OtakuBoards

Enclave [M-LVS]

Deadpool

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Kacela sat toward the front of the ferry. She watched the water as the boat parted it and listened to the sounds. It was only the second time she'd ever been on a boat; the first time was on her way to Mecki from her home.

Dalanius' voice caught her ear. She listened to him ask Vincent a question and Vincent's short reply. When Dalanius' footsteps ceased and Kacela was sure that he was sitting again, she stood up and went to the back of the boat, where Vincent was sitting.

[I]"Mind if I join you?"[/I] she asked him. He looked up at her and, without waiting for a reply, she sat down next to him. Sighing, she rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. There was a long silence between them. Eventually, Kacela broke it by saying, [I]"It's been a long journey."[/I] Vincent didn't say anything, but she was sure he agreed. [I]"What's going to happen to us when we get back?"[/I]

Vincent's reply was short. [I]"We'll get our reward."[/I] Kacela looked up at him. That wasn't really the answer she was expecting. It was true, but still not what she was hoping to hear. [I]"That's all...?"[/I] Vincent was silent. [I]"Vincent...what's wrong? Are you okay?"[/I]

[I]"Yeah,"[/I] he replied distractedly. [I]"Just thinking."[/I] Kacela lifted her head off his shoulder and searched his face with caring eyes. He didn't say anything more to her. With a dejected sigh, she placed her head back on his shoulder and moved her body closer to his. Her mind came up with a possible solution to his detachedness; [I]'Is it me?'[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][B]"Is it me?"[/B]

Dead on the mark. Vincent made a small nod. "Yes it is"

Kacela lifted her head up and gazed at him but Vincent kept his head turned. [B]"Tell me"[/B]

Vincent turned and looked her straight in the eye as his mind began bringing everything up. [B]"At the beginning of this jurney I was anxious to get it over with and be on with my life, but as time went on and I got to know you better. I wished it would never end. I was jealous and wanted to stay with you. The thought of you leaving pained me." [/B] He kept tears from forming in his eyes as he let out a sigh. [B]"But when I killed you, every part of me felt like it died as well"

"But it wasn't you, you need to keep that in your mind"[/B]

[B]"I know, but when I found out that ws your father and that I almost killed you years ago pains me. Knowing that know that you and your father have come close, he will never accept me. I have the blood on my hands Kacela. Blood that can never go away. I almost lost you several times. That is why I risked my life so many times out there on our quest." [/B] He lowered his head. [B]"Which is now almost over. I leave our fate in your hands Kacela. I know what my decision is and that is if you let me, I will be with you to the end, but yours is what matters now"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=FranklinGothicMedium][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Ceyla watched the water in contentment. She could tell Dalanius was unaccustomed to sea travel, but he was doing a good job of hiding any discomfort.

"Cute," said Ceyla aloud.

"What was that? What's cute?" mumured Dalanius.

"You. You're cute." Ceyla laughed as he drew back, a look of incredulity creasing his brow.

"That description might fit you, but not me. Of all the things I've ever been called, cute is not on the list," said Dalanius seriously.

"Would you prefer dashingly handsome, then? Gorgeous? Eye-catching? Stunning?" Ceyla grinned cheekily. "I'm teasing, dear, although you are definitely nice to look at. You could still stand to relax a little more. Sea sickness is pretty common, especially if you haven't been to sea often. I told you once that you can tell me anything and I'll listen. The offer still stands."

Dalanius held a look of mild surprise which changed to a smile. He chuckled lightly and leaned his head back against Ceyla's shoulder. In the distance Ceyla saw docks around the land's edge. It would not be long before they docked and their quest ended.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][sorry guys more mushy-ness ^^;]

[B]?[I]Your[/I] cute.?[/B] he murmured in Ceyla?s hear, putting a strong emphasis on your. Dalanius let his shoulders sag as he looked up towards the horizon; the docks were coming into clear view.

[B]?There?s something I need to tell you, before we reach dry land.? [/B] Ceyla nodded softly.

