OtakuBoards

[HB!] Keyblade Wielder vs. White

eleanor

[color=dimgray] [b]Participants:[/b] Keyblade Wielder, White
[b]Date Due:[/b] May 23, 2006
[b]Handicap Set[/b]:
- Dimensions: 500 px by 500 px
- Limited Palette: [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/7eb5826d.jpg]click here[/URL]

[b]Reminders[/b]:
- You have exactly [b]72 hours[/b] from the point this thread is created to finish and submit your work.
- After submission, voting will be open to all member [b]except the partcipating contestants[/b].
-Voters: At least [b]three sentences[/b] about the entry you're voting for and [b]one sentence[/b] of constructive criticism for the other entry.

Good luck! :)[/color]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Oh my gosh... to tell you the truth... I'm actually really excited and scared about this... X3 I hope that I'll be able to at least move onto the Second Round, but I also hope that White will move on, too. Oh well... good luck, White!! I hope we both make some good pieces and that the best graphics person will win!! =D

EDIT 2: Okay... I'm really sorry... but I wanted to make another one since the colors are limited and a picture in my previous entry was all colorful, so... you all understand. n.n

[IMG]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/452/sasuke8le.png[/IMG]

Yeah... this time it has Sasuke in it and it's not all that great... so if both entries are okay, just either delete one or pick one.... because I don't want to be unfair. So, basically... whatever Delta or the others say, I'll go with it. n.n[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]You know, my first glance at KW's piece automatically made me think... [i]Holy crap! I can't beat that![/i]... but after about an hour of fiddling around, I finally came up with something that I am quite fond of.

[img]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1300/round1animated4fw.gif[/img]

At first I couldn't decide wether to animate the marijuana leaf or not, but (obviously) in the end I did. I actually chose the red and gray scheme just to spite Keyblade's blue and black scheme. Hah. :P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Oh smite me, thou mighty smiter!! XD

Lol. Good job on your piece, White... I'd say that you TOTALLY PWNED ME. >.<

Thanks a lot, Mr. Red and Grey.

Seriously, I think you did an awesome job and if you move on, I'll be backing you up!! =D[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=dimgray] Keyblade Wielder: please pick one of your entries to keep and take the one you didn't off of the thread.

I'm not 100% sure with what to do next, but for now I'm ordering that [b]no one[/b] vote until I've gotten more information.

[b]edit[/b]: And actually, Keyblade Wielder, you must take down your [b]first[/b] piece, because it violates the handicapp settings.

[b]Vote away![/b][/color]

[SIZE=1]Well, Lunox, you said KW had to take her first piece down so I'm assuming voting can commence? (My apologies if I assumed incorectly).

As it happens, I was going to vote for [B]White[/B] anyway (despite the stupid spellling error, wtf mate?). I like the composition of his picture much more and the addition of animation is a lovely touch. What I liked is the fact it isn't an obvious animation and gave me the 'Oh, hey! It's [I]animated[/I], oooh.' feeling when I finally noticed. The text and colours all go together nicely and the phrase is very fitting.

[B]KW[/B], I'm a little dissapointed having seen some things you've done before =/ I'm assuming where that very light blue is was supposed to be transparent? I think the text you used doesn't fit, especially for 'strength', and it would have stood out much better if it had been in white.

So, in closing, my vote goes to [B]White[/B].[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Sienna][B]Keyblade Wielder:[/B] What I like best about your piece is the choice of font for the word strength. The blue looks nice and it makes a nice contrast with the black. What I don?t like is the word revenge, it doesn?t stand out and I have to look closer to see what it says.

[B]White: [/B]What I like best about your piece is the subtle animation with the leaf. I also like the striped background and the font you used for the word Broadway. Overall it?s a great piece. The only flaw I see is the spelling error.

For this round I vote for[B] White[/B][/COLOR]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah. Now that you two pointed the spelling error out, I can see it. My first thought... "ACK! [i]Damnit![/i]"

I think it's more of a typo, though. Trust me, I know how to spell [i]amongst[/i]. Anyway, I won't bother changing it in fear of breaking some rule or something.

Anywho, for this round I vote for [b]White[/b].

