• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=crimson]

1. Don't bother.

2. Think.

It can't really be that tough living at home now, can it? You may have had a falling out with one of your partens, but is it worth running away from home, causing panic and worry to those that love you? That's selfish man.

The problems you face at home can be solved, issues can be dealt with, runnign away won't deal with them, it will just cause more pain and hurt.

3. Really, you have it good.

You've got a home to go to and food on the table, many, many people do not have that privilege. Some of the world's most poorest peopel would kill to have what you have. And they certainly would not give it up for some misgivings with their family.

4. Not tips here, not one. I'm not going to assist you to throw away something that many people would be grateful for. (read; family and a home) Sorry mate, but you gotta think of the ramifications of your actions, and grow up.[/color]

I 'd have to agree. Running away from home is very stupid. Is there a certain reason you're trying to do it? Are you being abused? If not, then just grow up. Like Shinji said, many people would be grateful to have a home. Follow me and Shinji's advice: stay put. I'm not going to give you any advice either. If you're having a problem, talk to someone about it; that's usually the best course of action ^_^

[QUOTE=Shinji][color=crimson]

1. Don't bother.

2. Think.

It can't really be that tough living at home now, can it? You may have had a falling out with one of your partens, but is it worth running away from home, causing panic and worry to those that love you? That's selfish man.

The problems you face at home can be solved, issues can be dealt with, runnign away won't deal with them, it will just cause more pain and hurt.

3. Really, you have it good.

You've got a home to go to and food on the table, many, many people do not have that privilege. Some of the world's most poorest peopel would kill to have what you have. And they certainly would not give it up for some misgivings with their family.

4. Not tips here, not one. I'm not going to assist you to throw away something that many people would be grateful for. (read; family and a home) Sorry mate, but you gotta think of the ramifications of your actions, and grow up.[/color][/QUOTE]

I'd enjoy growing up. Telling me that "other people would love what you have" doesn't help me ANY. I have hated my father for 15 years, this is far from a falling out. I hate his guts, and i would really rather be a third world starving child than be with him. He is NOT good for me. He's more of a dictator than a parent. What kind of parent makes sure thier kid doesn't spend a dollar on anything that they don't want to get. I WANT to make him hurt, he needs it. Not resolution, it's too bloody between us to be peaceful. I'm either running away, or killing myself. And i'm choosing life, as opposed to killing myself.

Take me with you!!!!!

Seriously, I always think about sleeping in the basement so my parents will see Im not in bed and freak out. Then they could find me and ask why I did something so dumb and I would finally be able to talk to them.

Or, I could just run away with you. Sounds like fun! Then I could live up to my name.

Tips: Do it when their asleep, geez that was so hard.

Yeah, well...no.
Just don't run away.
If you think all your problems will be fixed, think of this:
where the hell will you live?
Yea, you think...a frends house maybe, ya' think your frends gonna want
you there forever?
(Just how old are you anyway?)
Look, i'm 13 and even i know running away isn't the solution to most of your problems.
There are people in the streets probly wishing to be where you are at, at least.
But i can't stop you from doing anything, you don't know me, and i don't know
you...so it's your decision.
I'm just telling you it's not the best choice...

I was in the same situation a long while back, my father is from Switzerland, and was very unforgiving and verbally/physically abusive.

What helped my case was, my parents finally got a divorce years later, and now my father and I are best friends, and not in a million years would I ever think that could be possible.

How are your parents relationship? Is you father foreign and mother american?

From standing back now and looking at the situation, and I know it was wrong of him, but I believe that my father was taking out his frustration from his bitter relationship with my mother on me.

Our situations may be different, but it's just some ideas for you to ponder.

I don't reccomend running away, as many times as I've thought about it, it just isn't worth it, and trust me, I had good reason to do so, but I just stuck it out, and things eventually worked out.

[color=crimson] What parent isn't a dictator? Granted, dictatorial more than others, but that's life, you learn to deal with it. The parent figure who acts such a way is only looking out for you, wether you see it right now or not. I'd rather have more rules and a strict control of what I do over havign total leniency and feeling like my parents don't care. Of course, your father may be piling it on a little too strong, but what's life without the typical "parent who just doesn't get you"?

