OtakuBoards

What type of tattoo would you get?

InuYashasV

This doesn't really invoke much discussion, although it has the potential to.

I have one tattoo, on my right shoulder blade of a shooting star, for a friend of mine who passed away a few years ago. I love it, but at the same time I don't want it to be my only tattoo because of the story behind it. I want one that is my own story, that can accurately represent who I think I am.
I hope to get another tattoo one day, but I'm in no rush because I don't really know what I want.
Someone put up a thread that got closed asking about pictures of fairies for a tattoo, and while I was searching for some for her on Google, I found one that I really liked, but I don't really know if I'd actually want it inked on me.

I know that I want to get one on my calf, or on the back of my ankle, depending on how big it is. I don't really want to get any kanji, just because it's overdone so much.
I'd like something perhaps Japanese influenced, but I would wait until after I actually experienced Japanese culture to get it (hopefully in a year!). I also thought about getting a dragon and a tiger... or a pheonix and a dragon. I was really thinking about getting a pheonix and something with the mercury symbol and the gemini symbol.

But they're all just random ideas. I haven't came up with anything concrete, and I don't plan on getting another tattoo until I know for sure that I can pick something worth wasting the money for. Because tattoos are so freakin' expensive these days!

[QUOTE=InuYashasV]i want to get a tattoo, but i'm a little wary. i have a sensitivity to nickel and my father had a tattoo and had to get it surgically removed when it got infected.

if i do get a tattoo, i want a japanese dragon on my lower back.[/QUOTE]

-gasp-O___O thats just what I want---not old enough yet- :animeangr

Definately, I'd say if your under 17, 18... don't bother with it. Chances are you'll change your mind about it a couple years down the road.
Not to mention, you need parental consent.
The best idea is, if you want a tattoo, find a picture you like, and put it somewhere where you will see it all the time, and then if your not sick of it a few years down the road, then you should be fine. :catgirl:

[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]II know that I want to get one on my calf, or on the back of my ankle, depending on how big it is.

I don't really want to get any kanji, just because it's overdone so much.
[/QUOTE]

[color=#9944ff][font=Harlow Solid Italic][size=3] Ooh yay! Tattoo thread!

I'm going to warn you ahead of time- although since you've gone through the pain of having your shoulderblade tattooed it won't be much of a shock- tattoos on your ankle hurt like hell

And I have two tattoos. My first one is the kanji for equestrian. It's probably 3 inches by 3 inches and black. I'm cursing myself to this day for having it filled in.... But yeah pretty much everyone has kanji it's played out I think. *Thinks- Must get a pair of boots added behind Kanji*

My most recent tattoo kind of looks like two, but it's really just one. It's a butterfly taking off of a sunflower.... The guy that did most of my brother's (IE: All but one of his eight tattoos) Helped me design it.

I really want to get another one I even know where I want it and what I want it to be and what it means.

I want to get [color=royal blue][font=Kunstler Script] [size=4] Dans chaque fin, il y a un debut[/color][/font][/size] [color=#9944ff][font=Harlow Solid Italic]Which translates to In the end there is also a beginning.

I want it on the small of my back. And the meaning behind it is that yes my marriage is over, but there will always be something new happening. I think that maybe that's what my second tattoo symbolizes as well- even though when I got that one I still thought my marriage would work out.

And if I may, I'd like to ask what is a favorite tattoo you've seen on someone. For me it would be the one my brother has on his left arm. When you look at it one way it says life and when you look the other way it says death. Appropriately he has the grim reaper on the same arm on the other side of the life/death tattoo.[/color][/font]

[FONT=Arial]I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo, but I do have an idea or two for some kind of dream in which I actually got one. I'm not interested in having a permanent mark on my body for the rest of my life, nor would I look forward to the *pain*. But a lot of rock band members have tattoos. I wouldn't do it to fit in with the rest, though. (I wouldn't do it at all). If for some strange cosmic reason, I decided to get one, it would be the [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ShikyoKasu/piabposter.jpg]Pandora in a Box logo[/URL] (minus the doodles of the mascots and band members). I don't know where, though. Just the PiaB logo. Nifty, nifty.

I don't really have any favorite tattoos on other people. [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ShikyoKasu/afi_150.jpg]The members of AFI[/URL] look good in tattoos. My English teacher has one of a half sun half moon on her leg. =)[/FONT]

I love AFI tattoos. I wanted one for the longest time. They've been one of my favorite bands for years now. But I realized that if I got an AFI tattoo, chances are I wouldn't like it when I'm like 40, so I decided to skip it.
Unless it was something inconspicuous. I wouldn't get the Nephilim or Art and Articia tattooed on me, but maybe I'd get that heart with the eye, or some lyrics. That's kind of why I wanted a phoenix tattoo, because not only does it represents an anime that is reborn out of its own ashes, but my favorite AFI song is "Days Of The Phoenix". So maybe I'd get a Pheonix and the words "I Fell Into Fantasy" or something.
I dunno. Just speculations over here. :catgirl:

[color=#b0000b][size=1]If I were to get a tattoo, it would be something I had designed myself. I certainly don't need someone else's artwork inscribed permanently into my flesh.

