OtakuBoards

Song You Are Obsessed With

KatanaViolet

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

[B]Tell Me When To Go[/B] by E-40 and Keaf Da Sneak. Great beat this song has. It's not particularly great lyrics wise, but both MC's have great, funny voices. It's just a fun song to listen to.

[B]I Don't Like The Look Of It[/B] by Da BackWudz. Another terrific beat, they sampled Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Probably the most original prodoction decsesion ever made. It's a great song with a great hook.

[B]Make It Work[/B] by Juelz Santana, Young Jeezy, and Lil' Wayne. A song that is all about pimpin' and hustlin'. Nothing more, nothing less. Funny lyrics, and just generally a good gangsta rap song.

[B]Git It Girl[/B] by Bun B/Ying Yang Twins. A fun song to listen to with a catchy hook and a cool beat.

[B]Eyes of the Ranger[/B] by Chuck Norris. 'Nuff Said.[/color][/size]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few.

1. Luno [Bloc Party vs. Death From Above 1979] / silent alarm remixed - bloc party

because it is the best cover, even better than the original, the distorted bass and gutair on that track pwns.

2. Plans [Replanned by Mogwai] / silent alarm remixed - bloc party

because it sounds so haunting. and it is very ambeint, until the end, where it becomes semi acoustic.

3. Banquet [Phones Disco Edit] / silent alarm remixed - bloc party

the orignal was a really great skateboarding tune, so i wondered if there are any remixes, this is the only one i found, the remix suits almost anything.

4. Bite to break skin [The Legion Of Doom Remix] / underworld 2 soundtrack - senses fail

saw the flim and listened to the remixes on the soundtrack, this is the best remix i've heard since U2 vs Paul Oakenfold / Beautiful Day, and this remix suits almost anything.

that's all i can think of.

thank you for your time.

Well, long ago I was obsessed with Basket Case by Green Day. Listened to it all through childhood. Now I have a new obsessed song every other week. Right now it's probably In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed And Cambria. Before that, it was Cassandra Geminni, L'via L'viaquez, and Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus from The Mars Volta album. Gotta love Stealing Society and Radio/Video by System Of A Down. Another recent one was /-Enima by Tool, and Habits Of Clay by Bad Acid Trip.

Why do I get obsessed so easily? I buy new CDs all the time, and listen to them till I memorize them, and if a track sticks out, it's my favorite.

On second thought, I think Welcome Home by Coheed And Cambria is my current one.

Be back next week I'm sure.

A list of songs that I'm obssesed with-
Rock wit it Lean wit it-Dem Franchize Boys (blame my friend's myspace page)
Heaven-Ayumi Hamasaki
BEEP-PussyCatDolls w/ Will.I.AM
Scars-Papa Roach
Unwritten-Natasha Beddingfeild
Tempture-Sean Paul
FLOOD-Lunica Arma
Nightmare-Halifax

I normally NEVER listen to R&B or hiphop but Sean Paul And D.F.B are kinda of an exception.

I like everything by Billy Idol. Songs by him that I just love are White Wedding, Rebel Yell, Sweet Sixteen, No Religion, and so many more. I like Billy Idols songs because they are fun to listen to and not really depressing like most songs I keep hearing these days. They also have a beat in which you can dance to. For me they they need a beat or I will never really get into. Billy Idol has some very good lyric. For Example Sweet Sixteen is about how he want to make for all of those people that have ever loved and all went up in smoke, their relationship is gone.
Another thing that I also like is how he gets his ideas. White Wedding is about what if type of thing. his siter was going to be married and he kept think what if the wedding was turned up sidedown and wasn't what most weddings are like.
The last thing that I like is how he comes up with the names to his songs. Rebel Yell was named after a brand of beer that he had saw at one of Mick Jaggers birthday partys.

Edit: I added more. Sorry it was so short the first time.

The songs I am obsessed with are (artists in alphabetical order):

Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
I'm So Sick - Flyleaf
You and Me - Lifehouse
So Sick - Ne-Yo
Savin' Me - Nickelback
Next Contestant - Nickelback
If Everyone Cared - Nickelback
I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At the Disco
The Only Difference - Panic! At the Disco
Beep - Pussycat Dolls
Buttons - Pussycat Dolls
Temperature - Sean Paul
Shake - Ying Yang Twins

I can listen to these songs over and over and over again without stop and without getting annoyed. Sometimes I listen to the song so much, I memerize it. :animeswea

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Just wanted to note, Starfire, Cat14 and EvilRubberDucky, if you are going to post, please tell me why you are obsessed with the song, especially if you are doing a list. This isn't the place to just rattle off favorite songs, otherwise it would be spammy.
If you look above you you'll see the type of posts that are encouraged in this thread.
Just remember for next time kay! :catgirl:
Thanks![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well, I don't really have any new additions, I'm still listening to all the same stuff.
But I really like "Ex's and Oh's" by Atreyu. I saw it on Much Loud the other night, and I just really liked it. I love hard music with lots of melody and awesome screaming. This had it. Plus the lyrics were rad.