[size=1]...what?
>.>
<.<[/size][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]hey!hello!?!?! how is everybody, tonight?

I think i'm ok, my ADD and my short term memeory loss havent kicked in....>_>...yet..... ^____^'

oh, wait why am I here?

*pop*

Oh to cast my vote! duh!

Go keyblade wielder!!! WOO!

I'm very hyper tonight....wtf is wrong with me?!!?!?!?!? NOOOOO.

but still nonetheless.

KEYBLADE WIELDER YOU HAVE LEON FURY'S SUPPORT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!! WOO!!!

[SIZE=1]even if you lose......[/SIZE] I THINK YOUR ART STILL ROCKS!!!!

^__________________________________________________________^

KW is now offically on Mr. Fury's cool people list[which is a VERY VERY VERY VERY hard to get into.]

Why I picked KW over White is becuse KW's choices of colours and the shading of the background fits the message perfectly.

[I woulda went with red., crimson red....imo]

Ok since I've re-read the rules......

and

[SIZE=1] I've got to be serious this time....[/SIZE]

KW: *see above*

White: I like the choice of colour.I think that Mary Jane will help you kinda get the point across...I mean it's the acting bussiness. the thing that doesnt give you my vote is: the stripe thing and grammer.

you guys know who my vote goes to.

>_>'

*walks very quickly out of the forum* :animeshy:

Good Luck to whomever may win?

Later.

Leon.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][size=1]Leon Fury, please clean up your post. Not only is your vote confusing, it's spam. Your post quality is lacking, and you've been around long enough to know what's expected of OBers.

[b]- Retribution[/b][/size][/color]

*looks at above post*...Ok....

anyways, I have to vote for [b]white[/b] this round. The colors are really appealing to the eyes and the animation to the leaf = coolness. The typo is somewhat awkward but didn't really notice this at first. the diagonal bars are a great touch but i have to point out, the 'broadway' thing doesn't match very well with the overall feel to the piece.

kayblade - like ezekiel has said. I'm somewhat disappointed when I saw your entry since I've seen alot of your past work. Maybe it was the handicaps. but you have done better imo. the light blue fading into trandparency is real sloppy and I know you could have done better with the typography.

I'm voting for [B]White [/B] because I really love the striped background and candy-like feel to it. What I don't like is the different fonts...try to stick to one style and not jump around so much. I think the "I feel like a star" one bothers me the most :P. The leaf is also, *very* random...I don't really like its placement either. It just totally doesn't fit in the image =\ and I can't seem to figure out the message. I really like the colour usage but it sort of seems to me like you had a hard time conveying your message...that or you just did a speedy job.

Keyblade Wielder...I must say I'm disapointed. I've seen a thread of your works and I was expecting something along those levels. This piece is really lacking in creativity, and I especially don't like the fact that Sasuke is scretched. The font at the bottom really doesnt seem like the best choice either..overall, I just feel like you could have done better.

[COLOR=#35425E][SIZE=1][COLOR=#ED1C24][b]Keyblade Wielder[/b][/COLOR]
Yay for transparent pixels! The extracted image is flawless, and how you tied the whole thing up with black is subtle yet effective (but I do feel that the lower blue box would look better if a black border went all the way around it). There's structure in the way you piled them boxes, text and images; I like that.

[COLOR=#ED1C24][b]White[/b][/COLOR]
Ah, yes. I really am glad to see an animated piece in this round. I like the color scheme and the stripey background is lovely. The placement of the text blocks looks random though, hurried even. And since you used really smooth, curvy letters, perhaps you could make the edges of the leaf smooth and curvy too.

My vote goes to [b]Keyblade Wielder[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Well, this wasn't a too hard choice. KW, your piece just is... yeah... It has too much blur spread all over the image, the text doesn't fit the rest of the image and I just don't like black and white pictures on blue stuff. The V's are also more distractive and kind of mess up the lower part of the picture.

The one thing that bothered me most about White's piece, is that it doesn't have a clear focus. Great subtle animation though, it almost made me doubt my own reading abilities. If the leaf and the words behind it, stood out a tiny bit more, I would've liked it even better. The striped background is indeed nice and I like how it becomes darker to the borders.

