OtakuBoards

Enclave [M-LVS]

Deadpool

Vincent walked down teh long hall to the throne room. Security had been doubled ever since the king's daughter had gone missing. "I wonder who took her?" He opened the doors to the throne room and bowed. "Your magesty"

The king hurridly got down off his throne and stood before Vincent. "I am glad you have accepted the quest. This means a lot to me and if you return, you shall be paid handsomely. Wait till the others arrive and I shall explain everything"

Vincent frowned as he stared at the ground. "Great, just what I need is more people to get in my way"

OOC: Alright everyone, this is finnally up. Just post about you getting to the king's throne room and your opinon on everything and the other people who you are forced to work with, then the adventure begins.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela Sevgi approached the throne room doors, her summons in her hand. Of course, she had already heard what happened, though the note said nothing of it. It simply said that something of terrible importance has happened and that her presence was requested by King Samuel. The gossip through the city had given her the information she needed, though she couldn't be sure how much of it was true given the nature of ladies' gossip.

She opened the doors and entered, walking forward toward the throne. There was already one man there. [I]'It seems I'm not working alone,'[/I] she thought, though she knew she wouldn't be. With the king's only daughter kidnapped, why would he only send one huntress after her?

[I]"Your majesty, Kacela Sevgi, a huntress of your force, has answered your summons,"[/I] Kacela said, taking a low bow in front of the king's throne. "[I]What will you have me do?"[/I] With a grave look on his face, the king replied, [I]"My young huntress. I'll have to ask that you wait with my good friend Vincent here until the others arrive. All will be explained soon."[/I]

Flashing a dangerous look at the man the king mentioned, she said, [I]"Yes, m'lord," [/I] and moved to the opposite side of the room from Vincent. [I]'I wonder how many others I will be forced to deal with,'[/I] she thought, leaning against the wall and crossing her arms.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I][B]?Block with the left, swing down with both hands from high?right like that good keep it up.? [/I] [/B] Dalanius observed from afar as young Paladins where being taught proper fighting techniques, some were good but most. Most he thought would not last a minute on the battle field. One of the Kings messengers came running up to Greynin as he observed the events, the messenger seemed quite out of breath.

[B]?Paladin ? the King requests your presence at the hall?[/B] he stopped to catch his breath, Greynin had forgotten about the summoning to the hall. Rumor was passing among the troops quickly that The Princess has been kidnapped.

[B]?I will be there shortly now get out of my way.?[/B] He pushed passed the messenger almost knocking him to the ground and made his way towards the Castle.

[CENTER]= = = = = [/CENTER]

Two people were already standing in the chamber as he made his entrance; he ignored them for the moment. Greynin went down on one knee before the king, flicking his cape behind him as he spoke.
[B]?My king, Paladin Greynin at your service?[/B]

[B]?Excellent, rise my Paladin rise, all will be explained when the others I have summoned arrive, for now, please wait patiently.? [/B] He nodded and stood, a female was present as well as another male. The female was clearly a huntress, he could tell by the way she was dressed, the other male he was not so sure about. Greynin walked off to the side and stood alone waiting for the others to arrive; he wondered who else the King had decided on recruiting into this rescue mission. [/COLOR]

Cellah walked in with her Mother an elf named Mini and her Lady Joyun her other mother according to them the two women bowed she did as well
"Your Majesty we offer Mini's daghter and my daghter in law to you" she said pushing Cellah forward bowing
"i'll.......d-d-do my best" she said
"good huntress please wait with the others over there" she said she waited sitting down she shook a little meditateing to calm her down

Ceyla marched through the large castle grounds. A few of the knights at the castle gates had tried to stop her from entering. All the assassin did was bruise them a little; she killed only when needed. Ceyla explained to one of the older guards her reason for coming to Mecki and he let her pass. The king needed the best fighters he could get, even if Ceyla was a little rough on the knights.

