OtakuBoards

Enclave [M-LVS]

Deadpool

Ceyla heard the anger in Dalanius's voice, but did not ask him about it. She knew he appreciated silent understanding more than intrusive questioning. Vincent spoke to them about why it was better to leave the town. As he finished speaking, a large beast of undetermined species pounced on him. He fought the beast off and told them to take care of the others. Ceyla belatedly noticed the glowing eyes advancing towards them. The horses were becoming unnerved, and she hoped they would not run. She cursed a oaths unfit for anyone to say and drew her dagger.

Fights followed them like a plague on this quest, but it was no surprise given their mission. Every warrior in the group had weapons drawn. Ceyla stood near Dalanius and smiled mirthlessly as two of the creatures pounced. He struck the first and her blade swiftly followed, catching the other in the neck. She might have a shorter range with her stiletto but she knew the best places to strike.

"Let's make this quick," she muttered under her breath. "A long battle in this place is not going to be favorable to us."

Dalanius nodded. Each warrior was ready to fight. Adrenaline quickly began flowing through Ceyla's veins. With the quiet style befitting an assassin, she launched herself at another of the monsters without uttering a warning.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela had followed the group silently, angry with herself that she had let Vincent overpower her so easily. 'If he had just rallied the others and let me stay out there, we could have saved those people, perhaps...'

A cry from Vincent brought her back to her senses. Glowing-eyed creatures surrounded the group. With her elven sight, she could see their forms a bit better in the shadows. They were too close to get with her arrows without the fear of hitting a comrade, so Kacela pulled out her broadsword and joined her friends in cutting down the beasts.

Eventually, everyone separated a bit in ones and twos (though not intentionally) and found themselves fighting groups of the monsters while only able to hear the screeches of the animals and the weapons of the team.

Kacela was getitng frustrated. Every time she cut one down, another one took its place. "This is getting ridiculous!" she said to no one in particular. She wasn't even sure if anyone could hear her talking through all the fighting.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Neko tried her best to follow them, but she couldn't. She kept thinking of all the innocent people that woudl die if the orcs broke through the gate. She had to do something, and quick. She slwoly fell to the back of the group so her leave would go unnoticed. She quickly whispered into her horse's ear and rode back into town.
[I]Sorry Vincent,[/I] she thought. [I]But I can't let them die. If i don't make it, at least I'll die a true warrior.[/I]

Vincent saw Neko ride off. "Damn't" Energy began to pulse off his body making the creatures run away off towards the castle that appeared through the fog. "you want to save those people go. I want to save them just as much as you, but there are different ways to go about it then just throwing your lives away." He turned to Kacela as the pulsing grew stronger. "You actually thought I was going to leave you there" He walked up and kissed her on the lips. "I love you, goodbye" He turned and sprinted off for the castle as orcs appeared in his way. "Will you just die!" He slammed his sword down creating a tear that sent them flying. He jumped in the midst of them hacking and slashing away covering him and the ground in black blood. He felt a sword cut him on the shoulder. He turned and decapitated the orc then made hisway into the gate, leaving a field of dead orcs behind him. He made hs way out onto a blacony and saw the group still off in the distance. "Goodbye Kacela" A single tear fell from his eyes as the creatures that attacked him from before began climbing over the wall. He felt their claws rip into his flesh as he sliced them open. He fell to one knee and surveyed the blood and creature carcasses around him.

Neko arrived at the town. She climbed over the now closed gate and jumped onto a pool of orcs trying to break in.
"Good thing i came, they're half way through the gate already!" she said to her said.
She immeadantly began to slash through the orcs. An arrow caught her in the legs, but it wasn't deep and she was able to keep moving. As she killed orcs, more came and took their place. It became clear to her that if something doesn't change, she wasn't going to make.
"Oh well," She said to herself as she was fighting. "I've lived a good, not long, but good life. I'll die knowing that i at least tried."
Another arrow came and caught her in the hip. She winced from pain but kept on fighting.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]As Vincent made a run to the castle, Kacela simply stood there, her sword held tightly in her hand. [I]"No...not now..."[/I] Her heart beat ferociously, as though it wanted to burst out and follow Vincent.

[I]"Damn you!!"[/I] she cried with all her might as she swung her sword around, going cleanly through four of the wood creatures' necks. She followed Vincent through the woods, running faster than she'd ever run in her life. [I]"Don't you dare even think of dying,"[/I] she said to Vincent, even though she knew he couldn't hear her. Tears flowed down her cheeks like a waterfall.

