OtakuBoards

Enclave [M-LVS]

Deadpool

Neko started walking around to get the feel for the area when she felt someone's eyes on her. She turned around quickly and saw Vincent looking at her. He quickly turned away and blushed. She silently laughed to herself and also blushed.
[I]'I wonder what he's thinking about me?'[/I] she thought.
She turned to him and asked, "What are you doing?"

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OoC:I hope you don't mind me adding your character in my post, Illusion. If there are any problems I can change it.

IC:Ceyla's interest in the city began to wane. She had spent the last four years of her life travelimg, and one town felt the same as any other. The others had paired up for the time being, so she decided to investigate the outskirts of the town. After a half hour's exploration, she found a peaceful glade close to the town's entrance. Ceyla thought it would be a nice place for some solitary training. The only problem was someone else had found the spot first.

"Sharpening your skills, Dalanius?" Ceyla greeted the paladin. "You seem to be very introverted. You haven't talked with us very much."

Dalanius looked up from practicing his sword strikes. "The word is [I]dedicated[/I]. I am dedicated to serving the king. And none of us have really talked that much."

"Then we should start talking, shouldn't we?"

"Alright. Why do you have such a large bag of money?"

"I earn my living through fighting. They were betting on fights, so I entered and bet on myself. I won, of course."

Dalanius furrowed his brow. "You should not gamble when you are on a mission for His Majesty. It is not--"

"Proper?" Ceyla interjected. "No it isn't, but I am not technically a soldier. I am an assassin, a sword-for-hire. Although I think it wouldn't be so bad to work for the king all the time." Ceyla smirked. "I'm having fun on this mission. I actually like my comrades. Especially.... Well, it's just unusual for me to get along with everyone."

"They are worthy warriors."

Ceyla spoke to the paladin for a few more minutes before they headed back to town together. Dalanius was straightforward and loyal to the king, both traits she admired. They walked to the tavern to join Neko and Vincent.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]occ: Mighty fine with me Silver_Blade! I?m back! Whoo hoo! Tests are over and done with. [/COLOR]

Ic: Dalanius wandered through the town, children were playing, people talking. It amazed him how quickly they all recovered from the orc activity.
[B]?Resilient people I guess?? [/B] he muttered to him self. Crowds didn?t interest him at all, if anything he hated to be around an excess of people. It was probably because he spent more time around death than life.

Everyone had seemed to go their own ways; Dalanius never had the chance to thank Ceyla. He wasn?t so sure he knew how too, women on the most part gave up on him pretty quick because of his no-nonsense manor. The fact had not passed his eyes that Vincent had already attracted the attention of most of their team. He rolled his eyes at the thought as he wondered further out of town. Eventually he found himself a spot nice enough for him to practice his sword techniques.

It was secluded and not far from the entrance of the town, it would be nice to have some alone, as he was used to. Dalanius unsheathed his sword and begun swinging in attack patterns, making sure every stoke was correct before moving on to the next. After a few hours his ears pricked up at approaching footsteps.

[B]"Sharpening your skills, Dalanius? You seem to be very introverted. You haven't talked with us very much."[/B] He looked up to see the assassin who had helped him earlier. He shrugged slightly.

[B]"The word is [I]dedicated[/I]. I am dedicated to serving the king. And none of us have really talked that much." [/B] He continued to practice his sword fighting.

[B]"Then we should start talking, shouldn't we?"[/B] Dalanius shrugged at her words and sheathed his sword. He looked her up and down, noticing a large bag.

[B]"Alright. Why do you have such a large bag of money?" [/B] He began packing up his things as she talked.

[B]"I earn my living through fighting. They were betting on fights, so I entered and bet on myself. I won, of course."[/B]

Dalanius stood, thought for a moment and furrowed his brow. [B]"You should not gamble when you are on a mission for His Majesty. It is not--"[/B]

[B]"Proper?" [/B] Ceyla interrupted him, he hated it when people did that. [B]"No it isn't, but I am not technically a soldier. I am an assassin, a sword-for-hire. Although I think it wouldn't be so bad to work for the king all the time." [/B] Ceyla smirked at him. [B]"I'm having fun on this mission. I actually like my comrades. Especially.... Well, it's just unusual for me to get along with everyone."[/B]

[B]"They are worthy warriors." [/B] There was a slight sarcastic hint in his voice. [B]?So, who has warranted your attention?? He walked over to her, she had a slightly confused look on her face.
?Never mind, look?um?thanks for back there?[/B] He didn?t give her a chance to reply as he walked out of the glade ahead of Ceyla.

