Krystal indicated to herself and the dark hedgehog, who was by now tapping his sneaker clad foot impatiently on the ground. Lara frowned and scratched her head, looking back the way she had came and then looking forward through the level.

[B]"I have absolutely no idea. I'm trying not to think about it too much, its giving me a monster of a headache."[/B] Lara rubbed her forehead as if to illustrate her point.

Shadow huffed and made fleeing motions with his arms.

[B]"Yes, great, wonderful! Now could we please get going those mushrooms aren't going to pick themselves ladies!" [/B] Seeing no positive reaction from either of the girls Shadow threw his arms up in the air in an extravigantly annoyed gesture before speeding off.

Lara hid her blossoming smile behind her hand as she watched the tempestuous hedgehog speed off into the distance. Tapping Krystal on the shoulder she urged her companion onwards.

[B]"Come on, I promise I won't leave you alone with that maniac again." [/B] Stepping forward Lara failed to notice the snapping plant that resided in a hole in the ground before her. As it snapped at her foot Lara's entire body began to flash. Letting out a startled cry Lara fell backwards, lashing out at the plant with her free foot, disposing of it in a puff of smoke. Krystal dashed towards her companion, her staff ready to fend off any other enemies that happened to be nearby.

[B]"Lara! Are you alright?" [/B] Blinking slowly Lara raised herself up into a sitting position, looking up in time to see a flashing mushroom decending slowly towards her. Reaching out she grabbed the mushroom, once again feeling the change that came from touching the exotic plant.

"Yeah...I'm fine, but where did that mushroom come from?" Krystal shrugged before looking up in the direct the mushroom had fallen from.

[B]"There!" [/B] Krystal shouted, pointing with her staff. Lara followed her line of sight, her eyes coming to rest on a now empty floating box, surrounded by a variety of numbers. [B]"I think it came from there when you were hit." [/B] Lara rubbed her head as she clambered to her feet.

[B]"Well fancy that. All this time looking for mushrooms and there was one hanging right above my head the entire time."[/B][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#841a35]Kuja giggled softly as Mario blushed a little after seeing the damage he caused to a poor creature. The fact that said creature had just been handling a bomb w2ith such a carefree nature did not, obviously, bother Kuja in the slightest. He just smiled. He always smiled.

[B]"I wonder where that Sora boy is."[/B] Kuja said, more to himself than Mario. The plumber shrugged and dusted off his overalls before continuing on his way.

Kuja, after a moment of staring into space, also shrugged and followed Mario. He figured the little man would know more about this world than he did, and seeing as Kuja wasn't too keen on learning new things, figured that the easiest thing to do would be follow someone who knew what they were doing.

He'd slipped out of Trance mode a while ago; it seemed to make Mario go a funny shade of grey.

Kuja then, most unfortunately, encountered something that he had never wanted to. A large group of koopas. On top of each other. Mario stopped and cocked his head to the side. Kuja felt ill, he assumed they were mating.

[B]"Eh-a, looks like there-a might have been-a some fighting here."[/B]
[B]
"Is that why they're..." [/B] Kuja tried to bring himself to say it, "[B]Propagating?"[/B]

Mario stared and then laughed, shaking his head. [B]"No, no, they seem to be climbing over themselves to get away from us. I can't imagine we'd be very welcome if someone has just come through here and destroyed many of them."[/B]

[B]"Ah, yes..." [/B] Kuja was relieved. Now he could kill things to prove it. He smiled and cracked his knuckles, walking over to the koopa who promptly fell over themselves to try and escape. He blinked and stepped forward again and few of the little turtles even went so far as the throw themselves down onto other paths, chancing the fact that they may just missed solid ground. Kuja giggled, more menacingly than before, and then remembered his company. He settled for a dark chuckle.

[B]"Eh, Kuja!" [/B] the one addressed turned to Mario, "[B]One of the koopa must-a had a mushroom!"[/B] he pointed a gloved finger to a box on the platform below. Kuja smiled and jumped down, hitting the mushroom as he went, and shooting up once more. He butted his nose against the box opposite and a coin fell on his head.

[B]"Oof..."[/B] was all he could manage.[/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS][color=Purple][b]"Adaa~aa!" [/b]yelled Xiaoyu from the blue-bricked box she'd fallen into. [b]"I think I found a ... a secret area or something!"

[/b]There was a sound of yelling which grew louder until Ada plummeted from the same hole in the ceiling Xiaoyu had fallen from.

[b]"Dammit," [/b]said Ada, picking herself up and brushing herself off, [b]"I thought all those pipes led to the next level, but we're still in four-one ... just shut in a cell."

[/b]The only exit seemed to be a green pipe near the right-hand wall. Seeing it, Xiaoyu also noticed the brick floating impossibly in the air above.

[b]"I call the brick!" [/b]Xiaoyu chirped, jumping to uppercut it. A little mushroom popped out the top, and Xiaoyu caught it neatly as it waddled off.

