OtakuBoards

6-6-06

Corey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']Don't worry, I'm cool with it. You're completely right. I'm Christian as well, and like I said before, we can't really tell when the last day will come, just try to prepare for it. [/quote]

Thanks. ^_^ I've gotten accounts frozen on sites for religious talk before. I can never be sure when someone's going to yell at me for it. XD

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]i really don't see this as the end of the world, my dad's working like he has no care if the world were to end, my sis is fighting with me...i really don't see why we should worry when the end of the world might not even end today.

Although all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins are really religious (they're catholic). they went to church this morning and invited me and my sis, i didn't want to go, but i sis did, saying that she believes in God and all that crap. I told her if she wanted to believe the end of the world would be today, then go ahead and spend the rest of your life praying. She got mad so she stayed and that's how we started fighiting, lol.
I see this day as any other normal day, except with weird smelling hobos giving notorious, constant warnings about 6-6-06.
And yet, nothing so far.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Amelia][FONT=Arial]
If you're going to type out the whole year, why not just make it June 6, 2006?
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's not important. What I'm trying to say is that we're not in the year 6 AD as 06 would indicate. People are just reaching with this stuff.

Many people have been worried about this day for quite some time. Everyone is convinced that the number 666 is a sign of the devil. For those who don't know where it comes from, let me shed some light.

Me and an english teacher of mine actually looked into this and discoverd that the number has nothing to do with satan, though it is tied into another sinister historical figure. The number came about from the ancient texts depicting the name of the tyranical Roman emperor Nero. The origins of the number come from the misinterpretation of his name. Through time it has become so enveloped in pop culture that it will probably always be known as the mark of the devil. Oh well, can't be helped can it.

As far as my own experiences for the day, they were rather uneventful. I went to the movies just so I could see the Omen on 6-6-06. It was a decent film, even if it was a little perdictable at times. Regardless, this was an over hyped idea, by an easily spooked, and deeply religious society.

Starwind is kind of right. Well the number of the beast originally was intended as a reference to Nero, it does appear in the Revelation (Apocalypse) of John. It is mentioned, though 616 is usually considered a more accurate translation. Also of interest is the whole bar-code conspiracy. Bar codes all contain a certain number, and Revelations speaks of a mark needed to purchase anything...

My favorite is the people who had labor induced yesterday to make sure their child wasn't the antichrist.
I wouldn't be surprised of somebody named his son Damien just because he was born today.

[COLOR=#35425E][SIZE=1]The next PM I'll receive will ***** up my Inbox and crash my computer. Yep, it's lucky number 666.

June 6, 2006 was a mondo lucky day for me. I got a discount on hordes of chocolates, given a substanial amount of moolah, and there were cute guys [i]everywhere[/i]. Super![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Caine']My favorite is the people who had labor induced yesterday to make sure their child wasn't the antichrist. [/quote]

Too bad the antichrist is already born.

Anyway, to get back on topic, there aren't things in life that just happen.
You always made a choice. Maybe it was just a small one, but maybe it was a mistake, either way, bad or good will come of it.
Thats why 6-6-06 was such a good day for some of you people and some of you it wasn't.

Now, I somewhat agree with some people that posted. I want to give them props since they are standing for what they believe in.

Another thing, the mark of the beast - Caine was right - that it would be needed to purchase things.
But if some of you don't even believe in christianity why even make a big deal out of it?
I'm not going to say that christians are a religion. Since they aren't, but if some of you don't believe that way, why be afraid? Why be afraid of the day that has three sixes in it? It was just another day, you were just sowing and reaping your seed ;)

But again, why would someone who is athiest be afraid of something the Bible said?
The Bible didn't even say that 06-06-06 would be a bad day. It just said that the mark of the beast is 666 NOT as in the day. And if it would be the day then the day would never come. And it would come the closest on 06-06-6.

And it is another day, so it isn't that big of a thing now. I just felt that I needed to say something about it. Thanks!

I know I went off and on topic, forgive me!

Thanks for your time,

David

[quote name='Amelia][font=Arial']Let's not forget the sixth of every month in 1966, either. I checked wikipedia and absolutely nothing bad in history has happened on a 6-6-06 or x-6-66 day. Save for some activist getting shot...but that hardly counts as apocalyptic. Besides. It's not 6-6-6, it's 6-6-06. The extra digit negates all Satan crap![/font][/quote][color=#503f86]Actually, to be fair, The great fire of London was in 1666. Not that it matters at all.

Damn that baker. And those poor street planners and building... builders for making incredibly flammable cities back in the day. Hardly an act of divinity.[/color]

In the words of mister John Stewart(If you watched the daily show yesterday you would know what im tlaking about) "The devil isn't about to come out beacuse of a typo." What he means is 6,6,06 is not the proper numbering. It's 6.06.2006. The only time that it could have been 666 is the year 6 which never actually existed. So there.

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Too bad the antichrist is already born.

