OtakuBoards

Illicit Deep [PG-13]

Dragon Warrior

[center][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/4452/illicitdeep6ud.jpg[/img]
[size=1][COLOR=DimGray]Just when some fool said things couldn't get worse...[/color][/size][/center]

[i]Far off the coast of Puerto Rico, a vessel of scientists disappears without a trace. Contact is completely lost and no sign of their existance is found. They were studying underwater life one afternoon, but were reported missing later that evening. Days turn to weeks and theories become realities. Rescue teams have scowered the area where they were last reported, but with no luck.

Their fellow scientists have become stressed over the matter. Without being authorized, they take a ship out to sea accompanied by a rough sea captain to find their lost companions. As they get further and further away from their island home, things get a bit eerie.

Before long, it grows dark and a blanket of black covers the sky. The waters become rough and their equipment becomes shot. Nothing works, from lights to radar. They cannot contact anyone and they find themselves in the same situation as the ones they were rescuing. The waters crash over the side of the ship, tossing men overboard. The winds whip the sails and ropes around, slicing at the sailors' flesh. When it seemed like all was lost, a light shown through the thick, unearthly fog...

... a ship with tattered sails comes into view. The remaining sailors and scientists feel relieved and call to the ship to be rescued. But as it drew closer, they saw what they didn't believe it could be. Then... cannonfire.[/i]

[center][b][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to the Devil's Triangle.[/FONT][/b][/center]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Prepare, folks. This is my upcoming RPG about a rescue ship in search of lost companions who end up getting lost themselves in the Bermuda Triangle. We'll be taking the stories and myths of the deadly triangular water sector and weaving an elaborate tail about a search and rescue gone wrong and getting out with as many alive as you can.

You'll encounter numerous obstacles such as uncanny natives, sea monsters, and prehistoric oddities. And perhaps you may stumble upon the great secret to why the Triangle is so dangerous and mystical. Everything and nothing is impossible in the Triangle, so expect a grand epic soon.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Oooh oooh! Uncanny natives, sea monsters, prehistoric oddities, secrets, a grand epic!!!!!
Where do I sign up?! Where!!!!

Dragon Warrior you have so caught my attention. There was a tv show on here not long ago about the triangle and that sparked my interest in the place. So what do you do? You make an rp about it. Question time!

I take it we will we be playing one of these scientists or the crew members? Indeed this sounds quite fun, eerily fun . The paragraph you?ve written reminds me of King Kong for some reason. Is this going to be a chapter based system or just let people do as they will?

Cant wait to see what mythological sea creatures the participants shall be thwarting. [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ha ha... Cool undead pirates? Pirates are always cool...even though a ninja could so take a pirate if it wanted to, but that is besides the point.

From what I could get from the teaser sample you gave us. This seems a bit like what King Kong was. Yet that would be cool and allm but would that mean some of us would die? If so that would be even cooler...but how to pick who is the one to die..that is the question.

Seems intresting enough though, perhaps I may look at it later?...Pirates..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Illusion][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Oooh oooh! Uncanny natives, sea monsters, prehistoric oddities, secrets, a grand epic!!!!!
Where do I sign up?! Where!!!!

Dragon Warrior you have so caught my attention. There was a tv show on here not long ago about the triangle and that sparked my interest in the place. So what do you do? You make an rp about it. Question time!

I take it we will we be playing one of these scientists or the crew members? Indeed this sounds quite fun, eerily fun . The paragraph you?ve written reminds me of King Kong for some reason. Is this going to be a chapter based system or just let people do as they will?

Cant wait to see what mythological sea creatures the participants shall be thwarting. [/COLOR] [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Yes, you will play as a sailor, scientist, or tech team. It will be a medium-sized group. It's not chapter system, though. And despite what you may think, it's not like King Kong. I hope the part about "prehistoric oddities" didn't put that in your mind.

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ha ha... Cool undead pirates? Pirates are always cool...even though a ninja could so take a pirate if it wanted to, but that is besides the point.

From what I could get from the teaser sample you gave us. This seems a bit like what King Kong was. Yet that would be cool and allm but would that mean some of us would die? If so that would be even cooler...but how to pick who is the one to die..that is the question.