[b]"Hahaa! You've got nowhere to hide this time,"[/b] gloated Xiaoyu as she grew to tower over Ada.
[/color][/font]

[COLOR=#006aaf][SIZE=1]Sora, still new to the experience of being mushroom-enhanced, stumbled about awkwardly for a good three minutes before he could walk without bumping into anything or tripping over his own large feet. When he'd finally gotten used to the experience, he let out a sigh.

[b]"There.. Not so hard.."[/b]

He continued on his way for a bit before seeing the large Mario grow even larger. And as his eyes scaled the now quite-tall teammate of his, Sora spotted a platform above the bright red hat. A platform with a fairly noticable mushroom on top. And so, he hatched a plan.

He took a few steps back before breaking out into a sprint. He planned to run up Mario's side before he noticed the platform or Sora himself, leap off the top of his hat, and then grab that mushroom. In his head, he had made a pretty little diagram. The phases were, "Run", "Climb" and "Eat". No matter how elementary school this 'diagram' was (with most likely had stick figures and bad handwriting), he grinned proudly, even though he was the only one who could see it, as he sped onward.

[b]"Hey Mario!"[/b]

Mario turned his head slowly, as the new size prevented him from moving all that fast.

[b]"Yes-a? Who-a is it?"[/b]

Without an answer, Sora began sprinting up the side of the now-large italian plumber (feeling slightly insulted that he was shorter than Mario, who was most likely the shortest player with legs) until he reached his hat. Then he took a couple of practice bounces before leaping towards the platform. He grabbed the edge with his left hand, and began to pull himself up. When he was safely on the grassy platform, he laid down and let out a sigh of relief.

[b]"Thanks bud,"[/b] Sora grinned. Before waiting for Mario's response (or even recognition), he stood up and walked around, trying to find the mushroom he'd thought he had spotted. And then, he saw it in the mouth of a very angry goomba.

[b]"Not another one of [i]you[/i],"[/b] Sora growled, remembering his last encounter with an unfriendly goomba. But he knew how to handle it. Pulling out his keyblade, he threw it and, amazingly, hit his target.

[b]"Ha! I could be a better pitcher than Riku, I bet!"[/b]

Putting his rivalry aside (for but a moment), he grabbed the mushroom that had fallen to the ground after the goomba poofed away. Again, he grimaced as he shoved it down his throat before his next unusual growth 'spurt'.

[b]"Yummy,"[/b] he shuddered.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

The next level CJ and Samus entered seemed to consist of the outside of a castle and a L shaped pipe. "So, what now?" CJ questioned, hoping for an answer from the team's resident living computer.

"Well, my scanner says that this leads to some sort of underwater passage way. And the level seems to cut off past it, so I guess we're swiming." Samuc responded, walking past CJ and into the pipe.

"Aite, dats coo. I gots me some sea legs. Ya know, I bet that mute ass mutha ****a can't swim for shit. And I hurd about some busta down in Flowda who owned half o Vice City, but drown in da ****in riva outside his house. How you live onna water and not know how ta swim. I'm from da ghetto! You tink we gots pools an ****? Na, closest ting we gots be broken fire hydrants." But Samus was already halfway through the underwater stage by the time CJ finished ranting.

Out the other end, the two found a lang set of bridges over what seemed to be a bottomless cassim. "Ha, dis ****s no sweat. Can just walk right ova des ****in holes." With that, CJ showed off his massive height by taking a giant step over the first drop. However, as he did, he was interupted by a large eyed orange pirahna, which flew from the water and bit him in the leg. "What in da hell, get offa me you lil ****!" He yelled shaking his massive leg. But the pirahna didn't bugde.

"CJ! Watch out!" At Samuses warning, CJ turned towards the level's end to see two more pirahna leaping from the water, seeming to pass straight through the bridge, and embeding themselves into his other leg.

"****************************!" he yelled, running as fast as he could down the level, hoping they would fall off. He ran so hard he didn't even notice the single steal block hanging in the air halfway through the stage. WHAM, he ran right into it with his gut, knocking the wind out of him, and causing him to crash onto his back. From the block sprouted a now relatively small red mushroom, which lept from the box top and straight into CJ's open mouth. He swallowed it like a advil, and suddenly his size reached over twenty feet tall. "Ah shit!" He yelled out to Samus. "Lil help ova hur!"

"What wrong?" She asked cheerfully, happy her teammate had found another mushroom.

"Well, when I ate da 'shroom, de grew too." He said painfully, as he pointed down to the massive pirahna still clinging to his legs, which had all doubled in size. Samus sighed and began shotting them off one by one before moving on.

[size=1]Shadow had sped off away from Lara and Krystal some minutes earlier, and soon he ran straight into a green pipe which was emerging from the ground. He was knocked to the floor, and he sat up, shaking his head to clear the stars that were now dancing around his head.

