OtakuBoards

Fav Bands!

CDDElric1221

[size=1]Wow. Haven't there been like millions of this same thread here. Ok. Well I'll list my top 10 bands.

[b]1. Rob Zombie[/b]: He's the most original metal artist I've ever listened to. When a fan can say that outright and honestly you know that an artist must be good. The variety in his music and the themes of it just seem to catch you off guard. He masters everything he can and it may be partially due to the fact that on nearly every album his line up has been different. With the release of Educated Horses he's gone from comic horror to just plain horror as he circles around his childhood with songs like Foxy Foxy and Sawdust in the Blood which reflect his life in the cricus as a kid.

[b]2. Wednesday 13[/b]: If it's not Rob Zombie it's gonna be second best. Wednesday 13, vocalist for Murderdolls and before that Frankenstien Drag Queens, released his first album under his name last summer. It's an improvement from the murderdolls by far but unfortanatly the fans didn't seem to follow. Probably because Joey Jordison didn't come with him. Lately this shocker has had a bit of trouble. Bassist Kid Kid dropped out and guitarist Piggy D. had previous arrangments with his project. That's not gonna stop Wednesday though. He's gonna be releasing an album sometime this summer.

[b]3. Mushroomhead[/b]: This is an industrial aggro metal band which has eben around just a little before Slipknot. Funny sotry is that Mushroomhead fans were bashing and even fighting with Slipknot fans because they calimed that Roadrunner Records was using Slipknot to get back at Mushroomhead for turning down a record deal with them. The sound of Mushroomhead is perfection though.

[b]4. Children of Bodom[/b]: My favorite thrashers. When I feel like returning to the real world so I can listen to music about hating the real world I listen to these guys. Alexi Laiho is one of the greatest guitarist vocalist combo's ever.

[b]5. Darkest Hour[/b]: Some of you might remember my huge bash on Vicotry Records some time ago. Well that's over now. I've come to appreciate hardcore music and Darkest Hour was there from the beginning. The more I listen to it the easier it is to listen to and the more fun I have.

[b]6. Wache the Dead[/b]: This is a local band from OR. They're really good though. They're just plain heavy metal. I'm friends with lead signer Luke Wescott. Their shows are great and their song Malice is awesome. [url=http://www.myspace.com/wachethedead][u]Wache the Dead Myspace[/u][/url]

[b]7. Nothingface[/b]: Just an awesome heavy metal band.

[b]8. Dirty Rotten Imbeciles[/b]: The band that declared the crossover between metal and hardcore called metalcore. They're a very good band.

[b]9. Slipknot[/b]: I've grown out of them recently although during the later Iowa days and the Subliminal Messages days I was completly obsessed. Jim Root is a guitarist god.

[b]10. Rise Against[/b]: An awesome heavy punk rock band. Tim is a very unqiue vocalist for this kind of punk.[/size]

ugh,this is so hard...
well it's probably these:

Panda-yes,yes, they're spanish so? they rock
Interpol-i luv my 'evil'
Nine Inch Nails-their old songs were a bit better if u ask me...they're still cool though..
Taking Back Sunday-hottest band ever, I can really relate to most of their songs.
Slipknot-hmm, i didn't get the chance to win one of their masks for Halloween, but i did go to one of their concerts,haha!!
RBD-yea, more spanish for you there...
The All-American Rejects (Tyson is soooo pretty!!)
The Used- hmm, they're becoming a bit mainstream, but i still luv my bert.
blink-182- they're not a band anymore, who cares?? true most of their songs make no logical sense...
From First to Last-my frend got me addicted to them, eversince, i can't sleep without em!!
Billy Idol- white wedding, my fave song from him right now, he's stil hot.l
Motley Crue-i hate tommy lee, but i luv motley crue and nikki sixx (he's so hot)
Moderatto- yea, let's see...they're like a cheaper copy of motley crue only like the spanish version...yup. :catgirl:
Yeah yeah Yeahs-maps rocks...heh, i could go on...
Oasis, Gorillaz...those i guess, i don't really think I have a FAVORITE band...
yea, some people are saying green day is emo...THEY'RE NOT EMO, get that through ur head.

