OtakuBoards

Fav Bands!

CDDElric1221

[size=1]e.e

Do you mind writing in proper grammatical form? It is kind of a sore to eyes to see writing that is kind of hard to make out.

I have two favorite bands.

[b]Rooney[/b], I like their self-titled cd best. I've liked this band since I first heard them on the Princess Diaries. The lead singer played Michael in the movie. One of my favorite songs is called "I'm a Terrible Person", hilarious. It talks about the narrator who keeps doing all of these horrible things to this one girl. Another favorite song is "Blueside". I just love the beat and background music. There are plenty of other songs that I like on their cd, but those two are my favorite.

[b]Panic! At the Disco[/b] is my second favorite band. I like them when they first came out in September. Their music is wonderful. I just love it. My absolute favorite song is "Build God, Then We'll Talk". Okay, so the lyrics are kind of ... not good, but still. It's such a good song. Another good song is "I Constantly Thank God for Esteban". The thing I like about their cd [i]A Fever You Can't Sweat Out[/i] is that this is one of the rare cds where I enjoy listening to ALL of the songs.

Wonderful wonderful. :D [/size]

I'm virtually in love with Coheed and Cambria ever since they were Shabuti. I know their lyrics are not the most appealing to the public but they are great. I also love Within Temptation they are my all around favorites, I admire Sharon Del Andel's voice :catgirl:

My favorite singer is Billy Idol. I got hooked when I got his albam Devil's Playground and now I own all of his solo albams or soon will because the last 2 albams that I need are on there way from Amozon and Buy.com. Another reason that I like him is that his voice sounds the same in all his albams, his voice did not change at all. Billy Idol is now 50, you would think that his voice might change a little over the years.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Green Day.. pfft... emo music :animestun

[B]Rush: [/B] If there is a more musically talented band out there, I havn't heard it. TERRIBLY underrated, mostly due to people's dislike of the vocals and the sci-fi lyrics, Rush is composed of Neil Peart, unanimously voted the greatest drummer of all time, Geddy Lee, a good vocalist, and one of the greatest bassists to ever live (He balances vocals, bass guitar, bass pedals, and somtimes keyboard, all at the same time), along with Alex Lifeson, the most underrated guitarist by a mile. The best thing about this band is that they're significantly better live; especially the instrumental! They're a progressive rock band that has lasted 31 years, and the best part about them is that they've done what most prog rock bands havn't; they've progressed. They've exparimented. They've changed their sound. They're bloody fantastic!
[B]
The Tragically Hip:[/B] Another terriblly underrated band, Gord Downie is one of the most talented lyricists you're likely to find. The instrumentation is solid but unspectacular. But Gord Downie is definatly the gem in this band; his lyrics are full of Canadiana and he twists words like no one else. He's also a TERRIFIC singer.
[B]
David Bowie:[/B] Call him rock's favourite chamelon, call him the thin white duke, call him Ziggy Stardust, call him whatever you want, he's one of the greatest artsists of all time. A talented multi-instrumentalist, he makes his career with his INCREDIBLE vocals and terrific lyrics. He's also unique in his ability to adapt his sound to ANYTHING - from hard, gritty rock, to glam rock, to dance music, to R&B (Just listen to Black Tie White Noise if you don't believe me), but he's still remained the same old Bowie!

[B]Neil Young:[/B] The FATHER of Grunge Rock! He's one of the greatest guitarist of all time, one of the greatest singers, and one of the greatest lyricists; not to mention one of the most influential singers of all time! KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD!

Ok, I'm done for now - oh, and new music sucks, especially Green Day and other such emo music (Now, that's just my opinion!)[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Ziggy Stardust][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Ok, I'm done for now - oh, and new music sucks, especially Green Day and other such emo music (Now, that's just my opinion!)[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

Hey, a sweeping generalization. Awesome. (Now, that's just my opinion!) :bdance:

Anyway, here's my top ten band list as of right now:

[b]Sonic Youth[/b] (One of the godfathers of alternative rock, one of the most influential bands you'll find today, and they're still alive and making great music to this day. I'd put their best albums against any group's best.)