[b]"I hate this place," [/b]he scowled, picking himself up and dusting himself off, [b]"It's almost worse than the bloody lemmings. I want a nice simple world where I can run through and pick up rings, not some la-dee-da place where all there is is bloody mushrooms and turtles wearing football armour."

[/b]He looked down the pipe, and, seeing nothing but blackness, he decided to investigate. He took a large step (not much more was needed due to his size) and dropped himself down the pipe.

There was a simple platform down there, with gold boxes lining the platform. Shadow warily drew one foot up and stamped on one, which smashed open and vomited a large amount of gold coins. He didn't need them, though. He carried on, stamping on the boxes as he went, more and more gold coins erupting from the boxes as he went. Finally, a few boxes from the end of the platform, a mushroom popped its little head up and began to shuffle away from him.

[b]"Not again, ya little freak," [/b]he said, leaping at the mushroom. He caught it in his hands, and it *poofed* away, leaving him to grow once more. He stood up and punched the air, moving over towards the exit pipe. He looked up at it, and realised a problem.

Now that he had caught another mushroom, he was too big to get out of the cavern. He tried squeezing himself up the pipe, but he couldn't fit.

[b]"Damn laws of physics win again," [/b]he said grumpily.
[/size]

[Color=DarkBlue]Ada chuckled at Ling Xiayou.

?So, can you get us out?? She yelled up.

?Not that tall.? Ling Xiayou said, shrugging.

It was then that Ada noticed the green pipe going upwards. She smacked her head, and looked at Ling Xiayou.

?Did you see that?? Ada asked.

Ling Xiayou nodded and stuck her foot in it. The pipe sucked up Ada quickly. They popped up again in the world and looked around. Ada noticed the brick formation that represented the end of the level. She pointed and yelled at Ling Xiayou. ?Let?s go for it!?

The pair quickly ran for the exit, easily jumping over the pits. Ada made a run for the flag, bounding up the ?steps? that lead to it. She leaped off the last and grabbed onto the flag, spinning down quickly.

Ling Xiayou clapped as Ada stumbled away from the flag. The fireworks went off and Ada fell over.

?Ugh, I?m not doing that again.? Ada said groggily.

The world went black for a second and the pair then seemed to walk into the pipe. The entered a similar looking world as 1-2 and Ada groaned.

Luckily for her, there was a mass of blocks sitting right in front of her, so she pulled off another grenade and motioned for Ling Xiayou to stand back. She pulled the pin and tossed it over the opening and next to three unsuspecting Goombas. They were blasted into oblivion along with the row of bricks.

Ada made a dash at the mushroom that appeared and grabbed it. She popped it in her mouth and smiled at Ling Xiayou as she shot up next to her.

?Ha! Now we?re the same again!? Ada said puffing her chest out.

?Yay!? Ling Xiayou cheered.

She threw her hand up for a high five and Ada slapped back.

?Let?s keep going.? Ada suggested, pointing to the right.

?Sounds good.? Ling Xiayou said, running into the one block the grenade Ada threw. She groaned and Ada laughed.[/color]

[b][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]"I hope everyone else is trying as hard as us," [/font][/color][/b][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]said Xiaoyu. [b]"This'll stop being so fun if we accidentally stomp Dante or someone!"

"Not to mention the fact that we'll lose the challenge," [/b]Ada replied, her disdain for the laid-back men of the group dripping from every word.

Both of them were finding it increasingly hard to move around in the cramped castle. They had to stoop and occasionally crawl through the blue brick tunnels. The upside being that when a line of three Goombas came trundling menacingly along the shaft, Xiaoyu could *poke* them in the top of the head and they just *poof*ed out of existence.

A few pits and some very awkward platform-hopping later the pair came across a cluster of gormless-looking green turtles. Xiaoyu poked one warily on the top of its shell and it retreated inside, eyes nearly popping with terror at the enormous girl. Chuckling, she gave[/font][/color][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS] the stationary shell[/font][/color][color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS] a flick. It whizzed off at incredible speed from the supersized flick, ricocheting off a wall and rocketing up into the air, bouncing from ceilings to walls to floors.

[b]"Uwaa~aah!" [/b]squealed Xiaoyu. [b]"Don't let it hit me! I've only got one life! I don't want to go *poof*!"

[/b]The wayward turtle shell *ping*ed straight upwards, shattering a block, out of which a red and white spotted mushroom fell. Ada was trying to push past Xiaoyu to protect her from the shell, and overbalanced her precarious crouch so she planted a hand straight on the poor defenceless fungus.

[i]Plop

[/i]Xiaoyu grew again. A voice reached her ears from behind her.

[b]"So," [/b]said Ada dryly, [b]"how do we get you out of this shaft now?"[/b]
[/font][/color]

[Color=DarkBlue]Ada was slowly getting annoyed with this challenge too. They needed to keep away from the levels that cramped up the giant players, but they could not stop entering them. Ada looked at Ling Xiayou again and sighed. They were hopelessly stuck at this point. A miracle would be useful at this point. Ada punched a row of blocks out of spite, and sighed again.