She ran to catch up with him; Dalanius looked to the sky as the two walked back into town to find Vincent and the elf. He ever caught her name, all of the females names sounded the same to him.

This bunch were proving to be amusing, he wondered how many more battles would ensue before they were any closer to actually finding this princess, he sighed deeply to himself.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

OOC: About time

"I am sitting here getting a drink and thinking about ya'll"

Neko gave him a smile as she sat down next to him. "Why are you thinking about all of us for"

"Oh cause it is the wierdest thing being an orphen for most your life then getting stuck for not one or two or three, but four beautiful looking women." He said nonchalantly.

"Is that a problem?"

"No, I am just wondering if I have to share with Dalanius"

"Your full of it like you always have been"

Vincent busted out laughing. "I know" He stood up and began swaying a little. "Why don't you get something to drink and eat. Will we are here I say we have ourselves a good ole time" He got here a drink while he got another one. Soon Dalanius and Ceyla came in followed closely by Kacela and Cellah. "Looks like th rest of the gang is here" He motioned over to the table as they sat down. "So what havve ya'll been up to?"

Kacela looked at him with narrow eyes. "Your drunk aren't you?"

"Nope, getting there though. Helps relive some of the pressure form this little quest." He put an arm around Dalanius. "And if you refuse a drink I will personally force it down your thoat. Got it" He siad with a big grin, hoping that Dalanius would loosen up a bit.

OOC: the group will stay here until the next moring, then head out for Raven brook. After that some weird things will start happening.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela sighed and ordered some wine. She'd never liked the stronger drinks, but she'd learned to like wine. One had to when one found themself dining in the king's company on quite a few occasions.

[I]'And now it's only a matter of time,'[/I] she thought privately, [I]'until everyone's drunk out of their minds and they fall into an inebriated sleep.'[/I] Leaning against the bar, Kacela thought about what the old Seer had said.

[I]'You may find what it is you seek, but will not be ready for the outcome.'[/I] What had she meant by that? All she seeks is the princess. That's the only reason she went on this journey, to rescue the king's kidnapped daughter. What outcome could there be other than total defeat or victory? [I]'Damn that witch,'[/I] Kacela thought bitterly.

[I]'You know that's not true,'[/I] her mind seemed to say to her. [I]'You know that there is something more. Just because you ignore it does not mean you can escape it haunting your thoughts.'[/I]

[I]'Yes,'[/I] Kacela continued to herself, [I]'but what are the chances that I'd find anything about that in a place like Ravenbrook?[/I]'

[I]'Anything is possible, elf child.'[/I] Kacela's eyes widened as she realized what was going on; that old hag was reading her mind and speaking telepathically. Putting her head down and quickly moving away, Kacela retreated to the corner of the tavern and sat down, putting her wine on the table and wrapping herself in her cloak and putting her hood over her head. [I]"False security,"[/I] she whispered to herself, [I]"but security nonetheless."[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1]Dalanius and Ceyla entered the bar; it wasn?t difficult to spot everyone.

[B]"Looks like th rest of the gang is here,So what havve ya'll been up to?" [/B] Dalanius couldn?t help but stifle a laugh as Vincents words were slightly slurred.

Kacela narrowed her eyes as she observed Vincent [B]"Your drunk aren't you?"[/B]

[B]"Nope, getting there though. Helps relive some of the pressure form this little quest." [/B] Suddenly Dalanius found his shoulders with Vincent?s arm on them[B] "And if you refuse a drink I will personally force it down your thoat. Got it". [/B]

[B]"It takes a lot to get him drunk,"[/B] Neko added talking to Kacela.

[B]?Well, he certainly smells like hes not drunk.? [/B] The thought of Vincent even mildly tipsy was some how hilarious to him, he wasnt missing this. Dalanius motioned to the bar men.

[B]?Get us some hard stuff,? [/B] he turned to Vincent [B]?and I?ll think about joining you? [/B] Stuff it he thought, he hardly ever went drinking with the other Paladin any more and this bunch were good enough. His shout to the bar men was meet with cheers from Vincent. After a few drinks he still couldn?t help think that what they were doing was a little careless.

[B]?You know this is really carel?? [/B] Dalanius was cut off by everyone anticipating him scolding them for doing something wrong.

[B]?Shut up!?[/B] they all shouted and broke into laughter. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Although Ceyla was slightly surprised Dalanius joined them, she was glad for his company. She grinned cheerfully at him, hoping to talk with him more. Neko decided not to drink, which Ceyla thought a good idea. Ceyla drank only small sips of the various liquors her table ordered, not enough to dull her senses, and watered down most of the spirits. She inwardly thought that it would be much more amusing to watch everyone else get drunk, especially the paladins.

