OtakuBoards

6-6-06

Corey

[quote name='Dodeca][SIZE=1]I thought the whole point of the Second Coming and the end of the world was supposed to be a surprise. Y'know, so that all people'd be judged as they would've been any other day. Otherwise, the entire population of the world could just 'repent' with a day's notice, and [supposedly'] be saved. What'd be the point in that?[/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Personally I'm going to hazard a guess and say God will actually be aware who repented because they felt bad for the sins they had committed, regardless of when Judgement Day was at hand, and those who repented because they realised if they didn't, they were screwed.[/SIZE]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]And your answer is no.
For the reason that every time I try to talk someone about the Bible they always shrug off reasons. So I won't even try to discuss such a thing with you.[/QUOTE]
[size=1]From what I've learned, believing in a certain religion is not about reason/s. It's about faith.
And gathering what little information I can about you, you either don't have much faith in yours, or you just don't know what you're talking about.
I will never flame anyone for their beliefs, no matter how different from mine.

So I repeat, enlighten us.[/size]

HR, I don't think anyone has done anything to warrant that response on this thread. I understand that some posts come across as unfriendly, but nothing here has been that bad. More importantly, there have been posts which people want you to respond to seriously. Some people would like to hear what you have to say. Some people will respond to what you say, including people who will respond with sarcasm, challenges, and questions. Responding to them with indignation or accusations won't help. I've found that the best thing to do is ignore posts that really are spam because the mods will catch those, answer the actual questions and respond to the sincere posts. That usually works for me. I think we're all just seriously trying to be helpful here, even we do sometimes come across as disaproving.

Heh, I have Sirius satellite radio.

There is a heavy metal station on this radio.

It is called 'Hard Attack.'

Yes, it is, in fact, called 'Hard Attack.'

They definately KILLED the 6-6-06 thing. I heard Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" song more times than I ever wanted to, and I love some Maiden.

Maybe I'm just obsessive, but the fact that there is a '0' in 6-6-06 is probably what kept me from cowering from the shadow of Satan beneath my sheets this past Tuesday.

-Justin

Alright then, if you wish.
[Quote]From what I've learned, believing in a certain religion is not about reason/s. It's about faith.
And gathering what little information I can about you, you either don't have much faith in yours, or you just don't know what you're talking about.
I will never flame anyone for their beliefs, no matter how different from mine.

So I repeat, enlighten us.[/quote]

Well, to make a correction, its about faith but not having faith in a human being ;)
And gathering information about me? That's somewhat disturbing, but I'm okay with it, heh heh...
I know what I'm talking about. You will never? Never ever flame anyone? I'll be sure to keep that in mind for next time.

You may repeat, I shall do it ;)

Okay, you people know that in the book of Revelation it has things to come to pass?
Well, if the rapture is next then the Antihrist will have to already be born for the reason that he is going to be a Governor/ something with high power. So, the Antichrist would have to be old enough to go into the high power. I mean, he will get to the spot where he has power over the people this earths way. As in, it isn't going to be some magical wand motion that gets him there. Hes going to have to go through the trouble. Does it make sense to you now?

And if you are talking about the time span, well Revelation.
In it is the key ;)

[font=trebuchet ms][quote name='Hanabishi Recca][font=verdana]Too bad the antichrist is already born.[/font][/quote][quote=Hanabishi Recca][font=verdana']Well, if the rapture is next then the Antihrist will have to already be born for the reason that he is going to be a Governor/ something with high power.[/font][/quote]Okay, so if I'm reading this right (and I'm not really knowledgeable about Revelation, so correct me if I'm wrong) then you're saying the Antichrist must be born around twenty or thirty years before the Rapture, because Revelation states that s/he will be in a position of political power when the Rapture occurs. All good so far?

That still doesn't mean the Antichrist has [b]already[/b] been born, surely? I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned that there's no date specified for the Rapture, the Second Coming or any other Apocalyptic events. The Rapture may happen tomorrow, or it may happen in another three thousand years, right? And in the latter case the Antichrist's grandparents wouldn't even be a twinkle in their parents' eyes yet.

So I can understand if you say the Antichrist [b]could[/b] already be living amongst us, but since no date is set, there's no reason to say s/he has [b]definitely[/b] already been born, right?[/font]

[B]I know that the day was long ago...but...I can remember it clearly. It was raining, And in the distance, coming over the hill I could see a man with a lantern. I squinched my eyes and walked up the hill. Then the man started screaming. What he said was truly scary.

