OtakuBoards

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Desbreko

I belive Zelda will still have same set list and everything.

Any news about any upcoming characters?I will die if they put people from Xbox brand in there. Sega,Nintendo,(what snake came from is....i forget), the GOOD companies, I mean som Xbox people are cool, but I would really detest that.

Also while on the subject, What companies are helping sponsor brawl? its not so important, but to us game freaks its good to know

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='haku877']Any news about any upcoming characters?I will die if they put people from Xbox brand in there. Sega,Nintendo,(what snake came from is....i forget), the GOOD companies, I mean som Xbox people are cool, but I would really detest that.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]The market for the SSB series is Nintendo's all-stars, so I do not believe any Sony or Microsoft originals will show up. Sega and Nintendo used to run together, which is why Sonic showed up, and I don't think Solid Snake was platform-specific. (I'm still skeptical about the legitimacy of his inclusion...but hey, it's Solid Snake.)

In other words, I don't think we'll ever see Dante in the lineup. Maybe Viewtiful Joe will show up in the future....[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]The market for the SSB series is Nintendo's all-stars, so I do not believe any Sony or Microsoft originals will show up. Sega and Nintendo used to run together, which is why Sonic showed up, and I don't think Solid Snake was platform-specific. (I'm still skeptical about the legitimacy of his inclusion...but hey, it's Solid Snake.)[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Metal Gear is Konami, I believe. Anyway, it was announced somewhere (I think) that a prerequisite for third parties is that they have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once, so no Master Chief for you. (Hey, Viewtiful Joe? That sounds Groovy! Speaking of which: Earthworm Jim for Brawl. Discuss.)

[quote name='Aceburner']Metal Gear is Konami, I believe.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]And since Konami markets to all major platforms indiscriminately, my point is proven. (Anyway, I know [I]Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes[/I] was at least a Gamecube release, so I had a backup already.)[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]And since Konami markets to all major platforms indiscriminately, my point is proven. (Anyway, I know [I]Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes[/I] was at least a Gamecube release, so I had a backup already.)[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the point. 3rd party is the most diversity you will ever see in this game. Now: Earthworm Jim. Discuss.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I'm not really sure what you mean by "depth", so....[/FONT][/quote]
By depth I'm basically referring to quality vs. quantity. Obviously the more time spent on creating a large roster is going to distract from efforts to work on characters more specifically. Of course, I'm sure that they have a large enough production team to focus on both, but either way less characters = more move variety within characters, larger differences between characters, etc. (I think).

So my question is: do you think Nintendo is trying to include as many characters as possible, and could this be a bad thing?

Don't get me wrong, the idea of a large range of characters is very intriguing, but I'm trying to step back and play devil's advocate for a second. lol

As for which characters they'd use, I'm not too wild about throwing in all sorts of third-party ones. A few is fine (Solid Snake ftw), but I would prefer they stick to Nintendo characters for the most part, which is.. you know, sort of what the game is all about.

Oh yeah, and just released today: MOTION SENSORY CONTROLS, BABY. Okay, so it's just a smash attack by flicking the controller, but it makes me happy. ^_^ And they even thought to save button configurations to Wii remotes!!! (yes, you have thought of everything, Sakurai)

[quote name='Aceburner']Yeah, that's the point. 3rd party is the most diversity you will ever see in this game. Now: Earthworm Jim. Discuss.[/QUOTE]
I actually think that Earthworm Jim would be a perfect character for Brawl. There's the slight problem of the fact that there are already multiple third party characters so there's little room for him but he'd be really fun to play as.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Let's just say that if Marth does not return, I will be extremely angered. As in, Alex will look like Naps the Cat by comparison.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Wait, how do you know what Naps was saying? Do you speak cat? For all you know he could have been saying very derogatory things about each and every one of our mothers.

Oh, and Wario has the most absolute. freaking. worst. final. smash. ever. EVER.

[color=#4B0082]I'm going to love the control customization. No more accidentally jumping when I do up attacks and no more shielding instead of grabbing when I push the Z button! (Or at least it better fix that second one.) Heck, I might just map grabbing to the R button too since I only ever use L for shielding.

I wouldn't be too quick to knock Wario's final smash. We have no idea yet about just how much of a power boost he gets. Bob-omb strength special attacks would be nothing to scoff at. Notice how fast it looks like the characters are flying after being hit by his shoulder tackle and bike in those screen shots?[/color]

[quote name='Aceburner']Oh, and Wario has the most absolute. freaking. worst. final. smash. ever. EVER.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Gray"]Way to assume. Wario Man is [i]awesome[/i].

Also, I've got to say that Widescreen Update was absolutely hillarious.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote=Sakurai][CENTER]This is standard display.

This is widescreen display.

This is the correct standard ratio.

This is the correct widescreen ratio.

The two shots above... Wrong.[/CENTER][/quote]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Gray"]Way to assume. Wario Man is [i]awesome[/i].

Also, I've got to say that Widescreen Update was absolutely hillarious.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

wario man.....cool. but the whole fact is if youre a new player and your getting used to it, it sucks, and another thing i thought his final smash was the atomic fart? didnt anyone see the preview, RIP OFF! for what I matter, I belive my statements are correct

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I wouldn't be too quick to knock Wario's final smash. We have no idea yet about just how much of a power boost he gets. Bob-omb strength special attacks would be nothing to scoff at. Notice how fast it looks like the characters are flying after being hit by his shoulder tackle and bike in those screen shots?[/color][/QUOTE]

See, the thing is, the site itself says there's no significant boost to his power. I'm just going to regard it a Zero Suit Samus without a huge devastating attack beforehand until I find out otherwise or see him in action. From what I can see, though, he sucks.

