OtakuBoards

I wanna mohawk!!

Dooxy

Hey people waattsaappp!

Ok me and my friend are planning to get our mohawk on! Any suggestions ? Ive already tried to make my hair stand on end right now but i cant do it, so if I get a hawk what should I use ? and should I dye it ? =o xD. My friend said shes gonna do hers 3 inches, o well shes gonna look like a tard then.. But Im gonna keep mine what it is now, about 6 1/2 inches :D

Anyone ever had a hawk ? got any cool pictures? and tips? hellp meeehhhhh!!!!11!1 plz :)

meh mohawks aren't all that their cracked up to be... everyone has 'em (damn trends). So basically getting a mohawk your giving into trends. My best suggestion for keeping it standing up straight though is that bed head stuff and hairspray.

Guest Prick Wizard
Correct me if I'm wrong but Mohwaks are outlawed in America/Europe/Canada and you have little chance of getting one (and that's INCLUDING ebay). As a result of advancements in warfare related weapons they have generally became less and less common and infact barely used since the days of knights (you just try slaying a dragon with what is essentially a modified axe).

It would most likely come under the dangerous weapons act (or whichever is relevant to your particular realm).

What I do know though is that battlemages in particular do still use them, and that that is probably your best bet. If you don't know any battlemages then you're on your own. They have generally went into hiding since the days of modern advancements and have probably regressed back into the ancient and mystical forests such as humpford woods and even plessy.

Good luck and fairwell.

[QUOTE=Dooxy]Hey people waattsaappp!

Ok me and my friend are planning to get our mohawk on! Any suggestions ? Ive already tried to make my hair stand on end right now but i cant do it, so if I get a hawk what should I use ? and should I dye it ? =o xD. My friend said shes gonna do hers 3 inches, o well shes gonna look like a tard then.. But Im gonna keep mine what it is now, about 6 1/2 inches :D

Anyone ever had a hawk ? got any cool pictures? and tips? hellp meeehhhhh!!!!11!1 plz :)[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend used to have a 'hawk. But he's 24, so back when he did the whole mohawk thing it wasn't actually trendy. Compared to the kids walking around thinking they're punk he's a dinosaur hahaha. He did look pretty hot when he had his mohawk, but eventually he got lazy in doing it all the time and just shaved it off. He looked much better afterwards anyways.

I say get a mohawk and then go to Hot Topic and spend $200 on the most punkest outfits you can find. You be the punkest punker known to punk kind!!!1111!!1111!!one one one.

Heh.

[QUOTE=Prick Wizard]Correct me if I'm wrong but Mohwaks are outlawed in America/Europe/Canada and you have little chance of getting one (and that's INCLUDING ebay). As a result of advancements in warfare related weapons they have generally became less and less common and infact barely used since the days of knights (you just try slaying a dragon with what is essentially a modified axe).

It would most likely come under the dangerous weapons act (or whichever is relevant to your particular realm).

What I do know though is that battlemages in particular do still use them, and that that is probably your best bet. If you don't know any battlemages then you're on your own. They have generally went into hiding since the days of modern advancements and have probably regressed back into the ancient and mystical forests such as humpford woods and even plessy.

Good luck and fairwell.[/QUOTE]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I think you're thinking of a tomahawk. O.o

As for mohawks, if you really want one then just go to your local hair stylist and pay for it. It's much easier. If you do get a mohawk, changing your hair colour would probably be a good idea. Mohawks generally look good coloured oddly, like lime green and red-pink (in my opinion, of course).[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I think you're thinking of a tomahawk. O.o[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[size=1][color=hotpink]LOL, reading the first post and trying to imagine it in the context of a weapon is absolutely hilarious.

(Should I dye it?!)

My husband currently is sporting a mohawk. And I don't really like it because it's just not very becoming of him. But the longer, the better.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Queen Asuka][size=1][color=hotpink]LOL, reading the first post and trying to imagine it in the context of a weapon is absolutely hilarious.

(Should I dye it?!)

My husband currently is sporting a mohawk. And I don't really like it because it's just not very becoming of him. But the longer, the better.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

Especially when they aren't done either. I hated it when my boyf wore his down... it just looked weird.
But it's true, the longer the better. And having it colored as well is pretty rad.
I still prefer my boyf's shaved head over the mohawk.