He said:

"The british are coming! The british are coming!"

I screamed and ran for my life, as Harry Potter and many other brits came and attacked me. Well, actually we just sat down and had a tea party...

LOL, Nothing happened, I don't think there's a certain date that Armageddon will strike. I do believe there will be a judgement on that day, though...but it ain't gonna be on 6-6-06 of any century. It might, but, probably not... My day was average...I woke up..watched TV, went swimming...and..slept... So, nothing to be superstitous about that, huh? :animesmil [/B]

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Okay, you people know that in the book of Revelation it has things to come to pass?
Well, if the rapture is next then the Antihrist will have to already be born for the reason that he is going to be a Governor/ something with high power. So, the Antichrist would have to be old enough to go into the high power. I mean, he will get to the spot where he has power over the people this earths way. As in, it isn't going to be some magical wand motion that gets him there. Hes going to have to go through the trouble. Does it make sense to you now?

And if you are talking about the time span, well Revelation.
In it is the key ;)[/QUOTE]

Which time reference in Revelations do you mean?

Jesus says "Amen I say to you, this generation shall not pass away until all thse things have taken place"(Matthew 24:34) in reference to the Second Coming, so I'm thinking we're pretty bad with figuring out biblical timetables.

I'm seriously not sure which passages you mean, could you give us at least a part of Revelations, maybe a chapter, if not a quote. I'm not sure why it has to happen soon yet, could you explain that more.

[QUOTE=Caine]
Jesus says "Amen I say to you, this generation shall not pass away until all thse things have taken place"(Matthew 24:34) in reference to the Second Coming, so I'm thinking we're pretty bad with figuring out biblical timetables.
[/QUOTE]

Not really, the Church age hasn't yet passed away.

As a Christian, was I fazed at all by the date ominously showing up as 6-6-06? Nope, Revelation males it perfectly clear that the number is that of a man who is called the Antichrist, not a date. This dude won't be running around with an evil laugh and a sinister-looking red cape, gate-crashing death metal conerts and shoving pitchforks up your ***, he will instead be the worl'ds saviour an unbelievable peacemaker. for 3 and a half years at least, until he unleashes his satanistic fury upon the Christians, who by then will not be believed when they try to warn anybody about his antichristness because a few thousand nutters ran around like headless chooks proclaiming everything from 6-6-06 to that cloud up there that just vaguely looks like a number 6, as a sign of the inveitable end time armageddon chaos.

[QUOTE=Caine]Which time reference in Revelations do you mean?

I'm seriously not sure which passages you mean, could you give us at least a part of Revelations, maybe a chapter, if not a quote. I'm not sure why it has to happen soon yet, could you explain that more.[/QUOTE]

Alright, well if you look in Revelation then you will see it reference to Daniel and Thessalonians.

Therefore, the key is in Revelation.

To explain further with what I was saying, the things in those books will help you.
They both talk about the end time. I'm not going to spill it out for you.
I like making people work for what they want ;)
But to help you guys, in the Bible it says that nations will be against Israel. And look whats happening now. There is only ONE more that needs to be against us and that is... well... find it out on your own. *thinks that would be stupid if someone else did that to me...* Okay, its Russia. It talks about the North coming against Israel.
And you all know who that is since I just said it ;)

[QUOTE]Okay, so if I'm reading this right (and I'm not really knowledgeable about Revelation, so correct me if I'm wrong) then you're saying the Antichrist must be born around twenty or thirty years before the Rapture, because Revelation states that s/he will be in a position of political power when the Rapture occurs.[/QUOTE]

Not true, WE [The christians] are stopping the anti christ from becoming that far ahead [In power on this earth]. So, we have to be gone for the anti christ to become where they need to be. Understand???

Also, I have already answerd your second paragraph. Everything has happend. The only thing left is Russia.

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Oh Dear Lord not the end of the world again. I am so tired of hearing about the end of the world.

People were talking about the world ending in 1666 because of the whole 666 thing- and obviously it didn't happen then. It didn't end in 1999, didn't end in 2000 and didn't end last Tuesday. It's not about to end any time soon because a bunch of natural disastors and idiotic terrorists are running rampant. I don't think it's going to end because congress didn't pass a nationwide ban on gay marriage I really don't think it's going to end anytime in the near future and only 140,400 or so believers are going to be saved and the rest of us burn to a crisp.

