OtakuBoards

Who has a job?

DeityTheGreat

[size=1]I work at a local oil change center about 36 hours a week.
I get burned, cut, scratched, scarred, and probably lose about two minutes of my life every time I inhale any kind of vapor that results from spilling a liquid on a hot part of the engine.

I can understand how people can think that my job is terrible, but I really do like it.
[quote name='Tyler Durden']"I don't want to die without any scars."[/quote]
Plus at 7.25 an hour plus a commision depending on how many extra services we sell, I make a pretty good chunk of change.[/size]

[size=1][color=slategray]I have a job (it's more like a mission)and a really good one. Being the middle child it's my burden to inflict pain upon my younger sibling, and solo responsibillity to annoy my older siblings. Yeah I know the job sucks but somebody has to do it. I don't even recieve any wages for the dirty work. But hey, I enjoy doing it and will do it for free.

[/size][/color]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]I work half the year (Usually the summer months, so I can spend time at home enjoying the winter) as a fisherman. We have a boat (Codfish Dan) that we all (6 friends and me) bought together. We got a licsense from the DFA ('Da Fishin' Agency) and now we basically go out every week, sail around and catch until our holds are full (Usually a week, now 'dat the Grand Banks are majroly depressing) and than take a week off. Repeat as needed - we usually just go out whenever we're running out of cash. Not really a bad job, since we're our own bosses and fishing pays pretty well to begin with. We pull in an average of 2000/month each (CDN) if the fish are jumpin'. Usually we save half of it, and by the winter we've got a lot of money left over and we can live like kings! Newfie Kings a' Da' Cod!

'Course, there's always those Atlantic storms to deal with - scary stuff. Still, a newfie's gotta eat.

'Da Newf[/COLOR]

Shway, Newfie.

I just started my job at [b]Boston Pizza[/b]. I'm a server so I get paid less than minimum wage, but my entire earnings pretty much double when you include tips.

It's not a bad job, lots of nice people, but working here enhances my perception of the bastards out there.

-ArV

[SIZE=1]I've worked at Chick-Fil-A (Weather you've heard of it or not depends upon where you live. It's only in specific parts of the US.) for almost a year. That's a long time, considering that I just turned 15 =D

I guess I like it okay. I still only get minimum wage because of my age, but that's alright. It's the only place that would hire me at 14.[/SIZE]

I work at Dominos Pizza. It's an alright job. I've bonded with my co workers really well and they've helped teach me. For awhile I was too scared to do anything else in the store but do the ovens which pretty much means I take the pizza out of the oven when it's cooked enough, cut it up, put it in a box, and keep going.
Now I do all sorts of stuff from taking orders to slapping out some pizza and topping it. I'll have worked there for about 6 months this December 16th.
I get paid minimum wage, which is $7.25 here in Oregon.

[quote name='Box Hoy']I get paid minimum wage, which is $7.25 here in Oregon.[/quote]
[size=1]Holy Christ!
Do you have any idea how long I had to pester my boss to get up to $7.25!?
I've been working at the same place for THREE YEARS!!
Man, you better count your blessings.[/size]

Ive been working as a paperboy for six years. Im a senior now so i started when i was in 6th grade. And i had a job interview a toys R Us and they never got back to me and now im going to start pursueing them more for the job. Because in my interview group at least three people i know recieved the job and i know that im more acceptable for the position than some of the people who were hired. :mad: Has anybody else experienced similar feelings. I am still upset they didnt hire me *damn* :grumble: , oh well let life be what it is... :nope:

I have a good little job in a small chain of paper and craft stores. I get paid 5.20 an hour which would be nearly $10 over the pond. I love the people I work with, and all I have to do is sit there and drink tea in the warmth. The customer's can be shirty but it's hardly ever and they generally tend to be nicer when it's busy at christmas :>

[QUOTE=Box Hoy]
I get paid minimum wage, which is $7.25 here in Oregon.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]When I heard that, I choked on my Dr. Pepper. It took me ten minutes to recover.

Minimum wage in Georia is two dollars less than that. *Wipes Dr. Pepper off computer screen* I [I]wish[/I] I made $7.25.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=slategray]Alright it looks like I have to spill the beans.

I work at a movie rental place called Gabes (my boss who owns it is really into his name I can't call him boss but Boss Gabes, and I don't even get an extra bonus for it). I work in the world of DVD's, VHS's, and CD's. I spend 5hrs there buffing DVD's, reshelving DVD's & VHS's, telling customers where certain movies are, and being lectured by Boss Gabes on controlling my tongue, when asked about certain movies (I tend to tell customers my opinions, which gets on the old man's nerves). However the pay is alright which is $5.16. I know a crummy pay but, hey it pays for my gas, and my junk food, plus I get discounts[shrugs].

[/size][/color]

I am the resident cleaning girl!! :catgirl:

It's really not as bad as it sounds. Yes, I do need to clean toilets of strangers (rich strangers who leave their lacey undergarments all over the closet :animesigh ), but the pay is better than at any other place i could have gotten a job at.

$10 an hour. Straight into my pocket, with no income tax. Plus, I'm working with fun people, and I love feeding the rich lady's cats. Besides, on a good weekend I can earn about $120. Not bad, I think.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well I suppose technically I could be referred to as an employed at the moment, given that I work approximately thirty hours per week but unfortunately don't get paid for it. My job for the lack of a better work is the role of cleaner, maid and cook rolled into one at home, a job which requires me to work some five/six hours day given my family. On top of that as my grandmother owns a farm, though not very large, I'm expected to go out for an hour or two most weekends and move through mucky fields chasing after cattle.

Earlier in the year when I was working I think my minimum wage was something like ?7.25, which is over $8 but Ireland seems to be a fairly affluent country at the moment, and is also the most expensive in Europe.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Well until a few months ago I worked as a Truck Driver. But I had too many obligations at home and couldn?t be gone all the time so I quit that job and got a new one working for the United States Postal Service. I don?t deliver the mail; I just work in one of their research and customer service centers.

They still make you get fingerprinted and get a background check though as you have to have security clearance to access their database. So the first three weeks you don?t even know if your job will be permanent or not. If you fail to get clearance they fire you. >_<

A couple of the guys in my training class failed to disclose some past criminal records so they were denied clearance. Not because of the crimes, but because they lied on the application.

I wasn?t really worried about getting it though as you have to have a background check to get a hazmat endorsement on your commercial driver?s license so I?ve already passed one of those checks before when I was a Truck Driver. ^_~[/COLOR]