OtakuBoards

Back in my day.....

Dan L

What is the most weird thing an old guy ever told you, or did? I guess the most weird thing ann old guy did when i was there was when one tried to start a conversation. Id dont remember much of it, cos i was trying to get rid of him.

Ive edited this to say 'weird' instead of 'pathetic' cos i think pathetic is just a bit mean

old men hit on me all the time. old ladies never talk to me.

the weirdest old person i've met has been my great-great grandmother. she was supposed to be the most powerful witch in the family, inbred directly from the macaiodh line by a union of father and daughter, from what i understand. but she was brilliant, though. she could do things i couldn't believe i was seeing.

but i was very little at the time...maybe 6 or 7.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sleepy [/i]
[B]
You must be very good looking.
Old folk hated me, I'm too boring for them. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I don't like talking to old folk... they are sour to me... I was trying to get onto this escalator to go down to my friends and then this old guy smashes me in the ribs and says "Watch it..." and then I have to wait for ages...[/SIZE]

Guest Voodookanaka
when I talk to old ppl, they start talking like me and acting like teenagers. stupid old ppl! (Dont get me wrong, I prefer old ppl to kids n teenagers)

[SIZE=1]You don't see too many topics about the elderly on the boards... this is a srange topic if you ask me

The elderly always comment on how tall I am and how lucky I am to be tall, I don't see how this as any sort of advantage except for the fact that I can hold things over my friends head and watch them jump to try ang get it, oh wait I'm geting off topic :p[/SIZE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I don't mind talking to ANYONE, as long as they have something useful to say, and are not talking just to be heard (can't stand that). I think that the elder have just as intelligent things to say as other people, and I give them the respect that is owed to someone like that (not elder, just smart talker)

Wierdest thing that ever happened to me - I was walking on mainstreet in Nashville, TN, and a bus dropping off a retirement home group was unloading in front of the Wildhorse Saloon (big dance club here. . *shudders* . . country music >_<) Well, me and several friends cut through their masses, and one lady turned to me with this disgusted look and said - "Juvenilles!" - ROFL. . . it was messed up, I just started balling there, almost falling to the ground in laughter!! The whole group of people started just to stare at me, I turned to one of my friends and said - "Man, she just called me a juvenille!" - I just sat and laughed. . . I don't even know why it was THAT funny . . *shrug* ^_^
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]I enjoy talking to old people... I dunno why... It's just cool hearing all their stories... *shrugs*

I was at my grandmas Nursing home and a skitzo old guy came up to me... and said... They are everywhere!

I was like... Uh... Aight...

Then he said... They are coming! Coming i say!

(he was british)

I was like... Erm... who?

They are coming for me!!!!!

Then i said... The hell you talking about old fool? (i really said that lol)

The angels! he said... i said... damn you crazy...

He said I must take my leave!

And i said... Aight... Bye...

And that was my strangest conversation with a old guy...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]I enjoy talking to old people... I dunno why... It's just cool hearing all their stories... *shrugs*

I was at my grandmas Nursing home and a skitzo old guy came up to me... and said... They are everywhere!

I was like... Uh... Aight...

Then he said... They are coming! Coming i say!

(he was british)

I was like... Erm... who?

They are coming for me!!!!!

Then i said... The hell you talking about old fool? (i really said that lol)

The angels! he said... i said... damn you crazy...

He said I must take my leave!

And i said... Aight... Bye...

And that was my strangest conversation with a old guy...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]FUNNY! Sorry...

I like hearing about the war stuff... my Granpa was in Japan fighting in the Navy :D I talk to him alot :p[/SIZE]

[size=3][color=darkblue]All the old people i know always have some bad comment about me. it's either "Your hair is too messy, You smell like roadkill, You're too tall, Show some respect!" and those are the first things they say to me after i say hello. the elderly hate me. well, atleast they will all go to hell soon and i'll live on!! :devil::demon: :devil: :demon:[/color][/size]

First off I have to say I like most old people, I think they can be really interesting and have a lot to say but I do know this one crazy lady. She keeps coming into my shop, and first off she'll just be really normal and ask where a book is but then she goes off on a mad one...........her usual ones are

My company is stealing money from people to give to the evil King Ottakar who was responsible for starting WW2 (I don't have the heart to tell her it was a guy named hitler)

Our computers are poisoning peoples brains (some peolpe might say this is debateable)

I can't help her because appapently I have "too much computer in me"

She says she was kept in her house for 20 years because "they" wouldn't let her leave.

And the other day when she left her final words to me were "...and the problem is they just won't let us off the planet."

If you ask me she is the one who's off the planet, there's so much more stuff but I can't remember it now coz it was so random.

