OtakuBoards

Spelling phenomenon

Guest D. Resurrected

Guest D. Resurrected
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

can you understand it?Crazy isnt it. the mind works in misterious ways :animesmil

[color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]Eteidd yuor trahed tilte to mkae it itveiainromfe and lses ni0s0bh.

-Ruiyau
[/font][/color]

[quote name='D. Resurrected']can you understand it?[/quote]

[color=crimson]Yes! No longer do we have to use proper spelling.. this is the beginning of the revolution against the autocratic spellers of OtakuBoards! *hands out berets*

Still, I was able to read your paragraphs without much trouble as you said. That's an interesting little fact.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=D. Resurrected]i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

can you understand it?Crazy isnt it. the mind works in misterious ways :animesmil[/QUOTE][quote name='Report Bad Post']Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.[/quote]Shoot. I guess it's none of the above, then.

I had trouble reading the second paragraph. Not only did it take me a good minute to sort out "taotl", but I kept reading "rset" as "reset". Thank you, Thread Maker. It was by your discovery that I found confirmation that something [i]was[/i] wrong with my brain.[/COLOR]

Ugh, I had some trouble reading that... X/ I, too, saw "rset" as "reset", for example.

I've heard about this theory before, but it would drive me absolutely crazy if people would all of a sudden start to write like that! 8(

Nevermind the theories, spelling [I]is[/I] important - if not for anything else than my sanity! ;P

cool i cant believe that you can open a thread on complete randomness nowdays but i have also read that before and its still good. i cant wait to see which other treads are posted on complete randomness stuff. this site still suprises me. i now have a purpose in life

[QUOTE=Queen Asuka][size=1][color=hotpink]Myspace much?

I've seen that bulletin SO many times. Yes, it's easy to read, get over it. NO ONE has trouble reading it, unless they have some sort of disability that affects them in that way.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1][i][font=courier]Dear miss Plushie Mistress,

The topic at hand may have been old news to you, but perhaps it's really new for the creator of this topic, D. Resurrected. I too knew this type of writing before, but it seems that plenty of people do not. Please think of those people who may have not had the same experiences as you have.
Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Boo[/i][/font]

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Lkie I siad, I arelday kenw tihs, but it deos not sotp to aazme me.[/size]

[COLOR=#004a6f]Actually, I've read somewhere that it isn't always easy to figure out the words. In the example paragragh you provided, if the letters between the first and last were even more jumbled up, it would actually be difficult to figure them out. Then again, the parapragh you provided is pretty jumbled up. Maybe it has to do with which letters are close to each other. Some of the words that end in 'ing' still need to end in 'ing' or at least ng in order to be read.

Try jumbling them up more and see how well others can read them after.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Queen Asuka][color=hotpink][size=1]LOL, well I guess you TOLD me, huh?

Thanks for the laugh, Boo. =)

I guess I shouldn't post in the morning times...I guess I am a bit CRUEL...![/size][/color][/QUOTE]

wow, you really got pwned there Queen Asuka.

that's okay, I got your back! :animesmil

Although it is pretty interesting, it is overdone a bit...

Guest D. Resurrected
ya lol I was think if I'd get in trouble for posting a thread with bad spelling.Im glad you got my back everyone.ok heres another one I jumbled up more.See if you can read this

If I wsa wrieagn sehngomit futriy wluod yuo fnid ttah ieretitnsg?

can you guys read that?
:D

[size=1][color=slategray]Now, that would be just plain cruel to type/write that way to a person with dyslexia. It would be weird, though, if how their mind/eyes jumbled the letters, it actually came out as the right word. XD

I haven't seen that yet, but that's from my lack of internet time and I am uninformed about new ways in which to spell. You know, the usual.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1][quote name='D. Resurrected']If I wsa wrieagn sehngomit futriy wluod yuo fnid ttah ieretitnsg?[/quote]Not without great difficulty. Oh wait, honestly, [i]no[/i]. *knocks on her head* What's "futriy" supposed to be?
...Perhaps it's an acquired skill, yeah? If I read enough of this stuff then I'd probably get better at it![/SIZE]

ALRIGHT, YOU GUYS! POST MORE MISSPELLED WORDS![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1]Not without great difficulty. Oh wait, honestly, [i]no[/i]. *knocks on her head* What's "futriy" supposed to be?
...Perhaps it's an acquired skill, yeah? If I read enough of this stuff then I'd probably get better at it![/SIZE]

ALRIGHT, YOU GUYS! POST MORE MISSPELLED WORDS![/COLOR][/QUOTE]
It's fruity.... --;
Don't feel bad, this stuff is killing my eyes.
What's "wrieagn sehngomit"?

I guess I should do more research because I never seen this anywhere. But then again.... I not all that curious.

[QUOTE]

Originally Posted by [b]D. Resurrected[/b]
[i]i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

can you understand it?Crazy isnt it. the mind works in misterious ways [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/sdsmiley.gif[/img][/i]
[/QUOTE]
actually i have run into things like this before. the funny thing is it even works in spanish too. my friend had brought me a paper all jumbled up like that one too!:D

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ha...I think my Mom sent me something that sounded awfuly close to that thing right there, I think I annoyed an almost limitless amout of people about it..yet it was all in the spirit of laughter right?

Lkie tihs is Kwel!1!1!1!11 [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
vvia la rvtoloeuin!

dwon wtih slpnielg! OB rvtoloeuin: caprpy slptel slyte! ltes satrt a RPG slpnielg etevniryhg jsut lkei tihs!

My god is that hard to type. >.<;; D. Man, if you typed that on your own, praise to you. Very interesting, I actually understood the whole thing, which is rare when it comes to stuff like this. XD