OtakuBoards

So, i'm going to run away from home.

Guest Kaise

[QUOTE=Amelia][FONT=Arial]Parents are annoying forever, I know, even when I get my own house and my own family, parents will continue to be annoying. It's not just something that happens when you're a teen.

And like I said, you want out, so do the right thing. Almost everyone in this thread has strongly discouraged running away, and you've all ready completely eliminated suicide. So do the right thing and follow the right advice (I'll give you a hint, it doesn't involve running away).

However, I do believe that if he strangles you or hurts you physically again, you had better run as fast as you can to the nearest police officer or any adult who could help you. Just don't try to take care of it yourself, because as most people who have posted here know from experience: it makes it worse.

And, no, employers have no right to use an employees money once they have rightfully transferred it from the place of employment's register to your own hands. However, there is no paperwork involved with allowance, and parents have much more authority over you than a boss would.

But Kaise, really, you can't just stay on the computer claiming that you'd rather run away than stay with your father. You have to make people believe you, by showing them bruises your father might give you, or as it's been suggested, recording his outbursts on tape and playing it for someone who can help you. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

1:My mom's quite calm & enjoyable to be around, for one.
2:I've tried talking to him about it, he is too stubborn to admit he's wrong.
3:I will if he does, i've decided on this.
4:It's still the same ethical treatment when parents take money out of YOUR wallet.
5:I don't have a tape recorder, or bruises.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE=Amelia]And Brasil, if you hate threads like these so much, rather than post pointless images that really have nothing to do with the topic (because when a person asks for advice, even if they are doing it over the internet, they are asking for help and not belittling spamcrap), how about you just...not post in them? I mean, really, is it such a difficult concept?

xP.[/QUOTE] You know what? No, it's not a difficult concept. But here's the rub: these types of threads pop-up [i]all the time[/i], and there is never [i]any[/i] variation. They're all the same [i]prototypical teen angst bullsh*t[/i]. The OP here is 15 years old, I think. [b][i]15[/i][/b]. Not even an upperclassman in high school yet. And they're already on here talking about how horrible their life is? That they want to run away from home? That they want to kill their father?

Don't get me wrong, I think troubled homelives suck. I'm not some heartless bastard or anything, but eventually, there has to be a line drawn. And that line has to be clear. Everyone has problems. Hell, you have some people on this messageboard who border on social retardation. Some people here [i]truly[/i] are that socially inept.

But do we hear their sobstories all the time?

No, we don't. Do you know why?

Because they aren't special. Their sobstory isn't special. Everyone's life has sucked big donkey balls at one point or another.

Hell, I spent [u][b][i]four days[/i][/b][/u] in a frigging [i]psych ward[/i] a few years ago. Do you think I enjoyed that ****? Do you think I didn't cry myself to sleep? You know what, just to prove my point that everyone has really horrible crap happen to them sometimes, I'm going to do a quick recap of a [i]fraction[/i] of the crap I experienced (stuff I didn't suppress) in that psych ward:

[quote]What's really unusual about most horrible experiences is that most people really have no idea what's truly horrible, what's truly unsettling. And I think it's safe to say that some will never, ever know just how unsettling life can truly be, and truly, they've never experienced actual dread and fear, and thus, it's safe to say, they blow little things way out of proportion.

It's funny, because I haven't really delved into some of the really disturbing stuff that I've seen in my life. I've talked about the car crash from 2002, sure, but even then...that was always a general overview. Maybe I had just put some stuff out of my head after that, repressed the memories, but I doubt it. I think the reason I rarely talk about them is that I just never...felt the need. But I've been thinking about them lately, and I feel like actually talking about them now.

As many of you know, being admitted into the psych ward at Virtua a few years ago was a pretty huge thing for me. It was the catalyst for a change in my life philosophy, my worldview, my approach, and I would say almost everything about me. The 3.5 days spent there were probably the most important 3.5 days of my life, because not only did I witness lives that were undeniably worse off than mine, those lives were, by comparison, infinitely better than other psych ward patients in other parts of the state and country.