As she entered the royal chamber, she saw a half-elf maiden bow to the king and walk to a group of warriors. Ceyla slowly went towards the throne and gave her stiletto to a guard before coming too close to the king. She remembered all rules of etiquette from her childhood. She had actually met the king at a royal gathering once.

Ceyla kneeled before the king. After waiting for him to acknowledge her, she said,"Your Majesty, I traveled here because I heard you need great fighters. In all honesty, few can match my skill. Your guards outside can prove that. I offer you my blade and my loyalty. You are a ruler I honestly respect."

"Rise and join the others, Ceyla Ashwind," the king said. Ceyla was surprised he knew her name from so long ago, but that was why she wanted to help: he ruled with kindness. She reclaimed her blade, bowed again, and stood near the other warriors. Most of them seemed like they did not like to work with others, either. Ceyla smiled at the shy half-elf that entered before her.

"I think there's only one more," said a paladin carrying a claymore.

Neko walked up the palace's steps. An eerie wind blew and she stop and looked up.
"Eerie wind for eeire times," She said to herself and walked in to the palace.
From there she took a right and slammed open the throne room's door.
"Good! I needed another skilled assain. Won't you sit down?" The king asked her once she stepped in.
She sat down next to Vincent without a word.

the elf saw the girl smiling at her only her mothers had done that to her so she looked at the girl curiously and then countied her meditation if she didnt meditate she teneded to get a bit jumpy so she did it twice a day to keep her self calm waiting for instrutions

Vincent wasn't too thrilled about all of these other people. It just meant more things he had to watch after. But who knew, most likely they would just make his job easier. But the other Paladin would be his biggest problem. He heard the king clear his throat and turned around as the others did to. [I]Finallly, something to break the silence[/I]

The king frowned. If they didn't get along they would just but his daughter in more danger. "Alright, here is the deal. My duaghter has been kidnapped and it is your job to find her. She is being held somewhere in the eastern lands in a castle called Ravenbrook. You will know it when you see it. Find whoever did this and either kill them or bring them to me. Now go, horses are waiting for you outside"

Vincent walked outside followed by the rest of the party. He mounted a solid black mustang and turned to the elf then smiled. "Good to see you again Neko" He held out his hand to her.

Horseback riding was nothing new to Ceyla. Her brothers had often raced horses with her when she was younger. She looked at the fine selection of horses that had been offered and walked up to a red roan stallion. After checking the reins and the adjusting the saddle, she mounted the horse, patted its neck and moved him closer to the others.
"Do you all know how to ride?" she asked.

"um no I dont" Cellah said stuttering blushing
"I dont really belong here" she said her ears twitched as she heard the wind whistle
"if you want to move out you might want to avoid" she listened closely "the eastern path large storm a brewing there" she said shuddering from the cold wind
"so I dunno what to do I cant ride a horse" she said

Vincent made a small frown. None of the others moved to do anything and there was only one thing to do. "Here" He held out his hand as she grabbed it. He hoisted her up into the air and on to the horse behind him. "Alright we good to go" He made sure the other Paladin was on then moved his horse into the front and began at a slow trot out of the city. They rode in silence for almost an hour when Vincent shook his head. "Alright I don't hink we can accomplish this if we don't bother to get to know each other."

Neko turned to him. "What do you suppose we do?"

"Just alk to a person that you don't already know" He looked over his shoulder at the elf behind. "Name's Vincent by the way and don't worry about not being able to ride, it is okay. I don't mind. Care to tell me what is your name?"

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Noiselessly, Kacela pulled herself up onto a beautiful, chestnut mare. [I]'It seems some already know one another,'[/I] she thought to herself as she made herself comfortable on the saddle. As she waited for the others to be ready, she stroked the mare's head, giving special attention to her ears.

