OtakuBoards

Enclave [M-LVS]

Deadpool

Vincent let the head of the last bandit roll to the ground, then saw Kacela out of the corner of his eye hiding her arm. He walked over acting like he was going past her and saw the gash in her forearm. "Seems like on got you"

"I'm fine"

He caught her by the wrist and easily made her sit on a rock as he got a fire going. He kneeled down beside her and tore off a strip of cloth from his bag. He gently but firmly wrapped it around then tied it. "That should keep the bleeding down until we reach the next town." He smiled as he wrapped his hand that he had slice open catching the arrow. It had been a pure reflex and he never even saw it. Weird things were beginning to happen to him. He saw the othr paladin lay Cellah down on her bed mat. He walked over and propped up her head. "Time to wake up" He gently shook her making her stir.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cellah woke up
"what happened" she said opening her eyes seeing vincent over her she smiled
"You passed out" Vincent said
"oh Im sorry I do that when I get over excited " she said blushing as she looked at vincent
"you saved me before' she said looking at him she smiled
"thank you" she said smiliing

Ceyla dragged the bandit she had captured near the river and doused him with water to wake him up. Holding her delicate blade to his throat she hissed, "Answer my questions and I'll be kind." The thief nodded. "Did anyone send you?" He shook his head no. "So you're just a regular vagabond?"

"Y-yes," he replied shakily.

"Do you know of a place called Ravenbrook Castle?"

"It's two t-towns east of here. But it's d-dangerous. A horrible man lives there with orcs."

Ceyla smirked. The bandit answered her questions and she felt unusually generous. With a final check to see if he was securely bound, she pushed him into the swiftly flowing river, which gave him a very slight chance to live as opposed to killing him on the spot.

She returned to where the others were. Ceyla noticed that Kacela had a fairly bad arm wound and Vincent had a cut on his hand, but at least Cellah had woken up. Neither Neko nor Dalanius seemed hurt.

Vincent looked up at her slightly curious. "Where were you?" he asked.

"Ravenbrook isn't too far from here." Ceyla smiled slightly and told them what the bandit said.

Vincent slowly brought Cellah up and brushed the hair out of her face. "No problem" He stood up and walked over to Neko and sat down next to her as the fire crackled and the others joined the group. "I don't think we should head there immediatly. Dalanius, what is the nearest city?"

"Trasen. About an hour ride from here"

"Then I think that is where we should go for now." Lighting crackled outside as rain began to pour. "We shall wait till the rain goes. Lucklly this cave is on an incline so the water shouldn't get in here. We shall rotate watches, an hour a peice later on tonight." He pulled out a bag that was pon his horse and opened it. He laid out the food thatthe king had sent with them. "Let's eat this before it goes bad." He set the meat over th e fire and went about preparing the food. "Hopefully I am not doing this all the time." Fifteen mintues later the group finished up their meal and began laying out their beds. Vincent walked over to the cave opening and sat down on a log nearby. "I will take first watch" He watched Neko for a little bit then turned around and watched the rain. He leaned back against the rock wall and pulled out his pipe and lit it. Hopefully the strom would drive any enemies away and not let up till morning. It looked like it might keep raining even when they had to ride. He figured they would stay at the town for the next day then head out for Ravenbrook after that. Right now he needed to get Dalanius into the group so he would talk more.

He began to grow hot from the fire so he took off his armor then stood up and walked over the where the rain was coming over the cave entrance and stuck his head in the waterfall. He flung his hair around and sat back down with his pipe. After his hour and some more time had passed he gently stirred Cellah. "Hey time to watch" He would have woken Kacela, but he was going to let her sleep due to her injury. He had taken her hour for the night. "Be sure to tell the oterhs not to wake her up." He wlaked out into the rain.

Cellah stared at him closely. "Where are you going?"

He smiled as he face her. "To wash up. Gotta stay clean" He took off his shirt as he headed around the corner of the cave to where there was a small pool of water with a small waterfall. He undressed then took out a bar of soap and stepped int he water. "That feels better"

Neko couldn't sleep. She was partly waiting for her turn to keep watch and partly because she could feel some sort of great evil nearby. She laid on her back, studing the stars. They were masked by dark grey to black clouds.
"Even more battle waits for us," she whispered to herself.

Vincent washed himself throughly before stepping out. "Dang't I forgot to bring myself my clothes." He wrapped his towel around himself and gathered his things as he rounded the corner back into the cave. By this time Neko was standing guard. "Uhh, hi"

She gave him a weird look as she looked him up and down in his towel. "What are you doing?"

