OtakuBoards

Enclave [M-LVS]

Deadpool

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]As Vincent touched her, she felt strange. He asked for her to tell him what she really felt in her heart. She'd never just plainly revealed herself to anyone. It was as though he were asking her to bear her soul to him.

[I]"I...i-it's...it's nothing, Vincent,"[/I] Kacela said, searching for the right words.

[I]"It's not nothing, Kacela. Please, tell me what's wrong."[/I]

Kacela's head debated with her heart. She wanted to tell him everything, but she didn't want to seem foolish to him.

[I]"I...I've never felt...the way I have now..."[/I] she stared at the floor, waiting for his laughter. [I]"I never felt accepted the way you make me feel, and...human people like you can't love a...a half-elf like me. I didn't want to tell you because...well...you might not accept me the same way."[/I]

Her gaze never lifted up from the floor, but she hoped that the darkness of the room hid her scarlet red face.[/FONT][/SIZE]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinent smiled when Kacela told him that she was half elf and half human.

"What are you smiling at" She obvisouly seemd frustrated.

"I knew all along that you were half and half. It isn't hard to tell and it is not something to be ashamed of. Many people what to have half of the other race in them. Some get the best of both worlds" He brushed the hair out of her face. "And to think I wouldn't accept you is a nonsense thing. I wouldn't care what you were, you were traveling with me, so you are my friend." He stood up and tilted her face up to him. "Know you get some sleep and don't worry about any of this stuff alright. Everyone has to know by now that you are haolf and half and they accept you just the way you are. Now et some sleep" He kissed her on the top of her forehead then slowly turned around and opened the door to head out.

OOC: Whoeveer posts next can either talk about what they thought about that night or take it straight to the morning when they head out.

Ceyla woke about an hour before dawn. Being social had its perks, but sometimes she felt the need for some solitude. She dressed quickly and went to the window. No one seemed to be moving in the streets below. For a second story, the window was not too far from the ground. Impulsively she balanced on the ledge and jumped down, landing noiselessly. Agility was one of the key traits for an assassin, and she needed to practice whenever possible. [I]Or I'm probably just really weird,[/I] she mused.

Although she wanted to train, she did not want to stray far from her sleeping comrades. Ceyla decided that as long as no one was around, she might as well train in the street. She practiced fighting shadows, weaving in and out of imaginary enemies. She smiled in the darkness thinking how ridiculous she would look if anyone passed her.

[I]Oh well, I need to train. And I can't leave everyone else in case there's some sort of attack. Some of our team will probably have a hangover.[/I] She made a mental list of who drank the most. [I]Neko drank three whole jugs, but she's an elf. I don't know exactly how much Kacela had. And she and Neko both like Vincent. Vincent had a head start on drinking, and he doesn't want to hurt either girl. That might be complicated, but they'll settle things eventually. Cellah seemed to keep her head and not drink too much, so she's probably fine. She's a sweet girl. And Dalanius...[/I] For some reason, a slight tinge came over Ceyla's cheeks, although it was not visible in the darkness. [I]Dalanius had too much to drink, I'm sure. I still wonder if he'll talk when he's sober.[/I]

Ceyla returned to the tavern, noting a few people who had passed out at the bar. Thankfully, none of her teammates were among them, which meant they had all gone to bed at some point. By now the sun was up. She went to her room, packed her belongings, and waited downstairs. She sat playing with her stiletto, tossing and catching it, waiting for someone else to get up.

Cellah sighed she entered the tavern but went striaght upstairs not getting a drink she went to the porch on the second floor sitting at a table she sighed taking out a picture of a harpy with dark blue hair and gold-green wings and talons and tan skin she held a light orb she started crying she nuzzled the pictures dearly
"Hashino" she siad crying

Neko woke up later than usual the next morning with a big headache.
"Ow...." She said as she rolled over. "What happened?"
She slowly got up and blinked slowly. She walked over to her bag and grabbed some herbs to help with her headache.
"That's better," She said to herself after she swallowed them.
She got dressed and walked outside to find everyone waiting for her.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela wasn't able to sleep very much that night. When the sky began to lighten, she finally gave up on sleep and got herself ready for the day ahead. As she slipped on her vest,her eyes wandered to the scabbed up cut on her arm. Her hand then traced the mark left on her cheek from the first fight this group had encountered. As those memories came back, so did the memory of Vincent wrapping her arm up to keep it from bleeding too much.