After the others downed a few rounds, she stepped outside for some fresh air. [I]I doubt they'll notice my absence,[/I] she thought wryly, [I]since they've had more to drink than fishes.[/I] She took a walk through the empty streets, happy with her current comrades. The moon shone brightly, casting everything in a silvery glow. [I]I think I could get used to having allies,[/I] she thought, already attached to them.

Vincent noticed Kacela over in the corner by herself. He made his away from the group as they were carrying on getting more and more intoxicated. He walked over and sat down next to Kacela. "Anything you want to talk about"

She shook her head her head.

He put an arm around her and hugged her gently. "Well if you ever want to talk about it just find me"

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Being hugged by Vincent felt...satisfying. For as long as she'd known, she'd never been hugged by any man, let alone one that she only met about two days ago. While she didn't return his sentiment outwardly, on the inside, she thanked him for his kindness to her. [I]'Perhaps one day,'[/I] she mused in her mind, [I]'we'll talk about this night. As friends.'[/I]

The word sounded nice. The only real friend she'd ever had beside her mother was her mentor. The man who had given her life purpose. If it wasn't for him, she would have never become a huntress for the king. She'd have never gone on this journey and met these people...her friends.

She smiled under the cover of her cloak. [I]'After all this time...I finally belong.'[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Neko watched Ceyla leave.
[I]I'll let her go,[/I] she thought. [I]She needs peace, even if only for a moment.[/I]
She turned her attension to Vinent and Kacela. He hugged her and she could feel a slight tinge of jelousy.
[I]Why am I feeling this?! I've never felt this before![/I]
Neko banged her head against the nearby wall. "Why?" she said loudly without reliazing that her thoughts were coming out.
The room went silent for a moment, no one had ever heard her talk that loud before, even in battle, not even Vincent. She blushed and sat down quickly. Soon, everyone forgot about what she said and the room returned back to it's normal loud self and she returned to her thoughts.

Cellah sighed walking around staying close but apart from the others she giggled as Neko was blushing at Vincent and Kacela's hug she sighed leaning against a wall she kinda wished she was Kacela at that moment even Neko would have done she was raised by her mother and lady Joyun not having much contact with the opposite sex she did once meet a very nice male harpy but she hadnt seen him in years she sighed taking a bite out of some beef jerky she bought she ussaly was a vegitarian but she just couldnt resist beef jerky she sighed again resting her head against the wall

Ceyla returned from her walk to find Vincent in a corner sitting close to Kacela. Neko and Cellah both looked a little wistful. [I]I believe they both have a crush on him. This might make things complicated.[/I] She sat back next to Dalanius who had also noticed the girls' reactions. Despite his blunt attitude, Ceyla felt refreshingly lighthearted around him.

"Vincent's popular within our group, isn't he?" she commented. The swordsman nodded at her. Ceyla wondered how much he had had to drink. He did not seem intoxicated, but people always reacted differently to alcohol. "He is a nice person. Forward, but dependable."

"Has he caught your attention as well?" Dalanius asked. Ceyla was slightly surprised by him asking but guessed that the alcohol had some effect on him after all. "From something you said earlier I thought you..."

"Oh, you mean at the glade. I was going to say I don't usually want to form bonds with people. I've been ... I guess you could say betrayed by relationships. I like Vincent, but more as a friend. I don't think I could handle someone as flirty as he is." Grinning Ceyla added, "And hopefully he's satisfied with three girls for the moment. I told you something about me, so will you tell me something about you? Doesn't have to be your darkest secret, just tell something about yourself."

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]
Dalanius was kind of awestruck that a woman was asking him to tell them something about himself. He sat there for a moment pondering Ceyla?s question. Hopefully he wouldn?t screw the answer up. Perhaps the alcohol was getting to him. He had lost count of how many drinks he had, but it didn?t really matter to him. Dalanius had been heavy on the drink for some years now and not light stuff either.

[B]?Err? I guess that I?m the same as you.? [/B] Ceyla looked at him curiously, Dalanius looked down and played with his glass that was three quarters empty. [B]?You said that you don?t usually want to form bonds with people, I guess I?m the same as you.?[/B]

This was getting kind of awkward for him, he skulled the rest of the contents of his glass as he filled it again. [B]?A lot of fighting makes you not want to get close to people. They easily die, which makes you angry and that is never a good thing on the battle field??[/B] Dalanius cut him self off there. It was become apparent that he had defiantly one to many drinks. The jug that had been brought to their table full of very strong alcohol was empty, he had drunk it all himself.