"i forgot my clothes so i had to come back and get them. Don't tell me you have never seena guy in a towel before" He wlaked over to his bag and began to get his cllothes out.

OOC:Feel free to post so we can get this thing going. If I see an obvious lack of posting their character will be killed off

He finished dressing and walked voer by her. "you can look now" He sat down ont eh log next to her. "You have to make everything a big deal don't you"

Neko frowned and pushed him. "Shut up Vincent"

"I was just joking" He relit his pipe as he stared up at the rain clouds as they poured water all over the ground. After several mintues of silence. He looked back at her as he stood up and walked over to his horse. "I never said you had to close your eyes, you know"

Talking woke Ceyla from her sleep. She went to the source of the voices. Neko was on guard speaking to Vincent. Ceyla noticed Neko blushing profusely.

"Neko, don't worry about him; I can keep watch for awhile," Ceyla offered.

"Thanks," the elf replied. Neko went away from the paladin, a pink tint coloring her cheeks.

"Did you come on to her?" Ceyla accused.

"Why?" Vincent laughed. "Are you jealous?"

Ceyla merely rolled her eyes. [I]At least he's amusing,[/I] she thought.

Cellah woke up and went outside seeing Ceyla, Cellah smiled sitting next to her "may I sit here" she asked begining to meditate her ears twitching hearing for foes or bad weather she smiled brushing her hair back hearing the local Vila or forest nymph giggleing as it was curious she smiled

Cellah smiled as she meditated, taking in deep breaths. Ceyla smiled at the shy Huntress. "Would it bother you if I asked you questions, Cellah?"

"No, I'll be fine," Cellah said.

"I just wondered what made you come on this journey. You don't care for battle, do you?"

"Well, no, but I want to be a better archer. I wanted to experience a little adventure. My mother and Lady Joyun thought it would be a good idea, so here I am. And if I don't meditate, I can get too excited and faint."

Ceyla decided,"I'll help you in battle. Don't worry about being nervous too much, I'm sure you'll fight very well when we get to Ravenbrook." Turning to Vincent she asked,"Why are you here?"

Vincent responded, "Pretty obvious reason. I am a soldier for the king and I am one of the best fighters around."

Ceyla smirked at her current comrade. Fighting was one of her favorite past times. "I had to hurt a few royal guards at the castle entrance, and they weren't any trouble. If you're ever interested, I'd be happy to spar with you. I love challenges."

Vincent smiled. "Sure, no problem, but not while they are sleeping" He walked over and sat in between Cellah and Ceyla and leaned back against the wall and fell into a light sleep.

Hours later the sun came up and Dalanuis went about waking everyone.

Kacela had a agitated look on her face. "Why didn't you wake me?"

"You were hurt and you needed to rest." Vincent smiled at her. Cellah will ride with you. You can teach her to ride"

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela realized that Vincent had a point; she wouldn't be much use fighting off anything as she was, and the sleep had made her feel quite a lot better.

The sun shone through patches of the still grey sky. A light sheet of cold rain was still coming down, just enough rain to chill everyone to the bone. Kacela took a thick cloak out of a small travelling bag she had brought with her. She put it on and put the hood up over her head. Already, she was considerably warmer.

She went out and found her chestnut mare tied up to a tree. Kacela apologized to the mare for leaving her in the cold rain, but the leaves of the tree had protected her pretty well from the rain. She mounted the horse and, remembering what Vincent had said, brought the horse back to the cave to find Cellah. Kacela was not one who liked to stand around when she could be doing something.

[I]"Hey, Cellah,"[/I] Kacela said, breaking Cellah out of a morning meditiation. [I]"Let's get going."[/I]

Cellah replied, [I]"Alright,"[/I] and made her way out of the cave to Kacela. [I]"We haven't been properly introduced,"[/I] Cellah said. She reachd her hand up to Kacela, shook it, and said, [I]"I'm Cellah Morko."[/I] Kacela returned the shake and replied, [I]"My name's Kacela. Now let's get this lesson started."[/I]

[I]"What?"[/I] Cellah said, puzzled.

[I]"I'm going to teach you how to ride a horse."[/I] After a few times of slipping off the saddle and almost falling in the mud, Cellah got on the chestnut mare. Kacela had sat farther back in the saddle to allow her passenger a bit more room to work.

