OtakuBoards

Do you read sigs?

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Indigo]*laughs* I guess I'm a signature addict. I love reading them because you just find out alot about a person from their sig. But again, like most people, I refrain from reading ones that are just blocks of text, or tons of smiley faces. Personally, that just screams 'n00b'. Not that there is anything wrong with you having your sig like that, I just won't take the time to read it ^__^

I love making them too. I didn't do a whole lot to my current one, other than resizing. But I had to use it. I just found it too hilarious to pass up XD[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]I read signatures if they catch my eye and look interesting. As far as I'm concerned, short and to the point is good, so concise signatures usually get more attention from me. Longer ones will get skimmed over most of the time unless they look particularly good.

Myself, I just keep a banner and some links to stuff of mine in my signature. For quite a while now I've been using my banner, avatar, and custom title to provide a certain theme to my posts. Currently, for example, I've got a Scrapped Princess theme going. The themes change pretty much whenever I feel like making a new banner.[/color]

Guest Prick Wizard
I've read mine multiple times now and gave little tears of LOL everytime I did so.

[COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1]You gotta have an interesting banner for you to have me read your sig. We people with short attention spans are like that. Also, I [i]always[/i] read quotes by other OB members. They're bound to be hilarious and I get the feeling that I'll get a cookie when I find the thread where it was posted.

I never comment on sigs outside [URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51313]Rate the Sig Above You[/URL] but it sure is nice to be PM'ed about your sig (praises, hate mail, or otherwise).

My favorite sig (snippet) of the moment would be [b]Baron Samedi[/b]'s "Married to Baron Samedi". It's probably 'cause I hate them "Married to X" snippets in sigs and it was high time for a parody anyways. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

I love the sigs. They give a little insight into every member's personality. Right now I really like Starwind's, The13thMan's, and all of Keyblade Wielder's signatures. They all have nice banners. I admire anyone who can make a good banner since I can do absolutely nothing special.

The only sigs I really dislike are those with 500 smilies or really, really, [I]really[/I] bad grammar.

[size=1]Guess what, Tical?

I'm in love with your new signature. Definitely.

But the person with the coolest sig in the universe is [b]Delta[/b]. The handicap battles are bacically going to be awesome [: And she's right, [b]Baron Samedi[/b] always has interesting and hillarious things in his sig.[/size]

I admit that I normally don't read people's signatures unless they catch my eye while I'm reading a post. =) I myself never make signatures...*shrugs* I don't really see the point in them other than to display graphics talents...which I really stink at. I couldn't make a nice banner even if my life depended on it. :animeswea

[SIZE=1]Sigs? Read them? Wha-?

Well... I suppose I do from time to time, since [most] people do put some effort into them. But if it's a 16-line poem about life being unfair, I generally tend to pass on it.

The sigs that draw my eye would generally be ones including nice little banners, as that'll encourage me to read the stuff around it to see if there's a connection between banner and text. Though I quite like to read text-based sigs that don't actually mean anything, but are just created out of a few seconds of complete/inspired boredom. Or funny quotes, provided there's just the one. As for sig-links... rarely click on them...

Blah...[/SIZE]

[COLOR=tan][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]i ALWAYS seem to read sigs =p . i don't read each and everyone one of them, but i occasionally tend to do so.

ones with cool photoshop-ed pictures or even colorful/bolditalicedandunderlines text get my attention the most.

but like what Dodeca said, if it's just a bunch of words about whatever and this and that, then it's nowhere close to having been read by me. especially since i have a short attention span xD.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Tical]Today I was wondering if anyone ever read my sig since no one ever comments on it. But then I felt bad cuz I read everyone's sig, but I myself never comment on them.

So, do you read people's sigs? And what's your favorite sig?[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I love to read people?s signatures. ^_^ Well except for ones that are mostly different smiles. I worry that looking at those too long will somehow fry my brain. o_O

Anyway, some of the best things can be found just by reading people?s signatures or the links they provide, I remember the first link I clicked on like it was yesterday. I had been seeing Desbreko?s posts around the board when I realized that the words underneath his banner were actually links.