He looked at Ceyla out of the corner of his eye, she was smiling at him and he shot a small one back to her embarrassed. Being almost intoxicated was causing him to act out of sorts; usually he would never be this open. Drinking alot would be something that he would regret in the morning for sure. Especially with the large headache that would follow. [/COLOR]

It pleased Ceyla that Dalanius had answered her question. She could tell he was not completely comfortable talking about himself. [I]I think the alcohol's definitely gotten to him,[/I] she thought. [I]It would not be fair to ask him questions like this.[/I] Ceyla smiled at him, and he smiled quickly in return looking slightly embarassed. [I]Definitely intoxicated, but I'm still really glad he's speaking to me. Hope he keeps it up when he's sober.[/I] Beside them she heard Neko mutter about needing a beer.

"You know, Neko," she began, "I hate having a hangover. I'm not tipsy at all, and I will not drink any more tonight. If you really want a drink, I am sober enough to keep watch. If not, I think I'll head up to bed."

Neko accepted the offer and started drinking immediately. Ceyla once again thought it was more amusing to see the others get drunk.

"Really? Thank you so much!" Neko replied to Ceyla.
She then ordered two jugs of the strongest achohol they had and drank them both within a matter of seconds. She then tried talking to Vincent about how she felt, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get the words to come out right.

Vincent couldn't help but smiling as Neko tried to talk to him. He put a finger to her lips. "I know what you are tyring to say" He put his arm around her then turned back to KAcela. "You going to be alright"

Kaclea looked at him and made a small nod "Yeah"

"I already reserved some rooms, you can go to bed whenever you like" He walked with Neko back over to the table, his arm still around her waist, then caught Cellah staring at him. [I]uhoh I don't think at this will go over good[/I] "Cellah, come and join us" He sat down at the table as Cellah sat next to him. He downed another drink the heard Dalanis talk about people dying easily. "Well you must have been hanging out witht he wrong people. I know sure as well, it ain't gonna be none of us" He got another beer then stood up. "Well I am going to bed" He wrapped and arm around Neko's shoulder's then one around Cellah's and gave them both a hug. He nodded to Ceyla and Dalanis. He didn't of even think about doing anything that might make the bond between Ceyla and Dalanius go away. At least someone was having better luck then the rest of them. He wobbled and stumbled his way up the stairs and into the bathroom. "Time to get cleaned off" He walked over to a fancy thing they called a shower which used magic to make the water comeout of a top nozzle and stepped inside. He twisted one of the handles. "Cold, cold , cold!" He finally adjusted the temperature right then let the water fall down his body as he rubbed the scars on his arms and chest. "i hate having to pick. I can't stand to see even one of them get hurt"

Cellah smiled but she was she didnt expect to be invited she thoght of why and she sighed and started writing a note to Vincent explaining she heard the shower in his room she left the note on the table

[I]

Dear Vincent,

I am glad you invited me to the bar but I do not like you dont worry about hurting me I just was wanting to have male company but the others are more important than me so do not worry I have a harpy friend i am fond of I just cant find him so dont worry about me ^_^

Cellah [/I]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela watched as Vincent strolled away with Neko, her eyes guarded under her hood. [I]"I should have seen this coming,"[/I] she whispered to herself. [I]"Of course they would both have feelings for him as well."[/I] Sighing, she quietly slipped out from behind her table and made her way over to the stairs up to the rooms.

She opened the door to a small, unoccupied room and entered. There was no light in the room except for the moonlight streaming in through the window on the far wall. It cast the center of its light on the bed in the room. Kacela closed the door and swung her cloak off of her body. She hung it on the doorknob, leaving part of the cloak to drape on the floor. Sitting on the end of the bed, she kicked off her boots and laid down.

Slowly, Kacela moved to the other side of the bed and removed her vest, belt, and quiver, throwing them on the floor beside the bed. She laid there with her eyes closed for a long time. As much as she wanted to sleep, her mind wouldn't let her. It was filled with thoughts of Vincent. [I]'It's pointless to even think about having a relationship with him,'[/I] she told herself. [I]'First of all, what are the chances that he'd pick me over the other women here? Secondly, this may be the only time I ever work with him. And thirdly...'[/I] Her fingers travelled to the point on her ear. [I]'...he would never love me...if he knew what I was.'[/I] She rolled over on her side and curled up into the smallest ball she could. But nothing she did helped take her mind off of Vincent.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Vincent, Kacela, and Cellah had gone to bed, leaving Neko with Ceyla and Dalanius. The elf drank another entire jug by herself and quickly passed out. Ceyla thought that was not a smart thing to do, but Neko was an adult.