It doesn't matter how "bloody" it has got between you, reconcilliation is always still an option. Hell, if Belfast and Dublin (Ireland) can put aside thier differences, a father and son can too aye.

Running away and suicide are such weak options. it takes guts to try and striaghten things out and reconcile misgivings.

But whatever, best of luck in your endeavours, whatever you decide. [spoiler] I hope you get caught.[/spoiler][/color]

I'm 15. My parent's relationship is just fine, unfortunately. Yes, a friend does want to let me stay at ther house, and yes, it will last until i'm 18, at least. Unless you can come up with a better option to get him out of my life, then running away is the best choice of action.

Either that, or suicide.

[QUOTE=Shinji][color=crimson] What parent isn't a dictator? Granted, dictatorial more than others, but that's life, you learn to deal with it. The parent figure who acts such a way is only looking out for you, wether you see it right now or not. I'd rather have more rules and a strict control of what I do over havign total leniency and feeling like my parents don't care. Of course, your father may be piling it on a little too strong, but what's life without the typical "parent who just doesn't get you"?

It doesn't matter how "bloody" it has got between you, reconcilliation is always still an option. Hell, if Belfast and Dublin (Ireland) can put aside thier differences, a father and son can too aye.

Running away and suicide are such weak options. it takes guts to try and striaghten things out and reconcile misgivings.

But whatever, best of luck in your endeavours, whatever you decide. [spoiler] I hope you get caught.[/spoiler][/color][/QUOTE]

I tried to reconcile things with him. I really did. He said that he's flawless and that his word is rule no matter what.

Tell me, shinji, in what way is a parent looking after thier kid, when they tell him to put away the food that he was going to eat after not eating anything for the day?

He's too stubborn to even consider how i feel about things. Last month, he's strangled me, saying it was "the right thing to do", just because i was the right thing to do. He constantly turns my rooms upside down looking for drugs, and then accuses me of making a mess. The rule is, if he doesn't get what HE wants, nothing else matters. I was saving up all my money to buy a PSP, but what decent parent rips up a kids $161 credit to gamestop, and demands that if you don't spend $63 on him, that he'll ground you for the rest of the year?

[SIZE=1]Well sounds like you're in a pretty tight fix, right now, doesn't it? Some people will be all like, 'don't run away, that's just plain [B]stupid[/B], dumbass!' But really, I guess it ends up being your choice, in the end. I can't really give you any good tips for successfully running away, but there are some tricks to the deal that might be useful to keep in mind.

1. Got any good friends that live nearby? My best friend crashed at my place after running away from his dad's for a little while. If you don't have a good friend or another reliable place to stay, forget about it. Life on the streets, even for a few days, sucks hardcore. Plan this sort of thing out with your friend ahead of time.

2. Of course, leave at night. This'll give you about a five hour headstart or so.

3. If your dad and them really hate you and you hate them that much, there's always the possibility that they might just let you go. You win.

4. But, if they do come to get you, your best bet is probably to come back quietly, and without a fuss. If they're so interested in finding you, they'll have cops, and cops have guns and beatsticks.

5. If you get taken back home, the effect of your running away might just have an affect on the way your stepdad look at you, see what you've been putting up with. In a way, you win.

6. Of course, in the worst-case scenario, you get the **** kicked out of you for being an 'ungrateful brat', but then you can file for domestic abuse or somethin', which'll eventually get you relocated. Again, you win.

That's just my take on it. If you wanna take the easiest possible way out, I recommend just waiting it out for another few years until you've got a job and/or a car, and haul your *** outta there.

Hope that kinda helped.

Holy ****, did I just give someone detailed instructions on how to make a runaway?! I can't believe I just did that. :animenose [/SIZE]

[quote name='eXo']Things get worse before they get better. Suicide is never the answer. Don't give up, keep your head up.[/quote]

I'm not planning on killing myself, that's why i'm choosing this option instead.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Kaise... where do you live. I don't know about you, but where I live, it gets mighty cold for the large part of the year. Ever hear stories of kids coming in off the street into those shelters with their shoes quite literally frozen to their now-dead feet? That certainly sounds pleasent! Besides, what are you going to eat or do with your life? How many child hobos ever get good jobs or ever move on in life? You can plan and come up with ideas all you want, but in the end running away will just ruin your life. It's a bad idea.