[b]Pixies[/b] (Another incredibly influential band. Black Francis and Kim Deal wrote some great, incredibly bizarre songs, and I love both of their vocal styles. I don't think that there's one song of theirs that I don't like.)

[b]Curve[/b] (Mmm... shoegazer. So very fantastic, and Curve basically perfected the genre in my opinion. Love Curve to death, and Toni Halliday may as well be my favorite vocalist ever. God, I love her voice so much. <3 <3 <3)

[b]David Bowie[/b] (He's David freakin' Bowie. Everyone should love him.)

[b]The Beatles[/b] (Who doesn't love The Beatles? I think that most people like at least one or two of their songs.)

[b]Cocteau Twins[/b] (More shoegazer. Yum. Elizabeth Fraser is currently combatting Toni Halliday as my favorite vocalist. She has a gorgeous voice. [i]Head Over Heels[/i] is an amazing album, and their other albums are damn good as well.)

[b]Jucifer[/b] (When you think that they can't get any harder and louder, Jucifer always take it up a notch. Freaking great hard rock band. I find it amazing that a two-person group could be so much more aggressive than tons of other bands lol.)

[b]Au Pairs[/b] (Amazing post-punk group. [i]Playing With Another Sex[/i] is another favorite album of mine... every song on that album has such a fantastic rhythm to it. One of the very few instances where not just one song, but an [i]entire album[/i] gets stuck in my head after I listen to it. And I enjoy every second of it. :))

[b]Beck[/b] (Beck is the man. I still haven't been able to get into [i]Guero[/i] as much as I'd like (though the [i]Hell Yes[/i] EP rocks), but the rest of his albums are great. [i]Sea Change[/i] is my favorite at the moment.)

[b]The Arcade Fire[/b] (Great band. I love the sheer variety in their music (especially the fact that they use an accordion, because I'm a shameless accordion fan), and the two main vocalists have a cool, unique style. God, I can't wait for them to release another album.)

[B]Franz Ferdinand:[/B] Their songs are really something special, and I think you either love it or hate it. It's a bit dance-alternative rock, since I found myself dancing to it quite a lot. Their first CD is still the best imo.

[B]The Killers:[/B] I actually bought the album without hearing much of them, but it's still one of my best buys ever. Even though the lyrics aren't always happy happy, the music itself makes you fly.

[B]Editors:[/B] A new group I just discovered. I needed to listen to their songs a few times before I genuinly loved them, but I'm all obsessing over them now.

Other bands I like are Bloc Party, Depeche Mode, Kaiser Chiefs, the Cure, Linkin Park, Green Day (although I think the hype is a bit over the top) and A.F.I.

Here are my top Three.

[B]Taking Back Sunday-[/B]I have loved their music since I saw them live a few years ago.

[B]System of a Down-[/B]I dont know why people hate them. Their lyrics are genious. Though, the last two cds havent been as good as they could have.......

[B]The Strokes-[/B]I love their new cd. They sound amazing.

[QUOTE=Skeith92]Here are my top Three.

[B]Taking Back Sunday-[/B]I have loved their music since I saw them live a few years ago.

[B]System of a Down-[/B]I dont know why people hate them. Their lyrics are genious. Though, the last two cds havent been as good as they could have.......

[B]The Strokes-[/B]I love their new cd. They sound amazing.[/QUOTE]

System of a Down ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D if ppl hate them then.................... well lets just say that ppl who hate them will pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! n_n

I love music and I've got many fav bands/artits

Europe
Metallica
Def Leppard
Dokken
Hanson
The Beatles
Bon Jovi
The Corrs
The Everly Brothers
Cher
Donovan
The Bee Gees
The Rankin Family
Joey Tempest
David Cassidy
Abba
The Rolling Stones
White Lion
Skid Row
Dire Straits
The Mamas and The Papas
John Norum

Think that's it.....

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna][B]The Pillows.[/B]

To me, simply the greatest band to rock out loud. Their music is simple, yet it brings me a feeling of peace, regardless of how corrupt, chaotic, or twisted the world has become. All I need to do is pop a Pillows CD into my CD-player, lie down outside on a sunny day, and boom - I'm laying down in a vast, golden field which seems to stretch on for eternity with the sun setting and a gentle breeze blowing.