But if some of you don't even believe in christianity why even make a big deal out of it?
I'm not going to say that christians are a religion. Since they aren't, but if some of you don't believe that way, why be afraid? Why be afraid of the day that has three sixes in it? It was just another day, you were just sowing and reaping your seed ;)
[/QUOTE]
Woah, where was I when I heard the antichrist was born?
No wonder the world is goin to hell. :animeswea

06.06.06 wasn't any really freaky satanic day (pretty much what I expected), it wasn't a particularly good day, but it was just a day. It was really nice out too!

And I just wanted to comment on this quote too, I don't think it's so much that people who are non-Christians or atheist/agnostic fear the day because they fear the apocalypse, I just think it's the negative connotation that denotes the number that just makes people all like "oOoo what's gonna happen?"
It's kinda like Friday the 13th, same idea.

[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]Woah, where was I when I heard the antichrist was born?
No wonder the world is goin to hell. :animeswea [/QUOTE]

No one really knows who the anti christ is...
The news didn't get the picture of his birth XD

But, you don't really know until 'this and this' happends.
You know, people who are aren't christians won't understand that.
But I am thinking that I don't want to waste their time ;)

:catgirl: [QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]No one really knows who the anti christ is...
The news didn't get the picture of his birth XD

But, you don't really know until 'this and this' happends.
You know, people who are aren't christians won't understand that.
But I am thinking that I don't want to waste their time ;)[/QUOTE]

Well :animeswea my friends and myself believe I'm anti-christ. Seriously because my mom was born on 6-6-1960's. ANd I was born on Christmas AND [B]I'm ATHEIST[/B]
SO :catgirl: umm you now know one

[QUOTE=Snowcat]:catgirl:

Well :animeswea my friends and myself believe I'm anti-christ. Seriously because my mom was born on 6-6-1960's. ANd I was born on Christmas AND [B]I'm ATHEIST[/B]
SO :catgirl: umm you now know one[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean your the anti christ.
Theres only one things that really tells people that you are the anti christ
And that hasn't come to pass yet ;)

Your fine.
Unless you are going to do something that you know would be wrong then your fine ;)

edit- It doesn't matter what you birthdate is - or your mothers.
That isn't what makes the anti christ.

[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]Actually, to be fair, The great fire of London was in 1666. Not that it matters at all.

Damn that baker. And those poor street planners and building... builders for making incredibly flammable cities back in the day. Hardly an act of divinity.[/color][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1]But on the other hand, the fire is believed to have wiped out the last vestiges of the Great Plague. You win some, you lose some. ;)[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][quote name='Hanabishi Recca']Too bad the antichrist is already born.[/quote]

Er...right. When did the topic turn so drastically? I thought this was going to be a discussion on the date, then a "goood theological discussion." Heh...and the antichrist is a void point in this discussion, seeing as he isn't even supposed to appear until [i]after[/i] the "end of the world." Ya know, he doesn't appear until after the dissappearances, a.k.a. the Rapture, and a few of the Judgments happen. Just sayin'.

Anyways, I'll dare to venture into this little Religious side-track a little bit more.

First off, I was raised in a strictly Baptist home, went to church, was baptized, went to a Christian school, blah, blah, blah, blah....so, I understand [i]exactly[/i] what ya'll talking about, kk? I also understand the flip-side, a.k.a. the "non-christian" side, seeing as I've looked into many a religion besides Christianity.

So, I beg you answer this question: Why is it that most of the hype the world freaks about, and not to mention the biggest holiday, are all taken from the Bible? Sure, a bit off-topic, but it's still a relevant point. Why isn't the world freaking about any other religion's "doomsday" dates, or holidays, or whatever? Sure, there's a few, but none that can even come close to what's in the Bible. Why?

Oh, and I understand the mess-ups in the Bible, the calender thing, and the negative connotation.

Personally, I agree with the negative connotation assosiated with anything considered "evil," whether assosiated with the devil, or just bad things in general. My day was perfectly fine, an, as far as I can tell, the world's still here!

Anywho, I've ranted for enough...I'll just wait and see what people have to say about my oppinons...'till then, Ciao! Oh, and have fun...*laughes meliciously*

~.^

~Ex
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Well it was my parents 21st wedding anniversary on the 6th, and aside from the fact that my mother, sister and grandmother are abroad on holiday the whole day went fairly smoothly, no unexpected events, no battling the evil spawn of Hell, a normal, uneventful day.

As a Catholic I genuinely think the whole thing is taken out of proportion, I mean I'm happy in the knowledge that should the Antichrist rear his ugly head, the Pontiff and the Church will be the first ones to spot him, and maybe take further action if required. Of course the birth of the Devil's son isn't due until after the Second Coming, so at least we have Jesus on our side. [/SIZE]

I just did some digging in my Bible. It only listed 5 references to the antichrist, with only three of them being by that name. The other two are translated, in my Bible at least, as "Satan" and "the lawless one." The one's that use the word antichrist (in 1John and 2John) appear to use it literally as "one who is against Christ" and John applies it to all who teach falsely. As for "The Antichrist," as in the one and only antichrist, I'm not seeing much in Revelations (a book which is much too easy to misinterpret) that directly refers to the antichrist, though there are the two beasts, fromw which we get the number and the seal of the beast required to buy. Satan and the Dragon are also mentioned in Revelations

As far as I can tell, any who preach against the teachings of Christ are antichrist. As for signs, well there a quite a few listed in reference to the second coming, but I'm not sure how to interpret those, as many appear in passages which do not make sense if taken literally.