She decided to try to scout ahead. Therefore, she carefully made her way around the overgrown Ling Xiayou and said, ?I?m going to try and see if I can find the warp pipe. Hopefully you can fit through it.?

Ling Xiayou nodded and Ada quickly began moving. She cleared the ?stairs? in two leaps and happily yelled back at Ling Xiayou.

?We?re right next to exit! Just try to move a bit this way and I?ll try to get a part of you into the pipe!? Ada yelled, pointing to the pipe.

Ling Xiayou winced and punched out the bricks above her. She then got into a crawling position and began to move slowly, taking out the bricks above her at the same time. She made it in no time at all and took out all of the blocks above her as she cleared the ?stairs? in one movement.

Ada leaped onto the pipe blocking the exit as Ling Xiayou began her ascend. She then awkwardly leapt onto the exit platform, laughing as Ling Xiayou?s foot fell into the gap between the pipe and ?stairs?. She stuck her hand out and reached for the pipe. Ada grasped it, and entered the pipe. She felt Ling Xiayou?s body being pulled from the level and she grimaced when she heard the pipe ripped from the ground.

The pair then plopped down in the open again and Ada sighed. She looked at Ling Xiayou, who was rubbing her leg. ?Sorry about that, you OK??

?Yeah, but I feel bad the pipe.? Ling Xiayou said chuckling.

Ada turned to look at the world and sighed loudly. The cramped spaces were bad enough, but now they had to jump platforms? This was getting to be too much.

?Well, I guess we got happy too soon.? Ada snorted.

?You?d best lead Ada.? Ling Xiayou said.

?OK. Let?s go so we can get back to the Tower.? Ada said, easily walking up the mushrooms. She flicked a pair of the turtles away and then smashed a box. A mushroom popped out and Ada groaned. She grabbed it, ate it, and grew.

?Well, at least we?re the same size now.? Ada sighed.

?And, we don?t have to use the other platforms now.? Ling Xiayou said, pointing them out.

Ada groaned and started madly chuckling.

?The madness shall never cease.? She said, ?This is just too funny.?

Ling Xiayou was confused, but decided to keep to herself. Ada must be having a moment. Hopefully it would pass in a minute or two.[/color]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Suddenly the "Game Over" tune blared everywhere around the Mushroom Kingdom.

[COLOR=Red]"Over already?!" Ada Wong gasped in amazement.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]"Aw crap, I was on a roll!" Shadow cussed.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Green]Mario took off his cap and sighed. "Well-a, it was-a nice to visit-a home even for a short while-a."[/COLOR]

The teams gathered back to their teleporters, but found some trouble with everybody being about four times as tall as they had been upon arrival.

With a loud pop, Mog appeared before them. The moogle shrunk in front of sixteen giants.

"Kupoah! Now I [I]really[/I] feel myself small, kupo! Let's just try to squeeze ourselves to the CPU now."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back at the CPU, the contestants stood side by side in the suddenly decreased space.

"Honestly! Can we return to our regular sizes anytime soon?" Lara asked irritatedly.

"Patience, kupo! Let's check the mushroom count first!"

[INDENT][COLOR=Red][B]Bravers:[/B]
Ada Wong: 4
Carl Johnson: 3
Dante: 1
Ling Xiaoyu: 4
Samus Aran: 3
------------------
Full Rounds: 1
Total Points: 15
Counted Points: [B]9[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][B]Adventurers:[/B]
Crash Bandicoot: 4
Fox McCloud: 3
Krystal: 3
Lara Croft: 4
Pacman: 3
Shadow: 4
-----------------
Full Rounds: 3
Total Points: 21 (-3 points from an extra member)
Counted Points: [B]18[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Green][B]Legends:[/B]
Kuja: 4
Mario: 3
Riku: 2
Sora: 2
Yuna: 3
-----------------
Full Rounds: 2
Total Points: 14
Counted Points: [B]13[/B][/COLOR][/INDENT]

As Mog counted the points, the survivors slowly shrank to their normal sizes. Finally they all sat down to hear the results, at the same time relieved and anxious.

"Kupo, as we can tell from this complex chart, the winner of the [B]Mushroomania[/B] is the [COLOR=Blue]Adventurers of the Blue Feather[/COLOR], with their third consecutive victory!"

The Adventurers jumped up and burst into cheers - even Shadow gave an encouraging pat on his teammates' backs. The other two teams looked as unsatisfied as the blue team was happy.

"This also means that Bravers and Legends, you both will face your second Team Council now, kupolly so, after which you will only have four members in your teams. It's time to delete the deadweights."

"Adventurers, you can return to the Solitary Island now, to celebrate your latest win."

After the merry sextet had teleported out of the PU, Mog returned to the other two teams.

"Bravers, Legends, these challenges haven't obviously been your genre, kupo. Now's a chance to evaluate what went wrong and who's to blame. It's time again to vote, kupo."[/FONT]

[COLOR=#503F86]As the CPU faded to white and the Adventurers' island lodgings made their way into view, there was an insurmountable feeling that disbelief was wearing a large pair of suspenders.