Then the memories from last night came back as well. His arms around her, his lips on her forehead, his gentle voice. Kacela jolted herself back to the present, her cheeks a deep scarlet. [I]"Get a hold of yourself,"[/I] she whispered, though she still smiled at the thoughts.

Once she was geared up and ready to go, she left her room and went downstairs to the tavern. Ceyla had already beat her there. [I]"Good morning,"[/I] Kacela said as she took a seat next to Ceyla. She replied, [I]"Hey,"[/I] and went back to tossing her stiletto. The silence that followed made Kacela feel a bit awkward, so she stood up and moved to a window and stared out at the still lightening sky.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Cellah was still on the tavern baacony she had cried herself to sleep as she heard people below she got up and tear streaks on her face
"good morning: she sniffled she smiled weakly
'is something wrong" Kacela said
"no Im fine" she sniffled as the picture of her beloved harpy fell from her hands
"whats that" Kacela asked she didnt answer just meeped as she went to get on a horce

Vincent got up in the morning and walked down stairs to find everyone but Dalanius awake. He walked over and smiled as he past Kacela. He readied his horse as he then mounted. "As soon as Dalanuis awakes we will head out for Ravenbrook. I will go ahead and scout the area. Kacela you are with me. Neko make sure the rest of the horses and our supplies are ready. Cellah and Ceyla, help Neko and round up any help you can in the town. i am pretty sure there are a few good fighters that want the raids to stop. We will need all the help we can get." He turned around to leave then looked back over his shoulder to Ceyla. "Ohh and b aure to go wake Dalanius alright?" He gave her a small wink as he waited for Kacela to mount then he rode throught eh street into teh forest, checking for ambushes and traps. "So Kacela, which one of your parents was what?"

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]They hadn't even rode five minutes before Vincent asked, [I]"So, Kacela, which one of your parents was what?"[/I] She stared at him for a moment, taken aback that he would go for it so quickly, then thought, [I]'Well, he's not exactly the kind of person to just dance around the subject.'[/I]

[I]"My mother was human and my...father was an elf."[/I]

Vincent noticed her pause and replied, [I]"What's wrong? Relationship problems?"[/I]

[I]"Well, not really,"[/I] she said. [I]"I never really knew him. I think it's better that way though."[/I] She knew what he was going to ask, but she wanted to wait for it.

[I]"Why?"[/I]

Taking a deep breath, Kacela said, [I]"He raped my mother and got her with child. I never knew him as a person, but I'm not sure I would like to. It would be quite unlucky for him if I did."[/I] Her hand went to her sword.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Neko and Cellah headed towards the stables. Ceyla lingered a moment and walked briskly after them. It would not be fair for the two girls to do all the work, and Dalanius probably wouldn't mind the extra sleep. Vincent and Kacela had taken two of the horses, leaving three, since Cellah did not have a horse of her own. Ceyla brushed and saddled her roan, Neko cared for her white horse, and Cellah readied Dalanius's black horse. "Kacela taught you to ride, right Cellah?" Cellah nodded. Ceyla noticed she looked slightly downcast, but decided not to pry. "We should find you a horse of your own to ride when we go looking for extra help. If you feel comfortable, that is." Turning to Neko she continued,"Would you mind finishing up? I think Dalanius is still asleep."

"Sure thing," Neko answered.

Ceyla nodded to the elf and went back to the inn. The barman told her Dalanius was still in his room. Ceyla thanked him and found the right lodging upstairs. She knocked once, waited, and knocked again. When she still recieved no answer, she tried to open the door and found it locked. Not too surprising. She took a small metal pick from a pouch around her waist and unlocked it with ease. "I'm coming in now, Dalanius."