Let's move on shall we?[/color][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms][quote name='Hanabishi Recca][font=verdana]Not true, WE [The christians] are stopping the anti christ from becoming that far ahead [In power on this earth']. So, we have to be gone for the anti christ to become where they need to be. Understand???[/font][/quote]Whoa, okay, calm down. There's no need to be patronising. All I was contesting was your assertion that the antichrist has [b]already been born,[/b] for which (as far as I can tell through your condescending tone) you haven't thus far provided any backup.

In fact, you've further contested your own statement. You said earlier the Antichrist is already born. Then (quoted above) you said the Christians must be 'gone' (and that certainly isn't a bit of the Bible I've ever come across - Christians as a people are supposed to last until they're saved during Armageddon, right?) for the Antichrist to reach the position s/he is prophesied (in Revelation) to reach.

So, to sum up:
Statement 1. The Antichrist has already been born.
Statement 2. The Antichrist will be in a position of power.
Statement 3. The Christians are ready to stop the Antichrist reaching said position.
Statement 4. Therefore the Christians must no longer be around to stop him/her when s/he rises to power. <-- This is the one I don't think I've understood right. Can I get a clearer explanation, or do I have to look up Revelation on Wikipedia?[/font]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]People were talking about the world ending in 1666 because of the whole 666 thing- and obviously it didn't happen then. It didn't end in 1999, didn't end in 2000 and didn't end last Tuesday. It's not about to end any time soon because a bunch of natural disastors and idiotic terrorists are running rampant. I don't think it's going to end because congress didn't pass a nationwide ban on gay marriage I really don't think it's going to end anytime in the near future and only 140,400 or so believers are going to be saved and the rest of us burn to a crisp.

Let's move on shall we?[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Okay this should be fun
1) If you want to move on, feel free to do so.
2) I haven't heard any one mention gay marriage or anything, so please keep it civil.
3) The 144000 comes from 144 being 12 squared, with twelve being the number which signified wholeness. It was, as most numbers in the Bible are, symbolic.
4) If terrorists start running around with nuclear weapons, then yes the world, or at least human dominance and society as we know it, could very well end

HR, I don't think i can memorize the Bible, or even the NT. I am very familiar with the gospels and know a good deal of the parables and stories in them, but I am not that familiar with Revelations or most of the OT. I ask for passages because it makes finding what you are refering to much easier. If I need to dig through a book the size of Revelations, plus references to a passage in Daniel each time you say something, it becomes quite tedious and quite frankly it gets in the way of the discussion. I'm looking for the passage, but a chapter would be helpful.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Time to get back into this.[quote name='Hanabishi Recca']Alright, well if you look in Revelation then you will see it reference to Daniel and Thessalonians. Therefore, the key is in Revelation.[/quote]

What, praytell, does Daniel and Thessalonians have to do with Revelations? You said the "key is in Revelation." So, what does Daniel and Thessalonians have to do with it? I've studied this topic a bit, and Daniel and thessalonians, although having [i]references[/i] to the end of the world, they have nothing significant to add.

[quote=Hanabishi Recca]But to help you guys, in the Bible it says that nations will be against Israel. And look whats happening now. There is only ONE more that needs to be against us and that is... well... find it out on your own. *thinks that would be stupid if someone else did that to me...* Okay, its Russia. It talks about the North coming against Israel.
And you all know who that is since I just said it.[/quote]

Alright. This part is true. It does say that all nations will be against Israel, although where I'm currently drawing a blank. As for the "only one more that needs to be against us and that is Russia" part, true, as far as I can tell.

[quote name='Hanabishi Recca]Not true, WE [The christians] are stopping the anti christ from becoming that far ahead [In power on this earth'].[/quote]

The hell? When was I notified of this update? [i]Are[/i] we, the Christians, currently stopping the anti-christ from becoming that far ahead? Heh, you do realize that noone actually [i]knows[/i] who the anti-christ is, right? How can we be stopping him, if we don't even know [i]who[/i] this guy is?

[quote name='Hanabishi Recca']So, we have to be gone for the anti christ to become where they need to be. Understand???[/quote]

Ya, I understand...it's called the Rapture. And, not all Christians are going to be gone...lemme explaine. All the hypocrytes, the ones who are only pretending, will be left behind, and then they'll realize they where wrong. Those people will start the new wave, per say, of Christians, the ones who'll essentially save some of the remaining people, and oppose the anti-christ. Sure, this is just my oppinion, but I'm just using common knowledge to induce a possible outcome using deduction.