You say you can stay with a friend, well, ok, that works - except that if your father finds out (WHICH HE WILL!) than he has legal right to bring you home. Even than, you think you're friends mother will EVER agree to let you stay there for 3 years knowing what she knows?

So, option A: run away and become a hobo. Beg for money, become bitter and heartless and as bad as your father. Piss away your future and probably die.

Option B: put up with it and become a better person... be strong and stand up for yourself, and if he physically attacks you, call one of those child helplines. Than you can get the hell out of there when you're 18 and make your own life and future.

Red pill or blue.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Neko][SIZE=1]Well sounds like you're in a pretty tight fix, right now, doesn't it? Some people will be all like, 'don't run away, that's just plain [B]stupid[/B], dumbass!' But really, I guess it ends up being your choice, in the end. I can't really give you any good tips for successfully running away, but there are some tricks to the deal that might be useful to keep in mind.

1. Got any good friends that live nearby? My best friend crashed at my place after running away from his dad's for a little while. If you don't have a good friend or another reliable place to stay, forget about it. Life on the streets, even for a few days, sucks hardcore. Plan this sort of thing out with your friend ahead of time.

2. Of course, leave at night. This'll give you about a five hour headstart or so.

3. If your dad and them really hate you and you hate them that much, there's always the possibility that they might just let you go. You win.

4. But, if they do come to get you, your best bet is probably to come back quietly, and without a fuss. If they're so interested in finding you, they'll have cops, and cops have guns and beatsticks.

5. If you get taken back home, the effect of your running away might just have an affect on the way your stepdad look at you, see what you've been putting up with. In a way, you win.

6. Of course, in the worst-case scenario, you get the **** kicked out of you for being an 'ungrateful brat', but then you can file for domestic abuse, which'll eventually get you relocated. Again, you win.

That's just my take on it. If you wanna take the easiest possible way out, I recommend just waiting it out for another few years until you've got a job and/or a car, and haul your *** outta there.

Hope that kinda helped.

Holy ****, did I just give someone detailed instructions on how to make a runaway?! I can't believe I just did that. :animenose [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Heh, thanks ^_^.

1:I'm not going anywhere nearby. I'm going somewhere far away.
2:Good choice.
3:I'm not sure. My dad would probably come looking for me, just because to him, he can make money.
4:I'm also trying to elude the cops >_>
5:He's my dad. He also wouldn't care what i've been through, just that i had to leave him when "i was living it so good" as he would say.
6:This could work...

And yes, you did help.

[color=crimson] In light of that, I still wouldn't reccomend running away. There is a greater chance you will get caught and your home life will be even more rotten than it is right now. You don't want to run the chance of really pissing this psycho off.

I reccomend you go seek out the authorities, check out the facilities available to you in this situation, wether that be care and protection, victim support or even seeking out relatives that may be able to offer you a place of refuge.

Running away outright will just hurt you, and you'll probably end up back where you started in worse conditions. Running away in any situation is never an option, there are always alternatives.

I find it wierd that he will deny you food and even take your money away form you, yet he will let you on the internet to plan your escape. =/[/color]

[QUOTE=Ziggy Stardust][font=Times New Roman][color=Sienna]Kaise... where do you live. I don't know about you, but where I live, it gets mighty cold for the large part of the year. Ever hear stories of kids coming in off the street into those shelters with their shoes quite literally frozen to their now-dead feet? That certainly sounds pleasent! Besides, what are you going to eat or do with your life? How many child hobos ever get good jobs or ever move on in life? You can plan and come up with ideas all you want, but in the end running away will just ruin your life. It's a bad idea.

You say you can stay with a friend, well, ok, that works - except that if your father finds out (WHICH HE WILL!) than he has legal right to bring you home. Even than, you think you're friends mother will EVER agree to let you stay there for 3 years knowing what she knows?

So, option A: run away and become a hobo. Beg for money, become bitter and heartless and as bad as your father. Piss away your future and probably die.

Option B: put up with it and become a better person... be strong and stand up for yourself, and if he physically attacks you, call one of those child helplines. Than you can get the hell out of there when you're 18 and make your own life and future.