[B]?I had a wife and child, a daughter, before all this happened. This was my first quest back on duty after their deaths. I?d had enough of sitting around feeling sorry for myself; I needed to get back into some sort of a normal life. I loved them with everything that I had and then they were just gone. You understand, don?t you? Your brothers?? [/B] Dalanius cut himself off before continuing, Ceyla remained quiet as she waited for him to go on.

[B]?I never thought that I?d ever love another woman in the same way ever again, but you, you brought back something that hadn?t been there in a long time.?[/B] Dalanius stopped talking and stared out at the ocean, they were almost at the docks and almost at their journeys end. Ceyla spun around and looked into his eyes, he gave her a smile and she returned it. The two kissed as the dock drew nearer and nearer.

[B]?Thank you?? [/B] she spoke going to say more but held off, he tiled his head to one side questioningly but she didn?t explain. The docks were fast approaching in a matter of minutes they would be on dry land and making their way to the King.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia][I]"Vincent..."[/I] Kacela said. She sat up straight and faced him. [I]"I love you."[/I] She put a hand on his shoulder and leaned forward. She pressed her lips gently to his. Slowly, she parted hers, inviting him in. An invitation he accepted passionately.

Eventually, she pulled away and smiled. Vincent smiled back. [I]"Good answer,"[/I] he said. A gentle breeze came from behind them. As though she were watching it, she followed the breeze with her eyes until her gaze fell on the land ahead of the boat.

When the boat docked and everyone got out, they found six horses waiting for them; one for every member of the original party. Just enough. Vincent, Kacela, Ceyla, Dalanius, Neko, and Amadeus all chose a horse. At a slow gallop, the group reluctantly set off toward the castle.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=darkred][size=1]OOC: Well I don't think Neko is coming back and the end is going to start with this post.

Vincent mounted his horse as he slowly rode over the broken path and the others filed in behind him. As the rode the sky began to darker. [b]"Looks like rain"[/b] The sky grew darker and darker as they rode but no rain fell. Lighting streaked through the sky and struck the ground as they rode. Vincent fell back to Dalanius. [b]"Something isn't right here"[/b]

[b]"I agree. There is some evil brewing on our path"[/b] Dalanius drew his sword. [b]"We should be wary of the road ahead."[/b]

Vincent's horse reared/ [b]"The king and the princess could be in trouble"[/b] He drew his dia katanna as the horse landed. [b]"Let's move[/b] The group broke out into a gallop as they came to the last hill. At the top of the hill Vincent slid to a stop as the others came up beside him. [b]"What the hell?"[/b]

Before them lay the castle, except the one bright gray stone was now blacker then night with a low dark red light pouring through the windows. The strom clouds circled above the middle of the castle while lighting flashed like crazy. Every plant was dead withing fifty feet and the taint was slowly spreading. Cracks spread along the ground as fire began to creep out. A laugh suddenly echoed across the ground as the king stood looking out one of the windows.

[b]"I see you have finally arrived. I was planning on using you in my plans but seeing as the rpincess returned first I figured what the hell. Let's get it on with so I can rule the world faster"[/b] He pointed to a small red pillar of light coming from the sky onto the castle. [b]"Soon I shall sacrifice the princess and the power of darkness will be mine. Hope you like my new demon soldiers."[/b] He disappeared from view as Kacela shuddered.

[b]"He is going to sacrifice his own daughter"[/b]

A small group of dark shapes rode towards them as a flash of lighting illuminated them. Their skin was a dark shade of gray almost like stone. Their teeth were tinited red and long and sharp as well as their claws. They each had a pair of almost bat looking wings on their backs as well as their dark red eyes glowing in the darkness. Some bore weapons and some didn't Several had pieces of armor on that bore the mark of the king. [b]"He must have turend his own subjects to sreve him. Either way they are dead to us now"[/b] Vincent's horse reared again.

OOC: The end is in motion and here is what we are fighting. Bascially very demented vampire looking creatures that are not the friendlest of people. The king is going to sacrifce his own daughter to rule the entire world. [/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]ooc: We shall get there eventually! Short post I know.