"YEAH!" Shadow yelled at the top of his lungs. "We [i]rock[/i]!"

The other members of the team couldn't help but laugh, relief flooding through their bodies and sending them almost into a stupor of relaxation.

Krystal plunged her staff into the ground and sighed. Three challenges won? It seemed almost unreal to have gotten this far and still have the entire team in tact. She wondered how the other teams were handling the situation; if she'd have to be careful if she somehow stumbled across one of them who insisted upon a vendetta, or something.

Still, she could worry about that if and when she came to it. For the moment, she was happy to still have everyone here. Even Shadow, who despite his crude brashness and his brash abrasiveness, still retained a certain charm about him when he showed his happiness.

Fox was bounding around happily, after a few seconds turning his attention to the still half-full table of food on the beach.

The sun was beginning to set now- a golden orange sunset blanketed the horizon; around its edges, darker shades of blue and turquoise blended into a slowly darkening sky. Clouds glided serenely overhead, each with a golden hue.

Krystal stepped into her hut and placed her staff against the doorframe. On the shelf next to her bed, the mirror the team had won caught her eye. They still hadn't used it yet...[/COLOR]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Both the Green Team and the Red Team voted in a tensed silence. After everybody had cast their votes, Mog the Moogle went and tallied them.

"The results are clear, kupo. Two out of you ten will get deleted tonight."

"[COLOR=Red]Bravers of the Red Sword[/COLOR], the one leaving you now is..."

[CENTER][B]Dante[/B]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/delete-Dante.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

"No! This can't be!" Dante howled, as he slowly dispersed into particles of data. Kuja from the other team couldn't help grinning maliciously.

"[COLOR=Green]Legends of the Green Gem[/COLOR], your next goer is..."

[CENTER][B]Riku[/B]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/delete-Riku.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

The vanishing Riku took out Squishy the Heartless Lemming from his pocket. "You're coming with me!" The lemming squeaked happily and soon the two of them were gone.

"This is the spirit of this game, kupo - fail as a team and one will suffer the consequences. You eight remaining contestants from the two unkupo teams can now return to your camps. We'll see again in few days, when the fourth challenge will commence, kupo! Waiting for that, keep the Game On!"[/FONT]

[size=1][color=darkblue] "Well done, team, well done" Pac said, as the Adventurers headed back to Solitary Island to res tup for the next challenge.
Pac then took a dip on the beach to relax and cool down, and fater that scooped up a muthful of fish and took them to the camp fire.

"mmmm, fish!" Fox said as he grabbed the first fish to become fully cooked.
"uh, coutn me out, I already have all the Omega 3 I need" Lara said, noting the fould look of some of the fish. Besides, the had been scooped up into Pac's mouth, and however sterile he claimed it was, it was still a little too much.

Pac had his fill of fish and moved on, he strung up a little hammock, and decided to take a nap, after all, how much longer could the winning streak last, and therefore, how many more carfree days on the beach coudl there be?[/size][/color]

[size=1]Crash sat on the beach close to the campfire, gnawing contendedly on a piece of fish. Initially it had been hard to get over the fact that Pacman had had them in his mouth [same place as the lemmings?!], but the smell was so mouth-wateringly delicious that he just couldn't refuse.

Lara, on the other hand, was looking a bit green.

Crash finished his fish, and sat back on the sand, propping himself up with his elbows. As he gazed around, a pang of sorrow hit him. This was a fun team to be a part of. It was a shame that they were soon going to be broken up. Sadly, when it came down to it though, you just had to move on and do your best to get the most out of whichever situation you found yourself in. Nevertheless, Crash would miss the atmosphere and teamwork that he had found in the Adventurers.

He reached out for another piece of fish.[/size]

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna watched Riku leave holding onto his Heartless lemming companion. Soon he and Dante were gone. It was definitely a disadvantage now, having two less players than the Adventurers.

Mog dismissed them and the group of four teleported away from the blue realm, returning home to Fahrenheit. Everyone was quiet, it sucked to lose three times in a row. Yuna stopped them before they left the conference area, waving them to the now, four chairs at the table. Everyone took a seat.

[B]"Alright, I know I don't have to say this, but we have to try our hardest to win the next challenge. No one likes losing, especially not three times consecutively. Mog told us that we'll soon be split up, and I want to win at least one challenge as the Legends of the Green team. So please, give it your best."[/B] Yuna addressed them.

They all nodded and made sounds of agreement, Yuna looked down at Kodago and patted his back.

[B]"Well, normal routine I guess, go do what you want for now and we'll talk again later."[/B] she sighed.

Everyone got up from the table and left the area, leaving Yuna with Kodago.

[B]"Come, boy, I'll show you around the ship before I change dress spheres."[/B] Kodago wuffed and wagged his tail with glee.

Yuna toured her dog around their airship, stopping in 'her' area, the cockpit.