[quote name='Hanabishi Recca']Also, I have already answerd your second paragraph. Everything has happend. The only thing left is Russia.[/quote]

Um, no. Not everything has happened, as you said. Read Revelations and you'll see that although alot of the things that it reffers to have, in fact, already happened, not everything that is supposed to lead up to the Rapture has. I'd explaine, but I'm too tired to go looking through the book of Revelations and list everything for you.

Alright, here's my last note.

Hanabishi Recca, [i]please[/i] research before you start a dissussion like this. You seem to be talking in circles, taking the point you're trying to validate and reffering it to itself to validate it, bringing up completely useless information, and trying to piece everything together with an incomplete view.

I'm not flaiming, not by a long shot. I'm just trying to clear a few things up here, and hopefully make some sense out of your posts, as well as trying to correct you in a few points that are...slightly differeing. If I'm wrong in anything, please elighten me by [i][u]fully explaining yourself.[/i][/u] Don't "hide" your answers, or have people "work" for them. Explain yourself. Not everyone will have the same oppinions as yourself, so explaning yourself is neccessary in a dissussion such as this.

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Caine'] Okay this should be fun[/quote]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] Define fun. [/color][/font]

[quote name='Caine']1) If you want to move on, feel free to do so.[/quote]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Not to be rude. But the end of the world thing just gets to me after a while. No one has been able to accurately predict when the world will end. I think we'd do our best to just continue to be considerate people and let the world end on its own.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Caine']2) I haven't heard any one mention gay marriage or anything, so please keep it civil.[/quote]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I was just using it as an example of what some people think will cause the world to end. I don't see how using same sex marriage as an example of some people's thinking is being uncivil.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Caine']3) The 144000 comes from 144 being 12 squared, with twelve being the number which signified wholeness. It was, as most numbers in the Bible are, symbolic.[/quote]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Okay. That just confused me. I don't see why only a certain amount of people should be allowed to be saved. It seems unfair somehow that you can only be saved if you are a true believer of only one faith.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Caine']4) If terrorists start running around with nuclear weapons, then yes the world, or at least human dominance and society as we know it, could very well end. [/quote]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]If terrorists get that far, than the leaders of the nations aren't doing their jobs right.[/color][/font]

You know what?

I'm not going to post here for my reasons.
But if you wish to further discuss this subject PM me.

I think that my posts are beginning to go far down in quality.
So, I'll pass on this thread for now on ;)

Thanks for your time, and patients.

Edit - Sorry, Raiyuu it wasn't suppose to sound like that!

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Okay. That just confused me. I don't see why only a certain amount of people should be allowed to be saved. It seems unfair somehow that you can only be saved if you are a true believer of only one faith.[/color'][/font][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Like Caine said, it's just symbolic, like pretty much everything else in Revelations and any prophetic part of the bible. The number by itself doesn't mean anything today - it was simply used, at the time, to carry the concept that all of the Jews would be saved. 12, as Caine explained, represents wholeness, completion, thus the [B]12[/B],000 of each of the [B]12[/B] tribes being 'saved' was meant to symbolise the salvation that would be granted to the entire nation of Israel. Plus, if people would just take the time to read a verse onwards, they'd find;

[COLOR=DimGray][I]"After this I looked and there before me was a [b]great multitude that no-one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language[/b], standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb..."[/I] Revelation 7:9, NIV
[/COLOR]
The whole idea of no-one being able to count them wouldn't really fit if only the 144,000 mentioned in the last 4 verses were going to be saved, and neither does the [I]'every nation, tribe, people and language' [/I]either, since the 144,000 was referring [I]exclusively[/I] to the people of Israel.[COLOR=DimGray] [[I]"Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from the tribes of Israel"[/I] Rev 7:4]
[/COLOR]
And if that didn't clear things up, I don't know what will. : P[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ecstacy][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I've studied this topic a bit, and Daniel and thessalonians, although having references to the end of the world, they have nothing significant to add.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I'd beg to differ. It may not be directly relevant to the events in Revelation, but it does serve as a 'prelude' of sorts, albeit confusingly. If it wasn't for Daniel's interpretations after each dream/prophecy, I'd be completely stumped. : P
I could go ahead and summarise it or put a basic timeline of the 'interpreted' version up, but I think it'll just hurt my brain. Besides, it's not that difficult to look it up and make your own interpretation of it, as you may or may not've done already if you've been looking into it.