As she entered she noticed glass scattered across the floor and detcted the lingering scent of alcohol. At her intrusion Dalanius had stirred, sitting up unsteadily in his bed. Ceyla sighed and stepped aross the shattered glass shards. [I]No point in admonishing him. Besides, he probably has one hell of a headache.[/I] Sitting down on the edge of his bed she spoke softly,"I was asked to wake you up. If you want to talk about something I'll listen, or if you want me to leave you alone I will. Whatever you want is fine. But I will at least find you something for the hangover I'm sure you have."

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]ooc: forgive me if i got any details wrong at the end of my post, the names confuse me[/SIZE]

[/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1]ic: Dalanius woke up gingerly, looking down at the bottom of his bed he saw Ceyla. His head was pounding, normally if someone came busting into his room he would have a knife to their throat by now.

[B]"I was asked to wake you up. If you want to talk about something I'll listen, or if you want me to leave you alone I will. Whatever you want is fine. But I will at least find you something for the hangover I'm sure you have."[/B]

[B]?What??[/B] He rubbed his head as she spoke, this was not good, he would get scolded for sure.

[B]?I will find you something for your hang over?[/B] He nodded and she left returning with a cup of a foul smelling substance.

[B]?Drink it?[/B] He looked at the cup then her very unsure as to what was actually in it. Without thinking he skulled the content of the cup, he looked up with cringe on his face.[B]?Your only supposed to sip it Dalanius, no one I know of ever actually skulled the content whole before? [/B] He spluttered a laugh and nodded, nothing had taken effect yet.

[B]?So about what I said before?? [/B] He looked to the ground to see a smashed bottle, Dalanius interrupted her mid sentence.

[B]?Did I do anything stupid last night??[/B] Ceyla shook her head in thought.

[B]?No, well nothing besides drink that whole bottle?[/B] He nodded visibly relieved.

[B]?Ill tell you later? [/B] Dalanius grabbed her hand to steady himself as she helped him navigate the glass.

[B]?Tell me what??[/B] He smiled at her briefly and she shot him one back.

[B]?Something? come on I?m holding everyone back, lets get going? [/B]

Ceyla look Dalanius back down to the stables after helping him pack up, the concoction she gave him was helping and he almost felt entirely better. Save for the nagging headache. He greeted Neko and Cellah and apologized for his? carelessness. They both shrugged at him and accepted the apology. He also thanked Cellah for getting his horse ready for him. He got up on his horse with no problems and whispered in its ear. If none of the girls had scolded him then Vincent surely would. Dalanius rode out of the stables followed by Ceyla, Neko and Cellah on the same horse. Dalanius? horse was wrestles; he could tell it wanted some action just as he did.

[B]?We?ve got some catching up to do ladies, Hyah!?[/B] At his cry the dark gray horse bolted out into the street. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

OoC: You have the right names Illusion, but it is confusing to have three girls' names with C, E, L, and A. And I asked about what we should do in the Underground thread.

Ceyla sighed as they four warriors slowed their horses. Vincent and Kacela were still out checking for traps. "Anybody know where we should look first? Vincent told us to find fighters," Ceyla sighed, "but I don't know where to start. None of the men I fought were a challenge, but they might be willing to join."

"You were in a fight?" Neko asked. "When?"

"I just had some fun with the locals," Ceyla smirked devilishly. "I hate sitting still for too long, so I played with a few brave boys. We might as well ask them."

Vincent noticed her hand go to her sowrd. He knew something was amiss and the round felt like it was shaking a little bit. He veered his horse off to the side of the trail and pulled back the bushes. Coming his way were lots and lots of orcs. He figured at least several thousand marching straight for them. "Oh shit" He turned his horse around and galloped full speed back to teh city. "Come, we have to get the others."

"What was it Vincent?"

"Orcs, thousands of them. They are heading for the city" He could only pray they would be ready to go. He saw the city gate ahead of him. "Close the gate, Close the gate. Orcs are approaching"

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela's horse thundered away from the army of approching orcs, right next to Vincent and his powerful steed. [I]"How could they have advanced so close unnoticed?"[/I] she called to Vincent.

