OtakuBoards

X-plays Anime reviews

AnimeHeroX

Hi nice to meet all of you i always wanted to talk about this to anime fans
anyone here that watches x-play know adam and morgan the hosts of the show anyone here that knows that show know they give most anime game pretty crappy scores the question i'd have to ask to everyone here. would anyone here hurt those 2 for mocking the show you love and the game that's made. or would most people agree with there cold reviews?

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=AnimeHeroX]Hi nice to meet all of you i always wanted to talk about this to anime fans
anyone here that watches x-play know adam and morgan the hosts of the show anyone here that knows that show know they give most anime game pretty crappy scores the question i'd have to ask to everyone here. would anyone here hurt those 2 for mocking the show you love and the game that's made. or would most people agree with there cold reviews?[/QUOTE]

ummm every once and a while if i'm looking for a new game to play i'll turn on that channel...it sadden's me that they bash teh crap outta anime game reviews...but sadly they're usually right anyway TT_TT umm i dunno....i dun watch it enough...besides giving cold reviews that bash the crap outta games is probably just how they keep their ratings up...

They need to die...I used to watch that show, but they pissed the crap out of me, so I quit watching it. ^_^ I now go to gamestop.com or other game sites to get anime/RPG reviews.
To desert wolf-Did they really mock a con? That makes them one step down on the ladder. (as if they could get any lower.)

I used to watch TechTV obsessively, [i](z-TV back in the day, anyone?). [/i]Anyway,. since getting slaughtered by G4, they've done nothing but advertise to the big companies. Granted, 4RE was an amazing game last year, but they're spending too much time [i]wasting[/i] time to make any review count. Honestly, I can't watch that show anymore. I think the last episode i enjoyed watching was where they had the interns fighting, and Morgan whipped out a codebook to make her intern invincible or something. Good times back then...Ah, Extended Play....

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

I am a defender of these two, seeing as how [B]X-Play[/B] and[B] AOTS[/B] are two of my favorite shows. Now for a moment, I want you guys to imagine that games like...[B] Dragon Ball Z Budokai[/B] exists in the same world as games like [B]Soul Calibur 3.[/B] Now, are you going to tell me that [B]Budokai [/B]is better than [B]Soul Calibur 3?[/B] No. Games such as [B]Tekken[/B] and [B]Soul Calibur[/B] tend to set new standards which should be looked into. Now look at every other game review magazine or website, and let me know when you find one that rated [B]Budokai [/B]higher than [B]Tekken [/B]or [B]Soul Calibur.[/B]

Lets believe that a game like [B]Fullmetal Alchemist: Curse of the Crimson Elixer [/B]exists in the same world as a game such as[B] Kingdom Hearts. Ghost in the Shell [/B]in the same world as [B]Metal Gear Solid 3. Gungrave[/B] in the same universe as[B] Resident Evil 4. Shaman King[/B] in the area of [B]Final Fantasy Tactics.[/B]

[B]X-Play [/B]and every other game reviewer for that matter have high standards for games because they have played the best, and they're not going to go easy on a game simply because it has an anime license. You get what I'm saying? I mean, yeah, I like [B]Budokai[/B], but its no where near [B]Tekken 5. [/B]I loved[B] Fullmetal Alchemist[/B], but it doesn't hold a candle to [B]Kingdom Hearts 2.[/B]

So, I don't think its a good ethics to get angry at a game reviewer for putting down a bad game, regardless of the title or characters in the game. Blame the developers for making a mediocore/bad game.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=The Boss][color=darkgreen][size=1]

I am a defender of these two, seeing as how [B]X-Play[/B] and[B] AOTS[/B] are two of my favorite shows. Now for a moment, I want you guys to imagine that games like...[B] Dragon Ball Z Budokai[/B] exists in the same world as games like [B]Soul Calibur 3.[/B] Now, are you going to tell me that [B]Budokai [/B]is better than [B]Soul Calibur 3?[/B] No. Games such as [B]Tekken[/B] and [B]Soul Calibur[/B] tend to set new standards which should be looked into. Now look at every other game review magazine or website, and let me know when you find one that rated [B]Budokai [/B]higher than [B]Tekken [/B]or [B]Soul Calibur.[/B]

Lets believe that a game like [B]Fullmetal Alchemist: Curse of the Crimson Elixer [/B]exists in the same world as a game such as[B] Kingdom Hearts. Ghost in the Shell [/B]in the same world as [B]Metal Gear Solid 3. Gungrave[/B] in the same universe as[B] Resident Evil 4. Shaman King[/B] in the area of [B]Final Fantasy Tactics.[/B]

[B]X-Play [/B]and every other game reviewer for that matter have high standards for games because they have played the best, and they're not going to go easy on a game simply because it has an anime license. You get what I'm saying? I mean, yeah, I like [B]Budokai[/B], but its no where near [B]Tekken 5. [/B]I loved[B] Fullmetal Alchemist[/B], but it doesn't hold a candle to [B]Kingdom Hearts 2.[/B]

So, I don't think its a good ethics to get angry at a game reviewer for putting down a bad game, regardless of the title or characters in the game. Blame the developers for making a mediocore/bad game.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
I agree with everything that's been said here. And like every other person that gives reviews, they are only giving their opinons. I also agree with the host of X-play because most if not all anime based games do suck. Although I thought Gungrave was rather decent for it's short length. (It calmed me down) Maybe they do go a little far when bashing it, but "shrugs" that's like the way life is. You're not going to find many places where there isn't any bashing of other people's favorites going on.