Red pill or blue.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]
I was planning on doing this during the summer, and bringing food. And going to school with my friend (Yes, there is some complications here). My father knows nothing of said friend, though. Living with a friend=/=hobo. If i lived with my friend, i could at least get a job at mcdonalds...yeah...

Option B helps me none. All this "be a better person" crap helps me as much as testicle cancer. I was going to do that when i'm 18 anyway.

[QUOTE=Shinji][color=crimson] In light of that, I still wouldn't reccomend running away. There is a greater chance you will get caught and your home life will be even more rotten than it is right now. You don't want to run the chance of really pissing this psycho off.

I reccomend you go seek out the authorities, check out the facilities available to you in this situation, wether that be care and protection, victim support or even seeking out relatives that may be able to offer you a place of refuge.

Running away outright will just hurt you, and you'll probably end up back where you started in worse conditions. Running away in any situation is never an option, there are always alternatives.

I find it wierd that he will deny you food and even take your money away form you, yet he will let you on the internet to plan your escape. =/[/color][/QUOTE]
Did that. Where i live, what he does isn't against anything. It's not abuse, it's not neglect, it's just plain being a large asshole. None of my relatives would give me refuge, simple as tjat. They'd think that i was making stuff up about him and promtly return me over. Running away and suicide seem to be my only alternatives, though, because i cannot deal with 2 more years of this prick.

He doesn't think i'm planning an escape, probably.

[color=DarkGreen][b][size=1]Kaise, don't double post. I've merged together your two consecutive posts for now, but in future if you want to add something but no one's posted since you did, use the EDIT button in the bottom right of the post.
[/size][/b][/color] [right][color=DarkGreen][size=1]-Raiyuu[/size][/color]
[/right]

[FONT=Arial]While I don't think it's a good idea for you to run away, some people here have put logic in a rather harsh manner. Maybe it's just that I empathize with lots of people, but I honestly think that when someone considers putting their life in jeopardy (and yes, running away once could endanger your life) or ending it all together, yelling at them as if they're inferior or stupid is not a way to save them.

Kaise, don't run away. Even if you're having a terrible time at home, things would be so much worse if you get caught. The most you can do is reconsider your situation, maybe read some true stories about people from abusive families or something. If you feel that you truly deserve better than what you're getting, then you could go to a counselor and try to make your father understand that no one should be treated the way you are beinbg treated for no reason.

As for myself, I'm being forced to a school that none of my friends go to, and I am an extremely introverted person. I've been at this school for close to ten months, and I haven't made a single new friend. My mother rarely compliments me on my behavior, she just focuses on whatever things I do poorly. The first day of school in which I got sick not five minutes into the day, panicking and sobbing, should've been a big hint to her that I was really not happy. I feel like my high school career has been stolen from me and is being manipulated with hardly any consent from me. She also won't let me get a job, no matter how badly I want one or need one. I say it would be good for me and teach me responsibility, not to mention help me support myself. I want to graduate high school as early as possible, and she says no to that, too. I rarely ever see my friends, and some I haven't seen since July, and still I can't do much more fun things than I could do last year, when I saw my friends every single day. I need friends to keep me sane, and I just can't have that. My parents aren't going to finance a car for me when I get my driver's license, and so without a job I don't know how I'm going to be able to buy one for myself. It would take me over seven years just to earn a thousand dollars from my current allowance, and by then I'll have a real job somewhere that's not here. There are days where I seriously can't stand to be around my family and I just want to get out and be free, but I can't because I have nowhere to go and nothing to keep me from starving to death on the streets.

So, life really sucks for a lot of people, but you can't run away. You're only fifteen, I doubt you would have the judgement to realize whether your life is on the verge of crumbling or is really just fine. I might not have any more good judgement than you do, but seriously, please take this into consideration. If you finally decide that there is nothing repairable in your relationship with your father, get a counselor. That way you can either work things out or legally stay with a friend or close relative until things work out.

I hope it all turns out okay for you, Kaise. Good luck with your father.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Amelia][FONT=Arial]While I don't think it's a good idea for you to run away, some people here have put logic in a rather harsh manner. Maybe it's just that I empathize with lots of people, but I honestly think that when someone considers putting their life in jeopardy (and yes, running away once could endanger your life) or ending it all together, yelling at them as if they're inferior or stupid is not a way to save them.

