OtakuBoards

Snow Day!

kenshinsbabe

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Hooray! I just moved to a town in Missouri in May, and I found out that the snow day actually exists here. What's better, I've got one right now, or else I'd be in Health right now. :animeswea

Anyway, there's about a foot of snow here. That's right, a foot. What would you all do with a snow day and a foot of snow? Me, I'm gonna go sledding on the best hill this side of the Mississippi River. ^-^

So tell me about your reindeer games (or lack thereof)![/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]There's about 1 meter (3 ft aprox.) of snow in St.John's today. Nice and cold at -17. Great weather and a great day.

I usually play hockey on a local open-ice rink when I'm not out fishing. It's great fun because all the kids on my street come and so do a lotof other people, and we just have a little non-competitive non-contact game. Kind of touching, really.

I like it cold :cool: [/COLOR]

Guest darkruler
i live in truckee and we're a ski resort town so we normally get alot of snow when it does snow which it is a little late this year. but when i have a snow day i normally chill in the house watching anime, or playing rpg games like final fantasy and drinking cocoa.

I live in Minnesota....this is the WORST place to live considering I hate being cold and we don't get too much snow. And my school district sucks..all the districts around us get late starts, while Monticello drags out of bed in into the cold outdoors. I actually skipped school today because I didn't want to get out of bed and go outside. As you already know, we don't have much snow up here, and if we did, I'd still be inside typing away on my little computer or playing a shitload of DDR.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]This is the scary thing for my "Snow day" It hasnt even snowed at all and I live down here in texas. Everything just...froze over night and now They cancled school because of the icy roads and such. I however love the winter. I love anything cold, I love the snow! Why can it not snow down here?

The one thing I do however hate about snow days though, Is the fact that you have to make the day up sometime..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]
Crap. All you lucky people.

In New Mexico the weather sucks. There isn't literally a cloud in sight. Yeah sure, we have a light frost over but nothing to get all worked up for. Even if there was a snow day in my area, we are still required to go to school. I have an academic principle who gets exited everyday there is school, I swear the bum must actually come to school at midnight and wait all excited for the day to start. Pathetic Loser. At any rate rain or shine, snow or slush, my highschool is always open. I really loathe my school and radio stations that never says there is no school today.
Yeah, I know typical.

[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Last time we got snow was actually Christmas Day last year, which was about the first time in three or four years that I recall we had snow. Ireland has a fairly mild climate and seeing as I live down in what's called "the sunny south-east" we get even milder weather than anywhere else. Lots of rain around winter but snow only happens under some pretty certain conditions.

I love snow days when they happen because it always puts people in a good mood, either in school if they have it, or for the obvious reason that they get the day off because of weather conditions. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the cold weather associated with snow as it used mean a nice icy half hour wait at seven-twenty in the morning for the school bus. Still as I said cold or not, snow is one of those things that can't help make you smile when you see it, that is if you do see it too often.[/SIZE]

In Quebec City, we've been having all sort of crazy things so far, but it has calmed down recently. Two weeks ago, we've had rain, snow, snow pellets and sun all in the span of a few hours >.< *shakes fist at sky* Damnit, make your mind up there!!

There's only about a inch or two on the ground at the moment, though.

On snow days I tend to:

A.) Hole up inside because when I get too cold, I throw up. Besides, there's nothing cozier then shacking up all warm-like when its -10° outside.

B.) Throw snow balls at cars. It's a habit, i've been doing it since I was a little kid and I don't think I score any brownie points for it. Either way, its fun.

I live in Iowa, so yeah, we get plenty of snow. Unfortunately, this means we know how to deal with snow. So, unless it's more than six inches at about 2:00 AM, the streets will be cleared in time for school. Not to mention that our super intendent refuses to let us have snow days if there is any way to get us in school. So, we rarely have snow days.

The few times we DO have snow days, I'm always almost inside. It's too cold out there to play in the snow! I enjoy my heat and my video games.

Guest Darth_Goober
hey, i know how you feel about seeing a foot of snow for the first time, i live in friggin victoria, texas and we got a foot of snow last year and everyone was freakin out man, you wouldve thought they dumped crack into our water supply, but yah, we have snowball fights out the wazoo and we saved some in the freezer, and we still have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[COLOR=#004a6f]It started snowing late in november where I live, it started out with a huge blizzard. I like snow, but the weather can be so freakin cold!!!! I finally got a pair of boots this week after trugging for two weeks in low top shoes.

With so many people walking thorugh it, and cars driving over it, the snow forms a rather icky layer or brown slush. It's pretty bad in the downdown area. Eww....

The snow is usually too cold and dry and fluffy to pack properly, so the kids don't get the usually opportunity to make snowpeople annd forts and such. On sunny days however, the snow warms up just enough to be put to good use. But I don't like sunny snow days because the sun's light reflects off the snow (Ahhh! My eyes!).

I love snow sometimes. It can be so beautiful, especially at night. I was walking home late at night , because I got off at the wrong stop, 5 stops after mine (I was reading and wasn't paying attention). It's a nice feeling, being all alone on a quiet street, with not a person or car in sight, surrounded by sparkling snow and even more snow falling gently from the sky.[/COLOR]