It would be small, elegant, and somewhere unobtrusive. Something simple, like the word "Hope."[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna]Like [I]Amelia[/I], I don't think that I'll ever get a tattoo - it's never really been appealing to me. Up until this year, I've never seen a tattoo that I liked either; I thought that they were all pretty ugly, even the things like flowers, butterflies, etc... But I finally found some tattoos that haven't disgusted me this year when I went to school.

A girl in one of my classes had these two tattoos, both on her feet, and they are the prettiest things I've ever seen... On one of her feet she has this little quail, and on the other foot she has a very colorful parrotfish. The quail is done in shades of purple, blue, and green; and the parrotfish is in shades of green, red, orange, yellow, and pink. They're both very pretty! ^_^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[font=garmond][size=2][color=navy]YAY!! Tattoo thread!!! Ok I got my excitement out.

Anyways, I currently have two tattoos and am planning on a few more. But my first one is on my left shoulder blade. It is a red rose that has a banner going around the stem that says "Every rose has its thorn". And I love it, not just for the song, but because it describes everything about me and about life. Everything beautiful has something that 'pains' us. This tattoo is colored in. But yeah.

My second tattoo is on my right shoulder blade and it an eye with two roses, one rose is formed at the bottom of the eye from I guess you could call it a stream of tears, and the other one goes diagonal so the rose bud is by the corner of the eye. This tattoo is in all black.

I intend when I get the money to get a three rose/tribal on my lower back on my jean line. There will be a rose in the middle and then tribal coming out from both sides, and in the tribal there will be a single stem red rose coming out on the end of either side.

I also want to get my Korean name tattooed on my ankle in Korean. I thought would be pretty neat to bring my culture home.

I also have a friend designing me a tattoo, and if I like it so much and it is that incredible I told him I would have his name/signature tattooed directly below it.

As for you kids who are say about 18 or younger, don't be too eager to get yourself inked up. I have been planning these for years, granted I am only going to be 21 in like 3 weeks, and I have my list, but I have changed my mind so many times about the tattoos that I want it's not even funny. I have put a lot of thought into all of my tattoos, and trust me you don't want to put something on your body that you will regret 5, 10, 20 years down the road.
[/font][/color][/size]

[COLOR=Indigo]I had a fake tattoo of a dragon over the summer. It lasted three weeks. I had it on my lower back. If I were to get a permanent one, it would be the same as my fake. As you can see [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Japan_86/IMGP2211.jpg]here[/URL] .[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I sort of gave myself a temporary tattoo out of boredom. My left knuckles say VIVA (one letter on each finger), and every now and then I'll put "LA REVOLUTION" in a patterned sort of way there. I really need to shower, though, so my little "tattoo" is going to get washed away. =' ([/FONT]

[size=1][color=hotpink]I'm waiting to get a tattoo when I can afford it since I finally figured out EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I've been talking about getting wings on my back for a while now, but I wanted the wings to be so TORI. And I wanted angel wings. But instead of realistic wings, I've decided on some very cutesy-girlish ones. Almost like something from an adorable anime, perhaps.

Since I haven't got my tattoo yet, I've just went crazy everywhere else. I'm currently sporting pink hair, and I'm now up to six piercings: ears, navel, tongue, and nipples. <3

[b]EDIT:[/b] ALSO, I just want to say that Japanese dragons, kanji, and butterflies are SO FREAKING CLICHE. I wish people would get more creative. =([/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]I plan on getting a tattoo after high school or mabye like mid-college. But my tattoo would go across my entire back. It would be a fully body pictuer of my brother holding a white sword in his left hand and a black sword in his right hand, the left side of his body would be black with a evil smile and one wicked looking eye. And his right side would be white with the peaceful smile and a peasnt look in his eye. I'm getting the tattoo of my brother because he passed away a few years ago and I want to honor him with a tattoo, since he had a few tattoo's himself.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Georgia]I was never interested in tatoos until I actually began watching shows about tatoo shops on cable, and really saw the passion and art that went into them. It actually got me thinking about getting a tatoo when I'm in college. My ideas are always changing. I think it's something you have to organically decide upon, since it'll be part of your body. Maybe I would do a mythological symbol, from my Irish heritage or something, or a fallen angel.[/FONT]

I want to get a pair of either angel or faerie wings on my back but I want them to be small. I won't plan on getting it probably until my college days cause once you get into college, people say thats when you find your true self, who you really are. So if by then I still want it, I'm getting it. If not then I guess I won't get it. haha.