There's something profound about that realization when it hits you.

You could be sitting there, in the kitchen area, next to an older woman who's either Italian or mentally challenged (or both, because at times, her accent sounds Italian, and other times, it just sounds broken), both of you consoling another older woman who is probably in her late 40s. The late 40s woman is crying in such a way you never imagined possible. You ask her what's wrong, and her reply is something you never could have imagined possible.

She wants to leave, but the psychiatrists there don't feel she's ready, and have ordered more electroshock therapy for her disorder(s?). Now, hearing "electroshock therapy" was enough to send chills through you. And she apparently received it on a regular basis. I didn't ask about the specifics of it, if it was like we see in movies, because quite frankly, I didn't want to know, and I doubt she wanted to tell me.

But electroshock therapy. A woman with a family and kids. In tears. Because she was just informed that she needed more electroshock therapy. Just sitting there with her was something you never, ever forget. And probably the most unsettling thing about that was realizing just how helpless you were in helping her--even helping her to calm down and smile. There you are, barely 18 years old, cracking Monty Python and the Life of Brian jokes to help a woman 3x your age stop crying just for a few seconds.

And then you realize she's not going to stop crying. No matter how many lame impressions you do, or "It'll be all right" head tilts, or "Always look on the bright side of life" renditions...you realize that you're completely out of your league, so to speak. All of what you know at that point in time is irrelevant. Completely. Whatever dumb jokes you know, whatever movies you've seen, whatever books you've read...they all mean absolutely nothing, and at that moment, you realize you can't be some idiot teenager cliche anymore. You realize there's a world beyond what you know, a world that...you can only hope to comprehend. A world that you need to start preparing for.

Sometimes you have that realization when you're lying in your bed and get up to go to the bathroom but can't get in to the bathroom for your room. The door's locked. So you go out into the hall and head to the front desk. The bathroom door is locked because someone is on suicide watch. At that point, though, the only one in your room is you. When you observe things like that, that realization comes very quickly.

When you're sitting in the "library" room, which consists of one bookshelf filled with "safe" reading materials, working on a research paper for a freshman comp course, flipping through Heart of Darkness, Dante's Inferno, and a few analyses of Apocalypse Now, making connections between those three works and laying down the foundation for what will become a 12-page paper that nets you an A...and glance through the windows into the "living room" and see the rest of the patients sitting on the couches watching TV...your life isn't that bad. In fact, it isn't bad at all. That's all those people have. They may have a fraction of the mind that you have, but they can't use it, even if they do.

The daily group meetings in that library room hit you even harder, and drive that point even closer when the doctor selects people around the circle and asks them to set one or two goals for the day. There's a guilt, almost--no, you DO feel guilty about what your goal is: to finish another portion of your research paper. You say that in the group, and it's one of the most uncomfortable things you've ever done, because here you are, sitting in front of people who can barely write a letter--some who actually set their goal for the day to write a letter--and setting a goal for yourself to write something that 90% of them will never, ever, ever be able to do, even in their dreams.

And that's provided they can fall asleep. Some can't. Some of them there will lay in their beds at night, screaming and moaning how "I want to get out of here, let me get out, I don't want to be here!" There are times--no, all the time--when you can hear them through the walls. After a while, it stops, and why it stopped, that's what you wonder before you eventually fall asleep. Your imagination starts filling in the blanks. Then you start thinking sedatives from the orderlies. You think it's too outrageous to be true. But electroshock therapy also seemed pretty outrageous up until a day before.

Other times, you're sitting in the library, working on that research paper, with everyone else out in that living room, and it further shows you how different your life is, because some of the patients are having fun with an older man (probably in his 80s or 90s) who really has no idea where he is. They tell him to walk into the room you're in, and then you're the one (or so you think) who has to politely guide him out. The orderlies and such end up doing the guiding, but it still happened, and it really affects you.

Another time, someone screams CODE BLUE. You turn and see that old man flailing his arms about. He got physical. A squad of orderlies runs in with a stretcher and tie him down on it. He's still screaming. They wheel him out. He's still screaming.