Suddenly, a hand came into her view. Kacela looked up at its owner, the assassin Ceyla. [I]"I figure I should get to know my allies, since we're all working toward the same goal. I'm Ceyla."[/I] Knowing someone would have brought it up sooner or later, Kacela lifted her hand and clasped the assassin's. [I]"Kacela Sevgi,"[/I] she said. She quickly retracted her hand and returned to stroking the mare.[/FONT][/SIZE]

"Cellah Moron Alfenstrain" she said shyly her ears twitched
"there's a hungry wolf pack on the north path" she said looking at the eyes looking at her she blushed
'Mother Minima taght me she's my birth mother she taght me to listen to nature and how to shoot to a bow" she said
"then who was the other women" one of them asked
"thats my other mother Lady Joyun she taght me etquitte" she said
"what about your father" the peron said
"I dunno much bout my father my mothers call him a lying womanzing chovenistic rat pig bastard whatever that means"

Ceyla smiled inwardly at the huntress's abrupt answer. Kacela seemed like a nice person, if a little closed off. "Do you always work for the king, or are you a sword for hire like myself?" Ceyla asked.

"A huntress for the king," Kacela answered.

"Are any of your family members working under the king, as well? Maybe your father or..." Ceyla noticed the huntress stiffen slightly at the word 'father' and decided it might be a touchy subject. "Never mind that question. I should not ask something personal this early into a journey. I certainly cannot stand the man who dares to call himself [I]my[/I] father, at least." Kacela nodded as they continued riding.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Greynin followed the rest outside to the selection of horses, there he watched as the group chose different ones. The other male like himself chose a sold black mustang; others chose chestnut and roan, one even choosing white. He walked along the selection of horses; one caught his eye above the rest. A grey male mustang was standing away from the rest but approached Dalanius. He checked the horse?s saddle and stirrups they seemed ok. He mounted the horse and it didn?t protest, it had been taught well. Dalanius would have preferred to use his own horse, but to refuse a king...

Vincent rode out at the front of the group and everyone followed except Dalanius. He waited behind until everyone had ridden ahead of him and took up the rear guard of the traveling party. Someone needed to make sure that their ?rear ends? were well protected.

After and hour or two everyone started to introduce them selves, their convocations had become quite involved. Dalanius didn?t interfere, he had no use for a topic such as the one they were discussing and would say nothing unless asked.

They should keep their eyes and ears on the road he thought. [/COLOR]

Vincent smiled. At least people were talking. Thgey rode on for a few more hours in small converstaion when the sun began to go down. "Cellah. Weather report"

"That storm is going to be hitting soon"

Vincent saw a small cave over to the side as the first lighting stroke appearred. Alright, everyin the cave. We shall sleep there. I will head aout and get firewood. Cellah, get on the other Paladin's horse, get to know him. Kacela, you with me"
He noticed the confused look on her face. "I overheard your name when you were talking with Ceyla. I have a somewhat good memory" He rode over to the woods and dismounted and hacked down several small trees.

"What are you doing?"

Vincent tied the small logs together making a small raft almost. "Bring your horse over hear." He then tied his horse and her's to it. "Alright, just load it up and it cuts our work in half. We can just burn the whole thing and never have to get more"

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela unsheathed her broadsword. [I]'I can't believe that my mentor's sword is being put to such menial tasks,'[/I] she thought. [I]'But it must be done.'[/I]

A bright flash of lightning cut through the sky, followed by a loud boom of thunder. [I]"I think we should get the wood that we have back to the cave,"[/I] she called out to Vincent. [I]"The rain will start coming down any minute now, and there's nothing that wet wood will do for us."[/I] She made her way back into the open where the horses stood, restless to get away and out of the storm. She put the wood she had collected on the raft and stood in front of the horses, one hand on each of their faces. [I]"Calm, strong ones. Everything will be alright."[/I]

Vincent returned with a large amount of wood. [I]"Okay, let's get out of here,"[/I] he said. He mounted his horse and Kacela mounted hers. As they got moving, Kacela's elven sight caught movement in the woods. Her head jerked toward the movement as she searched for what it was. Vincent saw her and said, [I]"What is it?"[/I] After a moment, Kacela replied, [I]"I thought I saw something move."[/I]

[I]"Perhaps it was just the wind,"[/I] Vincent ventured.