Guest Heero yuy
Between the buried and me
Bleeding through
The Agony scene
It dies today
Everytime I die
Brand New
Frou frou
Beethoven
Bright eyes
The blood brothers
Senses fail
Underoath
The chariot
From first to last
The postal service
Death cab for cutie
Dead poetic
Aaron Sprinkle
Discover America...
etc...they're all good.

[QUOTE=Jakehammaren]DragonForce and Children of Bodom = HELL YES. DragonForce's guitar work is utterly and completely rediculous. They are elite musicians of the highest order. And their sense of melody is amazing. Love 'em.

As for Children of Bodom, they're quite possibly my favorite band. I haven't been so into their latest 2 albums, but the first three are where it's at. Hatebreeder is probably my favorite album of all time.

My top three favorite bands right now are:

Ensiferum - Heroically amazing Viking Metal from Finland. Tons of melody, amazing guitar work, epic/symphonic keyboards, and great vocals to boot. The vocals range from scream to epic, swelling Nordic chants. The lyrics are good ol' Viking fare, and every song is written exactly as it should be. Ensiferum is one of those timeless, untouchable bands that will be listened to far into the future. Unfortunately, they've lost their lead guitarist/vocalist, so we'll see how things turn out in the future.

Children of Bodom (their old stuff): Extremely melodic band from Finland. The vocals are often a turn off to people, as they aren't that great, but the music makes up for it a hundred fold. Layer upon layer of beautiful, haunting melody is added as the songs progress, along with keyboard atmospherics that add an ambiance to the band that is as awesome as it is cheesy (in that great "you know they're having a blast playing this stuff" kind of way).

Opeth: A band from Sweden with a style of their own. Opeth has it all: everything from death metal to psychadellic rock influences make their way into Opeth's twisting, turning, progressive albums. The latest offering, Ghost Reveries, has even thrown some keyboards into the mix, giving the whole ordeal immense atmosphere. Mikael Akerfeldt's vocals, both death and clean, are top notch, as are his lyrics. Definately a band to watch.

EDIT:

Yes, yes, yes! You and I need to talk music.[/QUOTE]

Let's talk music then.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Here are two of my favoite bands:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B][SIZE=2]Linkin Park[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed]- I don't care about what anyone has to say about these guys, their lyrics are just amazing; extremely poetic and well crafted, and Chester puts amazing passion into singing each song, his voice is just awesome. Though I must admit, they certainly aren't the most musically talented band out there, I still enjoy all of their songs. It's like whenever I listen to their music I'm all of a sudden in a different world.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B][SIZE=2]Avenged Sevenfold[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed]- Only one word comes to mind when I think about these guys, wow. These guys are extremely talented both musically and lyrically. Their guitar solos are some of the best that I've heard from any band that's around right now. M.Shadows has an extremely versitile voice. Not only he can do songs like Darkness Surrounding where it's mostly screaming, but he can also sing extremely melodic rock ballads like Seize the Day. If you combine their amazing guitar solos and their awesome vocals with awe-inspiring drum work and driving baselines, you have the makings of a truly epic band. [/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I would have to say that i like -
Linkin Park
All American Rejects
Maroon 5 (They're ok)
3 Doors Down
Weezer
Gorrilaz i
Greenday <--forgot that one hahah well i only like one song from then really. =\
Hmm...not sure what else i like,
but yea i have a lot of favorites.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[FONT=Arial]Just to clear things up a little; Green Day is [U]NOT[/U] emo. I listen to a lot of punk, and I definitely don't call them punk, but they're not emo either. Compare [U][URL=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2772519]Thursday[/URL][/U] or [U][URL=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2231531]Rufio[/URL] [/U] or a score of other emo bands to Green Day and you'll hear a definite difference. =D

Sorry, that was just bothering me.
[/FONT]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

I'm not very up on most modern bands. Most of them are either terrible Pop/Punk or smug Scene bands. I won't name names, as I see some of these bands on the lists. Most of my tastes in rock music are pre-2000.