One of the patients is a girl your age. When you hear that, you're happy. There's someone there you can talk with. Someone who wasn't born during the start of the Cold War. Someone who isn't old enough to be your parents. Then that rare moment when she comes out of her room, and that hope vanishes when you see her. There's nothing there. It's just a vague, blank stare with almost lifeless eyes in a disheveled hospital gown, messy hair, and a few chin whiskers. That person is your age only by year. By any other standard, she might as well have been a wheelchair-bound catatonic.

Those are things that just....change you. They're things you will never ever forget, and they're things that educate you more than you ever thought you knew. I mean...being in there, and seeing all of that, it showed me that whatever I was upset about in my tiny, provincial life...it meant absolutely nothing. Everything I knew was wrong, and everything I thought was wrong...wasn't.[/quote] So, before you go mouthing off to me, implying that I'm just some heartless dickhead who gets off on posting sarcastic images that say more in three sentences than the majority of replies here have said in [i]pages[/i]...take a step back first, remove your head from your rectum, clear out your ears of all the **** there, and then think long and hard about why I might be posting to begin with.

If you still can't figure it out, there's no hope for you, and I'll be left with no choice but to show you what Gilligan thinks.

[quote name='Kaise]I'd enjoy growing up. Telling me that "other people would love what you have" doesn't help me ANY. I have hated my father for 15 years, this is far from a falling out. I hate his guts, and [b] i would really rather be a third world starving child than be with him [/b'] . He is NOT good for me. He's more of a dictator than a parent. What kind of parent makes sure thier kid doesn't spend a dollar on anything that they don't want to get. I WANT to make him hurt, he needs it. Not resolution, it's too bloody between us to be peaceful. I'm either running away, or killing myself. And i'm choosing life, as opposed to killing myself.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Teal]
Look, I'm not gonna get into whether you should or should not run away from home. One sided biases and lack of information make it impossible for any of us save you to fully understand your current position and what you should and shouldn't do. But I do know one thing, and I'll be damned if I'll let you say that. You live in America, the most economically powerful country in the world. Living conditions here are far beyond many third world countries. You would not give up what you have to live in Somalia, Haiti, or Sudan.

This is one of the things that make me mad, we Americans don't know how sweet we have it. You don't know even 1% of the things people go through in those countries, hell I read up on alot of this crap and I acknowledge I don't know squat about their living conditions. Let?s try some comparison.

An Iraqi man waked up at dawn in a small house in Bagdad, another car bomb interrupts his early morning routine as he sees smoke rising out the window. Insurgents continue to roam the shadows of the city and try to destabilize the government in any way they can. His late brother was killed in a suicide bombing and his funeral was yesterday, that?s the third family member since the war started. And what is he going to do? Why he's going to get his nice shirt on and go to work.

Now lets take you, you have a mildly (Yes, it is mild, he isn't beating you on a basis, this is mild) abusive step father that has entered your family. You go to school, enjoy at least a mid-range life, play video games and chat with people online in your free time. What-cha gonna do? Well I guess you want to run away because someone?s may or may not be a control freak.

Huh, I'm gonna be guessing who the stronger person is here, and I'm gonna tell you never to think you could live in a third world or unstable country unless you actually mean it. Teenage angst is not an excuse for believing you could ender the suffering of millions when you don't even know what it is.

And before you go saying ?I don?t know what its like,? I assure you, my life has some stories within itself.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I think that we're getting off on the wrong track if we take this thread to be about "who has it worse" when discussing the conditions people live under compared to the initial poster. Of [i]course[/i] Kaise won't win any battles here, so don't try to viciously attack him for it. The point of replying to this topic is to give advice on how he should deal with his father, even despite other things he or other members may say. Otherwise, no progress will be made. On that same note, Kaise, you should consider and take to heart a few of these suggestions before deciding that they will not work. If we're not working to utilize advice, then this thread is useless. And the only way we can give good advice is if you're truthful about these things in a direct sort of way.