When she made it to the castle, she heard a fight already taking place. She needed to find Vincent as quickly as possible. Blind with rage and love and pain, Kacela charged into the castle. [I]"I won't let you die! Not until I've said what I need to say!!"[/I]

OOC: Sorry for taking so long to fix it. [/FONT][/SIZE]

Ceyla fought back viciously as the freakish monsters kept coming. Neko had not been able to follow them into the forest, most likely to go back to town, Vincent had left the forest, and Kacela followed him at top speed. To her relief Dalanius was still with her at the moment, so were Cellah and the new men, but her hopes for winning had faded.

"Those idiots!" Ceyla screamed. "This is pointless. If they were going to back off they should have told us [I]all[/I] to retreat! That's the point of being in a group!"

The creatures had completely surrounded them. One suddenly broke the circle the remaining warriors had made and bit Ceyla's back savagely, leaving blood pouring from the wound. She stumbled back. One of the others killed it, but she was too stunned to tell who.

"We need to leave," she called to the others as she tried bandaging the awkward wound. For the moment, Dalanius guarded her while she stuanched the bleeding. "We can't let these creaures kill us. Let's escape and regroup with the others, and then we'll head to Ravenbrook."

OoC: I changed my post. We need to get our characters back together.

Blood continued to pour from Neko's fresh wounds an it soaked her clothes. She was still fighting the orcs only she had become a bit slower in her attacks.
[I]'They're not thinging out at all!'[/I] she thought. [I]'I can't make it.'[/I]
An orc slashed her stomach and she cried out in pain. she fell to her knees but still continued to fight the orcs back.
[I]'I have to save those people!'[/I]

He made his way up the stairs then reached the landing where a man stood waiting. "Where is the princess?"

The man laughed. "Why should I do that my son?"

"Your son. What kind of crazy an are you?"

"I am telling the truth, Vincent"

"What the hell?" His mouth fell open as the man told him everything. "You litte" He charged with hsi sword as the man pulled out a staff and blocked him.

OOC: Alright after this fight I am doing a little twist. Everyone needs ot come up with a quest that is based around your character. I will pick the best then that will eb the next one. You then have full control of the rp. Please put the quest you did in the Underground. It doesn't have to be the eniter quest just want it is about.

Ceyla's horse reared as she pulled herself on its back. They had focused their attacks on the creatures and cleared some of the path. Orcs still fought near the town where Kacela and Neko were. Cellah was the first to find one of their comrades. Neko had been injured but could still fight. They located Kacela not long after, also injured but still able to move.

"Where's Vincent?" Kacela asked immediately.

"H-he went alone to the castle," Cellah answered.

"The fight is likely to be over by the time we arrive," Dalanius said.

"Which means we help Vincent with his wounds or try to finish off the princess's kidnapper..." Ceyla said.

The group hurried to Ravenbrook to see the outcome of the mission.

Vincent frowned as his sword collided with Zylon's. "You will pay you.." A strong uppercut sent him through teh roof and onto a landing. He slowly stood up as Zylon jumped to where he was. He was delivered punch after punch as he slowly backed up to the edge. Below him was a cliff witht eh sea hitting against it.

Zylon smiled. "Time to die, son"

"So you think" He jumped and spinkicked him in the face sending him through the wall. He jumped up and delivered a powerful dropkick to Zylon's chest making the crater a little bigger.

Zylon held out his hand as a ball of black energy sent him through another wall and sliding into the ground below making about a long trench. He walked voer to the hole int eh wall. "you can't beat me no matter how hard you try"

Vincent slowly stood up bleeding from his many wounds. He couldn't move his left arm and figured it was probably broken if not worse. "Dang'nt" He regripped his dia katana then began to think to himself. "I wonder" He held up his right hand and concentrated, suddenly black energy swirlded then fired putting a huge hole where Zylon was just standing. He frowned as Zylon landed right in front of him and dealt several kicks to his side. "Just die" Black wings of energy came otu of his back as it swirled around his right arm and covered his sword. He sprinted forward and began slicing at Zylon

Zylon dodged each strike barely. "I see you have figured out your hidden talent" he let out a scream as Vincent cut off his left arm.

"Arm for an arm" His body began to give off an evil glow as he stabbed Zylon through the chest.

Zylong smiled as he placed his hand on Vincent's chest. "See you in hell, son" He fired off a huge blast sending Vincent in the air then crashing to the ground.

Vincent groaned as he tried to move but couldn't. He somehow managed to roll over on his back and lay there coughing up blood as he prayed his new friends would arrive.