The DailyOtaku had me laughing so hard I had tears running down my face and I had to stop reading to catch my breath several times. It was beyond funny. ^_^ Which is why I added the link to my own signature. If you haven?t read it yet, you don?t know what you are missing. ^_~

Since that fateful day, I tend to follow the links people provide in their signature to see where they lead. [/COLOR]

[quote name='NightmareVC']I do once in a while. Only if they're short or someone else said something about it. I like to read poems, so I sometimes look at those. Not all that often though.[/quote]
I often do! But I'm a total newbie on these forums. ^^;; I've seen you in other threads! Your signature is pretty neat... (I like your Tool lyrics xD)

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#333333]I love to read signatures because they say so much about what that person wants to say or their personality. It is almost like a way of expressing yourself. I know for a fact, that you do not have to have a banner to make a point or your signature stand out. [b]Retribution[/b] occasionally doesn't use one and he usually has quotes that make his signatures stand out anyways. The best signatures I've have seen and love so far are [b]Desbreko, SakuraSuka, Panda, Bio, Ozymandius Jones, Retribution & Delta[/b].

It's funny because Ozy and Panda seem to keep their banners simple but its to the point. It just goes to show that you don't need an extravicate glittering banner to make your signature look good. As for me, I mostly use mine for advertising as sad as that is. I didn't want to put a different word or put "Click here!" because I feel like I'm being dishonest. What can I say? Shameless plugs are inevitable.

My favorite text on signatures are the wacky AIM convo's you read from members talking to others, it really makes it feel like OB really is a tight community. I also love the puns. You got to love the jokes. I have to agree with long lyrics on signatures, it just makes you want to skip them. It can be quite boring and a hassle to sit down and read. As far as I know, OB would be boring without them. I love having signatures, it makes OB even more enjoyable. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Yeah, gotta love the sigs. Every time I see a shiny new banner or what not, I have to stop and read. Heck, I even read the sixteen line Poems of Doom half the time, because I just have that much free time. They usually seem to give you a bit more of a peek into the mind of the Sigger than just a post alone might, and its always neat to see what fancy new thing someone's written; or what stale old favorite they've dredged up, as the case may be.

I tend to prefer, though, the minimalist sigs, a word of two in plane text, with or without a banner. A la mine, really.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

If it catches my eye I will. Like those cool signature pictures, or if it's something that looks cool, then I usually read it. I mean, most sigs are like 3 lines at most, and how much time does it take to read that?

• 2 weeks later...
I tend to read most signatures if they catch my eye, even if they don?t as long as there not just big blocks of text or smiles I tend to read them. Though I have never actually commented or been commented on a signature.

As for the most interesting one? I cant decide there are just so many.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Onix][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1']Every time I see a shiny new banner or what not, I have to stop and read. Heck, I even read the sixteen line Poems of Doom half the time, because I just have that much free time.[/quote][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#CD6619]As do I, Trev, as do I. It?s not that they?re just there, it?s because I have all the time to read them and that?s what makes it even better. I even read the bazillion-colors-filled-with-smilies signatures too because, like I said, I have all the time to read it.

Reading signatures are great because they just say a little something about the person and sometimes people can find things within that signature that relates to them. I think that signatures are a lot like the style of people?s writings; they?re never the same but you can find a similarity within the lines. I mean, it?s not like their signatures are their fingerprints- they could be if people wanted them to be (I should do that XP)- but it?s an artistic expression to everyone.

The banners in my signature, on the other hand, are made by other people which I give my thanks too because they take time out of their busy lives or not-so-busy- however they see it- and create a work for me. At the moment, my signature seems a bit cluttered, which means I need to take out some stuff- but that?s beside the point. I, personally, am just automatically pointed at a signature with or without the person telling me to look at it. It?s sort of? unconscious habit.[/size][/color]