With that said, the biggest problem that we have stems from the fact that we know very little about the entire situation. In fact, if you want to get technical, we don't [i]know[/i] anything about it, only [i]that[/i] you told us these things, mainly indirectly outside of your feelings of anger and hate for your father. Feelings such as these very often embelish a story to support fueling these obsessive thoughts, so it's a never-ending problem that we may have caught you on the tail end of. I'm not saying you intentionally made some of this up, but perhaps you should take a step back and confirm the truth here before allowing people to immediately jump on your side supporting things such as taking the situation to the cops. If the problems truly are that bad, if your father hits you or seriously abuses you, then by all means take the advice. But don't intentionally lead people on in the wrong direction of this case, because not only should advice such as that only be given after a careful observance of the evidence, but that would make this thread utterly pointless if the information for the basis of the advice was false to begin with.

EDIT: I agree wholeheartedly with Chabichou. We're all human here; acting with this inferiority complex claiming your superiority over others shows more about you than it does of the ones you put down. From what I understand, it seems that you're acting a lot like this stubborn father Kaise is attempting to escape from. And if that's the case.. then I can't really blame him for wanting to make this topic.

[QUOTE=Chabichou][color=#004a6f]From my understanding, you seem to think it's justifiable to punish people who make posts you find stupid by making nasty remarks.

How about for ONCE, just for once, STOP belittleing people. There are ways to teach em a lesson without insulting them. "Remove your head from your rectum"? Come ON. I'm sorry Brasil, but you really have got to stop the foul language. Please. Amelia did not deserve that comment.[/color][/QUOTE] Chabichou, congratulations. You've earned it.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/madsatirist/OBGilligan2.png[/img]

And since we obviously can't just post images that say precisely what so many people are thinking...I'll needlessly elaborate.

It's gotten to a point around here where anyone can post any type of "OMG my life is horrible" drivel and so many people still feel like they have to flock to that person's aid.

I don't believe that's necessary at all.

This thread in particular...is a perfect example of the OP whining about how horrible his or her life is, and then throwing the advice of others pretty much right back in their faces. I'm sorry, but regardless of who you are, that is just piss-poor behavior, and it really should not be tolerated, and others should not imply it's okay.

Because it is not okay. If you were to read through this thread, you're going to find a majority of the initial replies trying to be helpful. And then the OP either just disregards them entirely or damn near insults the posters' intelligence...the prototypical "You don't know me" teen angst argument. And I challenge anyone to try to counter me on that. I challenge anyone here to show the OP didn't try to pull any variation on that "You don't know me" rebuttal. And let's not forget the completely irrelevant references to Sony.

I sound like a complete dick here, and you know what? I really don't care. I don't care because I know precisely the kind of treatment people need when they're in the same place that the OP is in.

I find it laughable, quite frankly, that some here are accusing me of trying to assert some sort of superiority over others in this thread, when I've been making it very, very clear that I'm using personal experiences to illustrate that nobody has had a perfect life, and that nobody will ever have a perfect life. And because of this, as I have stated before, people should not think that they are special in any way at all.

I dealt with the crap that's gone wrong in my life. Others here have, too. Why can't people like the OP? Oh, that's right. Because they're getting sympathy from others. Hate me all you want, but giving attention-grabbers like this sympathy is doing them no good at all. I know from experience.

Do you honestly believe I would have gotten over so much of my own traumatic life experiences had I been comforted the entire time? Simple answer here is no, I wouldn't have. Had I not turned on the light in the bathroom in the emergency ward and not seen what basically was a walking corpse...my life philosophy would not have changed. If the nurses in the hospital prevented me from seeing the reality of that situation, I would have never changed my entire approach to living. I would have continued to be some scared little punk who thinks he's got the world all figured out.

What I saw in the mirror was tough love in every sense of the idea. And only tough love helps people through really traumatic experiences. They need to face death to understand death, so that's another reason I find so many replies here utterly laughable. Some here are criticizing me for being too harsh, yet they're too wrapped up in sympathetic pity to open their eyes and realize exactly what's going on here.