[color=red]I've long contemplated getting a tattoo on the back of my right shoulder-blade; which is the same place both of my sisters have one. Either there or on my ankle. Anyhow, I'd like a tattoo of my name in Japanese, in Kanji to be more precise (would give you a picture, but then it'd mean I have to take the effort to draw it ;) ). Yeah.. Shinjitsu. Lol, either that or I'd get a shuriken or sword tattoo.[/color]

In my opinion if u get a tattoo it should be something that has personal meaning to u in your life-we go through changes and experience a lot of hurt, love and other emotions in our time and if your deciding to get a piece done then let it speak for u...i ve got 2 tattoos at the moment and im planning on getting a third. My entire leg knee to ankle covered in one of my own designs....i broke up with my girlfriend no more than 48hrs ago we had a gr8 relationship-it was definetly a period in my life and i intend to use this experience and convert it into art on my body...

:animedepr

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]So what if something is cliche? I say if you really want something, go for it. Personally, even if Kanji tattoos are common, I still want to get one on my lower back. That's really the only place I find tattoos attractive on females, that or your ankle.

Which as CHW points out is extremely painful, infact I've heard it's one of the worst ones since it's hitting bone. I'm a big chicken when it comes to pain so I doubt that I could ever hack up the courage to actually get one, but if I don't get a kanji symbol, I'd probably get a little fairy or one of those designs that goes all the way across the lower back. As far as piercings go, I have three done on each ear and I hope to get my belly button done and my nose. But I'm highly afraid of needles, so when this will happen will be definately way into the future. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dee][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]So what if something is cliche? I say if you really want something, go for it. Personally, even if Kanji tattoos are common, I still want to get one on my lower back. That's really the only place I find tattoos attractive on females, that or your ankle.

Which as CHW points out is extremely painful, infact I've heard it's one of the worst ones since it's hitting bone. I'm a big chicken when it comes to pain so I doubt that I could ever hack up the courage to actually get one, but if I don't get a kanji symbol, I'd probably get a little fairy or one of those designs that goes all the way across the lower back. As far as piercings go, I have three done on each ear and I hope to get my belly button done and my nose. But I'm highly afraid of needles, so when this will happen will be definately way into the future. [/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

For me it's not so much that it's the fact that it's cliche, if I want a tattoo, for the most part I want it to be original. Of course, that can be hard at times, especially since I can't draw and I have no idea what I want. I would probably get ideas from other people's custom work and try to incorporate something to make it unique to me.
A tattoo should be defining of you, and it is a bit of a shame that kanji has become so popular that its hard to find something that someone else doesn't allready have. But that's just me, I still like kanji tattoos (although I don't see myself getting one), they're very simple and in my opinion, elegant. But some people get them for the wrong reasons is all. It's just like the koi tattoos, they just seem to be so overdone, but if you can make it original, then that's much better.

I'm still searching for THEE tattoo of all tattoos. And when I find it, whatever it is, then I'm gonna be one happy camper!

[quote name='Dee][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Which as CHW points out is extremely painful, infact I've heard it's one of the worst ones since it's hitting bone.[/FONT'][/SIZE][/quote]
[color=dodgerblue]Yeah, my sister got a snake tattoo on her right ankle (actually, right around) and she said it was extremely painful :animestun I don't think I'd be able to get one on my ankle just from seeing hers all swollen and gross for a long period of time (though afterwards, it looked really cool), whereas the one on her shoulder was fine after a while, but that one looked just as awesome ^_^ Hey, if anyone here has a tattoo, do you have a picture of it? Personally I think tattoo art is great, if it's done properly.[/color]

pretty much, im going to get 18 in less than a month and i already have an appointment with an artist to get inked. lol, im quite excited!

to start off with im going to my case number (i was adopted) behind my right ear on the bone .... 0_0 which is going to hurt soooo much since its on bone!.. .and than im going to get a small dagger over my heart and have it look like its puncturing the skin. and than because i think its hilarous and everyone needs a stupid tatoo...

on the bottom of my foot i want to get MADE IN KOREA. i dunno why, it just think its hilarous funny and no one will really no its there.

all of these tats are going to be fairly small but once i save up some more $$$ im going to get another few on my back that i designed myself. One's like a really small shadow outline a telescope on a hill than ill have black little star going up my back/spine and than also i want a upside down umbrella on my hip with a few rain drop going into it.

i really like all my tatoo ideas and all of them have meaning to me... even the stupid foot one. It shows my pride in my hertiage and korean is who i am. Plus i've been plotting and designing most of them and have liked all the concepts for 2/3 years now. so i know i wont regret them.

yep they'll go get along with my gauges and industrial and soon to be snake bites. hahah my parents are so thrilled.