[I]"I don't know,"[/I] he replied, [I]"but we've got to warn the people! The gate has to be closed before they can get in!"[/I]

Looking at the gate, then back to the orcs, she thought, [I]'There's no way they'll close that gate in time...'[/I] Kacela pulled her bow off of her back, placed an arrow quickly in place and fired up at the gate patrol. Her arrow hit right next to a patrol man's head, getting him to look out at the orcs. [I]"Close the gate!"[/I] Kacela and Vincent called together.

The patrol guards started closing the gate. When Vincent and Kacela were a few feet away from the closing gate, Kacela jumped off her horse and landed nimbly on the ground. Vincent stopped and looked back as Kacela's horse ran inside. [I]"What the hell do you think you're doing!?"[/I]

[I]"Get inside and get the others out here! I'll buy you some time."[/I] Vincent hesitated. [I]"Go, damn you!"[/I] Kacela cried with ferocity. [I]"And hurry! I won't be able to hold them off forever!"[/I]

Vincent nodded gravely and continued inside as the gate shut with a loud thud. Kacela pulled out three arrows, one between each of her fingers, and fired them. Each found their mark; in the body of an orc. [I]'Hurry, Vincent,'[/I] she thought as the army advanced.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Vincent reared his horse in as he thought to himself. "She's going to hate me" He turned back and thundered through the closing gate and stared down at Kacela.

"what the hell are you doing, Vincent get back inside"

"And leave you? Try hell no" He grabbed her as she thrashed and rode with her in his arm back through the gate. "I don't care what you say, I am not leaving you" He saw Neko talking with a gruoup of people. "Neko, get ready to go, We are leaving. Help me find the otehrs and get them out the back gate" He heard the front gate shut and the yelling of men and orcs.

OoC: This should help cover the NPC's. Write them however you want.

IC: Ceyla had found three of the men she fought the day before. These were the best opponents she had faced in this town. The first, Reid, was a lithe and energetic red-head; the second, Owen, had a thick, muscular frame; and Evan, the third, had good speed and a steady hand when using a knife. [I]These men will work for the time being,[/I] Ceyla thought, [I]and the others might have found useful recruits, as well.[/I]

Everyone had split up to search for volunteers. Before Ceyla could look for them, Neko rode up to her.

"Orcs are heading for us," the elven assassin quickly exclaimed. "Vincent says we need to meet at the back gate."

After relaying the message, Neko rode off again, most likely to look for Dalanius and Cellah. Ceyla turned to three men and authoritatively commanded, "You heard her. If you're serious about helping, go to the back gate. We only need the useful, so don't bother going if you'll weigh us down. I can easily dispose of you if you are useless."

"Yes, Miss Ceyla," they replied simultaneously, slightly intimidated by the intense woman. When she turned in the opposite direction from them Reid asked,"Aren't you going with us?"

"I want to make sure my other comrades have been notified, then I'll join you." With that said, she turned, mounted her horse, and bolted through the streets.

Cellah nodded she leapted into a large tree
"i'll stay here and shoot out orcs who come in" she said cocking 3 arrows and one arrow on her crossbow and prepared her Iron fist "no orc will get past this point mark my words' she said smiling as her picture had fallen out of her pocket blowing in vincents path

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Alas Dalanius didn?t have any time to look for men to help either before Ceyla came riding up to him in a big hurry.

[B]?We have Orcs, thousands hurry we need to get back to the others?[/B] He nodded and rode back with her. They stopped by a group of three men.

[B]?Dalanius this is our help? [/B] He nodded and examined the men she had found, they were obviously good fighters, he nodded to her again in approval.

[B]?Lets go? [/B]

The group of fighters assembled back at the gate, this was where they would make their stand. [I]Thousands and thousands of orcs against only a few, worse situations have befell me before, my kind of odds[/I] he thought as he smiled to himself. At least he would be fighting along side Ceyla; as much as he didn?t want to he had kind of fallen for the assassin.

The ground trembled and the hoards of orcs drew closer and closer. Dalanius looked to the sky and drew his sword.