[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]Especially when they aren't done either. I hated it when my boyf wore his down... it just looked weird.
But it's true, the longer the better. And having it colored as well is pretty rad.
I still prefer my boyf's shaved head over the mohawk.[/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, my husband wants to dye his hair blue again, but he refuses to dye just his mohawk, so he's planning on shaving his head again and then bleaching and dying. BUT, I feel his dye-job would look better if he would let his hair grow a little bit longer (he keeps it as short as he can), and that way it will last longer.

On the lasting longer note, though...having long hair makes it take FOREVER for it to grow out. I guess that's the one thing that sucks about having natural blonde hair and dying it pink: you can't dye over it to mask the color.[/color][/size]

[FONT=Arial]If you want some mohawk (or maybe liberty spike?) role models:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ShikyoKasu/thecasualties.jpg[/IMG]

I couldn't tell you how to do it expertly, but I do know it could require glue, hair spray, maybe even egg whites (check the Wikipedia article).[/FONT]

Well it all started like this, My first year of highschool now, and I was pissed off because looking through the yearbook there was NOT ONE person with a mohawk :animestun .. something's wrong there, but because my school is predominantly into the whole "rap music is the coolest thing since sliced bread" thing.
I wanna mohawk, and if my friend does it me and her will be the only ones with hawks, but i kinda got one smalll problem, my hair is curly, not afro curly xD its just curly, and I wouldn't want to be straightening it any time I wanna spike myself up.

My hair is about 5 or 6 inches long? Took a fair while to grow about 7 or 8 months, and I just dont wanna cut it all off, seems like a waste to me :animesmil So I might as well do something cool with it. People always wanna do stuff but they don't have the balls. So when I'm 80 im gonna havs pics for my grandchildren and I wanna be able to say, I HAD A MOHAWK! I HAD LONG HAIR, IT WAS !!! :animeswea just stuff like that :P and lately the new "cool" hairstyle at my school is getting a buzzcut, psshh I had that last year.. before it was cool :P but it was really a haircut gone wrong and thats what I ended up with :P

[strike]Or maybe I am just really craving attention! a self-deprived emotionless teen who just wants attention from ANYONE!!![/strike] :animecry:

Scratch that last line, I'm good ;)

And thx for all the replies guys :D

[size=1]Mohawks aren't very interesting. Punks keep getting them, and I'm kind of getting used to seeing them around the streets. And because I live in San Diego, I don't see many punk kids. I mainly see the whole "Prep" kids on the street or near the beach. It's not very trendy anymore, when kids get them at school they just end up getting stares for the completely wrong reason.

I'd prefer a faux hawk--but I'm trying to grow out my hair at the current moment. Maybe when I decide to get it cut? Meh.[/size]

I guess it's just different where I live, there's no "prep" kids or whatever the hell they are, everyone here is into rap music and all that kinda stuff. If you walk down the street here you just see everyone with there buzzcuts :animeangr because its the "in" thing to do. I want a hawk because they are just different, and everyone has wanted one at some point in time xD

But ya.. what I really needed to know in this thread is what should I use to make it stand again? and has anyone ever heard of using wood glue ?

Guest Jes[sic]ka
Mohawks are incredibly addicting once you get your first (kinda like tattoos 'n piercings). I've shaved my hair into a 'hawk four different times (after letting 'em grow out for a while) since I was 16 (I'm 24, now). I say go for it. Just don't be surprised when you get the constant stares (you [I]will[/I] get them), or the occasional compliment.

I say if you're going to stick with the longer hair, you should use some cement-type hair stuffs like Got2B Glued (the stuff that comes in a tapered squeeze-tube), and spray it down with some L.A. Looks Aero Power Glue Spray. After trying dozens of different combinations, those two worked best for my longest hair. Though I gotta tell ya, when you're just getting started, it can be pretty time consuming as well as frustrating getting it "just right."

Good luck!

This pic is of my very first 'hawk. I wish I had a more recent one so I could show how much improvement has been made since. :animeswea

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/pinkybrat/Pinky%20Pix/mohawkpink-vi.jpg[/IMG]

[size=1][color=slategray]Ha, earlier this year a friend of mine got a mohawk, dyed it red and then went to the pool repeatedly, which is NOT a good idea. After about two weeks of the chlorine water making contact with his hair, the color washed out to a light pink. XD It was hawt.
But, yeah, a lot of people tried to copy him for football season, since they had to have their hair short anyway. Everyone else looked positively gross with their hair like that. Good thing they came to their senses soon afterwards and got them shaved off. I think my friend is the only person in my grade who can really pull it off. I'm not sure what he uses to keep it up, but I hear that my good friend Elmer's Glue does wonders.[/color][/size]