That, to me, is why they're great (although it might also have something to do with FLCL).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=trebuchet ms]So Green Day sucks because they're emo? And emo sucks? XD Ziggy's funny. On to my favorites.

[b]Circle Takes the Square:[/b] A four-piece progressive hardcore band from Savannah, GA. They have some beautiful music, and their dueling male and female vocals make the overall sound quite cool. Their music stretches the ability to be pretty and chaotic at the same time. Honestly, they are quite intimidating for one that doesn't listen to heavy music. I was intrigued by them at first and it eventually clicked with just how great they were. Their music is really technical, especially for just having one guitarist in their best album. Please check these guys out, lol.

[b]Swift:[/b] These guys were the first band I saw live. They used to live a few minutes away from me, but two of the members had to move to New York for jobs and it caused the band to break up this year. Swift is somewhat of a Nu-Metal band, but that doesn't mean they're bad by any means. Gary Forsyth has this way of writing lyrics about himself that suit everyone else. Out of a 12 song cd, you'll find about ten songs that fit you perfectly. All four of their albums hold a dear place in my heart.

[b]The Number Twelve Looks Like You:[/b] Another great progressive hardcore band that plays boodles of shows in my area. Their music is more technical than Circle's, but they don't appeal as much to me. If I described this band, they'd sound pretty bad, as they have two vocalist who just walk the stage screaming, haha. However, it's quite good. It's like The Mars Volta with breakdowns and much less singing.

[b]Pageninetynine (or Pg. 99):[/b] I can't say too many good things about this band, as their creedo is that they can make as crappy music as they want, and it'll always be good because it contains passion. However, they were the first band of their type that I ever heard, and they paved the way for my current tastes to develop. They have a bit of Circle Takes the Square and a bit of The Casualties in them. They're fun to listen to, and a few of their songs are downright awesome, so they're likable to me.

[b]Beloved:[/b] This is probably the best band I listen to. If you've heard of Classic Case, they used to share a guitarist with Beloved until Beloved broke up. They're a lot like Swift, but a bit more metallic and probably more heavy. They have one song that really appeals to me for certain reasons and it comes down to the fact that I heard them at just the right time. I've sent Beloved songs to friends from all different walks of life and they've had nothing bad to say about them. Worth a shot.

[b]Apocalypse Hoboken:[/b] Tony rules for getting me into this band. And John. Anyways, they're a split-up punk band from Chicago. They sound different from song to song, and all of their cd's are completely different in sound. Sometimes, it's just fun to sit back and listen to some of their more humorous songs. AH just makes me happy. Maybe it's because an anagram for their name is "holy poop bean cakes."

Other honorable mentions include Circa Survive, Still Remains, All That Remains, and The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza.[/font]

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Ziggy Stardust][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Green Day.. pfft... emo music :animestun

[B]Rush: [/B] If there is a more musically talented band out there, I havn't heard it. TERRIBLY underrated, mostly due to people's dislike of the vocals and the sci-fi lyrics, Rush is composed of Neil Peart, unanimously voted the greatest drummer of all time, Geddy Lee, a good vocalist, and one of the greatest bassists to ever live (He balances vocals, bass guitar, bass pedals, and somtimes keyboard, all at the same time), along with Alex Lifeson, the most underrated guitarist by a mile. The best thing about this band is that they're significantly better live; especially the instrumental! They're a progressive rock band that has lasted 31 years, and the best part about them is that they've done what most prog rock bands havn't; they've progressed. They've exparimented. They've changed their sound. They're bloody fantastic!
[B]
The Tragically Hip:[/B] Another terriblly underrated band, Gord Downie is one of the most talented lyricists you're likely to find. The instrumentation is solid but unspectacular. But Gord Downie is definatly the gem in this band; his lyrics are full of Canadiana and he twists words like no one else. He's also a TERRIFIC singer.
[B]
David Bowie:[/B] Call him rock's favourite chamelon, call him the thin white duke, call him Ziggy Stardust, call him whatever you want, he's one of the greatest artsists of all time. A talented multi-instrumentalist, he makes his career with his INCREDIBLE vocals and terrific lyrics. He's also unique in his ability to adapt his sound to ANYTHING - from hard, gritty rock, to glam rock, to dance music, to R&B (Just listen to Black Tie White Noise if you don't believe me), but he's still remained the same old Bowie!