Though I don't open a Bible all that often, trying to get past all the symbolism has it's own twisted form of fun. Or maybe I'm just lacking a life... yeah, I'll go with that. : P[/SIZE]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] Define fun. [/color'][/font][/quote]
anything I do when I should be doing chemistry

[quote][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Not to be rude. But the end of the world thing just gets to me after a while. No one has been able to accurately predict when the world will end. I think we'd do our best to just continue to be considerate people and let the world end on its own.[/color][/font][/quote]
I understand that feeling, but if it's going to get to you, you should at least consider avoiding it

[quote][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I was just using it as an example of what some people think will cause the world to end. I don't see how using same sex marriage as an example of some people's thinking is being uncivil.[/color][/font][/quote]
I may have been a bit premature there, but the impression that I got was that you were pretty much attacking people of faith for the words of a few extremists *coughpatrobertsoncough*

[quote][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Okay. That just confused me. I don't see why only a certain amount of people should be allowed to be saved. It seems unfair somehow that you can only be saved if you are a true believer of only one faith.[/color][/font][/quote]
I think Dodeca got this, but the number 12 meant wholeness, so 144000 meant that the whole of Israel could be saved. It wasn't meant literally, it was sort of like how we still refer to the twelve apostle, despite there having been at least 15 who are called aspostles in the Bible.

[quote][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]If terrorists get that far, than the leaders of the nations aren't doing their jobs right.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Leaders not doing their jobs isn't exactly an unheard of thing. My point is that the end of the world shouldn't be ridiculed out of hand, because like it or not it can end soon. Nuclear warfare and a certain date are two seperate issues, and I can fully understand why people take issue with the whole 6/6/06 thing, but that shouldn't make us ignore the actual dangers.

HR, you really should choose. Either post and give your position, or stay out. I have nothing against anyone putting forth a position and civily defending it, and I doubt anyone else does either, but we really can't make sense of your position and are trying to figure it out. It makes things easier for everyone if you just post what you want to say as straightforwardly as possible, with no dodges, no "making us do our own work" or anything like that, and just say what you want to say. Most of the frustration here is because we aren't all sure exactly what it is you're trying to say, or how you're trying to defend it. If you are more straightforward, we can understand what you are saying and may even agree with you, but if you continue talking in circles we can't do much of anything.

[quote name='ecstasy']What, praytell, does Daniel and Thessalonians have to do with Revelations? You said the "key is in Revelation." So, what does Daniel and Thessalonians have to do with it? I've studied this topic a bit, and Daniel and thessalonians, although having references to the end of the world, they have nothing significant to add.[/quote]

Daniel and Thessalonians, mostly just Daniel actually, are important because they influenced John. He was most likely very familiar with the OT, and sp much of his symbolism would be drawn from the OT. Sonce Daniel is really the only other Apocalyptic book in the Bible, he draws most heacily from there.

[QUOTE=Caine]

I may have been a bit premature there, but the impression that I got was that you were pretty much attacking people of faith for the words of a few extremists *coughpatrobertsoncough*
.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I've had a long day and I'm tired so I'm only going to reply to this one thing.

I'm Catholic but I am also a moderate when it comes to politics so in the words of Jesus: Judge not lest ye be judged.

See told you I was tired[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I've had a long day and I'm tired so I'm only going to reply to this one thing.

I'm Catholic but I am also a moderate when it comes to politics so in the words of Jesus: Judge not lest ye be judged.

See told you I was tired[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how you mean that. Politically, I agree with you. If you meant it towards me (which i don't think you did, but I want to be sure) I already admitted that I misunderstood how you meant it the first time

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]I personally do believe that most of the bible is symbolic, as most of you guys seem to. But one thing i've noticed that nobody was taking as a symbol is Israel. Israel back then was simply the chosen land. I believe that the bible is not refering to the country that is named Israel, rather they're refering to the new chosen land, chosen by God.

I personally believe armagedden will be the next world war. Einstein once said: I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.I believe it's obvious now what those weapons will be.

I think some people have an idea of an inhuman man as the anti-christ with magical powers given by Satan. I don't believe that at all. The bible makes everything sound so mystical and impossible. I don't think it'll be anything so outrageous.

Ya know, there are people out there that believe the the new messiah is already on the Earth. A lot of people think they know who it is. It says somewhere in the bible that he'll come as a theif in the night. Many believe that very few people will recognize the new messiah. ::shrug:: Of course there's a lot of stuff about false prophets too.

Well, i can't think of anything else to say.

Later.
[/COLOR] [/FONT]

Guest liger00x
i make fun of ppl who take 6-6-6 to heart i mean its numbers hell if i had an apartment that was 666 i would be ok with it hell it would give me motivation to do sumthing on holloween :animesmil