[B]?This is going to be interesting??[/B][/COLOR]

Vincent sliced the back gate open as the others stared at him. "what, we are not fighting them. You all know that even us are not able to beat that. Now lets go. Take the west road all the way till it hooks around. It is a back route to Ravenbrook and we will not be expected" He noticed no one was moving. Something colorful falshed before his face as he snatched it. It was Cellah's picture. He suffed it in his cloak. "i will give this back to her" He looked up and saw Cellah. "Cellah drop, we are leaving. Our fight is not here, this is there's" He posistioned a horse right under neath her. "Now people let's go" He made sure they were all out before he himself exited. They rode down the west road in silence until Vincent took a sharp left on a dirt road.

"Vincent where are you going?"

Vincent stopped right before an old dirt trail going into a black misty forest of dead trees. "This leads to Revenbrook. We must advace by foot from now on. Keep your wits about, this forest is all evil, including the trees" He dismounted and began walking through the woods, not waiting to see if the others were going to follow.

Ceyla smiled grimly as as she looked into the forbidding forest. Vincent rode a few paces ahead; he was not waiting for cowards. Ceyla glared at the three new group members, and the men slowly rode in. [I]I believe I'm a little scarier than these trees,[/I] Ceyla thought with some amusement.

They followed the old path into the increasingly dark forest. Darkness was Ceyla's element; she thought more clearly, felt safer being hidden in it. This forest, however, held none of the comfort she had come to associate with shadows. Vincent's description hit the mark. The trees themselves seemed evil.

Ceyla moved her horse closer to Dalanius. She had quickly become attached to the paladin, and not just as a comrade. Relationships had never been her forte, not since the incident with her parents four years back, and she was unsure of what to do. [I]This is...definitely more difficult than what I'm used to. Who's to say he even feels the same?[/I]

"Not the cheeriest of places, is it?" she said, just to break the eerie silence that had settled over the ominous wood. "I rather be in open battleground to this; at least then I would be able to see my enemies. I prefer the shadows to open spaces, but this place is completely sinister."

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Anger had been welling inside Dalanius ever since they left the town about to be besieged by the orcs. [I]Unacceptable![/I] His mind screamed, [I]we left those people to die! but its not our mission... [/I]

[B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]"Not the cheeriest of places, is it?" [/COLOR][/B] Ceyla interrupted his train of thought. [B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]"I rather be in open battleground to this; at least then I would be able to see my enemies. I prefer the shadows to open spaces, but this place is completely sinister." [/COLOR][/B] Dalanius wasn?t much listening to her but she did make him finally look up and around at the wood, it did indeed feel evil.

[B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]?I would much rather be back there fighting orcs??[/COLOR] [/B] The irritated tone was evident in his voice and he was sure she could hear it. Thankfully Ceyla didn?t question him as to why it was present, she just let him be. [I]She knows me to well already[/I] he thought.

Dalanius had felt evil such as this wood before, but in a different place. It was a great lake; the lake felt the same as this wood, at great many evils had taken place there. Many men said it was cursed, and they were right. Good can never prevail in places such as these, Dalanius fought a great battle at that lake, many men died or went missing and others went mad.

[B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]?I propose we keep moving and get out of here as soon as we can?? [/COLOR][/B] He looked towards Ceyla and she nodded, he moved his horse closer to hers as they walked and despite his mood and his apparent unfounded anger he shot her a quick smile.

He patted his horses flank and whispered in its ear to try and calm it; it was obviously spooked by the woods?.or by something else. [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Vincent over heard Dalanius converstaion with Ceyla, causing anger to grow inside him. "Well what if we didn't suceed in helping them, they would just get wave after wave of orc. While if he took out the head of the snake their would be no more attacks on them." Suddenly a huge black shape landed on him. He landed on his back as the creature barred its fangs and a foul stench came form the mouth. He grabbed the top and bottum jaws to keep it from biting him. He could see more comig out of the forest and nearing the others. "Don't worry about me, take out the others. I got this ball of fur" He could see the yellow of its eyes as it repeatedly tried to bite him. He brought his feet under it and kiced it up in the air. hE brought out his sword and impaled it right through the chest as it came back down making blood spary all over him.