[B]"This place reminds me of home, so much that I named it [I]Fahrenheit[/I], opposite of Celcius."[/B] Yuna looked around.

Kodago bounded up to the window and looked at the ground below, Yuna smiled and decided it was time for him to leave for now, until the next time she needed him. There was a bright flash of light as her faithful dog disappeared, and her guns reappeared.

She pressed her hand against the window, she had just voted out another, but that was part of the game, right? She still couldn't help the feelings of guilt that welled up inside her. Yuna released a heavy sigh and slipped into the pilot chair, she wanted a change of scenery, and she started the engine.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Lara grimaced as she watched the rest of her team dig into the fish, opting herself to take one of the fruits that had been part of their banquet before the challenge.

Taking a large bite, Lara coughed as juiced squirted from the over ripe fruit, running down her chin and onto the sand. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, Lara peered at the food accusingly.

[B]"What kind of fruit is this anyway?" [/B] Lara asked, as much to everyone as to noone. Crash looked up from his position, lying back on the sand.

[B]"Oh that, its Wumpa fruit," [/B] The bandicoot said cheerily, a large grin plastered onto his face.[B] "The island where I live is pretty much the only place where it grows and its absolutely de-freaking-licious!" [/B] Stuffing the last of the fish into his mouth, Crash made a grab for the fruit, falling back with several of the spherical, apple-looking things in his hands.

Raising an incredulous eyebrow, Lara glanced back at her fruit, which was now dripping all over the sand in front of her. Lara shrugged and bit into it again, it really wasn't all that bad. Looking around at the rest of her team, minus Krystal who had gone straight to her hut as far as Lara knew, she let out a melancholy sigh, a sad smile tinging her lips. Fox cocked his head to one side, alerted by her sigh.

[B]"Hey Lara, whats up? Don't like the fruit, 'cause there's some great paté kinda stuff over here?"[/B] Lara smiled at Fox's concern and shook her head.

[B]"No Fox, the fruit is fine thankyou. I was just thinking about how we are all going to be split up after the next challenge...then prehaps we will have to compete against eachother."[/B] Lara brought her knees up to her chin. This team had won three challenges in a row so far, competing against eachother rather than working together would be a challenge.[/SIZE]

[color=Purple][font=Trebuchet MS]Swirls of red light heralded the return of the Bravers to their Liberty Tower apartment.

[b]"Serious, man, one freakin' shroom?" [/b]ranted CJ, heading straight to the kitchen for beer.

[b]"What was he doing, napping? Fixing his hair?" [/b]Ada fumed, furious that all her mushroom-gathering efforts had been wasted by Dante's meagre pickings.

[b]"An' now da foo's lef' me tha only dude on the team," [/b]grumbled CJ around his bottle.

Xiaoyu was still by the teleporter, scuffing her foot dejectedly. [b]"But he was fun," [/b]she objected, moping her way over to flop down on the sofa. [b]"And now our team's all small."

[/b]There was an awkward silence as everyone contemplated being so utterly defeated, and the consequences. It was broken by the pneumatic hiss of Samus removing her powersuit's helmet.

[b]"Feeling sorry for ourselves won't do any good," [/b]she pointed out, shaking out her long blonde hair. [b]"Let's just relax for a while. I'm sure we can all agree that teamwork is what'll win us the next challenge."

"Yeah!" [/b]agreed Xiaoyu enthusiastically, yo-yoing back to her usual bouncy self. [b]"Let's bond over cookies or something!"[/b]
[/font][/color]

[size=1]Shadow was still celebrating the fact that the Adventurers had won another game, so he was even too excited to eat the gross fish that had come out of Pac-Man's mouth. He ran as fast as he could down the beach, then back, something which took all of thirty seconds, then he waded out into the water quickly and swam four times round the island in under four minutes.

The rest of the team were impressed with his speed, but not so impressed with his big-headedness about it. He eventually came out of the water and dried himself off in the setting sun, before finally settling to have something to eat.

As he gorged himself on fish and Wumpa fruit, he sat back and talked to the other members of the team. Lara was telling stories of her adventures in various tombs across the globe, and an upcoming one to another tomb somewhere in Africa. Crash was bragging to Fox about how he had once taken on a manic Kangaroo and won, and Fox was coming back with stories of his outer-space adventures with his friend Falco.

Shadow looked around, and realised how much he had enjoyed everyone's company over the last few days. These last couple of challenges had really brought them together as a team, but it was soon going to be time to split the team up.

He turned away from the group and began to walk up the beach...
[/size]

[size=1][color=darkorange]Fox thought of what Lara was taling about. He hadn't really given any thought as to what it would be like having to compete against them. They were a great team, similar to his own Starfox team back home.

"Don't worry about it," Fox said to Lara, trying to spread some cheer, "Even if we do have to go against each other, just think how great it was when we were a team. The memories we've created over the past few days will be with us forever." Fox gave her a toothy grin and Lara smiled back.