*a little after vincent and Zylon started fighting*
Cellah arrived soon after seeing Zylon and Vincent fighting
"I'm here Vincent " she said preparing to fire off a bow
"I wouldnt do that...." Zylon said as a slave goblin pulled a rope in a giant cage dangling over a caludron of acid was a harpy with [COLOR=Olive]gold green [/COLOR] wings and dirty [COLOR=YellowGreen]green[/COLOR] hair and [COLOR=Plum]light purple[/COLOR] skin
"Hashino!" she said her arrow wavering
"I trained my goblin there to drop the harpy if anyone comes within 3 feet of him" he said "
"now drop the bow" he said
"Dont do it Cellah! I love you but you must kill him!" Hashino said the tears were welling up in her eyes as her arrow faltered but didnt drop
"I----I dont know what to do!" she cried

Neko limped over to Vincent with her hand over her stomach, and tried to help with some of his wounds.
"I see that we both have battle wounds," she said to him and smiled.
"Why aren't you fighting with the others?" he asked her.
Her romoved her hand from her stomach to show a deep gash.
"I can't," she replied.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]The loud crashes and cries of the men brought her to Vincent, though she wished with all her heart none of them came from him. When she arrived, Neko and Cellah were already there. She saw Vincent on the ground by Neko. Immediately, she went to his side and knelt.

[I]"Vincent..."[/I] she said, her words lost in her tears. She took a deep breath and continued, [I]"What you said earlier...Vincent, I love you too."[/I] At that, Vincent smiled weakly, the only way he could smile at the time. She didn't know what made her do it, but Kacela leaned down and put her lips to his, kissing him deeply and passionately.[/FONT][/SIZE]

"Owwww. Easy on the lovin okay, I am kind of a mess right now." He saw a bright flash of light as the harpy and the goblin disappeared. He let out a wistle as his horse came charging throught he woods followed by the others. "In my pack there is two potions. Give one to Neko and one to Ceyla. It will help them with their wounds."

Neko looked at him as she recovered her stomach. "I am fine, you need..."

Vincent shook his head. "You two are in worse shape. My wounds aren't going to kill me. Unlike yours if they don't get a little boost" He saw Cellah break down on teh ground and hobbled over to her. "Don't worry as soon as we returnt he princess we will find him and anything else that comes our way." He thought about Zylon and what he had said about being his father. He figured he would keep that to himself. He turned to Kacela. "Help them then meet me and Dalanuis in the castle as we try to find her. Come on Dalanius" He walked beside him as they slowly made their way back to the castle. "Don't be too long Kacela"

Cellah heard him but it didnt really get threw she curled up in a feetal postion tears rolling down her face in droves she didnt say anything someone approached her she didnt really see who
"cellah....Cellah are you ok" the person said she didnt respond
"I think.... we have a problem" the person said another came over to her they all just looked like shadows now
"what is it" another said
"I think Cellah's lost it she wont answer me" the 1st say others gathered
"cella....cellah come on wake up"

Ceyla found the others and saw a flash as the goblin disappeared. Vincent was wounded but still moving. He whistled for their horses, gave something to Kacela, and went back into the castle with Dalanius. Ceyla held a hand near her wound and prayed that neither would be hurt. She would not forgive herself if he died while she was unable to fight. She moved closer to the other women. Kacela gave both her and Neko a potion. The effects took effect quickly as she no longer felt any pain.

After Vincent had spoken to Cellah, the young huntress had curled up into a ball. Ceyla belatedly remembered the girl's need for meditation and that she sometimes became overstressed. Tears poured from Cellah's eyes.

"Cellah... Cellah are you okay?" the assassin asked, but Celah did not respond. "I think... we have a problem."

Neko neared and asked, "What is it?"

"I think Cellah's lost it. She won't answer me."

Kacela came over as well. They needed to help the despondent huntress and rejoin the men. "Cellah..." Kacela called. "Cellah, come on, wake up. That harpy is someone close to you, right? We need to help Vincent. We can find a way to help your friend too if you snap out of it."

