OtakuBoards

Do you read sigs?

[size=1]I do read signatures every now and then. Not if they're long quotes like your's, though. If they're short and catch my eye, I can't resist to take a look.

Mine never really say much useful information unless they link to my friend's website, which I put in every now and then. Next time you see it, click on it. *glare*

[b]Oh, and I linked the word [u]White[/u] to a picture I found in his family archive >:'D *hides for White*[/b][/size]

I usually read signatures. I find many of them quite humorous or insightful. I rarely comment on them unless *puts on mod hat* there is something wrong with the signature that is causing it to break the rules. Banners are generally what catches my eye versus tons of text alone.

Signatures are fun and a great way to show your personality in a small way.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna]I usually take the time to read people's signatures, and I like to see what it has to say of the person, if anything at all. However, as [B]Boo[/B] mentioned, it is more likely that a small, quickly read signature will catch my eye, but that is just what a human would generally do. Although, as [B]Ziggy Stardust[/B] before me, I see it as considerate to read what others view as worthwhile.

As for my favorite signature - I have no earthly idea.

Later.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest Stafal-chan
:animeswea umm sometimes i'm not to fond of te really long ones though ^_^ haha i dunno wat to do as a sig ^_^...i do like most sigs though they're usually quite amusing ^_^

[size=1]I almost always look at people's signatures. Usually, I weed out the ones that annoy me; you know, with seven-hundred smilies and five-bazillion colours. A signature can say enough about the person, and it shows how creative they can be. Not only the person who owns the sig, but the artists who help people out with banners.

I can't say which sig in particular is my favorite. There are so many entertaining ones, it's just impossible to single anyone's out. If it really strikes me, I will PM someone and comment on it; or get them on AIM.[/size]

[SIZE=1]I like to read sigs yeah. I especially like ones that link into eachothers, like that incident we had a while back with DW and Piro, it illustrates the community aspect of the boards.

Take a lot of consideration when I make my sigs. Usually I have the Avatar and matching banner then a quote that relates to the banner in some way. It all has to match. My sig at the moment doesn't match the quote with the banner, but I still like it to be neat and stylish looking ^_~.

Like Athena I don't like sigs that are full of random smilies, exclamation marks and writing noone understands.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]I usually don't read the long ones. I also read 'em more often if there's a picture attached to 'em. I remember one that said "drive it like you stole it". I always liked that one. I can't remember who's it is, but i haven't seen her in a while. I wonder how she's doing...

Later.

PS: I got a new one, i'd love a comment. ^L^
[/COLOR] [/FONT]

I sometimes read them but they have to intrest me. The real long ones with a lot of smilies I don't like. I really don't comment on them but I do think that they are need to show of how that person is like.

yes i do read sigs, for a laugh and in my mind the post isnt finished until i read the sig, unless it's a poem like sig, cos, those just bore me.

the best sig i've ran into is my own, cos i feel like im a creatively challenged.

thank you for your time.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Unless I'm in a rush, I usually always check out everyone's sig. Banners are the main things that catch my eye though. (Right now, I really like Doukeshi's banner, the image is simple and done well.) I think that it would be a really good idea to tell someone their sig is good. Especially to hear that yours is cool.
It's always nice to hear something good.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Signatures are a place to show people who [i]you[/i] are. A personalized banner. A funny tidbit. Maybe some links to other places like your MyO, or you site. Or just a nice quote you heard, some song lyrics you like.

I personally think any line of text over four-six full lines long is too long. Too much text, especially if you have a banner as well. It just makes for unnecesary scrolling. Put it on your MyO or your MySpace if you like it so much, but really... Writing out basically a whole song in your signature is obnoxious.

I say, if you must have song lyrics/poetry in you signature, pick 2-6 short lines and be done with it. Othewise, I can honestly say, very few people will stop to read it, and even fewer will comment on it.

If you really want people to comment on your sig, make it eye-catching. More than a simple black box with TOOL written in it, with a Tool song written below it. Honestly, if I had the Green Day-American Idiot song writting out in my signature, with a little green box saying GREEN DAY, would you comment? Nahh.

Be original!

On another note, noone has ever commented on any of my signatures either, but I really haven't ever expected any comments. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone [;[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
Yeah, I read and look at peoples signitures, sometimes. I do tend to favor banners and funny ones. To be quite honest I don't take the time to read the ones with long poetry or song lyrics or ones making statements. As for the banner that I think is most interesting is probably [b]Gavin's Banner[/b]. Good work with the pic, defiantly nifty. As for the interesting signiture I think Lord Dante has an interesting sig.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Lord Dante Sig] Never forget the most important rule:

Most people are stupid. They will believe a lie because they fear it's true, or because they want it to be true.

ここに私達は来る

50% Strong Bad, 50% tooth rot, and 50% ta-dah!!! [/QUOTE]
I have no idea what the asian characters say, but nice touch. As for the most important rule = True. Your Percentiles are interesting as well.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Other than the nice little banners, no, I don't read them. Unless I'm pointed to read it otherwise. Even though I have some text in my sig, I don't really put it there for the sake of others to read, (Sorry if that sounds bold) I put them there to attempt to crack a smile on my face every once in a blue moon. Oh yea, or I'm giving props to someone for making a banner, set, avatar or something along the works.

[QUOTE=Shadow Blade][SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
Yeah, I read and look at peoples signitures, sometimes. I do tend to favor banners and funny ones. To be quite honest I don't take the time to read the ones with long poetry or song lyrics or ones making statements. As for the banner that I think is most interesting is probably [b]Gavin's Banner[/b]. Good work with the pic, defiantly nifty. As for the interesting signiture I think Lord Dante has an interesting sig.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I have no idea what the asian characters say, but nice touch. As for the most important rule = True. Your Percentiles are interesting as well.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Oh wow. I never knew anyone paid any attention to my signature. Is nice to know that people find it interesting. And I'm glad you can see the truth in the rule, shadow blade.

[SIZE=1]What kind of question is that, Tical? I expected more from you! Anyway, seeing as you got some replies, I figured that I'd add to them.

Yes, I do read sigs. Usually I ignore the long lines of random text and just admire the banner. Some of them are actually quite nice. Also, it's just a little way of leaving your mark around the place, so that people might remember you if they didn't look at your screen name.

When it comes to comments on sigs, I've never had any. Then again, I've only asked for a banner a couple of times, usually coming back with something interesting. No, I've never commented on any sigs either.

There are a couple that are my favorites; Baron Samedi, for instance, certainly seems to be saying [i]something[/i] with his sig. Plus, I love that witty little comment toward that certain person in there. Other than that, I also liked...I think it was Panda before she went Katamari Damacy on everyone. It was a little animation with Hanataro from Bleach--I just gotta like that little dweeb. [/SIZE]