Crash looked at Fox, with one eyebrow raised, "I really didn't expect something like that to come out of you." He joked, giving Fox a small push.

"Well, I kinda stole it from the retirement party we help for my friend Peppy." Fox snickered. He then noticed Shadow walking up the beach away from the group. At first he had been a bit of a pain, but now that he knew him better Fox saw him as a good friend.

"Well, I'm ganna stretch my legs a bit. I'll see you guys in a few." Fox excused himself and he stood up and stretched his limbs. He then stated up the beach in the direction Shadow was going. [/size][/color]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Once again the teleporters summoned the contestants to warp to the CPU. After all three teams had arrived, Mog the Moogle appeared with a cart full of extraordinary costumes and accessories.

"Kupo greetings, survivors! It's time for your [B]fourth challenge[/B]. This competition will teach your teamplay as well as your imagination. Only [B]four[/B] people from each team will join this one, kupo, so [COLOR=Blue]Adventurers[/COLOR], you need to sit two people out before you begin."

"Kupo, the name of the game is... [SIZE=3][B]Damsels & Dragons[/B][/SIZE]. Here are the rules:"

[INDENT]1. The objective is to [B]save a[/B] famous [B]princess[/B] from a tower [B]guarded by a[/B]n equally famous [B]dragon[/B], kupo.
2. To do that, each team must form a [B]party of four[/B], kupo. Each member of that party will get one specific job class with special abilities.
3. The three parties will each head towards a [B]different tower[/b], kupo, but the journey to the destination is filled with countless [B]perils[/B].
4. Once the party reaches the tower, they must defeat the dragon and save the princess, kupo. After that, I, Mog the Moogle, will judge each party's [B]performance[/B] and announce the winner.[/INDENT]

"Each team will form the party of four from the job classes listed below, kupo. Keep in mind that one party can have only one job each."

[INDENT][B]Knight[/B]: a warrior with formidable strength; carries a sword and a shield; wears a heavy armor.
[B]Wizard[/B]: a caster of devastating magic spells; uses a staff; wears a flowing robe.
[B]Healer[/B]: a cleric with the power to cure; doesn't have a weapon; dresses in a priestly cloak.
[B]Thief[/B]: a criminal that can steal any treasure and pick all locks; wields multiple daggers; has a black hooded outfit.
[B]Hunter[/B]: an archer who has high precision; uses a bow and arrows; wears a green tunic and a quiver.
[B]Bard[/B]: a musician with an enchanting voice; carries a harp; has gaudy clothes with a feathered hat.[/INDENT]

"And kupo, here are each teams destinations, princesses and dragons:"

[COLOR=Blue]Adventurers of the Blue Feather - [B]Sapphire Tower[/B][/COLOR]
[CENTER]Princess Peach guarded Bowser
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/mission-princesspeach.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/mission-dragonbowser.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Red]Bravers of the Red Sword - [B]Ruby Tower[/B][/COLOR]
[CENTER]Princess Zelda guarded by Bubble & Bobble
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/mission-princesszelda.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/mission-dragonbubbob.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Green]Legends of the Green Gem - [B]Emerald Tower[/B][/COLOR]
[CENTER]Princess Sarah guarded by Bahamut
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/mission-princesssara.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/mission-dragonbahamut.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

"Now, this cart behind me is filled with the costumes and weapons for the aforementioned six jobs, kupo, three sets of each. Before I send you on your way, each team must decide which team member will have which job. [B]Please answer as soon as possible, kupo![/B]"

"Survivors ready? [I]Game On![/I]"
[/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy]Yuna, Sora, Kuja and Mario all huddled in a group, discussing the job classes frantically. There was a bit of arguing and disagreements, but finally everyone had come to a decision. They stood in a row in front of Mog and told him their choices.

[B]"We have made our decision. Sora will be a Thief, Kuja will take the job class of Wizard, Mario has asked to be a Healer, and I chose the role of Knight."[/B] Yuna spoke.

[B]"Great, kupo! Come to the cart and get your costumes."[/B] he waved at the cart behind him.

They walked forward and picked up what they were supposed to wear. Yuna looked at her rusty armour with a bit of dismay.

[B]"Um...can I use my own armour?"[/B] she asked.

Yuna pulled out those handy sphere grids again, tracing a path to [URL=http://www.yuna.inthisskin.net/Dressphere13.jpg]Dark Knight[/URL].

[B]"Much better."[/B] she sighed in her personal armour.

Yuna looked into the cart and extracted the shield that didn't look as worn as the others.

She waited for the others to finish putting on their costumes. Kuja was wearing a long robe that billowed around his feet, and held a staff. Sora had donned a black cloak with a hood over his regular clothes, and he had numerous daggers strapped around his body. Mario wore a priestly robe without a weapon, his outfit looked strange since he still had his red cap on his head.