Neko couldn't help but to feel a sudden rush of jelousy when Kacela kissed Vincent. As much as she tried to cover it up by ignoring it and tending to his wounds, it was still a bit obvious. Vincent made her drink some liquid stuff that made her feel strange inside. When the feeling began to go away, Cellah fell to the ground. She rushed over to her along with Ceyla. Ceyla was beside herself and Neko didn't know what to do.
"I've never dealt with something like this!" she exclaimed.
"Please, you've got to do something!" Ceyla cried.
"I ca....." She stooped in mid sentence, watching Ceyla's horrified face. "I'll try my best."
She bent over Cellah and whispered "Aa' lasser en lle coia orn n' omenta gurtha" and a rush of a glowing blue light came from Neko's hands and into Cellah.
"What's going on?" Ceyla asked but Neko couldn't answer.
She seemed transfixed by what she was doing, as if studing every little thing that happened. After a moment, Cellah woke up from her emotional break down and Neko collasped from exhaustion.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]As Neko collapsed, Kacela reached down and caught her. After putting the empty phile of potion in a pouch on her belt, Kacela pulled Neko up awkwardly into her arms then looked down at Cellah. [I]"Thanks alot, guys,"[/I] Cellah said. After saying she was going to meditate, Ceyla sighed and picked her up.With that, the women exited the castle.

Vincent had said to help them so Kacela wasn't going to leave them until she was sure that they would be safe. One by one, she went through the options in her head. [I]'I can't lead them back into that forest, they could be attacked by those strange creatures. There aren't exactly any hiding places around here, and I can't send them back to the town...it's probably already taken over by orcs...'[/I]

[I]"Heeeeey!"[/I] they all heard. All looked in the direction of the callers; the boys that Ceyla had rounded up as help. Everyone hurried down to them. [I]"What are you doing here?"[/I] Ceyla asked.

[I]"All you guys had left so we got outta the fight and followed you,"[/I] one of the boys said.

Kacela found her opportunity. [I]"Do you boys know of a place you could take us where we could hide?"[/I]

Another boy pointed to the east and said, [I]"Yeah, a fort built on the road over there." [/I]

[I]"Right,"[/I] Kacela said. [I]"Ceyla, you've got to go there. Take care of Cellah and Neko until I bring Vincent, Dalanius, and the princess back.."[/I] She gave Neko to the boys; it took two to carry her. [I]"Thank you, boys,"[/I] she called over her shoulder as she ran back into the castle to find Vincent again.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Cellah woke affter Neko's ritual
"thanks alot guys" she said hugging them all Hashi wouldnt like me if he learned I quit but I need to meditate now or I'll loose it again" she said choking she sat down "just carry me" she said sighing she closed her eyes her heart beat slowing and her breathing slowing

Ceyla sighed resignedly as Kacela headed back towards the castle. Being left out of the action did not sit well with her, but she knew someone had to watch her team mates. Once inside the fort she set Cellah down on a reed mat to meditate and had the men lay Neko on a bed.

"Is she an elf?" Owen asked. He had helped carry Neko.

"Yes. Keep useful and watch for any monsters," she said in irritation and narrowed her eyes. "I still have no qualms about getting rid of you."

The young man clamped his mouth shut and hurried out of the room. [I]Most people do irritate me easily, but I am still not handling myself very well[/I], she judged. [I]Doing nothing makes me feel unsettled. At least no one in the king's group annoys me[/I].

Cellah sat meditating and slowly regained her composure. Neko stirred slightly and fell back, but Ceyla was hopeful she would regain consciousness soon.

"You all better hurry back," Ceyla muttered under her breath with a blank face and voice. "Die and I swear I will kill you."

She started tossing her stiletto, a habit she did when nervous. All she could do was wait; wait for the women to regain their senses or wait for the others to return. She did not like waiting, and liked worrying even less.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]As soon as they had arrived at the castle Dalanius went quiet, everyone rushed inside while he lingered at the entrance. He looked back towards the forest they had just traveled through with an odd deep stare and sighed intensely before going inside. He watched everything unfold between Neko, Vincent, Ceyla, Cellah and Kacela but from a different level of the castle.

Dalanius was mildly surprised that no one noticed his absence, he had suffered no major wounds what so ever, only a few superficial nicks and cuts covered his arms as well as some bruises. He had momentarily broken away from the group because he felt that someone needed to guard their rear ends. Sure enough he was right; he had been on one of the upper levels of the castle for no more than 10 to 15 minutes before some lingering orcs came charging for the others who were out in the open. Most of his new friends were wounded in a bad way, Dalanius took it upon him self to take out the creatures before they reached the lower level.

He hid quietly in an alcove behind a statue with his broad sword drawn ready; thankfully there were only three at the moment, but he was sure more would follow. When the orcs where a desirable distance away Dalanius jumped out from his hiding place and immediately sliced through the orcs head that was closest to him. The other two drew their swords quickly and came swinging down on Dalanius, he side stepped them while drawing a small dagger from a sheath on one of the orcs. He jammed the dagger into its eye and it fell, blood gushing, to the ground. The third and last orc had much more time to think than the other two, obviously possessing a lot more brain power it quickly blocked Dalanius? attack.