I don't mean to highjack this thread or anything, so I'll take my leave, but before I go, I'd like to request that a few people here take a good hard look at themselves and start thinking rationally, because I think that'd do a lot of good for some of them. You see, there comes a point where you're supposed to stop feeling sorry for individuals and start treating them like you'd treat a sociopath. I'm not quite sure why a few people here haven't reached that point yet, but I'd highly recommend that they consider it.

[b]EDIT:[/b] And Mitch, I'm not brilliant. Far from it. I'm pretty damn average when it comes to most things. If I were brilliant, some type of higher order of intelligence than most people here, nobody would find logic in what I'm saying. But as it stands? Check page 3. There are a few posts there that echo my sentiments. Page 2 has a few, as well.

If I were truly brilliant, only I would be the only one offering these insights. And I'm not the only one offering these insights.

Ergo, I'm not brilliant. I just enjoy a little thing called common sense. You know, common sense, the thing that helps people deal with their personal lives in a mature, responsible manner? The thing that allows people to see things rationally, unburdened by hypersensitivity?

Honestly, since when can you just post a bunch of images and call that a post? When I was a mod around here I would've never allowed something like that. I mean, it's fine to include some images or whatnot...but at least have some essence to your post, rather than just belittling the maker of this thread and everyone else that's at least taking it somewhat seriously. And how is posting that Psych Ward thing from your My O defending anything? Like was said before, you should've just not said anything at all, nor should you have come into this thread if you don't like it. It's what I've done for quite a long time.

Alex, I can understand your frustration with threads like these, but unfortunately I don't see teens suddenly changing into non-angst-ridden people. We all go through that kind of phase at some point, and even after that phase, we get angsty from time-to-time. It's common sense. It happens. Instead of cutting this person down, you could at least tell them that you stayed at a Psych Ward and also that life isn't pointless and so on (which you have done to an extent, but yet again are too crass about it, which just will never work). It's called kindness, which you don't seem to really have half the time. . .

A lot of people are really sick of this type of thing from you, Alex. I think they give you too much leeway around here, just because you're brilliant. Your brilliance can be quite annoying, you know. If you were someone else you would've been banned long ago. At least show some decency. At least.

We all know Alex can fight his own battles, but I?ll try to step in here to at least prevent the **** from hitting the fan:
[quote name='Mitch']Honestly, since when can you just post a bunch of images and call that a post? When I was a mod around here I would've never allowed something like that. I mean, it's fine to include some images or whatnot...but at least have some essence to your post, rather than just belittling the maker of this thread and everyone else that's at least taking it somewhat seriously. [/quote]

Alex justified why he posted his images: because he doesn?t take threads like these seriously. I posted images because I think these threads are simply ridiculous. This kid isn?t going to get some sort of instant resolution to his family problems from his first couple posts here on OB. I mean, look at the way he?s been responding: he continued to make excuses about his situation, disregarded any sympathetic advice, and continued to whine about how terrible life is for him.

[quote name='Mitch']And how is posting that Psych Ward thing from your My O defending anything? Like was said before, you should've just not said anything at all, nor should you have come into this thread if you don't like it. It's what I've done for quite a long time. [/quote]

His post was just meant to find humor in the situation. It?s like when you see teens on MTV?s show ?made? crying and breaking down because they don?t like the effort required to be ?made? into their ?dream-[insert athletic type, talent type,attribute]?. At least most of the kids recognize that they need to control their [i]own[/i] decisions, and their [i]own[/i] reactions to the world they sit in. Life is really 90% of what you make of it. As for Alex?s Psych post; well, he can at least empathize with greater experience than most would give him the benefit of the doubt for.