My vote goes to [b]White[/b]. D:

[b]EDIT:[/b] By the way, it's Amongts, not Amognst.[/size]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][B]Keyblade Wielder[/B]: Well what I like about your piece is the layers underneath the words Strength, Revenge and Power. The only drawback is that the font doesn?t really match and it actually distracts from the background. I do like the sharp contrast between the blue and black colors, but the lack of a border around the whole piece seems a little off.

[B]White:[/B] What I like the best about your piece is the striped background. It?s very colorful and goes well with the font for Broadway. I also like the animation of the leaf as it draws subtle attention to the words underneath. What I don?t care for is the choice of font for feel like a star and the words under the leaf. Not because of the typo it just doesn?t really fit with the Broadway font.

Anyway, for this round I vote for[B] White[/B]. [/COLOR]

Ok here we go for my totally unbiased vote, I had a bit of a row to vote for who I thought was best so here we go.

Sorry White but I still have to vote for KW, her picture appeals more to me. Your usual choice of the color blue works well with the black and white image of Sasuke I thought, plus that font style looks pretty cool. Also your choice of words pretty much sums his character up so that?s cool too.

For White?s picture, I?m sorry but it just doesn?t appeal to me, seems a bit too artsy for me if that makes sense? Although I do like the stripey background, that's quite fun.

So my vote goes to the wonderful Keyblade Wielder.

[size=1][color=royalblue]Random mission of the day: Vote in all of the HB battles. >.>

[b]Keyblade Wielder:[/b] The little voice inside of me told me that these handicaps in particular were going to be your downfall. Many of your current works involve the huge splash of vibrant "crystals" and scratches of colors. The limited pallet doesn't seem to be working in your favor.
I like the blue background components, and the choice of font for "Strength", but otherwise, I'm finding it hard to really grow attached to the piece. The grey seems a little "blah", the font choice for "Strengh", "Power", and "Revenge" is just not right, and Sasuke seems a bit stretched in height (that's just a matter of opinion).

[b]White:[/b] I love your spelling mistake - it's been the highlight of these battles. XD
You have a clean style, I've noticed, and that reflects well in this pic. I like the whole theme of stardom and the troubles and manipulation that comes with it. The leaf, I'm assuming, is like a fan, but at first, I thought it was a marijuana plant. xD
Or is it? O.O
It's a cool piece, but there are some plxelated areas that bother me. "Broadway" seems a bit fuzzy on the edges, and the crevices of the fan/leaf/thingie are also pixelated.
...Sara told me that animation would be good on my pic. Now I'm gonna hold you hosted to teach me some animating skillz. X3

My vote goes off to [b]White[/b], his spelling mistake, and the fan/leaf/thingie that has been wondering about the legality of it all.[/color][/size]

[color=dimgray] [b][color=red]Presider Note[/color][/b]

[b]Leon Fury[/b]: Your post is incoherent and does not follow the [HB!] rules for posting. Just as a note, here are the rules again:

[quote name='Delta][size=1']Members must post a paragraph of at least three sentences about the entry they?re going to vote for, and one sentence of constructive criticism for the other entry. It?s a pretty simple format so if a member fails to follow it, he/she will be sent a PM by the Tournament Presider and will be given the rest of the voting period to edit his/her vote. His/her vote will be invalidated if it still isn't of the prescribed format by the end of the voting period.[/size][/quote]

Also, not going to say any names, but there is a difference between [b]constructive[/b] criticism and random blunt remarks that hurt more than help.[/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Keyblade Wielder: [/B] The thing I like best is the nice sharp contrast between the various shades of blue and black. The font for strength looks nice as well. The thing I don?t care for is the font for the words strength, Revenge and power. It just doesn?t go and it?s very distracting.

[B]White:[/B] The thing I like best about your piece is how nicely the back border of stripes goes with the word Broadway. I also like the subtle animation of the leaf as well. What I don?t care for is the choice of font for the other words. They just seem to clash a bit with the piece.

Both of you did an excellent job. For this round I vote for[B] White[/B]. [/COLOR]

[color=dimgray] [size=3]Winner of Round one is [b]White[/b].[/size] Congratulations to White and great job to both of you!

[b]White:[/b] look for a new thread that will pair you up with your next competitor.[/color]