Nuts:nervous: :eek: :worried:

Guest Imsirion
my mom used to work at a home care place and there was this lady. she had a nervous breakdown so she went kinda weird and repeats everything. one time when i was visiting she came up tm me and said" i like your har style ( she says har, not hair), i said i said, i like your har style. does your mom cut your har? i like your mom, shes nice, does che cut your har?". she is so funny to talk to.:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]What is the most pathetic thing an old guy ever told you, or did? I guess the most pathetic thing ann old guy did when i was there was when one tried to start a conversation. Id dont remember much of it, cos i was trying to get rid of him. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Erm...your post doesn't really make sense.

Just make sure this topic doesn't get to the point of disrespecting your elders. Keep it respectful...and it can stay open.[/color]

[b]My Grandad thinks everyone's semi-deaf like him, so he always talks with a raised voice...so he scares little kiddies away...but lures them back with iced tea....funny creatures these fogeys are... -_-;
Anyway, he feeds plenty loaves of sliced bread to the pidgeons, and they repay him by crapping onto my Uncle (his son!)'s car while sitting on the lamppost above!
Anyway, I like my Grandad, he's coo...
I guess he's unique...runs in the family...=D[/b]

I enjoyed reading all of ur funny stories, especailly urs, ~Videl~, they wer pretty funny. I prefer younger kids to older folk. Don't get me wrong, i love my grandparents, it's just, older ppl nevr try to talk to me, but with a younger kid, it's so easy to talk to them and make them laugh.

i don't mind old people, its stupid people i dont like. when i was getting on the bus this old guy said "so cute, you remind me of my daughter" then he warned me of something on the ground which i probably stepped in.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]i don't mind old people, its stupid people i dont like. when i was getting on the bus this old guy said "so cute, you remind me of my daughter" then he warned me of something on the ground which i probably stepped in. [/B][/QUOTE]

Why........Isn't that nice. :D

well actually I like my grandparents, and some other old ppls. My mum ( she works at TWBA Base hospital) every now and again she has to go to this nursing home to check out their budget and help out and stuff, any how, the place is full of old ppls. The sad thing is that they are slightly. .. odd, but there are others there that aren't, but have just been dumped there by their kids who promptly go off and spend all their inheritance:(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Erm...your post doesn't really make sense.

Just make sure this topic doesn't get to the point of disrespecting your elders. Keep it respectful...and it can stay open.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Dont worry i dont intend on directly disrepecting all old people, its just that some of them are absolutely crazy.

[color=orangered][size=1]Well, the other night I went to a rollerblading place with my sister and brother.

It was an indoor place and it had a big plastic rink thingy...

The place itself is so crappy...it's a 70's throwback (yes, all its walls are in blue carpet...lol).

Anyway, we were sitting at this table talking and this guy walked past us...he wasn't exactly elderly...he was probably around 55-60 or so.

And at first, he just stood there near our table. He looked really uncomfortable...like the heat was getting to him (even though it wasn't hot in the building).

So anyway, he stood next to the barrier which seperates the rink from the food court (the barrier is like a big carpeted lump...it's disgusting). He leant down...and started wiping his face along the barrier.

He was trying to hide the fact that he was doing it...but we could see that he was trying to wipe the sweat from his face off on the barrier (I'm never touching those barriers again).

He then proceeded to start skating.

We then decided to ignore him...and went back to talking the usual crap that we talk at that place. Our conversation usually consists of pointing out the homies (there are HEAPS of 'em there) and the chicks who wear way too much makeup. We were also talking about a girl who was dancing to the music in the place...and man...she was so uncoordinated...we couldn't stop giggling.

[i]Anyway...[/i]

The old guy came back off the rink once he'd stopped skating.

He sat down at the table behind us. And a few minutes later, my sister said "hey...look behind you". I turned around and noticed that he'd taken off his skates...and had proceeded to crawl under the table. lol

He was crawling around looking for something...

But the thing is, the carpet on the floor is very flat...and very clean. You'd see a pin laying on the floor from a mile away. It's like searching for a black button on a white tile floor -- very easy to find.

He kept crawling around in circles under the table...it was very weird.

Anyway, that's my story about old people. A little off track...but hey, it's nearly 2am here right now. I'm allowed to ramble.[/color][/size]

I have many stories of the elderly, the most recent one is this one....

I'm standing at the bus stop minding my own business, and this old man starts walking towards the bus stop, he stops right behind me and looks at the bus arrival timetable, he then asked me "how often does the 66 come by here?", I looked at the timetable and in BIG writing it said "no.66 to arrive here every 7 minutes", anyway, I told him it comes every 7 minutes, and he said "thanks, I don't have my glasses on, you see, I left them at home", I looked at him strangely, he was WEARING glasses....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Old ppl call me "You no good pot-smoking skateboarding punk!" And I don't even smoke pot!....much. ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][color=crimson]Strange... Everyone calls me that...

Hm...

And i dont smoke pot..

Erm... yea...

*ahem*[/color]