[quote name='Mitch']Alex, I can understand your frustration with threads like these, but unfortunately I don't see teens suddenly changing into non-angst-ridden people. We all go through that kind of phase at some point, and even after that phase, we get angsty from time-to-time. It's common sense. It happens. Instead of cutting this person down, you could at least tell them that you stayed at a Psych Ward and also that life isn't pointless and so on (which you have done to an extent, but yet again are too crass about it, which just will never work). It's called kindness, which you don't seem to really have half the time. . . [/quote]

Alex and I are doing exactly what we think is good for any angst-ridden teen when we post pictures that sarcastically mock the thread- we are prescribing a good dose of ?tough ****?. Marcus Aurelius had it right when he said that some measure of stoicism is necessary to grow up. Kaise has a lot of growing up to do and there?s two ways of getting that message through to him. The first method has been tried, and unsuccessful: holding his hand through the issue until he hopefully comes to the realization that he must not only face his problems, but face his own emotions. The second, which Alex isn?t afraid to use is really a sort of tough-love. The philosophy (and I grew up on tough love) is teaching a child who is dealing with a situation inappropriately to think about his situation and learn some common sense. Tough love ?forces? you to re-assess your situation. And frankly, Kaise has gotten a lot of advice? but this thread treads on?

[QUOTE=Mitch]
A lot of people are really sick of this type of thing from you, Alex. I think they give you too much leeway around here, just because you're brilliant. Your brilliance can be quite annoying, you know. If you were someone else you would've been banned long ago. At least show some decency. At least.[/QUOTE]
Mitch, I know you and Alex don?t get along. But please tell me how this paragraph is going to help your case at all? Essentially implying he should be banned? A man of lesser decency wouldn?t bother justifying his position. I respect the fact that he has. His pictures add an element of humor that is appropriate for these threads because they are trite and infantile. If we can joke about issues political and serious on other threads, why is it a crime to do so on this?

Which reminds me:

[Img]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2382/diecopy7ob.jpg[/img]

[COLOR=Indigo]I don?t have a nifty picture like Brasil and Drix D?Zanth, but I do have one word to contribute: Trolling.

I can see why the pictures were posted and I have to agree. In spite of everyone?s kind attempt to help this kid; every suggestion is met with an instant it won?t work response. I can understand wanting help if you live in a dysfunctional family, but there never will be an instant solution.

I?m not going to bother repeating the same advise others have already given. I am sorry if you really are having such a hard time, but take the advise you?ve been given and do something with it and let the thread die. It?s time to move on and do something. I won?t say which path you should take since that?s something only you can decide.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#004a6f]Brasil, I was reffering to your comments towards Amelia, which were really offensive. You first post wasn't really that mean.

Anyway, I don't see Kaise insulting any of the members. Based on his information, he does have it hard with his stepdad.

His intention of making this thread was to ask what's the best way not to get caught. It's not his fault people are asking about his family problems. It's not his fault everyone is trying to convince him not to run away, and just because he's ignoring the [B]advice that he didn't ask for[/B], that doesn't mean he needs a "tough lesson". Like, most people here I do agree that he shouldn't run away, but just because he doesn't accept that advice, it doesn't give us the right to belittle him. Why? Because it's [B]advice that he didn't ask for[/B].

If you think that this thread is so ridiculous, why not report it to the mods, instead of posting [B]spam[/B]?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Brasil]Chabichou, congratulations. You've earned it.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/madsatirist/OBGilligan2.png[/img]

And since we obviously can't just post images that say precisely what so many people are thinking...I'll needlessly elaborate.

It's gotten to a point around here where anyone can post any type of "OMG my life is horrible" drivel and so many people still feel like they have to flock to that person's aid.

I don't believe that's necessary at all.

This thread in particular...is a perfect example of the OP whining about how horrible his or her life is, and then throwing the advice of others pretty much right back in their faces. I'm sorry, but regardless of who you are, that is just piss-poor behavior, and it really should not be tolerated, and others should not imply it's okay.

Because it is not okay. If you were to read through this thread, you're going to find a majority of the initial replies trying to be helpful. And then the OP either just disregards them entirely or damn near insults the posters' intelligence...the prototypical "You don't know me" teen angst argument. And I challenge anyone to try to counter me on that. I challenge anyone here to show the OP didn't try to pull any variation on that "You don't know me" rebuttal. And let's not forget the completely irrelevant references to Sony.

