OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Shrugs*

Didn't really feel like Bleach to me at all, I mean it's fine to want to explore the idea of Halibel's aspect of death but to do it in that fashion just seemed really lame and contradictary.

As for why Ulquiorra didn't have a flashback, it's because he represents Nihilism. I would like to see exactly how Aizen went about recruiting him sure but I imagine it'd simply be down to the fact Aizen showed no fear and offered Ulquiorra a path to follow.

And yes, I know filler messes up everything but this one is probably something Kubo planned to do himself but didn't have the time (like the Menos Forest and that Shinigami guy) and therefore feels really crap. [/size][/font]

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After watching the latest episode, I'm kind of glad its over. I mean I understand that Hallibel's aspect of death had to be explained but it kinda just leaves an elephant in the room. I mean Aizen acquired Barragan into his new army and gave some of his followers powerups(for reasons I dont understand.) and then he helps Hallibel by saving her life. He should have just killed her there if he saw she couldn't stand against that other arrancar. Instead he just said some line that sounded like he got it out of a self-help book and offered her a spot in his army. This episode kinda made me hate Hallibel, I mean are we really suppose to believe that women hollows are to gather together and defend themselves from men hollows. I mean to get stronger a hollow has to consume others right...I guess Hallibel had a change of heart after she got strong enough for herself and to be the leader of the women hollows and arrancars. This episode took all of Hallibel's cool points.

I guess Aizen got tired of helping her and finally just put her out of her misery.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I have to admit, the only interesting reveal in that episode was that Arrancar Adjuchas > Vasto Lorde in terms of power, given how easily the shark guy was owning Halibel in their fight.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='21 August 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1282394135' post='699685']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I have to admit, the only interesting reveal in that episode was that Arrancar Adjuchas > Vasto Lorde in terms of power, given how easily the shark guy was owning Halibel in their fight.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
If Kubo had anything to do with that episode that would also explain why Nel was so powerful. Curse you Toshiro for overhyping Vasto Lordes.

[quote name='Gavin' date='12 August 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1281636910' post='699309']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Sort of depends on your interpretation of an arc, stuff in Karakura finished a couple of weeks back although the storyline hasn't changed very much at all.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]That kind of bums me out. The one thing the writers have done well is put characters in place that could have plots develop around them. For example, they could easily suck out a few dozen episodes on Ichigo's father.

After watching 283 I have to harp on [spoiler]the whole Aizen/Halibell scenario. I mean really? What exactly was the purpose of using the Arancarr if you just planned on slaughtering them? After all, if Aizen can move forward with just Gin and the blind captain whose name escapes me why ever bother with them?[/spoiler][/color]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Well now that you mention Isshin...

As for the purpose of the Espada, really we're not sure at the moment. Either Aizen created them to beat the Captains of Soul Society, which doesn't make sense because Aizen should know their strengths and therefore be able to gauge how well they'd do against specific opponents or and this one is a big spoiler [spoiler]he intended to consume them once his fusion with the Hyogoukyu was completed for their power[/spoiler]. At this stage we really don't know.

Blind guy is Tousen by the way.

[b][Edit][/b] Just watching the newest episode over on Crunchyroll and one thing occurs to me: Wonderweiss is a fuckload more annoying with sound and motion than he is in single panels, seriously I am now looking forward, for many additional reasons to seeing [spoiler]Yamamoto beat him to death with his bare hands[/spoiler].[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

Agreed, although I find Mashiro to be a lot more annoying than Wonderweiss at the moment. I was glad she got decked like that... As mean as that sound, I'm sorry, she deserved it.

I suppose I should've expected it, but honestly, animators are getting silly with these edits. Yes, Hiyori's original injury/wound was graphic, [spoiler]she lost her entire lower body[/spoiler], but with her current injury it makes it look like Shinji is overreacting. The wound itself looks like something you'd expect Bleach characters to be able to survive over.

I suppose I can appreciate the attempt at handling the off-screen stuff, but I didn't really care for this episode that much. Edited by Beretta

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Mashiro is walking fan service therefore I am obliged to overlook her stupidity.