Oh, and rendering the bike as a suicide move? That I don't like at ALL.

[quote name='Aceburner']See, the thing is, the site itself says there's no significant boost to his power. I'm just going to regard it a Zero Suit Samus without a huge devastating attack beforehand until I find out otherwise or see him in action. From what I can see, though, he sucks.

Oh, and rendering the bike as a suicide move? That I don't like at ALL.[/QUOTE]

But the bike might work if there were to be like a wall or something? ( Stage builder )

Ya never know,ramps, a button to discontinue, run out of power? oh the posabilities,yes it sucks though for what we know

[quote name='Aceburner']Oh, and rendering the bike as a suicide move? That I don't like at ALL.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Along the same lines, Yoshi's [I]Egg Roll[/I], Jigglypuff's [I]Rollout[/I], and even Ganondorf's [I]Wizard Kick[/I] can all be suicide moves when used improperly. There'll be a method to control it, I'm sure. It'll just be really tricky. (Also, if he's going that fast to begin with, people will [U]fly[/U] when hit by that bike.)

I just don't like Wario period, so I couldn't care less about his moves. :animesmil[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I just don't like Wario period, so I couldn't care less about his moves. :animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE]

That I can live with. I always thought he was pretty cool until Nintendo decided to work the Potty Humor aspect up. I think he's just annoying now, although WarioWare is kind of fun.

[quote name='Aceburner']See, the thing is, the site itself says there's no significant boost to his power. I'm just going to regard it a Zero Suit Samus without a huge devastating attack beforehand until I find out otherwise or see him in action. From what I can see, though, he sucks.

Oh, and rendering the bike as a suicide move? That I don't like at ALL.[/QUOTE][quote]Even after becoming Wario-Man, you control him as you normally would. And he doesn?t unleash any overwhelmingly powerful attacks.

But he is able to negate a variety of moves and boasts some rather odd abilities...[/quote][color=#4B0082]I.e. he doesn't have any super attacks like the full screen explosions or guaranteed one hit kills that other characters have for their final smashes. Also, it sounds like he's invulnerable to some things. But it doesn't say he won't get any power boost whatsoever.[/color]

[quote]His special moves are also powered up, but the one thing you can?t do is ride his bike.[/quote][color=#4B0082]This means that at least his special moves have gotten a power boost, and the "also" implies other moves have as well.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]This means that at least his special moves have gotten a power boost, and the "also" implies other moves have as well.[/color][/QUOTE]

After that, though, it says that you SHOULDN'T try to ride it. The screen impiles that it moves at suicidal speeds if you do. I'm sure there's something there to impress me, but so far I'm vastly underwhelmed. I probably shouldn't have worded it so harshly, though.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Ya. You think that might have been a bit of humor creepin' in there? :rolleyes:[/FONT][/QUOTE]

scince this point took place after I brought up costuumes I just want to say that I still admire pits costume change,and fox's

Amazing;)

[quote name='Aceburner']Sakurai really shouldn't try too hard for humor in a language he speaks broken fragments of.:animesmil[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]That's profiling, dude. You suck now. :animesmil

Yeah, Pit looks pretty good, and the Dark Fox is nice.

I like the difficulty option for Events. It'll let those little players get some time in, and give me something to work for on the later ones. (When I get a Wii, that is. :()[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]Even so, Wario has more special moves besides the bike. And I'm guessing they [i]had[/i] to make it hard to control in order to balance its extra power. Being able to mow down everyone on a platform at no risk looks like it would be akin to having a hammer the whole time he's in final smash form.

People will learn to control the bike anyway, unless there's just too long a delay between getting on and when you can jump off. With good reflexes it would let Wario cover long distances crazy fast, which is a powerful thing especially for a heavy weight.[/color]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]That's profiling, dude. You suck now. :animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I could swear I always sucked. Hey, Haku, have I always sucked?

Meh, whatever. I'll leave WM alone for now. I'll probably never play as him anyway.

EDIT: YEEEEEES! HYRULE TEMPLE IS BACK! Excuse me while I throw a spontaneous party at the nearest available location.

[quote name='Aceburner']I could swear I always sucked. Hey, Haku, have I always sucked?

Meh, whatever. I'll leave WM alone for now. I'll probably never play as him anyway.

EDIT: YEEEEEES! HYRULE TEMPLE IS BACK! Excuse me while I throw a spontaneous party at the nearest available location.[/QUOTE]

Yes.Yes you have. This smash ball thing, when you hit it it diminishes a little..thats ok, but the significant point loss smash is good for you ace you'll get a smash like every 10 seconds lol:animesigh

[quote name='haku877']This smash ball thing, when you hit it it diminishes a little..thats ok, but the significant point loss smash is good for you ace you'll get a smash like every 10 seconds lol:animesigh[/QUOTE]

That's right folks, I suck at Smash, too. But I still play. I was actually referring to the fact that I suck at life, but whatever.

I need a taco...