I sound like a complete dick here, and you know what? I really don't care. I don't care because I know precisely the kind of treatment people need when they're in the same place that the OP is in.

I find it laughable, quite frankly, that some here are accusing me of trying to assert some sort of superiority over others in this thread, when I've been making it very, very clear that I'm using personal experiences to illustrate that nobody has had a perfect life, and that nobody will ever have a perfect life. And because of this, as I have stated before, people should not think that they are special in any way at all.

I dealt with the crap that's gone wrong in my life. Others here have, too. Why can't people like the OP? Oh, that's right. Because they're getting sympathy from others. Hate me all you want, but giving attention-grabbers like this sympathy is doing them no good at all. I know from experience.

Do you honestly believe I would have gotten over so much of my own traumatic life experiences had I been comforted the entire time? Simple answer here is no, I wouldn't have. Had I not turned on the light in the bathroom in the emergency ward and not seen what basically was a walking corpse...my life philosophy would not have changed. If the nurses in the hospital prevented me from seeing the reality of that situation, I would have never changed my entire approach to living. I would have continued to be some scared little punk who thinks he's got the world all figured out.

What I saw in the mirror was tough love in every sense of the idea. And only tough love helps people through really traumatic experiences. They need to face death to understand death, so that's another reason I find so many replies here utterly laughable. Some here are criticizing me for being too harsh, yet they're too wrapped up in sympathetic pity to open their eyes and realize exactly what's going on here.

I don't mean to highjack this thread or anything, so I'll take my leave, but before I go, I'd like to request that a few people here take a good hard look at themselves and start thinking rationally, because I think that'd do a lot of good for some of them. You see, there comes a point where you're supposed to stop feeling sorry for individuals and start treating them like you'd treat a sociopath. I'm not quite sure why a few people here haven't reached that point yet, but I'd highly recommend that they consider it.

[b]EDIT:[/b] And Mitch, I'm not brilliant. Far from it. I'm pretty damn average when it comes to most things. If I were brilliant, some type of higher order of intelligence than most people here, nobody would find logic in what I'm saying. But as it stands? Check page 3. There are a few posts there that echo my sentiments. Page 2 has a few, as well.

If I were truly brilliant, only I would be the only one offering these insights. And I'm not the only one offering these insights.

Ergo, I'm not brilliant. I just enjoy a little thing called common sense. You know, common sense, the thing that helps people deal with their personal lives in a mature, responsible manner? The thing that allows people to see things rationally, unburdened by hypersensitivity?[/QUOTE]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25095&stc=1[/img]

Forgive me for not reading all those pages so if this was just meantioned pay me no mind.

First off if you succeed in running away what do you think your father's reaction will be? Shocked? Disappointed? Or not even surprised at all. What if doing this you end up hurting the wrong people in your life? Grandparents, cousins, or even your own Mother?

Secondly there are other ways of dealing with this issue then suicide or running away. Deep down don't you think either are both the cowards way out? I am not saying you are a coward but those actions seem that way pardon my views.

If you hate your dad if I were in your shoes I would put up with his antics then when you are old enough leave and never talk to him again. If you truely hate him then do that and for the rest of his life he will realise what he may have done wrong. It isnt smart to run away from home at your age now due to financial reasons. But hey what do I know I am just a muppet.

Seriously think it through before doing that. In the end it might not even be worth it.

[size=1]And on that note, this thread is being closed.

There are countless non-profit organizations around the country that are better prepared to help you with your situation, Kaise. It seems like posting this type of topic in our discussion forums is nothing more than an attempt to get some sort of attention from our member base. I encourage you to seek some sort of professional help and find a solution to your problems, but this thread is not the best way to go about it.

To those members who have posted inappropriate images, and caused this thread to degenerate into something like this: Knock it off. You have both been warned in the past over this kind of behavior. I'll be bringing this to the attention of our other staff members in hopes of finding some sort of final solution.

Thread closed.

-Shy[/size]