[QUOTE=EvilRubberDucky]The songs I am obsessed with are (artists in alphabetical order):

Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
I'm So Sick - Flyleaf
You and Me - Lifehouse
So Sick - Ne-Yo
Savin' Me - Nickelback
Next Contestant - Nickelback
If Everyone Cared - Nickelback
I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At the Disco
The Only Difference - Panic! At the Disco
Beep - Pussycat Dolls
Buttons - Pussycat Dolls
Temperature - Sean Paul
Shake - Ying Yang Twins

I can listen to these songs over and over and over again without stop and without getting annoyed. Sometimes I listen to the song so much, I memerize it. :animeswea[/QUOTE]

Why I am obsessed with these songs is..Well I don't know exactly. I think it's just the musical stylings. I mean, if a song doesn't sound good to me, I won't like it. And I like songs I can dance to, but songs I can relate to as well. Hence why I am obsessed with said songs.

[COLOR=Red]in no particular order:

(song / artist)

1. Stupid Kill / Alkaline Trio vs. Thrice
2. The Quiet Screaming / Brand New vs. Dashboard Confessional
3. I Know What You Buried Last Summer / Senses Fail vs. Taking Back Sunday
4. Suburban Home - I Like Food / Taking Back Sunday
5. Start Today / Fall Out Boy
6. Everyone Is Someone In LA / Felix Da Housecat
7. Somebody Told Me[Josh Harris Remix] / The Killers
8. Time To Escape / Hot Snakes
9. Ready Steady Go / Paul Oakenfold
10. Minority / Green Day

there are the newly downloaded songs i listen to almost nonstop.

*notes
-----------
the songs with two artists were mixed by The Legion Of Doom
The Killers are the best band to come out of my hometown in Vegas, better than Panic! At The Disco, in my opinion.

Thank You For Your Time.

Leon Fury[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Well... I have various songs at which I'm obsessed with, but the song that I'm obsessed with right now is Undo by Cool Joke. It's a nifty little song from the Fullmetal Alchemist opening. I don't know why I like it so much.... maybe it's because of the singers voices? XD It kinda sounds like they're having fun while they're singing.

Anyways, some reasons as to why I'm obsessed with Undo is because I like the meaning of the song: it reflects to what someone feels like and you wish you could go back to the way we all once were. Another reason is because of the flipping beat and music. The guitars are awesome and the drums add to it even more. Last but not least... it's because it's from FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!! XD I tell you, everytime I hear a song from that show, I love it and I quickly download it. That's me... the ever FMA stalker. *stalks Ed*

Anyways, so yeah. Oh.. I might also be obsessed with this one particular song because it's by a J-Pop or J-Rock band. Gotta dig asian bands... w00tness! XD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Right now, Vicarious, the new single from Tool. It's a message about people being obsessed wth TV. See below.

My favorite part is when he sings la,la,la,la,la,la,la-lie

Vicarious by Tool

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavour
It happens to be like;
Killed by the husband
Drowned by the ocean
Shot by his own son
She used the poison in his tea
And kissed him goodbye
That's my kinda story
It's no fun 'til someone dies

Don't look at me like
I am a monster
Frown out your one face
But with the other
Stare like a junkie
Into the tv
Stare like a zombie
While the mother
Holds her child
Watches him die
Hands to the sky crying
Why, oh why?
'cause i need to watch things die
From a distance

Vicariously i, live while the whole world dies
You all need it too, don't lie

Why can't we just admit it?

We won't give pause until the blood is flowing
Neither the brave nor bold
The writers of stories sold
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing

I need to watch things die
From a good safe distance

You all feel the same so

Blood like rain come down
Drawn on grave and ground

Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivore and voyeur
Stare at the transmitter
Sing to the death rattle

La, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie

Incredulous at best your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men
Pull your head on out
Your head believes it give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again
The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive, so it is
So it's always been

We all feed on tragedy
It's like bood to a vampire

Much better you than i

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heero yuy
[QUOTE=Leon Fury][COLOR=Red]in no particular order:

(song / artist)

1. Stupid Kill / Alkaline Trio vs. Thrice
2. The Quiet Screaming / Brand New vs. Dashboard Confessional
3. I Know What You Buried Last Summer / Senses Fail vs. Taking Back Sunday

[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Great songs...Legion of doom did a great job mixing those.

I got "The Quiet Screaming" stuck in my head right now.

ok my favorite songs i am OBSESSED with are
1.shiki no uta-minmi she is an awsome singer
2.sakura colors-utada hikaru good background music
3.passion-utada hikaru favorite song from kh2
4.simple and clean-utada hikaru favorite song from kh
5.ghost of you-my chemical romance great slow dance song
6.the only difference between martydom and suicide is press coverage-panic at the disco love the beats
7.nails for breakfast,tacks for snacks-panic at the disco love the beats
8.imperfection-skillet if you get the lyrics to this song it helps with tough times
9.every time we touch-cascada awsome song for all the couples out there
10.a thousand words-FFX-2 great song fro friendships and couples

• 2 weeks later...
Hm. My current obsession at the moment is with Gackt's 'Last Song' . The lyrics really got me and the music/singing really just makes my day whenever i listen to the song. Gackt is really amazing so yeah. It's defintiely gonna stay an obsession for a while longer. haha.

[COLOR=Sienna]One song I'd say I'm currently obsessed with would be...

STONEHENGE! By SPINAL TAP! Ever see the incredibly awesome mockumentary This is Spinal Tap? Yea, those guys. Jokes on us, because they ROCK.

Stonehenge[B]

Stonehenge, where the demons dwell
Where the banshees live and they do live well
Stonehenge
Where a man is a man and the children dance to
the pipes of pan
Stonehenge
Tis a magic place where the moon doth rise
With a dragon's face
Stonehenge
Where the virgins lie
And the prayer of devils fill the midnight sky