Reaching around her, Kacela began teaching. [I]"You'll want to keep a firm grip on the reins, about here and here,"[/I] she said, placing Cellah's hands in the correct spots. [I]"To get going, just nudge her in the sides with your heels. She'll start forward. Now, don't be too rough with this one, she needs very little instruction to know what you want."[/I] And so the morning went, teaching Cellah the basics of horseriding until the others were ready to start their journey again.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Cellah followed her instruction
"Beladad Coestu Nobranae" she whispered softly patting the horses neck the horse the horse trotted he had trouble getting her balance
"wah woah" she said trying to keep her balance on the horse
"this is hard" she said her voice rattleing because of the bumpy ride

Vincent got a kick from watching Kacela teach Cellah. It was too good and the faces they both made whenever they were frusterated made them both look cute. "I need to concentrate on the misson, can't let my lonely life get the better of me" He turned his horse as the others followed. He led them over the hills and forests till city gates came into view. The only problem was that there was smoke rising off to one side. "Let's go" The group broke out into a gallo[ as they entered the town and made it to the other side to find orcs running about terrorizing people. He drew his sword. "Kacela, Cellah. You two get to a safe spot and pick them off with your bow." He charged forward catching an orc right in the shoulder with his sword and sent black blood all over the ground.

The others sensing that someone was standing up to them turned and faced the group then bean to charge.

"Kill them all" In one swift motion he took off on of their heads."

The orcs began to move away from the townspeople and focus more on the small group of warriors. She rushed from monster to monster, killing them quickly with a stab through the heart. Vincent and Neko had joined together, and well-aimed arrows from Cellah and Kacela felled even more of the orcs.

Ceyla, however, was at a disadvantage in this fight. Her blade measured just about eight inches, which meant she had to get close for a kill. As she slit the throat of one orc, another cut her across her back. She whirled on her enemy and stabbed into his chest. She made her way towards Vincent and Neko. Luckily, Ceyla had only recieved superficial wounds so far. [I]I'll fight until I fall,[/I] she thought.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]OOC:Hey people, sorry I haven?t been posting I informed Sazabi that I have exams, I wont be posting often until next week, thanks for mentioning Dalanius here and there appreciate it![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Ic: Dalanius charged head long into the orcs cutting away at them. He hadn?t uttered many words to anyone; they had already formed bonds with one another. That fact shouldn?t have bothered him, but it was. He gave a primal yell as he thrust his sword into orc flesh. Everyone was fighting more or less in a group where Dalanius was cut off from everyone by orcs. He watched as Ceyla made her way over to Vincent and Neko.

As Dalanius fought orcs he found himself feeling increasingly angry, that was never good, a warrior gets angry and anger clouds judgment. The orc numbers were thinning despite the fact that Dalanius found him self alone. Everyone else was quite some distance away.

[B]?Well this is just fantastic? [/B] Sarcasm was evident in his voice, 5 orcs were closing in on Dalanius and he was backed into a corner.

The orcs snarled at him, bearing there ugly twisted teeth and hissing, their breath was foul. He took a few steps backwards as his back hit a wall of a house. [I]No way out [/I] he thought. Although unaware of it untill that moment, Dalanius was wounded, nothing deathly serious but the sight of blood trickling down his armor was enough to boost the orcs sprits and somewhat douse his.

The orcs continued advancing on him; it was not in his nature to ask for anything, especially not help in battle but this time exceptions would have to be made.
Dalanius yelled as loud as he could, hoping someone would hear him above the din of battle.

[B]?Help! A little would be somewhat appreciated!?[/B] the orcs growled as one brought his sword down on Dalanius, Dalanius' sword clashed with the orcs as all 5 of them decided to join the party. [/COLOR]

Ceyla heard Dalanius's call and immediately changed direction. He was surrounded, and she would not let him be outnumbered. She broke away from the main group and sprinted to where the paladin faced the orcs alone.

Ceyla found him encircled by the monsters. She thrust her blade through an orc's stomach and moved in next to Dalanius.

"Finally some help!" he yelled over the vociferous cries of the orcs.

"Ask and I'll deliver," Ceyla replied. "The fight's a little more even now!"

She stood back to back with Dalanius. They alternated attacking orcs and guarding each other. Although both were solitary warriors, they found that battle was easier with support.