[B]Nirvana:[/B] by far my favorite band out of the '90s. It's unfortunate that they came out in the same year I was born, and it took till a few years after Cobain's death for me to discover them. I love them though. Nevermind is their best album in my mind, and I have listened to it beginning to end on several occasions.

[B]Blink 182:[/B] along with Green Day and Sum 41, Blink is the only modern punk band (which went commercial) that are actually worth listening to. I enjoy their early work best, but I really havn't heard from them in some time, so... yeah. The same goes for Sum 41. Green Day is another story.

[B]Green Day:[/B] I actually got into Green Day back on their first album, Dookie. I, however, quickly got annoyed with some of their singles. It took a couple more years and the release of American Idiot for me to get back into them.

[B]Queen:[/B] Everything Queen has ever done is great. Period. Gods of Rock. Everytime I listen to Bohemian Rhasphody, I get goose bumps... everytime.

[B]AC/DC:[/B] I don't care what anybody says, if it weren't for AC/DC, we wouldn't have Metallica, Rob Zombie, or Metal in general. They are by far the greatest in this genre.

[B]Pink Floyd:[/B] These guys and Queen created some of the greatest music of all time. All of their material ended up becoming classics. Dark Side of the Moon, man...

[B]Gorillaz:[/B] Right now, their the only real band I'm listening to. They blend some of the best of what British rock has to offer and underground hip hop/techno to create the best kind of 'Alternate' rock music ever. I love both of their albums, and I'm still obessessed with Demon Days. Possibly the only rock music that can be danced to without punching another person in the face.

[B]Linkin Park:[/B] I'm not a HUGE fan of theirs. I have Meteora and I've listened to all of their stuff. I enjoy them mostly for Mike Shinoda and Mr. Han, and their hip hop elements. Their are a few good hooks though.

I also like bands such as Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Poison, and such. I'm really much more of a hip hop kinda guy, but I'll listen to just about anything that's good. I'm getting into All American Rejects very slowly. But other than that, not much modern stuff I find to be listenable.

[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=The Boss][color=darkgreen][size=1]

[B]Green Day:[/B] I actually got into Green Day back on their first album, Dookie. I, however, quickly got annoyed with some of their singles. It took a couple more years and the release of American Idiot for me to get back into them.

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

*Sigh* only a Green Day fan when they're big, eh? For that matter, Dookie is in fact Green Day's third album. Sorry, but as a huge Green Day fan I find your ignorance almost offensive. I just hate it when people think that Green Day started with Dookie.

Anyways, on to my favorite bands in top 10 order

10. Suburban Legends - A totally bitchin' ska band with some incredibly uplifting tunes. Sure, they sound a bit like Reel Big Fish, but I just find they're music to be a little more energizing (granted none of their songs actually top Reel Big Fish's "Beer"). Check out the songs "High Fives" and "Alternative is Dead"

9. Jupiter Sunrise - a really great alternative band. These guys (and gal) are extremely talented and are continually expanding their musical horizons, not being chained down by any particular musical style. Every song on their album "Under a Killer Blue Sky" is incredible. Check out their songs "Arthur Nix" and "Josie's House" to get a feel for each of Jupiter Sunrise's singers.

8. The Ramones - Simple yet catchy melodies, a true classic. I'm not even gonna recommend songs because you SHOULD already know their music (at least casually)

7. Panic! at the Disco - Sounds a little like Fall Out Boy, but with a little bit of electronica thrown into the mix. And oh is it a beautiful mix. Every song on their one cd is a gem, but I'd recommend checking out "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Less Press Coverage" and "Time to Dance"

6. The Matches - Some damn good rock by a small band trying to make it about a small band trying to make it. Check out "Audio Blood"

and now I'm lazy so here's the rest

5. Less Than Jake
4. AFI
3. Tsunami Bomb
2. Lucky Boys Confusion
1. Green Day

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Metal Dragon
My favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold. They're sorta new so not many of my friends know about them :animecry:

[quote name='The F-Bomb']*Sigh* only a Green Day fan when they're big, eh? For that matter, Dookie is in fact Green Day's third album. Sorry, but as a huge Green Day fan I find your ignorance almost offensive. I just hate it when people think that Green Day started with Dookie.[/quote]

But it was their first studio album.