He was thrust backwards in surprise, the orc snarled at him through a set of mangled teeth. Dalanius narrowed his eyes and furrowed his brow; he came at the orc with a series of well placed and powerful attacks all of which were easily blocked. This time it was the orcs turn, it relentlessly swung at Dalanius driving him back the way it had came with every blow. He didn?t understand where all its power came from, surly if he had allowed the orcs to pass his friends would be in serious danger.

The two fought, exchanging blows, the orc had driven Dalanius into some sort of hall, it appeared totally abandoned. The orc sent a blow flying at Dalanius, so strong that it sent him soaring into a table causing it to break in two as he hit it. Slowly he rose to his feet, anger welling inside of him that a simple minded creature could best him. He charged at the creature catching it off guard, he rammed his sword into the orcs armpit with all his might sending it crashing to the ground. Dalanius was somewhat exhausted but he had to take care of the rest of the orcs, and so any that he found in his path he slaughtered. Oddly enough he couldn?t find the princess anywhere within the upper levels of the castle.

Walking back to the balcony, Dalanius saw that Kacela was by Vincent?s side and everyone else had left. He waited a while before venturing down to the lower level, he could sense the two had feelings for each other and deserved to be alone for at least a little while. The fact that he had not found the princess was bothering him, [I]perhaps she is hidden somewhere I?m not thinking[/I]?A thought popped into his head and Dalanius found himself running at top speed for Zylon?s quarters, which was no doubt, somewhere in the higher levels of the castle.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Vincent walked supporting himself with one long along the wall.

Kacela seemed anxious to get him to stop walking. "You need rest lets stop and take a break"

"For the last time I am fine, besides I am a guy and there is no way you are going to get me to stop" He saw Dalanius take off running up the stairs. He took off running after him even though ti broke open his wounds. "Dalanuis stop" Suddenly the castel started to shake. "Shit, Dalanuis must have hit a trap" He took a step back and felt a stone sink. "And so did I" A long pole came out of the wall and caught him int he shoulder implaing him to the other wall. He let out a moan of pain as he tried to push it back.

Kacela was by him in a second and tried hacking at it, but the metal was too strong. Dalanuis came down seconds later with the princess and also tried to get the pole off of him.

"Don't worry about me go"

Kacela began to tear up as Dalnuis nodded and dragged her off screaming." Let me go"

Vincent watched her leave when something out the window caught his attention. A huge scalely dragon was staring at Celya. "Oh shit"

Ceyla wondered how everyone else was doing. With any hope the other three were together. She had not seen Dalanius within the castle, but she was sure he would be close. He usually guarded the back of the group. She did not want to ponder the possibility that he would not be there.

By now Cellah had calmed considerably, and Neko seemed to be breathing more lightly. Ceyla still felt restless, wishing to do something more than sit and play with knives. As one of the recruits came running in, she remembered the adage '[I]Be careful what you wish for.[/I]'

"Miss Ceyla!" Reid cried outside the door. "There's--"

He broke off and she rushed outside. All three men had been knocked to the ground, but seemed to be breathing. Their injuries, however, were not her highest priority at the moment.

Before her stood a dragon three times her height. Ominous yellow eyes glared at her. Its blue-green scales shifted with any slight movement from the beast. She could not tell if it was of the fire-breathing variety. With the menacing claws, teeth, and tail it did not need to breathe fire to be intimidating.

Ceyla narrowly avoided a sweep of its keen claw. She manuevered close to its exposed belly and gave one quick slash. The wound was not a killing blow, but anything will eventually die if it has enough wounds.

"Neko, Cellah, this would be a good time to get up!" she screamed. If the dragon killed her without them waking up, then they would be defenseless. The boys were unconscious as well, which caused further worry.

A small spurt of flame over Ceyla's head confirmed that this dragon certainly could breathe fire. The battle became more complicated. Ceyla got in a few more blows, but had to put her main focus on dodging. All she needed was for the beast to be distracted.

Cellah heard a scream and woke her nerves were starlted but she was ok now she walked into the other room and saw the dragon
"Oh.....Crap" she said seeing everyone either stunned or trapped except Ceyla
"I'll try to help' she said slining some arrows they bounced off the iron scales "I just need a clear shot of the dragons neck when its strechted out because then I can shoot in between the scales and kill it!"