[B]Neil Young:[/B] The FATHER of Grunge Rock! He's one of the greatest guitarist of all time, one of the greatest singers, and one of the greatest lyricists; not to mention one of the most influential singers of all time! KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD!

Ok, I'm done for now - oh, and new music sucks, especially Green Day and other such emo music (Now, that's just my opinion!)[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
and Green Day is not emo music!!!! just b/c the American Idiot cd is much worst then there other cds doesn't mean that there emo! but my fav gd cd of there is Warning :catgirl:

[QUOTE=Ziggy Stardust][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]
[B]
[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial]I call him Jareth, the Goblin King. :D And by the way, I put "Ziggy Stardust" as my Z letter slot in Winter for my extra credit in Semantics today. The assignment was to create an alphabetic list of words that have to do with each of the four seasons. I have no idea what Ziggy Stardust has to do with winter, but I'm sure it won't matter.

1. [b]Rasputina[/b]. The absolute greatest band to ever come into existence. They've been around for a while, but their current arrangement consists of two cellos and one drumset. Melora Creager, the founder/lead cellist/vocalist/lyricist, is my favorite person in the whole world (I may be exaggerating, but she is amazing). Their lyrics range from historical and comedic to nonsensical and hard to understand. No matter what, they're always beautiful. They've done cellorific covers of Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Marilyn Manson, Melanie (you know, "I rode my bicycle past your window last night..."), Leslie Gore, Belle and Sebastian, et cetera et cetera. I can't emphasize how much I adore this band enough, really. I just wish their CDs weren't so darn hard to find, especially their live one. x_x;;

2. [b]AFI[/b] has been one of my favorite bands since I was in the seventh grade (two years), and they've held out as one of the best. They've been around since I was born, and they're quite prolific. Their first albums had more of a punk sound, but they gradually became darker and more melodic. It helps that Davey Havok and Jade Puget are [U]extremely[/U] sexy/beautiful men. Candy for your ears AND eyes!

3. [b]Trans-Siberian Orchestra[/b] is just plain amazing. My dad took me to a concert of theirs last year, and I was just blown away. They consist of a small orchestra, two keyboards, two guitars, one bass, and a whole slew of vocalists. This band is epic, really. They remake classical music so that it's both beautiful and heavy, and they do a lot of Christmas music. If you've seen the [URL=http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geupAN5SlEVC8B6TBXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE2Nm0wcWZrBGNvbG8DZQRsA1dTMQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZANGNzA2Xzg5/SIG=11vch8kj2/EXP=1143682701/**http%3a//media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM]the Christmas light house[/URL], then you've heard Trans-Siberian Orchestra. If you like this band, but haven't seen them live: oh heck. You need to. You have to, before you die.

Those are really my current favorite bands, but I listen to a ton of other musicians. If you really want to know, most are listed on my [URL=http://myspace.com/agreatleechwife]myspace.[/URL] [/FONT]

I have loads of favourite bands, here are a few of them.

Rammstein - Rammstein are a German band who play pretty heavy music. I would say heavy metal but they have a kind of unique sound to them. Most people have probably heard their songs Du Hast and Feuer Frei! through AMV?s. I have also been fortunate enough to see them live, their live show is second to none, what other bands bring out their keyboard player in a cooking pot and use flamethrowers on it?

Iron Maiden ? I?m guessing most people have heard of this band. I like melodic music more than anything other type so I guess that?s why I like Iron Maiden. Their songs are usually told in some sort of story so I like that aspect too. I can?t wait to see them live again this year!

Black Mages ? I had to give these guys a mention, for those who don?t know them they are a band who play Final Fantasy music. It?s great to hear all the songs played in a heavy style. Even greater is the fact that Nobuo is actually part of the band.

[COLOR=Black][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]I really don't have that many bands that I listen to, but here's some that I think are my favorites.

Gorillaz- Sure their music might just be repeating and somewhat annoying to some, but I'm really attached to a lot of their music. They make songs that just make you want to either relax and listen to it or get up and dance to it. They are by far my most favorite band ever.