[I]"No,"[/I] she said slowly. [I]"It looked like men..."[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Neko looked towards where Kacela was looking. A quick flash of black from inbetween trees caught her eye.
"She's right," She said to Vincent. "There's men out there."
She focused her jhearing onto the area and stood for a moment, listening to their footsteps.
"There's about 12 men. Be on your gaurd, they mean to harm."

Vincent listened to the sounds coming fro the bushes. His hand became a blur as he reached out and caught an arrow, that was headed straight for Cellah. "Little bastard" Blood dripped down along his hand from where the blade had cut him open. He hopped off his horse and pushed it ovr to the camp, while he walked into the woods. He peared around the corner and pointed.

Kacela nodded and aimed. She fired into the bushes as a man fell out dead with an arrow in his chest.

Vincent walked over as another hopped out of a tree. He brought his sword up behind him catching him in the stomach. "Not today you don't"

Cellah gasped as she drew her bow "who shot that!" she said scared stiff her iron claw on her fist ready her ears twiched nervously
"who did it shooting an arrow outside
she was real jumpy starting to hyperventalate
"who... " she said before passing out

Ceyla watched as Vincent and Kacela went after the bandits. Each fighter had taken one man out but there were plenty left. She saw Cellah faint on Dalanius's horse. Leaving the huntress with the paladin, she rushed to where the other warriors fought. Neko had joined the fray as well.

Ceyla quickly but silently rushed behind one of their attackers and knocked him out. At least one of the men needed to remain alive for questioning since it was possible they worked for Zylon. She bound his hands with rope from their supplies. The assassin felt the presence of some one behind her. Before she unsheathed her stiletto Kacela struck the man with an arrow. She smiled briefly at the Huntress and went to look for more of the bandits. She gripped her dagger, ready to shed blood.

Neko grabbed her sword and ran as fast as she could to the others fighting. She met up with one of the attackers and blocked his attempt to stab her stomach. She twisted around and stabbed him in his shoulder. He screamed and she cut off his head. She ran over to Vincent. He was having trouble with a group of three attacking him.
"Need help?" She asked and smiled.
"It would be nice!" he replied.
She cut into the middle and stood back to back to him. She tried to get to one of the attackers but was blocked. The attacker then raised his sword and cut into her shoulder. She screamed and then stabbed him in his stomach.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia][I]"Dammit!"[/I] Kacela cried in frustration. She turned her head slightly in Cellah's direction. [I]"Cellah said there were twelve. There can't be too many left..."[/I]

As she drew back another arrow, someone came down from the trees and sliced her left arm open, leaving her unable to hold her bow. She let the arrow loose accidently, which fell harmlessly to the ground a few feet away. She fell to the ground as the blood dripped through her fingers to stain the grass. When the man landed, he swiped his sword up, cutting her cheek and narrowly missing her eye. The force of it pushed her to the ground on her back.

[I]"Kacela!"[/I] she heard Vincent call. She looked to him to see if he was coming for her. He was suddenly surrounded by a group of bandits. A great weight fell on her chest, knocking the breath out of her; the man had put his foot on her. "Seems like you'd be as good as any," he said gruffly. Kacela looked around for a way to escape. Another man made his way swiftly over to her. It was her chance to get away.

She grabbed the dagger out of the approching man's boot and dug it into the first man's thigh, getting him off of her, and pulled the dagger out again. Then she rolled backwards, ending on the balls of her feet. She jumped at the second man and thrust the dagger squarely into his chest. As the first man regained his balance, Kacela pulled out the broadsword at her hip and slashed his throat open, letting his lifeblood spill onto the ground.

As both men fell to the ground, dead, Kacela went down on one knee to catch her breath. The pain in her arm was fading, but it still bled. [I]"I can't give up,"[/I] she said to herself. [I]"Gotta keep moving."[/I] She stood up and helped Vincent and Neko dispose of a few more bandits.[/FONT][/SIZE]