I did find Hiyori's injury edit a bit silly, as you said we've seen others survive very similar injuries without being killed, though that said I found the blood flow from Hiyori's original injury seriously lacking unless she's been experimenting on herself like Mayuri.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Shrugs*

Just realised they actually animated the bisection shadow when Gin cuts through her, same way they have Ishida talk about how he's used an anti-coagulant on his clearly complete hand. God you'd think if they'd edit stuff they'd edit it properly.

Anyway caught a glance at the new filler coming up and dear God I'm just going to stop watching the anime until it's over. [/size][/font]

Even though I posted it I completely forgot about the fillers lol. I may check it out once the fighting gets underway just to see if they can top the animation quality in the last filler. (Something is terribly wrong when filler tops canon material in the animation department)

I also tried watching the fillers with that Shusuke person, or rather I tried watching him and Ichigo fight.. Couldn't make it through it. I'm going to skip out on those fillers on [AS] as well.

So I just saw the episode....

Pretty decent, although, I'd rather not see anymore undershots of Yammy. They did ruin the ending with that stupid tune though. But I guess it's okay because there was no singing this time. (Thank God)

As for that filler preview, yeah, I'm skipping that one. On the bright side though, it's only 1 episode and then its back to canon material and then filler again.... I don't know when the filler's suppose to start again though.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Filler starts next week and apparently has to do with the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. I would also be quite hesitant to say it lasts only a single episode given we've known a filler arc is coming for quite a while.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

I meant the other filler after this one.

Just for more convincing

288. [spoiler]The Final Trump Card! Ichigo, Towards the Decisive Battle[/spoiler]
289. [spoiler]Byakuya vs. Kenpachi?! The Melee Commences[/spoiler]
290. [spoiler]For the Sake of Justice?! The Man Who Deserted the Shinigami[/spoiler]

Oh man, I may skip 290. [spoiler]I don't care nor need to see mr. buggy[/spoiler] Edited by Phenom

• 4 months later...
[size=1]Time to bring this back since I've stopped reading the manga for the time being... (Or rather, I'll say that I've taken a break from it until Kubo actually get to the point where he would provide answers)

Ep. 300 was pretty good, but what I've seen with this fight (Aizen vs SS included), I like this fight in the manga more simply because the fighting is just so dull here in the anime. It's like watching the Soul Society arc all over again. [/size]

[url="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-10/band-posts-about-bleach-last-season-deletes-mention"]Looks like Bleach is coming to an end[/url]. Kubo should've followed suit here and just answered questions like [spoiler]How does Isshin fit into this stuff[/spoiler]? Anyway, no telling if it will come back later on down the line or not but I think it was about time for it to end. It slipped off quite a bit. Edited by Magus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Le necro bump*

Let me start by saying I'm not a fan of recent Bleach filler arcs, of all of them so far the only one I enjoyed was the Bount one. I really wanted to enjoy the Zanpakutou Rebellion because it was something so different, and because I figured Kubo through the writers might give us hints about big name swords we've not see much of and that foreseeably it could've even gone so far as to affect the denizens of Hueco Mundo and force both sides into an unlikely alliance. Sadly it didn't live up to anything near what I had hoped.

I say this because I don't want to get excited about the new arc, which presumably we're going to be watching for at least twelve months. I don't want to get excited because if the intro is any judge of the material to come, it looks like it could be very, very good.

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XkPR7dbp1o[/media][/center][/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

Despite a few annoyances with Orihime and stupidity coming from some of the captains I thoroughly enjoyed the Zanpakuto filler arc. Truth be told it's the only arc I actually watched. I tried watching both the Bount arc and "what's his name" arc but couldn't make it through it.

I haven't even bothered checking out this filler arc. I will admit that that intro is intriguing but given Bleach's history, it only looks good because all of there intro's animation are top quality. There intro's are always looking better than the series itself.

But then I'm also seeing Kon so he could be the other cause of my doubt.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Definitely an interesting episode, the only thing that bugged me was right at the end where [spoiler]they arrest Ichigo, they attack him first.[/spoiler] Surely an "Ichigo, would you might coming with us, we have a few questions" would've been better than [spoiler]"I'm attacking you to arrest you, stop resisting!"[/spoiler] I mean this is the guy who stopped Aizen for you, and has been a straight-up ally for a considerable period of time, apparently taking the time to simply explain the situation to him is a bit much. [/size][/font]