Green Day is my favorite band too, though I'm no t a super-fan like this guy. The reason Green Day is because when I was 4 years old, my family was tavelling on lolapalooza and my dad was good friends with the band for a few months. they even babysat my brother and I. I grew up listening to the Dookie CD a lot (Basket Case is my alltime favorite song I'd say) and I really liked Warning. When American Idiot first came out I was more into the heavy metal stuff and though my dad bought it, I didn't really give it much of a chance. They were also playing fairly boring crap on the radio. But I gave it another chance and started listened to it back in November and it blew me away. Now it's one of my 7 favorite CDs.

The Mars Volta - These guys never cease to amaze me with their articulate vocabulary, intricate plotlines, and awesome music. Sometimes you can just get totally lost in a musical part and it's downright awesome. Omar A Rodriguez Lopez is my 2nd favorite guitarist of all time.

System Of A Down - I love these guys because of their artistic songwriting, which is like most popular CDs in how they have medium length and few songs, but they manage to cram all the coolness of a long song into the iny package. It's like they take what everyone else is doing and add on to it. Plus I love their lyrics.

Gorillaz - Because techno/funk/punk kicks total *** no matter what anyone says.

Linkin Park - I just really, really like their songs.

Tool - I love tool because like the Mars Volta, they have long periods of great music, but Tool is also awesome because their lyrics are great and well worded and deliver a message. I also like that they come right out and say what they mean and aren't afraid of what people thinnk of them.

Coheed And Cambria - While I don't like their first CD (all that damn screaming... and most of the songs sound the same) I love the other two. In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 is great because each song is like an epic masterpiece. I never get tired of hearing it. Good Apollo vol. 1 is great too, but it seems more like one, huge, movie-like song than a bunch of mini masterpieces.

Disturbed - I like the guy's voice, and they have some great, solid songs.

Franz Ferdinand - Because they're disco baby! All their songs are so damn catchy...

GWAR - I cannot begin to describe the awesomeness that is GWAR...

Rush - I only have one Rush CD (Moving Pictures) but I still say they are a bloody awesome band because they have great music with lots of sounds and Geddy has a cool voice and awesome lyrics.

[QUOTE=Tical]

Rush - I only have one Rush CD (Moving Pictures) but I still say they are a bloody awesome band because they have great music with lots of sounds and Geddy has a cool voice and awesome lyrics.[/QUOTE[COLOR=Sienna]]

You have not experianced Rush until you've experianced the classic album that is 2112. Moving Pictures was a great album but it pales in comparison to 2112. It's from the period where they were more metal-influenced, before they got into synths and keyboards heavily, and is just generally a rocking album. Don't expect many deep messages though, just awesome instrumentals and kickass drum solos with a neat sci-fi overlay. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Flame_Alchemist]

Rammstein - Rammstein are a German band who play pretty heavy music. I would say heavy metal but they have a kind of unique sound to them. Most people have probably heard their songs Du Hast and Feuer Frei! through AMV?s. I have also been fortunate enough to see them live, their live show is second to none, what other bands bring out their keyboard player in a cooking pot and use flamethrowers on it?

.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Dude, you are so awesome. I can't believe you actually went to one of their shows.
I was intorduced to Rammstein when I was visiting my friend in Mexico, they are awesome. I love Du Hast and Amerika. I didn't really think anybody here had much interest in Rammstein.
Have you heard of Oomph! ? They're a German band as well.[/FONT]