Vincent wiped his sword as the orcs were finished off. " We shall stay here the rest of the day, so feel free to explore the city. Be sure to find out any information you can about Ravenbrook and the man who lives in it. We might get a better idea of what we are facing" He took off down teh street until he came to a tavern. He walked in and sat down think about Neko, Ceyla, Cellah, and Kacela. He was having a hard time focusing with them around, but he couldn't help it. He grabbed a drink and took a long draft of it. "Well at least it means I am not gay so that is a good thing"

Ceyla wandered around the city, relieved that no one was seriously wounded fighting the orcs. She might have a few scars from her cuts, but they were nothing out of the ordinary. Her deviations led her to a group of children playing together. She smiled and spoke to them for a few minutes. Not only did she find that they were easier to get along with than many of the adults she knew, they also provided some useful information. It seemed that this was not the first time orcs had raided the village. A man living in an ominous castle supposedly controlled the orcs. Ceyla thanked them and went back to exploring the city.

The next thing to interest her was a large gathering in the street. People volunteered to fight and made bets on the out comes. Although the king had supplied funds for them, Ceyla decided to join them. [I]No point in turning away from fun or easy money,[/I] she thought.

At first the man in charge of the betting hesitated to let her join, but after she literally twisted his arm, he decided she could join. The first man she faced was unsure about fighting a woman. When Ceyla quickly knocked him out with a blow to the stomach, the other participants saw her as a worthy opponent. Within minutes everyone in the crowd started betting on her. One or two men brazenly tried to hit on her. Her only response was: "I'm only interested if you beat me in a fight." After playing with different challengers for an hour and earning a heavy sack of coins, Ceyla moved on. [I]I'll find one of the others,[/I] she decided.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela wandered around for a bit, not really accustomed to large cities. The only city she'd ever known was the capital. She had been told to look for information, so she went to the place where gossip ran wild-the market. Hiding her ears with her hair, she entered the marketplace.

It was possible to find anything in the marketplace, this she knew. Anyone could be there. The kind of information she was looking for wouldn't exactly be found in a casual ladies' talk, so Kacela had to find a different place.

She found a place with a dark fabric as a door. A strong smell of incense was wafting out into the air. There was no doubt what this person claimed to be. A Seer. Though she didn't believe in them, Kacela thought that this seemed as good a place as any to find the kind of information she sought. She pushed the fabric out and entered.

[I]"Don't be ill with me, elf child,"[/I] croaked an old woman before Kacela even let the fabric drop behind her. [I]"Surely you didn't come in here because you doubted my abilities?"[/I]

Kacela glared at the woman. [I]"Don't be so full of yourself, you old hag. I didn't come in here to be ripped off by you and your 'abilities'. I just need some information. Do you know of a place called Ravenbrook?"[/I]

The woman, who had been placing incense throughout her shop finally looked up, slowly moved to a table in the middle of the shop and sat down. [I]"What is it you would like to know, elf child?"[/I]

[I]"Stop calling me that,"[/I] Kacela said angrily. [I]"And if you're a Seer, shouldn't you know what I want to ask?"[/I]

[I]"How can I know when you yourself don't know what you want?"[/I]

Kacela wanted to lash out at the woman with her sword. She took a deep breath to calm herself down and found her head swimming in the thick fumes of incense. [I]"What do you know of it?"[/I]

The woman paused for a moment. [I]"I know that it is a perilous place that holds danger for you and your friends. You may find what it is you seek, but will not be ready for the outcome."[/I]

[I]"Spare me the cryptic messages, witch."[/I]

[I]"You should learn to control yourself, elf child. Your harsh temper may get those you love in trouble."[/I]

[I]"I have no friends."[/I]

[I]"You may try not to trust them, but one such as you cannot keep from those that are like to you. And they trust you as well. More than you know. Would you lose them just to keep your pride?"[/I]

Kacela could hardly contain her anger. She stood on the spot, shaking with rage. [I]"You stay quiet, you old wench. I'll not listen to your treacherous words any longer."[/I] She then stormed out of the heavy-aired shop and ran through the town, not even caring to watch as everything passed her by.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Cellah saw Kacela run by she could smell thick incents on her clothes she followed the smell back to the Seer's shop as she sat down the table
"another ill spirited girl" the Seer said
"no ma'mn" Cellah said
"I see your a sweet little elf-human" she said
"your with the rest are you not" the seer said
"yes'm" Cellah said
"I see your destiny is one full of perrils but stay strong" she said Cellah listened her head was spinning happily in a daze from the fumes she waved her hand and cellah woke near where Kacela was she saw that she was very angry she saw in her hands bundels of inscents she walked over to her liting one two of them placing them on opposites sides of each other the wind was perfect for where she placed them as the fumes circled them both
"you should meditate with me it'll help ya"