[QUOTE=Ecstasy][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]

Er...right. When did the topic turn so drastically? I thought this was going to be a discussion on the date, then a "goood theological discussion." Heh...and the antichrist is a void point in this discussion.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I just thought I would mention him since someone else did :(

I'm just going to ignor the rest of your post :) Heh heh...

[QUOTE]So enlighten us.[/QUOTE] [^ I think this is spam]

And your answer is no.
For the reason that every time I try to talk someone about the Bible they always shrug off reasons. So I won't even try to discuss such a thing with you.

Sorry, I said that somewhat rudely I don't know any other way to say it.
Heh heh, my apologies :)

[font=trebuchet ms][quote name='Hanabishi Recca][font=verdana][^ I think this is spam'][/font][/quote][color=red]Nope. Short posts aren't spam unless they don't contribute to the discussion. Please leave spotting spam to the Mods.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but [b]your[/b] posts in this thread are closer to spam than Corey's. Try taking a bit more care when you post, and then you might iron out the little mistakes, like "your" instead of "you're", or missing punctuation.[/color][quote name='Hanabishi Recca][font=verdana]I'm just going to ignor the rest of your post [...'] I won't even try to discuss such a thing with you.[/font][/quote]To be honest, that holier-than-thou attitude is more effective at alienating other people from what you believe than any religious statement you could make. Surely when people "shrug off reasons" you can simply provide persuasion and backup to your arguments? It's quite an understanding community here, bar the odd opinionated stoic. Why not try us, if you have something to share?[/font]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=trebuchet ms][color=red]Nope. Short posts aren't spam unless they don't contribute to the discussion. Please leave spotting spam to the Mods.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but [b]your[/b] posts in this thread are closer to spam than Corey's. Try taking a bit more care when you post, and then you might iron out the little mistakes, like "your" instead of "you're", or missing punctuation.[/color]To be honest, that holier-than-thou attitude is more effective at alienating other people from what you believe than any religious statement you could make. Surely when people "shrug off reasons" you can simply provide persuasion and backup to your arguments? It's quite an understanding community here, bar the odd opinionated stoic. Why not try us, if you have something to share?[/font][/QUOTE]

I'll surely do that for you ;)

Anyway, going to topic, every time I try to explain no one listens.
I also get flamed for it, so I desided I wouldn't go too into it for their and my sake.

It isn't a holier than thou, its forget it, no one really wants really wants to learn about my thoughts of Jesus anyway. *shrugs*
I won't waste your time :)

If you want me to waste your time, PM me and I will! For sure ;)

Is that better?
At least I took some thought of others who care.

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]I'll surely do that for you ;)

Anyway, going to topic, every time I try to explain no one listens.
I also get flamed for it, so I desided I wouldn't go too into it for their and my sake.

It isn't a holier than thou, its forget it, no one really wants really wants to learn about my thoughts of Jesus anyway. *shrugs*
I won't waste your time :)

If you want me to waste your time, PM me and I will! For sure ;)

Is that better?
At least I took some thought of others who care.[/QUOTE]

hey! You do not waste our time! come on now! you're sounding criptic like me (and that's bad)! The people were just being rude, they probely had a bad day or something like that, but it's NO reason to get mad at you! They need to just CHILL OUT! we are supposed to be having friendly conversations, not rude ones!

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Anyway, going to topic, every time I try to explain no one listens.
I also get flamed for it, so I desided I wouldn't go too into it for their and my sake.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]HR, I don't think I've ever seen anyone here flame you per se. I've seen people reply to your opinions with their own, sometimes a little too... enthusiastically... but that's about it most of the time. And sometimes people won't necessarily listen to what you say, but I don't think that happens too much here. Not everyone likes to start off a post by agreeing/disagreeing with someone else, but that doesn't mean that they haven't taken the time to take your opinion into consideration.

Though... to be honest, you [I]can[/I] end up sounding like a high-street preacher every now and then. : P
[/COLOR]
[CENTER]* * *[/CENTER]

From my oh-so-vaguely-Christian view, no number of dates - or anything else that people might see as signs - could really tell when the end of the world will come. I thought the whole point of the Second Coming and the end of the world was supposed to be a surprise. Y'know, so that all people'd be judged as they would've been any other day. Otherwise, the entire population of the world could just 'repent' with a day's notice, and [supposedly] be saved. What'd be the point in that?
[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dodeca][size=1]I thought the whole point of the Second Coming and the end of the world was supposed to be a surprise. Y'know, so that all people'd be judged as they would've been any other day. Otherwise, the entire population of the world could just 'repent' with a day's notice, and [supposedly] be saved. What'd be the point in that?
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Quoted for making more sense than the rest of the thread. Oh, and for truth.[/size]