Green Day- Yes their songs might be somewhat emo and no I'm not an emo, but I just like their songs because it's so hard- core and always has an awesome beat. Holiday is one of my favorite songs by them.

Although most of my favorite bands are Japanese bands, these two are my favorites... well, American ones, anyways. XD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='NinjaJedi007']My favorite metal bands include DragonForce, Killswitch Engage, and Children Of Bodom. They're all incredibly musical despite what people may think about metal. The intensity is always high and the songs are quite impressive :cool:[/quote]

DragonForce and Children of Bodom = HELL YES. DragonForce's guitar work is utterly and completely rediculous. They are elite musicians of the highest order. And their sense of melody is amazing. Love 'em.

As for Children of Bodom, they're quite possibly my favorite band. I haven't been so into their latest 2 albums, but the first three are where it's at. Hatebreeder is probably my favorite album of all time.

My top three favorite bands right now are:

Ensiferum - Heroically amazing Viking Metal from Finland. Tons of melody, amazing guitar work, epic/symphonic keyboards, and great vocals to boot. The vocals range from scream to epic, swelling Nordic chants. The lyrics are good ol' Viking fare, and every song is written exactly as it should be. Ensiferum is one of those timeless, untouchable bands that will be listened to far into the future. Unfortunately, they've lost their lead guitarist/vocalist, so we'll see how things turn out in the future.

Children of Bodom (their old stuff): Extremely melodic band from Finland. The vocals are often a turn off to people, as they aren't that great, but the music makes up for it a hundred fold. Layer upon layer of beautiful, haunting melody is added as the songs progress, along with keyboard atmospherics that add an ambiance to the band that is as awesome as it is cheesy (in that great "you know they're having a blast playing this stuff" kind of way).

Opeth: A band from Sweden with a style of their own. Opeth has it all: everything from death metal to psychadellic rock influences make their way into Opeth's twisting, turning, progressive albums. The latest offering, Ghost Reveries, has even thrown some keyboards into the mix, giving the whole ordeal immense atmosphere. Mikael Akerfeldt's vocals, both death and clean, are top notch, as are his lyrics. Definately a band to watch.

EDIT:

[QUOTE=Wolf Rider]Kamelot
Nightwish
Rhapsody
Lost Horizon
CorruptiVe - My brothers band. He's on vocals.
Rot Eternally - Kick ***** death metal band from the rez.
Existence A.D. - My cousins band. She can sing like a mofo.

and a whole lot more.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, yes! You and I need to talk music.

Guest DreamW3aVer
1. Van Halen, and not the new band with his brother... The old stuff.
2. Disturbed, one of my all time favorites because they have a wide veriety between rock/rap and hardcore.
3. Lamb Of God... There is no other band, that I have heard so far, can match their vocals. And if you know of one, tell me.

[B]Queen[/B] Even though some bands are more talented, Queen's music just helps me. Yes, helps. Freddie Mercury's voice is so powerful, but soothing at the same time. And the variety and composition of their songs just keeps me listening.

[B]X/X Japan[/B] I've never heard a band that could bring metal and classical music both together and make it sound so great. And yes, I've heard bands that have done it almost as well..but I just love X more. I love Taiji and Heath equally, they both add something great to the music. Even though Taiji might have been more skilled, I like the composition better once Heath joined in. They make me dance..cry..and always amaze me.

[B]The Beatles[/B] Just plain fun to listen to. XD

[B]Dir en grey[/B] I know..probably the most popular asian band right now. I miss their old stuff, their last album wasn't as great as it could be. I don't care if they aren't as visual anymore, but I find this last album lacks a lot of the creativity that song's like 304 Goshitsu, Hakushi no Sakura, Garden, Yurameki, and obviously Cage had. And..I find Kyo's live performance not as great as they used to be. He seems like he struggles to keep up, when he used to seem to do a great job. But they're still so great.

[B]Janne Da Arc[/B] Yasu has got THE most beautiful voice I've ever heard. Their music is just great. I love everything about them.

[B]Los Lonely Boys[/B] Fun to listen to, and the lives are awesome.

That was in no order(except Queen is my fave)..and I like just about every band I've ever heard.