"I think I'll take her to her room," Ceyla said to Dalanius. She'll feel better sleeping in a bed than on a bar table."

"Can you carry her?" the paladin asked.

"I am a lot stronger than I look. And she doesn't weigh much at all." Ceyla easily lifted Neko and headed towards the stairs. Before ascending the steps she turned and smiled at him once again. "Make sure you take care of yourself and get some rest. Goodnight, Dalanius."

Ceyla sprinted up the stairs without waiting for an answer. After putting Neko in bed, Ceyla went to her own room, bathed, and lay down. [I]Tomorrow will bring something interesting, I'm sure, but hopefully not dangerous,[/I] she thought drowsily. [I]I wonder what he...[/I] Her thoughts trailed off as she gave in to the weariness of the day.

Vincent climbed out of the shower when suddenly a wave of pain struck him. His head felt like it was burning. Suddenly people's thoughts and voices entered his head making it spin. He could hear all sorts of thoughts. "What the hell?" He suddenly began narrowing them down as he began to control it, when he heard one distinct voice. [I]"I should have seen this coming," [/I] It was Kacela's voice. [I]'It's pointless to even think about having a relationship with him,'[/I] He felt a smile creep to his face. [I]'First of all, what are the chances that he'd pick me over the other women here? Secondly, this may be the only time I ever work with him. And thirdly...'[/I] He felt his breathe stopped as he waited [I]'...he would never love me...if he knew what I was.'[/I] He hurridly got on his clothes and walked down the hall and nodded to Dalanius as he walked into his room. "Goodnight" He waited till he closed his door then he knocked on Kacela's. "Hey you still awake in there, I need to talk to you" He heard the scruccy of feet and clothes then the door peeked open.

"Vincent, what are you doing?"

"May I come in?"

"Uhh, sure" She opened the door wide enough for him to come in then closed it behnd him. "What did you need?"

Vincent reached up to her cheeks then slowly moved his hands back. She kept shying away from his touch until she backed into a wall. He brushed back her hair and felt the points of her ears. "That's what I figured, at least part of your little secret was. There is no reason to hid it"He guided her back onto her bed and sat down. "This time you have no choice but to tell me what is the problem"

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Dalanius nodded to Vincent in the hall and entered his room. He walked over to his bed in darkness as he heard another door in the hallway close. He sat on the edge of his bed for 20 minutes staring at the floor. He couldn?t sleep, this was crazy.
He walked back to his door and out into the hall way, it seemed as though everyone was asleep. Dalanius walked back out into the bar, a few people were still there. Mostly drunk off their faces but still awake. He walked over to the bar and sat down, sighing he rubbed his face with his hands.

[B]?Felling troubled are we?? [/B] the bar tender walked over to Dalanius and sided him a drink.
[B]?Guess you could say that?[/B] Sighing again he drunk almost half the glass, the bartender looked at him in surprise, Dalanius was already pretty intoxicated as it was.
[B]?Take it easy there?women troubles??[/B]
[B]?Almost usually is??[/B] He trailed off at that point and drank the rest of his glass. [B]?Give me a bottle? [/B] The bar tender raised an eye brow at him but Dalanius was staring off into space.
[B]?Are you sure?that you?? [/B] Dalanius stood up and looked the man directly in the eyes.

[B]?Give me a bottle?now?[/B] Very reluctantly the bar tender handed Dalanius a full bottle, at that he walked out of the bar, all the drunks? eyes followed him as he walked back to his room. He opened his door and closed it behind him, he placed is belongings on a chair in the corner of the room.

He opened the window slightly, letting silver moon light illuminate room and a soft breeze made the curtains move. Dalanius walked over to the bed and lay on his back, staring up at the ceiling bottle still in hand; opening the bottle with his teeth he took a large drink. Voices stirred in his head.

[I]Mommy! Daddy!
Come here darling! How was your day? Elsa was in the garden.
Daddy look! I planted flowers!
shh...someone?s coming
Get your hands off me, Help me Dalanius! Help me! No... NO!, a vilent scream rang out in his head,
I?m so sorry, nothing could be done?[/I]

The empty bottle fell from his grasp and shattered on the floor, Dalanius shot up in bed drenched in sweat. The breeze from the window sent shivers down his spine as the curtains flapped violently in the wind.

Hair and shadow masking his face, Dalanius lay back down on his side, he stared off into space. Eventually he would fall asleep?eventually.

[B]?Damn you to hell? [/B] he whispered. [/COLOR] [/SIZE]