Seems intresting enough though, perhaps I may look at it later?...Pirates..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I never said the ship was undead pirates. You'll see soon enough what that's about. And like I said before, I don't plan on it being like King Kong. But yes, people will die. I said before that it's a medium-sized group. All the dangers of the Triangle are quite hazardous, so in reality, not everyone could survive them. Who will die could be based on several things such as your character's information or their position or simply their location at the time of the danger.

[SIZE=1]Ooh...Maybe it's Nessie.

Anyway, you have my interest. Though, Ikillion did have a point when he mentioned Pirates...that ship with the tattered flag makes me think that as well. It brings to mind epic sword battles on the high seas and what not, though fighting the Kraken could be fun.

*cough* sorry, I'm a mythology nut. Because of this RP, I'll probably be brushing up on my knowledge of mythical sea creatures. I'm in, when ever the sign-ups open.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][QUOTE=Stark][SIZE=1]Ooh...Maybe it's Nessie.

Anyway, you have my interest. Though, Ikillion did have a point when he mentioned Pirates...that ship with the tattered flag makes me think that as well. It brings to mind epic sword battles on the high seas and what not, though fighting the Kraken could be fun.

*cough* sorry, I'm a mythology nut. Because of this RP, I'll probably be brushing up on my knowledge of mythical sea creatures. I'm in, when ever the sign-ups open.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Um...Nessie would have to be on [i]quite[/i] the field trip there, good buddy...hahah.

Gavin! I had meant to ask - I know you mentioned the pirate element, but how much of the modern element - the Star Tiger, Flight 19, radio waves, time oddities, USOs and UFOs, among others - will be in this? For as truly awesome as all the stuff that's been 'happening' there for the last several hundred years is, it's the last sixty, seventy years that fascinate me the most....>D

That being said, I can't wait for this to be up.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Naturally there will be modern elements in it, Sarah. I actually had the idea of [spoiler]something like they find a small isle out in the sea with Flight 19 kinda nuzzled in as if it were part of the soil itself and it had surviving humans living in it.[/spoiler] Stuff like those elements. I mean, the scientists will be carrying some form of technology too whether it's a highly sophisticated device or it's a gameboy.

But having said that, the RPG will take place within the Triangle, so much technology will either be primitive or primtive in appearance. More often than not we'll focus on mythology and ancient legends and such. Technology, since it is modern day and since you never know what will be in the Triangle, will still play an important role, but not as big as anything mystical.

I'm definitely interseted in this idea. I like the idea of tapping the bermuda triangle, esspecially since I ony live a few hours from Ft. Lauterdale in FL where the now infamous flight 19 took off from and it's also one of the corners of the triangle. I'd like to see this go up in the inn and when it does you can count on me to apply for a spot.

[font=franklin gothic medium]As we discussed on AIM, I think this is a good idea. I think you're on the right track here. I'm hoping that there isn't going to be a pirate element in this (at least not to a large extent), but you have already mentioned that it won't be an issue.

I'd be interested to see what kind of revelations could be uncovered in a plot like this. As I said to you on AIM, I can imagine lots of great scenarios involving the Bermuda Triangle.[/font]

As we've discussed already, yeah, pirates aren't really a main concept to the story. They'll play a minor conflict just like any other situation (such as a giant squid attacking or a storm hitting). Naturally you're right, though, that there are plenty of situations that can be made from the idea of the Bermuda Triangle. Anything can happen, so we can basically go in any direction we please (as long as we keep it from getting disoriented).

DW... you are the man. The Bermuda Triangle (AKA Devil's triangle or dragon triangle) has always been one of my favorite worldly mysteries. that's where I think dragons and unicorns live. And it's made by you, so it MUST be awesome. I will follow you on any voyage, mon capitan!

*suddenly wonders if Lost takes place in the Bermuda Triangle*

EDIT: Will our characters speak Puerto Rican? Well, with the little <> around their speech I mean?

Heh, just because their station is based in Puerto Rico doesn't make them from there. Sure, you can make your character Puerto Rican and you're more than free to speak the language (I'd assume some would if they work there), but it's not a requirement. My character won't be Puerto Rican, but will be fluent in numerous languages (he is after all a sea captain).

I believe sign ups shall finally begin later this week around Wednesday. So for those of you who plan on looking into this, be sure to keep a watchful eye.

• 3 weeks later...