Ic: Dalanius drew his sword as the creatures approached the group, he looked at Vincent who nodded to him, Dalanius nodded back.

[B]?We have to get to the princess, once again. Without her they hopefully won?t be able to complete their twisted ritual...I hope?[/B] He looked to Ceyla, she gave him a reassuring nod, Dalanius then looked back towards Kacela and her father, Kacela gave him a nod also.

[B]?I love you Ceyla, we?ve come this far, no turning back.?[/B] He flashed her a smile, he couldn?t help feeling that this time they might not come out of this alive.

[B]"No turning back."[/B] Ceyla repeated returning his smile, allthough it looked as though she was feeling the same way as he did. Everyone drew their weapons as the creatures drew nearer and nearer, either side seemed to be waiting for the other to move first.

Vincent make the first move, he charged forwards with his horse, Dalanius was quick to follow. Some creatures took flight and others charged forwards, they hissed and growled as they clawed one another to be first at the new enemy. This was the beginning of their final battle; he hoped to god that they would live to tell the tale.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]In her ears, Kacela heard nothing. It was as though her body shut everything off so it could focus wholly on the task at hand. In her mind's eye she saw her mentor, charging just ahead of her into the fray. He rode a white stallion with flames for mane and tail. Falling back to get next to her, he stretched out his arm. Kacela put hers out and they clasped in a strengthening bond. She let go, unsheathed her sword and charged into battle.

The flying enemies got to her first. Scratching at her with their claws, she put her sword up to block them. The very second they left their guard down, she struck with a powerful swing, cleaving them in two. With their blood on her face and body, she still went forward to the ground monsters. They attacked her horse, tearing at its legs with their claws and causing it to falter. Kacela had to jump off to avoid being squashed by the horse.

When she stood up, she was surrounded. It wasn't until then that she realized she no longer had her sword. 'I must have dropped it when I landed!' Kacela thought frantically. Taking her bow off of her back, she loaded an arrow and fired on an advancing monster. [I]"Vincent!"[/I] she called. She continued to fire as fast as she could at the monsters surrounding her, but already some had managed to make contact with their claws. [I]"Vincent!"[/I] she yelled again, getting a bit desperate. A monster leaped at her and cut her bow in half with its claws. Taking two arrows in her hands for weapons, she started attaking the monsters. They all started leaping around, trying to get at her. Soon, some had gotten on her and she was getting forced down to the ground. [I]"VINCENT!"[/I] Kacela cried as the monsters swarmed her, her voice filled with panic.

A hand came down and gripped her arm tightly. With a great heave, Vincent pulled her out of the pile of creatures, both receiving bites and scratches. As soon as she was free, Vincent started hacking away at them. [I]"Go!"[/I] he said. Kacela looked up at the castle. He turned his head and locked his eyes with hers for a fleeting moment. Though they said nothing, both exchanged their love in that short glance. As Vincent turned his attention back to the swarm of creatures, Kacela grabbed two more arrows and made a path through the monsters toward the castle.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=darkred][size=1]Vincent turned to fight off the rest of the monsters, keeping the wave from getting to Kacela. He held his ground as Dalanius and Ceyla founght there way to him. Soon the ground was covered in blood and peices of the monsters only Vincent noticed something. They had changed back into people when they died. [b]"This isn't good. We just killed inncoent people.[/b]

Dalanius looked around taking in the slaughter. [b]"Unfortuantly yes we did"[/b]

Ceyla didn't seem happy about what they just did. [b]"This si terrible"[/b]

Vincent and Dalanius looked at each other and shrugged. [b]"Oh well. We are still alive. Now time to clear out the castle"[/b] He spurred his horse forward and picked up Kacela along the way. When the group reached the castle gates, they dismounted the horses and crossed the drawbridge into the castle.

Vincent looked around. The inside was almost pitch black except for the torch that was still lit here and there and the dim red glow that filled the castle. Every now and then there was a flash of red eyes from the demonized soldiers and castle servants that disappeared as quickly as they appeared. [b]"This is going to be interesting"[/b][/size][/color]