Yuna nodded in approval with a smile and the group was teleported out of the CPU, to thier set destination.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Seeing the Green Team begin to don their costumes, the Red Bravers broke from their long huddle to get started themselves. Xaioyu Ling had quickly volunteered to be the thief, noting her natural speed and agility. Samus, preferring to keep her distance in battle, opted for the role of the hunter. Ada Wong, acting as the voice of reason in a relatively dysfunctional group, volunteered to holster her guns and become the team's healer. And Carl Johnson, in his uniquely boisterous fashion, declared himself the bard.

"Yeah Yeah, first eva Gangsta Rappin Bard up in dis piece. Jus call me Shake-a-spear motha $(#*@." But CJ was quickly silenced when he found his costume in the large red bin assigned to his team. To CJ, the Bard's costume looked like a retarded upside-down tu-tu, consisting of a frilly shirt with a giant ribbed collar, and matching knickers and tights for the legs. It also came with a ridiculously gaudy beret type hat with a giant feather sticking out, and a wooden mandolin. "What in da (*$#& )(* @)(*$) piece a &^%* motha *(&(*& kinda %^*&^@ is dis?" CJ began shouting, obviously pissed ass hell about the costume. "Can I change ma job?" he asked Mog.

The small furry creature shook his head in response. "Nope, once you pick your kupo, the other kupos are burned. Kind of a kupo waist, I know, but hey, those are the kupos." He said with a shrug.

"Well $#!^. Aite, but I'm keepin ma Tims. Des is ma good luck kicks," he said as he grabbed his clothes and headed for a small stand-alone closet that acted as his changing room. As he changed, a small menu appeared outside the room, with the names of a number of designer stores, as well as a list of premade outfits. The "Bard" option was highlighted on the menu, and CJ emerged from the closet in full Bardly attire, though true to his word, still in his loose fitting untied Timberland Boots. "Don't no one say a word." He said, the first time he had been truly serious since he had arrived in the CPU. "Not a god damn word."

His group of female teammates held back their giggles with great difficulty. Ling especially had to dive into the clothes bin the muffle her laughs. After a good fifteen minutes of painful restraint, the others got to putting on their own outfits.

Samus had a great deal of trouble fitting her small green tunic over her massive shoulder pads. CJ made a comment about taking hr armor off, taking it all off if you will, and was quickly silenced with another slap courtesy of Ada Wong. In the end, Samus ended up attaching the bow to her arm cannon and draping the tattered remains of the tunic her armored neck.

Ada's costume was much simpler, as she was able to slip the long white robe over her violet dress. However, she found is a little restrictive around the legs. So, pulling out one of the many daggers left for Xaioyu's thief outfit, she cut a long slight in the robe down her right leg, matching the one on her dress. "Ah, much better," she said as she stretched out her long legs, not noticing CJ's drooling stare.

Xaioyu Ling didn't have much of a problem putting on her costume either, but she seemed to hate hers just as much as CJ hated his. It consisted of a skintight black suit, which covered her entire body, and was topped with a black hood. "Yuck!" She exclaimed, "It's all....black. Black is sooooooo boring. Where's the color!?" She yelled. Taking a hint from the liberty's CJ had taken with his outfit (keeping the Tims busta) Xaioyu took large purple bow from her [I][URL=http://www.ncsx.com/www/ncs0126/lingxiao.jpg]school girl uniform[/URL] [/I] and placed in on the black chest of her new outfit. "Ahh, much better."

Now that the whole team had donned their costumes, it was off to some mystical land of magic and junk to save the princess Zelda from the dragons.......Bubble and Bobble.......from a puzzle game........for little kids and old folks........exciting.[/COLOR]

[size=1]The Blue Team immediately drew into a huddle. Who was doing what? Pacman immediately opted out. Not only was the notion of him donning a costume ridiculous, but he was feeling slightly ill, and was concerned that it could have been a result of some... accidental ingestions during the previous mission.

So, now only five were arguing. It raged back and forth for some time, until Shadow saw the rapper from the Green Team pull out his costume. Shadow paled and backed away from the group.

"You guys go, I don't want [b]anything[/b] to do with this" he yelped, heading over to join Pacman on one of the floating cushions.

Crash furtively glanced at what the other team was putting on. A bandicoot has to have his pride and there was no way he was going as a bard. What a ridiculous feathered cap! Of all the costumes he saw revealed, the Thief was most appealing. He immediately shot-gunned that, and ran over to Blue Team's cart, rummaging through for the loose-fitting clothing, and the belt of daggers. Slipping them on, he noticed that they fitted lousily....like they were made for a human. Then they grew warm on his body, and tightened in all the right spots.... a perfect fit!

Turning back to the group he saw Lara step out from behind one of the clothing screens, dressed in a dark green shirt and brown pants. Over her shoulder was strung a bow, but at her hips still hung both of her pistols.

Krystal and Fox appeared to be discussing something very earnestly, before Krystal went and grabbed the Bard costume from the cart and disappeared behind a clothing screen. Fox turned towards the cart, an agitated expression on his face. Three classes left to choose from...[/size]