[QUOTE=AnimeHeroX]Hi nice to meet all of you i always wanted to talk about this to anime fans
anyone here that watches x-play know adam and morgan the hosts of the show anyone here that knows that show know they give most anime game pretty crappy scores the question i'd have to ask to everyone here. would anyone here hurt those 2 for mocking the show you love and the game that's made. or would most people agree with there cold reviews?[/QUOTE]

It all depends on the game. If I thought it was good and they were really really cold. Then I would want to hurt them. And may I add that they have, and I have wanted to hurt them. :D. But still that's what they thought of the game, doesn't matter what they think of it. If you buy and like it. Then you can email them (if you can) and tell them to shove it. :D

Guest Desert Wolf
Ok I was a little ruf on them and sure the anime games can suck but still I think they should only stick to games nothing else.

[quote name='Desert Wolf']Ok I was a little ruf on them and sure the anime games can suck but still I think they should only stick to games nothing else.[/quote]
You do realize that's all they review right? If you're talking about all the "so called" acting and whatnot. It's just for show. A mockery of most movies, animes, sports or whatnot.

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

Yeah. It's all parody and satire, usually relevant to the games they are reviewing. It's all for comedy, and that is one of my favorite parts of the show. It's just fun to watch. Likewise with AOTS. And all they review, like Diablo said, is video games, and when they get a game based on an anime and have no idea what the story is about, they mock it. Just as they mock most other games, even good ones.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Diablo']other . Although I thought Gungrave was rather decent for it's short length. (It calmed me down) Maybe they do go a little far when bashing it, but "shrugs" that's like the way life is. You're not going to find many places where there isn't any bashing of other people's favorites going on.[/quote]

I hope your talking about Gungrave OD and not the original. The original was garbage. OD is pretty bad but at least its not 6 levels and is valued price.

Whoops..... forgot there were two of them.
Yes, I am talking about Overdose. (I like it because it was basically a game I could blow off some steam over.)
I haven't played the original.

Knowing me though, I'd probably like the original as well.
I'm assuming it's just pointless shooting like OD?

[QUOTE=Diablo]Whoops..... forgot there were two of them.
Yes, I am talking about Overdose. (I like it because it was basically a game I could blow off some steam over.)
I haven't played the original.

Knowing me though, I'd probably like the original as well.
I'm assuming it's just pointless shooting like OD?[/QUOTE]

OD wasnt that bad your right it did help blow off some steam. The original you can beat in under an hour wiithout dying once. The game has a nice ending thoguh which diffrers from the anime. I fyou can find it under $10 get it. Anything higher is outrageous.

About the X-play I dont think they are predujice aganist Anime games. They did give Budokai 3 a 4 out of 5.

[quote name='Desert Wolf']I hate thos show because they nomally spolid the game p.s. i cant spell today :alcohol: :alcohol: :alcohol: :alcohol: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: i love diding that :sleep:[/quote]

You can't spell? Surely you jest. (sarcasm)

I used to watch X-Play (and AOTS, for that matter) religiously. Lately, though, I've kept my distance from G4 due to their recent uprise in shows I just don't care about (The Man Show, Star Trek, and everything else that has nothing to do with games). But I loved X-Play to death. It was more than reviews; it was humor. I'm not mad at Adam and Morgan, because they're the guys who get it right, no matter how brutal the truth may be. Avid Final Fantasy fan though I may be, I still chuckle along at every "Yuna's such a ditz" jab. And, oh, the memories. All the characters and whatnot. Cobra and Mongoose, Johnny Extreme (to the max!), Ratty the puppet (suck it!), Drunk Link... I'm getting all nostalgic... *wipes eyes*

Oh, and since I haven't been watching lately... what color's Morgan's hair these days?

Its Just plain and simple most anime games aren't that good, Even if you like the people in it. But some anime games like FF games and most games made by square enix are good games but alot of the other ones out there aren't so just fase the faces.
Morgans hairs like blackish. PS: shes pretty hot

Peace Out

I haven't read any other post except the first one so if there's a little discussion going on then sorry. Anyway I wouldn't beat the crap out of them because there really not actually making fun of the show just the game, and I must say I have played some of the games that got really low scores and they do suck, and I agree with everything they said simple as that.

[quote name='Desert Wolf']I hate thos show because they nomally spolid the game p.s. i cant spell today :alcohol: :alcohol: :alcohol: :alcohol: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: i love diding that :sleep:[/quote]
Whoa, Lay off the smilies man, We get the message with just one or two. Now on to the topic at hand....

I have to agree with The Boss and Diablo on the account of the majority of Anime-Videogames sucking like a Hoover compared to a lot of other games. Reviewers set a standard for games (ex: RPGs being on par with FF7 (Not that hard in my opinion), Shooters being on par with Halo (again, not too difficult) yadda, yadda, yadda) and often the standards are too great for them to top. They're not nessecarily bad games (Tenchi Muyo on SNES is a good example and is a fine strategy RPG) but they cannot compare to the non-anime based ones.

This also applies to non Anime-Games; About half of the review websites gave True Crime: New York City below 5 out of ten. Did it stop it from being alright? Hell no.
Just cause a game has gotten a bad review doesn't technically mean that it sucks, alright?