Kaise, don't run away. Even if you're having a terrible time at home, things would be so much worse if you get caught. The most you can do is reconsider your situation, maybe read some true stories about people from abusive families or something. If you feel that you truly deserve better than what you're getting, then you could go to a counselor and try to make your father understand that no one should be treated the way you are beinbg treated for no reason.

As for myself, I'm being forced to a school that none of my friends go to, and I am an extremely introverted person. I've been at this school for close to ten months, and I haven't made a single new friend. My mother rarely compliments me on my behavior, she just focuses on whatever things I do poorly. The first day of school in which I got sick not five minutes into the day, panicking and sobbing, should've been a big hint to her that I was really not happy. I feel like my high school career has been stolen from me and is being manipulated with hardly any consent from me. She also won't let me get a job, no matter how badly I want one or need one. I say it would be good for me and teach me responsibility, not to mention help me support myself. I want to graduate high school as early as possible, and she says no to that, too. I rarely ever see my friends, and some I haven't seen since July, and still I can't do much more fun things than I could do last year, when I saw my friends every single day. I need friends to keep me sane, and I just can't have that. My parents aren't going to finance a car for me when I get my driver's license, and so without a job I don't know how I'm going to be able to buy one for myself. It would take me over seven years just to earn a thousand dollars from my current allowance, and by then I'll have a real job somewhere that's not here. There are days where I seriously can't stand to be around my family and I just want to get out and be free, but I can't because I have nowhere to go and nothing to keep me from starving to death on the streets.

So, life really sucks for a lot of people, but you can't run away. You're only fifteen, I doubt you would have the judgement to realize whether your life is on the verge of crumbling or is really just fine. I might not have any more good judgement than you do, but seriously, please take this into consideration. If you finally decide that there is nothing repairable in your relationship with your father, get a counselor. That way you can either work things out or legally stay with a friend or close relative until things work out.

I hope it all turns out okay for you, Kaise. Good luck with your father.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

With the way i was raised, i've grown to think of myself as inferior and stupid. My dad says that i don't need counseling, no matter what, so i can't get counseling.

And this IS the verge of crumpling. I'm seriously reaching my limits. I'm sorry to hear about that school story, and i'd help if i could, but...yeah. If i die out on the streets, i'll have died happy, because it wiill have been without him.

I'd enjoy killing him, to be honest. I am a patient, kind person, but this guy makes me want to castrate him with a sledgehammer. I'm planning on doing it during the summer, lot more convienient that way.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

In the current situation, I genuinely don't know if running away will solve the problem, or just make it a hell of a lot worse. One curious thing that stuck out at me is that you don't want the police to find you, is there any particular reason for that ? I know you might think they'll just throw you back in with your father but if you explain your reasons to them, they might allow you to speak to social worker and perhaps even put you in touch with someone who could help you.

When I read the original post I admit I thought this was just some fifteen year old who was overreacting and going through the typical "I have my father" period. However given you say he's been physically abusive to you, then running away might not be the most efficient option, you could always report him to the police and look to be emancipated under the law, though certain states will only grant emancipation when you're sixteen. Either way I'm not going to give you advice on running away as I've never believed it to be a suitable solution to the situation. Go to the police and see what you can do from there.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Kaise] Unless you can come up with a better option to get him out of my life, then running away is the best choice of action.

Either that, or suicide.[/QUOTE]

Um...i really don't think suicide is the best one...it's an option...but..
it's...just not right.
You suicide yourself, people usually think it's the cowards way out.
And i think it is...
But, like i said, it's your life...
(Just DONT commit suicide...think of the peole that care about you..your mom?)

[quote name='Kaise']I'd enjoy killing him, to be honest. I am a patient, kind person, but this guy makes me want to castrate him with a sledgehammer. I'm planning on doing it during the summer, lot more convienient that way.[/quote]

*Slaps 'Matt' in the face* not good! You don't want to kill your dad! Oh, wait, you meant you were going to run away in the summer :animeswea I feel dumb. But still, why wait that long? You said you were staying with a friend, right?

Yeah, well running away isn't so bad when your 15. You can get work and stay in a hotel, anythings better than being with that sadistic freak bastard.

Yknow I always thought it would be fun to live on the streets. I plan on living at least 6 months like that... Id like to experience that.